Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136714 times)

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #22260 on: July 24, 2020, 06:30:33 PM »
Black Hebrew Israelite men shouted combative and racist slurs at the high school students as well as Native Americans.[10][22][23] They called the students "a bunch of incest babies", future "school shooters", and "dirty ass little crackers", and said "you give feggits rights".[22][24][25][36] Many students reacted by saying things such as "whoa" and "easy".[36] The Hebrew Israelites also called a passing black man who tried to disagree with them a "coon", told indigenous activists that the word Indian means "savage", and said to a woman who had stopped to argue with them: "Where's your husband? Bring your husband. Let me speak to him."[24][26]
Of course, this wasn't even part of the original story. But at least they didn't smirk at anyone.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #22261 on: July 24, 2020, 06:34:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-maga-covington-kid-who-smirked-in-the-face-of-native-american-protester-to-receive-settlement-from-cnn.163511/post-40671708

The irony is the people overreacting and wishing him harm are the ones who handed him this money on a platter.

It's amazing that RE doesn't understand this

CNN is ultimately to blame. When you make the title of your story "Teens in Make America Great Again hats taunted a Native American elder at the Lincoln Memorial" because you know that will get clicks, and don't do enough research to confirm that that's what happened, you deserve to lose 5 mil.

benita

« Reply #22262 on: July 24, 2020, 06:39:20 PM »

I got banned for saying shit about this kid a while back, I stand on my opinion and don't regret it. FUCK this kid, FUCK his parents, FUCK those that align with him and FUCK those that defend him!

:rage

This is about the kid who ran away to join ISIS after watching beheading videos, right?

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #22263 on: July 24, 2020, 06:45:14 PM »
weaponized smirking

stufte

• Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior Senior
« Reply #22264 on: July 24, 2020, 06:47:09 PM »
The Covington kid shit storm really broke me as a liberal. I can't believe how fucked up the narrative got with that whole thing, and how it was twisted so hard to make him look like he was the bad guy, when he wasn't.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22265 on: July 24, 2020, 06:47:33 PM »
Is it wrong to wish something bad to happen to this ass? Like an accident that leaves him paralyzed or something?

:mindblown
Yes. Yes it is.
Glad i could help.

samir

« Reply #22266 on: July 24, 2020, 06:53:32 PM »
Resetera is like reverse Stormfront

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #22267 on: July 24, 2020, 06:54:25 PM »
1. demi
2. Joe Molotov
3. bork
4. Great Rumbler
5. recursivenumerable (?)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22268 on: July 24, 2020, 07:00:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/racist-maga-covington-kid-who-smirked-in-the-face-of-native-american-protester-to-receive-settlement-from-cnn.163511/post-40671708

The irony is the people overreacting and wishing him harm are the ones who handed him this money on a platter.

It's amazing that RE doesn't understand this

At this point in time is it actually amazing?

The fact that era - still! - talk about this kid like the provably false  by a bad faith actor initial story is the truth because, fuck, I dunno, they only have vinyl brains and you can't rewrite them with subsequent information once first pressed or some shit just demonstrates he was subject to actual harm as a result.

also era: fuck this minor who has been damaged being recompensed by a giant multinational corporation

bdoughty

« Reply #22269 on: July 24, 2020, 07:20:59 PM »
Resetera is like reverse Stormfront

The Jews and Israel might disagree with you this one. It's pretty much the equivalent of Stormfront in that regards.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22270 on: July 24, 2020, 07:39:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/reports-of-unsolicited-seeds-being-shipped-from-china.254982/

Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure this threads going to end up on the asianera summit agenda

ShutUp

« Reply #22271 on: July 24, 2020, 07:52:46 PM »
That loser hoping the kid somehow gets paralyzed will be banned. No worries.

Is what a sane message board would do with someone hoping for a teenager to be paralyzed.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #22272 on: July 24, 2020, 08:03:03 PM »

Is what a sane message board would do with someone hoping for a teenager to be paralyzed.

a sane message board wouldn't have had anyone make a post like that in the first place
Uncle

bdoughty

« Reply #22273 on: July 24, 2020, 09:11:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/this-photo-from-portland-should-enrage-everyone.255048/

:nsfw

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

It made no sense, what am I supposed to be enraged at? Karen? White People? The key was to see what they were looking at to feel the outrage.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:24:33 PM by bdoughty »

« Reply #22274 on: July 24, 2020, 10:00:50 PM »

a sane message board wouldn't have had anyone make a post like that in the first place

I don't think it has anything to do with a message board. It's just a weird cultural shift where people now believe anyone who disagrees with them is an enemy and deserving of permanent harm. It used to be tolerance meant accepting a wealth of ideas and beliefs but now you're tolerant only of things conforming to your world view.

Unrelated: Just say posters. "Forum personalities" is like calling Trump or Biden a statesman.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

Boredfrom

« Reply #22276 on: July 24, 2020, 10:32:56 PM »

I don't think it has anything to do with a message board. It's just a weird cultural shift where people now believe anyone who disagrees with them is an enemy and deserving of permanent harm. It used to be tolerance meant accepting a wealth of ideas and beliefs but now you're tolerant only of things conforming to your world view.

Unrelated: Just say posters. "Forum personalities" is like calling Trump or Biden a statesman.

Nah, even twitter will eventually ban you for the stuff that RE usually spews.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22277 on: July 24, 2020, 11:13:53 PM »
Speaking of pictures from Portland, this one is amazing

ShutUp

« Reply #22278 on: July 25, 2020, 12:19:25 AM »

This is true.

Yulwei

« Reply #22279 on: July 25, 2020, 12:20:06 AM »
Speaking of pictures from Portland, this one is amazing

the sheer attention whoring

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22280 on: July 25, 2020, 12:30:54 AM »
Missed opportunity to have her Onlyfans tattooed on her back.
©@©™

TacoWallace

« Reply #22281 on: July 25, 2020, 01:48:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-this-how-most-white-people-cook-their-rice.255225/

The cook is a brown-skinned Indian.

They are literally making everything black or white.

Multiple callouts to the potential ethnocentrism in the replies. Probably not gonna get so much as a warning cause 31k posts.

31k worthless posts.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:05:31 AM by TacoWallace »

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #22282 on: July 25, 2020, 02:06:03 AM »
Black Hebrew Israelite men shouted combative and racist slurs at the high school students as well as Native Americans.[10][22][23] They called the students "a bunch of incest babies", future "school shooters", and "dirty ass little crackers", and said "you give tacos rights".[22][24][25][36] Many students reacted by saying things such as "whoa" and "easy".[36] The Hebrew Israelites also called a passing black man who tried to disagree with them a "coon", told indigenous activists that the word Indian means "savage", and said to a woman who had stopped to argue with them: "Where's your husband? Bring your husband. Let me speak to him."[24][26]
Of course, this wasn't even part of the original story. But at least they didn't smirk at anyone.

Huh.  Surprised to see that more of Era isn't defending the Black Scientologist

https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-this-how-most-white-people-cook-their-rice.255225/

Multiple callouts to the potential ethnocentrism in the replies. Probably not gonna get so much as a warning cause 31k posts.

31k worthless posts.

Best shit post. 
They put raisins or some shit in there?

I'm pretty sure someone had curried chicken salad from whole foods and he assumed it was a white thing.  Don't get me wrong, curried chicken salad is certainly a white person thing but it's like eating Indian food and every time someone brings up Indian food some jackass says, 'Oh, I bet they put chickpeas in it." 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 02:10:42 AM by clothedmacuser »
sigh

Yulwei

« Reply #22283 on: July 25, 2020, 02:22:21 AM »

31k worthless posts.

I wonder if he got wizard powers when he hit 30k

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22285 on: July 25, 2020, 02:47:39 AM »
You're not a leftist if you marry and father the child of an alt-right piece of shit.

:badass

ὕβρις

TacoWallace

« Reply #22286 on: July 25, 2020, 05:10:10 AM »
They closed the thread and suggested it be remade and framed differently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-problematic-nature-of-bbcs-recent-viral-egg-fried-rice-recipe.255264/

Reposting this because the previous title is a bit inciting (which I admit it was) and also to give a bit more context as to why it's problematic to Chinese Asians in general.

So he furiously remakes it to say it's problematic to Chinese Asians...due to the cooking methods. Oh but the caricature voice of the youtuber is not.

Someone send this man to the ongoing summit if he's not already leading the discussion there.

Pennywise

« Reply #22287 on: July 25, 2020, 05:18:34 AM »
Honest question: Has there be a concise effort from the Xbox community to speak to the site‘s administration that we‘re increasingly feeling unsafe here? Like that we feel we can‘t discuss our favorite games anymore, actively have to avoid threads because the console warring is getting out of hand? It strikes me as weird that ResetERA is always so careful about representation and equality that they‘d allow a whole fanbase to be feeling like they should leave this forum? It seems many of us have reverted to strategies such as sticking to this thread or LTTP/Game Pass OT only, but that can‘t be a long-term solution, right? If such an effort was to be made, we‘d probably have to collect examples, and I‘m not even sure if it would be worth the effort, but it‘s REALLY getting to a point where I feel the situation can‘t just be being complained about with no further action. This thread is full of postings like mine.

I personally always wished ResetERA had a Zero Tolerance approach, but they seemingly don‘t.

:lol :lol :lol

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22288 on: July 25, 2020, 05:23:53 AM »
They closed the thread and suggested it be remade and framed differently.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-problematic-nature-of-bbcs-recent-viral-egg-fried-rice-recipe.255264/

Reposting this because the previous title is a bit inciting (which I admit it was) and also to give a bit more context as to why it's problematic to Chinese Asians in general.

So he furiously remakes it to say it's problematic to Chinese Asians...due to the cooking methods. Oh but the caricature voice of the youtuber is not.

Someone send this man to the ongoing summit if he's not already leading the discussion there.

Problematic cooking.  :hmph
Even the BBC produced another program saying it's wrong !
:science
ὕβρις

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #22290 on: July 25, 2020, 06:23:29 AM »
Probably can’t cook rice with a staff post either :rodney

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #22291 on: July 25, 2020, 06:41:01 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anime-voice-actress-fart-recordings-now-on-sale-in-japan.252894/page-4#post-40722300

Quote from: dude, post: 40722300, member: 1729
You know what's far more weird to me than people who get off to farts?
People who joke and kink shame other people for 3 pages?? I mean, what the fuck do you all care if someone likes farts?

Newsfeed.
Margs

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22292 on: July 25, 2020, 07:26:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anime-voice-actress-fart-recordings-now-on-sale-in-japan.252894/page-4#post-40722300

Quote from: dude, post: 40722300, member: 1729
You know what's far more weird to me than people who get off to farts?
People who joke and kink shame other people for 3 pages?? I mean, what the fuck do you all care if someone likes farts?

Newsfeed.

Calling it an "anime voice actress" is a bit misleading considering it seems to be a lady who has mostly worked on dojin and adult stuff

She doesn't even have a MAL page so "anime voice actress" might be a little bit too grandiose a title to open this thread with, I don't know. xd wacky japan tho dudes

:expert
ὕβρις

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22293 on: July 25, 2020, 07:40:11 AM »
let's be honest jasmine and sticky rice pisses all over pilau and basmati, it's not even a competition.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #22294 on: July 25, 2020, 07:46:18 AM »
He's doing it as a troll and now people are actually pretending he is one? I don't get what teenage leftists on twitter ever did to you guys but you guys need to move on

Bullied in Class (Struggle)
ὕβρις

bdoughty

« Reply #22295 on: July 25, 2020, 08:03:52 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/whats-your-opinion-on-married-with-children.186021/page-5

Wasn't it mostly MRA/anti-feminist stuff? I only watched it a few times. Was basically raised with it as the example of cheap easy comedy (same way I was taught about most toilet humor). The limited experience I had with it didn't dissuade me.

Maybe someday I'll give the earlier seasons an honest shot.

I've never seen more than a few minutes of it. Even as a kid something about it turned me off.

Imagine how shocked they would be if they knew a Amanda Bearse, a Lesbian and another woman directed 60+ episodes. Bearse even directed a couple of the No Ma'am episodes, like the one where baseball goes on strike.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #22296 on: July 25, 2020, 08:39:07 AM »
Free nacho bro :tocry
(ice)

BisMarckie

« Reply #22297 on: July 25, 2020, 08:42:03 AM »
How about we all just make rice how we wanna make rice? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive Drive-By Posting in a Sensitive Thread

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #22298 on: July 25, 2020, 08:44:57 AM »

I can't fucking believe he got banned for this. You'd think that claiming that there is only one correct way to do something would be more problematic

Clockwork5

« Reply #22299 on: July 25, 2020, 08:48:40 AM »
Last time this came up I learned boiling it down vs draining are both fine, they're both done in Asia and neither are culturally offensive.

Good news, nobody actually gives a fuck how you cook rice.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #22300 on: July 25, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
Whether you believe it to be true or not, this kind of hackneyed performance of a Chinese speaking English is perfectly suited to be weaponized in 2020’s America.

:doge

TacoWallace

« Reply #22301 on: July 25, 2020, 08:54:56 AM »

I can't fucking believe he got banned for this. You'd think that claiming that there is only one correct way to do something would be more problematic

Or the other person in that back and forth who straight up said

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-problematic-nature-of-bbcs-recent-viral-egg-fried-rice-recipe.255264/page-4#post-40728627

If you shut up and observe, you just might learn something about being "inclusive" of "minority voices", white man. If my snark makes you double down then you were never about inclusion anyway.

Acting like a Nepenthe disciple must be what's hot these days.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22302 on: July 25, 2020, 09:08:27 AM »

That sensitive rice thread.

Nope, not snowflakes at all.

:doge

jorma

« Reply #22303 on: July 25, 2020, 09:39:31 AM »

he really should have known better than to post this sort of obvious* shid on ree    :rofl

*obvious to the rest of the world

Hermit

« Reply #22304 on: July 25, 2020, 10:39:25 AM »
You've gotta be fucking kidding me LOL

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22305 on: July 25, 2020, 12:12:55 PM »
love that the chinese fella is coming under fire for hamming up his own accent from yanks who treat their ethnic heritage like a fragile antique vase.

zepblackstar

« Reply #22306 on: July 25, 2020, 12:59:45 PM »
Calling someone who is Chinese "Chinese-Asian" would get you punched in the mouth in some circles.

jorma

« Reply #22307 on: July 25, 2020, 01:14:13 PM »
Calling someone who is Chinese "Chinese-Asian" would get you punched in the mouth in some circles.

that's how you know they are actually  :usacry

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #22308 on: July 25, 2020, 01:19:26 PM »
It's all about the ethics of game journalism cooking rice
🤴

ShutUp

« Reply #22309 on: July 25, 2020, 01:21:43 PM »
"Let people cook rice how they want to"

"NO YOU MUST COOK IT THIS WAY" *BANNED*

Yulwei

« Reply #22310 on: July 25, 2020, 01:22:13 PM »
Honest question: Has there be a concise effort from the Xbox community to speak to the site‘s administration that we‘re increasingly feeling unsafe here? Like that we feel we can‘t discuss our favorite games anymore, actively have to avoid threads because the console warring is getting out of hand? It strikes me as weird that ResetERA is always so careful about representation and equality that they‘d allow a whole fanbase to be feeling like they should leave this forum? It seems many of us have reverted to strategies such as sticking to this thread or LTTP/Game Pass OT only, but that can‘t be a long-term solution, right? If such an effort was to be made, we‘d probably have to collect examples, and I‘m not even sure if it would be worth the effort, but it‘s REALLY getting to a point where I feel the situation can‘t just be being complained about with no further action. This thread is full of postings like mine.

I personally always wished ResetERA had a Zero Tolerance approach, but they seemingly don‘t.

:lol :lol :lol

Xbros we fucking lost 

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #22312 on: July 25, 2020, 01:57:42 PM »
I don't feel safe cooking rice anymore.
©@©™

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #22313 on: July 25, 2020, 02:02:07 PM »
just watch, console allegiances will soon fall under the same banner as ethnic protectivism and any inter-platform commentary will become a form of bigotry.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #22314 on: July 25, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
I don't feel safe cooking rice anymore.

Ricest much?

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #22315 on: July 25, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »

Foodnazis trigger my jimmies like little else.
I already have to constantly listen people bitching about that one American on Youtube who cooked Carbonara wrong, or lol look what they put on pizza (despite Pizza with Nutella being a common dish in Naples).  ::)

In my global dictatorship unified government, there would be only one dish to eat, and it'd be dicks.  >:(

As long as people don't sell a dish as "authentic" (whatever that even means) let them cook whatever they want and fuck off.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22316 on: July 25, 2020, 03:11:54 PM »
Quote from: NepNep, A Furdmin
Furries are the only ones who can do deprecating furry humor well. Whenever it comes outside of the fandom, it's...fucking cringey?

:engel

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #22317 on: July 25, 2020, 03:17:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/itt-you-post-something-you%E2%80%99ve-done-that-you%E2%80%99re-sure-no-one-else-on-the-forum-has-done.255240/

r/ThatReallyHappened, The Thread

Got a public blowjob in the middle of the day in a Muslim majority country.
Last year I went to a sex party in a foreign country with thousands of people that eventually devolved into a full blown orgy.
I have in real life friends

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #22318 on: July 25, 2020, 03:18:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tom-king-disappointed-with-dc-hiring-comicsgate-artist.255006/

So this is a weird one for era.

General consensus is that cancel culture is real, its a really shitty thing to do to someone, making an ill informed call out post to try and get someone cancelled on really tangential facts and then a follow up 'oh, my bad' is still pretty much a dick move, and acknowledgement that some of the kulturkampf shit people are trying to cancel other people over is only even known about by super extra live their life online types and normies have no fucking clue about most of this shit and aren't staking a flag in the ground to defend the faith when they do normie shit like do a paid job for someone they know.

:confused