Poll

When is MLB going to hell and end this season?

Early August
4 (50%)
Late August
2 (25%)
Early September
0 (0%)
Late September
0 (0%)
lol, they're going to cancel regular season games mid way and immediately start playoffs
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: MLB Baseball Thread: 2020 sucked. 2021 might be better?  (Read 33281 times)

Himu

Re: MLB Baseball 2020: Everyone is mad at the Astros
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2020, 03:13:39 PM »
People still referencing perhaps the biggest scandal in the history of baseball that was uncovered in the off-season before the upcoming season is "harassing the Astros"?  lol

No, not at all. I've detailed what harassment entails in this thread. Sorry you choose to ignore it.

You literally brought up harassment and then said "What about the thread title?"  in the next sentence, same paragraph..

You really gonna blame me for assuming that's the type of harassment you meant?

why don't you just fucking ask?

I wasn't saying that harassment. He said to get over it. Are the others in the thread over it? clearly not because the thread title even mentions the Astros.

But I'm supposed to get over it and just take it.

Nah.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2020, 03:20:40 PM »
If this ire we were aimed at multiple teams involved we wouldn't be having this problem.

Instead we have Dodgers and Yankees fans thinking their teams are above cheating. :sabu

You can say,"we don't have official ruling on the red sox cheating" but that didn't stop you from calling REVOKE THE ASTROS WORLD SERIES WIN  for MONTHS before the official case ruling in January.

If this were really about cheating you'd also shit on the Sox. But you don't.

You don't because you know that the Astros will still be contenders. You're butt hurt and you can't admit that your teams are fucking LOSERS and you're drowning in your cum flavored tears. Drown in that shit.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2020, 03:21:31 PM »
I mean.. I did?

Quote from: riotous
?

Why can't you just explain that's not what you meant without being condescending about it?

Please link to the post so I can see and quote it directly.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2020, 03:25:27 PM »
lol, several players came out and accused the Astros of cheating, putting their name on it, something that has never been seen before in baseball. As far as we know it was the most elaborate cheating scheme in the history of the sport.

Cindi: But but but, the Red Sox...and people are mean to Astros fans online :brazilcry

:heh

Himu

« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2020, 03:32:36 PM »
lol, several players came out and accused the Astros of cheating, putting their name on it, something that has never been seen before in baseball. As far as we know it was the most elaborate cheating scheme in the history of the sport.

Cindi: But but but, the Red Sox...and people are mean to Astros fans online :brazilcry

:heh

The Astros cheated.

Does not make harassment of the Astros and Astros fans okay.

Also, multiple people have also implicated that this problem goes beyond the Astros.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2871359-logan-morrison-so-many-mlb-teams-cheat-using-video-names-yankees-dodgers

My problem is the uniform treatment, calling Astros fans Nazi's, saying the city of Houston deserves another flood.

Thanks for straw manning every thing I have said. Keep piling on if it makes you feel better.
IYKYK

OnlyRegret

• <<SALVATION!>>
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
checking this thread on a lark
damn, some real anger over basebore  :whew

Himu

« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2020, 03:34:54 PM »
Kind of funny that you're talking about harassment while telling me to drown in my cum-flavored tears.

Read a Dodgers fan saying he regretted giving to Harvey relief just the other day.

At this point, I no longer care. You and your kind reap what you sow.

IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2020, 03:37:44 PM »
"I know from first hand accounts that the Yankees, Dodgers, Astros, and Red Sox all have used film to pick signs," he wrote, per NJ Advance Media's Brendan Kuty. "Just want you guys to know the truth. I personally think it's a tool in a tool belt to pick signs, but if we are going to be punishing people for it. Don't half ass it."

"As far back as 2015, the Yankees used the video replay room to learn other teams' sign sequences, multiple sources told The Athletic. Other teams likely were doing the same. Sources said the Red Sox began doing it no later than 2016.

Let's keep shitting on the Stros and Stros fans. Let's keep pretending it was only the Astros. Let's see what happens next. Oh, but you probably need another Mike Friars to go rat. That's the devil in this entire story: butthurt Yankees and Dodgers fans who really shouldn't be throwing stones through glass houses.
IYKYK

nachobro

• Live Más
« Reply #68 on: February 18, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »
checking this thread on a lark
damn, some real anger over basebore  :whew

gaysball :thinking

Himu

« Reply #69 on: February 18, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »
I never said anything like that, and I'm sure the guy wasn't serious anyway. I certainly don't condone statements like that.

I'm not sure you're understanding what it feels like to have watched your team give up two 4 run leads in the same game, a game which if your team had won they'd have ended up the champions, to have watched your star pitcher, who already (and up to that point somewhat unfairly) had a reputation for postseason choking in spite of dominating the regular season like no other pitcher in a decade, give up a tying grand slam and then load the bases for another tying grand slam a couple innings later, and then two years later you find out that the team that did that to you was sign-stealing on those very pitches.

Forget about us fans. Imagine how Kershaw and Darvish feel.

And I'm not sure you know what it feels like watch your team go from 100 loss seasons, have a record 1 in a million or something stat flood that destroyed homes of people you grew up with, fucked your neighborhood, destroyed your city. Then you win your only world series that year and what it means to you. And then you got some butt hurt jackal shitting your team, your fellow fans, going into conspiracy theories, harassing players social media, harassing REPORTERS social media, brigading fans private spaces while they get over their disappointment while turning away a blind eye to ANY alternative viewpoint while casting every single Astros player as a villain. Talking about buzzers without one substantiated claim, and saying the Astros deserve their world series trophy vacated.

Meanwhile other fans have ZERO empathy towards your situation and just clown you.

Nah. Fuck you and fuck every team not the Astros. I hope the Astros gang fuck all of your teams and every Stros fan feels similar.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2020, 03:49:09 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about? Go on any Astros news, whether it's Chandler Rome's twitter, or some facebook page, and it's overran by comments shitting on the Astros and Astros fans calling us cheat lovers as if we can just suddenly drop our team.

What, you want me to stop reading Astros news too?

No. Fuck YOU.

You can read the news without reading commentary, if participating in these toxic ass communities makes you wish every other baseball fan gets raped maybe it’s not worth participating is all I was trying to say. :trumps

Himu

« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2020, 03:51:25 PM »
What the fuck are you talking about? Go on any Astros news, whether it's Chandler Rome's twitter, or some facebook page, and it's overran by comments shitting on the Astros and Astros fans calling us cheat lovers as if we can just suddenly drop our team.

What, you want me to stop reading Astros news too?

No. Fuck YOU.

You can read the news without reading commentary, if participating in these toxic ass communities makes you wish every other baseball fan gets raped maybe it’s not worth participating is all I was trying to say. :trumps

Just ignore it.

Ah, that really, really solves problems. And it's very, very wrong to call it out.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2020, 04:02:40 PM »
You're stupid, and you're going on ignore until you get better
yar

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2020, 04:08:27 PM »
BU BU BU BU PEOPLE ARE SAYING ACCURATE YET MEAN THINGS ABOUT MY TEAM

shut up ho

The Braves got caught running an international talent pool signing scam and got TANGIBLY HARSHER PENALTIES including a lifetime ban for our GM and actual forfeiture of signees, then I'm sure everyone and their mother talked shit about us and I didn't care. We won the division next year.

The main difference is OUR PLAYERS DIDN'T ACTIVELY CHEAT TO FUCK UP GAMES. At the end of the day, you can't change that fact, and your players didn't get any fucking penalties for it.

I didn't run my fucking mouth when the Braves got popped. Shut yours, take your L.
yar

Himu

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2020, 04:14:33 PM »
Fine then. I won't say shit!

I do think the players involved should have penalties even if they're off the Astros roster.

This is the last I'll say of it.
IYKYK

Himu

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2020, 04:30:14 PM »
I'm just waiting for spring training news at this point. Every news outlet I read talks about the scandal.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2020, 04:33:07 PM »
This thread has almost as many posts as the entire 2019 version and we haven’t even had spring training games yet  :klob

Rman

« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2020, 04:52:24 PM »
The only reason this is an issue is that Manfred botched the punishment.

Anger is an emotion fueled by unfairness. Could not punish the players? Strip the title.

But no players were punished. They got immunity. And now are getting protected from frontier justice. It's a joke. That's why all these opposing players are angry.

Manfred really sucks.  He's a classic out of touch suit. His mealy mouthed interviewed was the weakest shit I've seen from any Commish, including that loser Selig and perennial clown Godell.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2020, 04:53:21 PM »
When baseball discourse dies out in a few decades because the younger generations dgaf and this cheating scandal certainly doesn't help the cause  :rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #80 on: February 18, 2020, 05:00:52 PM »
The Cardinals and the Twins should be contracted tbh

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2020, 06:26:48 PM »
The most attention the mlb will ever get

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1229894652234321920

Himu

« Reply #83 on: February 18, 2020, 07:04:09 PM »
Want to apologize for my posts here. I mistakenly treated you all like you were redditors and just said really bad, stupid stuff.

I know the Astros are cheaters. I'm very much disappointed in them. They ruined the one championship we have. They're so good that the cheating was pointless and they found that the cheating barely changed results anyways. Unfortunately I take a lot of the attacks personally despite knowing that and after months of it I lashed out in a very bad way.

I just want baseball to come back.
IYKYK

BisMarckie

« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2020, 08:43:30 PM »
I am just happy that there are some posts in the THRIVING Bore baseball community at all.  :doge

El Babua

« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2020, 09:28:06 PM »
Go Marlins!

Back to playing .500 baseball this year!

bluemax

« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2020, 12:14:58 AM »
BTW if you're interested in data science, one member of the Reds data science team streams on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/nickwan_datasci

He answers lots of general data science question and some baseball stuff but obviously won't talk about anything that would hurt his work situation. He also does samples of the kinds of work he does on things like Rocket League, Overwatch League or Beer.
NO

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night

bdoughty

« Reply #88 on: February 19, 2020, 01:16:51 AM »
Love or hate Pete Rose, he knew how to treat those cheaters in Houston.

BisMarckie

« Reply #89 on: February 19, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »
Rumor has it that the White Sox are signing Puig. Don’t mind him as a 4th OF/platoon player, but I am a bit scared of him being a cancer in the clubhouse.

SIGN ALL THE CUBANS

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #91 on: February 19, 2020, 08:34:55 PM »
Rumor has it that the White Sox are signing Puig. Don’t mind him as a 4th OF/platoon player,

Puig was fine as an Indian, never any problems. Just a bit of a streaky hitter.

« Reply #92 on: February 20, 2020, 11:02:17 AM »
Want to apologize for my posts here. I mistakenly treated you all like you were redditors and just said really bad, stupid stuff.

I know the Astros are cheaters. I'm very much disappointed in them. They ruined the one championship we have. They're so good that the cheating was pointless and they found that the cheating barely changed results anyways. Unfortunately I take a lot of the attacks personally despite knowing that and after months of it I lashed out in a very bad way.

I just want baseball to come back.

And you were doing so well, too.

Fuck them. They cheated. Get ready for a rough season.

And if any other teams cheated they should face the same consequences. Fuck them all. Even if my beloved Mariners did it, which would be sad cause we're bad at everything and it didn't help.  :lol
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 11:08:09 AM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Himu

IYKYK

Tripon

ToxicAdam

« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2020, 08:24:11 AM »
Someone needs to make a skit where they show the Astros playing baseball in August and every player is coming to the plate in full body armor. There's a plastic bin next to the first base coach where they remove it and place it into if they get on base.

Himu

« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2020, 02:10:15 PM »
https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/2/29/21158963/astros-fans-dont-owe-you-anything

Amen.

Decapitate every MLB team 2020 for justice. Embarrass every team this season. Make them look like jokes.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 02:16:59 PM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2020, 02:29:04 PM »
https://www.crawfishboxes.com/2020/2/29/21158963/astros-fans-dont-owe-you-anything

Amen.

Decapitate every MLB team 2020 for justice. Embarrass every team this season. Make them look like jokes.

If people want to yell at the Astros for cheating that’s fine

Good, glad that's been cleared up. Close article. :smug
©@©™

Himu

« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2020, 03:04:54 PM »

Amen.

If people want to yell at the Astros for cheating that’s fine

Good, glad that's been cleared up. Close article. :smug

:maf
IYKYK

« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2020, 05:50:37 PM »
Yeah, this is gonna be a rough season. Your team got caught (and I still hope that any other team that did the same gets punished as well), better hunker down cause it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

edit: I read through some of the comments on the article you posted and there is some serious cognitive dissonance going on in there, it's not very different from some of the stuff you'd see on r/TheDonald.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 06:02:00 PM by Mr. Gundam »
野球

Tripon

« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2020, 11:10:04 PM »
Red Sox made a great trade. Corona Virus may end the season and the Dodgers won't get to even use Mookie Betts.  :doge

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2020, 08:58:36 AM »
What are the odds that this season gets cancelled before it even starts?
dog

BisMarckie

« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2020, 09:07:23 AM »
Don’t think they will cancel, I think they will shorten the season and start in May.
If it takes corona to go back to a balanced schedule, I will be grateful for  Corona-chan. :uguu

Flannel Boy

• classic millennial sex pickle
  • Icon
« Reply #105 on: March 12, 2020, 11:13:30 AM »
Don’t think they will cancel, I think they will shorten the season and start in May.
If it takes corona to go back to a balanced schedule, I will be grateful for  Corona-chan. :uguu

Maybe they'll just play in empty stadiums. It was already done last year by the Blue Jays.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #106 on: March 12, 2020, 11:43:09 AM »
Manfred is a little bitch, no way these owners would allow the season to be suspended.  Empty stadiums would be as far as it goes I bet

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #107 on: March 12, 2020, 01:39:08 PM »
Manfred is a little bitch, no way these owners would allow the season to be suspended.  Empty stadiums would be as far as it goes I bet

This post aged well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1238151559047008256

Tripon

BisMarckie

« Reply #109 on: March 12, 2020, 01:46:23 PM »
Just when the White Sox are supposed to contend :stahp

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #110 on: March 12, 2020, 02:01:55 PM »
MLB will do anything to protect the asstros :teehee

bluemax

« Reply #111 on: March 16, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »
We are looking at no baseball until fucking June.
NO

Tripon

Himu

« Reply #113 on: March 21, 2020, 06:24:52 PM »
Jesus.
IYKYK

bluemax

« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2020, 12:26:24 AM »
There is a real chance the season gets canceled and Mookie Betts never plays for the Dodgers.
NO

ToxicAdam

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2020, 12:15:36 PM »
Yea, I heard Kurkjin talking about MLB execs getting upset because guys on cheap contracts will get a year service time even though they might not play a game.

BisMarckie

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2020, 03:07:06 PM »
2020 season pretty much cancelled then :existential

Lonewulfeus

Himu

« Reply #119 on: July 07, 2020, 07:41:51 PM »
I donated all of my Astros stuff to charity.

I can't cheer for them anymore and have barely paid attention to their moves despite the season coming up. I love baseball too much and I can't watch the team anymore. I see the players entirely differently and I can't stand the front office.

I followed the Astros seriously starting in college, when they were absolute dog shit and had the nickname of the Lastros. I still loved and followed the team despite that, so the 2017 win after literally a decade of cheering the team was one of my most cherished moments in my life, especially after the devastation of Hurricane Harvey. I went to my first Astros game when I was a wee, little kid. Baseball was the first sport I played and the sport my dad taught me. I cherish the sport too much to continue to the root for this team and I treat our WS win with a giant asterisk. Its come to a point where I have to choose: the Astros or baseball. I've chosen baseball. It is no longer my team for the foreseeable future.

This may seem drastic but it's what I have to do to continue loving the game.

I'm moving to NY and the Mets were already my second team and I followed them casually since they're the Astros' sister team and are in another league. Since their stadium will be 20 minutes away from me I've decided to change teams.

I know this is sacrilege but in this case it's what I have to do to continue enjoying baseball.

Sorry for outbursts earlier in the thread, it was me coming to terms with massive heart break.
IYKYK