Author Topic: Atelier Ryza And The Selling Power Of Thighs~  (Read 7173 times)

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
Re: Atelier Ryza And The Selling Power Of Thighs~
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2021, 01:18:58 PM »
Man I still need to play the first one lmao.
Hi

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2021, 01:49:54 PM »
Wanted to try the first one on Switch, never bought it. Heard the sequel is pretty much an improvement in every category. Bought a physical copy.

Don't see the point of playing the first one if number two is better
 :idont

The first one is still $60+ for Switch. Ryza 2 looks and runs well on everything based on impressions and reviews. PC version has actual graphics settings and the Switch version doesn't have performance issues.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 02:00:08 PM by mormapope »
OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2021, 09:38:27 PM »
Atelier is one of those series I keep buying games from "because one day I'll get to them"... but truthfully the only one I've played through was Iris, back when that first came out in the US.

I'm not into alchemy/crafting stuff nor time limits. When it comes to RPGs, I like epic journeys with great music and interesting world design. What's the best Atelier game for someone like me?

They all have a lot of crafting, so you're out of luck there, but most of the latter entries don't have a time limit [or a very lenient time limit]. Really, Atelier Ryza is probably the best place to start since it's a complete overhaul of their formula [the first major overhaul since the series moved to PS3 back in the day] and it doesn't have any story or character connections to any of the previous games. Clean slate and all that. But if you wanna go back to one of the earlier games, Escha & Logy is really good.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 12:06:02 AM by Great Rumbler »
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2021, 08:08:50 AM »
Wanted to try the first one on Switch, never bought it. Heard the sequel is pretty much an improvement in every category. Bought a physical copy.

The first one is still $60+ for Switch. Ryza 2 looks and runs well on everything based on impressions and reviews. PC version has actual graphics settings and the Switch version doesn't have performance issues.

Pretty sure Ryza 2 is like a direct continuation of the first game's story with a lot of the same returning characters.  I'm back on it and will go through it before trying 2.

Speaking of which, I feel like I'm already "stuck" in Ryza trying to find where certain characters are to trigger story events.  I can't remember where some of them are. :lol
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2021, 08:11:16 AM »
Answers from the expert:

But she doesn't mention Ryza because she hadn't play it yet.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2021, 08:13:48 AM »

:jeb
ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2021, 11:25:56 AM »

Pretty sure Ryza 2 is like a direct continuation of the first game's story with a lot of the same returning characters.  I'm back on it and will go through it before trying 2.

Speaking of which, I feel like I'm already "stuck" in Ryza trying to find where certain characters are to trigger story events.  I can't remember where some of them are. :lol

Decided to order a European copy of Ryza 1 from Amazon. I figure that it's better to get a physical copy of 1 now before they're all gone.
OH!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2021, 09:01:06 AM »
©@©™

mormapope

« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2021, 06:18:40 PM »
Well my Atelier Ryza 1 came with an empty fucking box with no Switch cart and the seller resealed the game. Some London Brexit fuck stole the cart and sent me the box. I guess this game is rare enough that the box itself is considered to be $60+.

Got a refund and will order again. Crossing my fingers that I'm not mouth fucked again.
OH!

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2021, 08:53:42 PM »
Well my Atelier Ryza 1 came with an empty fucking box with no Switch cart and the seller resealed the game. Some London Brexit fuck stole the cart and sent me the box. I guess this game is rare enough that the box itself is considered to be $60+.

Got a refund and will order again. Crossing my fingers that I'm not mouth fucked again.

Might want to check eBay.  Here's a new, sealed U.S. copy for $80.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Atelier-Ryza-Ever-Darkness-The-Secret-Hideout-Nintendo-Switch-SEALED/324468955495?epid=23034935626&hash=item4b8bdb5967%3Ag%3AEB8AAOSwwDlflzei&LH_BIN=1

ど助平

mormapope

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2021, 10:11:09 PM »
I decided to get something else with the refund money (opted for a gift card rather than wait for it to go back to my card). If I dig Ryza 2 a lot, I'll buy a digital copy of Ryza 1.

OH!

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2021, 10:55:00 PM »
I like the new ATB combat system, helps the battles flow a little more smoothly feels like. Definitely an improvement in a lot of areas over the previous games in the series, not even big things necessarily but tweaks and changes to make the game more fun.
dog

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2021, 07:09:47 AM »
Physical version coming out in Asia- would recommend pre-ordering.  The last collection sold out pretty fast, IIRC.

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/1357222359711813633
ど助平

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2021, 01:46:11 AM »
http://twitter.com/KoeiTecmoUS/status/1376946295521169410

I've got no horse in this race, but I figure some of you will be interested.