Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| The Unknown Journey Will Continue  (Read 133950 times)

recursivelyenumerable

• you might think that; I couldn't possibly comment
Re: Final Fantasy VII Remake |OT| The Unknown Journey Will Continue
« Reply #1740 on: May 15, 2020, 07:35:11 PM »
I don't think I've laughed as hard in like five years. admittedly having just drunk half a liter of tequila may have contributed.

btw credit https://twitter.com/Suz_222/status/1261178012135051264 as the original author
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 05:05:09 PM by recursivelyenumerable »
QED

Svejk

« Reply #1741 on: May 17, 2020, 02:55:06 AM »
The Shinra presentation........  :dsp

So, y'all think that they're gonna pretty much use UE5 for part 2?  Since it (UE5) was only just announced, you think that will delay it further?  At this point, I wouldn't expect anything for at least 3 years now... Gonna be a looooong wait regardless...
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 02:59:24 AM by Svejk »

Himu

« Reply #1742 on: May 17, 2020, 02:57:41 AM »
The Shinra presentation........  :dsp

I love how they darkened the atmosphere and gave Shinra a cold, dark feel. In the original there's plenty of lights and it feels like a standard office building. But in VIIR they take it to a whole new level and the decor/lighting is now completely cold and devoid of life. Just black. Everywhere. It was so well done.
IYKYK

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1743 on: May 17, 2020, 03:45:30 AM »
I have no idea about Part 2(I mean why would I?). I'm sure the original plan was for it to be cross-gen. And why would'nt it? They said it would be a while before they went next gen only, the PS4 would still be viable until even 2022, and I doubt Japan is going to fully by into the PS5. And I think 2.5 years would be enough.

But the thing to remember is that while they will no doubt re-use assets and already have a lot of the systems in place. A VII Part 2 is still pretty much a new FF. It's not like XIII-2 or X-2. Those are budget conscious asset re-use sequels. They look "worse", don't have the same polish, or same level of production values as the previous game. I expect and would hope a VIIR-2 would be at the same level of VIIR Part 1. Maybe even better. So there's still a nice level of work. They have to meet the same standard of cutscene direction and animation, boss design and presentation, environment presentation(hopefully even better and more expansive), introduce more systems with new party members and so on. I don't think this project is like say .hack or Digital Devil Saga. Making pretty much one big jrpg and cutting it into parts. I feel like not having a trailer for the 2nd is kind of a testament. Part 2 to me seems like it will be actual sequel game in that I mean like Uncharted 2 from Uncharted 1.  So when they say lots of things are undecided, fuck am I not surprised.

So I have no idea what they are going to do. Covid is going to mess things up. Next gen is going to be messy. I'm no tech person, so I don't know what they mean when they say you can just upgrade a UE4 game to 5. I'm sure it's more complicated then pushing a switch and now your UE4 game has UE5 stuff. Or maybe it is. I feel like having the game come out at the end of the gen puts it in an awkward position. But I think SE is clearly treating this as something bigger then a simple remake. So I think Part 2 comes out 2.5-3 years from now.

I just hope we also get a FFXVI in between.

Svejk

« Reply #1744 on: May 17, 2020, 05:23:30 AM »
I think a bigger deciding factor will be if Sony money hats the next installment like this one... In that case, I'm assuming they'll push SE to have this a PS5 title for launch, first again.. regardless of engine..   but on the technical side, I know nothing of game development, but I would think there would be very little assets to transfer over to UE5... Seems like it would be the appropriate thing to do, given the care they put in this installment.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #1745 on: May 17, 2020, 05:29:23 AM »
Lol part 2 will take 5 years minimum to come out, this is square we’re talking about here not Ubisoft :trumps
(ice)

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1746 on: May 17, 2020, 06:05:03 AM »
I very much doubt it will take 5 years. The whole idea that Square takes forever is overblown and kind of a simplification. We know this project was rebooted and with that it took about 3-4 years to make. Which is not at all unusual or out there for a jrpg from anyplace in the world.

It's stupid to think work hasn't started. Certainly, Nibelhiem was'nt made just for a cutscene...

Also if anything, games like XIV and VII Remake have kind of shown an improvement over workflow from say XIII. I remember stories of XIII or XIV and how they spent tons of work inefficiently by having people work on the dumbest things. The most perfect texture for something you see for 5 seconds or shading a work as if if it was a character model. Some of the graphical quality in VIIR can be questionable, but I also think it's there as a realization that not everything can be super perfect and lets focus on things that matter.

I'm aware SE is easy to shit on and they deserve it to a degree, but I also think they have been far better this generation.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:13:08 AM by Rahxephon91 »

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1747 on: May 17, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »
i agree that they'll want to improve on each entry as it comes out but will still be looking for a quick turnaround. I'm sure they've had plenty of discussions with the XIV staff in how to keep development in high gear. the first entry also clearly had stuff that'll be reused, like the gigantic soundtrack.
pcp

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #1748 on: May 17, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
I doubt Part 2 will be PS5 only (and whatever equivalent). They're not going to give up on that 100M+ PS4 install base.

Svejk

« Reply #1749 on: May 24, 2020, 11:52:07 PM »
Finally beat this last night.  Those last two chapters were incredible.  Made the chapters 12-16 slog completely worth it.

Svejk

« Reply #1750 on: May 27, 2020, 02:15:43 PM »
OST finally released today...  156 trackz

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1751 on: May 27, 2020, 03:03:14 PM »
and still not the full soundtrack, either
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1752 on: May 27, 2020, 03:10:11 PM »
all you need is air buster. the rest can leave
fat

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #1753 on: May 27, 2020, 04:44:04 PM »
there's this great version of sephiroth's theme that's not on the official release and it keeps getting pulled from youtube. i've been searching for it and now it's like i got an itch i can't scratch. WHEN DO WE GET VOLUME 2 SE??
pcp

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1754 on: June 02, 2020, 09:41:04 AM »
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1267651883625099265

Wasting money on shitty candy omegalul
fat

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1755 on: June 02, 2020, 09:45:08 AM »
the standard digital pre order theme was worse than the one you got with the ps1 port :stahp
(ice)

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #1756 on: June 08, 2020, 07:24:48 PM »
Hard mode is pretty awful, I think I need to level some more before I really start doing this and get ultimate materia

Svejk

« Reply #1757 on: May 19, 2021, 10:09:01 AM »
Man... these screens make a second playthrough on the PSFif really tempting!  :drool

(ripped from REEEEE)

Fort Condor stuffs  :what

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #1758 on: May 19, 2021, 08:11:01 PM »
GOTY 2020 & 2021 :rejoice
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Rahxephon91

« Reply #1760 on: May 20, 2021, 12:17:41 AM »
yeah.....I think I'll just play the PS5 version.

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1761 on: May 20, 2021, 03:17:43 AM »
Oh right the psx exclusivity for this has to fart out sometime soon doesn't it?
Hi

Svejk

« Reply #1762 on: May 20, 2021, 07:29:38 AM »
Oh right the psx exclusivity for this has to fart out sometime soon doesn't it?
Not sure about the regular release, but the Intergrade update extended Sony's exclusivity for a further 6 months.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/05/sony_extends_final_fantasy_vii_exclusivity_intergrade_wont_appear_anywhere_else_for_six_months

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1763 on: May 20, 2021, 07:38:57 AM »
i imagine they'll wait till that's up before releasing on PC and xbox
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1764 on: May 20, 2021, 12:07:07 PM »
Dipshits releasing this only on PS5
fat

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #1765 on: May 20, 2021, 12:08:26 PM »
the good guys at soyny would never move to keep a game away from alternate platforms :trumps
(ice)

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #1766 on: May 20, 2021, 12:09:22 PM »
Good, then release it on their alternate PS4 platform, like Miles Morales and Sackboy and Horizon 2 and
fat

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
« Reply #1767 on: May 20, 2021, 03:06:19 PM »
It's not really possible to easily buy a PS5 even if I wanted to so going to keep waiting over here.
Hi