Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3796187 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #6000 on: March 26, 2019, 08:16:52 PM »
maybe they're giving up on the whole "video game forum" thing and shifting to be a disney film forum? :thinking

Snoopycat_

« Reply #6001 on: March 26, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »
Aren't Anthrax hoaxes considered federal crimes?

Naw. You've got that confused with Anthrax's records.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #6002 on: March 26, 2019, 08:57:50 PM »
Anyone else notice that is seems to be a dumping ground for banned members and closet Gamergators? Seems like once a month there is a comment that is misogynistic, transphobic or complaining about being banned for acting shitty on the forums.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-psn-community.107831/

ONCE A MONTH?  :noooo

benjipwns

« Reply #6003 on: March 26, 2019, 09:02:44 PM »
dear god, I'm calling my Congressperson as we speak

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6004 on: March 26, 2019, 09:04:00 PM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6005 on: March 26, 2019, 09:08:20 PM »
Naw. You've got that confused with Anthrax's records.

Counterpoint:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvgODQrX2nc

Anyone else notice that is seems to be a dumping ground for banned members and closet Gamergators? Seems like once a month there is a comment that is misogynistic, transphobic or complaining about being banned for acting shitty on the forums.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/resetera-psn-community.107831/

ONCE A MONTH?  :noooo

ADD IT TO THE LIST, YOU COWARDS

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #6006 on: March 26, 2019, 09:33:08 PM »
But to them, it's an impossible hurdle. Michael Brown was in the wrong, Trayvon was in the wrong. Everyone who is charged by the police is in the wrong. You can't change their thinking or their impossible requirements for innocence.

The larger problem is how reasonable people allow them to dominate the discussion. They say outrageous things, reasonable people allow it to shift the discussion. Jussie was completely guilty. Hell, there's a tweet where a dude called Michael Flynn a victim who committed a 'process crime' and Jussie as having 'privilege'.

I have always wondered how they got to 16 felony charges. The prosecutor doesn't even try for a plea deal. That's how bad it was. Jussie isn't sitting on millions. They could have wasted his money with a trial. How weak is the case to not even try for a plea?

But the conversation has been shifted. Now it's about how he's actually guilty. The mayor, corrupt fuck he is and the police chief from a racist department are making a fuss, and the prosecutor, who always has a cozy relationship with police are making statements and shifting the narrative. You can't change their thinking.

I am grouping them all together because I don't believe they are without bias. Racists hate a black man for 'getting away' with anything. Cops usually have a bunch of racists and I'm not giving the Chicago PD any credit when they have actual black sites for torture and the prosecutor wants his bread buttered and has immunity from civil suits. The prosecutor has no reason not to inflamed the situation.

The prosecutor couldn't even get a plea deal but has no problem with the evidence? If you can't get a plea deal, it means you have a problem with the evidence.

All this to say, we need to stop giving bad faith actors a platform. Fox is already switching to Jussie, a guy who makes 20k per episode. Yeah, a lot of money but not Johnny Cochran money. Jussie was happy for this to go away for 10k.

We've shifted away from real questions to that he was probably guilty.

My questions are: what actually happened, why were the charges dropped, why is Jussie acting innocent when he hasn't gotten to double jeopardy? They could roll him into court, still, and waste money while Jussie bleeds his bank account to the point he wants a plea. That happens everyday to black people.

hey, hows that READ MODPOST - STOP POSTING STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES going?

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #6007 on: March 26, 2019, 09:42:02 PM »
Apparently the lesson is to never meet your heroes.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6008 on: March 26, 2019, 09:44:42 PM »
But to them, it's an impossible hurdle. Michael Brown was in the wrong, Trayvon was in the wrong. Everyone who is charged by the police is in the wrong. You can't change their thinking or their impossible requirements for innocence.

The larger problem is how reasonable people allow them to dominate the discussion. They say outrageous things, reasonable people allow it to shift the discussion. Jussie was completely guilty. Hell, there's a tweet where a dude called Michael Flynn a victim who committed a 'process crime' and Jussie as having 'privilege'.

I have always wondered how they got to 16 felony charges. The prosecutor doesn't even try for a plea deal. That's how bad it was. Jussie isn't sitting on millions. They could have wasted his money with a trial. How weak is the case to not even try for a plea?

But the conversation has been shifted. Now it's about how he's actually guilty. The mayor, corrupt fuck he is and the police chief from a racist department are making a fuss, and the prosecutor, who always has a cozy relationship with police are making statements and shifting the narrative. You can't change their thinking.

I am grouping them all together because I don't believe they are without bias. Racists hate a black man for 'getting away' with anything. Cops usually have a bunch of racists and I'm not giving the Chicago PD any credit when they have actual black sites for torture and the prosecutor wants his bread buttered and has immunity from civil suits. The prosecutor has no reason not to inflamed the situation.

The prosecutor couldn't even get a plea deal but has no problem with the evidence? If you can't get a plea deal, it means you have a problem with the evidence.

All this to say, we need to stop giving bad faith actors a platform. Fox is already switching to Jussie, a guy who makes 20k per episode. Yeah, a lot of money but not Johnny Cochran money. Jussie was happy for this to go away for 10k.

My questions are: what actually happened, why were the charges dropped, why is Jussie acting innocent when he hasn't gotten to double jeopardy? They could roll him into court, still, and waste money while Jussie bleeds his bank account to the point he wants a plea. That happens everyday to black people.

hey, hows that READ MODPOST - STOP POSTING STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES going?

He certainly doesn't have that problem. :p

I think his point is, people can be too reasonable, but I find it funny when said in a completely unreasonable argument. lol
« Last Edit: March 26, 2019, 09:50:07 PM by Leadbelly »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6009 on: March 26, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
All while spying on you for the Chinese government. Where can I sign up?!

Less than 10 posts, well done.

a chinese phone? lol

So which company did they steal the tech from this time?

They probably use these phones at the Uygher re education camps, no thanks.

:what

This topic really shows how lame this place is becoming when it comes to tech talk. But w/e
Preach. I hardly even bother. Im not even a Huawei fan, but this place has become awful for tech discussions outside of PC building on the gaming side strangely.

My histories of history sense is tingling.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #6010 on: March 26, 2019, 10:03:23 PM »

For the record, yep, these are totally all the same:
Michael Brown - shot by cop, arguably post-death framed for a serious crime
Trayvon Martin - shot by wannabe cop after defeating said wannabe cop in confrontation
Michael Flynn - lied to the FBI about something borderline irrelevant without a lawyer present (after plea deal on said lying to the feds, never charged for his potential crimes in lobbying)
Jussie Smollett - mailed himself a threat, hired people to fake an attack on him motivated by ... homophobia? racism? still dunno really ... in order to increase his salary on a TV show where he makes over a million a year

As an aside:
Why don't these people ever list a handful of actual incidents where blatantly innocent black people were setup/killed by police? I mean, the fact that this guy managed to remember Michael Brown to put in his list puts him in the 1% for these ResetERA.com posts. Kathryn Johnston? Stephon Clark? Alton Sterling? Terrance Sterling? Jonathan Hart if you want a gay black man? How about Laquan McDonald or Maurice Granton also in Chicago? Nah, but like always fucking Trayvon.

Okay, okay, to be fair Alton was accused of a crime, he was accused of selling stolen CDs (in 2016) when he was tackled by police and somehow wound up shot from that.

halfanhourglass

« Reply #6011 on: March 26, 2019, 10:07:22 PM »
That is white people for you.

It sure is.

benjipwns

« Reply #6012 on: March 26, 2019, 10:08:31 PM »
Though it is adorable that in naming other people to go with innocent victim Jussie they named a person who admitted to having committed a crime and a person who had a good chance of committing a crime if we believe the only witness statement.

Michael Brown doesn't deserve to be in that list considering that standard.

Leadbelly

« Reply #6013 on: March 26, 2019, 10:33:00 PM »
Also:

You mean like how did two white people shouting, 'this is MAGA country' turn out to be two Nigerians that were friends with Jussie? I guess all of the old inconsistencies doesn't count now.

Or even much more recently: how come Jussie did 2 days of community service with Jessie Jackson's organisation if he wasn't guilty of anything?

The real questions. I guess what he means by 'real questions' is anything he can think of that doesn't fit with the official story.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #6014 on: March 26, 2019, 10:37:38 PM »
Weird how he didn't mention R Kelly, OJ or Michael Jackson.

benjipwns

« Reply #6015 on: March 26, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »
lol hadn't heard this:
Smollett claims he has an untreated drug problem—his use of ecstasy. He also said he does not have issues with alcohol or his mental health.
also yikes at Copmala refusing to accept his known proven innocence and the fact he's a confirmed and completely exonerated victim

benjipwns

« Reply #6016 on: March 26, 2019, 10:39:01 PM »
No, they're a baseball team. Why would you assume that?

benjipwns

« Reply #6017 on: March 26, 2019, 10:39:25 PM »
 :ohyou

Leadbelly

« Reply #6018 on: March 26, 2019, 10:43:21 PM »
Aren't the twins just.. Americans?

Yeah. Everyone reported them as Nigerians though. Not sure what the deal is.

benjipwns

« Reply #6019 on: March 26, 2019, 10:43:28 PM »
Jussie Smollett walked free Tuesday — but that wasn’t enough for his attorney, who left the door open for investigators to probe the two brothers Smollett purportedly paid to stage the bias attack.

“The two men who attacked him have indicated that they attacked him,” Patricia Brown Holmes said when asked if cops should resume the search for Smollett’s assailants now that prosecutors have dropped all charges against the “Empire” actor. “The two brothers have said that they attacked him.”

Neither of the brothers was ever charged, and “The Osundairo brothers said more than once that the $3,500 check they received was for exactly what Jussie said,” insisted Holmes. “It was for nutrition and training. They were his trainers.”

With Chicago prosecutors now declining to go after Smollett for his purported part in the plot, the only ones left as possible targets for an investigation would be the brothers.

“That’s up to the state,” Holmes said, when asked if the brothers — who once had small roles in Smollett’s hit Fox drama — should face charges.

“We don’t want to try them in the press any more than [Smollett] wanted to be tried in the press,” Holmes added in declining further comment on the pair.

One source close to the case tried to pin the whole thing on the brothers’ lawyer, Gloria Schmidt, arguing that she told investigators what they wanted to hear — and they ate it up.

“There was in fact texts and all kinds of supporting documents that showed that the $3,500 was indeed for training,” the source said. “Much of what happened appears to have been a lawyer-generated story while those two guys [the brothers] were in custody.”

“Gloria Schmidt created this whole narrative and the police department took it as gospel.”
holy shit at the balls on Holmes :lol

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #6020 on: March 26, 2019, 10:44:30 PM »
This isn't a grey area. This isn't something that's hard to accept or understand. China is strong arming another country by arresting Canadian citizens and doing trade fuckery (without zero evidence) to get a criminal set free. If you believe this isn't something to draw a line at then you absolute are stanning or even worse are apathetic to the tribulations of the world.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/huawei-p30-pro-can-unlock-your-car-charges-the-fastest-and-seemingly-takes-the-best-pics-of-any-phone-it%E2%80%99s-bonkers-innovative.107724/post-19261226

Like it or not, Trump is our president, assuming that you are a U.S. citizen/resident. His words have certain amount of weight and cannot be disregarded easily.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/huawei-p30-pro-can-unlock-your-car-charges-the-fastest-and-seemingly-takes-the-best-pics-of-any-phone-it%E2%80%99s-bonkers-innovative.107724/post-19260814

You're taking a centrist stance. There is only one position when regarding Huawei and the Chinese government: they're doing evil.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/huawei-p30-pro-can-unlock-your-car-charges-the-fastest-and-seemingly-takes-the-best-pics-of-any-phone-it%E2%80%99s-bonkers-innovative.107724/post-19262352

cool thread about a phone reveal :lol

benjipwns

« Reply #6021 on: March 26, 2019, 10:46:44 PM »
Dude, go ask Huawei for a cheque or something 'cause you're putting in OT.
Be done. You still are a pro-bono Huawei troll just trying desperately so hard to derail and criticism about Huawei to America, Saudi Arabia, sweat shops, and other things you want to call out in a thread about Huawei. It's quite obvious you never cared to engage in good faith the arguments against Huawei because even you couldn't give reasons for why those 3 Canadians were arrested, or what evidence, or their court dates or even where they currently are. You probably couldn't even say what is actually wrong with Canadian Canola as investigations have shown zero safety and health hazards and China is the only buyer who is saying it is bad without supplying why. Enjoy supporting an authoritative regime!
just don't wonder out loud if anyone on the gaming side is a marketing person

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6022 on: March 26, 2019, 10:48:41 PM »
I know they were born here, but not sure if they maybe grew up in Nigeria or spent significant portions of their life there or something.  They just get called Nigerian in articles with a (she's bi) mention of the fact they were born in America lol.
are you asking if they have dual allegiances?  :-[

benjipwns

« Reply #6023 on: March 26, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »
you couldn't give reasons for why those 3 Canadians were arrested, or what evidence, or their court dates or even where they currently are
:chinacry

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6024 on: March 26, 2019, 11:27:09 PM »
Didn't they buy plane tickets to go to Nigeria the day of the attack?

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #6025 on: March 26, 2019, 11:33:28 PM »
Touché

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6026 on: March 27, 2019, 12:55:44 AM »
I know they were born here, but not sure if they maybe grew up in Nigeria or spent significant portions of their life there or something.  They just get called Nigerian in articles with a (she's bi) mention of the fact they were born in America lol.
They probably connected scam and Nigerian roots and ran with it. No more iconic duo than Nigerian princes and scams.

Bore Expert

« Reply #6027 on: March 27, 2019, 01:15:41 AM »
Who hasn't done that though?

Liam Neeson  :thinking

benjipwns

« Reply #6028 on: March 27, 2019, 01:48:11 AM »
holy shit, i practically died when i saw this issue, but the wording on enacting it is even more amazing:
Seconds ago: Following new legislation in ResetERA, drive-by spoilers are an increasingly common crime.

Bore Expert

« Reply #6029 on: March 27, 2019, 01:54:46 AM »
Next they’ll be boycotting restaurants that don’t spoiler tag the menus

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6030 on: March 27, 2019, 02:12:23 AM »
music artist: puts out single

the reeeeee: how dare you spoil your new album for meeeeeeeeeee

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #6031 on: March 27, 2019, 02:16:43 AM »
Dude, go ask Huawei for a cheque or something 'cause you're putting in OT.
Be done. You still are a pro-bono Huawei troll just trying desperately so hard to derail and criticism about Huawei to America, Saudi Arabia, sweat shops, and other things you want to call out in a thread about Huawei. It's quite obvious you never cared to engage in good faith the arguments against Huawei because even you couldn't give reasons for why those 3 Canadians were arrested, or what evidence, or their court dates or even where they currently are. You probably couldn't even say what is actually wrong with Canadian Canola as investigations have shown zero safety and health hazards and China is the only buyer who is saying it is bad without supplying why. Enjoy supporting an authoritative regime!
just don't wonder out loud if anyone on the gaming side is a marketing person
nah games are different because

remy

« Reply #6032 on: March 27, 2019, 02:17:36 AM »
it's sooooooooo much fun talking about stuff on resetera!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6033 on: March 27, 2019, 03:01:59 AM »
it's sooooooooo much fun talking about stuff on resetera!
lmao, wtf is this thread even

remy

« Reply #6034 on: March 27, 2019, 03:42:28 AM »
 :) hey this phone is pretty cool

>:( YEAH BUT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT MURDER CANADIAN CITIZENS YOU FUCKING SPY

ResetBanBot

« Reply #6035 on: March 27, 2019, 04:03:52 AM »
"Prism, Prism on the wall, who is the most trustworthy of them all?" he said, referencing the previously secret National Security Agency surveillance project, telling the audience to ask Edward Snowden — the whistleblower who revealed the activity — if they didn't understand what he meant.

Ping also took aim at the US Cloud Act, arguing that the legislation allows the US government to demand access data held by US companies, even if it is stored in different countries.

"The Cloud Act allows them to access data cross-borders. So for best technology and for greater security, please choose Huawei," he said.
A private citizen has more reason to fear their own government's surveillance apparatus than a foreign one. Parallel construction does not work under the scrutiny of international diplomatic incidents.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6036 on: March 27, 2019, 04:22:07 AM »
Unless a foreign country spies on you at the behest of your own government.

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #6037 on: March 27, 2019, 04:34:53 AM »

... got anything to reveal, Momo?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6038 on: March 27, 2019, 05:11:26 AM »

... got anything to reveal, Momo?
I don't pay my TV licence :fbm
spoiler (click to show/hide)
in b4 americans are baffled by a tv licence :lol
[close]

PogiJones

« Reply #6039 on: March 27, 2019, 05:16:04 AM »
I'm more baffled by the British spelling of license  :yuck

PogiJones

« Reply #6040 on: March 27, 2019, 05:18:56 AM »
Okay, yeah, I'm also pretty baffled by a TV license, too

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6041 on: March 27, 2019, 05:23:42 AM »
Dont worry, we all hate it. (the licence not the spelling :ufup)

benjipwns

« Reply #6042 on: March 27, 2019, 05:33:33 AM »
lol at when the government goes "hey yeah, before you use that, pay us a fee" and you don't just tell them to fuck off and put up an antenna, lol island full of giant dads tried to rule the world, couldn't just stay off the continent despite it always progressively turning out worse each time :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #6043 on: March 27, 2019, 05:35:43 AM »
 :lol

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6044 on: March 27, 2019, 05:40:30 AM »
Hey man, some conquering islands do it right

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/hot-date-bundle

:pitbull :expert

benjipwns

« Reply #6045 on: March 27, 2019, 05:52:43 AM »
oh god

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/3/26/18267092/sober-curious-nonalcoholic-drinks-spirits

Enter Ruby Warrington. The 42-year-old Brooklyn-based British journalist got “sober curious” eight years ago (although she still does occasionally drink) and says she has never felt more in charge of her destiny.

Constant drinks at work and social events caught up with Warrington, who began questioning the command alcohol had over her self-worth, career, and relationships. This is the mindset she refers to as “sober curious,” and it’s the topic of her new book, Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol. The book is part guide, part journalism, part memoir, focusing on the big differences that come when we think about how drinking really makes us feel.

Think of sober curiosity as a “wellness” approach to (not) drinking alcohol. The idea isn’t a hard stop to drinking or a 12-step process to sobriety, Warrington said. It’s not a recovery method for alcoholics, either. It’s about recognizing drinking habits and acting on that understanding. Maybe it means cutting out all alcohol, or just not drinking on weekdays. Warrington added that it’s the idea that alcohol determines our fun, intimacy, friendships, and experiences to the point that some Americans have tapped out of the present and aren’t fully living.
But the beauty of sober curiosity, supporters say, is it can be as highbrow or lowbrow as you may want it to be — and as health-oriented. If booze-free happy hours in a Brooklyn coworking space don’t feel like your cup of tea, that doesn’t mean a low-carb bottle of zero-proof beer can’t accompany a football tailgate.

“I find it exciting to be finding about these drinks,” said Jenna Good, 40, who got sober curious after reading Warrington’s book. Warrington captured the exhaustion Good said she carried through the party-filled holiday season until sober January.

Three months later, Good said she’s rediscovering herself and feels “lighter,” more work-focused, and appreciative of small things. “I feel like there’s this person that’s been under the blanket of alcohol for the last 20 or so years,” she said. “Now it’s time to see what I can do and who I can be without hangovers.”
Wellness also isn’t the same as sobriety, which is a real, difficult, lifelong choice that people with addiction make every day. Warrington echoed this sentiment, noting that sober curiosity is not for people with alcoholism, who should seek treatment through therapy and rehabilitation. For frequent drinkers, she added, cutting out alcohol cold turkey can also increase feelings of vulnerability in social situations. Being sober curious isn’t a recovery method, and experts actually discourage people in rehab from drinking nonalcoholic beers.
Sober curiosity may be one of the most accessible paradigms to come from the wellness movement; it’s totally free to go to a bar, restaurant, or party and not drink anything. It’s also cost-effective to make the experience about you, not what other people are doing, Warrington said. The idea is checking in with yourself and finding where the desire to drink is, and then asking where that pressure comes from.

A sober-curious space doesn’t have to mean no one drinks; it just means it’s no one else’s business if you don’t. In this way, conscious gathering could help address issues such as drunk driving or alcohol-related sexual assault, Warrington said. For her, accountability could increase if the power of alcohol were to decrease.
why must everything be a thing

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6046 on: March 27, 2019, 05:54:41 AM »
Sober curious sounds like the lamest kink.
ὕβρις

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #6047 on: March 27, 2019, 05:55:17 AM »
because every idiot wants to feel special and unique.

BisMarckie

« Reply #6048 on: March 27, 2019, 05:56:31 AM »
Not surprising that the Bire is a hotbed of bigotry. :wag

Stop shaming sober culture and the sober community and its allies. :wag

benjipwns

« Reply #6049 on: March 27, 2019, 05:56:46 AM »
Warrington said sober curiosity surprisingly didn’t come at a social or physical loss, though. She said in the years since her last drink, she’s felt healthier than ever, with better sleep, acute focus at work and deeper intimacy in all her relationships. She even posted on Instagram that her eyes looked bigger.

The author said she felt her high and low emotions to a fuller extent when alcohol didn’t mask them.

“My intense and difficult emotions I’m grateful for,” she said. “It feels like I’m really living.”

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #6050 on: March 27, 2019, 05:59:16 AM »
Sooooo, she stopped being an alcoholic and now, like all "recovering" addicts, wants to browbeat everyone else and humblebrag about how she was able to quit drinking?

Like, plenty of people don't drink to excess love, you're not special.
Spud

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #6051 on: March 27, 2019, 06:11:41 AM »
She even posted on Instagram that her eyes looked bigger.

Sober Curiosity turns you anime? Resetera will love it.

:bowsette :jgames

nudemacusers

« Reply #6052 on: March 27, 2019, 06:14:04 AM »
Unlike gender, sobriety isn’t fluid.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Jenkem

• MARANAX INFIRMUX
« Reply #6053 on: March 27, 2019, 06:20:41 AM »
mr benjipwns

what is the site where you can make a country or whatever? the thing you are referencing when you post about resetera legislation.

thanks,
jenkem

benjipwns

« Reply #6054 on: March 27, 2019, 06:29:22 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #6055 on: March 27, 2019, 06:33:47 AM »
:) hey this phone is pretty cool

>:( YEAH BUT THE CHINESE GOVERNMENT MURDER CANADIAN CITIZENS YOU FUCKING SPY

Also ResetEra : Snowden and Manning are traitors and Russian stooges.

#RESIST(THEFAREASTPERIL)
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #6056 on: March 27, 2019, 06:39:27 AM »
oh god

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2019/3/26/18267092/sober-curious-nonalcoholic-drinks-spirits

Enter Ruby Warrington. The 42-year-old Brooklyn-based British journalist got “sober curious” eight years ago (although she still does occasionally drink) and says she has never felt more in charge of her destiny.

Constant drinks at work and social events caught up with Warrington, who began questioning the command alcohol had over her self-worth, career, and relationships. This is the mindset she refers to as “sober curious,” and it’s the topic of her new book, Sober Curious: The Blissful Sleep, Greater Focus, Limitless Presence, and Deep Connection Awaiting Us All on the Other Side of Alcohol. The book is part guide, part journalism, part memoir, focusing on the big differences that come when we think about how drinking really makes us feel.

Think of sober curiosity as a “wellness” approach to (not) drinking alcohol. The idea isn’t a hard stop to drinking or a 12-step process to sobriety, Warrington said. It’s not a recovery method for alcoholics, either. It’s about recognizing drinking habits and acting on that understanding. Maybe it means cutting out all alcohol, or just not drinking on weekdays. Warrington added that it’s the idea that alcohol determines our fun, intimacy, friendships, and experiences to the point that some Americans have tapped out of the present and aren’t fully living.
But the beauty of sober curiosity, supporters say, is it can be as highbrow or lowbrow as you may want it to be — and as health-oriented. If booze-free happy hours in a Brooklyn coworking space don’t feel like your cup of tea, that doesn’t mean a low-carb bottle of zero-proof beer can’t accompany a football tailgate.

“I find it exciting to be finding about these drinks,” said Jenna Good, 40, who got sober curious after reading Warrington’s book. Warrington captured the exhaustion Good said she carried through the party-filled holiday season until sober January.

Three months later, Good said she’s rediscovering herself and feels “lighter,” more work-focused, and appreciative of small things. “I feel like there’s this person that’s been under the blanket of alcohol for the last 20 or so years,” she said. “Now it’s time to see what I can do and who I can be without hangovers.”
Wellness also isn’t the same as sobriety, which is a real, difficult, lifelong choice that people with addiction make every day. Warrington echoed this sentiment, noting that sober curiosity is not for people with alcoholism, who should seek treatment through therapy and rehabilitation. For frequent drinkers, she added, cutting out alcohol cold turkey can also increase feelings of vulnerability in social situations. Being sober curious isn’t a recovery method, and experts actually discourage people in rehab from drinking nonalcoholic beers.
Sober curiosity may be one of the most accessible paradigms to come from the wellness movement; it’s totally free to go to a bar, restaurant, or party and not drink anything. It’s also cost-effective to make the experience about you, not what other people are doing, Warrington said. The idea is checking in with yourself and finding where the desire to drink is, and then asking where that pressure comes from.

A sober-curious space doesn’t have to mean no one drinks; it just means it’s no one else’s business if you don’t. In this way, conscious gathering could help address issues such as drunk driving or alcohol-related sexual assault, Warrington said. For her, accountability could increase if the power of alcohol were to decrease.

https://twitter.com/acemindbreaker/status/1100516393861242881?

https://twitter.com/acemindbreaker/status/1100518707632189444?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 06:43:54 AM by Propagandhim »

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #6057 on: March 27, 2019, 06:41:10 AM »
Not surprising that the Bire is a hotbed of bigotry. :wag

Stop shaming sober culture and the sober community and its allies. :wag

Go clear your Steam backlog you dumb biiiiiaaaaatttccchhh :bolo
Margs

nudemacusers

« Reply #6058 on: March 27, 2019, 06:44:08 AM »
even if he does have antisocial personality disorder (Sociopath) does not inherently make you bad. woulden't that be ableist?
🤔
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽