Poll

When is MLB going to hell and end this season?

Early August
4 (50%)
Late August
2 (25%)
Early September
0 (0%)
Late September
0 (0%)
lol, they're going to cancel regular season games mid way and immediately start playoffs
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: MLB Baseball Thread: 2020 sucked. 2021 might be better?  (Read 33271 times)

Himu

Re: MLB Baseball 2020: Playoffs are happening
« Reply #420 on: October 19, 2020, 02:44:21 PM »
It tastes racist!!!
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #421 on: October 19, 2020, 02:59:23 PM »
I was rooting for the Braves over the dodgers cause I have a friend on Xbox who’s a dodger fan and he’s fucking insufferable.  Was a nice change of pace that my heart didn’t drop when freeman turned on that inside pitch that betts robbed.  Sucked that it was caught though.

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #422 on: October 19, 2020, 04:31:50 PM »
I knew we were fucked on Friday when we couldn't hold on in game 5. I didn't bother listening to either game 6 or 7 on the radio.

Honestly tho considering everything we did great. Over the first 9 games of the post season we were on one hell of a run. Be fun to watch next year if Soroka/Fried/Anderson can all stay healthy and effective and we either re-sign or replace Ozuna somehow.
yar

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #423 on: October 25, 2020, 12:41:46 AM »
Final play of game 4 was spectacular in so many ways. The error in the outfield. The base running stumble on the way to home thinking they would have to run back to third only for the catcher to misplay the catch at home and then the baserunner slides into home and slaps the plate.

Beautiful. Borderline romantic.

https://twitter.com/espn/status/1320219524210282496

https://twitter.com/MLBONFOX/status/1320219401849868288
aye lmao

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
« Reply #424 on: October 25, 2020, 01:15:39 AM »
Shit yeah, go Rays. Gotta root for them to take out the Dodgers since the Dodgers beat us*

*our own lack of offense beat us, but still
yar

Himu

« Reply #425 on: October 25, 2020, 01:38:10 AM »
This series is crazy
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #426 on: October 25, 2020, 02:19:11 AM »
Dodgers losing in heart-breaking fashion  :aah

« Reply #427 on: November 19, 2020, 10:54:21 AM »
All Robinson Cano had to do to collect $24 million was not do the illegal drug.

The Mets will be fine without him, especially if they don't rush out to overpay another aging middle infielder to take his place. The team has plenty of young players capable of playing second base.

Use Cano's salary to invest in a real third baseman and a center fielder. Oh, and a pitcher not picked from the morgue registry.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #428 on: November 19, 2020, 11:22:48 AM »
It’s like Christmas in November.  Cohen takes over and good things start happening :rejoice

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #429 on: December 28, 2020, 02:53:40 PM »
Bis, or anyone who might know, is it possible to bypass blackout restrictions on mlb.tv with a VPN?

Re: MLB Baseball Thread: 2020 sucked. 2021 might be better?
« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2021, 08:06:29 AM »
Don't want to sound down on the new New York Mets because it's still early, but if you believe the rumors the team is all in on every relief pitcher out there.

Sandy Alderson, if I recall, was big on stocking up on crappy relievers during his first run with the Mets.

The Mets need a third baseman who plays third base and they need a centerfielder who can play center field. They need another pitcher, too, one who isn't plucked from the ICU. After you fill the holes, then you can sign or trade for relief pitchers.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #431 on: January 07, 2021, 01:00:23 PM »
Seems like the Mets are getting Lindor and Carrasco for gimenez, rosario, and prospects Isaiah Greene and Josh wolf.  I’d have rather gotten Suarez and Castillo from the reds if a similar package minus one of our shortstops could have gotten it done.  Hope this means a lindor extension happens as well.

« Reply #432 on: January 07, 2021, 01:14:15 PM »
Seems like the Mets are getting Lindor and Carrasco for gimenez, rosario, and prospects Isaiah Greene and Josh wolf.  I’d have rather gotten Suarez and Castillo from the reds if a similar package minus one of our shortstops could have gotten it done.  Hope this means a lindor extension happens as well.

I wouldn't have traded Gimenez. I'm not a big fan of mortgaging the future.

Everyone is saying Cleveland got fleeced. I don't think that's true. Maybe it's just because this is the Mets, but I think the trade favors Cleveland.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #433 on: January 07, 2021, 01:23:03 PM »

I wouldn't have traded Gimenez. I'm not a big fan of mortgaging the future.

Everyone is saying Cleveland got fleeced. I don't think that's true. Maybe it's just because this is the Mets, but I think the trade favors Cleveland.

Gimenez looks like he could be a stud, his bat played a lot more than I expected for his age last year.  Trading him hurts but it’s hard to say anything about the prospects since they didn’t even play last year.  Rosario doesn’t look like he’ll ever put it all together so his inclusion in the trade is fine.

Cleveland also gained like 35-40m off the books this year and next which is why the return was fairly light.  If lindor is extended I’ll be satisfied with the trade, if not then the trade may slightly favor the Indians.

ToxicAdam

• captain of my capsized ship
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2021, 02:49:43 PM »
Indians have lost so many all-star quality players it doesn't even phase me anymore. You just expect it and hope the you get a diamond out of the basket of players you acquire. So far, they've been pretty lucky into flipping these players.

Carrasco in particular was acquired via the Cliff Lee trade all those years ago. While Carlos never was an ace, he was a very solid 3 for many years. It was a good trade.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #436 on: January 19, 2021, 01:48:46 AM »
LolMets is never going away is it?

Himu

« Reply #437 on: January 19, 2021, 01:57:46 PM »
How the fuck is this lolmets if they fired the guy with competence mere hours after the report?

He was hired last month and is easily replaceable.

Lolmets must have a pretty liberal definition, especially days after acquiring Lindor and the amount of flex the team currently has but ok.
IYKYK

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #438 on: January 19, 2021, 03:42:54 PM »
How the fuck is this lolmets if they fired the guy with competence mere hours after the report?

He was hired last month and is easily replaceable.

Lolmets must have a pretty liberal definition, especially days after acquiring Lindor and the amount of flex the team currently has but ok.

The lolmets part is losing a GM 37 days after hiring him.  I get this was mainly a cubs problem, it should have been dealt with back then clearly someone in the organization knew.  But this is the second year in a row that the Mets lost a prominent employee without them making it through a single game.  That seems pretty lolmets to me.

All that said, yes the Mets were quick in firing him as they should have been, there’s no place for that kind of behavior in baseball or elsewhere.

« Reply #439 on: February 17, 2021, 01:45:07 PM »
Only the Mess would be able to field three separate accusations of sexual harassment by current/former employees in the span of two(?) months.

« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2022, 09:45:32 AM »
Superbump.

Mets had a good season, but the disintegration was monumental. And I can't imagine having a worse trade deadline even if you set out to acquire bad players.

Overspending can only get you so much. If owner Steve Cohen is smart, he'll be patient and rebuild.