Author Topic: GRRM x From = Elden Ring  (Read 45190 times)

Svejk

Re: GRRM x From = Elden Ring
« Reply #900 on: August 14, 2022, 03:33:50 PM »
Taking out bosses one by one, lettin' the bodies hit the flo..

Even took out Hoarah Loux with a portion of the screen covered...  :P
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Got to the Haligtree.. 

I may have a chance of actually finishing this game next weekend.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 03:46:48 PM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #901 on: August 14, 2022, 04:27:43 PM »
Nice shots

Svejk

« Reply #902 on: August 14, 2022, 05:20:25 PM »
Nice shots
Thanks.

Apparently I missed the Bolt of Gransax.. so much for getting a platty this run.  :beli

Bebpo

« Reply #903 on: August 14, 2022, 05:52:25 PM »
Nice shots
Thanks.

Apparently I missed the Bolt of Gransax.. so much for getting a platty this run.  :beli

I mean you need to save scum and do stuff in a very specific order for the 3 endings to get a platty in one run.

NG+ runs take like 4-6 hours each. Found it quicker to just do 2 more runs. Can skip all the optional stuff and just speed run the main course.

Svejk

« Reply #904 on: August 14, 2022, 07:20:40 PM »
I wanna say I have the side quests set up for save scumming the different endings, but I'm not positive.  But I double checked about the Legendary artifacts, and that bolt is in Lyndell prior to the ashing.  Not sure if grabbing it alone in NG+ would help trigger it.  At this point though, I'm ready to wrap this ho piece up.  I have a suspicious feeling I'm going to cave on Saints Row in the next 2 weeks. :doge

Svejk

« Reply #905 on: August 28, 2022, 12:00:03 PM »
Finished all the trophy related hidden bosses, including Mogwen and Placidusax.  Got through most of the Haligtree and made it down to the gold fog gate.. which I'm assuming is Malenia.  Haven't attempted her yet though.. didn't have the energy to last night. But I hear that she's the toughest boss by far.  This area's been challenging... Guess it ought to be being the tail end of the game.   

Svejk

« Reply #906 on: August 28, 2022, 05:30:52 PM »
Haligtree was pretty tough. Honesty it's the only part of the game that's felt like Demons Souls where the level itself is a challenge because sites/shortcuts are a bit far and everything is set to kill you.

First part of the game where I had to resort to the old Souls method of RUN PAST EVERYTHING TO THE NEXT CHECKPOINT here and there.

Malenia wasn't an issue with mimic summon. It still distracted her enough that I could hit her in the back or the mimic doing that vice-versa and get staggers in. Took 4-5 tries of learning a few moves to dodge and how to recognize waterfowl dance to just run the fuck away, but took her down in about 10 mins.

[close]

Now gotta go back and finish exploring out and getting all the treasures from the Haligtree and finishing Millicent's NPC quest and get the needle and finish up Dung Eater's quest since the last 2 seedbed curses are in the Brace.

Will probably do Farum tomorrow and finish the game up on Saturday at this rate.
Holy crap, you wrecked her pretty quick..  Also just now finding out she's an optional boss?!  Seems like she would be integral to the story.... what ever it is. lol
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 05:44:36 PM by Svejk »

Bebpo

« Reply #907 on: August 28, 2022, 09:58:40 PM »
Haligtree was pretty tough. Honesty it's the only part of the game that's felt like Demons Souls where the level itself is a challenge because sites/shortcuts are a bit far and everything is set to kill you.

First part of the game where I had to resort to the old Souls method of RUN PAST EVERYTHING TO THE NEXT CHECKPOINT here and there.

Malenia wasn't an issue with mimic summon. It still distracted her enough that I could hit her in the back or the mimic doing that vice-versa and get staggers in. Took 4-5 tries of learning a few moves to dodge and how to recognize waterfowl dance to just run the fuck away, but took her down in about 10 mins.

[close]

Now gotta go back and finish exploring out and getting all the treasures from the Haligtree and finishing Millicent's NPC quest and get the needle and finish up Dung Eater's quest since the last 2 seedbed curses are in the Brace.

Will probably do Farum tomorrow and finish the game up on Saturday at this rate.
Holy crap, you wrecked her pretty quick..  Also just now finding out she's an optional boss?!  Seems like she would be integral to the story.... what ever it is. lol

I think she was meant to be a larger part of the game. Some of the cut content deals with her and her brother (cocoon boy). People think it could end up in a DLC or just be cut content that didn't end up making it in.

And yeah, Rivers of Blood + Mimic was pretty OP for a lot of bosses in the end game. I didn't try her in my 2nd or 3rd run as magic caster/spear & board but pretty sure I'd have had a lot more difficulty with her if I did.

Svejk

« Reply #908 on: September 03, 2022, 02:53:40 PM »
So before even trying Malenia, I looked at cheese guides out of word of mouth intimidation.  The 1.06 method was using the magma blade that breaks her poise real easy.. So finding a farming method for the blade, I go through all the methods of boosting discovery and whatnot... Spent an hour and half doing the farm run with no results of the drop.  After that I gave up and decided to just fight her with what I got..   After about 5-6 tries of experimenting with different weapons and summons, I fell back to my trusty Bloodhound fang and mimic...  Realizing her patterns are actually relatively easy to read, I took her down quicker than expected.   8)  :snoop :beli

Now, only thing left is the last boss.  Should be able to do that tonight and finally shelf this freakin game for awhile. :whew
Not sure how many endings I can achieve, but I'll save scum what I can. 

Bebpo

« Reply #909 on: September 03, 2022, 03:04:08 PM »
experimenting with different weapons and summons, I fell back to my trusty Bloodhound fang and mimic...  Realizing her patterns are actually relatively easy to read, I took her down quicker than expected.   8)  :snoop :beli

Yeah, people really blow her out of proportion. She has one move that is kind of bullshit with the waterfowl dance since it's very difficult (impossible?) to dodge roll it and you need to just run the fuck out and you still might get hit on the last hit.

Also her HP regen is bullshit and means you need to be hitting her for big damage to out damage her HP heal.

But otherwise she's just a tough Souls boss, no more, no less. And her second phase is pretty easy with that dive bomb you just run from and then get some hits in. Her shadow images are tougher to dodge but dodgeable.

I think if they had patched her to not HP heal on hit and nerfed waterfowl a bit she'd be a pretty mid-tier reasonable and good Souls boss fight.

Anyhow, good luck on the end fights. The final boss is moderately challenging so you should enjoy that.

Coax

« Reply #910 on: September 04, 2022, 02:32:29 AM »
I think it's also some are just doing her at a lower level which makes it more difficult but they don't always mention their stats so it's hard to gauge the challenge from reading online. Bebpo was at over 160 level before reaching her for example while some reach her at like level 110 (generally not recommended tbh :p).

Can't remember what level I was at that point. Maybe 140?

Svejk

« Reply #911 on: September 04, 2022, 05:01:10 AM »
Took down Elden Beast on 2nd try... touched the grace and rested.  Quit game, cloud synced, and then went back to do one of the endings.  Afterwards, close the game and redownload save... Proceeds to put me in roundhold. The site of grace at the end isn't showing and can't go through last boss fog.. only option is to do 2nd journey at roundtable.  Not sure if I did something wrong or they patched the save scum method, so was able to do only one ending...
Anywho, I'm shelving this game.  Wow, what a journey.. Solid 9/10 game. Fantastic job, From.. It's been great... Next time, let's go back to smaller scale like Souls and Bloodborne.  No game needs to ever be bigger in scale than this game.
 :salute

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #912 on: September 04, 2022, 06:06:49 AM »
Congrats, I want to return to this after I finish XB3.

But I suppose I'll have to look up some guides and builds to see what the hell I should be doing next.
The last time I played the "return stronger to spots you failed at before" trick didn't work anymore.
Maybe I need to grind myself to make progress, respec or upgrade weapons. These are the places where I can no longer progress:

- The Capital: I'm way too weak for this, even the entry guards kick my ass
- The Caelid Divine Tower: Haven't been able to beat the boss in the basement but it got very close last time
- The Mountaintops Of The Giants: at some point I climb up a ladder where a beast is and I can't beat it yet to progress further up the mountain
- Nokron: Eternal City: The two Gargoyles kick my ass

I'm about lvl 84 I think.
[close]
🤴

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #913 on: September 04, 2022, 10:43:27 AM »
The gargoyles are the hardest boss in the game I've fought so far (fell off this game hard tho).

You need to grind out some levels, stick on a podcast and farm the bird dudes in the north of Caelid for some easy soulz.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 10:47:55 AM by Pissy F Benny »
(ice)

Svejk

« Reply #914 on: September 04, 2022, 11:07:22 AM »
Yeah, not gonna lie, the bird farm helped quite a bit. If you dedicate an hour doing that farm at that level, you can make some serious progress afterwards.  I was most likely OP at the end (lvl 183 I believe), but who gives a shit.. zero regrets farming.  It helped with the fatigue.  It was still fun, because I was forced to experiment with weapons, gear, etc. all throughout to the bitter end. 

It's weird because the toughest fight I had in the whole 2nd half of the game was Black Knife Tiche by far... Had to fight him close to a dozen times till I beat him.. and the twin gargoyles, with the Sword of N&F, first try with ease.  Maybe I got lucky with them.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 11:14:18 AM by Svejk »