Author Topic: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)  (Read 33955 times)

Philip Cardgage

• #1 Creeper Lagoon Fan
Re: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)
« Reply #840 on: February 20, 2021, 09:14:19 PM »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #841 on: February 22, 2021, 04:38:30 PM »
I'm finding Mass Effect Andromeda to be a real bore after 15-20 hours. The side quests all suck, the loot sucks, the load times suck. The action is fine.

The lore is good, but the dialog is terrible. There's no option to play a more serious, scientific, rational Ryder. The dialog wheels are just different ways to say the same thing. No renegade options. The characters speak like teenagers, and they're meant to be the best and brightest colonists the Milky Way has to offer? Sheesh. I'd like to blame the MCU for the dumbing down of nerd shit across the board. Everyone needs to be a snappy fucking Iron Man cracking jokes while a planet explodes

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #842 on: February 22, 2021, 04:41:26 PM »
I'm finding Mass Effect Andromeda to be a real bore after 15-20 hours. The side quests all suck, the loot sucks, the load times suck. The action is fine.

The lore is good, but the dialog is terrible. There's no option to play a more serious, scientific, rational Ryder. The dialog wheels are just different ways to say the same thing. No renegade options. The characters speak like teenagers, and they're meant to be the best and brightest colonists the Milky Way has to offer? Sheesh. I'd like to blame the MCU for the dumbing down of nerd shit across the board. Everyone needs to be a snappy fucking Iron Man cracking jokes while a planet explodes

Yeah, that's about how far I got. Played it for a few hours "hey, this isn't so bad", got about 15 hours in and :zzz
@

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #843 on: February 22, 2021, 04:55:29 PM »
Yeah I think I'm gonna go back to RE7 and knock out some challenges/unlocakbles/cheevos in anticipation of VIIIage. Got all the DLC to play as well

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #844 on: February 22, 2021, 06:15:09 PM »

i told you biaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch thats what you get
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #845 on: February 22, 2021, 07:34:57 PM »
I would try Andromeda except EA Play is still nowhere to be seen on Game Pass PC  :(

Pissy F Benny

• Damn you to hell Rumpelstiltskin
« Reply #846 on: February 25, 2021, 12:09:45 PM »
Downloaded dirt 5 and it's p fucking good  :itagaki

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I've never messed with the series other than a few demos that never grabbed me
[close]

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #847 on: February 25, 2021, 12:56:21 PM »
the vibe is shitty EA BIG style but Dirt5 has some of the best ice racing I have ever played.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #848 on: February 25, 2021, 04:05:26 PM »
I would try Andromeda except EA Play is still nowhere to be seen on Game Pass PC  :(

I wouldnt bother even if it was there. As others have said its much lesser/buggier/crappier/unfinished beta version of these newer open world games like AssCreed. Apparently Bioware bled a lot of talent during the 10's hence Andromeda, Anthem

Bebpo

« Reply #849 on: February 27, 2021, 12:45:09 AM »
You know, after the PS5 version of Dirt was killed 2 weeks after release when they added vsync which broke the game causing random frame drops to 15-20fps from 60 at spots every race I was ready to check it out on PC at unlocked fps on a 165hz gsync monitor.

Tried it out and...definitely smoother, but even on max everything the PC graphics look...shitty? Dynamic res is off but everything in the distance looks really low res. I feel like the PS5 version looks way better and sharper.

And honestly coming from the Dual Sense it's pretty jarring. Oh well.

I read the latest PS5 patch this week reduced the slowdown drops a lot, though they are still there. Will probably give the PS5 version another spin over the weekend to compare.

Game is an alright arcade racer. It's not great, but it's not bad outside certain event types that control like dogshit. Reminds me of Sega Rally Reboot but not as good.