Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3752806 times)

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #40320 on: August 24, 2019, 09:07:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-a-plan-b-incase-trump-does-get-reelected.137012/

Are there any comets scheduled to pass by earth in the next 4 years? The death cult needs an exit strategy.

His Plan B to avoid Trump is to learn Hebrew and move to Israel? :mike

Yeah what the fuck

Does he really think US minorities have it that much worse than Palestinians?  ???

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race

Crumb

• *cough*
« Reply #40322 on: August 24, 2019, 10:51:19 PM »
Would be funny if 84chan somehow rigged the polls for THQ to win.

PogiJones

« Reply #40323 on: August 24, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

nudemacusers

« Reply #40325 on: August 24, 2019, 11:09:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reddit-user-sneaky_pebbles-has-scrutinized-pokemon-sword-shield-controversies-with-evidence-and-proof.137023/

Obsessive write up about game in dedicated forum?
 :nope

20 page marketing push gaming official topic full of pointless images, media, and links to shit for purchase?
:ohyeah
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Rahxephon91

« Reply #40326 on: August 24, 2019, 11:11:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sos-i-just-spilled-beer-on-my-nintendo-switch.137037/

Learn from him guys. Learn to not be a fucking dweeb and bring a gaming system to a bar.

nudemacusers

« Reply #40327 on: August 24, 2019, 11:14:47 PM »
What better way to kino on some hb10s than to show them how far portable gaming systems have come. :success
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #40328 on: August 24, 2019, 11:16:16 PM »
I dunno, Sonic Mania on the go  :noah

nudemacusers

« Reply #40329 on: August 24, 2019, 11:17:34 PM »
Playing a sonic game in public  :girlaff
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #40330 on: August 24, 2019, 11:26:02 PM »
Playing a sonic game in public  :girlaff
If you can pull it off :dice

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:expert
[close]

« Reply #40331 on: August 24, 2019, 11:35:00 PM »
Wow some people actually bought GTA5 and only were able to play it via the nvidia shield / pc streaming on GeForce Now, and now its gone unless they put together a pc rig that can play it, that really sucks for them.

This future is gonna be ridiculous. I bet each major publisher will eventually have their own streaming platform / ecosystem. People thinking that oh its gonna be a couple with a buncha 3rd parties on board? Yeah until those third parties have their own servers, then it'll literally be everyone for themself. You're gonna have logins and friends lists and bullshit for each one of them.

Wanna play Fallout / Elder Scrolls create a Bethesda Streaming Acount Today!
Wanna play WarCraft, Diablo, or Call of Duty 832 create a Battle.net Stream account today!
Wanna play Mario, Zelda, Or the squid game create a Nintendo Streaming account today!
Wanna play Halo 8: Did we get it right yet? Create an xCloud account today!

This coupled with streaming music and movies, ugh, people are gonna have at least 20 accounts for all these fucking things. And all of them data mining the fuck out of us...

Were gonna look back at the days of bitching about having a Steam/EGS/GoG/Origin account as the good ol days.

Clockwork5

« Reply #40332 on: August 24, 2019, 11:38:10 PM »
Wow some people actually bought GTA5 and only were able to play it via the nvidia shield / pc streaming on GeForce Now, and now its gone unless they put together a pc rig that can play it, that really sucks for them.

This future is gonna be ridiculous. I bet each major publisher will eventually have their own streaming platform / ecosystem. People thinking that oh its gonna be a couple with a buncha 3rd parties on board? Yeah until those third parties have their own servers, then it'll literally be everyone for themself. You're gonna have logins and friends lists and bullshit for each one of them.

Wanna play WarCraft, Diablo, or Call of Duty 832 create a Battle.net Stream account today!
Wanna play Mario, Zelda, Or the squid game create a Nintendo Streaming account today!

This coupled with streaming music and movies, ugh, people are gonna have at least 20 accounts for all these fucking things. And all of them data mining the fuck out of us...

Were gonna look back at the days of bitching about having a Steam/EGS/GoG/Origin account as the good ol days.

That’s what thepiratebay.org is for. Only piracy will save us from this dystopian future, I’m serious.

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #40333 on: August 24, 2019, 11:40:51 PM »

same with TV
gonna be some winners and some serious losers

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40334 on: August 24, 2019, 11:47:46 PM »
To be fair, there are Barcades, so... And honestly, still nothing wrong with that even if it wasn't.

Sad that his father brings him to a tavern on custody nights.  Edit: Where he has to play his Wii or whatever while dad hits on the ladies.  I should have workshopped that a little more.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:58:13 PM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

thetylerrob

« Reply #40336 on: August 25, 2019, 12:58:47 AM »
GB has been shit for years breh; they're right about this one.

zepblackstar

« Reply #40337 on: August 25, 2019, 01:06:33 AM »
GiantBomb is like Fark.

It's there, it has an audience but it makes zero impact. No one is going to change their ways and the "younger" people like Abby is just an absolute disgrace. She refuses to think outside of her limited thinking, refuses to admit she is wrong, hates games that don't appeal to her "woke" thinking.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #40338 on: August 25, 2019, 01:34:06 AM »
there's still no recorded ban message for subpar spatula

benjipwns

« Reply #40339 on: August 25, 2019, 01:38:55 AM »
even though it may have been an error to give them all in the first place, shosta has revoked all the likes from the "like spasm" which is a violation of the truce agreements

i call on the bire united nations to form a commission to mediate or the conflict will resume in 72 hours

benjipwns

« Reply #40340 on: August 25, 2019, 01:43:30 AM »
wtf i love sony again

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #40341 on: August 25, 2019, 01:58:15 AM »
Revoking a like makes you worse than Hitler tbh  ::)
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #40342 on: August 25, 2019, 02:02:21 AM »
there's still no recorded ban message for subpar spatula

It could be on a pm

Klelk

« Reply #40343 on: August 25, 2019, 02:12:17 AM »
From the GB community thread:
The second I am sober, I am entering that topic and fucking people up.

the giantbomb thread is pure fucking trash

it pissing me off so much, why its not locket yet is beyond me
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:48:19 AM by Klelk »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #40344 on: August 25, 2019, 02:18:10 AM »
From the GB community thread:
The second I am sober, I am entering that topic and fucking people up.

LOL, totes how a drunk person talks. "The second I wake up tomorrow and think it over I am totally gonna tell my boss off."
sigh

BIONIC

« Reply #40345 on: August 25, 2019, 02:30:27 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/page-10#post-23906726

Quote from: Seafoam Gaming, post: 23906726, member: 30644
Personally I still find it fucking stupid that they did the AMA at all and want nothing to do with their games because of it, at least not until they do something like 3D Realms and stand up and donate to anti-abuse/anti-hate causes and whatnot to atone for what they did. But the thing that makes even me realize that unfortunately people won't take this seriously outside of here is just some stuff I saw from the aftermath and onwards.

When it originally happened, a lot of my friends didn't even know it was a bad thing  as they never heard of the website before. To them it was like "4Chan but edgy" so the creepier and vile implications weren't as obvious and thus they didn't take it seriously. Some of my friends outright called me paranoid because I pointed out how pretty freaking terrible THQ posting on that site was and it wasn't like they went on a much less offensive site like iFunny for meme purposes and called it a day. I think if it happened a few months later when more people  learned about the awfulness of the site from other events, they would have as mad as I was since of the awareness and how the site's now shut down because of just how terrible it is.

It doesn't help that this site's reputation made some people in a discord I was in not even believe the AMA even happened as they didn't want to believe anyone who used this site, so they just thought it was overly exaggerated. Of course when news sites reported on it later a few of them did go "oh shit this is really bad", but when the half-hearted apology came out a while later almost all of them, friends and non-friends basically were like "OK they owned up, that's your first strike so I'm cool with it"

And that's the thing. To others the AMA was a first strike. Not another event in a long list of bad events and there wasn't any inside report that exposed any more bad info about the company or why they did it to begin with, (which I was hoping someone would talk to the press about so we know why the fuck they'd think nobody would be mad at them for it, but I guess they keep stuff tight lipped there unfortunately.)  nor something that has been followed up on with something else that was equally terrible.

Thus since they've done absolutely everything they could to never mention or do anything close to that again, those people just forgot/dismissed it as no big deal. The fact that this website's the only major place I know of that speaks up about it still (Alongside some good people like Irman and Frank Cifaldi on twitter) is another sign of that, and honestly that's pretty sad as an abuse victim myself to see that incident acted like no big deal or like another meme. (Nothing that happened to me went online thank god, but I really feel pain thinking of anyone who did have that happen and had that shit end up on the vile site, which is why a post someone made a while ago in the first thread really resonated with me)

In fact, let's go back to the meme bit. You wanna know how many people on my feed were meming up the "Shoutouts to Mark" bit? More than I anticipated, and they pretty much used that as a reason to not take the situation seriously or think it was a big deal because "lol funny oopsie". Pretty darn annoying and I still see some people on Twitter use the AMA as a meme to this day. Along with that are the usual detractors who don't take stuff on this site seriously at all and have thus made  things here a meme, such as literally everything ban-worthy that people posted on the first two pages of this very thread and the copypasta that has been in every thread related to THQ so far. (which even I find annoying, not gonna lie) Again, pretty sad and I think that along with the lack of any new updates as to why/how this happened is what led this to being buried. You bet that if a major news site broke the story about the behind the scenes of this AMA or something along those lines the general public would take this more seriously as it's no joke.

In the end though, THQN isn't some game developer who we can easily avoid or a small scale publisher, they're one of the biggest game companies in all of europe. They're also a huge publisher which means the awful people who did the AMA aren't the ones developing the games they actually release. Heck, if what Irman mentioned when this first came out is true, said developers were equally as pissed that their publisher did something so stupid, so it's not like every single employee at the company or their dev partners are in agreement with the policies of that website. It's just when THQ is as big as they are, you can't really split and do your own thing in protest... Which really sucks.

Black Forest Games made my favorite indie games of the mid 2010s with Giana Sisters and now that they're bought by THQ, it'll be a lot more sucky to try and support them, since I'm flipping a two-sided coin with half of each side corrupted, meaning that even if I buy whatever they cook up next I'll support the same publisher who thought an AMA was a good idea. Heck, as people in this thread have pointed out, they do have legitimately good quality games coming out in the next year, from developers with no involvement with this actual shitshow. ...But since their publisher is so bad, I can't really feel safe supporting them unless they're serious about not doing that again. Of course it would be easy if they'd just respond to people like Irman who've asked them dozens of times why they did that, but since they're continuing to ignore any press who ask questions on that I don't think the tone will change anytime soon. And thus, the public won't really be bothered either. Not because they agree with the website THQ had the AMA on (god no, at least most sane people), but because they either aren't aware of it or think that they've brushed it aside and have changed their ways.

TLDR: Unless a partner exposes the whole behind the scenes or unless they do something like this again, the general consumer base will assume that all's well and it was an honest mistake, even though it was clearly not. That's pretty much my final take on this and while I'll be avoiding games from them for the near future, (as much as I looked forward to Biomutant before this went down) I'm still not going to think every single dev they acquired are doing work for the devil or agree with the awful policies of that site, as I'm pretty positive nobody behind Darksiders and Spongebob think that AMA was the best thing in history. In fact, they probably were just as mad if not moreso than we are. I'll just hope that they actually crack down and take action instead of hoping for it to blow over, but I'm also not going to get angry at Best Buy for stocking their newest game.

:whatisthis
Margs

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #40346 on: August 25, 2019, 02:37:08 AM »

benjipwns

« Reply #40347 on: August 25, 2019, 02:39:38 AM »
Quote from: Seafoam Gaming, post: 23906726, member: 30644
it wasn't like they went on a much less offensive site like iFunny
FACT CHECK:
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/08/21/us/ifunny-website-threat-explainer/index.html
Two young men arrested this month for threatening mass shootings posted those threats to a website known more for its memes than its menaces: iFunny.

Created in 2011, iFunny describes itself as a "community for meme lovers and viral memes around the Internet." And indeed, the iFunny homepage is full of your standard internet schlock, including screenshots of tweets or tumblr posts, GIFs of "The Office," trending TikToks and Area 51 jokes.

Yet on August 7, the FBI arrested an 18-year-old Ohio man who allegedly threatened to shoot federal law enforcement officers in a post on iFunny. And this past Friday, federal agents arrested a 19-year-old Chicago man for threatening to kill people at a women's reproductive health clinic in a post on iFunny.

In the past year, the online message boards Gab and 8chan, both rife with racist or anti-Semitic messages, have faced scrutiny for their roles as homes to extremists who carried out mass shootings in Pittsburgh, California, New Zealand and El Paso.

iFunny has had its own issues with extremists and white supremacy, and as BuzzFeed News documented last week, the site was full of footage from and praise for the Christchurch mosque attacks in March.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40348 on: August 25, 2019, 02:59:11 AM »
Clicks on thread

Sees it’s aimed at preschoolers on Disney Junior

Leaves thread

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40349 on: August 25, 2019, 03:05:09 AM »
lol, I seriously doubt anyone will actually leave their friends and loved ones.

I don't have any besides those in my head / I banished them from my woke realm.
:rollsafe

:fbm

I don't have the means for a plan B either :fbm
[close]
[close]

https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-a-plan-b-incase-trump-does-get-reelected.137012/post-23899226
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40350 on: August 25, 2019, 03:06:44 AM »
If I can get out of the country I will. I doubt I'll have the money, though. Depending on how bad it gets, I'd probably seriously consider killing myself, but I'd hate to let that orange fuck win.

::)

Alcohol poisoning. I want out if that happens.

Quote from: Blade of the immortal
Suicide

:kobeyuck

Lmao they racist everywhere. Not a lotta places to go to escape that. Even Africa had Apartheid. Where ima go

:morans

Engage in a shit load of civil disobedience. Im in DC so its guarenteed there will be demonstrations.

...why not now though ? :confused

If you are white and American you have no reason to be worried, in fact I encourage you to stay there and don't go to any countries.

:social2

Quote from: FreezePeach
Plans are meaningless if he gets elected again. Imagine those bad dystopian movies you used to enjoy and hope only your kids get to live that and not you as well.

:bolo

Quote from: OniLinkPlus
One of my friends has access to a boat, we're planning to flee by sea. We'll figure out it. No I'm kidding we'll probably starve at sea. Better than being shipped to a concentration camp.

Said friend also has access to a ranch down in Cali, might go there and set up a refuge for friends who are at-risk.

:foodcourt

Just get up and walk away? That's some white privilege shit lol
Not really. Unless you wanna make the argument for me that asians = white.

You don't want to launch ERA on that tangent  :anhuld
Also I get the whole "you're pretty fortunate if you can plan on migrating like that" but it's been turned into a stock, caricatural response on ERA. Surely current events and history show plenty of poor people migrate and they in fact probably are a majority. It's rife with risk, uncertainties and hardships but it does exist. Not passing sweeping judgement on this (especially since it's still very much an hypothetical) would probably help discussion but it's ERA so you know.

Oh god that would be the end for all of humanity if that happened lol

lol
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 03:37:33 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40351 on: August 25, 2019, 03:13:11 AM »
Current Alexa ranks for Resetera:
# 4,327 global
# 2,298 USA

Alexa ranks for 8chan listed on Wikipedia:
# 3,832 global (June 2019)
# 1,208 USA (March 2019)

8chan's more mainstream than Resetera, especially in America.

Actually this is pretty fucking hilarious

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40352 on: August 25, 2019, 03:55:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ew-kevin-feige-and-tom-holland-talk-spider-man.136992/post-23907847

Is this actually Jacob Batalon's account?
WTF? This can't be legit right?
Dude seems toxic as hell...

:noooo
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #40353 on: August 25, 2019, 04:44:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/page-10#post-23909287

Quote from: Sumio Mondo, post: 23909287, member: 4099
In a way, there's something ironic about a nazi supporting company winning an award in Germany.

:brain
Margs

Rahxephon91

« Reply #40354 on: August 25, 2019, 04:51:59 AM »
The sad part about a lot of those bans in that thread are that they are simply jokes about the forum community. "Drive by" posts? I guess, but just simple jokes. Resetera really is a shitty forum that dosen't allow any levity. Fourms were supposed to be fun places to shoot the shit. Not whatever the fuck resetera is. I hope it dies as soon as possible.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40355 on: August 25, 2019, 05:16:31 AM »
Oh Jeez. A Giant Flanders has gone on a finger waving and dadsplaining spree

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/page-11#post-23909749 

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40356 on: August 25, 2019, 05:26:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/post-23909953

Imagine if Disney had one of its largest shareholders and chief executives be known as one of Trump largest donor and trusted shadow advisor to the point that the VA higher-ups are pressured in having to take suggestions from this businessman with no political office or accountability to citizens... Not to mention alleged with some evidence of having held back diversity in Marvel movies.

Surely you wouldn't see carbon copy arguments of what you can read in THQN thread from those Gamers.

Don't boycott Marvel Comics. It's not going to affect this fucker one bit. He'll be fine. It will make artists' and writers' lives hell.

#TEAMOFFTOPIC

You know Disney would have cleaned house top to bottom because for them it's all about making the best Spider-Man movies.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40357 on: August 25, 2019, 05:35:31 AM »
Foreign policy scholars ERA 101 : Not yet coping that for better or worse China will boss around more and more corporations and most countries at their leisure. Resort to name calling and framing it as a childlike temper tantrum instead of of a web of complex, competing claims of international importance.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/samsung-accused-of-hurting-the-national-feelings-of-chinese-citizens-for-labeling-hong-kong-and-taiwan-as-countries.134811/

Including OP lecturing some dude on how sovereignty, sovereignty claims and international relations are solely a matter of military power before getting sniped by someone of Taiwanese descent.
:delicious
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:00:18 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #40358 on: August 25, 2019, 05:35:46 AM »
I would hazard a guess that not a single REEEE member has been negatively affected directly by Trump being President. Indirect, sure, the whole world has been affected with this trade war and bullshit, but not a single thing he has done has changed the safety of REEE members to the point where they would legitimately need to consider fleeing the country. They are no more in danger than they were under Obama or they would have been under Hilary.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40359 on: August 25, 2019, 05:41:53 AM »
I would hazard a guess that not a single REEEE member has been negatively affected directly by Trump being President. Indirect, sure, the whole world has been affected with this trade war and bullshit, but not a single thing he has done has changed the safety of REEE members to the point where they would legitimately need to consider fleeing the country. They are no more in danger than they were under Obama or they would have been under Hilary.
Under Hillary they would be more in danger of being raped by Epstein  8)

China needs to fuck off already.
Yes, all those millions of people should just fuck off.

That's certainly going to work, why didn't Steve Bannon think of that  :thinking

Anyhow why is Disney announcing a mountain of shit from next month up until 2022. Nothing gets any airtime if you announce The Mandalorian, She-Hulk, Black Panther 2 and Spider-Man for pre-schoolers in the span of 5 minutes.
It's like they watched that RLM nerd crew podcast and figured it was actually a good idea.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:48:30 AM by Nintex »
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40360 on: August 25, 2019, 05:48:13 AM »
Numerically no, but you can be a minority even if you're the majority of the population if there is a big power imbalance (apartheid South Africa for example). I would still argue that women are a minority in that sense because they are not very well represented politically.

:brain
When you invested so much into making a word a magical arbiter and label that you can't even process anymore its literal meaning and that it's not an automatic synonym for "disinfranchised", "underrepresented", "oppressed" or "discriminated".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/minorities-have-you-ever-been-treated-better-in-another-country-than-your-own.137053/post-23908448
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:52:39 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

BIONIC

« Reply #40361 on: August 25, 2019, 06:30:46 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-a-plan-b-incase-trump-does-get-reelected.137012/page-5#post-23910217

Quote from: Just_a_Mouse, post: 23910217, member: 19077
I fled in 2016 because I feared for my life, if Trump gets reelected then there will truly be nothing left to return to. The fact that we are even discussing the reelection of a fascist white supremacist that has brought pain to millions and constructed concentration camps across the country depresses me beyond belief, and makes me wish I could close my eyes and never wake up.

The original  :reeeee
Margs

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #40362 on: August 25, 2019, 06:38:04 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-a-plan-b-incase-trump-does-get-reelected.137012/

I'm in no position to do so. Just have to hope I keep getting my disability checks.
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40363 on: August 25, 2019, 06:38:43 AM »
#TEAMOFFTOPIC

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 06:42:45 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40364 on: August 25, 2019, 06:42:10 AM »
The question should be if they have a plan B in case Trump doesn't get re-elected and Sleepy Joe pushes the US into another depression.
🤴

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #40365 on: August 25, 2019, 07:39:18 AM »
The sad part about a lot of those bans in that thread are that they are simply jokes about the forum community. "Drive by" posts? I guess, but just simple jokes. Resetera really is a shitty forum that dosen't allow any levity. Fourms were supposed to be fun places to shoot the shit. Not whatever the fuck resetera is. I hope it dies as soon as possible.

Fun? Shooting the shit?! What??!?!?

What are you, a nazi?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40366 on: August 25, 2019, 07:41:01 AM »
Shooting the shit ?
As a Piece of Shit myself I'm appalled. #SLM
ὕβρις

Propagandhim

« Reply #40367 on: August 25, 2019, 07:53:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/do-you-have-a-plan-b-incase-trump-does-get-reelected.137012/page-5#post-23910217

Quote from: Just_a_Mouse, post: 23910217, member: 19077
I fled in 2016 because I feared for my life, if Trump gets reelected then there will truly be nothing left to return to. The fact that we are even discussing the reelection of a fascist white supremacist that has brought pain to millions and constructed concentration camps across the country depresses me beyond belief, and makes me wish I could close my eyes and never wake up.

The original  :reeeee

I fled America because I feared for my life. 

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40368 on: August 25, 2019, 08:20:42 AM »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40369 on: August 25, 2019, 08:29:38 AM »
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #40370 on: August 25, 2019, 08:32:32 AM »
tbh I'm surprised the G7 is not handling the biggest crises right now.
Sony gets away with murdering Spider-Man and the trans and minority genocide both online and IRL continues.

I'm so tired of this
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40371 on: August 25, 2019, 08:36:11 AM »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40372 on: August 25, 2019, 08:37:17 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/page-13#post-23911943

(or at least not participate as freely & openly as they'd like)

"Gamers are trash" isn't some harmful generalization

e:
wow, the tail end of this thread is unbelievably shitty.

Its no name (unprotected) posters saying "jesus guys, there's no need to act all shitty to people that disagree with you on the specifics but agree in principle" and fammassu, budi, sloth guevara and astro just going "fuck off somewhere else then" repeatedly

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40373 on: August 25, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
Ok, returning to my initial question, just how much more detailed is Thanos in Endgame compared to, say, Kratos in the new God of War? Gimme numbers on those polycounts and material resolutions.
Kratos in the new God Of War actually looks better than Endgame's Thanos and this is more to do with art styles than horsepower and the fact that SSM are crazily talented bunch; just a notch below Naughty Dog when it comes to technical efficiency though.

:expert

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #40374 on: August 25, 2019, 09:12:36 AM »
I mean, it isn't good either. "SJW' has been used as a pejorative term for what feels like years now. And for some good reason. It really feels like a pretty sizeable group here are only doing it for personal validation rather than "the greater good", given how absurd some takes are.
So it isn't good to be inclusive, is that what I should take from your comment? Since SJW "tag" stems from just being inclusive and calling out misstreatments towards minority groups and other groups keen to discrimination.
No. check Wikipedia's SJW definition for a longer explanation of what I mean, don't just twist my words.

:wag

https://en.everybodywiki.com/ResetEra#Wikipedia_Bias

Snoopycat_

« Reply #40375 on: August 25, 2019, 09:14:13 AM »

wow, the tail end of this thread is unbelievably shitty.

Resetera summed up

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40376 on: August 25, 2019, 09:17:30 AM »
there is a mod post they usually put in thqn threads that say you are not supposed to shame people for wanting to play the games they publish, I think. Or a am I thinking of something else?

The moderation team cannot at this time confirm or deny. Please contact a Mod Captain in the future for this sort of questions.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/thq-nordic-voted-best-games-company-of-gamescom-2019.136970/post-23912370
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40377 on: August 25, 2019, 09:19:15 AM »
Quote from: astro
You just described the internet, and Era is far, far better for general chat and moderation of rude behaviour than any other forum of its type.

:popular
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #40378 on: August 25, 2019, 09:22:47 AM »
Fuck THQN, fuck their non-apology, and fuck anyone making a grandstanding production out of how little they personally care.

Proper non intrusive non metacommentary discourse.
ὕβρις