Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3879286 times)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #47640 on: October 02, 2019, 08:17:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/heartbeat-devs-double-down-on-transphobia-by-mocking-trans-suicides-with-a-41-off-sale.144341/post-25064825
It was worth a shot, but no, I didn't get a refund. Oh well...

So I gave The Trevor Project quadruple the amount what I spent on a shitty RPG-maker game made by shittier people.
donating is a fantastic idea and you've inspired me to do the same

fuck these stupid ass devs forever
that'll show these lesbians!

Incels/gamergators/kappa folks/you name it- they're willing to do just that. These folks will probably be able to survive as a shovelware dev due to this.

Also, a lot of people just don't care, though those folks tend to avoid the indie market, you have to be Stardock-sized or bigger for that not to apply.

And of course Valve put the off-topic review thing in to make sure the complaints get censored. It's stuff like that which makes me want to reconsider my stance on boycotting EGS.
Shit like this is why I don’t like giving Valve money anymore. They have the cash flow necessary to kick people off for being shitheads, but they don’t.

Instead they let awful shit go for money and let utter shitheads run rampant on their forums.

Can you imagine a world where Valve had a moral backbone of any sort and maybe refused to do things like making a Communist Party approved client for China.
So can valve just ban this game since its clearly a platform for hate speech?
Valve won't do shit.
They should be called out for it till they do then.
People won't ever criticize valve, they're too busy being mad at anything that isn't Steam. Valve is a gross company.
We'll be lucky if any outlets comment on the dev at all, let alone Steam.

Shit even if they did something, Gabe himself would restore the game to the storefront and issue a personal apology to the transphobic PoS.
Not that it matters that much, but as far as my understanding goes their actions violated paragraph 266b of danish law.
So I reported the game to steam for that violation.
So maybe it'll at least be taken down in Denmark.

if they had an ounce of self reflection they would realize they just exercised mind control over the alt right

they got a bunch of goober g8ers to buy a lesbian-friendly mostly-progressive shitty little video game to own the libs

if they happen to play it, they might get subtly influenced by its vibe and ideals

can you imagine if they harnessed this power?

ERA thread: The dev behind Super Lesbian Animal RPG once tweeted that fat people need to put down the fork, literally shaking rn

Manchildren: *heavy breathing* the absolute madmen, they're not apologizing and even doubling down! *rushes to buy it while sweating profusely*
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #47641 on: October 02, 2019, 08:40:16 AM »
trans activist: trans rights are human rights.

me: human rights!

trans activist: you fucking bigot.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47642 on: October 02, 2019, 08:52:33 AM »
what the fuck are trans rights that sets them apart from other rights
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #47643 on: October 02, 2019, 08:53:13 AM »
Racism is a learned behavior, and when a 5-y/o starts says they don’t like black people, I think we all know where they learned it from

Racist teachers and Donald Trump, that’s where. :ufup
©@©™

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47644 on: October 02, 2019, 08:54:49 AM »
maybe if he spent less time shilling bioware garbage on the internet and more time voting and raising a child he wouldn't be in this predicament :hmph

BisMarckie

« Reply #47645 on: October 02, 2019, 08:57:40 AM »
Racism is a learned behavior, and when a 5-y/o starts says they don’t like black people, I think we all know where they learned it from

Racist teachers and Donald Trump, that’s where. :ufup

was it the same five year old who pushed that one dude in a gas station during a fit of homophobia? that would explain everything.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47646 on: October 02, 2019, 09:07:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/heartbeat-devs-double-down-on-transphobia-by-mocking-trans-suicides-with-a-41-off-sale.144341/page-10#post-25068766

Quote from: Clipsey, post: 25068766, member: 60347
Not that it matters that much, but as far as my understanding goes their actions violated paragraph 266b of danish law.
So I reported the game to steam for that violation.
So maybe it'll at least be taken down in Denmark.

I expect every single one of you fucks to email your Danish embassy to take these t*rfs down :bolo
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47647 on: October 02, 2019, 09:12:41 AM »
what the fuck are trans rights that sets them apart from other rights

did you just dead name human rights?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47648 on: October 02, 2019, 09:32:30 AM »
they're absolutely correct about their vote not mattering

it's why I don't

if the election ever comes down to one single vote then I will  :trumps and say whoops, you can hold me accountable for the outcome of the election in that case

it won't
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #47649 on: October 02, 2019, 09:42:59 AM »
resetti posters are very mad about some change to XP in Pokemon and to prove their point about how everyone supposedly hates this decision, they made a poll.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gameinformer-every-pok%C3%A9mon-in-your-party-gets-equal-experience-automatically-as-you-progress-through-the-game-no-more-exp-share.144398/

i love how these polls backfire essentially 100% of the time :lol

Occam

« Reply #47650 on: October 02, 2019, 09:46:16 AM »
good thing the Southern Poverty Law Center preserved the tweets for their database on hate groups:
(Image removed from quote.)

And he didn't cancel his son? Doesn't that basically make him a Nazi?

daemon

« Reply #47651 on: October 02, 2019, 09:55:42 AM »
they're absolutely correct about their vote not mattering

it's why I don't

if the election ever comes down to one single vote then I will  :trumps and say whoops, you can hold me accountable for the outcome of the election in that case

it won't

The best argument against voting is that an anti-vaxxer neighbour can cancel your vote out.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47652 on: October 02, 2019, 09:57:19 AM »
In a human rights respect I think trans rights are pretty much equal to gay rights atm, except in some holdouts in society (the deeply religious, the deeply bigoted, the deeply stupid). And that is a bad part of a venn-diagram to be in the center of. That's one of those bad-grams

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47654 on: October 02, 2019, 10:11:18 AM »
In a human rights respect I think trans rights are pretty much equal to gay rights atm, except in some holdouts in society (the deeply religious, the deeply bigoted, the deeply stupid). And that is a bad part of a venn-diagram to be in the center of. That's one of those bad-grams

I don't think anyone worth listening to is seriously arguing against allowing trans people to run boy scout troops or not allow them to marry

the way people parrot it as a catchphrase at every opportunity makes me think they mean it's something more than that and I don't know what they're trying to say

I guess if it's a basic human right to be comfortable in your own body they might be arguing that hrt/surgery should be 100% government funded and free but again that doesn't seem to be the context
Uncle

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #47655 on: October 02, 2019, 10:15:26 AM »

I don't think anyone worth listening to is seriously arguing against allowing trans people to run boy scout troops or not allow them to marry

the way people parrot it as a catchphrase at every opportunity makes me think they mean it's something more than that and I don't know what they're trying to say

I guess if it's a basic human right to be comfortable in your own body they might be arguing that hrt/surgery should be 100% government funded and free but again that doesn't seem to be the context
Can't speak for anyone on ERA, but this seems to be it?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender_rights_movement#Issues_of_concern

Also link to trans orgs at the bottom, clicking through to those is bound to turn up some mission statements.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47656 on: October 02, 2019, 10:21:19 AM »

Eh... pretty large swaths of the American public do not want to recognize a trans woman's right to be considered a woman in public spaces. 

referring to someone in a way they don't like is not a human rights violation

it's shitty and something you shouldn't do, but you don't drag them before a court on charges of violating human rights

because that opens the door for the infamous attack helicopter troll, needing to respect someone's bizarre imposition upon you as much as any other

violence/physical assault is of course illegal, trans panic should not be defensible, however words are not violence
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #47657 on: October 02, 2019, 10:26:57 AM »

trans right now face the same exclusion that, let's say, any other person that conducts a perceptible body modification that deviates from what's socially acceptable. They modify their traits in a way that is perceptible and that causes a natural rejection. Surely a portion of that rejection is based on hate, but most of it is just being wary, curious, etc.

"Oh, i'm sure this dude with a tattooed skull on his neck and shaved head is a nice guy"- no one, 2019.

PS: I can see how my message could be misconstrued here. There's a range of transgender people. There's people who pull it off in a way they're undetectable, but then you also have what seemed to be a potato skin middle-aged guy with blue long hair. That's perceptually gross no matter how many excuses people make to pretend they're not grossed out on a visual basis.

I've seen very few trans people. One of them in a footwear store. I was so analyzing that i probably stared way longer than we'd determine as acceptable. I didn't do it out of spite, I was just checking a very believable transitioned person. But i'm sure if she realized that I was looking, she'd believe I was being judgmental. But it's like... a natural thing that happens. It's like when you see someone that has something odd in their face, like a prosthetic part of the face, or a deformity. You're mostly curious about it.

violence/physical assault is of course illegal, trans panic should not be defensible, however words are not violence

words on a 1 on 1 basis are not violence per se. The problem would be if the person saying those words could cause others to take action against that person. Say, a community leader of sorts. Then it'd be more than just words.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:34:37 AM by daemon »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47658 on: October 02, 2019, 10:34:26 AM »

words on a 1 on 1 basis are not violence per se. The problem would be if the person saying those words could cause others to take action against that person. Say, a community leader of sorts. Then it'd be more than just words.

true however it's also something you need to be careful about, it shouldn't just be "could" cause action, because then you're getting into minority report pre-crime

someone with reach matters, an asshole at the supermarket does not

my main point is that misgendering a trans person is cruel, but so is deciding you're always going to call someone a cunt to their face, or call a coworker a dick in private conversation

mean names are not a violation of human rights
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #47659 on: October 02, 2019, 10:36:21 AM »

true however it's also something you need to be careful about, it shouldn't just be "could" cause action, because then you're getting into minority report pre-crime

someone with reach matters, an asshole at the supermarket does not

my main point is that misgendering a trans person is cruel, but so is deciding you're always going to call someone a cunt to their face, or call a coworker a dick in private conversation

mean names are not a violation of human rights

I said could as in the hypothesis. but yeah, I meant it as an actual consequence. And yes, misgendering when you know how to address to them is.... at the most, impolite. It's a matter of etiquette and social respect. It's not a crime, of course.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47660 on: October 02, 2019, 10:41:23 AM »
But it's like... a natural thing that happens. It's like when you see someone that has something odd in their face, like a prosthetic part of the face, or a deformity. You're mostly curious about it.

You obseve people with deformities for enjoyment? The fuck am I reading?

Propagandhim

« Reply #47661 on: October 02, 2019, 10:42:46 AM »
good thing the Southern Poverty Law Center preserved the tweets for their database on hate groups:

This is so patronizing.  This is his best example for explaining to his kid that people of color are just like everyone else?  Look, I know he's just a child...but fucking BATMAN?  Cats?  :lol  :lol  Shinobi is one of those white liberals that never goes near any area with people of color, so his best frame of reference to communicate his perspective of brown-skinned human beings is the caped crusader. 
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:48:23 AM by Propagandhim »

Tektonic

• OG Cracker
« Reply #47662 on: October 02, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
Could just imagine Shinobi saying "She was black. You know like your favourite basketball player"
Shinobi Jr : "But daddy, you said white people like us only like Baseball?"

Propagandhim

« Reply #47663 on: October 02, 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
"Listen Skyler, you know your older brother Breckin's friend John?  Just picture him as a black kid.  Or one of those stray black cats that run around in the neighborhood and get lost under our patio.  Whatever.  They're just like us!"

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47664 on: October 02, 2019, 10:54:51 AM »
The fake Spider-Man from that cartoon that's not as good as the real Spider-Man because it's not part of the MCU was black, remember?
©@©™

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47665 on: October 02, 2019, 11:01:55 AM »
30 years from now, watch that kid get #cancelled for those Tweets.
I don't understand people who treat Twitter like it's their buddies' social circle.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 11:07:06 AM by Don Rumata »

daemon

« Reply #47666 on: October 02, 2019, 11:04:36 AM »
But it's like... a natural thing that happens. It's like when you see someone that has something odd in their face, like a prosthetic part of the face, or a deformity. You're mostly curious about it.

you're reading it wrong... Or you're pretending you never see someone with an oddity and curiously wonder what caused said oddity. I'm guessing you bow down your head and then flagellate yourself at home for having impure thoughts.

This is so patronizing.  This is his best example for explaining to his kid that people of color are just like everyone else?  Look, I know he's just a child...but fucking BATMAN?  Cats?  :lol  :lol  Shinobi is one of those white liberals that never goes near any area with people of color, so his best frame of reference to communicate his perspective of brown-skinned human beings is the caped crusader.

ayyy shinobi, you fucked up.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47667 on: October 02, 2019, 11:07:57 AM »

and this was not the first example he gave to his son  :mindblown
Uncle

daemon

« Reply #47668 on: October 02, 2019, 11:09:45 AM »
At this point shinobi should just cancel his parenthood rights and let indie curated games educate his son.

Propagandhim

« Reply #47669 on: October 02, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »

and this was not the first example he gave to his son  :mindblown

You like black crayons right?  And licorice?  Whatabout those Genesis cartridges I spent 5 hours yesterday showing you?  Uhh, Shinobi 3?  Hello?  Oh, and my father.  We can't forget bowling balls, now, can we?  The little strip on the back of my credit card...

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47670 on: October 02, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
At this point shinobi should just cancel his parenthood rights and let indie curated games educate his son.

Surprised he hasn't already, Resetera says you have to cut ties with your alt-right family.
©@©™

daemon

« Reply #47671 on: October 02, 2019, 11:20:59 AM »

Surprised he hasn't already, Resetera says you have to cut ties with your alt-right family.

He's gonna be the boss at highschool when he's the only kid that doesn't have his parents as friends on Facebook.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #47672 on: October 02, 2019, 11:21:53 AM »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47673 on: October 02, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »

you're reading it wrong... Or you're pretending you never see someone with an oddity and curiously wonder what caused said oddity. I'm guessing you bow down your head and then flagellate yourself at home for having impure thoughts.

I'm all for curious wonder, but people arn't frogs. It's creepy and invasive to inspected and treated like an object rather than a person. I feel like if I was in the war and my body was damaged in some way, I wouldn't want people constantly gawking at me.

daemon

« Reply #47674 on: October 02, 2019, 11:55:36 AM »

I'm all for curious wonder, but people arn't frogs. It's creepy and invasive to inspected and treated like an object rather than a person. I feel like if I was in the war and my body was damaged in some way, I wouldn't want people constantly gawking at me.

That was the WHOLE point I was making. Our nature is to be CURIOUS. We suppress our innate tendencies due to societal pressures. You're already projecting onto a person that was damaged in some way, and you're asking to the observer not to think: i wonder if he lost those legs in the war, given his attire, etc. You're asking humans not to be... humans. I don't mean bring a magnifier glass and start analyzing that deep. A 3 second stare would be enough to make someone feel observed. Everyone does it, specially when they know the other person can't tell they're being observed. So why create this parallel universe where I narrate an entirely normal behavior and why it can feel tedious for those who have those oddities and claim i'm the weird one.

It's one thing to find rejoice in watching them like "what a freak", and another entirely different one trying to understand the causes, or the story behind it.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47675 on: October 02, 2019, 12:02:19 PM »

"Where's my fully fleshed out OP about an announcement that just happened!"

:rage

:lol

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #47676 on: October 02, 2019, 12:11:36 PM »
Where is my new OS Microc*cks.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47677 on: October 02, 2019, 12:12:18 PM »

Watch this nazi enabling son of a bitch invite his son to thanks giving dinner.

kingv

« Reply #47678 on: October 02, 2019, 12:17:52 PM »
Batman isn’t black?!

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47679 on: October 02, 2019, 12:23:11 PM »
Batman isn’t black?!

:isthis racial gatekeeping?
©@©™

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47680 on: October 02, 2019, 12:25:32 PM »

Eh... pretty large swaths of the American public do not want to recognize a trans woman's right to be considered a woman in public spaces. 

referring to someone in a way they don't like is not a human rights violation

Will you address what my post was actually about or nah?

you want to clarify then?

recognizing a trans woman's right to be considered a women in public = bumping into them and saying oh excuse me ma'am, no?

no one has a human right to be considered anything by the general public

the only place where rights enter the picture is business and government, such as the right to get a brazilian wax as a woman or control over your birth certificate/passport/ID etc.
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47681 on: October 02, 2019, 12:46:11 PM »
You edited out the part of my post about bathroom and locker room usage; whether you consider that a human rights issue or not is maybe separate but it's certainly far more concrete than merely what you call someone in public.

But I certainly consider it a rights issue, as I would consider my wife being forced to use a men's locker room a rights issue.

you edited that part in

and also yes as I said that's where business and government enter the picture as to whether they can say legally sir I'm afraid you will have to leave, as well as whether physical assault is or isn't legally justified

I would consider it probably justified if a cisman was assaulted for loitering in a woman's restroom, but I'm not a lawyer
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #47682 on: October 02, 2019, 12:52:11 PM »
Batman isn’t black?!

The Bat family is surprisingly white tbh, the extended Bat fam has some color in it but... also Damian don't count cause Talia is basically white lets face it.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47683 on: October 02, 2019, 01:13:11 PM »
what if the joker was black
Uncle

nachobro

• Live Más

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47685 on: October 02, 2019, 01:17:47 PM »
it would be cool if he was like a more insane dr. facilier
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #47686 on: October 02, 2019, 01:30:23 PM »
Al Ghul? What is that? Central African?

It's supposed to be Asian (Arabian peninsula)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47687 on: October 02, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we had the exact inverse of the conversations surrounding the movie

daemon

« Reply #47688 on: October 02, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »

I wouldn't be surprised if we had the exact inverse of the conversations surrounding the movie

Because when society abandons you as a white male, you're an incel terrorist, but when you're a minority you're trying to fight the only way society allowed you to. It'd be considered a deep, emotional tale about how society needs to change so they don't become outcasts. It would be punching up too!

marrec

« Reply #47689 on: October 02, 2019, 01:49:33 PM »

Because when society abandons you as a white male, you're an incel terrorist, but when you're a minority you're trying to fight the only way society allowed you to. It'd be considered a deep, emotional tale about how society needs to change so they don't become outcasts. It would be punching up too!

tfw you try to be satirical but end up making a good point

daemon

« Reply #47690 on: October 02, 2019, 01:50:39 PM »

tfw you try to be satirical but end up making a good point

Of course I made a good point. I live in a society too

Coitus

« Reply #47691 on: October 02, 2019, 02:04:40 PM »
I think Shinobi is Arab or Persian, so he’s allowed to be as racist as he wants.

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #47692 on: October 02, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »

What do you think this thread is for? :ufup

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #47693 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
ὕβρις

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
« Reply #47694 on: October 02, 2019, 02:28:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-find-it-harder-to-like-kotaku-lately.144557/

First of all: Please don't turn this into a pro-gamergate or a place to harass or bash certain authors you don't like. I'm going to keep things a bit vague to avoid unintentionally get any author harassed. Also, this is about Kotaku US not the other Kotaku sites.

For years, Kotaku has been I main news source for gaming, mostly out of convince at first since it was a sister site to other sites I visited at the time. It's had really great articles in the past for both anime and gaming in the past. I'm not denying their hasn't been some stinkers of articles in the past of comments from authors in the comments that have made me cringe, it's generally been a good source of info and opinions.

The past year however I've noticed I've been going to the site less and less, I don't like saying this but the quality feels like it's dropped and their has been more and more fluff pieces lately. Not only that but I've been feeling this atmosphere of pettiness from some of the authors, the reason I even decided to write this was because of a petty swipe one author decided to do in the comment sections of one of the articles that just felt needless. That isn't to say their is no quality articles, there but it feels like their is less of them and come out less frequently.

I've also noticed Kotaku as nearly completely dropped discussing anime for the most part, thus making the Otaku part of their title feeling a bit pointless, it's mostly about gaming now unless something really big happens but even then, the info is easily found elsewhere and in greater detail and with more friendly comment sections. After Kotaku (and the rest of Gawker at the time) sacked their moderators because they didn't want to pay them, Kotaku's comments I've felt more toxic and toxic to the point I barely look at them unless their authot has posted there because at best it's just screaming matches and worse bigotry and that's only the comments not in the greys.

And of course, the recent... Incident with a particular porn based Kotaku article really put me off the site, I'm still amazed something like that got published and that their was 0 editorial oversight on it or any article the site runs.

After the past few days post that happening, I've been wanting to just stop reading the site, still coming out of habit and curiosity. It just isn't the same site I liked going to.

Edit: Please don't mass tag Jason, potentially annoying one of Kotaku's staff isn't what I want to come out of this thread.

HEY JASON, YOUR WEBSITE SUCKS!!!

(pls don't tag jason)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47696 on: October 02, 2019, 02:36:38 PM »
You're contradicting yourself here bud  ;)
I've also noticed Kotaku as nearly completely dropped discussing anime for the most part,

And of course, the recent... Incident with a particular porn based Kotaku article really put me off the site, I'm still amazed something like that got published and that their was 0 editorial oversight on it or any article the site runs.

🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #47697 on: October 02, 2019, 02:45:45 PM »
At least 4 Joker threads up the top of the off topic forum :lol :trumps
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #47698 on: October 02, 2019, 02:46:50 PM »
At least 4 Joker threads up the top of the off topic forum :lol :trumps

Between this and pizza places charging you extra for drinks even though the sign said it was included, I'm not so certain we do live in a society anymore.
©@©™

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #47699 on: October 02, 2019, 02:49:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/restaurants-that-advertise-lunch-specials-with-a-drink.144642/

Incredible thread for people to get all detective on. :lol

Saw a combo I liked for 9.75. Said combo was listed in this way: "food, salad, and drink". Upon checkout, my total came out about 5 dollars above that. I asked if that was all sales tax, and the clerk said the drink cost was added on. I asked if it was possible to just get the deal without said drink cost and she said no. I decided to buy the combo.

Imagine being explained to your face how they're scamming you for three bucks and and paying.