Author Topic: SAMURAI SHODOWN!!!!  (Read 30203 times)

Akala

• Easy Victor
Re: SAMURAI SHODOWN!!!!
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2019, 05:04:29 PM »
good for the game. if they would have included the season pass i'd maybe be a little salty but eh. wanted to support/play anyway.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: July 28, 2019, 04:42:43 PM »
Don't worry about tiers and just use who you like- Darli Dagger is now being listed as trash tier too, btw.  :doge
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: July 29, 2019, 10:04:48 AM »
Yeah I'm not a tier junkie, just find it morbidly funny that my fav character was designated as trash so early.

Fuck 'em- Kyoshiro rocks.  :rock
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2019, 07:07:29 AM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #185 on: August 04, 2019, 08:40:51 PM »
It's been revealed that Shizumaru Hisame will be coming to Samurai Shodown as a free DLC fighter in September 2019.

In addition to this, gameplay was shown for Rimururu, Basara, Kazuki Kazama, and Wan-Fu. Remember that these fighters will be releasing in August, October, November, and December of 2019.

The upcoming combatant, Shizumaru Hisame, first appeared in Samurai Shodown 3. One of his cinematic attacks has him using an umbrella to shield himself from the opponent's raining blood.

SNK still had more announcements to make. Clearly they've been very busy.

The first character that will be part of Samurai Shodown's Season 2 pack in 2020 has also been revealed. Mina Majikina apparently came in first place for the Samurai Shodown DLC character popularity poll.

Three other silhouettes were also present. These images appear to be placeholders as they all looked exactly the same. Still, this does tell us that there will be at least 4 combatants joining Samurai Shodown via season 2.

:phil
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #186 on: August 04, 2019, 09:26:07 PM »
:hyper

Bebpo

« Reply #187 on: August 04, 2019, 09:46:41 PM »
Oh nice, bunny girl is in.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #189 on: August 05, 2019, 09:50:55 AM »
They are giving me pretty much all I wanted aside from a date on the PC version.  :preach

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #190 on: August 05, 2019, 01:29:13 PM »
Going by their other games, we'll get an announcement date and PC release pretty quickly after in the fall or winter.
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #191 on: August 05, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
God I need this game
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #192 on: August 05, 2019, 01:44:45 PM »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #193 on: August 06, 2019, 10:14:12 PM »
I went on to check Rimururu and am just now realizing they wanted us to redeem the season pass on the store in the first week. Which I didn't do.  :brain :goty2 :PP :stahp

*edit* saw something online it was only for physical copies...it looked like it said purchased 6/25 and it let me get Nakoruru old texture...maybe/hopefully it's just jobbed at moment.  :doge

*edit2* goes live tomorrow.  ::) :lol
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 10:26:53 PM by Akala »

Himu

« Reply #194 on: August 07, 2019, 01:55:37 AM »
Does the new Sam Sho have A+B as heavy slash? One problem I have with SNK fighters is their unique control schemes. Like any other fighter would have a heavy slash button. SNK instead makes it A+B and some other weird control schemes no one else in the fighting game industry does.

Seems this doesn’t use AB for heavy. Glad they got rid of that dodge button from SSVS.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:07:08 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Bebpo

« Reply #195 on: August 07, 2019, 03:27:06 AM »
Since I play on a 4 face button DS4 I actually prefer 4 button fighters these days even if it’s lame and less depth. 20+ years of playing on PS controllers and I still can’t pull off combos that use L1/R1 inputs mixed in with face inputs.

I mean my favorite fighter VF only uses 3 buttons and has tons of depth so idk

Himu

« Reply #196 on: August 07, 2019, 03:33:02 AM »
Buttons has nothing to do with depth. Blazblue is a four button game.
IYKYK

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #197 on: August 07, 2019, 03:45:46 AM »
KoF is a four button game and that's obviously the superior franchise since the mid nineties.
 :jgames
ὕβρις

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #198 on: August 07, 2019, 02:17:36 PM »
Rimururu is way better than I was expecting, pretty varied moveset with a trollish/Yuri amount of uguu. Kind of surprised considering I never liked her much in the old games.

They also added in an SS3ish winter stage!  :jeb

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #199 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
Rimururu is way better than I was expecting, pretty varied moveset with a trollish/Yuri amount of uguu. Kind of surprised considering I never liked her much in the old games.

I liked using Rimururururururuuru in SS4- if she's anything close to the original version, I might use her.  TROLLISH is the magic word.
:phil

They also added in an SS3ish winter stage!  :jeb

It's her SS3 stage.  :)
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #200 on: August 07, 2019, 02:49:31 PM »
figured, but wasn't sure, looked at quick.  :D

Bebpo

« Reply #201 on: August 07, 2019, 02:50:26 PM »
Oh nice, so a new stage for each character added? That's cool.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #202 on: August 07, 2019, 02:54:18 PM »
Here is hoping.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #203 on: August 07, 2019, 07:42:50 PM »
They showed off two additional other stages, IIRC.  It's good to see them doing this...and for free, no less.
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #204 on: August 07, 2019, 10:55:45 PM »
Ran through story mode with Rimururu, fun move set but I suck with these lower damage short range fast characters. Can you juggle off the b, d, db horizontal ice spike that bounces enemies off the wall? Seems like you should but I couldn’t connect any follow up.

This loading though, man bring on the PC version. I did 1 round story mode and my game timer was like 6-7 mins and real time 20 mins had passed and I skipped everything I could. Less than 50% of the time was actually playing. I get this is less of an issue in 2p with instant rematches over and over but I have no one to play against  :'(

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2019, 06:45:12 AM »
Play....

Online!   :o
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2019, 01:10:58 PM »
Ok, so the deal with me and online in MP games is I like playing online against friends whether irl friends or internet realm friends,

but while playing against random strangers is ok, since I don't know these people and I don't use voice chat or anything it just feels like playing a cpu on a high setting if I'm not that good and everything is better than me. I think being able to chat and talk about stuff while playing is a big deal for me. It's why I don't mind playing with strangers in FF14 since I'm on a kb+m and chatting while we do dungeons and stuff.

I also don't have a lot of internet friends. Just like you guys, so it's hard for me to play with people I know. I'm down to play with any of ya if we set times like a day before so I can make sure I'm free. I'm west coast and I know some of you are east coast so it's tough for weeknights.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2019, 02:14:22 PM »
You've brought this up before- Can't speak for everyone, but generally when playing competitive games I don't do voice chat and find that a lot of people are the same.  It's distracting (or annoying if you get matched up with some moron).  I also tend to go for 1-on-1 modes more than lobbies which can be less "chill."

Definitely can depend on the game since in something like SFV, nobody talks since mics aren't even available!  You have to be in a party.  But then in something like DOA, lobbies usually have people with mics talking about whatever.

Not to say that I wouldn't be up for playing and chatting with you if you'd like, because am always down to play with fellow BORITOS. :)
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #208 on: August 14, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
A big balance patch has been released- GENJURO AND YOSHITORA NERFS!  Shiki and Kyoshiro better now!  Darli buffs!
:rejoice
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #209 on: August 14, 2019, 08:55:26 AM »
good stuff in patch notes, although I am not sure why you'd remove the invin on DP moves unless in max rage?  :doge

will check out later, looks like move speed increased across the board, wonder how that will work/if it's enough to affect overall match pace.

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/news/ss_patch_1.11_eng.pdf

Rman

« Reply #210 on: August 14, 2019, 01:25:55 PM »
I'm loving this game. Def my fav fighter of the gen so far.

Can't wait for the Switch version to play on the go.

Himu

« Reply #211 on: August 14, 2019, 01:46:33 PM »
Ok, so the deal with me and online in MP games is I like playing online against friends whether irl friends or internet realm friends,

but while playing against random strangers is ok, since I don't know these people and I don't use voice chat or anything it just feels like playing a cpu on a high setting if I'm not that good and everything is better than me. I think being able to chat and talk about stuff while playing is a big deal for me. It's why I don't mind playing with strangers in FF14 since I'm on a kb+m and chatting while we do dungeons and stuff.

I also don't have a lot of internet friends. Just like you guys, so it's hard for me to play with people I know. I'm down to play with any of ya if we set times like a day before so I can make sure I'm free. I'm west coast and I know some of you are east coast so it's tough for weeknights.

We never chat while playing fighters. We might discuss things between matches though.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »
A big balance patch has been released- GENJURO AND YOSHITORA NERFS!  Shiki and Kyoshiro better now!  Darli buffs!

What about Galford?
IYKYK

Rman

« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2019, 08:06:27 AM »

What about Galford?
They released extensive notes.

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/games/samuraishodown/news/ss_patch_1.11_eng.pdf

Check out this video.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2019, 07:36:15 AM »
Posted in two threads cuz too sweet!

Looks great!  Nice to see a non-shitty port from them on Switch after SNK Heroines.
ど助平

Rman

« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2019, 08:17:43 AM »
Picking this up for sure. Love fighters on portables.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #216 on: September 09, 2019, 11:49:30 PM »
When did this come out? There is a Ukyo and Nako one as well.

I didn't think the standard minis came with all the old samshos?

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #217 on: September 10, 2019, 12:05:18 AM »
When did this come out? There is a Ukyo and Nako one as well.

I didn't think the standard minis came with all the old samshos?

(Image removed from quote.)

Right-click image->"Search this image on Google":

Quote from: August 6th, 2019 Slowtaku
Our original review called the Neo Geo Mini arcade-style retro console “cute, but an imperfect nostalgia trip.” The Samurai Shodown limited edition, released this week to celebrate the latest entry in the long-running fighting game series, is exactly that, but it comes with more stuff and looks so much nicer

https://kotaku.com/the-samurai-shodown-limited-edition-neo-geo-mini-is-cle-1836996031

So last month.

https://www.amazon.com/Samurai-Shodown-Limited-not-machine-specific/dp/B07T4JL1BM

$140 (without S&H) and apparently the emulation is "not so good" according to Kotaku comments. So you'd be buying it for the "cool" factor.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #218 on: September 10, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »
It's just another variation following the international and Christmas versions, but the game lineup is the same as the regular Japanese version, IIRC.  They have color schemes for Haohmaru, Ukyo, Nakoruru, and Kuroko, some at generally jacked-up prices over the standard versions by import sellers, despite the fact that that nothing is different about them.  I want to say I saw the Kuroko one listed for $250+ recently, lol.

AFAIK the emulation on the NeoGeo Mini is fine and the screen is pretty good- the general complaints are that the controls aren't great on both the unit and the pads, plus TV-out kinda sucks.  You can get standalone units for $85 right now- might get one for shits n' giggles if it gets dumped for $50-$60.

Also to note is that SNK just recently announced a new arcade stick that not only works with the Mini (and PC), but has TV out and 20 built-in games (not revealed yet) of its own.  Interested to see if the TV output on this thing is any better.

https://www.snk-corp.co.jp/us/press/2019/091003/

Joystick Mode

In this mode, you can use the arcade stick normally by simply plugging it into a NEOGEO mini or PC. We guarantee a solid experience with this arcade stick.

Console Mode

In this mode, simply connect the stick via an HDMI cable into a TV and get ready to enjoy some of SNK’s finest fighting games. There are 20 pre-installed NEOGEO classics just waiting to be played. You can even rearrange the button layout in the options menu. Also, you can attach NEOGEO mini PAD controllers or even another NEOGEO Arcade Stick Pro for some glorious 2-Player action!
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #219 on: September 10, 2019, 09:08:53 AM »
I probably would have impulse grabbed a samsho mini if it was under $100 last night lol. I saw the full size stick they just announced but I don’t find it as cool as the mini I think. Not that I need any more mini anything  :doge

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #220 on: September 11, 2019, 12:56:38 AM »

:jeb

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #221 on: September 20, 2019, 10:52:53 AM »
Shizumaru is awesome, bring on Basara.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2019, 09:19:39 AM »
:joker

Strangely less hype for Basara by the trailer for some reason, not sure if they nailed the look. Giving benefit of the doubt since they've done great so far, really curious how close they stick to his original outtros. 

Few new screens making the rounds:

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »
:gladbron

Play-Asia has pre-orders for the Switch Samurai Spirits CE version up again (with NeoGeo AES style case)- pre-ordered the version that comes with a Switch carrying case. :hyper
:lawd
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2019, 04:41:56 PM »
I am waiting on impressions for the switch one...honestly may wait on a sale for. I want the PC rev for sure though.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #226 on: October 11, 2019, 10:51:39 AM »
It's already confirmed to be 60 FPS and not a shit port like SNK Heroines was.  We're good. :pimp

Looks great!  Nice to see a non-shitty port from them on Switch after SNK Heroines.

Why does the trailer music sound like the feudal-Japanese version of DMX's "Ruff Ryders' Anthem?"  :lol
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 10:55:43 AM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #227 on: October 24, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »
Water...has...leaked!  :rimshot

Sogetsu being added got leaked:

ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #228 on: October 24, 2019, 04:43:46 PM »
Dope. I mean you can't have one w/o the other so not shocking.  :lol

Would be nice if free but I am guessing S2.

Basara I am not feeling for some reason. May just be due to fact I have been playing around with characters I never really messed with all that much and don't want to change up, not sure...his play style is the same.

It's also shameful this isn't in:

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2019, 10:53:21 PM »
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #230 on: November 18, 2019, 11:10:48 PM »
Kazuki is awesome, they nailed it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #231 on: November 19, 2019, 07:50:04 AM »
The Switch port has been delayed until next year...in North America.  The Japanese version is still showing as coming out next month.

Kazuki is awesome, they nailed it.

Played around with him for a bit yesterday- lots of fun, although I miss the Bust version style moves from SS4.
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #232 on: November 19, 2019, 08:44:03 AM »
I was actually thinking about SLASH/BUST last night as I was having fun messing around and thought the rage suicide move was a bit different? It doesn't feel that useful in comparison to the weapon flip, but didn't play around too much. I couldn't remember for sure whether he played more like the SLASH moveset (I really didn't play him much as liked Sogetsu more), but was pretty sure it was. His SSM is an awesome throwback, but wasn't that for the BUST? I'd have to look back.

I wonder if they are contemplating bringing the different movesets back at all, and if so would they wait for a full sequel or push through in an update? Also wonder if they would even keep the US wording or move to the JP 'Chivalry/Treachery.' They tease Amakusa at the endings, I am kind of thinking he would be saved for a sequel but they have been good with updating so far...can see S2 being pretty good. I at least expect a better character select screen.

Overall just really hope they can pull off all the things they are planning with the game. No one is thrilled a Stadia version is pushing out the Switch/Steam versions, but hopefully it was a decent moneyhat that can be put back into the game.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2019, 09:00:10 AM »
Doubt that Slash/Bust is coming back and am OK with that TBH- this is basically the 2.5D version of SSV and most of the characters generally feel more "complete" this way.  IIRC Bust Kazuki didn't have any of the fireball attacks and had multi-hit kick attacks instead.

I just hope that the Stadia version doesn't mean they aren't releasing this on Steam, but then again I expect it to be dead on arrival there anyway in terms of players online.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 09:17:14 AM by pork »
ど助平

kingv

« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2019, 09:16:36 AM »
It's already confirmed to be 60 FPS and not a shit port like SNK Heroines was.  We're good. :pimp

I feel like it has to be intentional. It sounds too much like it.

Why does the trailer music sound like the feudal-Japanese version of DMX's "Ruff Ryders' Anthem?"  :lol

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »
 ???

I heard the rumor about no Steam as well but find it hard to believe.  :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #236 on: November 19, 2019, 09:22:12 AM »
Unless they got money-hatted and switched to Stadia, the Steam port is still coming.  Hope that isn't the case- one of the SNK dudes was saying on Twitter how he worked to convince the company prez to NOT make the game Epic Store exclusive.  :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #237 on: December 11, 2019, 11:46:37 AM »
This is out in Japan for Switch now- runs in full English.  It got delayed by a few months over here and I couldn't wait, so  got the digital version. :drool

https://twitter.com/lyteedge/status/1204792753831342082

:lawd
ど助平

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #238 on: December 11, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »
Choooo. Does it include pass for S1?

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2019, 12:18:15 PM »
Choooo. Does it include pass for S1?

You have to buy the season pass separately, but it's on the cheaper side.  I grabbed the "deluxe" version with the DLC characters since it is (was?) discounted pre-release.
ど助平