Author Topic: Resident Evil 3 Remake - Jill will return to your screens to tell his story.  (Read 25921 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
The RE3 remake cover image has been "leaked."

http://gamstat.com/games/tracker/

« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 03:00:52 PM by pork »
ど助平

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Re: Resident Evil 3 Remake Is Coming
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 08:40:41 AM »
Project Resistance as well

fat

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 08:42:55 AM »
natalie portman as jill?

Tasty

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 08:46:18 AM »
natalie portman as jill?

Looks like nuLara with a short haircut.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
either way, i'm very excited for months of whining that it doesn't look exactly like it did 20 years ago as if that is a bad thing

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
either way, i'm very excited for months of whining that it doesn't look exactly like it did 20 years ago as if that is a bad thing

And "Jill is more covered up now!  That's so much better!" from :reeeee.
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2019, 10:35:58 AM »

Just wait until :reeeee sees the alt costumes. :reeeee

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 10:40:15 AM »

Only to be outdone by the assholes that still want fixed camera angles and shit controls
yar

Himu

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Jill is best girl and I love RE3 and cannot wait for this.
IYKYK

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2019, 11:31:58 AM »

Just wait until :reeeee sees the alt costumes. :reeeee
Or the mods. ::)
Characters looks good, i think we all came to terms with the fact that they'd change Jill's face, a while ago.

I still can't fathom we're getting the best Resident Evil remade.  8)

Himu

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2019, 11:33:35 AM »
RE3 is fantastic
IYKYK

Chooky

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2019, 11:49:55 AM »

think you meant to say "Jill is covered up now! sony censorship wins again!!" from the  :James incel crowd

Himu

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2019, 11:55:48 AM »
Lmao those people are as bad if not worse than the REEE people
IYKYK

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2019, 12:01:47 PM »
Excited for RE3 but the RE4 remake is the one everyone’s waiting for. Going to be hard to improve on perfection.

Himu

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2019, 12:20:26 PM »
Excited for RE3 but the RE4 remake is the one everyone’s waiting for. Going to be hard to improve on perfection.

That's why it doesn't need one. CV needs one as it's booty cheeks.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 12:25:12 PM »
I can't really imagine what an RE4 remake would be like in comparison to RE4 Ultimate HD or whatever. (Though I guess some of the fan texture packs are more faithful to the GC original than the officials ones, but whatever.)

Instead of that gimme RE4-2 with Leon on a new mission from the Prez or some shit. Or make a game out of that Darkside Chronicles mission with him and Krauser, that was awesome.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 12:25:25 PM »

Fighting zombies with exposed subclavian arteries.  :holeup :holeup
©@©™

Chooky

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »
I'll riot in the streets if they remake RE4. don't mess with perfection.

EightBitNate

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 12:32:19 PM »
Nah just compare Leon in RE2make to RE4. Clearly room to improve graphics. I don’t know about gameplay but I’d happily pay $60 even if gameplay is unchanged.

RE4-2 is also a good idea.

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 12:34:56 PM »
ya thats what we need, another release of re4 ::)

Himu

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2019, 12:47:43 PM »
Nah just compare Leon in RE2make to RE4. Clearly room to improve graphics. I don’t know about gameplay but I’d happily pay $60 even if gameplay is unchanged.

RE4-2 is also a good idea.

No
IYKYK

EightBitNate

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2019, 12:58:13 PM »
I never understood that mindset. If you don’t want a remake, don’t play it silly.

Himu

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2019, 01:11:17 PM »
What's the point in an RE4 remake? The game is perfect. Looks good, plays well. The only possible worthy addition would be online mercenaries.
IYKYK

EightBitNate

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2019, 01:18:24 PM »
What's the point in an RE4 remake? The game is perfect. Looks good, plays well. The only possible worthy addition would be online mercenaries.

It looks good for a game released 15 years ago, but I would gladly buy it again with PS5 level graphics.

Himu

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2019, 03:41:25 PM »
Old RE2 and 3 are great games

The new kids can talk Bout being elite git gud gamers but are scared of classic RE survival horror? I still think classic RE formula has a place especially given how popular REmake has been since its rerelease.

Haven't played 7 or RE2R yet but looking forward to them. Love me some RE.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

Julia nooooooooooooooooooo :rage

paprikastaude

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2019, 04:07:42 PM »
Old RE2 and 3 are great games

The new kids can talk Bout being elite git gud gamers but are scared of classic RE survival horror? I still think classic RE formula has a place especially given how popular REmake has been since its rerelease.

Haven't played 7 or RE2R yet but looking forward to them. Love me some RE.

RE2 is amazing, RE2R is amazing, but practically a new mainline game. There's more differences between the two than between most other series' sequels. I only wished these remakes had "remake" in the title like FF7, so the originals don't get lost in the canon or completely replaced down the road. Alternatively, the originals should've been unlockable like in Metroid Zero Mission.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 04:22:12 PM by Spieler1 »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2019, 04:23:04 PM »
:whoo

Himu

« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2019, 04:23:23 PM »
Omg
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2019, 04:31:47 PM »
RE4 truly is the best game of all time. No flaws besides some occasionsl pacing issues but you get used to it. GOAT
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 04:45:17 PM »
RE4 killed the series for over a decade, so there's a flaw :trumps Dumbed the series down, because the superior game flopped on Gamecube. But even judging it without context, it's not even the best Mikami game (REmake), nor the second best (Godhand). Feels so good to finally see the action route for RE dead and buried though :rejoice

Chooky

« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
people who act like RE wasn't always big on cheesy action are weirdos

and RE5 was a great game

Himu

« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2019, 04:57:01 PM »

and RE5 was a great game

They weren't primarily action games though. There was thinking involved. Resource management and item management.

RE5 IS a great game and I agree.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2019, 05:02:45 PM »

and RE5 was a great game

RE wasn't anything close to a loot based corridor shooter before RE4, no. RE4 is like if Paper Mario came out instead of a 3D platformer. Great game, but it sure as fuck shouldn't be anything but a spinoff/different series. And RE5 felt like a Chinese bootleg of 4.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »
Some of the Ashley shit in RE4 sucked

:yeshrug

Spieler out there dying alone on that island, have fun my dude
yar

paprikastaude

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2019, 05:06:14 PM »

Nope, real RE is back baby :rejoice

Rahxephon91

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2019, 05:08:17 PM »
I don’t understand RE fan debates.

RE3 is pretty actiony already.
RE4 killed the series for over a decade, so there's a flaw :trumps Dumbed the series down, because the superior game flopped on Gamecube. But even judging it without context, it's not even the best Mikami game (REmake), nor the second best (Godhand). Feels so good to finally see the action route for RE dead and buried though :rejoice
I don’t understand this post.

Killed? From what? The mediocre shit it was becoming with 0 and CV? Action RE is dead? Said in a thread about the very actiony RE3? Being remade into something that resembles RE4.

I don’t understand RE fans. RE4 is not some bastardization of RE gameplay. It just changes the camera and is far faster pace and about player reaction. Positioning, item management, and so on are still there. It’s not that far removed from previous RE games.

And yeah I can’t say Godhand is better. Remake is a matter of personal tastes.

And despite RE5 being from when the series was dead and selling millions, it isn’t a bad game. Less interesting for sure, but fun enough.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2019, 05:10:55 PM »
I don’t care. I just like games that play similar to RE4. Which this game will....

Himu

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2019, 05:13:36 PM »

How? You can hide her in a dumpster or make her stay somewhere. Never had a problem.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2019, 05:19:39 PM »
I don’t understand RE fans. RE4 is not some bastardization of RE gameplay. It just changes the camera

Old RE is short, exploration based, puzzle heavy. RE4 is a bloated corridor shooter without deep exploration, loot and shops overweighting intentionally placed items. You kill more enemies in RE4 than in the entire prior series combined.

Also the atmosphere is entirely different. There's a giant Napoleon robot that you run away from through QTE commands. This absolutely doesn't fit with anything that ever happened before in the series, including the most wacky CVX shit. Just like the ogres and other fairy tale monsters you fight, which have a way different logic than prior BOWs. Some rooms like the lava one could be straight out of Zelda, including the stairs that arise once you clear all enemies. Simply a different series in everything but name. Speaking of names, a few characters return, but they all behave completely different too.

Also one reason why 2>>3 is because the latter had too many enemies/"action", which didn't fit the oldplay style, indeed. We'll see how they adjust in the remake.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2019, 05:23:21 PM »
I have never felt Ashley sucks. She’s never really a problem when she’s with you. During parts where you are supposed to protect her while she works on a crank or something, well those parts are fun. As they add a lot of tension and hectic action. Having to worry about where you are, where enemies are, making sure Ashley is fine, you’re aim is good, and so on. Fucking amazing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2019, 05:32:59 PM »
The RE2 remake was amazing. Can't wait for this  :hyper
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2019, 05:33:00 PM »
Yeah I think calling it a corridor shooter is a bit much. The environments aren’t as expansive as previous games. But they aren’t Call of Duty linear either. More streamlined then anything and lacking the find the yellow key puzzle. Which, eh....I don’t know if a bad thing. No it’s not about exploring as the levels seem pretty much built to not have guesswork, but you do spend time in them. But they sure aren’t as bad as RE5 or 6.

And honestly after years of RE I was fine with 4’s less BS.

At the end though RE2 Remake really does take RE4’s gameplay though. 

Himu

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2019, 05:48:59 PM »
I like how Spieler conveniently forgets the lab. Which owned and was scary as fuck on a first run
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2019, 05:51:54 PM »
Old RE is short, exploration based, puzzle heavy. RE4 is a bloated corridor shooter without deep exploration, loot and shops overweighting intentionally placed items. You kill more enemies in RE4 than in the entire prior series combined.

Also the atmosphere is entirely different. There's a giant Napoleon robot that you run away from through QTE commands. This absolutely doesn't fit with anything that ever happened before in the series, including the most wacky CVX shit. Just like the ogres and other fairy tale monsters you fight, which have a way different logic than prior BOWs. Some rooms like the lava one could be straight out of Zelda, including the stairs that arise once you clear all enemies. Simply a different series in everything but name. Speaking of names, a few characters return, but they all behave completely different too.

Also one reason why 2>>3 is because the latter had too many enemies/"action", which didn't fit the oldplay style, indeed. We'll see how they adjust in the remake.

You know, I can understand this perspective, but I can't imagine holding it so closely it's detrimental to enjoying the game on its own merits.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2019, 05:54:01 PM »
The village is creepy, atmospheric, can be pulse pounding, and even scary when it comes to the plagus. Only the castle is kind of meh, but it also is very REiish in the level design.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2019, 05:55:58 PM »

RE4 Leon is best Leon
RE4 gameplay is best gameplay
RE4 is best

Your opinion is invalid and revoked by orders of the Umbrella Corporation
🤴

paprikastaude

« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2019, 05:56:52 PM »
At the end though RE2 Remake really does take RE4’s gameplay though.

Not really, it is a new style that replicates the old feeling with a perspective that's only made to look familiar on the surface. You could rush through RE2 with RE4 gameplay in no-time, which is why player movement/agility and enemy balancing/behaviour has been very much changed from previous games. Also no loot and many different progression/exploration options in the first map. In fact, the worst parts of RE2R are the bonus modes that focus on extensive combat, because the playstyle didn't have RE4-like enemy waves in mind at all. I don't think they can keep the enemy-heavy nature of RE3.

Tasty

« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2019, 05:57:01 PM »

RE4 Leon is best Leon
RE4 gameplay is best gameplay
RE4 is best

Your opinion is invalid and revoked by orders of the Umbrella Corporation

The one time a year Nintex is dead-on :lawd

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »

get a load of Carlos lmao

EightBitNate

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2019, 06:03:57 PM »
RE4 is such a big and long game that remaking it on new hardware would be both insanely expensive and time consuming. And seeing as most of the recent remakes make them fit an RE4 play style just with action toned down there wouldn't be any real gameplay change that would facilitate one.

REmake made sense as the very first RE was incredibly basic compared to it's sequels so Mikami expanded on it, 2 and now 3 are in an old playstyle too many weirdo younging's won't go back to, RE4 has none of those "issues" so asking for one is like asking for a remake of Back To The future or something. Yeah it's old but nothing about it is something you can't enjoy today.

Then they’ll go the FF7 remake route and make it episodic.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2019, 06:04:07 PM »
eh the gunplay is pretty RE4ish. The roles of weapons, emphasis on positioning and enemy awareness. Careful aiming and slowing down of enemies. It all feels very RE4ish and that’s all I care about. You can surround that with whatever you want.

Himu

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »
The village the first time you do it is incredible. Survival horror at is peak. Nowhere was safe and they kept coming.

Chainsaw dude, lake monster, plagos monsters, "morir we vivir!"

Despite the cheese, the game is still very much a horror game.

Pre 4 Resident Evil is basically Alien. Something that concentrated on horror and survival first.

Resident Evil 4 is Aliens. A mixture of horror and action.

And let's not pretend old RE didn't have its share if cheese. "Jill sandwich";etc

Your ire should be at RE5 and 6, which minimized the horror and survival to a minimum. Not RE4.
IYKYK

paprikastaude

« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2019, 06:08:11 PM »
I like how Spieler conveniently forgets the lab. Which owned and was scary as fuck on a first run

The island feels so incoherent on replays, it shows how clumsily patched together pieces of the original horror RE3.5 and the revisioned final RE4 are. One room might have scary noises and a regenerator in the lab, next one is right back to a battle field with generic action music and enemy waves. It keeps switching and despite being connected, there's no room that has both a regenerator and ganados in it. Horror and action are like oil and water here. And utlimately, the horror parts of RE4 are still only a small percentage compared to the rest, which remains a complete genre shift for tone and gamedesign.

The village the first time you do it is incredible. Survival horror at is peak. Nowhere was safe and they kept coming.

Chainsaw dude, lake monster, plagos monsters, "morir we vivir!"

Despite the cheese, the game is still very much a horror game.

Pre 4 Resident Evil is basically Alien. Something that concentrated on horror and survival first.

Resident Evil 4 is Aliens. A mixture of horror and action.

And let's not pretend old RE didn't have its share if cheese. "Jill sandwich";etc

Your ire should be at RE5 and 6, which minimized the horror and survival to a minimum. Not RE4.

Pre-4 is Alien. RE4 is Terminator 2. Maybe a milestone, but simply not the same thing (and arguably dumber). RE5 is Transformers: Age of Extinction.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 06:13:53 PM by Spieler1 »

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2019, 06:09:22 PM »
RE4 is still incredible today. I got 1000/1000 on the Xbone version recently - I hadn't played on Professional mode before but holy crap, thats the way to play. So much more thrilling

Rahxephon91

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2019, 06:21:25 PM »
So RE4 is one of the best movies ever made. Ok cool.

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2019, 06:26:17 PM »
He does look badass, but his hairstyle is strangely orbicular lol

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:20 PM »

get a load of Carlos lmao

RIP Voth Jill. I told you motherfuckers they'd fuck her over, and surprise they did! I'm still disappointed.

Carlos got hit with the ugly stick. Hopefully they fix his hair to at least look better.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2019, 08:48:40 PM »
I don’t know why people care about Jill Voth. She isn’t RE3 Jill or the face model for the last Jill appearance anyway. Nor was she the voice.

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2019, 08:58:45 PM »
I don’t know why people care about Jill Voth. She isn’t RE3 Jill or the face model for the last Jill appearance anyway. Nor was she the voice.

Cause they a bunch of nerds that wanna fuck her

yar