Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3801999 times)

ShutUp

Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #48060 on: October 04, 2019, 10:55:47 AM »
Joined two years ago, only 721 posts? Yikes. Can’t believe they made a Russian troll a mod.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48061 on: October 04, 2019, 10:56:26 AM »
1488, the Mark of the Centrist. :noooo
ὕβρις

daemon

« Reply #48062 on: October 04, 2019, 11:32:25 AM »
The first online community to use the term "incel" was started in 1993 when a Canadian university student known only by her first name, Alana, created a website in order to discuss her sexual inactivity with others.

Wow, the incels are right, women really are to blame for everything.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #48064 on: October 04, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
also EXCUSE ME WHAT

(Image removed from quote.)

:dead

41% of my headmates agree that this is not a good look. :yikes :yikes :yikes
©@©™

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48065 on: October 04, 2019, 11:57:47 AM »
The first online community to use the term "incel" was started in 1993 when a Canadian university student known only by her first name, Alana, created a website in order to discuss her sexual inactivity with others.

Wow, the incels are right, women really are to blame for everything.

Fun episode

https://gimletmedia.com/shows/reply-all/76h59o

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #48066 on: October 04, 2019, 11:58:00 AM »
also EXCUSE ME WHAT

(Image removed from quote.)

Had no idea they made boogie a mod :leon
Margs

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48067 on: October 04, 2019, 12:30:09 PM »
Azula from A:TLA is a female incel

marrec

« Reply #48068 on: October 04, 2019, 12:37:20 PM »
Azula from A:TLA is a female incel

Volcel pls

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48069 on: October 04, 2019, 12:56:27 PM »
Where is that super homophobic pic of them comparing Capcom Dante to Brokeback Mountain (Both of which are much better designs than bro Dante, but whatever) that was used at an actual proffesional conference with grown ass people in attendance and not a high school presentation from 2004?

Edit:
found it. Hurr hurr. Dante is a feg. Our Dante straight and kewl

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #48070 on: October 04, 2019, 01:00:45 PM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #48071 on: October 04, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
I have never played a Devil May Cry game  :doge

Is the HD collection any good or should I play it on original hardware?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48072 on: October 04, 2019, 01:03:29 PM »
HD collection is good

BisMarckie

« Reply #48073 on: October 04, 2019, 01:06:02 PM »
Damn, the physical copy of the DMC 4 PS4 port is pretty expensive  :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48074 on: October 04, 2019, 01:06:15 PM »
Finale Fireworker
Love each other or die trying. Member

:leon

guess they weren't productive enough

conspiracy theory: absolute fucking nobodies keep showing up as new mods at era

Alice Amber 804 posts
Cold Sun 721 posts

look at these low post count trolls sneaking into administration

finale fireworker got tired of the attention and focus on him so "retired" to start again under a new name with no cult of personality attached, quietly adopting the gaf banbot model

yeah, at this point with eras staff turnover, its pretty obvious they're either running a witless protection program or are down to scraping the barrels of goodthink community threads for people who only ever post there and are therefore immune to oppo research, and coincidentally near fucking useless as global moderators

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48075 on: October 04, 2019, 01:07:15 PM »
near fucking useless as global moderators

unlike the other global mods, lawls

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48076 on: October 04, 2019, 01:10:35 PM »
Ninja theory are kind of the nadir of trend chasing style over substance wishing they made movies not games studios, and they are extremely fortunate that circumstances being what they are they can suck on MSs money teat for a few years, because they've literally never made a product that justifies their existence as a commercial entity.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #48077 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:37 PM »
DmC is pretty bad compared to other games in its genre, it only comes off well compared to literally broken shit like DMC2 and the god of war games. And i'd still put all three god of wars over the original version of DmC.

Color coded enemies and barely interactive crap like the barbas fight :yuck

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #48078 on: October 04, 2019, 01:15:48 PM »
Oooh, another The Last Night thread. I’m sure this time it will go...

https://www.resetera.com/threads/test-footage-for-the-last-nights-options-menu.145004/

Quote from: Post #3
Isn't the guy who made this a huge piece of shit?

Never mind.

:beli

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #48079 on: October 04, 2019, 01:24:12 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/test-footage-for-the-last-nights-options-menu.145004/

Never mind.

lol was there any doubt? this is what resetera does best.

kingv

« Reply #48080 on: October 04, 2019, 01:31:52 PM »

kingv

« Reply #48081 on: October 04, 2019, 01:33:36 PM »
I remember enjoying D4C.

I don’t remember enjoying it more than DMC3 or 4, and can’t remember any details about it but remember feeling like it was decently enjoyable.

Coffee Dog

« Reply #48082 on: October 04, 2019, 01:39:54 PM »
Friends have been trying to get me to play it, even on some "this is NT's best game so even if you hated the rest you'd like this" shit. So I'd like to know what you thought was so bad about it? Most of my aversion is my dislike of NT's games and no real interest in mostly narrative games with shit gameplay (which I assumed it was)

1. The enemies are generic crap. Nothing cool like immaterial enemies, enemies that move in formation, etc. I just remember goons with weapons, a leaping beast, and a wheel enemy that rolls at you. Compounding that the enemies are uninteresting to fight, half of your weapons are red and half are blue, and you can only harm enemies that match the color you are using, even if it makes the game a lot worse. In the original version of the game this was devastating as whenever dante even grazed an enemy of the wrong color he would get put into a CLANG recoil animation, like you hit a wall in Zelda. In the revision this was changed to your weapons doing paper mache damage, which is a thousand times better.

2. Only one solid boss - the final one. Every single other boss is a giant monster that does the good old "swing three times or summon a wave of goons and then I bend over and expose my ass for a QTE/button mashing". Not engaging back and forths like you want from an action game boss.

3. Any and all supposed benefits from switching to ninja theory are null. The story is embarrassing, and the """"platforming"""" is so minimal that it isnt even used in combat to any discernable degree.

Soundtrack is good though.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48083 on: October 04, 2019, 01:40:04 PM »
Ninja theory are kind of the nadir of trend chasing style over substance wishing they made movies not games studios, and they are extremely fortunate that circumstances being what they are they can suck on MSs money teat for a few years, because they've literally never made a product that justifies their existence as a commercial entity.

I remember when NT were pretty universally disliked on forums and shit, only for them to suddenly get all sorts of fanboys pulling for them when DmC was announced. I'm still shocked anyone enjoys their games tbh.

xbots loved them when they made kung fu chaos, because OG xbots had so few games anyway
Sonybots loved them when they made heavenly sword, for mostly identical reasons
enslaved was a huge :no1curr
DMC was loved by - basically - graphics whores who had never played a DmC game
Hellblade was loved by the kind of people who want to call games art but don't understand art and who think a clumsy as fuck treatment of mental illness is somehow 'worthy' for 'tackling difficult subjects' despite being like, half a fucking decade after Alice: madness returns, and playing like shit compared to that and generally being way more hamfisted.
Also tools like Jim Sterling who think indie games should somehow magically have AAA production values, and that because it broke even means that 'proves' its achievable, when it obviously fucking isn't.
xbots love them again, for exactly the same reason as kung fu chaos and heavenly sword; because they can stick it in their shitty "WOWOWOW THIS UPCOMING LINEUP OF THINGS I SAW A SIZZLE TRAILER AND A LOGO FOR IS AMAAAAAAYYYYYYZING!" lists

ShutUp

« Reply #48084 on: October 04, 2019, 01:45:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-bans-all-netflix-ads-from-all-their-channels-except-on-espn.145063/

Disney blocking Netflix ads from their channels. The bots man the battle stations and fire away with “it’s just common sense”. Sony doesn’t bend over and take it and yank Spider-Man from the MCU and the replies were “fuck Sony, Disney needs to buy them.”

Sheep. All of them. Dear God.

daemon

« Reply #48085 on: October 04, 2019, 01:50:51 PM »
NT survives on Talexi's art

This is beyond dope.

ShutUp

« Reply #48086 on: October 04, 2019, 01:51:19 PM »
Ninja Theory makes good games. Which in a sea of battle royale trash, single player story driven games are getting far too rare a thing.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48087 on: October 04, 2019, 01:54:33 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48088 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/disney-bans-all-netflix-ads-from-all-their-channels-except-on-espn.145063/

Disney blocking Netflix ads from their channels. The bots man the battle stations and fire away with “it’s just common sense”. Sony doesn’t bend over and take it and yank Spider-Man from the MCU and the replies were “fuck Sony, Disney needs to buy them.”

Sheep. All of them. Dear God.
Perlmutter has to make room for the TRUMP 2020 ads  :success
🤴

daemon

« Reply #48089 on: October 04, 2019, 01:55:36 PM »
Ninja Theory makes good games. Which in a sea of battle royale trash, single player story driven games are getting far too rare a thing.

Yeah, I'd describe NT as a good game maker. Not game of the years. The critics have merit for pointing out the lackluster stuff. I genuinely feel they just don't have the manpower, time or resources to craft it beyond what we get.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/crowbcat-ghost-recon-hurt-itself-today.145085/#post-25148622

:crybaby

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48090 on: October 04, 2019, 01:59:44 PM »
I kinda curr about Enslaved. Probably dirt cheap on Steam now I presume.

Bringing up Kung Fu Chaos though  :lol :lol

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48091 on: October 04, 2019, 02:00:51 PM »

Never mind.

There's not even any clear sense of what the gameplay is supposed to look like yet. I don't know man, just because it's pretty doesn't make it fun.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48092 on: October 04, 2019, 02:01:18 PM »
As far as I understand NT maybe didn't deserve all the vitriol when they really were a contractor for Capcom and a lot of the "design flaws", "disrespectful characterization" and the "Westernisation" were not a bug but a feature demanded, even directly supervised, by Capcom itself. The whole didn't gel too well and plenty of the criticism is warranted (though I understand the revised DmC version on PC made it a lot closer in gameplay standards to the rest of the series) but there was a lot of dramatic hyperbole surrounding it.
ὕβρις

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #48093 on: October 04, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »
What's the reasoning for calling developers "lazy" being worth a ban, but calling them "nazi" being okay?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48094 on: October 04, 2019, 02:09:25 PM »
What's the reasoning for calling developers "lazy" being worth a ban, but calling them "nazi" being okay?
Say what you will about the Nazi's but they were never lazy  :cop
🤴

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48095 on: October 04, 2019, 02:09:44 PM »

they still had some developers on the board when they made the rules

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #48096 on: October 04, 2019, 02:10:47 PM »

It’s classic othering.  If you’re perceived as being on their team you’re protected if not, the rules don’t apply.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48097 on: October 04, 2019, 02:12:07 PM »
As far as I understand NT maybe didn't deserve all the vitriol when they really were a contractor for Capcom and a lot of the "design flaws", "disrespectful characterization" and the "Westernisation" were not a bug but a feature demanded, even directly supervised, by Capcom itself. The whole didn't gel too well and plenty of the criticism is warranted (though I understand the revised DmC version on PC made it a lot closer in gameplay standards to the rest of the series) but there was a lot of dramatic hyperbole surrounding it.

Capcom did indeed ask for a heavier departure, but NT's founder and head Tameem was not helping matters by going out of his way to shit on fans AND the old games  :lol

Also, the revised version, the DE, is still not up on PC because it mostly cribs from fanmade mods without giving them credit :lol

DmC is pretty much a shitshow all around. I'm still surprised and glad DMC5 exists at all.

I'm deferring to player's opinion. I must have mixed things up, I thought the revised edition was only on PC but that's the other way around.
ὕβρις

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48098 on: October 04, 2019, 02:13:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/crowbcat-ghost-recon-hurt-itself-today.145085/post-25148183

Reminder crowbcat is racist

This guy is doing it wrong. You’re supposed to go “isn’t crowbcat racist? :thinking ” then someone else can go “yep, he sure is” and then you go “okay, that’s what I thought”.

Now that’s how you threadshit.
©@©™

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48099 on: October 04, 2019, 02:14:19 PM »
The lazy devs talk is kind of a "::), c'mon man" type of banning. Goes back to even GAF where it was seen as a cheap sort of way of saying "I don't like thing", but with most dev cycles not being anything close to a picnic it became frowned upon and eventually a bannable offense.

Calling someone a Nazi. I guess that depends on context.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48100 on: October 04, 2019, 02:15:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/crowbcat-ghost-recon-hurt-itself-today.145085/post-25148183

This guy is doing it wrong. You’re supposed to go “isn’t crowbcat racist? :thinking ” then someone else can go “yep, he sure is” and then you go “okay, that’s what I thought”.

Don't forget to throw in "Wait I thought they fired the racist guy from Crowbcat LLC Inc ? I read it here somewhere." for maximum confusion.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48101 on: October 04, 2019, 02:16:40 PM »

*sigh*

Guess I will get another PM for a burner email. I've lost count  :yeshrug
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48102 on: October 04, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-saw-my-boss-naked.145048/

Quote from: StanleyStutters, post: 25141702, member: 9162
Just thought I'd share my awkward, funny story with my favorite online community

Quote from: SillyEskimo, post: 25142045, member: 9241
Go straight to HR and get it on record.

:ryker
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48103 on: October 04, 2019, 02:31:12 PM »
I honestly don't get the hubbub around calling a development decision lazy. Yeah some idiot could be like "the devs are lazy" without any real argument but pretending lazy decisions can't be made when developing a game is acting deaf, dumb and blind.

Too bad we don't have any devs here who could shed light on this matter, we only have stufte.
i just assumed its because they wanted to be a developer safe space and get them all posting there like gaf had for a bit without realizing forums are a dying (dead, really) trend

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48104 on: October 04, 2019, 02:36:47 PM »
yeah the obsession over it there is something else. especially weird how they claim its the reason trump got elected but also whiny, impotent babies that have no power over anything. how can it be both at once? (especially cause i don't think it exists anymore?)

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #48105 on: October 04, 2019, 02:37:45 PM »
also austin walker got canned, waypoint on its last legs at this point?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #48106 on: October 04, 2019, 02:40:07 PM »
I think the "devs r lzy" comment became a no no is mostly because it was typically used in a rant type of way.

Not to say that GreatSage is wrong about his feelings on Hellblade in terms of the mental stuff (I have not played the game. I presume you did), but I looked at the games wikipedia and it seems like the devs really went all out in terms of figuring out how to properly present psychosis. Working with proffessors in the field. Collaborating with people who suffer from the types of mental ilnesses the game presents the main character with. Maybe the story is hamfisted as you said, but it doesn't appear like they half assed (LAZY GAME DEV RHETORIC!!!) that part of their research or implementation.

BisMarckie

« Reply #48107 on: October 04, 2019, 02:46:44 PM »

Could not have happened to a better person.

I am pretty sure he’ll become a full time patreon grifter now.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48108 on: October 04, 2019, 02:59:26 PM »
Because attacking and "vilifying" the press is what Trump and the far right does.
I really think it just goes that far.

To be fair I do think that the long disdain for the videogame press was a fertile soil for Gamergate. For years a lot of people used interchangeably "a bunch of incompetent, sycophant elevated fanboys mostly acting as glorified catalogs" and "BOUGHT AND PAID FOR BY THE GLOBALISTS PUBLISHERS" which is more incendiary and was, for some, easily mutated into buying hook, line and sinker that some indie dev fucking some writer was a MASSIVE SCANDAL proving that those incestuous elites are in a cabal to transform the proud hardcore gamers into sissy giant dad SJWs. It's undeniable that this is the classic far right narrative on "media" or "Hollywood" being reskinned for videogames.

Not that it warrants the endless shielding from criticism but to be honest gaming forums probably needed to mute the usual console war rhetoric a notch.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48111 on: October 04, 2019, 03:05:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-band-made-a-song-about-reset-era-and-we-just-released-our-music-video-for-it-today.145096/

this cant be real

Well at least he made something productive out of it. :trumps
Song is terrible. Still better than m0dus art tho.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48112 on: October 04, 2019, 03:10:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-band-made-a-song-about-reset-era-and-we-just-released-our-music-video-for-it-today.145096/

this cant be real

I'm disappointed that it hasn't been locked for self promotion. That would really hit the meaning of resetera

nudemacusers

« Reply #48113 on: October 04, 2019, 03:21:06 PM »
Sadsic is awesome so I’ll allow it.
﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #48114 on: October 04, 2019, 03:24:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-i-saw-my-boss-naked.145048/

Quote from: StanleyStutters, post: 25141702, member: 9162
Just thought I'd share my awkward, funny story with my favorite online community

Quote from: SillyEskimo, post: 25142045, member: 9241
Go straight to HR and get it on record.

:ryker

I've been to an onsen with my boss. Granted we're both guys. You get over it

Found a bork alt.
©@©™

Boredfrom

« Reply #48115 on: October 04, 2019, 03:31:58 PM »

Holy shit! Patrick outlived him.  :lol

Quote from: Austin
I want to underscore that this good news for everyone involved. The ship is not sinking, the alarms are not sounding, there is no fire in the barn (is that a saying?).

:thinking

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48116 on: October 04, 2019, 03:35:12 PM »
comic book films are the lowest on the totem pole of things that have no impact on me beyond being mildly entertained for a couple of hours, it's hilarious how these dickearlobes have constructed their identity around these. But hey I shouldn't speak too loud, I know a bunch of people who's identity is fast food based  :hitler
Half of the people on REEEEsetera define their personalities by who they stick their dick into (or dream about sticking their dick into while sitting in a car park in a child care facility or their parents' basement).
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48117 on: October 04, 2019, 03:41:41 PM »
Finale Fireworker
Love each other or die trying. Member

:leon

guess they weren't productive enough

conspiracy theory: absolute fucking nobodies keep showing up as new mods at era

Alice Amber 804 posts
Cold Sun 721 posts

look at these low post count trolls sneaking into administration

finale fireworker got tired of the attention and focus on him so "retired" to start again under a new name with no cult of personality attached, quietly adopting the gaf banbot model
Someone with an account should call out one of these mods on their low post count. Do it, take one for the team.
Spud

PogiJones

« Reply #48118 on: October 04, 2019, 03:42:39 PM »
It's a fascist show, soooooo....
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-why-do-the-engines-in-thomas-the-tank-engine-get-in-trouble-when-they-fuck-up.144950/post-25128060

in a thread about thomas the tank engine. :lol

From a VERAFIED game dev too.

HAH!! I worked with that guy at Red Storm.

Cleaning the carpets or something, I assume

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #48119 on: October 04, 2019, 03:52:38 PM »
yeah the obsession over it there is something else. especially weird how they claim its the reason trump got elected but also whiny, impotent babies that have no power over anything. how can it be both at once? (especially cause i don't think it exists anymore?)

Yeah, or also how it led to the birth of the alt-right, as if Pat Buchanan and paleoconservatism didn't exist in the 80s, or Wallace didn't exist in the 60s, etc.
^_^