Author Topic: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)  (Read 110832 times)

Bebpo

Re: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)
« Reply #480 on: September 09, 2020, 11:25:30 AM »
Good addition, but when I looked at EA Play the other day when it came to steam it still seemed pretty lackluster. Didn't even have Jedi Fallen Order. Even for $5/month was pretty meh on it. Figured I'd sub some month to play ME2 and Unravel 1+2 and...that's about it. Now will play them on Game Pass and save $5.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #481 on: September 09, 2020, 03:43:52 PM »
I'm almost considering getting a series S with gamepass just to play Ninja Gaiden Black/2 and Skate 3.  :doge
I won't do it ofc. as that would be distinguished mentally-challenged, but i thought about it.

Bebpo

« Reply #482 on: September 09, 2020, 03:52:53 PM »
Does gamepass include Xbox/Xbox360 games? Or would you have to re-buy those digitally?

I might even get an S for that price if it has X360/Xbox games included.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #483 on: September 09, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »
Yeah, that's EA games. Now on GamePass #ad
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #484 on: September 09, 2020, 04:36:00 PM »
So with Outer Worlds expansion out today I'm gonna take a bet on that idea that 1st party MS games will stick around on Game Pass. There's 2 expansions, one today and one early next year, which is over a year since the game launched last Oct/Nov. The season pass for both expansions is cheaper than buying them separately by a few bucks, so gonna buy the season pass.

If Outer Worlds falls off Game Pass before the next expansion though, I'd have to buy the game to play the 2nd expansion I already bought which would be expensive. So fingers crossed since it's MS 1st party it's here to stay. Will see.

Also I didn't even like Outer Worlds, thought it was one of the weaker Obsidian rpgs. But I'm a sucker for anything story-based from Obsidian, so will play the expansions.

Bebpo

« Reply #485 on: September 09, 2020, 05:31:31 PM »
Man, I don't remember how to play this game at all or any of the story/gameplay. This was a very forgettable "beat in a week" game last year.

Thankfully I seem pretty overpowered/geared so I can just headshot any enemies for now if talking doesn't work.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #486 on: September 09, 2020, 06:22:01 PM »
Does gamepass include Xbox/Xbox360 games? Or would you have to re-buy those digitally?

I don't have an xbox, but from the site, it does seem to include plenty of old (360/OGbox) games.
At least, it says both NG are included, for example.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #487 on: September 09, 2020, 06:30:39 PM »

Yes there are some 360 and even OG Xbox games on GamePass for console - but it's mostly MS IPs (Fable... Fusion Frenzy lul)

Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 are on there as well
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #488 on: September 09, 2020, 08:35:54 PM »
That’s cool. More access to classic games is always good.

In other news they’re finally raising the price of PC game pass next month from $5 to $10. I know all these people got it for years on $1 or something because they also have an Xbox and got on Ultimate, but I don’t so doubles it from $60 to $120/yr. Probably still worth it and get my money’s worth but if I’m not playing anything on it might unsub between months.

Explains the timing of adding EA Access. Save $5/month with free EA but now you pay $5 more per month

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #489 on: September 10, 2020, 12:10:57 AM »
Just downloaded

- Stranger Things 3
- Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
- Tell Me Why (last chapter is out today 9/10)
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #490 on: September 10, 2020, 03:34:32 AM »
Hotshot Racing is up, downloading

edit: Played some races, this game is fucking dope aesthetically, I really like the ability to boost out of OutRun 2-style drift turns
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 04:06:50 AM by Sho Nuff »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #491 on: September 10, 2020, 03:40:33 AM »
Yeah im not that interested in this at 10€ a month
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #492 on: September 10, 2020, 04:17:01 AM »
It depends on how much stuff you already own mostly. I had like a year of gamepass with the 1 dollar conversion and played through basically all the games I wanted to play that I don't already own.

Now I just get a single month of it when there's a bunch of new stuff I don't neccesarily want to own, but kinda want to play anyways.

Bebpo

« Reply #493 on: September 10, 2020, 04:42:15 AM »
Just downloaded

- Stranger Things 3
- Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance
- Tell Me Why (last chapter is out today 9/10)

I read somewhere gave Stranger Things 3 like the worst rated review of the year last year. I think it was Edge and maybe like a 3/10 or something. I like spritework but that sounded like a total skip.

Speaking of nice sprite work that Star Renegades game that they just put up on PC looks nice. Might try it out.

Also just looked at Dark Crystal and what the fuck at them making a tactics rpg out of that. So bizarre.

Hotshot Racing is up, downloading

edit: Played some races, this game is fucking dope aesthetically, I really like the ability to boost out of OutRun 2-style drift turns

I checked out the reviews on this because I like's Sumo Digital's racers with Outrun 2 and Sonic Transformed. Reviews seem ok. Basically, looks great but the tracks are wide and boring because the game was originally designed as an Interstate 76' style combat focused game and changed to a racing-focus midway.

I'll try it out, but not expecting to stick with it.

Bebpo

« Reply #494 on: September 10, 2020, 04:51:59 AM »
It depends on how much stuff you already own mostly. I had like a year of gamepass with the 1 dollar conversion and played through basically all the games I wanted to play that I don't already own.

Now I just get a single month of it when there's a bunch of new stuff I don't neccesarily want to own, but kinda want to play anyways.

For me it just comes down to having the time. There's a handful of games on game pass I'd like to play, but they're not top-priority backlog games so I'd rather spend the time playing better games elsewhere. Occasionally they get something that's a day 1 play on game pass, but most of it is just add to the backlog games and then maybe 6 months later I'm between games and actually play through something on Game Pass.

Pretty sure the only Game Pass games I've finished since it launched on PC were Forza Horizon 4, Blazing Chrome, The Messenger, Slay the Spire, Ori 2 and The Outer Worlds.

On the other hand I get value out of Game Pass being essentially a demo station. I try a lot of games that I have a slight interest in and would probably have bought on steam sale only to find out that I'm over them in 30 mins and now I don't need to buy them on steam sale. Money saved right there.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #495 on: September 10, 2020, 04:54:44 AM »
Yeah I play/try loooaaads more games now then ever before.

So many games I would otherwise never have played.

Best thing about the service.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #496 on: September 10, 2020, 04:56:05 AM »
I hatestreamed through a lot of those walking sim/horror games with a friend. Good times were had.

kingv

« Reply #497 on: September 10, 2020, 09:17:20 AM »

For me it just comes down to having the time. There's a handful of games on game pass I'd like to play, but they're not top-priority backlog games so I'd rather spend the time playing better games elsewhere. Occasionally they get something that's a day 1 play on game pass, but most of it is just add to the backlog games and then maybe 6 months later I'm between games and actually play through something on Game Pass.

Pretty sure the only Game Pass games I've finished since it launched on PC were Forza Horizon 4, Blazing Chrome, The Messenger, Slay the Spire, Ori 2 and The Outer Worlds.

On the other hand I get value out of Game Pass being essentially a demo station. I try a lot of games that I have a slight interest in and would probably have bought on steam sale only to find out that I'm over them in 30 mins and now I don't need to buy them on steam sale. Money saved right there.

Basically how I feel. Wasteland 3 I would have purchased at launch for sure, and probably battletowds (even though it’s not great).

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #498 on: September 10, 2020, 12:53:03 PM »
EA Play will come with a bunch of 360 games and a single OG Xbox game, to further answer Bebpo's question

- Mass Effect series
- Dragon Age series
- Dead Space series
- Peggle
- Battlefield series
- Mirror's Edge
- Crysis series
- Fight Night
- Medal of Honor
- Plants vs Zombies
- SSX
- Alice
- Skate 3
- Black (OG)

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/ea-play

Current 360/OG games on GamePass

- Alan Wake
- Banjo Kazooie series
- Double Dragon Neon
- Fable series
- Fallout New Vegas
- Fuzion Frenzy (OG)
- Gears series
- Jet Pac Refulled
- JoyRide Turbo
- Kameo
- Lego Star Wars 3
- Mass Effect (since it was published by MS I guess)
- Ninja Gaiden 2 (I guess NGB isn't on here)
- Panzer Dragoon Orta (OG)
- Perfect Dark
- Perfect Dark Zero
- Viva Pinata series
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 12:59:25 PM by demi »
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #499 on: September 10, 2020, 02:10:20 PM »
They should promote Xbox Series S with Skate 3 in commercials

:brain
What

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #500 on: September 10, 2020, 02:20:47 PM »
If they did you’d probably bitch about it anyway :trumps :rash
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #501 on: September 10, 2020, 02:46:00 PM »
Im not sure why I would when I literally suggested it
What

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Beezy

« Reply #503 on: September 11, 2020, 06:45:44 PM »
Touhou Luna Nights and Double Kick Heroes look pretty good. Downloading these along with Hotshot Racing.

Bebpo

« Reply #504 on: September 11, 2020, 07:12:22 PM »
Touhou Luna Nights and Double Kick Heroes look pretty good. Downloading these along with Hotshot Racing.

I didn't like double kick heroes. Kinda a boring music game. Mostly just alternating beat hits between high & low shots.

Bebpo

« Reply #505 on: September 12, 2020, 05:22:14 PM »
So there's a way to pre-pay PC game pass as many months out as you want at the $5/month price before it hikes to $10/month. Kinda of iffy since you don't know the quality, but ehh, option is there. You go to settings in the app -> click on the grey game pass (not manage) and scroll down and hit the green extend button and keep buying one month at a time.

I figure I'll get like a year.

Bebpo

« Reply #506 on: September 12, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »
Man, I'm tempted to do a year of Ultimate for $12. Then if I get an S could just use it as a console game pass box. But probably won't get an S and then just spending $12 on nothing since I don't have any xbox systems. Hmmm, oh well.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #507 on: September 12, 2020, 06:19:41 PM »
So there's a way to pre-pay PC game pass as many months out as you want at the $5/month price before it hikes to $10/month. Kinda of iffy since you don't know the quality, but ehh, option is there. You go to settings in the app -> click on the grey game pass (not manage) and scroll down and hit the green extend button and keep buying one month at a time.

Quoting for the new page.
I might do this. :thinking.

When's the price hike? How much time do i have to think about it?

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #508 on: September 12, 2020, 06:22:55 PM »
Bepbo you got screens on where to go?
What

Bebpo

« Reply #509 on: September 12, 2020, 07:35:46 PM »

Quoting for the new page.
I might do this. :thinking.

When's the price hike? How much time do i have to think about it?

Price hike is next week on the 17th I think. 5 days.

Bepbo you got screens on where to go?

Sure, gimme a sec

Bebpo

« Reply #510 on: September 12, 2020, 07:50:35 PM »
Step #1 - In the game pass app, go to settings and click manage

Step #2 - It'll open up a browser tab, log in and click manage

Step #3 - Click turn off recurring billing, then turn it off

Step #4 - Go back to the app and go to settings and now click on the Xbox Game Pass link

Step #5 - Scroll down and click on the Extend button, this will let you buy 1 month extension at $4.99. If you haven't turned off recurring billing the Extend button will not be there.

Step #6 - Purchase the 1 month under extend. Note that this turns recurring billing back on each time. So now you have to loop back and do step #1 again to turn off recurring billing before going and extending another month. Takes about 1-2 mins each month you extend.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #511 on: September 12, 2020, 11:12:26 PM »
Playing the OG Halo within The Master Chief collection. Shit holds up great. Love the 90s style soundtrack too:

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #512 on: September 13, 2020, 06:43:25 AM »
Thanks Bepbo I'll have to see if I can make it work!

Somehow I already extended it by one month by going unsigned to the 1€ page 😂
What

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #513 on: September 13, 2020, 10:47:22 PM »
wtf Master Chief Collection has 700 achievements :dizzy

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #514 on: September 14, 2020, 12:23:12 PM »
Yup that's why I never touched it - that and I'm certainly not playing Halo [again]

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/14/cloud-gaming-with-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

River City Girls & Katana ZERO is on the list under "xCloud launch lineup"
fat

Beezy

« Reply #515 on: September 14, 2020, 12:35:21 PM »
Why do I even buy digital only games on the Switch anymore?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #516 on: September 14, 2020, 01:34:29 PM »
Thanks Bepbo, bought 2 years with your method, i figured the first 2 years of a console launch, with no games to show (like in MS's case) it's where they'll rely on Gamepass the most, then 2 years in they'll probably change things around or get tired of it or whatever.

One crushing doubt though: Since you have to reinstall Windows every time you change CPU/MoBo, can you just transfer your Windows account/Gamepass to the new copy of Windows? Not being able to upgrade cpu for the next 2 years just because of gamepass, would be hilariously stupid.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #517 on: September 14, 2020, 01:50:49 PM »
One crushing doubt though: Since you have to reinstall Windows every time you change CPU/MoBo, can you just transfer your Windows account/Gamepass to the new copy of Windows? Not being able to upgrade cpu for the next 2 years just because of gamepass, would be hilariously stupid.
You don't have to re-install Windows. First boot on the new mobo will just take a while.

Logging in on the new machine should be enough to migrate the licence, no? Though I would be concerned too, given how rickety the MS store can be.

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #518 on: September 14, 2020, 01:51:56 PM »
overall link to MS account so shouldn't be an issue?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #519 on: September 14, 2020, 02:10:53 PM »
This is the first PC i have on W10, so i'm not sure, but when i installed it, i remember reading that if i were to change mobo, i'd have to ask them to deactivate my W10 key, and then reactivate it on the new component.
I don't understand why the MS account would need to be tied to one W10 copy though, so maybe it isn't and i understood that wrong.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #520 on: September 14, 2020, 02:22:56 PM »
Thanks Bepbo, bought 2 years with your method, i figured the first 2 years of a console launch, with no games to show (like in MS's case) it's where they'll rely on Gamepass the most, then 2 years in they'll probably change things around or get tired of it or whatever.

I upgraded my motherboard and cpu and installed windows on a new drive last year. All I had to do was log into my Microsoft account and it handled activating Windows and the game pass subscription automatically.

Bebpo

« Reply #521 on: September 14, 2020, 03:04:52 PM »
Yup that's why I never touched it - that and I'm certainly not playing Halo [again]

(Image removed from quote.)

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/14/cloud-gaming-with-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/

Seems kinda weak for PC compared to the last couple months of big hits. Hopefully River City & Katana Zero are pc.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #522 on: September 15, 2020, 11:59:43 AM »
For those going with the Xbox all access plan for a series X/S and are wondering how GamePass ultimate is being provided for the 24 months, it's a token. So you essentially will be adding 2 years to your existing GamePass subscription.

Freyj

« Reply #523 on: September 15, 2020, 07:07:36 PM »
Playing Wasteland 3 on an Ultimate trial and had to read a reddit thread on how to backup saves because the game wasn’t able to see my existing saves anymore. Apparently this is a widespread issue with GamePass PC and not just Wasteland. Between this and shoddy controller support I think I’m just going to pay the premium and stick with Steam.

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #524 on: September 20, 2020, 01:50:33 AM »
For those going with the Xbox all access plan for a series X/S and are wondering how GamePass ultimate is being provided for the 24 months, it's a token. So you essentially will be adding 2 years to your existing GamePass subscription.

Cheers G

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #525 on: September 21, 2020, 09:49:42 AM »
Now that MS owns Bethesda, GamePass is about to get a hot beef injection
fat

Svejk

« Reply #526 on: September 21, 2020, 10:08:28 AM »
Same with the price most likely. :doge

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #527 on: September 21, 2020, 10:18:01 AM »
GamePass will remain the best value in gaming. Enjoy your doom and gloom. And $30 "PS+ Collection"
fat

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #528 on: September 21, 2020, 10:28:44 AM »
Phil-shootin-ropes.gif

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #529 on: September 23, 2020, 04:41:48 AM »
Same with the price most likely. :doge

100% FUD

Cerveza mas fina

• filler
« Reply #530 on: September 23, 2020, 03:41:39 PM »
When will EA stuff come to Gamepass?

Really wanna play some Battlefield

Bebpo

« Reply #531 on: September 23, 2020, 03:53:02 PM »
rumor seems to be Doom Eternal coming soon to game pass. Hopefully PC + Console.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #532 on: September 23, 2020, 05:35:06 PM »
When will EA stuff come to Gamepass?

Really wanna play some Battlefield

EA is holiday, probably around Series X launch
fat

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #533 on: September 23, 2020, 09:46:19 PM »
rumor seems to be Doom Eternal coming soon to game pass. Hopefully PC + Console.

Hot hot hot. Was waiting for a price drop in the Japans but THIS WILL SUFFICE

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #534 on: September 24, 2020, 08:11:47 AM »
Eh game sucks ass anyway
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #535 on: September 24, 2020, 12:03:02 PM »
Doom Eternal is Coming to Xbox Game Pass on October 1 #ad
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #536 on: September 24, 2020, 03:36:39 PM »
I wouldn't say it sucks ass, but its certainly disappointing.

I'll still give it a shot for free.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #537 on: September 24, 2020, 04:16:16 PM »
I wouldn't say it sucks ass, but its certainly disappointing.

I'll still give it a shot for free.

That's what she said

:umad
What

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #538 on: September 24, 2020, 04:24:01 PM »
That's definitely not what she said.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #539 on: September 29, 2020, 10:13:49 AM »
fat