Author Topic: Halo 1, 2, and Reach are broken, but on PC and $10 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  (Read 19060 times)

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
Huh. No Steam DB though. :lol

Guess that "N" turns into "M. If it hits Steam and 343 unfucks the MCC clownshoes release schedule and fixes the games." :doge

thisismyusername

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042882732-Halo-The-Master-Chief-Collection-Patch-Notes-5-12-20

https://support.halowaypoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360042883072-Halo-2-Anniversary-Known-Issues-05-12-2020

The sun is not rendering on most maps and missions

With the Scarab Gun skull active, a hardlock can happen when firing a plasma rifle after swapping weapons with an Elite

Performance lowers during games of 3 plots

Team Spawn system does not have parity with original

Bullet registration is not in parity with the original

Users on AMD hardware may encounter missing and/or flickering textures across campaign (such as the Elevator on Oracle)

When using a Ryzen 5 and AMD GPU, large rectangle volumes appear on the mission Oracle

Enemy Elites do not dual wield in the Campaign

:idont
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:53:24 PM by thisismyusername »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Why rush out the game when it has some pretty obvious issues and not minor things you wouldn't notice unless you were running OG Halo 2 on a TV next to your PC monitor? Nobody cares about when these games come out. They just want them to to be nearly perfect.

Gaahh.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
343 sucks.   :-\
ど助平

thisismyusername

Why rush out the game when it has some pretty obvious issues and not minor things you wouldn't notice unless you were running OG Halo 2 on a TV next to your PC monitor? Nobody cares about when these games come out. They just want them to to be nearly perfect.

Gaahh.

Because folks wanted 2-3 over Reach-CE, but they're doing it in time-line/lore order instead of popularity or release order. :doge

343 sucks.   :-\

Audio in Reach still isn't fixed. They're still "investigating" six months later.

At this point, they should just give the fucking IP to the El Dewrito team and fuck off. At least THEY don't fuck up with a pirated Russian F2P Halo 3 engine. :doge

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
No I get the game order releases.
I just don't get what the rush is. Nobody on the PC side cares about any anniversary or anything else. Nobody cares. It's way after the console launch. Makes no difference if you release it today or in a year. Nobody cares at this point and would be more than happy with "we'll get it to you when it's done" even if that took another 2 years.

Just ship it right  :dizzy

Edit: H1 still has issues, yes? OK then fix those first. H2 has issues. Why the fuck ship it today? It's a digital game anyway. It makes no sense. It's not like "oh shit we gotta ship a million discs to the stores, oh well. Too late we'll patch it later".

What is the rush?

thisismyusername

Because folks wanted 2-3 over Reach-CE, but they're doing it in time-line/lore order instead of popularity or release order. :doge

Nobody wanted Reach out of the gate. Folks wanted 2-3 out of the gate. 343 fucked up. Put that up because they figured the PC community wanted that. SURRPISE! They wanted the continuation of Halo 2: Vista before Reach, which is... 3.

So now they're getting these out the door as fast as possible to try to get to the shit people bought the collection for. :doge

We'll see if they slow their roll with 3 and actually fix shit. But at this point, I doubt it. I doubt it'll revive the community and the game will die on a vine because they blew their first impression and have fucked up repeatedly in the run-up to that.

thisismyusername

Halo 2: Anniversary multiplayer is just Halo 4 with Halo 2 window dressing.

It's ok but not what I wanted from 2. However, "2 Classic" is apparently busted (haven't tried MM with just it alone) to know. Apparently the hit-register in H2C is busted. I'll have to see, but Big Team Battle is working in H2A. Just... the maps suck for the objective modes. :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
I can't play any Halo games right now because I need to keep my appetite sharp for Halo Infinite, which will be faithful to the originals but also revitalize the series, and also cure my depression.

thisismyusername

I hope it helps you, Bogey. But with how the MCC is going... :doge

thisismyusername

thisismyusername

Re: Halo 1, 2, and Reach are on PC.
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2020, 10:20:42 PM »
Yeah, H2Classic is fucked. The hit regristration is all over the goddamn place.

And H2Anniversary puts me in a shitty forge map that plays horrible for CTF constantly to where my team is basically stuck in base because battle-rifle starts means the other team is able to set up a line and ping us even if we push forward.

Goddamn shame, I was looking forward to Halo 2 the most.

Borealis

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2020, 10:49:25 PM »
I'm enjoying H2 Anniversary's campaign despite the FPS fuck ups here and there.

MS trying to pump everything out before Infinite launches while the list of bugs for each MCC game alone continue to mount, we all know how that's going to pan out. Congrats on fixing stuff long after the community has died off thanks to release fuck ups.

Here was I thinking last year they would get it right the second time, with long-awaited fixes to the fucking Gearbox early build/substandard port of all things. Halo CE Classic kinda looks shit cause it's outright missing bump maps ffs.

:snoop

thisismyusername

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2020, 11:34:39 PM »
The CE port is literally just Gearboxes. Despite saying they've found the "original X-box Developer console" that has CE on it... :doge

----

WELL WELL WELL, look who I ran into on H2A:

« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 11:42:23 PM by thisismyusername »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #136 on: May 14, 2020, 11:47:41 PM »
wow not only are you doxxing him you muted him

thisismyusername

« Reply #137 on: May 14, 2020, 11:52:29 PM »
I muted everyone. :shh

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2020, 06:53:12 AM »
Guess I wasn't insane when I thought Halo Combat Evolved didn't look as bad as it did in this collection. Apperently they used the broken pc port for it. Good job!

The fact that their latest patch broke the 60fps on both of the Anniversary titles on the Xbox One X version is just the cherry on top.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: Halo 1, 2, and Reach are broken, but on PC and $10 so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2020, 08:18:01 AM »
only problem is that controller is far better on this game than mouse and keyboard it's actually hilarious the difference

thisismyusername

« Reply #140 on: May 15, 2020, 12:24:18 PM »
only problem is that controller is far better on this game than mouse and keyboard it's actually hilarious the difference

Supposedly they "fixed" that, but I dunno. Given they haven't fixed audio issues, broken achievements (some not in sync, aka: only on Steam or the X-box app), the bullet register being broken in CE past 60FPS (hello Pistol spread), 2 (hello not hitting where you're aiming), the lag, no server browser (CE and 2:Vista had this, shit 3/Online/El Dewrito did as well!)... I wouldn't be surprised they haven't.

Which reminds me. I can't make binds multiple of the same key. I get why in some sense (some PC players may not want that, I don't generally) but stuff like picking up a gun and now with 2/3 having Dual-Wielding, you have an entirely separate key for dual-wielding and it's like "why? Why can't I just have it be a long-press or something a la the X-box controller?"

[Probably because Keyboard is digital, but jesus: High-jacking is E, interacting with something like the EMP in H2A is F... it's a mess]

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #141 on: May 15, 2020, 01:14:18 PM »
lol I'm just trying to install it atm on GamePass and holy fuck this app is a piece of shit,

Starts the download then just fails saying you need to start by having MCC installed....

I am clicking on MCC to be installed and it chooses the games first rather than the launcher

Janky as fuck, and like hell am I gonna pay these people money for a game I bought day one on Xbox One like some sort of prick haha :D

Well just managed to fix that by downloading via Microsoft store app cool!

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2020, 01:18:02 PM »
Man. Reading about this is such a bummer.

It's the MCC on XBone all over again.  :'(

Ghoul

« Reply #143 on: May 15, 2020, 01:38:40 PM »

Supposedly they "fixed" that, but I dunno. Given they haven't fixed audio issues, broken achievements (some not in sync, aka: only on Steam or the X-box app), the bullet register being broken in CE past 60FPS (hello Pistol spread), 2 (hello not hitting where you're aiming), the lag, no server browser (CE and 2:Vista had this, shit 3/Online/El Dewrito did as well!)... I wouldn't be surprised they haven't.

Which reminds me. I can't make binds multiple of the same key. I get why in some sense (some PC players may not want that, I don't generally) but stuff like picking up a gun and now with 2/3 having Dual-Wielding, you have an entirely separate key for dual-wielding and it's like "why? Why can't I just have it be a long-press or something a la the X-box controller?"

[Probably because Keyboard is digital, but jesus: High-jacking is E, interacting with something like the EMP in H2A is F... it's a mess]

Lmao sorry just read the rest of this there is no way in hell I am using a mouse and keyboard if you can't have multiple prompts on one button, lol 343i is such a joke it really is just a company of clowns

thisismyusername

« Reply #144 on: May 15, 2020, 07:43:55 PM »
So, I think it's pretty clear I suck at Halo 2 Hardcore.

But CE? I dunno what was going on with that round to where I just dominated with the Rocket Launcher. Was that team we played new? :doge

thisismyusername

« Reply #145 on: May 15, 2020, 08:39:42 PM »
So yeah. I think H2C is busted right now. As much as I don't like the Halo 4-isms in the Anniversary remakes, it plays more solid with the BR (for me). But Ghoul wanted to do Doubles and like 4v4 instead of 8v8/Big Team so... :doge

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2020, 08:51:32 PM »
Halo 4 has a ton of bullshit that makes it not play like Halo at all. Halo 2 Anniversary is definitely not the same feeling shooter as classic Halo 2, but it's not nearly as floaty or jittery than Halo 4.

Remember, Halo 4 has "class" abilities such as Promethean vision (see enemies thru walls) and jetpacks and shit. And sprint.

The biggest difference between H2C and H2A on console was sticky sim/bullet magnetism being much higher on Anniversary.
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #147 on: May 15, 2020, 08:54:42 PM »
I dunno about the magnetism currently, but it just feels more "solid" than Classic does on PC right now. PC Classic feels "laggy" and not as "playable" as Anniversary.

The only power-up I've seen is the Sprint. I dunno if the Vision and Jetpacks are in Anniversary. But I really don't like the Gungoose. I don't get why they needed to add some of Halo 4's stuff to Halo 2 maps/playing.

mormapope

« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2020, 08:59:02 PM »
H2A to my knowledge and experience just has the gungoose and silenced SMG. I've played tons of Halo multiplayer across the board, H2A is the best feeling. Halo 5 has way too many mobility options combined with abysmal maps.

OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2020, 09:04:48 PM »
It has Sprint on the Relic remake/"Remnant" One Flag CTF Big Team mode.

Ghoul

« Reply #150 on: May 16, 2020, 07:57:39 AM »
So yeah. I think H2C is busted right now. As much as I don't like the Halo 4-isms in the Anniversary remakes, it plays more solid with the BR (for me). But Ghoul wanted to do Doubles and like 4v4 instead of 8v8/Big Team so... :doge

I was hammered TBH I just never liked big team because of the fuckery that is tanks etc.

playing reach campaign atm and I fucking hate the health pack system so much it sucks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #151 on: May 16, 2020, 09:26:34 AM »
Man. Reading about this is such a bummer.

It's the MCC on XBone all over again.  :'(

https://twitter.com/PaullShii/status/1261130455438331904
ど助平

Ghoul

« Reply #152 on: May 16, 2020, 05:23:18 PM »
Well I played quite a lot of reach today, got kinda motion sick and threw up.

7/10 health pack system is annoying still. Will try finish it tomorrow.

On the stealth/sniper mission atm. Will play some some multiplayer too.

H2A not having bumper jumper controller layout is so annoying.

That’s why I think I prefer Halo 3 just for the dumb jumpy fuckery you can do.

Luckily playing on an elite pad so just made a back button for jump so it’s not so bad

thisismyusername

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2020, 05:45:18 PM »
Halo 2 didn't have Bumper Jumper, being original X-box. :doge

I just never liked big team because of the fuckery that is tanks etc.

>buys a sandbox shooter
>doesn't want to play in the sandbox
:drakewtf

I really enjoy Big Team, despite some of the bullshit with it. Objective modes just aren't the same with a smaller number of players.

Ghoul

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2020, 06:16:16 PM »
Halo 2 didn't have Bumper Jumper, being original X-box. :doge

I just never liked big team because of the fuckery that is tanks etc.

>buys a sandbox shooter
>doesn't want to play in the sandbox
:drakewtf

I really enjoy Big Team, despite some of the bullshit with it. Objective modes just aren't the same with a smaller number of players.

Yeah I know about the controller, I’m just so used to it now not having it is jarring for me.

I was struggling with two people 8 players I’d have no chance,
I will be up for some big team sometime though when I can actually play and I’m not a bot.

I guess my love for halo is pretty much MLG, doubles or swat or TS, big team was always a just chill thing with buddies who didn’t play that often and usually sucked. Damn maybe we should have played that last night haha

thisismyusername

« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2020, 12:54:49 AM »
I play SWAT now and then, but I'm really rusty at it. It was about the only thing I played in Halo 2 back in the original X-box Live era. Even up until Bungie and MS shut down the servers. :lol I haven't grokked how to play it with mouse-keyboard on the PC version since it seems like it's "spawn, get shot, spawn, get shot, spawn, get shot" without actually moving/doing anything. :doge Then again, that was Reach and Reach's spawn system was pretty ass. I guess I should try 2's... when they fix the lag/register.

I don't give a shit about the MLG-try-hard 4v4 comp mode. It's not what the series is best at (IMO), though there is/was an eSport scene for Halo back in the day so some folks might be into that. But I prefer having larger teams (to support/ping folks for others to kill. :doge ) while having an objective to focus on.

CE's BTB was busted, so I dunno how that plays (so I played a lot of 4v4 hence that dominating Chill Out round) but I played 2 and 3 BTB nearly exclusively. :doge I guess I need to up my game and play some Hardcore/no radar to play the mode you want to play.

Ghoul

« Reply #156 on: May 17, 2020, 12:15:32 PM »
Well we can mix it up although I love being a try hard sweat lord, we can also play BTB I just really can’t wait for a Halo 3 on PC as I was good at H2 but very good at Halo 3. Shame that esport didn’t take off really I went to a few of the comps and did fairly well in them, what made me laugh was Halo 4 trying to play the customs with some pro players the modes sucked so no wonder it dropped off.

Halo to me is all about call outs and winning your ones when you’re in that situation. Deffo up for more games though.

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2020, 07:36:35 PM »
I can look over minor errors here and there that are inconsequential, but the first paragraph in this article makes me  :dizzy

A mere 13 years on from its initial release, Halo 2 has been re-released on PC as part of The Master Chief Collection - an ongoing enterprise that has attracted as much criticism as praise. So how does this port from the Xbox One conversion of Saber Interactive's Xbox 360 original fare? What extras does it bring to the table, how well does it run - and does it manage to avoid the problems and issues of some of the other games in the PC collection?
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-halo-2-anniversary-pc-master-chief-collection-analysis

Excuse me, wat?

Ghoul

« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2020, 04:26:50 AM »
I can look over minor errors here and there that are inconsequential, but the first paragraph in this article makes me  :dizzy

A mere 13 years on from its initial release, Halo 2 has been re-released on PC as part of The Master Chief Collection - an ongoing enterprise that has attracted as much criticism as praise. So how does this port from the Xbox One conversion of Saber Interactive's Xbox 360 original fare? What extras does it bring to the table, how well does it run - and does it manage to avoid the problems and issues of some of the other games in the PC collection?
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-halo-2-anniversary-pc-master-chief-collection-analysis

Excuse me, wat?

I think they’re talking about H2 anniversary which in fact saber did a lot of the legwork on, I remember back when it launched 343i had very little to do with it hence why it worked at the time haha

thisismyusername

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2020, 06:49:49 AM »
H2A never released on 360 though. That was Halo: CE: Anniversary. Saber did that one as well.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #160 on: May 22, 2020, 11:05:14 AM »
Seriously... WTF are they doing at 343i?

Halo Infinite is going to be a disaster...

It's just a sign of how much effort is going into Halo Infinite that they're willing to neglect everything else

:rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2020, 08:28:12 PM »
Video-game developers in 2000: "Let's retool our third person game, which was originally an RTS into an FPS in less than a year so it can launch with a new console no one has ever worked with before. Maybe we can add in some multiplayer during our spare time."

Video-game developers in 2020: "Sorry, dual wielding enemies are too hard to code but we did manage to cut your FPS in half on an entirely different platform"

🤴

thisismyusername

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2020, 09:00:03 PM »
Fixed the broken achievements in Reach with this method, so I've been going through getting the auxiliary/Easter Egg achievements.

One level wants you to beat the level on Legendary with the tank totally intact (:doge ) but to do that you need to hit two specific switches in co-op. Which PC doesn't have local co-op for. #RIP :(

I guess I could bother Ghoul to do that, but just for one level on Legendary? :doge
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 09:25:15 PM by thisismyusername »

Ghoul

« Reply #163 on: June 10, 2020, 04:43:24 AM »
Yeah if you want to do it just hit me up :)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #164 on: June 11, 2020, 05:38:49 PM »
Halo 3 Flight is live for insiders, check your inboxes.

Im downloading now on Steam, cant wait to check it out
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #165 on: June 11, 2020, 06:09:12 PM »
Can't wait for another round of "It's bug free, launch it!" *launch, bugs that weren't in flight show up, audio still isn't fixed, broken achievements, shotgun shooting the floor gets you kills [which I abused. :shh ] *

thisismyusername

« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2020, 05:36:17 PM »
Can't wait for another round of "It's bug free, launch it!" *launch, bugs that weren't in flight show up, audio still isn't fixed, broken achievements, shotgun shooting the floor gets you kills [which I abused. :shh ] *

LMAO 343 is so clownshoes.

mormapope

« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2020, 06:27:10 PM »
Halo 3 has always felt like a garbage mud monster when it came to multiplayer. Fantastic campaign, abysmal multiplayer. People loved it, but there's a reason why CoD4 was so popular.  :lol
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2020, 07:18:20 PM »
Halo 3 has always felt like a garbage mud monster when it came to multiplayer. Fantastic campaign, abysmal multiplayer. People loved it, but there's a reason why CoD4 was so popular.  :lol

I liked both. But Halo 3's atrocious netcode (AR run up->melee wack! TRADE KILLS!) was the biggest reason I dropped it for CoD4, beyond liking CoD4's maps, P90/modern weapons. CoD4's biggest stumbling block is the infamous 2xFrags (or Flash), 2xRPG (or was this a Perk1?), Stopping Power, Martyrdom and Bombing Runs/Airstrike.

Made playing the maps spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die. Which Halo didn't have (until these PC ports it seems. :/).

I still vastly enjoyed CoD4 enough to buy it on PCS360 and the remake on Steam despite that being dead because LOL NO SERVERS LOL. So I can't complain. :yeshrug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2020, 07:54:41 PM »
Halo 3 was a great game when it released. Very few games managed to handle large scale battles as well as that game did. Especially in the campaign.
On PC it seems the FOV is expanded to 120, which makes for a big improvement.

I'm not seeing the appeal of playing these old games in multiplayer though.
🤴

Ghoul

« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2020, 01:38:55 AM »
It’s gonna be 2025 before they fix Halo 3. I wish 343i would just take their time with this shit, having a flight and it out in a couple of weeks after with them bullshitting saying “it’s fixed this time guys honest” just further damages the games, Lord only knows what H5 is going to launch like. I wish we got a remaster of H3 instead of this trash.

Deffo will be playing the hell out of it when it works though as Halo 3 was my shit back in the day

thisismyusername

« Reply #171 on: July 07, 2020, 11:36:25 PM »
Halo 3 is supposedly launching on the 14th of this month/July. We'll see how "bug-free" it is on launch.

I still need to get that Easter Egg in co-op on Reach so I can finish Reach's camapign. :lol :lol :lol :lol :-\ :'(

I'm nearly done with Halo 2's campaign, but man: Playing the campaigns now a days is a chore IMO. The star of the series and the most popular way of playing it is the multiplayer.

mormapope

« Reply #172 on: July 08, 2020, 08:53:11 AM »
Disagree completely, single player FPS campaigns like Halo's don't exist anymore. You can play dozens of multiplayer shooters that scratch that itch.

I played thru Halo 1 thru Reach on legendary this year. Halo 2 was the campaign has been the weakest. Halo 1, 3, and Reach were excellent experiences.

Sandbox puzzle combat is something Bungie got right. 343 can make ok multiplayer maps and design decisions, but single player from 343?  :lol
OH!

thisismyusername

« Reply #173 on: July 08, 2020, 09:23:59 AM »
Who cares about 343's bullshit? I'm talking strictly Bungie and the multiplayer is the star of those.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #174 on: July 08, 2020, 09:55:04 AM »
Who cares about 343's bullshit? I'm talking strictly Bungie and the multiplayer is the star of those.

Yup.  Never cared about the campaign stuff- always went for multiplayer.  Halo 3 campaign with 4P was fun for a few playthroughs though.
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #175 on: July 08, 2020, 11:44:59 AM »
Halo 3 mp is so goddamn good

Many hours
What

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: July 09, 2020, 04:54:12 PM »
Cant wait to buy Halo 3 on PC, flight was good imo

What

thisismyusername

« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2020, 09:11:19 AM »
Finished Halo 2's campaign and Easter Eggs/skulls. Now I just have to mop up a few situational ones (Complete Metropolis on foot on Heroic/Legendary, "Needs More Whammy Bar") and then I can probably dump the Campaign's installation/file-size out the airlock and keep just the multiplayer.

I dunno if I want to do the campaign L.egendary A.ll S.kulls O.n (LASO) Apparently the skulls count for the "Beat the campaign on Legendary" achievement, but you lose shields, you have to melee enemies to regain them, you have the Scarab gun which can backfire in close-combat situations... etc. Just seems like a really annoying complication, but probably easier than doing it on Combat Evolved (since there's no Scarab Gun there?)

I still need to do that Reach easter egg, so I should probably bother Ghoul. :doge

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #178 on: July 11, 2020, 01:17:18 PM »
I have absolutely no faith in 343, and yet somehow I think there's a chance they have made decent multiplayer given that it is at this moment the most expensive videogame ever produced.

Is Halo Infinite going to be the next Fortnite or the next Rise of the Skywalker?

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.