Author Topic: PS State of Play  (Read 15716 times)

Svejk

PS State of Play
« on: March 25, 2019, 11:36:13 AM »
The first of a new video showcase form Sony drops this afternoon 5pm est.   Sony can't stand the individualized attention Nintendo gets with their pre-recorded showcases.  :lol I say good idea, Sony. 
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/03/22/state-of-play-playstations-new-video-showcase-debuts-monday/

State of Play will give you updates and announcements from the world of PlayStation. Our first episode will showcase upcoming PS4 and PS VR software, including new trailers, new game announcements and new gameplay footage.

Most are speculating that this will simply be a revised E3 of sorts, touching on already announced games like Last of Us II, Def Stranding, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, etc..  Wonder if they'll drop any hints of PS5 yet?  My guess is, not this go round.  But I think this is a good approach as it cuts out all the BS (hopefully) and gets straight to the cream of the crop.  Seems to work for Nintendo!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:12:34 PM by Svejk »

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Copying Nintendo is what made Playstation number 1 for 25 years now.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Do I have to take off work for these or nah?
©@©™

Svejk

I'll probably still be working come 5pm.   :goty

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
I'll probably still be working come 5pm.   :goty

Oh booh hooh. I probably will be too by 5pm EST.

And I'm in the UK.

Raist

Here's some livestream links, btw.

https://www.twitch.tv/playstation

5tate of play. March 25th. 5pm.

PS5 reveal confirmed.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
©ZH

Raist

Iron Man VR :lol

Svejk

Ok.... I'm now interested in No Man's Sky!  Wonder how broken it'll be though.  :lol  "Yeah... we'll have a total of 2 planets to explore at launch of update. "

Raist

VR everywhere.

Raist

Fight Nights at Freddy's VR

:dead

team filler

• filler
  • filler
sony direct  ::)

team filler

• filler
  • filler
offbrand direct is  :trash

Svejk

That was beyond   :snore :boring :trigger

Raist

Nintendo invented everything waaah waaaaaaah  :crybaby

Jax confirmed for MK11 btw.

Raist

H.A.L simulator 2k19

Observation is a sci-fi thriller uncovering what happened to Dr. Emma Fisher, and the crew of her mission, through the lens of the station’s artificial intelligence S.A.M. Players assume the role of S.A.M. by operating the station’s control systems, cameras, and tools to assist Emma in discovering what is happening to the station, the vanished crew, and S.A.M. himself.

Could be interesting.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Observation is a sci-fi thriller uncovering what happened to Dr. Emma Fisher, and the crew of her mission, through the lens of the station’s artificial intelligence S.A.M. Players assume the role of S.A.M. by operating the station’s control systems, cameras, and tools to assist Emma in discovering what is happening to the station, the vanished crew, and S.A.M. himself.

fat

Raist

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
games like Last of Us II, Def Stranding, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, etc..  Wonder if they'll drop any hints of PS5 yet?
:ohyou

Raist

(Image removed from quote.)

Fucking hell, copying Kinect too? Will somebody stop Sony?

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Never heard of this game. Sounds like a dumpster fire
[close]

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Hey, glad it was just 20 minutes of boring shit instead of two-plus hours like E3 would have been.  :doge

After they opened it with Iron Man VR -98% shitty-looking "NOT ACTUAL GAME PLAY" crap with like 2% garbo game play- I knew this wasn't going to be anything good.

The best thing was Mortal Kombat 11...which was a glorified story trailer.  In fact, that kind of was a lot of the stuff shown.  Game play?  What's that?  HERE'S SOME CUT SCENES, BITCH!

:snore
ど助平

Raist

games like Last of Us II, Def Stranding, Dreams, Ghost of Tsushima, etc..  Wonder if they'll drop any hints of PS5 yet?
:ohyou

What about that Furry version of Gauntlet. So 2019.

Svejk

My work was more interesting than that whole thing was...  that stunk like fucked butthole, Sony.

Glad to see Everybody's Golf VR coming soon though.  Stoked about it.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
H.A.L simulator 2k19

Could be interesting.

It's Devolver, so it's going to be on PC where I can get it for $5 in a year. :rejoice

That and the one VR Night and Day or whatever FBI game seemed interesting. Everything else is a snoozefest, and I'm surprised Days Gone hasn't been shitcanned since the animations and shit in that trailer just scream "please cancel me. I'm years late."

Potato

• Senior's Member
Good to see Sony maintain their perfect record when trying to copy Nintendo. PlayStation All-stars, PlayStation Classic, PS Move, Sony Direct.
Spud

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
Sony is just saving its load to make sure the PS5 is another 100 million seller

Svejk

I'm assuming they'll have the inevitable PS5 reveal using this method then? 

Even though it's a lackluster start, it's still better than waiting for 1-2 hour trade show shits that have so much other uninteresting crap.

Huff

• stronger ties you have, more power you gain
Glad I don’t play video games anymore
dur

Raist

Sony is just saving its load to make sure the PS5 is another 100 million seller

I mean, they do have at least 4 major first party titles coming up.

I'm assuming they'll have the inevitable PS5 reveal using this method then? 

Even though it's a lackluster start, it's still better than waiting for 1-2 hour trade show shits that have so much other uninteresting crap.

I'd expect something similar to what they did for the PS4.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Do I have to take off work for these or nah?
Taking off work for off brand nintendo snippets? :ufup

Svejk

Next one is is dropping Thursday, May 9, at 3 p.m. PT. 

The next State of Play will offer an “extended look” at the PlayStation 4 remake of MediEvil
I'm sorry, but did anyone really ask for this???  I can think of PLENTY of other remakes they could've done.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Next one is is dropping Thursday, May 9, at 3 p.m. PT. 

Aw, 6 PM ET?  I was hoping it would be a bit earlier so I could fall asleep quick for a nap.
ど助平

BisMarckie

Oh yeah! MediEvil!!!

-said by maybe three British guys.

Raist

Another one?

Nice.

Can't wait to watch people get hyped as fucked for a surprise PS5 reveal with BB2, HZD2 and GT7 for launch and then cry when it doesn't happen.

Svejk

There's speculation now that something related FF7 Remake will be hinted at tomorrow...
https://twitter.com/shinjihashimot3/status/1125882177445490688
Shinji Hashimoto, the brand manager for the Final Fantasy series, quoted PlayStation’s tweet regarding their State of Play presentation with “Oh. You’ve come,” further causing speculation.
https://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-vii-remake-playstation-state-of-play-tease/
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hinted that it started over development probably.  :dead
[close]

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Isn't this 10 minutes? If you include the Medievil and opening/closing montages shenanigans, it's probably gonna be more like 3 actual minutes.
Hardly anything of note.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Absolutely nothing worth value. :lol

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
I couldn't even tell the difference between the new FF7R footage and the 2 years old one.  ???

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Any minor interest I had in the FF7 remake died when I found out it would have an action oriented battle system. Menu based or gtfo, plz.
yar

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
FFVII remake isn't real.
Hi

Rahxephon91

Well I mean they showed Arieth and Seph, plus stuff after the opening.

It was an actual good trailer.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Well I mean they showed Arieth and Seph, plus stuff after the opening.

It was an actual good trailer.
It's been years since the last trailer though, and it's still the same opening area, looking (graphically) about the same.
I would hope they had an Aerith model at this point.

I mean whatever, it's not like i'm here waiting at the edge of my seat at this point, but it's comical how little they have to show, still.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
I thought they said FFVII was going to be episodic, no?  Them showing the beginning area makes sense when that's probably all we're going to get for a while.  :doge
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
Starting to think we won't even get out of Midgar in the first episode.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~

Wow, it almost looks like they have a video game that's eventually going to ship

paprikastaude

Raist

I couldn't even tell the difference between the new FF7R footage and the 2 years old one.  ???

It's completely different stuff...?

Or do you mean, technically?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Svejk

I suppose I'm glad they just do these rando little drops rather than they save all this snoozery for E3 or whatnot.  And every 6 weeks?  ..Sure... ok. 

Not gonna lie though, I'm hype for FFVIIR.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

It's completely different stuff...?

Or do you mean, technically?
I do mean technically, but even the area, isn't that mostly from the starting mission? anyway, i thought they had started development over, i don't get what is taking so long, tbh.

Svejk

I'm assuming they're piecing together/structuring the following episodes at the same time in order to have more consistent follow up releases (like a 1-1.5 years apart-ish?).  If it takes this long for each episode...  cripes all mighty.  :fbm

In the mean time, going back to playing FFVIIHD (OpenGL) on my phone.  :rejoice
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 08:41:15 AM by Svejk »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
They're supposed to be "full-sized games on par with Final Fantasy XIII", even if the story and Midgar is as developed as I'm hoping for, I can't see how we wouldn't be done with Midgar by the end.

FFXIII?  Oh, OK- so it can work, then- you'll spend 40 hours walking in a straight line through that repeating city area shown in the trailer!
ど助平

Svejk

Rahxephon91

They're supposed to be "full-sized games on par with Final Fantasy XIII", even if the story and Midgar is as developed as I'm hoping for, I can't see how we wouldn't be done with Midgar by the end.

FFXIII?  Oh, OK- so it can work, then- you'll spend 40 hours walking in a straight line through that repeating city area shown in the trailer!
Sounds good to me. I’m tired of side quest open world bloat in games. I just want a good critical path to follow with little tedium.

But I think they just meant 3 FFXIII level productions, not structure.

Fifstar

What's up with the FF VII gameplay scenes looking like a PS3 game at best?
Gulp

Himu

> Fans ask for an FFVII remake for 10+ years
> SE finally announces a remake
> Said remake is an action rpg and split into three parts
> A proper retranslation of FFVII in English has yet to happen despite I-VI having multiple translations and the fact that VII's original translation is literally incomprehensible. For example, the use of the word "clone" had people arguing on FF boards for years when the proper word is "doll" or "puppet". This is a basic core part of the games story and even that is presented incorrectly in the original script.
>SE has decided to leave fans of the original FFVII adrift, with no new translation in English, catering to bring in new fans with a remake by giving it an action-based battle system despite old fans of the game requesting it all this time.

For these reasons and many others, I will not be purchasing this remake despite FFVII's place as a landmark game in my life and not only my first Final Fantasy, but also my first RPG.

Toast, SE.

Oh, and btw, fuck you.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 11:35:25 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Bebpo

As someone who doesn't care about FF7 outside Cosmo Canyon music which still rocks, nothing in the trailer does much for me. Visually looks nice to me though.
But I'll play it when it comes out someday and hopefully it's somewhat fun, even if kinda shallow arpg.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Since this is Square, I expect it to be an "action"* RPG instead of an action-RPG, I.E. *= not quite an action-RPG and still has 20 menus you need to go through before you can do anything.  :doge
ど助平

kingv

I just hope they don’t ruin Barrett’s authentic black experience.