Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 14892 times)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Re: BorderLands - Mask of Mayhem
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2019, 02:41:43 PM »
My experience with Borderlands was playing the Vita port for a little bit whenever that came out.  It was buggy and fucked up on me, so I quit pretty early. 

Just picked up all the games and all their DLC on Steam for $40.  Most of that was BL1 Enhanced- BL2+all DLC and Pre-Sequel+all DLC was like $13.

Could have spent at least 20$ less if you looked at one of those key reselling sites.. Just bought BL1 enhanced for 5 euro's.
What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2019, 02:44:30 PM »
I'm actually back to playing games on console, the pc space is way too annoying right now, I pretty much just play pc exclusives on pc, so mostly startegy games.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2019, 03:42:54 PM »
I'm actually back to playing games on console, the pc space is way too annoying right now, I pretty much just play pc exclusives on pc, so mostly startegy games.

:confused
ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2019, 04:01:03 PM »
Too epic.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2019, 05:20:04 PM »
They adjusted, but it's still shit bro. Games are still finetuned so that they are just not annoying enough to spend some extra cash.

It's just actively making games worse, and if you don't see that I don't see how you even play games.

Instead of unlocking a character in a fighting game, or having a cheats menu you could fuck around with, nowadays it's all locked away behind a fucking paywall. It's just the worst.

Things like loot and progression were always there, even without microtransactions. Diablo 3 was perfect with loot. But what if you could buy packs of coins or legendary's?

It's just shit man. And don't tell me it's not true because there really are no positives about any of it. Season passes, pre-order bonusses and bullshit exclusives, microtransactions, early access pay to play early bullshit. It's all crap man. Nothing good for me as the consumer.

And hell yeah there are games where this kind of stuff isn't even active. But even a great JRPG like Persona 5 had buyable costumes instead of cool stuff to unlock.
What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2019, 02:03:28 AM »

:confused
Not interested in having 3000 launchers on my pc

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2019, 03:05:43 AM »
But you'll pay a premium to play at 30fps? :I

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2019, 04:45:28 AM »
I account share so I pay half price for everything  :gddr5 :trumps :ltg

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2019, 06:32:43 AM »
Fair enough. :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2019, 02:31:29 PM »
EGS exclusivity is only six months, they didn't even get the full year. :lol

Somewhat ironically, they just pushed out updates to all the Steam versions including automatically giving away for free the GOTY version of the first game along with the enhanced one. The first game's ENHANCED version even has been updated and fixed regarding all the FOV, resolution issues and other console garbage that the first PC version had to deal with (that they did such a promotional push for how they rectified this in 2) plus all your saves cross over.
Borderlands: Game of the Year Enhanced OUT NOW!

If you already own the original Borderlands on Steam, you’re all set! Borderlands: Game of the Year Enhanced should already be in your Steam library absolutely free!

What’s New
Visually Remastered: The improved lighting, textures, and character models shine on PC. Enhancements apply to the base game, as well as all add-on content.

Quality of Life Improvements: Significant updates to the game’s supporting systems allow for a smoother overall experience. For example:
-- A Borderlands 2-style mini-map, which you can toggle on and off, has been added to complement the original compass
-- Substantial improvements to the inventory system—such as allowing you to “lock” weapons or mark them as “junk”—simplify item management
-- Items like ammo, money, and health now auto-pick up from the ground

Rewards Ready: With the addition of the SHiFT player rewards program, you can now use Golden Keys to unlock special in-game items and rewards. Returning SHiFT users who’ve played Borderlands 2 or The Pre-Sequel on PC will receive 75 free Golden Keys, as well as two randomly selected all-new weapons, for their first newly-created Vault Hunter.

Added Firepower: A new set of six named, custom-skinned Legendary weapons make the base game’s arsenal even deeper. Beat bosses or gather Golden Keys for a chance to collect ‘em all.

Badder Boss Battle: In direct response to fan feedback, the campaign’s final boss encounter has been adjusted to be more engaging, challenging, and rewarding.

Cosmetic Customization: For the first time, you will be able to customize your Vault Hunter beyond simply selecting a color scheme. Each of the four available characters has five brand new cosmetic heads unlocked and equippable right from the start of the game.

ALL DLC: Didn’t own any Borderlands DLC? Now you got it all! On BOTH the original game and in Borderlands: Game of the Year Enhanced!
2 and The Pre-Sequel also got patches alongside the 4K texture pack downloads:
What’s New?
The Ultra HD Texture Pack is a free visual upgrade available to both new and existing product owners. On PC, players will have the option to download the texture pack for Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Borderlands 2 separately.

The Ultra HD Texture Pack includes:
Remastered 4K environment textures, including geometry and skyboxes
Remastered 4K characters and vehicles
Remastered 4K weapon meshes and textures
Improved Anti-Aliasing, including improved edge line implementation
-- This includes improved ink line definition and framing/outline around character models
Higher Resolution Dynamic Shadows
-- Improved quality and smoothness of shadows, especially during movement
Improved Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
--An improved SSAO method for more realistic ambient lighting

Please note that some of the above visual improvements are automatically enabled when the Texture Pack is installed. There is no need to manually enable them in the in-game Video settings menu.
Seems they might have actually ported the first game to 2's version of the engine as I can't imagine backporting all those features... either that or all of them to Unreal 4? I don't remember if the PS4/Xbone Handsome Collection were on 4 like the Batman re-releases were ported.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2019, 04:56:31 AM »
lol fuck off Sweeny you cunt
What

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2019, 11:35:38 AM »
I honestly cant fucking stand the guy.

Im a child?

He's the one fucking up the pc gaming space bro. Fuck him, why would I have any sympathy for this guy?
What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »
By default I have sympathy for anyone that's unfortunate enough to have the surname sweeney. How can you not grow up to be a shitlord with that level of built in school yard trauma?

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »
Support piracy while you can, soon all games will be streamed and you won't even be able to steal them unless you work in Google's data center. Don't kill the way of life of our ancient seafaring forefathers.

benjipwns

« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
Childish things:
- Having no public hair
shots fired at people with alopecia

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar

benjipwns

« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2019, 11:05:19 AM »
Staff Posts Staff Post: Discussion Guidelines (read before posting)

OFFICIAL STAFF COMMUNICATION
Reminder:

Given the volatility in recent Epic Game Store related threads we have decided that some clearer guidelines are required to cultivate healthier discussion.
  • Do not enter these threads in bad faith. If we conclude that your goal is to misrepresent the concerns of other users or rile people up, you will be moderated. Intent matters here. Honest questions or commentary about the differences and similarities between the Epic Games Store and other storefronts are fine. Deliberately and dismissively attempting to troll concerned members on those topics is not okay. These discussions must be held in good faith and in a civil manner.
  • As a reminder, antagonizing or engaging in personal attacks on other members is still against the rules. We have a large community with a wide range of preferences and personal priorities. Not everyone will feel the same way as you do on any given topic. If you feel a post is breaking a rule please report it and do not respond with hostility. If you choose to engage do so politely. We always check to see which users have a history of trouble in this area.
  • It is perfectly acceptable to want to wait for a game to be released on the storefront of your preference (ex: "I'll just wait for the Steam release.") It is not acceptable to troll threads because of storefront exclusivity timed or otherwise (ex: "So the real PC release is going to be a year later.") The latter is needlessly inflammatory and distracts from discussion. We will be scrutinizing these posts more closely going forward.
  • Do not advocate, defend, or admit to piracy under any circumstances. This is explicitly against our Terms of Service. There are no justifications that will make this acceptable.

Addendum: It's fine and often healthy to be critical of media coverage (ex: "I don't think this article is good and here's why"), but please avoid going down any rabbit holes with excessive vitriol and conspiracy theories (ex: "This outlet is clearly paid off because I don't agree with their coverage"). We've long had a general policy against hyperbolic vilification of the media and that rule has not been suspended.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2019, 01:31:26 PM »
epic suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux
dog

benjipwns

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2019, 02:13:47 PM »
knew the mods here were in the pocket of BIG GABE

benjipwns

« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2019, 03:50:44 PM »
"hey sweet a post with a bunch of new BL3 info"

Oh it's just benji being a fucking nitwit.
MOMO-ERASURE

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2019, 04:48:27 PM »
Benji hates me :(
Please don't doxx me sir :(

benjipwns

« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2019, 05:42:10 PM »
you're my second in command of The Hate Machine! i can't hate you! you're Riker or Spock or Kira or the guy who died on the way to the Delta Quadrant or T'Pol!

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2019, 02:19:25 AM »
I'm going to start using the Riker manoeuvre on people's candy asses   :ryker

benjipwns

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2019, 03:02:41 AM »

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2019, 03:52:04 AM »
I got the BL2 DLC downloaded already

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2019, 10:56:37 AM »
Can you start it right away? I should have (cloud) saves, but just in case.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2019, 07:16:52 PM »
Haven't started yet, been busy at work but I understand you can create a new char that starts at level 30, I assume this will be the level for the dlc

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2019, 07:25:29 PM »
I'm about to find out. Well, as soon as it's dowloaded. At 2.9GB it's a lot bigger than I expected. The base game is 7.4GB (installed). :leon

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2019, 07:32:14 PM »
My handsom collection is huge and I accidentally downloaded the 15GB texture pack as well. My dlc was 5GB :gopnik

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2019, 07:35:08 PM »
Yeah, I unticked all other DLC. Textures shmextures, I'm not looking to spend a lot of time on this. PoE is ever beckoning.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2019, 07:39:01 PM »
I'm going to hit this dlc after work this week and go fully into PoE this weekend. Should be endgame by Sunday and if history is any indicator, will have fucked up my first build and panic 'theory craft' some YouTube build with 0.1% difference and claim it to be my own :fbm

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2019, 07:41:03 PM »
[insert ED+Contagion gif]

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2019, 10:32:16 AM »
Borderlands 2 :rejoice
©@©™

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2019, 01:34:56 PM »
It's fully fledged, with sidequests and everything. Meets the BL2 standards completely. :leo Takes about 2 hours to finish the main quest.

Crucially, it does not uplift an existing character to lvl 30. I didn't try making a new game. If there's a fast travel station early on you might be able to warp to it and the be uplifted to 30, but I didn't bother trying (because of how annoying the beginning is).

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #97 on: June 12, 2019, 03:54:13 PM »
The extended gameplay looked boring, quite frankly. It's not even an evolution on the formula, just BL on new hardware. :shaq2

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #98 on: June 12, 2019, 04:06:09 PM »
Coulda added more equipment slots at least. Or more than one special ability. :I

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »
i finished the dlc and tbh i still have a lot of questions about what happens to some of the vault hunters

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #100 on: June 19, 2019, 09:36:59 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL_9wjWP4os&t=6066s

Interesting email sent to Giantbomb.

tl;dw Claptrap sidequest in the free DLC might be a dig at Claptrap's former voice actor.

Trying (in vain, so far) to find video of that quest dialogue.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: September 10, 2019, 11:44:56 AM »
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #104 on: September 10, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
i dunno if it was me changing or the game changing but the level of humor of BL1 to 2 really took a nosedive. Not too shocked that 3 is being seen poorly if it continued down the road of "remember this wacky meme? we'll repeat it like 100 more times to make it EXTRA FUNNY"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: September 10, 2019, 12:22:03 PM »
Dunno- I just like that the original tweet came from someone whose idea of humor is using the 15+ year-old "side-talking" meme as their Twitter profile pic.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2019, 12:35:43 PM »
That guy and pretty much everyone in that twitter feed are a bunch of fucking morons and angry fanboys

What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #107 on: September 10, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Marsu, rehost your avi somewhere else, Tinypic is dead. 💀

Dunno- I just like that the original tweet came from someone whose idea of humor is using the 15+ year-old "side-talking" meme as their Twitter profile pic.
She doesn't look much older than it. That deserves a pass.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #108 on: September 10, 2019, 01:11:52 PM »
Yea wtf I saw that Ill do it in a bit  ???
What

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2019, 01:08:50 AM »
bought. playing tonight

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2019, 08:02:13 AM »
bought. playing tonight

What platform?
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: September 13, 2019, 10:57:07 AM »
From REEEE:

Wow, the subtitles seem broken (splitscreen, PS4 Pro) as hell, especiall in cutscenes. And the UI in general is waaaay too small. Has to be a record. There's so much space that's unused, ridicolus design. We can barely read our ammo let alone quest descriptions etc.

Aside from a very mediocre perfomance in both performance and resolution mode while playing splitscreen, this is very disapointing. :(

Menus are laggy as hell, even more in splitscreen.

As a couch-coop experience this is actually worse than Borderlands 2 and TPS on PS3 and only barely playable without getting headaches.

No wonder there were no console reviews, f*** 2k and Gearbox.

Did they seriously not send out console codes for review?
:neogaf
ど助平

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2019, 01:21:46 PM »
From REEEE:

Wow, the subtitles seem broken (splitscreen, PS4 Pro) as hell, especiall in cutscenes. And the UI in general is waaaay too small. Has to be a record. There's so much space that's unused, ridicolus design. We can barely read our ammo let alone quest descriptions etc.

Aside from a very mediocre perfomance in both performance and resolution mode while playing splitscreen, this is very disapointing. :(

Menus are laggy as hell, even more in splitscreen.

As a couch-coop experience this is actually worse than Borderlands 2 and TPS on PS3 and only barely playable without getting headaches.

No wonder there were no console reviews, f*** 2k and Gearbox.

Did they seriously not send out console codes for review?
:neogaf

I just want to know why you'd want to play this split screen in the first place? Looks like I am deffo waiting to play this on PC.

Also I don't think they did, I'm not sure if the certain streamers are playing on console or PC, would imagine PC, but you never know..

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2019, 01:31:29 PM »
I just want to know why you'd want to play this split screen in the first place?

Because you have friends or family who might want to play with you...?
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2019, 01:34:15 PM »
In the same room? Gross.  :donot

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2019, 01:37:02 PM »
I just want to know why you'd want to play this split screen in the first place?

Because you have friends or family who might want to play with you...?

I guess if you're poor and can't afford two consoles. :rodney

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
In the same room? Gross.  :donot

Sometimes you want to reward the person who brought in your tendies.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2019, 01:50:27 PM »
I guess the question is then- is the game fine when not playing split-screen? 
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2019, 02:01:37 PM »

I would imagine by the lack of reviews no, but I'm sure split screen will make it a worse experience overall

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2019, 02:19:22 PM »

Fine? Depends on your definition of fine

What