Author Topic: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible  (Read 3801599 times)

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
Re: River Of Slime |OT| Mission: Impossible
« Reply #48240 on: October 06, 2019, 03:52:29 AM »
Fact: Princess Jasmine was a hardcore alcoholic who would physically abuse Aladdin,  make Genie preform degrading tricks, and relied on Rajah as an enabler as well as fall guy for the mysterious poops found in the palace.
sigh

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48241 on: October 06, 2019, 04:22:06 AM »
Also, who the fuck is that admin. Never heard of them before.

He's the replacement for Finale Fireworker.
ὕβρις

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #48242 on: October 06, 2019, 04:31:33 AM »
The Mod/Admin burnout rate at Era is embarrassing.   They really should unionize.   

sigh

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #48243 on: October 06, 2019, 05:04:42 AM »
I imagine being constantly bombarded with reports, dm’s n shit from certain protected users becomes a tad boring after a time.
(ice)

ShutUp

« Reply #48244 on: October 06, 2019, 05:14:44 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if some of them are praying for a shooting inspired by Joker. They are so, so desperate to make it a thing at this point after being terrified something would happen for however long now. Meanwhile in reality, it's been released, audiences are liking it a lot and then going on with their day, zero shootings in sight.

ERA wrong again, to no one's surprise.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48245 on: October 06, 2019, 05:37:42 AM »
Look, whether Jokerdingers Shooting ever actually happens or not is besides the point, the important thing to remember is that Era were right all along, and that all the people banned for dismissing other users concerns about a moral panic, downplaying hypothetical future actions of a hate movement and trolling other users over a series of posts saying 'maybe breathe into a paper bag for a bit?' definitely deserved it

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48246 on: October 06, 2019, 05:38:28 AM »
Wouldn't surprise me if some of them are praying for a shooting inspired by Joker. They are so, so desperate to make it a thing at this point after being terrified something would happen for however long now. Meanwhile in reality, it's been released, audiences are liking it a lot and then going on with their day, zero shootings in sight.

I'm seeing it tomorrow, so there's still time
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48247 on: October 06, 2019, 05:41:33 AM »
Look, whether Jokerdingers Shooting ever actually happens or not is besides the point, the important thing to remember is that Era were right all along, and that all the people banned for dismissing other users concerns about a moral panic, downplaying hypothetical future actions of a hate movement and trolling other users over a series of posts saying 'maybe breathe into a paper bag for a bit?' definitely deserved it
You know they do this all the time right? But the paper bag is filled with their own farts and they like to huff their own farts.
Spud

Crash Dummy

• teleiophile
« Reply #48248 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:20 AM »
"...mass movements strive to interpose a fact-proof screen between the faithful and the realities of the world. They do this by claiming that the absolute truth is already embodied in their doctrine and that there is no truth outside it..."

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48249 on: October 06, 2019, 05:51:49 AM »
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48250 on: October 06, 2019, 05:57:00 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pentagon-official-theres-compelling-evidence-that-we-might-not-be-alone.1504708/

The other option is that the powers that be are getting the population ready for a false flag alien attack which would mean we have some dark dark times ahead for us.

The crazy over there is real. :science
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #48251 on: October 06, 2019, 06:01:20 AM »
did amirox get a hug from the judge and the victims family?  :thinking

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48252 on: October 06, 2019, 06:08:23 AM »
https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pentagon-official-theres-compelling-evidence-that-we-might-not-be-alone.1504708/

The other option is that the powers that be are getting the population ready for a false flag alien attack which would mean we have some dark dark times ahead for us.

The crazy over there is real. :science

I hope aliens happens in my lifetime so I can fight them with the rest of the resistance Independance Day-style. Or destroy their way of life and fuck a princess like in Avatar.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #48253 on: October 06, 2019, 06:32:27 AM »
The thought that in a universe that's 13.8 billion years old, two sufficiently advanced species evolved at the same time at locations sufficiently close together to allow them to travel between their respective solar systems is absurd.
Spud

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #48254 on: October 06, 2019, 06:49:09 AM »
So you're saying James Cameron made a film about sexy space aliens because he's some sort of pervert or something?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48255 on: October 06, 2019, 06:53:31 AM »
I'm like... 80%? sure most of era will be falling over themselves to be collaborators in a hypothetical alien invasion

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48256 on: October 06, 2019, 07:00:14 AM »
Sector Purged (40%): Downplaying benefaction of the Z'zlluthar Allegiance, Inflammatory rhetoric of false equivalence, Severe History of Insurrections

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48257 on: October 06, 2019, 07:05:50 AM »
I'm like... 80%? sure most of era will be falling over themselves to be collaborators in a hypothetical alien invasion

Depends on their opinion on the 2016 primaries.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48258 on: October 06, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »
And the armour design of their female soldiers.
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48259 on: October 06, 2019, 07:38:50 AM »
Please take me away from this planet aliens. Even if I'm just am exhibit in a zoo. I'll be fine

Then after 10 years you can claim adverse possession of the cage !

https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-mechanics-the-navy-says-ufo-videos-published-by-the-ny-times-are-real-never-meant-to-be-released-to-the-public.141466/post-24595369

Some guy managed to make it about baby boomers :neogaf

it felt like watching you argue with the spirit of the Baby Boomers. "You think this universe likes you? you're not special, no alien is going to come here and be nice to you, you better go out and get a job and pay your taxes and stop waiting on ET because that's the real world. Also, I'm dying....please hold my hand."

https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-mechanics-the-navy-says-ufo-videos-published-by-the-ny-times-are-real-never-meant-to-be-released-to-the-public.141466/post-24727518
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:43:00 AM by VomKriege »
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48260 on: October 06, 2019, 07:42:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/josh-brolin-defends-%E2%80%9Cjoker%E2%80%9D-against-critics-as-a-true-work-of-art-on-showcasing-society.145337/post-25191551

Locked: Please don't make threads that prove our reputation true

OP banned

User Banned (duration pending): Trolling with intent to antagonize, creating a thread in bad faith

It's always trolling when someone is too woke 

Sounds a lot like dismissing concerns :thinking

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #48261 on: October 06, 2019, 08:22:14 AM »
If Bore started banning people for "trolling with intent to antagonize," there'd be nobody left after a few days.
dog

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48262 on: October 06, 2019, 08:45:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/josh-brolin-defends-%E2%80%9Cjoker%E2%80%9D-against-critics-as-a-true-work-of-art-on-showcasing-society.145337/post-25191551

Locked: Please don't make threads that prove our reputation true

OP banned

User Banned (duration pending): Trolling with intent to antagonize, creating a thread in bad faith

It's always trolling when someone is too woke 

Sounds a lot like dismissing concerns :thinking

That thread could only possibly be viewed as "bad faith" or "trolling" if you take the perspective that you have posters on your site that are so fucking sanctimonious, self righteous and zealous, that the mere statement of an opinion contrary to their own, no matter how well reasoned or argued, is going to trigger them into a report button mashing apoplexy of furious indignation that how fucking dare someone - anyone - not agree with what they have declared the Truth to be.

And as a mod how do you look at the problem and decide its the people who don't 100% fall in line with certain posters barely coherent and literally uninformed opinion that are the problem.
Even if one of those posters happens to be a mod.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48263 on: October 06, 2019, 08:58:46 AM »
Quote from: commeunedouche,https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-mechanics-the-navy-says-ufo-videos-published-by-the-ny-times-are-real-never-meant-to-be-released-to-the-public.141466/post-24727754
I mean, I hate to be the one to bring up abduction stories because of the hostility it brings with some people, but since we're talking about aliens and their possible interest in us. Most if not all abduction stories the aliens just treat us like we would examine a dolphin for example. Check them biologically and then tag and release. I'd imagine they'd have at least some scientific interest in us at the very least. Even if we're not ""special".
I think it's a grim reality if abductions are real due to the various experiences people have. Some are all lovey dovey. But some people are terrified have been raped and have PTSD.

:confused

if a veterinarian uses a rectal thermometer, they're not "raping" a patient

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #48265 on: October 06, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »
supporting Vox is inexcusable, these people are monsters

:doge
🤴

Boredfrom

« Reply #48266 on: October 06, 2019, 09:49:38 AM »
Given that it sounds like Twitter drama, I got the feeling somebody is totally not using hyperbole.  ::)

Anti-Monitor

« Reply #48268 on: October 06, 2019, 10:14:53 AM »
To be fair, Vox is fucking scum. But that doesn't mean CDPR is making any sort of political statement or anything, which is what they seem to be implying.

Pwnz

« Reply #48269 on: October 06, 2019, 10:47:03 AM »
Pretty sure just the text CDPR triggers transphobia concern trolling for dozens of posters on re. Oh noes a dystopian future has lots of dystopia, including corporations monetizing non binary genders, oh the transphobia blah blah blah

zepblackstar

« Reply #48270 on: October 06, 2019, 11:13:23 AM »
This definitely deserves its own thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/spanish-far-right-political-party-shows-up-on-a-gaming-event-with-a-jacket-claiming-is-a-present-from-my-friends-of-cyberpunk-2077.145376/#post-25196391

Shouldn't they be more worried that gamers and devs were talking to him and taking pictures and showing demos :whoo

The scandal!

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #48271 on: October 06, 2019, 11:30:19 AM »
Quote from: commeunedouche,https://www.resetera.com/threads/popular-mechanics-the-navy-says-ufo-videos-published-by-the-ny-times-are-real-never-meant-to-be-released-to-the-public.141466/post-24727754
I mean, I hate to be the one to bring up abduction stories because of the hostility it brings with some people, but since we're talking about aliens and their possible interest in us. Most if not all abduction stories the aliens just treat us like we would examine a dolphin for example. Check them biologically and then tag and release. I'd imagine they'd have at least some scientific interest in us at the very least. Even if we're not ""special".
I think it's a grim reality if abductions are real due to the various experiences people have. Some are all lovey dovey. But some people are terrified have been raped and have PTSD.

:confused

if a veterinarian uses a rectal thermometer, they're not "raping" a patient

Define patient.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #48272 on: October 06, 2019, 11:46:58 AM »
Got so excited thinking we were about to have an another incredible 30 page transphobia thread, about to CDPR to boot, only to see it was some nonsense and locked after a page.  Worst blue balls ever.
 :stahp
hey

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #48273 on: October 06, 2019, 11:48:15 AM »
hey

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #48274 on: October 06, 2019, 11:50:28 AM »
 :trigger

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #48275 on: October 06, 2019, 11:52:48 AM »
I bet you regret that Like now, motherfucker
hey

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #48277 on: October 06, 2019, 11:59:44 AM »

as with gamergate they're going to bring up the spectre of this movie for years to come

college shooting 2020:

Quote from: era
I've been warning everyone about this for ages.  What do you expect when incels have been raised on a steady diet of media catering directly to them like 2019's Joker?  Check his subs and I guarantee you'll see he's got HBO Go where he can leave that movie on repeat while pacing and muttering to himself.
Uncle

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #48278 on: October 06, 2019, 12:06:02 PM »
https://twitter.com/ReeraTakes/status/1180787617941594112

Are the Ree mods saying making fun of Ree is ableist? Does that mean they think themselves as mentally challenged?

Chim Richalds

• Professional Doctor
« Reply #48279 on: October 06, 2019, 12:08:14 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más

Boredfrom

« Reply #48281 on: October 06, 2019, 12:39:41 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-had-the-biggest-october-opening-ever-with-93-5m-in-the-us-ww-est-234m.145390/

RE pretending that they don’t totally shit on DC films regularly and shitting on OT threads.

ShutUp

« Reply #48282 on: October 06, 2019, 01:19:59 PM »
Popcorn flick implies a light, throwaway experience that panders to a general audience and doesn't dig into the serious side of life. In spite of what Marvel critics like to claim, that is not the MCU.

:neogaf that's exactly what MCU movies are

Thor Ragnarok is about colonialism and imperialism and letting go of a monstrous past regardless of its leading to a comfortable present.

The Winter Soldier is about government stepping over personal freedoms and the effects of things like Operation Paperclip and letting fascism grow stronger right under one’s nose

Whew. The Marvel defense force meltdowns have begun  :rejoice

NekoFever

« Reply #48283 on: October 06, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »
It says something about the state of blockbusters that having themes and subtext is seen as precluding something from being a popcorn film.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #48284 on: October 06, 2019, 01:35:47 PM »
Fucking Transformers 3 is about war refugees, colonialism, imperialism and fascism collaborators

ShutUp

« Reply #48285 on: October 06, 2019, 01:37:45 PM »
Fucking Transformers 3 is about war refugees, colonialism, imperialism and fascism collaborators

Revenge of the Fallen is really about robots just wanting their giant balls be allowed to air out when they want to.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48286 on: October 06, 2019, 01:53:25 PM »
Thor Ragnarok is about colonialism and imperialism and letting go of a monstrous past regardless of its leading to a comfortable present.

The Winter Soldier is about government stepping over personal freedoms and the effects of things like Operation Paperclip and letting fascism grow stronger right under one’s nose

:snob

lmao, thor ragnarok 'is about' chris hemsworth was about to bounce because the thor films were boring as fuck

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #48287 on: October 06, 2019, 01:55:23 PM »
God i hate that "is about" shit.
Having a "mature" theme doesn't mean shit, you hear it from weebs about Anime and videogames all the time.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48288 on: October 06, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/joker-ot-viviamo-in-una-societ%C3%A0-spoilers.140109/post-25201326

Joker spoilers. But, way to not get called out for calling a small person Midget.

oh, hey, excelsheet acting like a cunt for no reason, and undoubtedly hammering the report button on the people pointing out "it sucks and they shouldn't have done it" isn't actually "criticism"

Tripon

« Reply #48289 on: October 06, 2019, 02:22:02 PM »

We're going to eat our words and deeds after Ree finally hits 50K members.  :doge

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #48290 on: October 06, 2019, 02:23:35 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

We're going to eat our words and deeds after Ree finally hits 50K members.  :doge

wait, they hit 10k bans before they hit 50k users?

:rofl

Boredfrom

« Reply #48291 on: October 06, 2019, 02:59:00 PM »
Quote from: N.Tyrano
The term “popcorn flick” has its roots in classism. Popcorn was a cheap and easy snack to serve, and resulted in a fair amount of profit, but theaters actually disliked it both for the noise it made and the kinds of people who liked to eat it, which created the idea that movie theaters featured a lesser form of entertainment that attracted a lesser form of clientele. The term “popcorn flick” evolved from this attitude so theater owners and auteurs could have a way of separating the “higher tier of production” and “cinema” from the kinds of things they showed to the so-called rabble. As theaters started to prioritize ticket and concession sales this more or less started to be less of a prevailing attitude, but it remains as a term to write off certain forms of entertainment - a reductive and flawed viewpoint, in my opinion, as I think that even the most banal and crude works of fiction can reveal important things about social attitudes and the human experience. It’s the same kind of dismissive twaddle that leads to the Academy considering animation an afterthought.

:ohyou

And from other thread:

The director invited this kind of discussion, though, both in the insistence Todd Philips made that he was making a “real movie”. The film, without getting into specific spoilers, all but states that this is one of the issues it’s confronting.

Furthermore, the recurring issues of Batman’s rogues gallery relying too much on outdated notions of mental health is also something that people have talked about a great deal. These characters don’t exist in a vacuum, and Joker’s iconic status doesn’t protect him from criticism.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/equivocating-mental-illness-and-violence.145419/

So banality is okay or not?  :thinking

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #48292 on: October 06, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »

Also the absurdity of capitalism and work culture. I got a couple smart friends who actually went in that tangent at the time. I was unconvinced.
ὕβρις

ShutUp

« Reply #48293 on: October 06, 2019, 03:18:17 PM »
The term “popcorn flick” has its roots in classism. Popcorn was a cheap and easy snack to serve, and resulted in a fair amount of profit, but theaters actually disliked it both for the noise it made and the kinds of people who liked to eat it, which created the idea that movie theaters featured a lesser form of entertainment that attracted a lesser form of clientele. The term “popcorn flick” evolved from this attitude so theater owners and auteurs could have a way of separating the “higher tier of production” and “cinema” from the kinds of things they showed to the so-called rabble. As theaters started to prioritize ticket and concession sales this more or less started to be less of a prevailing attitude, but it remains as a term to write off certain forms of entertainment - a reductive and flawed viewpoint, in my opinion, as I think that even the most banal and crude works of fiction can reveal important things about social attitudes and the human experience. It’s the same kind of dismissive twaddle that leads to the Academy considering animation an afterthought.

And from other thread:

The director invited this kind of discussion, though, both in the insistence Todd Philips made that he was making a “real movie”. The film, without getting into specific spoilers, all but states that this is one of the issues it’s confronting.

Furthermore, the recurring issues of Batman’s rogues gallery relying too much on outdated notions of mental health is also something that people have talked about a great deal. These characters don’t exist in a vacuum, and Joker’s iconic status doesn’t protect him from criticism.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/equivocating-mental-illness-and-violence.145419/

He's really having problems with his favorite movies starring talking raccoons and sentient trees being called popcorn flicks.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48294 on: October 06, 2019, 03:18:47 PM »
Quote from: N.Tyranno
One of the dumb things about Joker is that a large part of it hinges on Arthur’s terrible stand up routine going viral in a time period when video tape was uncommon and expensive and not something you just broke out willy nilly.

People accused Captain Marvel of wearing it’s setting superficially but this is a modern movie that makes you want to believe it’s set in the 1970s. It’s tied to the core problem of the movie, honestly; both it and Todd Philips’ all consuming desperation to be seen as a “real movie” with “something to say”, so it steals the iconography of other, better movies set in the same time period in order to create the illusion of a better film around itself. Aside from Phoenix’s performance, which I think comes from a legitimate place of effort and love of acting, so much around this movie feels like imitation more than homage.

:lol

Jesus, being a combination of Nintendo and Marvel stan is a really bad combo.

Boredfrom

« Reply #48295 on: October 06, 2019, 03:24:28 PM »

And from other thread:

He's really having problems with his favorite movies starring talking raccoons and sentient trees being called popcorn flicks.

I don’t exactly disagree with him about this films having something worth to talk about, but is clear he is saying this because he doesn’t want to be called out when he is mad because “pretentious problematic film from DC”, and rants about mental illness being misinterpreted in fiction (I would not disagree if it was not so transparent he is talking about all this just to defend his own banal tastes).

Talking about getting mad about films:

Except barely anyone was there. One of the people we thought was there wasn’t even there. The whole plot point is founded on the notion that someone was going to film this guy no one showed up for and then not only replicate it but pass it around. It would be one thing of this were a comedian who developed a fan following, but one disastrous stand up routine leading to it coming to the attention of a nationally televised TV show is an enormous contrivance.

:brain

ShutUp

« Reply #48296 on: October 06, 2019, 03:24:42 PM »
His routine goes viral because it was played for laughs on the talk show of his favorite comedian, who is seemingly like a Jay Leno level of popularity with casual audiences. Before social media, that's how things went viral.

ShutUp

« Reply #48297 on: October 06, 2019, 03:30:46 PM »
The club he was at looked like a full audience he went out in front of. Nobody was there for him specifically but it's not exactly shocking that as he starts to bomb with his routine that someone would start filming him and then the biggest comedian in town gets word of it and uses it for laughs on his show.

Pay attention, ERA.

Tripon

« Reply #48298 on: October 06, 2019, 03:43:22 PM »
Quote from: N.Tyranno
One of the dumb things about Joker is that a large part of it hinges on Arthur’s terrible stand up routine going viral in a time period when video tape was uncommon and expensive and not something you just broke out willy nilly.

People accused Captain Marvel of wearing it’s setting superficially but this is a modern movie that makes you want to believe it’s set in the 1970s. It’s tied to the core problem of the movie, honestly; both it and Todd Philips’ all consuming desperation to be seen as a “real movie” with “something to say”, so it steals the iconography of other, better movies set in the same time period in order to create the illusion of a better film around itself. Aside from Phoenix’s performance, which I think comes from a legitimate place of effort and love of acting, so much around this movie feels like imitation more than homage.

:lol

Jesus, being a combination of Nintendo and Marvel stan is a really bad combo.

Wut, the whole reason it went viral in Gotham is because it got played for laughs at the local late night show. There's no reason to over think it.

ShutUp

« Reply #48299 on: October 06, 2019, 03:48:03 PM »
Bringing up Captain Marvel for no reason says all you need to know about what's he trying to accomplish with that rant.