Author Topic: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread  (Read 3136225 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Doxxing Files |OT| Do not use a pandemic to make a platform wars thread
« Reply #47340 on: August 03, 2021, 05:09:16 AM »
My ban message said I'm transphobic, sexist and racist. Which is of course totally false.

But the real reason was I challenged the new generation of nintendies bullshit insiders and bullied the former GAF mods.

A lot people came to my defense and that started the culling of legends
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #47341 on: August 03, 2021, 06:38:55 AM »
My ban message said I'm transphobic, sexist and racist. Which is of course totally false.

But the real reason was I challenged the new generation of nintendies bullshit insiders and bullied the former GAF mods.

That's got to be the most innocuous of permanent bans I've ever seen. Obviously your history of histories had been written and you got got.
Spud

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #47342 on: August 03, 2021, 06:41:20 AM »
link to the culling of legends?
(ice)

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018

Switters

« Reply #47344 on: August 03, 2021, 07:10:20 AM »
Their "funny" thread is more sterile and clean than the senior forums TOS.
troll

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47345 on: August 03, 2021, 07:35:47 AM »

:salute  :nintex
Margs

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47346 on: August 03, 2021, 08:03:07 AM »
I think it can be forgiven in a non-Minority Report world for trash to eventually be posted to a community forum because of the inevitability of it. My problem with staff is that they equivocate all posts; a racist post gets the same treatment as a snarky one responding negatively to the racism. On top of that, they've got a Reddit style vote system that will flag any post as moderation worthy, and in an environment of incels, it's very easy for staff to just ban members who are pro-inclusion based upon mob rule. The way the forum is set up and maintained guarantees a shitty environment, and hell, given the lawsuit, this was probably by design. Ultimately if that is the best these companies can do, these forums should be shut down.
I took two things out of this post. :teehee

This is not the moment of clarity I thought it was after reading

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 08:32:13 AM by Nintex »
🤴

porkbun

• #1 Pit-Fighter fan
« Reply #47348 on: August 03, 2021, 08:35:51 AM »
Height
5' 8"
Weight

Did he get swole in prison or is he a major fat fuck?

Fat.  Even if he did want to work out in prison, he probably can't anyway since kiddie diddlers are kept in segregation.

BisMarckie

« Reply #47349 on: August 03, 2021, 08:40:17 AM »
Though it's also fascinating to see them tackling this, when we're sitting safely on the sidelines. The Chinese government is doing exactly what so many of us keep wishing our governments would do - curbing the rampant capitalism and exploitation of the masses which makes the 1% richer and richer.

Their main focus so far has been property, health, and education. Specifically targeting the rich who benefit from these sectors by deliberately overpricing things like housing and healthcare, to make it all much more affordable to the masses. It's a heavy-handed approach, but it's signalling that they don't want China going the same way that America has, and the UK (my country) is leaning closer and closer towards, but instead wants to put the people first rather than the wealthy. That's a lot easier to do when your government isn't reliant on donations from the wealthy every 4/5 years to remain in power.

I think it's fascinating =)

:chinacry :tauntaun :chinacry

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #47350 on: August 03, 2021, 08:45:21 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gene-hackman-is-edit-because-people-are-upset-91-and-doing-well.465795/page-2

That was uncalled for, Op. had enough bad news in the last year.

Who’s going to break the bad news?
Oi Oi

« Reply #47351 on: August 03, 2021, 08:47:00 AM »
Rusty Nail attempt to race bait and generalize white drivers seems to have backfired on him. He flew too close to the sun

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47352 on: August 03, 2021, 09:03:27 AM »
Rusty Nail attempt to race bait and generalize white drivers seems to have backfired on him. He flew too close to the sun

I assume you think the person calling him out is going to get got if any moderation happens, and not get clapped with a 'downplaying concern' themself?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #47353 on: August 03, 2021, 09:06:15 AM »
Though it's also fascinating to see them tackling this, when we're sitting safely on the sidelines. The Chinese government is doing exactly what so many of us keep wishing our governments would do - curbing the rampant capitalism and exploitation of the masses which makes the 1% richer and richer.

Their main focus so far has been property, health, and education. Specifically targeting the rich who benefit from these sectors by deliberately overpricing things like housing and healthcare, to make it all much more affordable to the masses. It's a heavy-handed approach, but it's signalling that they don't want China going the same way that America has, and the UK (my country) is leaning closer and closer towards, but instead wants to put the people first rather than the wealthy. That's a lot easier to do when your government isn't reliant on donations from the wealthy every 4/5 years to remain in power.

I think it's fascinating =)

:chinacry :tauntaun :chinacry
Someone should explain to this idiot that China's wealth inequality is worse than the UK's.
Spud

Mostima

« Reply #47354 on: August 03, 2021, 09:27:46 AM »
As usual, Resetera completely misunderstands the story. This has nothing to do with lootboxes, or capitalism. The whole "spiritual opium" comment is about kids being addicted to games like Mobile Legends, and Honor of Kings which are mobile MOBAs and not gacha games.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #47355 on: August 03, 2021, 09:35:12 AM »
Enlightened Dictatorship > Democracy.  :trumps

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Enlightened = Agrees with me on everything.
[close]

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47356 on: August 03, 2021, 09:53:04 AM »
Did nep accidently describe era?

I think it can be forgiven in a non-Minority Report world for trash to eventually be posted to a community forum because of the inevitability of it. My problem with Blizzard's staff is that they equivocate all posts; a racist post gets the same treatment as a snarky one responding negatively to the racism. On top of that, they've got a Reddit style vote system that will flag any post as moderation worthy, and in an environment of incels, it's very easy for staff to just ban members who are pro-inclusion based upon mob rule. The way the forum is set up and maintained guarantees a shitty environment, and hell, given the lawsuit, this was probably by design. Ultimately if that is the best these billion dollar companies can do, these forums should be shut down.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #47357 on: August 03, 2021, 09:59:00 AM »
Today Ree becomes the anonymous hero. They will never know of his bravery or self sacrifice -

This weekend completely wiped all Blizzard games and their launcher from my computer. Even though I technically have 2 months left on my WoW sub I’m done.

Really puts those so called emergency responders to shame

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47358 on: August 03, 2021, 10:10:20 AM »
The Stasi seems to be watching my comrades:
User banned (1 month): misrepresenting prior bans, conspiracy theories

Glad to be back after somehow dismissing the claims of a Cuban protest movement that has now been shown to be an outright social media operation.

I think I’m not gonna be posting much here anymore. Been, “banned,” one too many times for defending homeless people, class consciousness over identity politics (like the PKI and Panthers), and now actual revolutionary Cubans. It’s a joke.
User Banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories

Yeah the Cuban protest movement as an organic "revolution" didn't hold up very long, seems to have been largely manufactured by the US government and media. I hope for the best for the Cuban people and whatever kind of state they determine is the best fit for them in the future. But, as someone who has decades of experience living in one, I would not recommend "capitalist oligarchy".
"Misrepresenting prior bans" being a ban reason is kinda Kafkaesque.

you know I always assumed this meant that getting banned this way is like turning into a cockroach

but I just read a summary of Der Process
 :ohhh
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47359 on: August 03, 2021, 10:13:17 AM »
The fun thing with Nepenthe is that you don't know if the racism she calls out is people dropping the n-word left and right or if someone is just arguing that it's okay for Mei to wear cornrows.
Fun fact: I once copped a ban for "Disingenuous Derailment" for discussing why an author might choose to include a modern plain English translation alongside the source's 1800s African slave pidgin in a history book.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Awww.resetera.com+%22disingenuous+derailment%22

:bolo
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #47360 on: August 03, 2021, 10:41:07 AM »
The Stasi seems to be watching my comrades:
User banned (1 month): misrepresenting prior bans, conspiracy theories

Glad to be back after somehow dismissing the claims of a Cuban protest movement that has now been shown to be an outright social media operation.

I think I’m not gonna be posting much here anymore. Been, “banned,” one too many times for defending homeless people, class consciousness over identity politics (like the PKI and Panthers), and now actual revolutionary Cubans. It’s a joke.
User Banned (2 weeks): conspiracy theories

Yeah the Cuban protest movement as an organic "revolution" didn't hold up very long, seems to have been largely manufactured by the US government and media. I hope for the best for the Cuban people and whatever kind of state they determine is the best fit for them in the future. But, as someone who has decades of experience living in one, I would not recommend "capitalist oligarchy".
"Misrepresenting prior bans" being a ban reason is kinda Kafkaesque.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de-blasio-breaks-up-rabbi%E2%80%99s-funeral-and-lashes-out-over-virus-distancing-nyt.194427/page-3#post-32618481

https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-york-state-alone-has-more-coronavirus-cases-than-france-or-south-korea-as-infections-soar-to-15-168.176576/#post-30130804

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #47361 on: August 03, 2021, 10:47:28 AM »
One day we are going to have to reckon with how we treat the survivors of our country's worst events. The harassment these people are facing is not new and almost nothing is done about it. It is unconscionable.

Just one of many posts in Bizarro-Eras These Police Are Heroes thread

Mostima

« Reply #47362 on: August 03, 2021, 10:58:29 AM »
Really? The capitol riot was one of the "country's worst events"? And this is the same site that still mocks conservatives for still clinging on to 911.

« Reply #47363 on: August 03, 2021, 10:58:57 AM »
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1422531662995464239

Congratulations everyone.

(Image removed from quote.)

This won’t placate anyone on RE. Even if Bobby was ousted, they unionized, made every decision maker != ciswhitemale, they’d say “fuck em anyway”.

Later on when that attitude is brought up when the next company is in their sights, they will say “we aren’t a hive mind” or “it’s not the users job to forgive” when in reality they just want people cancelled, because they hate their own reflections, are miserable, and fester in an echo chamber feeding into it constantly.

Going on gaf less (even before showergate) and never joining RE was one of the best decisions I have ever made when it comes to social media. And I had been on gaf since 2001.

:brain

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47364 on: August 03, 2021, 11:04:07 AM »
Today Ree becomes the anonymous hero. They will never know of his bravery or self sacrifice -

This weekend completely wiped all Blizzard games and their launcher from my computer. Even though I technically have 2 months left on my WoW sub I’m done.

why are they not doing a chargeback

that's the most effective way of getting a company to hate you and scorched-earthing your accounts
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47365 on: August 03, 2021, 11:20:23 AM »
tyler needs to work on his seo  :lol

Uncle

« Reply #47366 on: August 03, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

that's the most effective way of getting a company to hate you and scorched-earthing your accounts

Because they need it for Diablo 2 resurrected in a month. Technically the game was made by Blizzard North, and remastered by VV so cognitively they can still buy it!

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #47367 on: August 03, 2021, 11:48:19 AM »
I need to know if dropping an ACAB in that thread will get you actioned.

Oi Oi

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #47368 on: August 03, 2021, 12:08:52 PM »
It is fucking tragic. The public at large and online tend to forget they are actually people, human beings, in an incredibly stressful job, dealing with horrific shit day to day. No one should be harassed to this degree in their job. I’m sure they love hearing and reading “acab” everyday too which this place is guilty of daily.

I mean, a cop's definitely not my friend but nobody deserves this treatment.

ACIDNMF isn't as catchy

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #47369 on: August 03, 2021, 12:16:47 PM »
It's great to see how quick opinions inverse as soon as it politically aligns with them. Conservatives suddenly not giving a shit about those cops and RE suddenly worried about dehumanisation of cops.

Snoopycat_

« Reply #47370 on: August 03, 2021, 12:30:04 PM »

I seriously doubt anyone on Ree is allowed to own a bank account.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #47371 on: August 03, 2021, 12:39:52 PM »

"What's the reason for the charge back?"

*Rep starts fraud investigation in BG*

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47372 on: August 03, 2021, 12:40:01 PM »

I seriously doubt anyone on Ree is allowed to own a bank account.

they mail blizzard a soggy envelope stuffed with cash with a note that says "4 warcreft sub thx"
 :ohhh
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #47373 on: August 03, 2021, 12:42:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ny-attorney-general-letitia-james-governor-cuomo-sexually-harassed-current-and-former-new-york-state-employees.466155/

Fuck that guy and fuck anyone who associate or enable him at this point.
Actually strike that, fuck any Democrat who isn't calling for his resignation right now.

Posted 56 minutes ago

It’s been less than an hour, fuck all democrats!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47374 on: August 03, 2021, 12:50:22 PM »
ADAB

Uncle

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47375 on: August 03, 2021, 12:51:46 PM »
ALL DADDIES ARE BADDIES  8)

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #47376 on: August 03, 2021, 01:17:47 PM »
ALL DADDIES ARE BADDIES  8)

:nsfw :nsfw :nsfw
spoiler (click to show/hide)

[close]
^_^

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47377 on: August 03, 2021, 01:20:51 PM »
 :shaqc

SmokyDave

« Reply #47378 on: August 03, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »
I really like my father-in-law, and I’m an actual father. I feel like I’m missing out on a fetish that I might like, but ain’t meant for me. Some fucker calls me Dad and I’m off to the kitchen to fetch them juice :(

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #47379 on: August 03, 2021, 02:16:23 PM »
 :dead

get me a capri sun and some dinosaur cookies, Daddy Dave!  :kinison

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #47380 on: August 03, 2021, 02:20:47 PM »
Time for daddy cummo to come home and switch parties :trumps
🤴

SmokyDave

« Reply #47381 on: August 03, 2021, 02:23:15 PM »
:dead

get me a capri sun and some dinosaur cookies, Daddy Dave!  :kinison

Alright, I’m on it. Fucks sake. Why can’t your mum get off her arse?!

Fine, there’s a fucking Capri Sun coming. It’s sugar free because I don’t need you dancing around like some electrocuted spastic before bedtime.

(Huh,
You actually sub in for my kid 1:1. You ever need somewhere to live just hit me up, I’ll make up a spare bed)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #47382 on: August 03, 2021, 02:55:22 PM »
Guess air marshal doesn't care because he's white. Imagine if he's brown with thick beard.

AAMAB :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #47383 on: August 03, 2021, 02:55:59 PM »
@Admins, when we introducing EraChan? We need a waifu mascot.
I know youre joking. But nope. More than enough waifus are out there for mass male consumption. So the less waifus in the world, the better. And this is from a man who is still coming into terms with his own shitty biases.

:notlikethis

This dude is trying soooo hard

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #47384 on: August 03, 2021, 03:13:43 PM »
you slags have me craving a capri sun now :stahp
(ice)

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #47385 on: August 03, 2021, 03:19:30 PM »

:smug
Uncle

SmokyDave

« Reply #47386 on: August 03, 2021, 03:32:47 PM »
We had some a week or two back but it was the sugar free stuff. I didn’t realise how much sugar mattered until they took it from Capri Sun and breakfast cereals  :stahp

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #47387 on: August 03, 2021, 03:39:22 PM »
We had some a week or two back but it was the sugar free stuff. I didn’t realise how much sugar mattered until they took it from Capri Sun and breakfast cereals  :stahp

Absolutely this, shit is just flavored water at this point.  I still drink whatever we have left after my nephew goes home but it just isn’t the same.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #47388 on: August 03, 2021, 04:46:01 PM »
It’s all been downhill since Hi-C stopped making Ecto Cooler.  Those motherfuckers.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #47390 on: August 03, 2021, 06:29:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-digimon-tamers-live-reading-devolves-into-far-right-talking-points.466149/

“The writer is talking about cancel culture, lets make sure we cancel him”.

No self awareness.

« Reply #47391 on: August 03, 2021, 07:10:04 PM »
@Admins, when we introducing EraChan? We need a waifu mascot.
I know youre joking. But nope. More than enough waifus are out there for mass male consumption. So the less waifus in the world, the better. And this is from a man who is still coming into terms with his own shitty biases.

:notlikethis

This dude is trying soooo hard

Ashlette seems to be one of those people whose worldview is completely shaped by Era.  Someone similar to Redmercury (assuming he isn't a troll).

This was his reaction to the Girlfriend Reviews people shitting on Era:  https://www.resetera.com/threads/girlfriend-reviews-a-redditor-on-r-thelastofus2-sent-death-threats-to-himself-and-blamed-us.461778/page-8#post-70132380

Thank you for linking.

It was hard to digest the negative comments thrown at this site (both from the hosts and from the watchers). But I am glad to see that they didn't hold back. After all, that is how they feel about us, and bottling all that up for all these years must have really hurt them.

i am sad that they didn't want to bring up the jontron stuff though. what he did still fucking hurts me to this day and the fact that he's still around shows that "cancel culture" is a load of bullshit.

when i saw those GFR threads in 2019 and someone mentioned made those connections, I noped out.

Regarding my reaction to those threads back in the day - Mid-2019 was a frustrating time for me. seeing how youtube handled the carlos maza situation the way that it did really got to me. it made me realize that youtube refuses to protect the people it claims to support. then one of the youtubers i regularly watched turned out to be an anti-feminist pos. then i saw videos about alt-right pipelines, which showed how "innocent" people like pewdiepie can cause so much harm and i was fucking done. it made me learn that youtubers are not to be trusted. that any one of them could lead vulnerable people to a path of darkness. i learned to scrutinize who I watched at that point and to avoid anything that could remind me of youtube's bullshit. so when i saw names like pewdiepie and nakeyjakey show up, i bailed out as fast as i could.

Some pretty extreme outgroup assumptions here about a massive amount of people.  And that's even before we get into the views that mirror the sex-negative Women Sexualization thread.  Dude's mind would probably be blown by vtubers.

Edit: Huh, he apparently has mentioned vtubers before, but it's a hidden post, so no idea what it says:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/inugami-korone-japanese-virtual-youtuber-plays-super-mario-using-only-english-42-56-long-video.288623/page-7#post-45817043

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #47392 on: August 03, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-street-fighter-v-character-revealed-luke.466401/page-6#post-70730643

Quote from: King Alamat, post: 70730643, member: 34116
Ayo Capcom, y'all do realize there are other people in America other than blonde white folks, right? This dude looks like he says the n-word at rap concerts and tries to pick fights with store clerks over mask mandates.
Margs

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #47393 on: August 03, 2021, 08:55:04 PM »
Oi Oi

Propagandhim

« Reply #47394 on: August 03, 2021, 09:18:11 PM »
I was with him on how Capcom keeps making the same blonde white characters....but   :whew

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #47395 on: August 03, 2021, 09:49:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-digimon-tamers-live-reading-devolves-into-far-right-talking-points.466149/

No self awareness.

"Far right talking points" I assumed it would be about stoking fears about raping immigrants or whatever but instead it's just about cancel culture. I guess for them South Park is now far right extremism

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #47396 on: August 03, 2021, 09:50:41 PM »

Ashlette seems to be one of those people whose worldview is completely shaped by Era.  (...)

Lil targeted, even if this dude is basically hentai guilt personified

FUME5

« Reply #47397 on: August 03, 2021, 10:16:28 PM »

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #47398 on: August 03, 2021, 10:22:32 PM »

No self awareness.
So were the cast okay with this or what? If so that's also disheartening.
Has the terminology proliferated into Japanese political discussion? Konaka's apparently deep into this shit, but if it's not super common outside the right wing shithole, the voice actors may not be aware of the American political connotations.
I was kinda curious about this too. I'm not sure how much this thought is mainstream, or if most people in Japan (outside of like social media, etc) even knows what a lot of this means? I actually wondered if the VAs for the reading even knew what any of it meant.
I've been hearing recently that rightwing culture has been exporting via internet terms like "wokism" to places that never even heard of it before like Japan and India.

The frontline is everywhere.
Rightwing Internet culture is a bloody plague that spreads far and wide. Just recently my country had a minister who talked about how we should not import western culture war to take about racism in our culture, as though the idea of privilege is some new fangled thing. People still use the term "SJW"unironically. Recently we have people adopting US rightwing talking points about how Critical Race Theory is a bad thing, while ironically talking about how importing Western ideas wholesale is bad.
Yeah, the dumb Japanese are just under the influence of far-right internet culture, totally not familiar with the idea of political correctness, something that by name dates back to the 1970s, was made mainstream in the 1980s, and came from the left as a form of in-policing.