Author Topic: Gaming pick-ups: What have you wasted your money on lately?  (Read 15882 times)

Shuri

Re: Gaming pick-ups: What have you wasted your money on lately?
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2019, 07:37:39 PM »
it was 10$  :neogaf

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2019, 08:23:28 PM »
Hmm, had no idea there was a Mad Dog McCree 2...

Shuri, what 3DO games do you have?
^_^

Shuri

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2019, 09:09:57 PM »

Mad Dog McCree 1-2, Need For Speed, Quarantine, Super Street Fighter 2  2 Turbo, Demolition Man, Return Fire, Battle Chess, Night Trap, Slam N Jam, Total Eclipse, Space Hulk, Road Rash

Road Rash, Space Hulk, Battle Chess, Night Trap are my favorite games.

Space Hulk is super fucking hard and quite thrilling if you can get over the dated engine and presentation. It's a pretty intense strategy title!

Quarantine is so cyberpunk but the framerate is struggling most of the time. There's a constant alt-rock soundtrack playing which is neat.

Crime Patrol, Star Control, Flashback and Out of this world are the last remaining games I really want, but 3do games prices are getting stupid right now, I regret not buying them ages ago, same thing with the lightguns. ugh.

the 3do is kind of an acquired taste, I was blown away back in the days when my friend rented one for his birthday (ahh the nineties), being able to play those fmv lightgun games at home was amazing. Same thing with the superior port of Night Trap. Samurai Shodown was an amazing port back then.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 09:15:19 PM by Shuri »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2019, 11:00:32 PM »
More recent pick-ups. 

:drudge TRIGGER ALERT- I BOUGHT STUFF :drudge
 :shaking
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]

Been having some trouble getting older games due to either sellers being scummy fucks or shipping screw-ups.  Kyuutenkai and Street Fighter Collection were both the second purchases of those games after never getting the first ones.  Was easy to get refunded so not that big a deal, I guess.  Been trying to get Cyberbots for PS1 and still no luck- the first copy never arrived from the USPS and the second copy is now listed as "Alert - Awaiting Delivery Scan" which apparently means "might come in the next few days or you're fucked lmao."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:06:39 PM by bork »
ど助平

Shuri

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2019, 05:53:35 AM »
Cyberbots is amazing

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2019, 04:45:00 PM »
Dat bloodstained steelbook  :lawd
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2019, 06:37:23 PM »

Mad Dog McCree 1-2, Need For Speed, Quarantine, Super Street Fighter 2  2 Turbo, Demolition Man, Return Fire, Battle Chess, Night Trap, Slam N Jam, Total Eclipse, Space Hulk, Road Rash

Road Rash, Space Hulk, Battle Chess, Night Trap are my favorite games.

Space Hulk is super fucking hard and quite thrilling if you can get over the dated engine and presentation. It's a pretty intense strategy title!

Quarantine is so cyberpunk but the framerate is struggling most of the time. There's a constant alt-rock soundtrack playing which is neat.

Crime Patrol, Star Control, Flashback and Out of this world are the last remaining games I really want, but 3do games prices are getting stupid right now, I regret not buying them ages ago, same thing with the lightguns. ugh.

the 3do is kind of an acquired taste, I was blown away back in the days when my friend rented one for his birthday (ahh the nineties), being able to play those fmv lightgun games at home was amazing. Same thing with the superior port of Night Trap. Samurai Shodown was an amazing port back then.

As far as "failed" systems go, the 3DO is certainly one of the better ones. It's got a pretty large library and some fun games that still hold up - decent quality ports of popular Amiga and DOS games of the day, some original games, even due to its Panasonic association a few quality Japanese exclusives.

I have the following:
Shockwave, Lucienne's Quest, The Horde, The Incredible Machine, Seal of the Pharaoh, Road Rash, Return Fire, Jurassic Park, Way of the Warrior, Gex, Guardian War, Super Wing Commander, Trip'd... A mixture of solid games and some funny kusoge... Lucienne's Quest was a charming super-early 3D RPG that costs big $$$ (probably one of the rarest and most obscure US-released RPGs). Guardian War is from the same team (Microcabin) and is a neat little SRPG. Return Fire I really enjoyed, especially multiplayer, though the public-domain classical music was a bit strange. Seal of the Pharaoh is a simplistic dungeon crawler with an Egyptian theme. The Incredible Machine is a puzzle game based on a PC title. Shockwave is an average-to-decent 3D flight sim/action game. Jurassic Park is hilarious in how shitty it is. Trip'd is a Puyo Puyo/Tetris type falling block game that's not nearly as drugged out as its name suggests. The Horde is a cool city building, early tower defense type game with a cameo from Kirk Cameron.

I'll have to look into Space Hulk. Not a big strategy guy (excepting the occasional SRPG) but neat, obscure exclusives are my bag. Quarantine I remember sounding neat in previews, kinda like a super-early take on GTAIII/open world gaming, but the reputation it has makes it sound awful.
^_^

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2019, 02:20:20 PM »
Can't knock the hustle.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »
Got two LRG PS4 releases and the elusive Cyberbots!  :o

Re: Cyberbots- It never came after saying it was out for delivery.  No slips left or anything.  Dumb shit from the USPS as usual.  Sat on the phone for an hour on Monday to open a case, got a phone call back on Tuesday saying they were checking what happened, and heard nothing.  Had free time after work today so decided to go down there and sure enough, the package was just sitting there.  This is sadly not the first, nor will it be the last time, that this has happened.   
:doge
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 04:45:38 PM by bork »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #70 on: July 08, 2019, 05:19:11 PM »

:mods
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »
Another retro throwback box version!
:lawd

Umihara Kawase Fresh! just came from Nicalis- ordering directly from them gets you this awesome bonus Super Famicom style box and some goodies inside!

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2019, 02:49:04 PM »
This was discounted from $150 to $50 so I grabbed it.  Need to sell the game off since I already have it to get some of that money back.  LOL at this package not coming with the season pass.  Are you kidding me, Namco?  You charged $150 for this shit and still wanted to get more money from people?  More like SCAMCO lolamirite.

Other pick-ups:

Peach Ball is GOTY.
:itagaki
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2019, 10:38:31 AM »
New PC parts! :lawd Kept my GPU and PSU but replaced the rest

Also got a bunch of boring cable management shit and cleaned up the rats nest of them around my desk

Chooky

« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2019, 10:42:50 AM »
would you mind sharing what desk that is? i've been looking for a smaller pc desk and that one looks great.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2019, 10:52:20 AM »
It's a Z-Line Cyrus. The only one on amazon is has a wood look, but I was able to snag this one at Staples a couple years ago

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Line-Designs-ZL2200-01WSU-Cyrus-Workstation/dp/B004VLW38Q/

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2019, 11:27:02 AM »
Looks nice!

Do the monitors being higher up on that shelf not bother you?  Kinda want to try getting a vertical stand and mount a monitor that's just sitting there unused above my primary one, but I think it would be uncomfortable to look up at it all the time.
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2019, 01:04:03 PM »
R5 3600? :mynicca

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2019, 01:34:27 PM »
Looks nice!

Do the monitors being higher up on that shelf not bother you?  Kinda want to try getting a vertical stand and mount a monitor that's just sitting there unused above my primary one, but I think it would be uncomfortable to look up at it all the time.
It's a bit smaller than it look, the monitors are in my eyeline up there, I tried taking the stand off and they were too low, probably because my monitors aren't adjustable. :lol

R5 3600? :mynicca
Yep, ordered one the minute they dropped and then built a PC around it. Kept my PSU, GPU (1070), and ssd/hdd and replaced the rest

« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2019, 04:48:24 PM »
Dragon Quest Builders 2 (PS4) was $49.99 at Amazon yesterday, so I picked it up with my Whole Foods Prime Day $10 coupon code. Less than a week since release and it only cost me $39.99. Score.
野球

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2019, 07:51:29 AM »
RTX ON
Geforce RTX 2070 Super

The 980 Ti it replaces, otherwise known as T H E  B E A S T.

T H E  E A G L E soars!

https://i.imgur.com/UwfVgaA.gifv

:lawd
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2019, 12:11:50 PM »
Switch Switch Switch (and some other stuff) Switch Switch Switch- Fire Emblem and Raiden V are coming today, too.  August looks like it's finally slowing the hell down.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 12:16:04 PM by bork »
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2019, 02:03:33 PM »
Moar eagles  8)

🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »
LI Retro Game Expo pickups! Phoenix IV is signed by the author, and now I have all 3 Gargoyles Quest games cib!

^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2019, 09:41:15 PM »
LI Retro Game Expo pickups! Phoenix IV is signed by the author, and now I have all 3 Gargoyles Quest games cib!

(Image removed from quote.)

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2019, 10:23:16 PM »
SCURRY PICK-UP

MORE SHIT

:nsfw
[close]
:marimo :woody
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #86 on: August 17, 2019, 08:01:24 AM »
[close]

Rman

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2019, 11:01:52 AM »

I've always wanted to go that expo as I'm in the NYC area.  I heard it keeps getting better and better every year.

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2019, 11:23:15 AM »

I've always wanted to go that expo as I'm in the NYC area.  I heard it keeps getting better and better every year.

Definitely stop by next year, it just gets better year after year... the first year it was in a hotel ballroom with a bunch of vendors and a few CRTs, now we take up half of the Cradle of Aviation museum (as a bonus you can get to look at some planes and the Lunar Lander while you attend the expo). A close friend of mine runs the "museum" area with a ton of awesome video game obscurities - FM Towns Marty, a working* X68000, a ZX Spectrum, Amiga 500, Apple IIGS, this year we even had a 64DD and a Casio Loopy. Jeremy Parish and Kurt Kalata (Hardcore Gaming 101) also are regular guests, this year we had My Life In Gaming, Pat the NES Punk, Leonard Herman (writer of "Phoenix), and last year we had John Hancock and RGT85.

*well, this year unfortunately it died on day 2 of the expo and he's in the midst of replacing the bad part(s).
^_^

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »
A bunch of crap I got during the first five months of this year:

Got Bayonetta in the last pic last year- Was showing some protective cases I picked up from retroprotection.com.  They have a lot of sizes available including some made for various LE boxes!

Calm down, Satan.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2019, 09:04:15 PM »
This was discounted from $150 to $50 so I grabbed it.  Need to sell the game off since I already have it to get some of that money back.  LOL at this package not coming with the season pass.  Are you kidding me, Namco?  You charged $150 for this shit and still wanted to get more money from people?  More like SCAMCO lolamirite.

Other pick-ups:

Peach Ball is GOTY.
:itagaki

I'm on board for Tobal and portable version of RF:G

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2019, 07:06:26 AM »
Should I buy a coolermaster keymaster lite keyboard
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2019, 07:28:45 AM »
For gaming? Nah. 

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:34 AM »
Any idea whats a good keyboard for gaming not looking to spend over 100 euros deally, prices are ridiculous imo

Right now I have a wireless keyboard which is really usefull because I sit in a lounge chair have the keyboard on my lap since im not gaming on a desk or something.

I see all these terms like cherry and I dunno wtf they are talking about
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2019, 07:44:10 AM »
Any idea whats a good keyboard for gaming not looking to spend over 100 euros deally, prices are ridiculous imo

Right now I have a wireless keyboard which is really usefull because I sit in a lounge chair have the keyboard on my lap since im not gaming on a desk or something.

Get this:
https://www.coolblue.nl/product/805008/corsair-k68-rgb-cherry-mx-red-gaming-toetsenbord-qwerty.html
🤴

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2019, 08:39:07 AM »
If you're happy with your current keyboard, there's no reason to get anything else. If you aren't, it'll be helpful to know why exactly. (If it's just gearlust, then - eh. It'll pass.)

Mechanical keyboards feel and sound nice. There's no real reason to get one for gaming.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2019, 08:42:18 AM »

If you want a good mechanical keyboard that's on the cheaper side, but not shit, check out these from Havit.  They're really nice quality and thin profile.  I don't use the 87-key one I have for gaming (use Razer for that), but for work, and it has held up like a champ.  $60 and $70 U.S- not wireless, though- dunno what a good wireless 'gaming' keyboard is going to be.

87-Key:
https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Extra-Thin-Switches-Rollover/dp/B0722GG88M/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=havit%2Bkeyboard&qid=1566218075&s=gateway&sr=8-5&th=1

104-Key:
https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Keyboard-Extra-Thin-Switches-Rollover/dp/B074QM6F7X/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=havit%2Bkeyboard&qid=1566218075&s=gateway&sr=8-5&th=1
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:24 AM »
A bunch of crap I got during the first five months of this year:

Got Bayonetta in the last pic last year- Was showing some protective cases I picked up from retroprotection.com.  They have a lot of sizes available including some made for various LE boxes!

Calm down, Satan.

Uh...thanks...?
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2019, 12:53:33 PM »
Damn didnt see that post bork.. in the end I bought a k68 which had cherry red mx switches that sucked, exchanged it for a k95 rgb platinum with brown switches and those are awesome

I also bought this stuff the past few weeks

What

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2019, 12:54:58 PM »
Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a good one

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

also got this in

and just got home with this i bought for 5 euro's

« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 04:13:18 PM by MMaRsu »
What

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2019, 11:03:14 PM »
Time for MO PICK UPZ

Oninaki and Dead Or School

Oninaki runs in English.  Another game that only got a digital release over here- Square and Capcom tend to do this more than anyone else.  The latter just opened pre-orders for a Rockman box set that will cost around $100 U.S. and comes with every game released on Switch in physical form- including Rockman Legacy Collection 2, which was a download code in all regions.  It will also have a space for the upcoming Rockman Zero collection, which may indicate that it's the last Mega Man re-release.  Oh, and Dead Or School runs in English, too.  It isn't listed as even coming out in the U.S. yet, but I'm sure English being included means it will later on.

Dead Cells Action Game Of The Year and Collection Of Mana

Thought I was getting a great deal when Amazon offered $18 in trade credit for the original Dead Cells, so the GOTY edition cost me $12.  Joke's on me- the included cart is the original Dead Cells, so you still have to download/update to get the latest DLC, lol.  It did come with a nice little art booklet and keychain at least.

Raging Justice Limited Edition

LARRY KING IS PISSED AND READY TO DEAL OUT SOME RAGING JUSTICE!  :punch :gun

The Messenger and Battle Garegga Rev. 2016

Pick-ups from Limited Run Games (The Messenger is Special Reserve Games, but this is the LRG alternate cover version).

Bloodstained Curse Of The Moon and Dragon's Lair Trilogy

Another set of Limited Run Games releases.  Got lucky and got a gold trading card with Bloodstained!  Those are random and pretty "rare."
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #102 on: October 09, 2019, 06:57:19 AM »
What

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #103 on: October 09, 2019, 05:50:52 PM »
Oh wow, didn't know that there was a way to get Oninaki physically in English! Where did you get it from, play asia?
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2019, 08:48:11 PM »
Oh wow, didn't know that there was a way to get Oninaki physically in English! Where did you get it from, play asia?

Yeah- they're sold out right now but should get more stock this week.  Amazon also has copies now for around $70-ish with Prime shipping options available.

There's also an Asian version that comes with an English cover.  Not sure where you can get that right now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #105 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »
Stuff from Limited Run Games and Fangamer.  The Snatcher box is the soundtrack, the Shantae box has a poster and trading cards, and I forget what's in the Bloodstained one- A soundtrack and pins and/or keychains IIRC.

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: October 09, 2019, 08:54:19 PM »
TOO MANY GAMES I AM INSANE from the last two months:

[close]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:12:29 PM by bork »
ど助平

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #107 on: October 09, 2019, 09:03:11 PM »
I used to do this with used PS2 games and then Steam games (and now I do it with roms and free keys I bum off, well, Benji mostly)... At some point, you gotta realize you'll be dead before you get to all of them.

Chooky

« Reply #108 on: October 09, 2019, 09:07:41 PM »
yeah... when i realized i had games on my "to play" list for almost two decades now, i figured it was time to throw in the towel. i try to only buy games now if i know i'll have time for them, and even then i still have a million free games thanks to psn and humble bundle and whatnot.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: October 09, 2019, 09:54:15 PM »
I used to do this with used PS2 games and then Steam games (and now I do it with roms and free keys I bum off, well, Benji mostly)... At some point, you gotta realize you'll be dead before you get to all of them.

I don't plan to play all of them- I collect too.  Most of those limited run-type games don't get opened with the hopes I can sell them off for a profit later on.  Sometimes you get a Gryphon Knight Epic or Enter The Gungeon CE that go for hundreds of dollars already...and sometimes you get a Mutant Mudds that goes for $12.   :lol    I did recently decide to stop getting a lot of stuff for PS4 recently and sold off a shitload of games.  That Transistor PS4 copy was pre-ordered before this, otherwise wouldn't have bought it.

On the non-limited run side of things, though, I did cancel a shitload of pre-orders recently. I wasn't going to get Dragon Quest XI S at release but it was pointed out that since Nintendo published it, the price likely won't drop anytime soon if at all, so I re-ordered it for $50 after seeing that DQ Builders 1 is still like $50+ on Switch despite being $15 or less on PS4.

But games like The Witcher III on Switch, which I'm interested in?  Not buying for full price when you can get it on other platforms dirt cheap.  Will wait for a big price drop.
ど助平

BisMarckie

« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2019, 11:19:38 AM »
Found a copy of Ninja Gaiden Black for 10 bucks. :ego

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2019, 12:25:35 PM »
This past weekend I grabbed a copy of American McGee's Scrapland for $6.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2019, 05:00:52 PM »
Just sold some games for once and made some nice cash.
:money
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2019, 06:57:32 PM »
time to buy more games with it? :D

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #114 on: October 11, 2019, 07:45:42 PM »
ど助平

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #115 on: October 17, 2019, 08:20:24 PM »
^_^

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #116 on: October 17, 2019, 08:26:26 PM »
What's the game on the left?
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2019, 10:15:07 PM »
What's the game on the left?

Maka-Maka.  Never heard of it before- looks....insane.  :lol

ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #118 on: October 23, 2019, 06:53:07 PM »
As if I needed it, an absurd 34" ultrawide 1440p 100hz (oc's to 120) monitor. powerful no name korean branding so it was super cheap on amazon warehouse discount :D

pls ignore my dumb figures

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2019, 06:15:54 PM »
That's my next upgrade, an ultrawide.

Got my 3900x up running, and really bought new everything except my GPU which I will keep until next gen of cards I think. The Be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 rev. 2 is one hell of a case as well, really pleased with all of it. My ram is having trouble running at 3600mhz though, most that I seem to be able to do is 3200mhz.