Author Topic: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5  (Read 40178 times)

Bebpo

Re: Soulsborne games thread - Dark Souls 2 is dog shit
« Reply #900 on: November 18, 2020, 06:53:07 PM »
Jesus the skeletons in 4-2 are quite a bit beefier and the run outside is kicking my ass. Might need to come back after I've leveled up some more.

Latria might be one of the most atmospheric areas in any video game I've played.  :whoo The gargoyle section is blowing my mind all over again.

Yeah, even though I don't like 3-1 much though I appreciated it's design, I did my first run on 3-2 this morning and really liked it. Looks fantastic in this remake.

Was doing really good and almost one shotting it when I slash combo'd a gargoyle on a walkway and the second slash took one foot a bit off the platform and I fell to my death  :'(

Gonna try to clear it and finish the game tonight!

For the skeletons with the big swords in 4-2 back up and get a slash in when they come at you and then back up and repeat. They're beefy and do a lot of damage up close so just get a hit in and run. Also be careful when backing up or you'll fall off the cliff backwards.

I'm assuming you mean those guys and not the ghost ones. For the ghost ones just run/roll past them and kill the necromancer and they'll all die.

Bebpo

« Reply #901 on: November 18, 2020, 07:20:29 PM »
Ok, yeah got my souls back and was right before the second chain. Cleared Maneater first try. I'm waaaaaaaay overleveled haha. Had Second Chance cast but never used it and I basically just stayed in his face. With Cursed Weapon + Meat Cleaver died real quick.

Somehow I missed the key for Sage Freke in 3-1, missed Yurt the Assassin and missed the Gold Mask which I was gonna use to trade with the crow for another Colorless Demon Soul. Time to go explore more.

Bebpo

« Reply #902 on: November 19, 2020, 03:09:40 AM »
After beating the game I wanted to do the couple things I missed first run in NG+, Old King Doran & Flamelurker solo.

Doran was a pushover, took like two combos and he gave up.

Flamelurker on NG+....yeah, fuck this. After almost an hour straight of attempts dying to all kinds of stupid camera stuff and lock-on rolling the wrong way, the fight just seemed broken and bullshit.

So of course, the run where I had given up on life and just ran straight at him slashing because fuck all strategy is the one I beat him lol

Also that first hit is literally me raging and just going fuck this shit and running up to his face and hitting him.

I did realize about 75% through that, that after an hour of attempts with lock-on and rolling that the true melee secret to Flamelurker is DO NOT USE LOCK ON. Better to just free run dash past him and try to hit him in the back than to try to roll past him through his moves which doesn't work and kills you like 50% of the time.

Pretty much done now. Even made the Northern Regalia but I don't have the stats to use it. I think when I replay the game I'll start fresh and do different stats for a different build. Would like to try a spear build or short dagger build or maybe bow & arrow build. Never done an archer build in a souls game.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #903 on: November 19, 2020, 10:36:17 AM »
be careful when backing up or you'll fall off the cliff backwards.
:tocry

Yeah...between the melee skeletons and sting ray arrows, I've been having a bad time. I'll try 4-2 again today.

I also killed Maneater on my first try too.  :rejoice Soul Ray+brazier=win
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:40:24 AM by Let's Cyber »

Svejk

Re: Soulsborne games thread - Demon's Souls PS5
« Reply #904 on: November 21, 2020, 12:34:01 PM »
Started last night what I think 2-1 is (diggers?).  The enemies in there, although very slow, take at least 4-5 heavy hits with my current strongest weapon (scimitar).  Needless to say, I'm only inching along and being cautious... Start to think, am I still underpowered for this level??   And then, I get invaded..  I start to b-line it back to the beginning area and come across him.. I immediately start throwing all my fire magic on him as he keeps running away... Each hit taking nothing off his hp.. After depleting my mp I start to wail on him.. staying on top of him while he runs around without a weapon drawn... All my hits barely taking down his hp.  Wtf..  He finally pulls out some giant ass sword and fights back.  I dodge several of them, but the few he lands, completely destroyed me in like 3 hits...   :mindblown

Either he was trolling TF out of me, or I actually caught him off guard... Regardless, he was entirely way too powerful for me... First time I died (besides the intro).  :-\. Do they not pseudo match player levels to have invade you?  WTFFF
....  ...Is this the real Soulsborne fuckery I'm experiencing now?  :goty

Now that my chi is fractured, I went to try the archstone across the way with the cheiftain. The valley of Defilement I think?  The enemies here were much easier to take down, but the level design here is nuts!  Got past the first fog gate eventually, but then started making stupid rushing mistakes and fell several times.. had to call it a night there.   This game is brutal... And beautifully awesome.

Svejk

« Reply #905 on: November 21, 2020, 12:51:07 PM »
Looking it up now, The valley of Defilement is level 5-1??  Why are the enemies here cake compared to 2-1 for me?   :titus
Should I not be doing anything in 5 yet?  I dunno but.....  ..this is pretty exciting if I still have 3 and 4 to hop into now.  :hyper
I'll give those a try tonight.  :)

Bebpo

« Reply #906 on: November 21, 2020, 01:05:57 PM »
world 5 is more environment challenge, 5-1 is very vertical and easy to fall. All the first stages of worlds are pretty doable off the start.

Also the diggers in world 2 are weak to either magic, weapons with magic, or thrust weapons like rapier. They are heavy resistant against slash weapons. This threw me off and I had to keep a second weapon for them. I can't think of any other enemy in the game that was like that or maybe I was just already rolling magic weapons by the point I fought them.

Bebpo

« Reply #907 on: November 21, 2020, 01:07:22 PM »
It's less a difficulty order like 1,2,3,4,5

Think of it more like Mega Man stages.

Svejk

« Reply #908 on: November 21, 2020, 01:27:32 PM »
world 5 is more environment challenge, 5-1 is very vertical and easy to fall. All the first stages of worlds are pretty doable off the start.

Also the diggers in world 2 are weak to either magic, weapons with magic, or thrust weapons like rapier. They are heavy resistant against slash weapons. This threw me off and I had to keep a second weapon for them. I can't think of any other enemy in the game that was like that or maybe I was just already rolling magic weapons by the point I fought them.
That would totally explain it then!  :lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I do have a spear, but don't think I'm strong enough to wield yet.  I started with a Magician build, so I might need build more dex or strength for it.   

naff

• <̽̎̏ͨͣ͞҉̯͔̩̩͕ͅ>̫͔͍̥͉̳͚͓͗͋̄̑ͧ̓̔̏ͭ̿͌ͫ́̒́ͩ̀͡͞ͅ
« Reply #909 on: November 22, 2020, 04:01:08 PM »
just use the rapier/estoc if you don't want to put more points into dex/str. both are really, really good. that said, i'm a magic main with a base dex/str of 13/14 respectively so i can wield the kilij and winged spear coz they're a great combo of slash and pierce damage. i would def consider just running falchion (or soem other slash wep with lower reqs) and estoc/rapier if i rerolled though
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #910 on: November 22, 2020, 04:07:37 PM »
finally killed bp satsuki removing pbwt in 4-1 and smashed adjudicator  8)

finished worlds 2 and 3, saved yuria and got firestorm :rejoice

maneater is still a goddamn pita. a lotta glitchy movement with them clipping through the gargoyle statues and making things unpredictable, then one just being an asshat kiting me for 5 minutes barely landing when at the end of their health bar. def bring a slash weapon to the party for their tails.
◕‿◕

Freyj

« Reply #911 on: November 22, 2020, 05:56:14 PM »
One shot Flamelurker but made sure to not 2H much and mostly stay just outside his swipe range to bait slams. I love Guts builds in these games but Demonís is a weird game and frequently puts bosses in your path that necessitate or at least encourage off build solutions. Almost more like puzzles than skill and execution.

naff

« Reply #912 on: November 22, 2020, 06:12:59 PM »
i think demon's plays up the puzzle aspect more than the others
◕‿◕

Cindi Mayweather

« Reply #913 on: November 22, 2020, 09:29:27 PM »
One shot Flamelurker but made sure to not 2H much and mostly stay just outside his swipe range to bait slams. I love Guts builds in these games but Demonís is a weird game and frequently puts bosses in your path that necessitate or at least encourage off build solutions. Almost more like puzzles than skill and execution.

Mind expounding?
weed

Svejk

« Reply #914 on: November 23, 2020, 09:13:56 AM »
just use the rapier/estoc if you don't want to put more points into dex/str. both are really, really good. that said, i'm a magic main with a base dex/str of 13/14 respectively so i can wield the kilij and winged spear coz they're a great combo of slash and pierce damage. i would def consider just running falchion (or soem other slash wep with lower reqs) and estoc/rapier if i rerolled though
Finally jumped back into 2-1 with the spear I had and started to really wreck shit. Glad you all pointed it out (no pun intended).   Getting into a Souls groove again  :rejoice
I did end up finding the estoc, so I'll be trying it next over the next sesh.  I dabbled in 3-1 also.  The atmosphere in the this game along with the 3D audio is  so great.  Every Souls game should be remastered with 3D audio.  Love it.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #915 on: November 25, 2020, 05:40:33 AM »
I'm nearing the end now. Overall i'd say this is a great game and just a half step behind Dark Souls 3. I'd probably put it a notch above Dark Souls 1, mostly because this feels a bit more focused but also takes more risks. Dark Souls 1 also drags towards the end. Lost Izalith kind of sucks and nothing after Anor Londo is nearly as good as the stuff before it (excluding the excellent DLC, of course). DeS is short and sweet by comparison without any bloat. My ranking as of right now

1) Bloodborne
2) Dark Souls 3
3) Demon's Souls 2020
4) Dark Souls 1
5) Sekiro
lol who cares) Dark Souls 2