Author Topic: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)  (Read 110864 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: XBOX GamePass ~*OT*~ best service, best console (now with EA Play)
« Reply #540 on: September 29, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »
i thought forza 7 was already on there :thinking :lol
(ice)

Beezy

« Reply #541 on: September 29, 2020, 11:45:26 AM »
Are the Forza Motorsports games still doing well? I feel like people only talk about Horizon nowadays.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #542 on: September 29, 2020, 11:57:17 AM »
They are what they are at this point, they've nailed the game play for the type of game they're going for. At least with Horizon you have a completely new area with every new game. I think MS has realised that churning out a new version every two years has diminishing returns. I wouldn't be surprised if they go for more of a gaas model for forza 8 tbh.

The ones this gen have had some microtransaction and loot box nastiness in them, but I think the paid stuff has been patched out of 7 now.

Forza 7 looks pretty fucking nice on xbox one x though :drool
(ice)

Bebpo

« Reply #543 on: September 29, 2020, 01:07:47 PM »
I liked the demo of Ikenfell. Seemed like a neat little indie rpg that used srpg elements in the battle system and had good spritework.
Could be boring though.

As a PC person I guess I'll try Forza 7? Never liked a non-Horizon Forza game before but I'll keep giving them shots for free. I like GT games when they have decent campaigns so theoretically I should like Forza but it's never clicked. Horizon games are great.

Will play Doom Eternal when it gets on PC eventually. The delay apparently is because they don't even have a workable Windows Store PC version lol and have to create one to get it on gamepass. Windows Store is so terrible.

Cerveza mas fina

• I don't care for Islam tbqh
  • filler
« Reply #544 on: September 29, 2020, 02:00:21 PM »
Vermintide 2 is a lot of fun

Another great addition

Cant wait foe Doom either

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #545 on: October 05, 2020, 10:42:20 PM »
I finally got the 1000 reward points for the big monthly quest completion for the first time ever. pretty good. Might cash em in for a gift card and get the  new AC7 DLC when that drops

Bebpo

« Reply #546 on: October 09, 2020, 02:36:12 AM »
Ikenfell's busted on PC. Game won't even boot. Streets of Rage 4 all over again.

I've noticed that 2d titles on PC Game Pass seem to have issues about 1/4th of the time. 3d games almost never have any problems. Something about how Windows Store wrapper works with Unity or other 2d engines just fucks them up. Pretty shitty.

It's weird how they can release games on Game Pass PC that won't even boot and work for anyone. It's like there is zero QA for Game Pass PC testing these games before they put them up. Weird.

Guess another reason to get a Series S/X is to actually have a Game Pass where all the games work.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #547 on: October 09, 2020, 02:44:50 AM »
Over-under on Mafia Remake and RIDE4 hitting this? I'm tempted to just buy both, but if they come out on Gamepass in a month, i'll feel like a cunt.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #548 on: October 09, 2020, 05:06:06 AM »
Quantum Break is pretty slick! I'm really enjoying the narrative and the tv show is fun. Love the graphical effects and sci-fi hokum. The live action kung Fu is a bit crappy but the production values of the show are otherwise pretty impressive. A lot of beautiful people, the main guy is pretty handsome. The hacker/surveillance expert dude is pretty funny, good actor. Looking forward to smashing through this! Looks like an easy 1000/1000 too, I am playing on Hard mode because I are good @ video game
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 06:11:39 PM by The Sceneman »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #549 on: October 09, 2020, 05:32:02 AM »
Over-under on Mafia Remake and RIDE4 hitting this? I'm tempted to just buy both, but if they come out on Gamepass in a month, i'll feel like a cunt.

Ppl play RIDE?
What

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #550 on: October 09, 2020, 06:38:12 AM »
Nah, they made four of them just to spite you.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #551 on: October 09, 2020, 07:55:36 AM »

I wouldn’t expect either on game pass for 6 months at least (a year more likely), unless Microsoft buys out either 2k or whoever the fuck makes ride before then :yeshrug
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #552 on: October 09, 2020, 08:33:45 AM »

I dont care either way but I thought they were a bit mediocre no?
What

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #553 on: October 09, 2020, 04:38:41 PM »

I dont care either way but I thought they were a bit mediocre no?
I was just itching for a bike racer, and Milestone's been pretty good in the past (plus, a bit of nationalistic bias.   ;)) But yeah looking at the steam reviews, it seems like it needs a patch or two.

Bebpo

« Reply #554 on: October 10, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »
So I did some testing on PC and figured out a bunch of stuff.

Basically Ikenfell wasn't booting and it was for other people. I noticed when I'd boot it the lights would turn on my Dual Shock 4 controller meaning it was activating. So I tried unplugging my DS4 which was plugged in via USB. And the game boots fine. But if I plug the DS4 in at any time the game instantly crashes weird.

I tried hooking my DS4 up via Bluetooth and the game runs fine but my DS4 doesn't work right in BT for whatever reason with lags and disconnects which is why I play it wired. So essentially having a wired controller in the USB port crashes Ikenfell.

So I tried my 8bitdo SN30+ controller that I use on Switch as my Pro Controller. Never tried it on PC before but it has PC Bluetooth. So I linked it up and it works and Ikenfell boots and the controller works perfect with no lag or disconnects. Cool.

Then while I had the controller in, I tried a few other 2d games with it and like Touhou Luna Nights suddenly was running at 5fps unplayable with the 8bitdo BT controller. But then I disconnect that and hook up the DS4 via USB and the game runs perfect. Again, weird.

Also I noticed when running Touhou Luna Nights that the game in fullscreen wouldn't stutter non-stop and be unplayable. Certain 2d games I used to have to all run in a window because they would do that in fullscreen. I tested some other games that did that like World of Horror and same thing, all working fine in fullscreen now  :o

So I thought maybe they FINALLY patched some of the windows store wrapper issues, so I tried some of the games that had the "d-pad doesn't register diagonals" issue which made them basically unplayable. First I tried Streets of Rage 4, which at launch wouldn't even boot 90% of the time and when it did boot diagonals wouldn't register so I ended up buying it on steam.

Works perfect now. Could've saved me that $15-20 on Steam, but oh well it's a good game I don't mind supporting the devs.

I thought maybe they just patched SoR4, so I tested Marvel v Capcom Infinite which I'm sure Capcom hasn't bothered patching anytime recently and that also used to have the no diagonals on d-pad which is impossible for a fighter where you need to jump forward/backwards.

Diagonals work perfect now on the d-pad  :o

So it seems to me they did finally patch the windows store wrapper and fix the fullscreen stuttering and d-pad diagonals not registering issues, which is huge. It means that basically every game on the Game Pass list for PC now actually works 100% outside Ikenfell's weird bug where the game doesn't work with a controller plugged into the USB port but you can get around that with Bluetooth.

Note that none of this stuff seems to happen with any other store front like Steam/Epic. Windows Store  :doge

Also it's 2020 and PC gaming is still "spend hours monkeying around to try to diagnose issues and get things running right" for a lot of games. There's definitely an argument for consoles and saving time in life  :brain

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #555 on: October 11, 2020, 12:05:17 PM »
Never had any such issues with wired controllers. :smug :kermit

Bebpo

« Reply #556 on: October 11, 2020, 12:37:10 PM »
Do you use a Dual Shock 4?

The issues seem mostly related to that controller support.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #557 on: October 11, 2020, 12:50:34 PM »
No, 360 and now Xbone controllers. I have a bunch that use DirectInput as well, but I haven't had any issues with them. But then I also haven't used them in a long time.  :thinking

Now I'm curious if using Steam to handle inputs (or any DirectInput to XInput wrapper) would have solved your issues as well.

Bebpo

« Reply #558 on: October 11, 2020, 02:47:48 PM »
Yeah, I've sorta assumed it's my fault for using a Sony controller on an Xbox ecosystem, but like 50% of the stuff I play on PC are d-pad based and DS4's my favorite d-pad. Haven't used a Xbox controller since the X360, which I did used to use as my PC controller since DS3 never worked right on PC until DS4.

I was using a wrapper though. No store other than Steam has built in DS4 support, so I have to use DS4Windows. Which works fine in every store except for Game Pass where it had issues.

That being said, like I said it looks like they fixed whatever was wrong with the Windows Store wrapper + Directinput on a handful of games. Right now DS4 works fine on everything except Ikenfell which is game specific.

Ikenfell just hates the Playstation controller. After more testing I discovered that even if you have the DS4 running non-wired through BT and directinput the Ikenfell won't boot/will crash. But any other controller doesn't cause that. Something about the DS4 just destroys Ikenfell. Never seen anything like that in any other game.

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #559 on: October 11, 2020, 03:06:08 PM »
Good to know though. I plan on getting a gyro capable controller to screw around with (and use with emulation). I was aiming for a DS4 (or 5), but maybe I have to do more research.

Bebpo

« Reply #560 on: October 13, 2020, 01:15:56 AM »
Tried out Forza 7, I like it. Probably one of, if not, the best looking racers I've seen. The lighting, the reflections (drivers view reflections on interior window), the night -> day changing, rain effects, etc... with good looking tracks and colorful and sharp looking cars. At 72fps+/4k it's a heck of a looker.

Played a couple hours until the game crashed when loading an event.

Bebpo

« Reply #561 on: October 13, 2020, 03:40:07 AM »
Forza is pretty cool, but a couple things it needs at some point in comparison to GT is the career mode is zzz, I swear best sim-lite racer career mode is still the first few GTs where they were car rpgs and you spent hours driving around a little dinky car and tuning it up and noticing the improvements, passing license tests and working your way up to supercars.

and the other thing is for whatever reason, the replays in Forza are boring as shit. Game looks amazing playing it but zzz in replays. Whereas the replays in GT have always looked like gorgeous art.

Forza also needs to get rid of the stupid unskippable cutscenes everywhere masking loading, but hopefully F8 lets them do that.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #562 on: October 13, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #563 on: October 13, 2020, 09:35:45 AM »
I mean AoEIII yes..
The rest? Who gives a shit
What

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #564 on: October 13, 2020, 09:40:45 AM »
I give a shit
fat

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #565 on: October 13, 2020, 09:57:09 AM »
I give a shit

I missed Katana Zero, thats supposedly great but what of those other games are you genuinly interested in?
What

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #566 on: October 13, 2020, 10:17:38 AM »
I give a shit

I missed Katana Zero, thats supposedly great but what of those other games are you genuinly interested in?

cricket 19 :smug
(ice)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #567 on: October 13, 2020, 10:34:09 AM »
Tales of vesperia is fun, I’ll prolly play that again.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #568 on: October 13, 2020, 10:41:55 AM »
I give a shit

I watched trailers and they looked neat, yes

I might even replay Vesperia again at 120fps 4K
fat

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #569 on: October 13, 2020, 10:59:08 AM »
I need more time. :notlikethis

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #570 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:57 AM »
Supraland is supposed to be a great first person metroidvania game as well.

Fifstar

« Reply #571 on: October 13, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
Yep, heard very good things about Supraland as well (although they developer seems to be some crazy esoteric german guy).
Gulp

Bebpo

« Reply #572 on: October 13, 2020, 04:20:30 PM »
Hadn't picked up Katana Zero, so I'll take that.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #573 on: October 13, 2020, 04:39:43 PM »
Fuck yeah Vesperia :rock
Hi

Sho Nuff

• o/~ TOUCH ME AND I'LL BREAK YOUR FACE o/~
« Reply #574 on: October 13, 2020, 10:21:03 PM »
I liked Katana Zero on Switch

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #575 on: October 16, 2020, 04:04:37 PM »
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle

Coming to GamePass end of the month

As part of today’s show, Tim confirmed that the Classic LucasArts Remasters are coming October 29 to all Xbox Game Pass members, Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android (with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). Fans will be able to play three beloved LucasArts adventure games – Grim Fandango Remastered, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and Full Throttle Remastered – in their revitalized glory.
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #576 on: October 16, 2020, 06:10:30 PM »
Katana Zero seems pretty good.

Tried out Vesperia for nostalgia-sake and still looks pretty nice. Yuri's movement speed in the city maps is slooooooooooooooooooow though. Doubt I'd ever replay it, but cool get.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #577 on: October 16, 2020, 07:24:40 PM »
Grim Fandango
Day of the Tentacle
Full Throttle

Coming to GamePass end of the month

As part of today’s show, Tim confirmed that the Classic LucasArts Remasters are coming October 29 to all Xbox Game Pass members, Xbox, Windows 10 PC, and Android (with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate). Fans will be able to play three beloved LucasArts adventure games – Grim Fandango Remastered, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, and Full Throttle Remastered – in their revitalized glory.

This service is actually too good :dizzy

Vesperia roxxorz but dont have time to play it again. Gonna do FFXV soon as my next RPG.

Quantum Break is awesome, hoping to beat it this weekend.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #578 on: October 18, 2020, 03:13:03 PM »
River City Girls comes to Win10 PC end of the month, that's probably when it comes to GamePass too
fat

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #579 on: October 19, 2020, 10:02:14 AM »
Rainbow Six Siege coming October 22
fat

Sho Nuff

« Reply #580 on: October 19, 2020, 09:59:28 PM »

I live in the wrong country for this one. Ubi locks you to your region / platform so I was never matched with anyone on Japan/Xbox :(

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #581 on: October 26, 2020, 09:44:25 AM »
fat

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #582 on: October 26, 2020, 10:19:25 AM »
be saving some hd space this go around, nothing there appeals to me :whew
(ice)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #583 on: October 26, 2020, 12:01:17 PM »

Not pc tho :(
What

Bebpo

« Reply #584 on: October 26, 2020, 01:46:21 PM »
Nice, I heard Eastshade is good but it's always been a bit pricey. And wanted to try Knights & Bikes.

thetylerrob

« Reply #585 on: October 26, 2020, 03:27:02 PM »
I'm hype for Deep Rock Galactic. Just got back into L4D and Vermintide with some bros so that'll be our next gaming marathon sesh for sure.

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #586 on: November 05, 2020, 03:35:07 PM »
Nice, I heard Eastshade is good but it's always been a bit pricey. And wanted to try Knights & Bikes.

EastShade is a fantastic game. Very relaxing and laid-back experience.
dog

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Hi

Bebpo

« Reply #588 on: November 06, 2020, 02:27:20 PM »
Yup, been waiting for that one.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #589 on: November 08, 2020, 05:21:46 PM »
Better than paying for it (which I did :( )
©@©™

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #590 on: November 08, 2020, 05:26:58 PM »
Played through day of the tentacle, was awesome. Did complete a lot of the puzzles from memory but did cheat on a few of the more esoteric solutions. Those old point and click games could be so obtuse. Onto Full Throttle now. Great game, abysmal rock music

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #591 on: November 08, 2020, 05:39:14 PM »
How could you cast shade at the Gone Jackals like that, Sceneman?  Just listen to this amazing early 90's butt rock.  :rofl

©@©™

Sho Nuff

« Reply #592 on: November 08, 2020, 08:53:37 PM »
The Full Throttle soundtrack cassette I made was a staple of my 1986 Ford Tempo

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #593 on: November 09, 2020, 04:01:58 AM »
I think I just really didn't like the slow song that played during some early puzzles: "the population is slowly decreasing" or something. Will give the rest of the songs a go. The opening track was fitting for the biker dudes. I like how the baddie is named Adrian Ripburger

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #594 on: November 09, 2020, 12:45:35 PM »
Happy Next-Gen Eve

FF8 - Nov 12
River City Girls - Nov 19

EA Play PC - December 15
fat

Bebpo

« Reply #595 on: November 09, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »
Halo 4 PC finallyyyyyy

Excited to see what 343 bad Halo campaign is like! Gonna check out River City for sure.

brawndolicious

• Nylonhilist
« Reply #596 on: November 09, 2020, 05:57:48 PM »
I actually thought the 343 campaigns were fun, but they definitely changed some of the formula. It's like walking out of a Taco Bell with a sushirito, it's still made with the same 5 ingredients but everything feels kind of different.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #597 on: November 10, 2020, 12:16:01 AM »
Aww yeah FFVIII

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #598 on: November 10, 2020, 03:32:35 AM »
Happy Next-Gen Eve

(Image removed from quote.)

FF8 - Nov 12
River City Girls - Nov 19

EA Play PC - December 15

How is Gears tactics not even on PC with this?

Fuck this service im unsubbing (sadly I got charged last night)
What

Bebpo

« Reply #599 on: November 10, 2020, 03:35:44 AM »
Uh, Gears Tactics has been on PC Game Pass for like a year  :doge