Author Topic: Halo 1, 2, and Reach are broken, but on PC and $10 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (Read 19058 times)

FatalT

Re: Halo is On PC (Reach - $10 | All of Them - $40 TBD)
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2019, 01:12:18 AM »

Himu

« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2019, 01:23:10 AM »
Halo Collection get.

Gimme that tag boo!

You'll get a friend request on steam. Don't mention my tag on this forum. :)
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2019, 02:37:51 AM »
Really impressed by performance. Computer is a potato and can run Reach really well.

As for the gameplay of the campaign: how 2 play fps :lol Very slick gamepad controls tho :)
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2019, 06:53:25 AM »
Doc is pretty good at this game but he's got nothing on FatRat

What

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
Wow, they didn't balance the sniper by having it NOT be accurate from the hip in this port? :doge

nachobro

• Live Más

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2020, 02:24:30 PM »
Will wait to see if it's shit or not. 
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2020, 02:36:04 PM »
i'm just hoping this means halo 2 and 3 are coming this year

thisismyusername

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »
Will wait to see if it's shit or not.

Right now: The port is buggy. As expected by 343. But hey, at least crouch-while-moving is in the multiplayer now, so I can at least STOMACH some of this before it dies again because 343 is clownshoes.

thisismyusername

Holy hell. I've forgotten how horrible the spawns in Combat Evolved are.

Big Team is busted, so I'm doing 4v4. I'm having fun with it (in a cheap nostalgia way) but goddamn if the Magnum and spawns don't sour me on it. :lol

MMaRsu

• Administrator
What

Himu

Good god i hate MS.

See this thread. Excited to give Halo CE a shot. Dl MCC update.

Go into game, I'm logged out. Forget password, reset password. Log in. I'm locked out of account. Go into live.com and find ways to unlock account.

Get in game. See halo ce is now available. Click so I can play. Says content missing and really I have to dl it from in app.

Go to bed cursing MS as it dls.
IYKYK

Himu

Holy fuck.

Ended up playing it rather going to bed and did the first level. It was great. Well paced, fun scenarios, nice set pieces, great art direction, and interesting story set up. Halo Reach didn't grab me because I'm all like "who are these people" but CE is great at grabbing me into the halo universe.

Now I'm on planet halo. Reminds me of playing co op just driving around the beach area in a warthog.

Feel dumb never giving the series a proper chance until now.

Only issue is the auto lock on. What the fuck.
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Wait. I can't tell from your post. Are you playing Halo: CE for the first time ever? The first half of the game is so good. Yeah, landing on Halo for the first time was a really cool moment. Heck I'd say it still has its charm even if someone were to play it for the first time in 2020.

who is ted danson?

• ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀✋💎✋🤬
bought CE on steam

never played the MP much outside of 4 player splitscreen on og xbox

its pure chaos but also  :lawd :aah

don't make 'em like the used to

Also FUCk buying the whole MCC collection. I don't want Halo 4 to infect my library. lick my ass 343
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

thisismyusername

bought CE on steam

never played the MP much outside of 4 player splitscreen on og xbox

its pure chaos but also  :lawd :aah

don't make 'em like the used to

Also FUCk buying the whole MCC collection. I don't want Halo 4 to infect my library. lick my ass 343

Just spend the $40, then "manage my DLC" and turn off Halo 4. :doge

MMaRsu

• Administrator
I cant wait for Halo 3, best Halo
What

Himu

Wait. I can't tell from your post. Are you playing Halo: CE for the first time ever? The first half of the game is so good. Yeah, landing on Halo for the first time was a really cool moment. Heck I'd say it still has its charm even if someone were to play it for the first time in 2020.

Yes and no. Upon release I played some co-op at a friend's house. I didn't like it at all. The controls made no sense to me (I'm convinced he had it in inverted). I'd go to Halo LANS occasionally and the mp never clicked. Eventually got over my fps elitism with Counterstrike, Half Life, Chronicles of Riddick. Got an Xbox in 2005 and never bothered getting Halo CE. Halo 3 came out and interest was piqued. Played a level at someone's dorm in college. There. I've listed all the times I've ever played Halo.

But dabbling isn't the same as playing in earnest. And I'm no longer a PlayStation fantard that considers Halo inferior to MGS so I can actually give it a shot.
IYKYK

Himu

Damn, this is fantastic.
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Don't leave me hanging like that. What level have you just completed?

Himu

Halo
IYKYK

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

Himu

Considering buying a 360 and getting Halo CE original and playing 2 and 3 that way rather than waiting for the stupid MCC updates.
IYKYK

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
I don't see why you would want to play Halo: CE on the 360 or the OG Xbox. People forget it has a decent amount of framerate issues here and there.

Can't you just switch into "old graphics" mode on Halo:CE on Steam and on the MCC on XBone?

Himu

There's an old graphics mode?
IYKYK

Himu

Apparently it's tab. Neat.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
So anyone can give me 1 (ONE) good goddamn reason why i can't play Halo (Reach or otherwise) in local coop, on PC?  >:(

MMaRsu

• Administrator
So anyone can give me 1 (ONE) good goddamn reason why i can't play Halo (Reach or otherwise) in local coop, on PC?  >:(

because fuck you you're on a pc

so no :(
What

thisismyusername

AFAIK, that's the same on X-box, isn't it?

343 is dumb.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

thisismyusername

Well, that's fucking dumb but not surprising given 343.

BisMarckie

Apparently it's tab. Neat.

Lies. Halo never looked that bad. :tocry

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
As dumb as Bungie on Halo 2 Vista and Gearbox on Halo 1 PC (2003).

I hope that's patched in though. For completionist sake. I probably won't hook up a desktop to a TV ever, but maybe a laptop on the other hand...

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
Yeah that sucks, it's not 2008 anymore, now even normies play on PC.

Anyway, i mostly did the new month of Gamepass for Ori, so no biggie.

Himu

how do i play red vs blue

and will someone play halo ce mult with me
IYKYK

thisismyusername

how do i play red vs blue

...You mean Multiplayer?

"Main menu->Multiplayer->Social/Competitive playerlists (click Social, nobody plays Tryhard besides Tryhards)->Click type to custom (choose your modes, GriffballASHIT), choose your games (Reach, CE/either or?)->Start

...You mean Rooster Teeth/Machinama?
You don't. Unless you get a group to do filming/etc. with.

and will someone play halo ce mult with me

I'm about burned out because I've got like 10 or so levels to finish for the "season pass" (ugh) to get the blue-flames. If they do another 2XP I'd be happy to play with you since the XP gain will be less painful.

Himu

I haven't played Halo multi since high school. For all I know, red vs blue was a mode.
IYKYK

thisismyusername

I haven't played Halo multi since high school. For all I know, red vs blue was a mode.

Red and Blue are the teams. But nobody really calls multiplayer RvB. :doge

That's why I wasn't sure if you meant the TV series made by Rooster Teeth or the multiplayer.

Himu

Wow. Halo multi so hectic and fun
IYKYK

MMaRsu

• Administrator

Same with left 4 dead on pc..
What

thisismyusername

I hope that's patched in though. For completionist sake. I probably won't hook up a desktop to a TV ever, but maybe a laptop on the other hand...

I don't recall Halo 2 Vista being too bad. But I do recall Gearbox's port of the first being pretty bad with some things (in graphics).

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

I don't recall Halo 2 Vista being too bad. But I do recall Gearbox's port of the first being pretty bad with some things (in graphics).

The Gearbox port seemed fine to me graphically. Not counting what some hawk would catch like some super duper Digital Foundry comparison. The main issue was optimization. Like I had built a computer in 2003 and it would have zero problems with what the game was demanding, yet the game was struggling unless I had it running at 800x600. Eh ok. Fine, that's still a higher res than what you would get at 480i, but I should have been playing it at 1600x1200 (was that a 4:3 resolution? I can't remember anymore, but it would have been something like that). And I think there were some framerate issues with the game if it wasn't locked to 30fps. Which, again, was better than what you would get on the OG Xbox that would have framerate drops even though it capped at 30fps (same issues if you played it on 360). I think that might have had something to do with how the game was made though? Not sure. But yes something was off about the initial PC port if you didn't lock it to 30fps. It might be something dumb like how some game animation things are tied to framerate. I'm not exactly well versed in those kind of programming things.

Same with left 4 dead on pc..

hmm... yeah then I guess this all comes down to "we don't give a shit if it's something only 3% of all our players would use."

and yeah that made sense back when people were playing mostly on monitors that were like 21 inches 4:3. But it's shittier now when you can easily hook up a PC to a 55 inch 16:9 TV. Ah well.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
I had to mod RE5 to play it split screen on PC.  :-\

thisismyusername

Well that's because Bio5 had the co-op mode just dummied out thanks to GfWL.  :lol

Himu: 2XP is back on. If you want to play I can do that. I think I'm going to try to finish grinding the season pass now. #ThankYouCoronaChan

Himu

2XP?
IYKYK

thisismyusername

Double XP for the season pass. Every medal you get will be double it's value.

It speeds up the shit progression for the Halo Reach item season pass. (The blue helmet flames that were Bungie exclusive is on the season pass)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Yup.. I dont understand devs taking out this feature.
What

thisismyusername

30,000 more EXP and I'll have max'd the season pass and can delete Reach's multiplayer. :doge

thisismyusername

:rejoice Now I can relax.

nachobro

• Live Más

thisismyusername

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Is Halo 1 a non-buggy port yet? 
ど助平

thisismyusername

No. Sound is supposed to be fixed with spread next week when Halo 2 launches. Remains to be seen. :doge

nachobro

• Live Más
has 343 done anything right since they've taken over halo? :lol

thisismyusername

has 343 done anything right since they've taken over halo? :lol

...Released Halo onto PC. Broken though That's something MS normally didn't do with Bungle. Outside of the first two. :doge

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

No. Sound is supposed to be fixed with spread next week when Halo 2 launches. Remains to be seen. :doge

OK, back to forgetting about this.
ど助平

nachobro

• Live Más
halo 1 :idont

halo 2 :mynicca

halo 3+odst :rejoice

bummer they never made anymore after those

thisismyusername

OK, back to forgetting about this.

We'll see. But honestly: Big Team Battle wasn't able to be played at launch (up to now), so if you were looking to play Blood Gulch, the pistol spread issue, sound, etc. already would stop you. We'll see if the patch fixes any of this. I'm waiting for them to fix the achievements in Reach so I can blow through that and delete the single AND multiplayer just like I'm close to doing for CE to make space for 2-3 (the two multiplayers I'm interested in) and ODST.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
timu will you play Halo Infinite with me y/n/m?

:uguu

thisismyusername

N. It's not getting a PC port (yet) last I checked?