Author Topic: E3 2019 Thread - Nintendevolver wins again, baybee!! 20 years in a row!!  (Read 91017 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: E3 2019 Thread - Nintendevolver wins again, baybee!! 20 years in a row!!
« Reply #1200 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:36 PM »
How bout they cram a right stick in there somewhere.
Pretty much. A dreamcast controller without improved d-pad (inferior to saturn by miles), improved analog stick, and a right analog stick is pretty fucking useless beyond nostalgia. Xbox controller does everything Dreamcast controller does and more. What use does it have?

Playing Dreamcast games...on a Dreamcast...?  I guess? Am I missing something or is there a controller you can use on the Dreamcast that magically adds second analog stick control to games?
:huh

This is being made for the actual hardware, guys. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:17:34 PM by bork »
ど助平

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #1201 on: June 13, 2019, 09:06:59 PM »
I also just like good games.

I don't think Nintendo games are good or appealing to me.

I buy that they're not appealing to you given what I've seen of your tastes, but they're objectively good. You just don't prefer them, which is fine, but don't get it twisted.
yar

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1202 on: June 13, 2019, 09:09:41 PM »
Nintendo has utterly rendered the old E3 obsolete. They own this shits. Let's be honest.

Yes- no long, drawn out shitty presentations.  They pretty much just get to the point.  And it's nice having these things every so often instead of once or twice a year. 

I don't really see the point in E3 (for consumers) in general and haven't for years.  It made sense in the 90s and early 2000s.  Now all this shit can be viewed directly on your console/streaming site and they could easily make the floor demos downloadable.  But they don't.  WHY?
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1203 on: June 13, 2019, 09:12:13 PM »
v excited for sony to announce cinematic sad dad sim part 15 next year at e3 ::)
more power to those that are into whatever sony is developing now but i have no interest in any of it

:respect

This 100 times.  I don't care about third-person "AAA" "cinematic" walking-simular/open-world action/adventure game.  It feels like this is all they are making now.  What the hell happened to Japan Studio?  Sony used to put out some unique and really fun games and it feels like they just decided to ditch everything and follow the Naughty Dog Uncharted formula for fucking everything instead.  And I like Uncharted-- I just don't need every game to be just like it.

Being a stan for a specific console/publisher/developer is dumb AF. Play games. Each console has good games. (This is a true statement mostly because the xbone has some good 3rd party games on it)

Nofriendo stans that don't play games like Horizon ZD, Bloodborne, etc are equally as insane as Sony stans that don't play Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and [insert indie jank on the Switch that you could have played 2-3 years ago on PC but people act like it's revolutionary now cause the switch is a handheld or something]

:respect
:bow :bow2
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1204 on: June 13, 2019, 09:13:11 PM »
I really don't understand how someone can say this is low budget.

The animation is incredible.

While Fire Emblem won't win graphic awards or anything...

It looks good.

Note, in prior generations srpgs always were cheaper than the rest of its peers.

Compare Tactics Ogre and Warsong, two strategy rpgs, to Chrono Trigger.

Or even FFT, Front Mission 3, and Kartia to something like Vagrant Story, Suikoden II, SaGa Frontier 2.

vs

Night and day. Srpgs have always had bland maps and usually plain characters with very limited animations. Their visual grace usually comes in the form of battle animations.

So this plain ass shit...

turns into this during battle...

Srpgs look good in their own way despite lacking a big budget. What looks deceptively plain, has well animated battles. This is also true for Fire Emblem Three Houses. This is why FFT isn't a looker until someone casts something cool like magic or a summon. It's one of the cornerstones of the genre. No one is going to buy 10 million copies of Fire Emblem.

Srpgs have always been more budget. Can you point to any strategy rpg currently on the current market that looks as good Fire Emblem Three Houses? Even something like Dark Crystal has worse graphics.

Anyways, weird conversation. lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 09:17:26 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1205 on: June 13, 2019, 09:15:28 PM »
rahx the relationships expert don't know shit about vidya  :lol

stay in your lane, clown  :pimp

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1206 on: June 13, 2019, 09:15:44 PM »
I really don't understand how someone can say this is low budget.

[800 images good lawd]

Me neither.  I don't think anyone else would agree.  So, OK Rahx.  Miss out on some stuff.  No harm being done if he doesn't want to play those games.
:idont
ど助平

paprikastaude

« Reply #1207 on: June 13, 2019, 09:22:02 PM »
Cuphead shits over every 2d platformer Nintendo made since the Wii, which all feel stale and lazy and made up the majority of their content for like the whole last generation (and I sadly bought too many of them). Bloodborne shits over every action adventure and RPG Nintendo made the past generations. Soon the superior Kart game gets a remake. Didn't even play the og Crash Kart until a few years ago and was shocked that Nintendo not only stole ideas from it, but the game was better than MK. They've been beaten badly quality-wise and in ambition, unless nostalgia is the most important factor to you. They almost killed the Mario series with generic trash before Odyssey came along. Where's past diversity on par with titles such as F-Zero, Metroid, Sin & Punishment, Hotel Dusk, Mother, Excite Truck, Wave Race, etc. - it's gone.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #1208 on: June 13, 2019, 09:26:05 PM »
lol because people are buying systems to play 2d nintendo platformers  :lol

cherry picking  shit to make console makers look bad :lol

thinking its a world where you choose mario or bloodborne and not one where you just play both  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1209 on: June 13, 2019, 09:26:16 PM »

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1210 on: June 13, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
e3 bringing out the real shit :lol

Himu

« Reply #1211 on: June 13, 2019, 09:38:53 PM »
This is my one of my favorite articles from this E3.

https://m.ign.com/articles/2019/06/12/breath-of-the-wild-sequel-team-drew-inspiration-from-red-dead-redemption-2-e3-2019

Fulltime weebs reacted very poorly to game devs doing their job well. Apparently, Zelda devs should just play Zelda games?  :-*

Japanese have always taken western ideas and made them better so :yeshrug

You took my point of "everybody can learn from everybody/anyone" to "Nah, Japan does what they do....but better!"

>:(

Didn't you say like, a few days ago that WRPG's and JRPG's have traded places in quality and relevancy?  :lol

Jrpgs are more relevant now than they have ever been in the west, honestly. Their quality has gone down for sure. Just like how last gen, wrpgs rose to immense popularity, but for the most part their quality went down the drain with few exceptions. Relevancy speaks nothing of quality.

Anyways, I mentioned nothing of jrpgs in my post, just that japanese as a whole are good at taking something and making it better. Actually, this is partially what they're famous for. They're known culture adopters given they're an island nation. I just pointed it out because any true weeb would know this. :smug

Cuphead shits over every 2d platformer Nintendo made since the Wii, which all feel stale and lazy and made up the majority of their content for like the whole last generation (and I sadly bought too many of them). Bloodborne shits over every action adventure and RPG Nintendo made the past generations. Soon the superior Kart game gets a remake. Didn't even play the og Crash Kart until a few years ago and was shocked that Nintendo not only stole ideas from it, but the game was better than MK. They've been beaten badly quality-wise and in ambition, unless nostalgia is the most important factor to you. They almost killed the Mario series with generic trash before Odyssey came along. Where's past diversity on par with titles such as F-Zero, Metroid, Sin & Punishment, Hotel Dusk, Mother, Excite Truck, Wave Race, etc. - it's gone.

Cuphead isn't even a 2d platformer. It's pretty much a run and gun/bullet hell shooter. Unless you consider Contra a 2d platformer too. You mention Bloodborne and rpgs when Nintendo has never been known for RPGs outside of Mario RPGs, Mother, Xeno, and Fire Emblem and even those were always niche besides Mario. When you think of Nintendo RPG's you generally always think third party - Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy. Never mind that you've made a weird declarative statement: just because you think Bloodborne is better than every RPG Nintendo has made in past generations doesn't the ones they made were bad. And don't you consider BB the game of the generation? So do you think all games are bad because they don't stack up to BB? In your final statement you say variety is gone from Nintendo's lineup while listing...*counts*...three arcade racers. Heads up, arcade racers are dead in general.

No offense but you sound like you have a grudge against Nintendo. You sound extremely illogical and biased. :idont
IYKYK

remy

« Reply #1212 on: June 13, 2019, 09:40:46 PM »
wasn't cuphead a bossrush game they had to shovel platforming levels into because everyone thought it was a platformer based on the graphics

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1213 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:43 PM »
nintendo haterz

curly

• cultural maoist
« Reply #1214 on: June 13, 2019, 09:41:45 PM »
Spieler1 correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you used to be a nintendo fanboy? I remember your name from the Wii U speculation thread days on gaf

Himu

« Reply #1215 on: June 13, 2019, 09:45:15 PM »
It is besides me when someone see a lineup of:

- BOTW2
- Astral Chain
- Daemon x Machina
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Maker 2
- Panzer Dragoon
- Mana 3 remake

and say that it lacks variety.

Nintendo haters are fucking weird and desperate tbh. Funnily they're almost always EX-Nintendo fanboys.
IYKYK

TVC15

• Laugh when you can, it’s cheap medicine -LB
« Reply #1216 on: June 13, 2019, 09:50:29 PM »
Cindi handing out L’s again. I can watch this all night.
serge

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #1217 on: June 13, 2019, 09:51:33 PM »
 :pimp

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1218 on: June 13, 2019, 10:00:14 PM »
For SRPGs with pretty graphics, I was really impressed with Shining Force 1 and 2's battles back in the day.

^_^

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1219 on: June 13, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
Too bad Astral Chain and Daemon x Machina are stuck on the Switch. I'll play them and wish they weren't.

You can keep the rest of the list. Mana 3 Remake is on PS4 and do I really want it after the last remake?

I also just like good games.

I don't think Nintendo games are good or appealing to me.

I buy that they're not appealing to you given what I've seen of your tastes, but they're objectively good. You just don't prefer them, which is fine, but don't get it twisted.
I mean yes. Though I don't know about objectively. Either way I don't play them so I don't really know if they are good. I just don't care.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 10:06:49 PM by Rahxephon91 »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #1220 on: June 13, 2019, 10:05:12 PM »
more power to those that are into whatever sony is developing now but i have no interest in any of it

Same here, I miss all the weird-ass shit they made in the PS1 and PS2 (and to a much lesser extent, PSP) days. I don't think you'll ever see something like PaRappa, Velldeselba Senki (a 2D sprite based RPG / 3D air combat game with gorgeous airship designs), Patchwork Heroes, Wild Arms 4/5 (3D platforming RPGs with a simplified SRPG battle system), LSD, Kuma no Uta (a simulation where you manage a singing bear) or even a Fumito Ueda game, again.

Gravity Rush and its sequel were the 2 games that most reminded me of the old Sony, even if they both have their share of flaws.
^_^

Himu

« Reply #1221 on: June 13, 2019, 10:20:27 PM »

Same here, I miss all the weird-ass shit they made in the PS1 and PS2 (and to a much lesser extent, PSP) days. I don't think you'll ever see something like PaRappa, Velldeselba Senki (a 2D sprite based RPG / 3D air combat game with gorgeous airship designs), Patchwork Heroes, Wild Arms 4/5 (3D platforming RPGs with a simplified SRPG battle system), LSD, Kuma no Uta (a simulation where you manage a singing bear) or even a Fumito Ueda game, again.

Gravity Rush and its sequel were the 2 games that most reminded me of the old Sony, even if they both have their share of flaws.

Yup. Remember when Sony published a game that ripped tracks from a cd disc and made a level out of it?

They don't even make games like Journey anymore. Or Flower? Or Rule of Rose? Or Jumping Flash? Or Ape Escape?

The silver lining is that Sony has published a lot of games that otherwise wouldn't make it this gen like Shenmue III.

I used to be a Sony stan. PS4 is a good system but their output has incredibly suffered and become more conservative and boring or "this is art."
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1222 on: June 13, 2019, 10:29:42 PM »
Note: sony has not even made a Boku no Natsuyasumi on ps4. One of those has showed up on every Sony platform made besides Vita. IDK what happened to them tbh. They used to be my favorite publisher.

:yeshrug

IYKYK

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #1223 on: June 13, 2019, 10:35:11 PM »
sony dumps all their money into third person over the shoulder action games now

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #1224 on: June 13, 2019, 10:44:33 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1225 on: June 13, 2019, 10:51:11 PM »

- BOTW2
- Astral Chain
- Daemon x Machina
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Maker 2
- Panzer Dragoon
- Mana 3 remake

Nintendo haters are fucking weird and desperate tbh. Funnily they're almost always EX-Nintendo fanboys.

Their ditching two consoles for a single one has helped immensely.  Took a little bit to get going, but we have a Nintendo console with a crazy-good output of first party offerings, plenty of third-party support, and an absolutely insane amount of indie games.  Yeah, there's a lot of ports.  There's a lot of last-gen stuff on there too.  Great if you haven't played them.  If you have and don't want to play them again, there's still a ton of games available.  I'll shit all over bad Nintendo console offerings and wasn't a fan of the Wii and Wii U, but they knocked it out of the park with the Vita 2 Switch.

Note: sony has not even made a Boku no Natsuyasumi on ps4. One of those has showed up on every Sony platform made besides Vita. IDK what happened to them tbh. They used to be my favorite publisher.

What happened is that Sony USA took control, turned into Soyny, and Sony Japan is doing...no idea.  Where are all those mobile games that they said were in development after they abandoned the Vita?  All I can think of from their Japan side in recent memory are the Gravity Rush PS4 port, Gravity Rush 2, and Hot Shots Golf.  What the hell happened here?  :(

I can find plenty to play on the Switch and it being a portable and having all the Nintendo/first-party stuff sets it apart from the rest.  PS4?  I barely play it nowadays and the one game I am really looking forward to on it is a third-party game (Samurai Shodown) that will be coming to other platforms later this year.  Their first-party output is small and generally-samey and almost all the third-party stuff is on PC.  I just don't get much out of it whereas I played the hell out of the PS1, 2, 3, PSP, and Vita.  Even after getting the system at launch, I kept wondering why I bothered since so many of the games I ended up getting for it are also on PS3, Vita, Switch, and/or PC.  If not for fighting games, I doubt I'd own one.   Maybe I just need to play Bloodborne already.  :doge
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:00:00 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1226 on: June 13, 2019, 11:00:14 PM »

- BOTW2
- Astral Chain
- Daemon x Machina
- Animal Crossing
- Mario Maker 2
- Panzer Dragoon
- Mana 3 remake

Their ditching two consoles for a single one has helped immensely.  Took a little bit to get going, but we have a Nintendo console with a crazy-good output of first party offerings, plenty of third-party support, and an absolutely insane amount of indie games.  Yeah, there's a lot of ports.  There's a lot of last-gen stuff on there too.  Great if you haven't played them.  If you have and don't want to play them again, there's still a ton of games available.  I'll shit all over bad Nintendo console offerings and wasn't a fan of the Wii and Wii U, but they knocked it out of the park with the Vita 2 Switch.

What happened is that Sony USA took control, turned into Soyny, and Sony Japan is doing...no idea.  Where are all those mobile games that they said were in development after they abandoned the Vita?  All I can think of from their Japan side in recent memory are the Gravity Rush PS4 port, Gravity Rush 2, and Hot Shots Golf.  What the hell happened here?  :(

I can find plenty to play on the Switch and it being a portable and having all the Nintendo/first-party stuff sets it apart from the rest.  PS4?  I barely play it and the one game I am really looking forward to on it is a third-party game (Samurai Shodown) that will be coming to other platforms later this year.  Their first-party output is small and generally-samey and almost all the third-party stuff is on PC.  I just don't get much out of it whereas I played the hell out of the PS1, 2, 3, PSP, and Vita.  Even after getting the system at launch, I kept wondering why I bothered since so many of the games I ended up getting for it are also on PS3, Vita, Switch, and/or PC.

Yeah I've never such a fall from grace.

Even when Nintendo systems started to lack support people still bought their systems  because they were worth buying for Nintendo games alone. Wii was shit, but Nintendo made Mario Galaxy on it for example. PS4? It's one of the most successful consoles in recent history and Sony mostly has nada and certainly aren't one of the reasons people are buying their system.

Even during PS3, during the dark days, Sony published lots of variety for everyone. When they were busy making Killzone shit they were also developing stuff like Tokyo Jungle. I have no idea what happened.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1227 on: June 13, 2019, 11:01:58 PM »
Sony also seems to have a bad habit of ditching anything that isn't a (main) Playstation console.  No way I was going to get a PSVR with how they just abandoned the Vita the way they did. 
ど助平

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #1228 on: June 13, 2019, 11:02:22 PM »

Looks solid., but i'd like to see a section that isn't as on rails.

Himu

« Reply #1229 on: June 13, 2019, 11:02:53 PM »
Sony also seems to have a bad habit of ditching anything that isn't a (main) Playstation console.  No way I was going to get a PSVR with how they just abandoned the Vita the way they did.

It felt like they totally abandoned PSP after a point too even during the days when it started to have must own games.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1230 on: June 13, 2019, 11:03:27 PM »
I don't really see how anyone couldn't have games on the PS4 to play. Seems impossible. The PS4 is the best Sony console since the PS2 with the best and most diverse library of games of all three systems. I also don't see how the exclusives are samey. Uncharted, God of War, Spider-man, Until Dawn, Spider-man and so on are nothing alike. I also can't think of the last big Switch exclusive since Smash and before that basically Zelda.

Himu

« Reply #1231 on: June 13, 2019, 11:05:50 PM »
No one is saying PS4 has no games to play. What we're arguing is Sony's output, as a publisher and developer. Sony Japan Studio used to crank out some of the quirkiest, most imaginative shit possible.

Look at their output for PS4 compared to past gens. It's really, really paltry.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SIE_Japan_Studio#Games
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1232 on: June 13, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »
PS4? It's one of the most successful consoles in recent history and Sony mostly has nada and certainly aren't one of the reasons people are buying their system.

Yeah- it's great for third party games, but I can get just about all of them on other platforms that I have.  Looking at my own collection of games, the only third-party titles I have that are only on PS4 are...Tetris Effect, Gundam Versus, Fist Of The North Star, and Utawarerumono Zan.  That's out of like 200 titles.

So many once-obscure type games that you never would see on other platforms -stuff like Game Tengoku CrusinMix and even the Million Arthur fighting game- are on or are coming out on Steam and such.  Things have really changed.
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1233 on: June 13, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »
I mean if I'm going to compare now to then. Well...I'm going to take Gravity Rush 2, Bloodborne, TLG, and the Shadow Remake over things like Folklore and Ape Escape.

Himu

« Reply #1234 on: June 13, 2019, 11:14:31 PM »
Remember when Sony published an rts game where you play as a bad dude in an rpg setting trying to destroy a town?

What happened man?

And shit like Patapon?

Meanwhile Nintendo and Microsoft have mostly stood by their bread and butter and what made them stand out. This partially why i'm not even excited for PS5.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1235 on: June 13, 2019, 11:26:45 PM »
I don't really see how anyone couldn't have games on the PS4 to play. Seems impossible.

Not what we're saying at all- Cindi has it covered.

The PS4 is the best Sony console since the PS2 with the best and most diverse library of games of all three systems.

I can't agree with that at all.  The PS1 is probably has the most diverse lineup of games.  There was some really crazy shit released on it.

I also don't see how the exclusives are samey. Uncharted, God of War, Spider-man, Until Dawn, Spider-man and so on are nothing alike.

:teehee

This is just my opinion on it- I am beyond of tired of these massive, big-budget overly-cinematic games where you spend time just walking forward listening to characters talk and shit.   This isn't just a Sony thing-  I stay away from a lot of the so-called "AAA" stuff now like Assassin's Creed and the like.

I also can't think of the last big Switch exclusive since Smash and before that basically Zelda.

Super Mario Odyssey doesn't come to mind?  Splatoon 2 is also pretty big.

In a little over two years, Nintendo published:

The Legend Of Zelda Breath Of The Wild
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario Tennis Aces
Yoshi's Crafted World
Kirby Star Allies
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna The Golden Country
Pokken Tournament DX
ARMS
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Splatoon 2
Sushi Striker
Fire Emblem Warriors
Nintendo LABO stuff
1-2 Switch
Snipperclips/Plus
Tetris 99
Pokemon Let's Go
Cadence Of Hyrule (Is this Nintendo?  Assuming they're the publisher)
Super Mario Maker 2 (out in a few weeks)

And there were ports of Wii U titles with varying degrees of added or changed content:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition

That's pretty damn good, overall, for one publisher.  I also like that some of these games continued to or still continue get new content added on the regular for free.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:32:42 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1236 on: June 13, 2019, 11:28:59 PM »
PS4 really is the fighting game system.

Imagine if Bloodborne, Shenmue III, and all those fighting games were also on Xbox.

Bork what do you make of the PS5's trajectory as of now?
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1237 on: June 13, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »
shenmue 1 and 2 are on game pass :rejoice

gimme 3 on xbone too :maf

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1238 on: June 13, 2019, 11:33:29 PM »
Yeah I'm not going to praise MS for simply rotating through tired franchises of Gears, Halo, and Forza. With Gears and Halo seemingly not knowing fuck all where to go.

And it's not like Nintendo is putting new ip after new ip.

Sony has always delivered western single player games. Or do you want to brush off Syphon Filter, The Getaway, Killzone, and Jax and Daxter. Except they were never the main focus to own the system.

Now things like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-man, and so on are. None of those games are the same and Sony's output is the most varied and consistent of the three. Japanese output may be down, but then again there are less games in general. Yet things like Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, Astro Bot, and Knack happen. With even more niche stuff like The Tomorrow Children and that Fromsoft VR game.

Himu

« Reply #1239 on: June 13, 2019, 11:34:39 PM »
Oh man, PS1 and PS2's variety.

Whew.

I'm not going to say PS4 doesn't have variety, because it does, but pretty much all of it is also multiplatform. What made PSX and PS2 the abslute gangstas of their day was that a lot of their titles were games you could only find on Playstation. PS doesn't have that clout anymore. Hell, no one does besides Nintendo honestly.

I think a big reason for this is even Sony's own policies. For example, a lot of the games they're publishing now or they make exclusive are CONSOLE exclusive. So in other words, they allow the game on Steam but NOT Xbox or Nintendo. But this also makes PS less exclusive than before because you get the same game on Steam.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1240 on: June 13, 2019, 11:41:11 PM »
list wars :rejoice

e3 :rejoice

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1241 on: June 13, 2019, 11:41:18 PM »

Imagine if Bloodborne, Shenmue III, and all those fighting games were also on Xbox.

(Image removed from quote.)

Aren't a lot of those fighting games on Xbox too? If not, they're on Steam.  Even PS4 EXCLUSIVE Street Fighter V.    :doge  But the fighting game community at large has definitely moved to PS4 as their main platform.

I see it being pretty much PS4 continued- so still the top system worldwide with the same output of western-developed first party titles and little to nothing from Japan.  It's so weird to me that *SONY* no longer seems to mean "Japanese console" anymore.

I can't say I'm hyped for it, but they also haven't shown anything yet, so I'm not going to just say that I'm not going to get one- we don't know what the hell is coming out for it!   :lol 

PS4 backwards-compatibility is nice so I can ditch mine if I do get one, but unless there's just some huge HOLY SHIT GOTTA HAVE IT NOW game at launch, I'm going to wait to see if I want to buy one instead of getting it on day one, which could be a first for me- been getting the Sony consoles on day one since the PS1.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #1242 on: June 13, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
xbone has the majority of the fighters out there other than sfv and anime games. pc is the way to go for fighters now anyway imo, even if fgc events are all ps4

Himu

« Reply #1243 on: June 13, 2019, 11:48:41 PM »
Xbone has most of the fighters played but the main flagship fighter, SFV, isn't on it and therefore most went to PS4. As a result it's not the main fighter system with pc in a nice second.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #1244 on: June 13, 2019, 11:50:43 PM »

Aren't a lot of those fighting games on Xbox too? If not, they're on Steam.  Even PS4 EXCLUSIVE Street Fighter V.    :doge  But the fighting game community at large has definitely moved to PS4 as their main platform.

I see it being pretty much PS4 continued- so still the top system worldwide with the same output of western-developed first party titles and little to nothing from Japan.  It's so weird to me that *SONY* no longer seems to mean "Japanese console" anymore.

I can't say I'm hyped for it, but they also haven't shown anything yet, so I'm not going to just say that I'm not going to get one- we don't know what the hell is coming out for it!   :lol 

PS4 backwards-compatibility is nice so I can ditch mine if I do get one, but unless there's just some huge HOLY SHIT GOTTA HAVE IT NOW game at launch, I'm going to wait to see if I want to buy one instead of getting it on day one, which could be a first for me- been getting the Sony consoles on day one since the PS1.

SFV is a real quick and dirty example of Sony's "exclusives" this gen. It's "exclusive" but only on consoles. Sony claims it's exclusive but really it just takes away from their thunder because really, it ain't.
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1245 on: June 13, 2019, 11:53:21 PM »
Yeah I'm not going to praise MS for simply rotating through tired franchises of Gears, Halo, and Forza. With Gears and Halo seemingly not knowing fuck all where to go.

Yup.  There are some other games like ReCore, but when I think of Microsoft now, I just think of 20 Forzas with a smattering of Gears and Halo.  I did not like Halo 4 but I am interesting in trying the MCC games once they come to PC...for the Bungie-developed ones.  Will be nice to have Halo 1-3 to play MP online in again. 

And it's not like Nintendo is putting new ip after new ip.

Nintendo is overall doing the best job with their first-party output in terms of variety than either MS or Sony, IMO.

Sony has always delivered western single player games. Or do you want to brush off Syphon Filter, The Getaway, Killzone, and Jax and Daxter. Except they were never the main focus to own the system.

And Sly Cooper and others I'm probably forgetting about.  Hey, Ratchet And Clank are still around.

...Alongside a shitload of Japanese games.  That's what's missing here.  Plus the variety.  Do we have anything from Sony on PS4 like Syphon Filter?  What about The Getaway?  Or even a platformer like Jak or Sly?  Not sure if Knack or GR would count there.  I guess GR maybe.  We got one Killzone game at launch and it wasn't that hot.  Any other FPS games from Sony?  Nope.  It's like they just said "well, we tried with Resistance and Killzone.  We're done!" and gave up. 

Now things like Uncharted, God of War, Spider-man, and so on are. None of those games are the same and Sony's output is the most varied and consistent of the three.

:doge

Japanese output may be down, but then again there are less games in general.

Huh?

Yet things like Gravity Rush, Bloodborne, Astro Bot, and Knack happen. With even more niche stuff like The Tomorrow Children and that Fromsoft VR game.

You know it's quality when you're listing KNACK.  Astro Bot is a PSVR game- counting that as a separate platform. 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 11:57:41 PM by bork »
ど助平

Himu

« Reply #1246 on: June 14, 2019, 12:01:00 AM »
Like I said earlier old Sony was always about balance. They'd certainly have western stuff like Syphon Filter, but they'd also have unique games like Ape Escape or Parappa. Last gen, while Sony was gargling some Uncharted and Killzone spunk, they also released games like Tokyo Jungle, Folklore, and Journey. Sony has always been about balance when it came to publishing and developing.
IYKYK

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1247 on: June 14, 2019, 12:03:58 AM »
Rah's views are interesting cause they are basically the opposite of mine
:nope PS4
:ohyeah Switch
Hi

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1248 on: June 14, 2019, 12:04:39 AM »
Games take longer and are more expensive. It's a fact that there are less games published by everyone compared to the non HD gens.

And no I don't think Knack is a good game, but I also doubt that list of Nintendo games was really filled with note worthy or really games people actually care about. I'm sure we could bring in the digital only Sony published games if really wanted to go complete list wars. Which is where I'm sure a lot of the smaller and more diverse games are anyway. But since I don't play those games, I'm not aware of them.

And either way you can note the similarities in their singler player games if you want to. But I'm not going to see it. Uncharted and God of War didn't play at all the same. Spider-man and Horizon weren't the same beyond open world conventions. The overly cinematic critique is annoying because all four of these games have legitimate good gameplay. Either way, I'd take Horizon over whatever Nintendo puts out and thats really where I'm going to leave it.

remy

« Reply #1249 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:06 AM »
Games take longer and are more expensive. It's a fact that there are less games published by everyone compared to the non HD gens.

And no I don't think Knack is a good game, but I also doubt that list of Nintendo games was really filled with note worthy or really games people actually care about. I'm sure we could bring in the digital only Sony published games if really wanted to go complete list wars. Which is where I'm sure a lot of the smaller and more diverse games are anyway. But since I don't play those games, I'm not aware of them.

And either way you can note the similarities in their singler player games if you want to. But I'm not going to see it. Uncharted and God of War didn't play at all the same. Spider-man and Horizon weren't the same beyond open world conventions. The overly cinematic critique is annoying because all four of these games have legitimate good gameplay. Either way, I'd take Horizon over whatever Nintendo puts out and thats really where I'm going to leave it.
horizon, spiderman, good gameplay  ::)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1250 on: June 14, 2019, 12:08:18 AM »
Man, this has me nostalgic for the good ol' days of Sony first-party offerings.

Motor Toon Grand Prix, Omega Boost, Syphon Filter, Twisted Metal, Kinetica, Warhawk, Sly Cooper, Ape Escape, Fantavision, Jumping Flash, Parappa/Lammy, Vib Ribbon, SOCOM, Wild Arms, Devil Dice, Freedom Wars, LocoRoco, Patapon, Gravity Rush, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Soul Sacrifice, Malicious, Little Big Planet, Wipeout, Motor Storm, Mark Of Kri/Rise Of The Kasai, Tomba, and so many more.  R.I.P.

:tocry
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 12:12:42 AM by bork »
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1251 on: June 14, 2019, 12:13:58 AM »

Hey I can't help that you're wrong. They are good games.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_video_games#PlayStation_4

At the end of the day, I don't know you can claim Sony dosen't release a diverse set of games.

remy

« Reply #1252 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:02 AM »
Man, this has me nostalgic for the good ol' days of Sony first-party offerings.

[...] Devil Dice, [...] Tomba,
 :tocry
:mouf

Himu

« Reply #1253 on: June 14, 2019, 12:15:42 AM »
INTELLIGENT QUBE.

IYKYK

remy

« Reply #1254 on: June 14, 2019, 12:19:40 AM »

Well the 5.1 surround sound in horizon is pretty sweet but it plays like shit dude

Himu

« Reply #1255 on: June 14, 2019, 12:21:23 AM »
DA GAWD

:ohyeah

GHOST IN THE FUCKING SHELL
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1256 on: June 14, 2019, 12:23:35 AM »
Sony Music first published the Tenchu games in Japan.
:lawd

ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1257 on: June 14, 2019, 12:23:59 AM »
DA GAWD

:ohyeah

GHOST IN THE FUCKING SHELL

OK, I gotta get that $30 PS1 Classic set up with all this good shit and relive the glory days.
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #1258 on: June 14, 2019, 12:27:17 AM »
Little known fact, it took five thousand Asian contractors ten years to figure out how to render that PS1 intro at 1080p. They never saw their families again.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1259 on: June 14, 2019, 12:30:20 AM »

Well the 5.1 surround sound in horizon is pretty sweet but it plays like shit dude
No.....