Author Topic: PS State of Play  (Read 15728 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
I'll probably buy it 3 years after it comes out super cheap on a Steam sale and never bother to play it

:yeshrug
yar

nachobro

• Live Más
so sometime around 2030

Himu

The last numbered FF announced, if you don't include XV because it was technically Versus, was revealed ten years ago with the original XIV.

Sakaguchi weeps.
IYKYK

Himu

I'll probably buy it 3 years after it comes out super cheap on a Steam sale and never bother to play it

:yeshrug

Last time we heard, it was split into three parts. So "after it comes out might literally be a decade of three separately released games".
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I look forward to playing FFVII Remake Remastered Edition on PS5 in a few years.
ど助平

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
I look forward to playing FFVII Remake Remastered Edition on PS5 Switch 2 in a few years.

Fixed

Rahxephon91

Switch 2. Where the Remastered PS4 games will just look like the PS4 version.

Rahxephon91

I can’t wait for this to come out and enjoy it while all these old fans weep.

FFVII remade as a modern game with modern production values is pretty much the point of a remake. Not a PS1 game in high Rez.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

FFVII remade as a modern game with modern production values is pretty much the point of a remake. Not a PS1 game in high Rez.

Nobody is saying it has to be exactly like the PSX version.

But if you can't spruce up the graphics on level 3 within 4 years, you have big company problems. At this point, sprucing up the graphics and just releasing it (with a better translation) like the PSX version beat-for-beat would be a better investment than whatever the hell production hell this is going through.

Four years, Rah. That's nearly as bad as Versus 13.

paprikastaude

98% of videogame remakes are the same thing in HD. And I'm not even talking about remasters.

Either way, the gameplay will probably be fine. But the atmosphere will most likely be shit. The reality is that the original wasn't yet Nomura's J-POP trash that the series became after 7, but it was actually closer to a SNES game and way more normal cartoony. Plus yeah, their production cycles are a joke. SE needs a complete reboot for their series and the way they make them like Capcom did in the last 3 years.

Chooky

But if you can't spruce up the graphics on level 3 within 4 years, you have big company problems. At this point, sprucing up the graphics and just releasing it (with a better translation) like the PSX version beat-for-beat would be a better investment than whatever the hell production hell this is going through.

it's already been public knowledge that two years ago they scrapped what work cyberconnect had done and started from scratch in-house. two years between that to this teaser seems like normal dev time. yet people constantly choose to ignore this and act like the game will never get done.

Rahxephon91

I’d actually argue that no, we’re not seeing a huge problematic development here.

Let’s say this Part 1 is a production and size of a game like FFXIII. I don’t know how it is but they claim it is so whatever. That means high production values. Top quality animation, well presented cutscenes, voice work, sound design, high fidelity visuals, detailed environments, high polly character models, plenty of game systems to program, hdr, Atmos sound, 4K visuals whatever. A AAA rpg. A new mainline Final Fantasy.

Let’s look at how long it took to develop other modern rpgs.

Dragon Quest XI-2013-2017. About 4 years. Announced in 2015
Persona 5-2011-2016-5 years.
Mass Effect A-2012-2017-6 Years
Witcher 3-2011-2015-3.5 years
Kingdom Hearts 3-2013-2019-6 years
Dragon Age I-2011-2014-3 Years
Horizon-2011-2017-6 Years
Nier 2-2014-2017-3 years
Valkyria Chronicles 4 2015-2018-Sounds like about 3 years

This isn’t factual or in depth. Just based on release date and when wiki sources for the year when the game entered production. But the point is clear, no big rpg is coming out in 2-3 years. No AAA game is taking that little.VII Remake is a brand new game. If part ones comes out this year I’m not seeing anything really crazy about it’s development time.

Himu

I find it funny smart asses like Rah say many want psx version uprezzed when honestly all I ever wanted was them to give it the REmake treatment:

- visible encounters
- high definition pre rendered backgrounds with amazing mood and atmosphere
- expanded ATB system based off of X-2
- higher difficulty to at least pre-FF7 difficulty
- shuffled structure to keep vets on their toes
- expanded materia system
- great translation
- added content
- more robust dungeons

Essentially, FFVII but better.

It’s funny how smart asses like Rah think people want some retrograde psx version when the gold standard of video game remakes - REmake - takes what worked about the original, added more features, rearranged the structure, add a new challenge (crimson heads), and just about made the greatest survival horror game ever made.

Sometimes being conservative is better than trying to reinvent the wheel especially when it comes to fucking remakes of 20 year old games. If they had made this with the guideline I made above I highly ANYONE would have complained and this would have been out by now.

Instead, SE has focused far too much on the WRONG things - again - and are paying for it while being the laughing stock of the industry by struggling to make a game whose script, gameplay, story, graphics, music, and overall production ALREADY EXIST.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 01:41:33 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Himu

it's already been public knowledge that two years ago they scrapped what work cyberconnect had done and started from scratch in-house. two years between that to this teaser seems like normal dev time. yet people constantly choose to ignore this and act like the game will never get done.

The fact they had to completely redo it is what’s hilarious. None of that changes that it’s a mother fucking remake.
IYKYK

Himu

The best part? I haven’t played it but apparently Capcom has topped SE again with REmake2! Released this year! :sabu

IYKYK

Chooky

i mean, they've made it clear from the jump that this wasn't going to be a straight remake (despite that literally being the title) and more a reimagining. i think a more traditional remake woulda been cool but it was never gonna happen. square's golden era was the 90s but for better or worse they have no desire to go back to that.

Himu

i mean, they've made it clear from the jump that this wasn't going to be a straight remake (despite that literally being the title) and more a reimagining.

That’s why it fails. Who gives a fuck about a reimagining. Just fucking remake it, stop putting it on a goddamn pedestal, get it over with. Why does FFVII need all this anyway? Just because they want to reimagine it rather than remake it doesn’t mean that’s a good thing nor worth cheering for. Especially given their post-7 output featuring long haired fruitcakes that recite bad poetry.

Also, why do I have a feeling that shitheels that defend it being a “reimagining” would be scarfing down this games pube surrounded cum teat if it were a regular ass remake in the REmake tradition? Essentially, these people are fanboys and fangirls that would like anything SE put out therefore their opinions on the subject is forfeit because they’re unashamed corporate sluts.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:02:23 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Chooky

Who gives a fuck about a reimagining.

literally millions of people across the globe?

Himu

Doubt it. You can’t prove that. Are people excited it’s a reimagining or because it’s FFVII? I bet it’s more the latter than the former.

In fact, you’re dead fucking wrong. Most people want the same. They want the cross dressing, the want the eco terrorism. Reimagining suggests something else. People the same FFVII but better, which isn’t a reimagining.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

The REmake comparison sucks because your ignoring that what they did was make a new Resident Evil game of that era. Resident Sevilla games still played like that. They remade the original as a modern RE game.

Which is what happen to REmake 2. Modern RE games are over the shoulder games. RE Remake2 changed the game to be modern.

A modern FFVII is going to be what your seeing in the remake. A far more cinematic AAA action rpg. Which is pretty much what a modern FF would be.

Also a a much smaller scale game in REmake 2 still took about 3 years to make anyway.

Rahxephon91

Also a remake is going to be a reimagining by definition. You are making the movie or game with modern tech and modern sensibilities.

Your Remake analogy is further terrible because again your comparing the development of a PS2 era game to a PS4 era. A FFVII remake that was turn based and had exactly the same story would still take years to make. Environments, models, animation, cutscenes, voice acting, music, and so on just don’t come out of their ass. Especially if you want them to be the AAA quality that Square has in main line games. REremake was also a AAA RE game of that era. So whatever this vague sense of being conversentive nonsense your saying wouldn’t equate to a easier to develop game.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 02:29:53 PM by Rahxephon91 »

thisismyusername

That just makes it even worse. Why wasn't it being done in-house before? Square has HOW MANY EMPLOYEES in Japan and they can't even get them to work on their fucking flagship title?

Rahxephon91

I mean they have plenty of people working on various flagship titles.

Kingdom Hearts.
Dragon Quest
Final Fantasy XIV
Final Fantasy 16 probably.
Final Fantasy XV up till some point.
New ip.

Also plenty of these projects are always involve outsourcing. The outsourcing didn’t work this time. But the game was never solely outsourced. And this is all very common and normal.

Himu

My thing is, I’d support them 100% with their experimental FFVII if they would bother to retranslate the original.

Defenders of the remake tell those us who want a more traditional experience to just “stick with the original”.

But the original has a broken script that is literally incomprehensible as articulated above.

With the latest FFVII re-releases SE didn’t even bother to give FFVII - its gold star game - a retranslation so the story is comprehensible in English.

In the past they have retranslated 1-6 multiple times.

So even the original isn’t ideal.

I know Japanese but others aren’t in the same boat.

It’s just pathetic all around.
IYKYK

Himu

I remember when I played FFVII in Japanese. I was shocked.

“Holy shit they gave it a literal translation. No wonder the original English script is so damn lifeless.”

So bad.
IYKYK

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
◕‿◕

Svejk

Next State of Play scheduled for Tuesday, Sept. 24th at 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT.   Suppose to run for about 20 minutes.
"new game reveals, new content from PlayStation's Worldwide Studios, and a host of other updates"

Svejk

Last of Us 2 is pretty much confirmed be in it.  A release date I'm gonna assume.  (I'd rather have that than see more "gameplay").   

If they stealth dropped a FFVIIR demo, that would be tits.... but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

Svejk

Starting in 10 minutes. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Se can shove this remake up their ass as far as I care

Ill wait for the complete game
What

Svejk

The fact they have to put a Dooty on there shows they really don't have much of shit to show.  :doge

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
Wattam is still a thing? Jesus :lol

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Wait is FF Remake now 3 parts?

Square sure as shit love milking these things these days.

God damn State Of Play is lame so far.

Medievil looks just as bad as I remember it, don't get tricked

Civ and all other games like this play like shit on console. Who cares?

thisismyusername

Starting in 10 minutes. 

I gotta admit, Civ6 coming after the Shitch version is  :lol :dead worthy, but good to see full-Civ FINALLY hit consoles (even if Revolution was better, IMO)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
MLB and Last Of Us Remaster on PS+ for october.

Ending on TLOU2 trailer, this was a shitty nintendo direct.

If Ellie cannot get infection, surely this game is pure easy mode, well apart from humans trying to kill her.

Feb 21st 2020 for TLOU2 cool I guess.

thisismyusername

Feb 21st 2020 for TLOU2 cool I guess.

It'sBeen84Years.gif

But yeah, that trailer was shit and was just a bunch of "Ellie gets grabbed, CUT AWAY" moments.

Svejk

I didn't even want to see anymore gameplay... just give me the date (which they did).   Hmmm...  With FFVIIR and Cyberpunk a few weeks after, it's gonna be a a crazy Spring yet again... 

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
:snore

The YT stream chat was just filled with "WHERE IS BATMAN?!?!" comments.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Ghoul

The trailer was shit and they also gave a massive spoiler which I think they should had just held back IMO.

Svejk

:snore

The YT stream chat was just filled with "WHERE IS BATMAN?!?!" comments.  :lol
Damn. missed that... sounds more entertaining. lol

Ghoul

I'll buy the controller solo, the PS4 is crap and also who buys a pro with only a year to go until the 5? Morons that's who.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
PEE CONTROLLER was best part of the show.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/MaybeSomeDayX1/status/1176594551114469376

All the comments are just talking about the pee color controller.  :lol
ど助平

Svejk

:ufup  Not just ANY pee... Normus Reedus Def Stranding pee.

Svejk

They beat me to it.  :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
:ufup  Not just ANY pee... Normus Reedus Def Stranding pee.

They missed a...golden...opportunity to not have those handprints in yellow.  :awesome
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
ps4 pro is still $400? damn who is paying that much for some shit thats gonna be out of date in a year?

Svejk

Or the hand prints in brown...  I love 2nd grade toilet humor.

Milk, milk, lemonade.. around the corner, fudge is made

thisismyusername

Wattam is still a thing? Jesus :lol

It looked charming. But yeah, the Noby Noby Boy dude takes FOREVER.

Civ 6, the Hell Buddy game, and this were the highlights (and Civ6 is old so...) the rest was snore-ville.

Please stop doing these, Sony. You fail at them.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Last of Us 2 looks pretty good, Nothing too shocking shown, tbh, graphics are fantastic of course (aside from the horses, those are still better in RDR2).
However i swear to God, if Joel is just some bullshit hallucination i'll lose any respect for ND's storytelling ability.  :-\

Didn't care about anything else in State of Play.

paprikastaude

:snore not even batman. naughty dog still pretentious trash.

the second last PSX or so was one the best conferences I can think of, go back to that please.

Rahxephon91

Kind of shitty that Civilization 6 dosent have everything bundled together.

Akala

• Easy Victor
the baby in the controller.  :lol

kingv

They must be saving Batman for a Treehouse Live.

Svejk

Tbh, some of those VR games seemed kinda cool.  I was hoping Ghost of Tsushima would be shown more, but it's sounding like it's kinda being pushed for PS5 launch instead at this point.

Svejk

Last of Us 2 looks pretty good, Nothing too shocking shown, tbh, graphics are fantastic of course (aside from the horses, those are still better in RDR2).
However i swear to God, if Joel is just some bullshit hallucination i'll lose any respect for ND's storytelling ability.  :-\
That would suck quite a bit if they did that, yes.  I'm trying to remain optimistic, but I'm already telling myself that I'm not going to enjoy the story as much as the first.  Having a daughter of my own, the first hit all sorts of feels.  Unless Joel plays a much larger part and sacrifices himself for Ellie in some way, I would honestly prefer that. 

Knowing now that TLOU2 will be out before FFVIIR and Cyberpunk, I need to readjust my gaming calendar.  It's rather pitiful that I need to do such things just to play what I can, and want to play with what little time I have to play...  ...

I like to do, what I can do, when I can do it.

paprikastaude

people say they show RE3 tomorrow. but tbf everyone said last time there'd be a video with a new batman game.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 08:01:24 PM by Spieler1 »

Svejk

I'm glad this is showing early in the morning this go round.  Would like to get it out of the way and go on with my day.
If they show anything RE3, it'll be a 10 second CGI teaser I bet, nothing more.   I just hope they don't show more stuff of games we already know that's coming and have shown plenty of already...  like hey, here's 10 more minutes of FFVIIR.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
just heard from a streamer I trust that Sony is not even going to release a PS5 now, just put all their games out exclusively on every platform, it's the end of the Playstation brand officially