Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3751545 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #30420 on: July 14, 2019, 03:19:38 AM »
look, I'm just saying, communication is about the message received, not the message sent
The message received is interpreted in different ways from person to person, from culture to culture, so that doesn't mean much.

But that is beyond the point i was making anyway, since the post i quoted said: 
The name was stupid even if it was not the intention to being racist.
I specifically pointed out how, were it not for the racial imagery associated with it, naming a watermelon skin "watermelon", is not stupid, in fact, it's as straight forward as you can get.

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #30421 on: July 14, 2019, 03:22:48 AM »
We could argue this for 15 pages and you'd still be destroyed heavily. Facts will always beat feelings. And I will never give up on them no matter the odds.
每天生气

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30422 on: July 14, 2019, 03:29:28 AM »
We could argue this for 15 pages and you'd still be destroyed heavily. Facts will always beat feelings. And I will never give up on them no matter the odds.
As long as you have the power of reason and logic is on your side, i am defeated.  :doge

agrajag

« Reply #30423 on: July 14, 2019, 03:40:12 AM »
Spyro was one of Benji's first games? What a n00b.

BisMarckie

« Reply #30424 on: July 14, 2019, 04:05:03 AM »
I will not respect your taste in games if you don’t list at least one overly ambitious Eastern European jankfest.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 08:00:14 AM by BisMarckie »

jorma

« Reply #30425 on: July 14, 2019, 04:18:54 AM »
Exactly, Boredfrom. How is that racist? Also, how is this racist?

(Image removed from quote.)

:confused

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30426 on: July 14, 2019, 04:21:56 AM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1148275320933572610

Thank you video games (Image removed from quote.)
Is it possible to apply some sort of content filter to this guy?

It's not that he's offensive...I just can't help but get embarrassed for him every time he tweets something inane. He's like that kid in school that nobody liked because he was weird and uncomfortable to be around, but no one hated him enough to bully him.
Spud

shosta

« Reply #30427 on: July 14, 2019, 04:26:36 AM »
no one hated him enough to bully him.
maybe that's why he developed an alter to bully himself on The Bire?
每天生气

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30429 on: July 14, 2019, 04:48:23 AM »
A surprising amount of people I've met from OKCupid have been autistic. I just put "I'm neurodivergent" as one of the opening statements in my profile which signals to others that you're not neurotypical.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-online-dating-website-for-autistic-people-thats-free-and-reputable.128891/#post-22732494
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #30431 on: July 14, 2019, 04:55:56 AM »
I will not respect your taste in games if you don’t list at least one overly ambitious Eastern European jankfestß

I’m playing elex right now, eurojank is my jam.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #30432 on: July 14, 2019, 04:59:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-racist-towards-white-people.128929/

Fuck white people  :pacspit

spoiler (click to show/hide)
It’s ok I’m white I’m allowed to say it
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #30434 on: July 14, 2019, 05:18:59 AM »
https://twitter.com/BenjiSales/status/1148275320933572610

Thank you video games (Image removed from quote.)
Is it possible to apply some sort of content filter to this guy?

It's not that he's offensive...I just can't help but get embarrassed for him every time he tweets something inane. He's like that kid in school that nobody liked because he was weird and uncomfortable to be around, but no one hated him enough to bully him.

This is a Bore community, not a Bore Dictatorship.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #30435 on: July 14, 2019, 05:19:08 AM »
My Underground Railroad isn’t going so hot, gotta advertise somehow  :doge

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30436 on: July 14, 2019, 05:30:25 AM »
I'm still hoping Evilore will complete his autobiography this year. Every chapter will end with - Needless to say I had the last laugh

shosta

« Reply #30437 on: July 14, 2019, 05:56:07 AM »
What's the origin of the "I heard you were looking for _. Well, here I am!" GAF meme that the mods here love?
每天生气

Shuri

« Reply #30438 on: July 14, 2019, 06:46:25 AM »
That post reminded me of those collages where people catfished by putting a handsome guy on the picture with a really bad profile.

www.lipstickalley.com
"Attractive" men with Racist, Sexist, Anti-Semitic TINDER PROFILES get a lot of attention.
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. p.s These are not real profiles, please read below. also, answer the poll above. So I went...
www.lipstickalley.com

What the hell? What kind of forum is that? The messages sound kind of incel-y.

From Google:
The Internet's largest African American Forum. News, Sports, Celebrity Gossip, Fashion and Hair Care from an African American perspective.
:sistine

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-guy-experiences-the-toxicity-of-online-dating-through-fake-profiles.128906/

shosta

每天生气

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #30440 on: July 14, 2019, 06:52:44 AM »
I wonder what Scarjo said that got them riled up

https://twitter.com/ETCanada/status/1150142709912559617

LMAO you go gurl  8)
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30441 on: July 14, 2019, 06:57:13 AM »
I'm not big for online dating apologetics but damn that thread is sour and bitter.

I work in the industry. 99% of what you see is fake.

:itagaki

We probably need a better system, honestly. Online dating is ending up less useful than non-dating online communities honestly.

Government mandated pairing system when ?

But then I realized very quickly that her responses were very tepid and boring, her political enthusiasm/activism in her profile wasn’t reflected in conversation.

All my parties are with activists.

- Money/influence
- Good looking/"exotic"

Charming isn't even relevant in online dating. If you don't have these attributes, you're SOL with online dating.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30442 on: July 14, 2019, 07:01:00 AM »
That post reminded me of those collages where people catfished by putting a handsome guy on the picture with a really bad profile.

www.lipstickalley.com
"Attractive" men with Racist, Sexist, Anti-Semitic TINDER PROFILES get a lot of attention.
WARNING: THIS THREAD IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART. p.s These are not real profiles, please read below. also, answer the poll above. So I went...
www.lipstickalley.com

What the hell? What kind of forum is that? The messages sound kind of incel-y.

From Google:
The Internet's largest African American Forum. News, Sports, Celebrity Gossip, Fashion and Hair Care from an African American perspective.
:sistine

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-guy-experiences-the-toxicity-of-online-dating-through-fake-profiles.128906/

Oh ok. Just that he started using the word Chad and those over the top profiles showing how women love bad boys with criminal records/rapists. Cause that's basically incel BS. I'm hoping we're just being trolled. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised there are shitty women out there, but the match numbers are scary.

:neogaf
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30443 on: July 14, 2019, 07:03:49 AM »
Doesn't surprise me one bit to be honest. Even if we are ignoring all the fakes, most people on these Apps follow the same cookie cutter template for their profiles.

What they write is not the description of a person, but the idea of a person if that makes any sense. It's like they can't stomach the thought that their lives (and that of most other people) might be pretty boring and mundane for the most part.

:smug
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30444 on: July 14, 2019, 07:04:18 AM »

LMAO you go gurl  8)

she played the lead in the ghost in the shell hollywood remake.

Which made wokeweebs mad as fuck.

then if you actually watch it, the scene where she meets her obviously full asian mother who do0esn't recognise her daughter because its scarjo actually carries more thematic resonance BUT HEY

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #30445 on: July 14, 2019, 07:15:54 AM »

LMAO you go gurl  8)

she played the lead in the ghost in the shell hollywood remake.

Which made wokeweebs mad as fuck.

then if you actually watch it, the scene where she meets her obviously full asian mother who do0esn't recognise her daughter because its scarjo actually carries more thematic resonance BUT HEY

Cyberpunk 2077: "WHERE'S THE TRANSHUMANISM??"

Ghost in the shell: "TOO MUCH TRANSHUMANISM!!"

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30446 on: July 14, 2019, 07:38:32 AM »
ὕβρις

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #30447 on: July 14, 2019, 07:44:06 AM »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #30448 on: July 14, 2019, 08:03:55 AM »
I noticed that Ree will always defend "handsome" women like Grimes (until she got a boyfriend;) but any woman who is even vaguely attractive, no matter what she does, will eventually be targetted and condemned by one of Ree's hate groups. No wonder fundamentalists are joining in droves.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #30449 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:15 AM »
okay let me be clear about this no matter what the @benjisales alter says, the @benjipwns alter is different

Halo was super late to the game, especially for Single Player FPS by almost a decade, I never played the thing online because why would I play a two year old console port online when Day of Defeat is out, and BF1942 and even Call of Duty and UT... and Halo in any way? Halo?!? What about DOOM?!? OR CHEX QUEST.

Final Fantasy "discovering" RPGs? Okay, like maybe because it's not like 1990 was awash in the things, though it was Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger that forever convinced me the genre wasn't total wank. I admittingly was quite late to PC RPGs, especially the beloved Slavchunk genre.

Mario? Like duh, it's fucking Mario. Donkey Kong lol, I assume that means DKC and even though I beat that shit 100% I'm on Oscar's side (r.i.p. in pieces). Crash? CRASH?!? Come on son.

Spyro was my jam though when it came out, until the third game which was still pretty okay. First 3D platformer than I didn't have issues with.

We should be talking about GUNSTAR HEROES the only game Dave Halverston was ever right about. Or the original Super Mario Kart. Or Link's Awakening. EGA Trek. Civ. CIVVVVVVVVV. Before we ever get to DKC, or CRASH, or Halo, even Spyro in any kind of list of games as a kid.

This is why @benjisales lost three followers.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #30450 on: July 14, 2019, 08:15:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/can-you-be-racist-towards-white-people.128929/

I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to explain WTF institutional racism is.

Do you want the sociological hypothesis, or the dunning-kruger era take?

benjipwns

« Reply #30451 on: July 14, 2019, 08:22:39 AM »
I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to explain WTF institutional racism is.
Exactly what it says on the box.

The racism is embedded in the institutions of a society, the state, the government, corporations, the police, etc. It's not necessarily embedded in the society itself. In other words, a dude you meet on the street may not be racist towards you, and may even be your friend, but when he goes to work the policies and practices of the institution may be racist against you and he follows them there.

ResetERA.com uses it to mean any perceived racism, like they did on NeoGAF.com, because they're stupid. Multiple times I got in arguments on NeoGAF.com (not the current version with JordanN) where people would claim that targeting institutional racism for elimination such as rolling back voting restrictions, property ownership restrictions, clearing out government agencies/police forces of racist practices, etc. was far less important than being able to sue a restaurant for not letting you sit at the counter.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30452 on: July 14, 2019, 08:35:51 AM »
Don't know why you guy are up this Benji guy's ass so much.
Seems just some random due on twitter, lol.

benjipwns

« Reply #30453 on: July 14, 2019, 08:38:31 AM »
1. he stole my username when I tried to get into ResetERA.com and I was upset
2. he left ResetERA.com with a major announcement to launch his sales Twitter/YouTube
3. his analysis is changing the industry as we speak

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #30454 on: July 14, 2019, 08:39:35 AM »
Sorry they used make up not CGI for ghost in a shell

:mindblown

What a revelation.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #30455 on: July 14, 2019, 08:42:38 AM »
1. he stole my username when I tried to get into ResetERA.com and I was upset
2. he left ResetERA.com with a major announcement to launch his sales Twitter/YouTube
3. his analysis is changing the industry as we speak
You're his Tyler Durden.

benjipwns

« Reply #30456 on: July 14, 2019, 08:44:19 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aew-fight-for-the-fallen-ot-a-bash-at-the-beach.128405/post-22738221
User Banned (3 Days): Derogatory Language; Previous Warning for Similar Behavior

They got jipped last All In and now this, I feel sorta bad for em.
:awesome

benjipwns

« Reply #30457 on: July 14, 2019, 08:47:47 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-reitman-posts-first-look-at-ghostbusters-2020-cast.128778/post-22713979
User banned (duration pending): Dismissive posting regarding representation concerns, inflammatory comparisons.

Yeah but if you thought that shitty reboot was shitty then you’re an alt-right misogynist I guess?

Hey folks some people don’t care about the political bullshit hijacking of movies lately and judge them for what they are and that Ghostbusters reboot fucking suuuuucked. And I like all the women who were playing the characters. They’re all great and funny. And they were in a shitty movie.
:lol

benjipwns

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30459 on: July 14, 2019, 08:51:04 AM »
Reeee too often confuses institutional racism for normal everyday problems faced by poor people.

It just so happens that in places like the US and the UK and Australia, you know, rich, white majority countries with high levels of immigration, that there are certain institutional practices that exclude minorities because of their general lower levels of education (NOT IQ JordanN you racist cunt). For example, access to white collar employment.

Class is far more of a factor in the inequality than race. But, because the "leftists" of REEE have completely lost sight of the whole struggle of the working classes thing, they must forcefeed their identity politics onto absolutely everything, making this age-old issue into an issue of race.
Spud

paprikastaude

« Reply #30460 on: July 14, 2019, 08:52:55 AM »
There's no class issue when you make capitalist conglomerates like Disney the "progressive" heroes you bend over for.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #30461 on: July 14, 2019, 08:54:24 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/discussing-ethnically-accurate-voice-casting-for-people-of-color-in-gaming.128899/page-2#post-22733965

This thread hasn't generated good discussion.
Feel free to make a new thread with better framing in the OP.

uh......

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30462 on: July 14, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/aew-fight-for-the-fallen-ot-a-bash-at-the-beach.128405/post-22738221
User Banned (3 Days): Derogatory Language; Previous Warning for Similar Behavior

They got jipped last All In and now this, I feel sorta bad for em.
:awesome

Should have gone with, "they got jewed". Would have been celebrated by the mods rather than banned.
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30463 on: July 14, 2019, 08:59:15 AM »
There's no class issue when you make capitalist conglomerates like Disney the "progressive" heroes you bend over for.
Exactly

When you've made everything about race and identity, you can announce to the world you are a communist and at the same time feel no shame in slavishly worshipping the biggest corporate overlords based on some gender/race bent remakes of some old movies.
Spud

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30464 on: July 14, 2019, 09:02:15 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-reitman-posts-first-look-at-ghostbusters-2020-cast.128778/post-22713979
User banned (duration pending): Dismissive posting regarding representation concerns, inflammatory comparisons.

Yeah but if you thought that shitty reboot was shitty then you’re an alt-right misogynist I guess?

Hey folks some people don’t care about the political bullshit hijacking of movies lately and judge them for what they are and that Ghostbusters reboot fucking suuuuucked. And I like all the women who were playing the characters. They’re all great and funny. And they were in a shitty movie.
His final post:
I am curious. What “political bullshit” is hijacking movies lately?

As you almost exclusively only hear people make that claim when talking about “forced diversity” or outward feminism/“social justice” in blockbusters.
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. People bitching about “forced diversity” in shit and then turning the conversation about the quality of a film into some fight between the “alt-right” and “SJWs.” I don’t give a fuck about this feud. I think more representation is a good thing, also it doesn’t in and of itself make a film good. But if you point out that you like one of these “controversial” films you get called a giant dad, or conversely if you say you don’t like something like the Ghostbusters remake you see indignant responses like some in this thread.

I really don’t care about all that. The ghostbusters reboot sucked. The Last Jedi had a dumb plot and that stupid marvel humor I hate, and the only redeeming quality *was* its characters! I liked purple hair lady. So I’m glad there’s more representation, and it’s a shame film quality hasn’t kept up IMO. But if you dare say something bad about these films lately it’s like oh so you’re a bigot? No man it’s just not a good movie.

Banning this guy proved his point so fucking hard

benjipwns

« Reply #30465 on: July 14, 2019, 09:04:30 AM »
um how could you have missed Disney's Marvel's Black Panther and Disney's Marvel's Captain Marvel? also the fact that Elsa of Disney's Frozen is an lesbian polyamorous relationship with her sister?

benjipwns

« Reply #30466 on: July 14, 2019, 09:06:11 AM »
His final post:
I think more representation is a good thing, also it doesn’t in and of itself make a film good.
typical Boogie centrism

paprikastaude

« Reply #30467 on: July 14, 2019, 09:08:40 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-anyone-else-very-disappointed-with-how-bad-female-armor-looks-in-monster-hunter.128752/
Quote from: DaciaJC, post: 22709811, member: 25063
I haven't played MH, ...

Quote from: sweetmini, post: 22710019, member: 57800
I don't play monster hunter, ...

Quote from: Hella, post: 22710023, member: 17235
I haven't played Monster Hunter, ...

but here to screech anyway. :salute

Quote from: MatrixMan.exe, post: 22710955, member: 5965
Even with that example i feel like MH handles the armor better than most other games.
It does.

Actually this thread has already annoyed me. Why? Because the majority of the Monster Hunter World female armor sets show next to zero skin. Outside of the Nergigante and Anjanath, all female sets that show skin in any meaningful way are the same for men. See the Dober/Bone sets to see what I mean.

It's definitely a thing throughout the series, but not as common as OP and some of the responses in here suggest.
User banned (3 days): Dismissing concerns of sexism

:whatsthedeal

paprikastaude

« Reply #30468 on: July 14, 2019, 09:12:29 AM »
I love how that matrixman guy still has a chill conversation with some mod before getting banned by another one over his post shortly before that :lol
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-anyone-else-very-disappointed-with-how-bad-female-armor-looks-in-monster-hunter.128752/page-2

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #30469 on: July 14, 2019, 09:15:40 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-reitman-posts-first-look-at-ghostbusters-2020-cast.128778/post-22713741
Quote from: Subconian Dreamer
Quote from: The Kree
What the fuck do you see in this picture to justify this statement?
Fewer women
Subconian Dreamer is an "angry lesbian™" and one of the most annoying people to interact with on that board. Pulls the homophobic card out in every disagreement and smashes the report button at the drop of a hat.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30471 on: July 14, 2019, 09:35:34 AM »
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #30473 on: July 14, 2019, 09:47:43 AM »
Yeah, it's always been disappointing. Mainly because there are actually good looking female armors in there too. Like, they're aware how armors are supposed to work by designing both male and female armors similarly in a lot of designs, but at the same time they just can't resist to throw some fan service armors too in some other designs. It's inconsistent.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-anyone-else-very-disappointed-with-how-bad-female-armor-looks-in-monster-hunter.128752/post-22745055

Oh no!!! Options!! And at the same time these fuckers pretend that they don't want to prohibit every female character from showing skin in videogames

paprikastaude

« Reply #30474 on: July 14, 2019, 09:49:53 AM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jason-reitman-posts-first-look-at-ghostbusters-2020-cast.128778/post-22713741
Quote from: Subconian Dreamer
Quote from: The Kree
What the fuck do you see in this picture to justify this statement?
Fewer women
Subconian Dreamer is an "angry lesbian™" and one of the most annoying people to interact with on that board. Pulls the homophobic card out in every disagreement and smashes the report button at the drop of a hat.

tbf the og post is baffling at best. Nothing about that pic suggests Ghostbusters.

Yeah, it's always been disappointing. Mainly because there are actually good looking female armors in there too. Like, they're aware how armors are supposed to work by designing both male and female armors similarly in a lot of designs, but at the same time they just can't resist to throw some fan service armors too in some other designs. It's inconsistent.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-anyone-else-very-disappointed-with-how-bad-female-armor-looks-in-monster-hunter.128752/post-22745055

Oh no!!! Options!! And at the same time these fuckers pretend that they don't want to prohibit every female character from showing skin in videogames

There's no visual options in MH, except a few event cover-ups in World. You take what you get for your desired stats, but that also goes for more than enough dumb looking male armor.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30475 on: July 14, 2019, 10:22:08 AM »
So when are western counties going to start returning artifacts they stole back to their origins?

SHould this happen

SO is every going to happen? I was watch the black panther the other day and the scene when killmonger is at that museum made me start thinking. Like it time we start returning that shit from were it came from or at least try. Like could you imagine someone going and stealing the mona lisa and putting it in a museum north dakota . THe vast stealing of artifacts is one of the great forgotten things about colonialism . Crazy how shit was sloten.

OK, but only if OP submits a written plea to the embassy of California.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-when-are-western-counties-going-to-start-returning-artifacts-they-stole-back-to-their-origins.128959/#post-22745753
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 11:38:57 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #30476 on: July 14, 2019, 10:28:35 AM »
lots of people making excuses for the Mona Lisa being held by the French in that thread :hitler

it's just a copy
the original is in Vandal Savage's den
[close]
[close]

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30477 on: July 14, 2019, 10:29:53 AM »
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #30478 on: July 14, 2019, 10:32:14 AM »
giving countries back their artifacts is dumb anyway, the best thing to do is organize artifacts within your various displays to create theme bonuses that double or triple the output of the building producing culture

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #30479 on: July 14, 2019, 10:33:33 AM »
This thread has been a real eye opener with some pretty disgusting comments.

:confused :lol
ὕβρις