Author Topic: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 14829 times)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
Re: Call of Duty 16 Trailer (Modern Warfare Reboot(?))
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2019, 05:56:52 AM »
Where were the parts the journalists got so offended about? Campaign didn't push the edge hard enough for me.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Didn't even get to shoot the bad guy's kid.
[close]

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2019, 07:34:50 AM »
It was just some good old controversy(TM)
🤴

Nuitangg

« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2019, 12:54:35 PM »
Yeah, the maps are pretty poor and some of the maps are way too big.  Also, if I wanted to play a tdm clusterfuck I would just play Ground War and not this 10v10 shit.

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2019, 01:37:22 PM »
This is a slower Call of Duty with the best gunplay the franchise has ever had. The maps are less of an issue versus spawns. This CoD is probably the least built for team deathmatch. The maps and how everything is laid out just does not work with team deathmatch.

Everything else is excellent. Killstreaks feel pretty close to balanced, which has been an issue for a very long time. They don't feel useless yet they don't feel OPed as fuck. Being able to give yourself anti air launcher on respawn makes aerial dominantion way less viable.

Every step in Modern Warfare is in the right direction. In general, Team Deathmatch is a dying mode in shooters. Like, straight up team deathmatch has not been the bread and butter for any popular shooter this gen.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2019, 02:28:18 PM »
 :-\

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »
This is a slower Call of Duty with the best gunplay the franchise has ever had. The maps are less of an issue versus spawns. This CoD is probably the least built for team deathmatch. The maps and how everything is laid out just does not work with team deathmatch.

Everything else is excellent. Killstreaks feel pretty close to balanced, which has been an issue for a very long time. They don't feel useless yet they don't feel OPed as fuck. Being able to give yourself anti air launcher on respawn makes aerial dominantion way less viable.

Every step in Modern Warfare is in the right direction. In general, Team Deathmatch is a dying mode in shooters. Like, straight up team deathmatch has not been the bread and butter for any popular shooter this gen.

All I really care about and played is TDM- seems fine to me.  They brought back some classic maps too.
:idont
ど助平

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2019, 12:01:22 AM »
They really forgot a floor  :lol
You're supposed to skip floor 13, not 11!

Trump must have built this building. (Trump Tower has different floor heights this led Trump to number all the floors personally. They match none of the buildings nearby. Like you can be on floor 26 and look across at floor 18 of the building next door.)

any thoughts benji?
do not have, usually don't get until they're $40 or under depending on how well I like beta/free weekends/etc.; Blops 4 I was able to preorder for $42 and really liked the beta that's why I was in at launch

benjipwns

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2019, 12:08:07 AM »
so the story's just a boring prequel to CoD4? what a goofy decision :lol

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2019, 12:26:59 AM »
The map with the bridge sucks- that's where it feels like a camping/sniper paradise.  Whoever has control of the bridge just dominates-- it feels so one-sided at times.

Played a match on this map and stopped playing for a bit because the banter between a few guys was way more entertaining.  Expletive-explosion on the game "sucking shit, maps suck, this sucks, that sucks, everything sucks, shaddup taco, u taco ur camping, go do something etc. etc." and the retort back was "bruh you have like one kill and you're just sitting there."  :lol
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2019, 06:29:30 AM »
Maps least built for TDM is not what I wanna hear :(
What

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2019, 09:11:36 AM »
Most of this stuff was pretty obvious from the beta. When you have a crazy low ttk and a map full of buildings and elevation, the gameplay is gonna slow to a crawl. Nothing necessarily wrong with that in a tactical shooter but that's the issue. Is cod really a tactical shooter? Is a game that already rewards you with killstreaks for camping a good fit with a tactical shooter design?

I understand that COD needed a re-invention but cod had been one way for so long it had basically trained multiple generations of players to play it in a very care free, run and gun, gung ho style. You absolutely can not play this year's edition that way unless the lobby is full of newbs or idiots. The way to play this game is posted up on a power position.

I'll wait for the eventual price drop before I consider the purchase.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 09:21:08 AM by Stoney Mason »

Nuitangg

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2019, 12:04:39 PM »
Everything but the maps is excellent. Ghosts and maybe MW3 had worse but this one is close.  Need some remakes.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2019, 03:49:47 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2019, 09:46:05 PM »
I understand that COD needed a re-invention but cod had been one way for so long it had basically trained multiple generations of players to play it in a very care free, run and gun, gung ho style. You absolutely can not play this year's edition that way unless the lobby is full of newbs or idiots. The way to play this game is posted up on a power position.

This is not a bad thing.  You really do have to be more "tactical" or really, just not run around like an idiot.   :doge  The problem is that certain maps just make getting into specific areas and holding them a major, major advantage for one side.  I still don't think this game is as bad as Ghosts was, but they need to fix some things, because while certain maps are fun and make for some great matches, others are just straight bloodbaths and I've had matches that did harken back to Ghost's levels of shittiness, like getting killed as soon as you respawn over and over again by an unrelenting force of snipers.  Fortunately it seems to only last for so long before the game spawns you elsewhere.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2019, 09:54:40 PM »
I think the TTK is too low and punishes movement but I don't hate the game or anything. Apparently they also increased the sound of footsteps since the beta and everybody sounds like an elephant rumbling across the map. I just have a feeling there are a lot of casuals who play cod to just have fun. And this version of cod will be a turn off to them. But it is what it is.

Black Ops 4 went completely the opposite direction and I hated that so... Ultimately I just want something that feels like COD 4 or Blops 2 but with modern graphics and such.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2019, 10:56:12 PM »
I think the TTK is too low and punishes movement but I don't hate the game or anything. Apparently they also increased the sound of footsteps since the beta and everybody sounds like an elephant rumbling across the map. I just have a feeling there are a lot of casuals who play cod to just have fun. And this version of cod will be a turn off to them. But it is what it is.

Black Ops 4 went completely the opposite direction and I hated that so... Ultimately I just want something that feels like COD 4 or Blops 2 but with modern graphics and such.

I'm very much a casual player when it comes to CoD, heh.  It doesn't feel hard getting to used things here, but yeah, I can still see people hating it.  I think this is the best IW-developed CoD since MW2 (although I didn't play their last one- the beta was enough of a turn off, lol) though.

Am right there with you with wanting something along the lines of CoD4 (at least there's the remastered version) and BLOPS2.  Maybe Mobile will be more like that with controller support re-added whenever that finally happens.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2019, 11:49:03 PM »
Surprise, I folded. Quick impression? A lot of ppl are blaming the maps rn but pretty much every tweak they've made to the systems seems to scream at you to slow down to what feels like a crawl. You can still gain momentum and go on sprees but they essentially kneecap'd it. No more just looping in circles and knifing things in the back. Even the higher level dudes I've run into who seem to be doing that are just generally stalking on area or building. You gotta cut like 70% of your sprint out compared to pretty much any other CoD this decade.  Maps definitely part of it though, more angles mean slower and more cautious approaches.

There is one map so far though that is fucking spawn trap awful. Piccadilly Park? Some shit like that. It's the one in London on the streets with like a square and 3 avenues to go down? In DOM it's hell. One of those classic maps where if you can grab the middle flag early, and not fuck up that first push back? You've basically won and will be spawn killing the rest of the match.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #137 on: October 28, 2019, 08:01:07 AM »
One of the perks -forget which one- lets you move faster and not have loud footsteps.  Might help folks who want to run around more.
ど助平

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #138 on: October 28, 2019, 10:07:05 AM »
The only map I don't care for is Piccadilly.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #139 on: October 28, 2019, 02:05:42 PM »

benjipwns

« Reply #140 on: October 28, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
CoD4 (at least there's the remastered version)
last I knew, it's DEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

at least on PC, you can still get a game with the original (and even WaW) because of private servers, good luck with the... 55 players on Remastered (AW has 37! Ghosts has 225. 713 in MW3. 900 for Blops II. 1000 in MW2.)

this is actually more than I expected, last time I checked when it was on sale it had 20 players

edit: Ghosts has always stayed surprisingly active considering everything against it, I think there's a set of people who just like its "off-brand" Call of Duty style. There's parts about it I like, like the changing of the map structures during play on the few good ones, your ability to be an epic dick to everyone's streaks just by walking around with the one perk that blows out electronics. It can do longer range combat pretty interesting when it works and the map allows it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 03:49:33 PM by benjipwns »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2019, 05:11:13 PM »
This new one is very Ghosts-ish.

benjipwns

« Reply #142 on: October 28, 2019, 05:25:50 PM »
I liked the beta well enough in certain ways, just not enough to buy in above my price limit. Especially since the 64 player seemed like such a nutty clusterfuck. Also I kinda want to hear about what their plans are more, like we know BR is coming next year, and Blops V is in some crazy state. If they're looking at supporting this game in free content like they did Blops 4 it leans me more towards it.

I got WWII from Humble Monthly this month because the betas plus the free weekend were about all I needed of that, especially once I saw Blops 4. BOIII I only ever bought that $15 version, then got a free upgrade to the full game.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #143 on: October 28, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »
Bought it, played the campaign a bit.
I'm impressed so far. The guns feel great, the game runs smooth and looks amazing.
The London Mission was tense as hell  :o

Captain Price  8)
🤴

Stoney Mason

« Reply #144 on: October 28, 2019, 07:36:45 PM »

Not saying I agree with him especially since I don't own the game but I can definitely see why a portion of the community feels this way after X years of a similar style of game
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 07:53:08 PM by Stoney Mason »

mormapope

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2019, 12:02:58 AM »
Okay, so some musings and general feelings about done stuff:

The FAL is the worst performing assault rifle in CoD history. It feels great to shoot, but the amount of recoil is insane compared to any other gun. It might be a banger in hardcore, but it's fucking atrocious without high level attachments.

Overkill is fucking OP, very very very OP. Take a fully modded assault rifle + fully modded sniper rifle with you, maps become long range for any conflict.

You can keep aim in ADS while reloading Assault rifles, sniper rifles. Useful for putting down predictive or active fire.

It does feel like Ghosts. Which while very weird, I enjoyed a lot. Only Call of Duty I got the Nuke equivalent for (KEM strike).

OH!

Rahxephon91

« Reply #146 on: October 29, 2019, 12:26:38 AM »
So I played and finished it. As a primarily single player person, I like CoD games for the roller coasters they provide. Made with top prodcution values and amazing art teams, the series has been the best at creating the feeling of being in a battlefield. A highly scripted one, but still fun for what it is. Infinite Warfare to me being one of the best games this gen.

Anyway, I've always prefer Infinity Ward's games as I feel like they are the best at capturing that sense of war and usually are a bit more serious and less edgy then the BLOPS games.

So I was excited about Modern Warfare because I mean Infinite Was top class, but I've also really wanted a modern setting game.

I got to say Modern Warfare is a pretty weird game. It feels at odds with what I expect from CoD.

Now I'm no expert on military shit or history. I will not say the game is propaganda or whatever. I'm sure it is in that it is a western military game.  I will say that like a lot of video games when they try to get serious, I feel they kind of suffer. The game wants to be a so much, but in the end is pretty afraid to do that.

So Modern Warfare is pretty serious and really wants to depecit what modern conflict is. I'd say it really does with the London breaching mission and the one in the middle east later. While mechanically pretty whatever, like it's the definition of scripted. But it's presented and atmospheric that you can't help but feel the tension. You know this is how these things go down in real life and the game does try to not clean it up. Women and children are here and sometimes you are forced to shoot women. It's pretty "hardcore stuff". It's the moments that feel like yeah this is modern war.

But then you have the terrorist attack in London. Which does not feel real. The imagery does, but not the game itself. I'm no terrorists expert and while I can sure believe a terrorist shooter could do such a thing. I doubt 50 of them would appear and turn London into a big gunfight. But CoD is Cod and taking on 5 terrorists would be boring.

The game further goes off the rails when in Russia where one of the most intense chases that if it would happen in real life would be pretty much one of the biggest events in the decade, just kind of casually happens.

So it takes me out of this game that seemingly wants to be even more serious then previous games.

It takes me out even more when the game shys away from depicting the actual real evil in war. I don't know how games would depict rape, pedophillia, and so on. I don't want them too maybe, but while water torture was pretty effective I am a bit tired that the only thing games can do to really show how evil war is, is have the bad guy to violent things. It's a prison full of women, I'm sorry more is going to happen beyond just an evil general slapping and denying food to them.

So my come away from this game that in the end it is kind of engrossing, though not as engaging as Infinite. Mostly because Infinite I think had a stronger main character with a defined arc. There Reyes has an easily followable arc.  The noble choice of "everyone goes home" is unrealistic and a Captain in war must make flawed and human choices. There the cast was more engaging in thier optimism, and the little character interactions that progressed as the game went on. But it also had a pretty 1 dimensional bad guy. Which sucked, but also kind of meant with it's gritty sci-fi military setting that I wasn't going to be as hard on it if it got silly. Modern Warfare is not silly. And I don't know I feel like that may be at odds with the game.

Rahxephon91

« Reply #147 on: October 29, 2019, 12:30:12 AM »
Also I gotta say the gunplay feels great. I really like just shooting guns in this game.

Don't know if I will play the multi for long as yeah camping, small maps, TDM arent my thing and Ground War is just a mess.

Looks and sounds great as well.

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #148 on: October 29, 2019, 09:02:48 AM »
They finally got account linking right! :rejoice

Any progress made on the PS4 is there on PC and vice versa. No more grinding on separate platforms which is the main reason I abandoned BO4 on PC a month after launch. MW runs so much better on my PC compared to BO4.

©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2019, 09:06:03 AM »
They finally got account linking right! :rejoice

Any progress made on the PS4 is there on PC and vice versa. No more grinding on separate platforms which is the main reason I abandoned BO4 on PC a month after launch. MW runs so much better on my PC compared to BO4.

Nice, although with cross-play why even double-dip on this?
ど助平

Brehvolution

« Reply #150 on: October 29, 2019, 09:11:40 AM »
Because I have a son who is playing on one or the other at any given time and I shouldn't have to wait.  :D
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »
Suffering from a ton of CTDs (lol if I believed in external gods...) but I've sunk a decent amount of time in MP. I like it? You can't really trust my opinion on CoD because I play all of them and have things I like about all of them but this is good? Solid if everything. I want to say the camping thing is overblown, its common sure but the game is just much slower in general.

One aspect of this I don't see touched on, and part of why camping seems important now is headshots have never been as big a deal in Call of Duty before no. CoDs tend to train you to aim for center mass or upper chest if you're sniping so it goes against that but headshots are vital now. Its the only way to win fights now since that might mean one less bullet to kill if not kill out right. There are few weapons that ppl are sleeping on rn because they require this head/upper chest aiming consistently to really shine.

Anyway certainly the best the franchise has ever sounded. Ppl been talking about this a lot but seriously. Amazing sounding game under pretty much any circumstance. Loud as all hell though and if I'm playing on the more compressed presets I have to set master volume to like 50 and it's still insanely loud.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2019, 08:55:20 PM »
Can't stress how important sound is now. Like Siege/CS levels now. You actually have to think about timing now when you push or use dead silence.

mormapope

« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2019, 09:30:54 PM »
EDIT:

Can't stress how important sound is now. Like Siege/CS levels now. You actually have to think about timing now when you push or use dead silence.

Decided to use nicer headphones instead of built in monitor speakers and can confirm this.

Basically,sound is more important than UAV or red dots on the compass. The red dots on the compass are hard to look at and be mobile whatsoever. Combine that with UAV, you can't use both at once. You die in an ant fart, and you can also hear an ant fart in Modern Warfare.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 11:16:38 PM by mormapope »
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2019, 11:19:53 PM »

probably the best match spread wise I've had since I got the game which is uncommon but I think I'm adapting. With how fast you have to be it do feel like John Wick though.

Nuitangg

« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2019, 11:35:32 PM »
14-5 is my best game and I had to play like an absolute pos.  Not proud of it.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #156 on: November 01, 2019, 12:38:55 AM »
That game I just sound whored + dead silence with an smg tuned to maximize mobility and ads. Ran around until I heard footsteps, stopped. Then if Dead Silence was up I activate that and rush. If it's not up I go all Tactical and figure the fastest way to flank or cut off as quiet as possible. Silencers aren't as useful anymore since you still show up on compass but nobody is looking at the compass and they can't read the minimap anymore so lol

Stoney Mason

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2019, 02:58:40 AM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2019, 12:23:16 PM »
I thought everyone hated how the Black Ops games played but ppl fucking hate the way this one plays  :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #159 on: November 01, 2019, 01:11:29 PM »
I thought they would drip feed you the propaganda but like very first real mission has you face to face with monstrous russian psychopaths with boot on ppls necks. This after a prologue training mission intro where you fire bomb russian soldiers, oh im sorry mercs because at least some of them weren't in uniform and they were guarding chemicals so ;)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #160 on: November 01, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
The campaign is a great roller coaster. They really nailed the Michael Bay action ride.  :whew
Pretty much all recent military pop culture and events rolled into a single game.

*Russians mass murder innocent people*

"Do not disobey him"

"The commander has executed others for less"

"I doubt even Moscow knows"

R O G U E  F A C T I O N

🤴

mormapope

« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2019, 06:57:27 PM »
It's a slippery slope with nerfs. With everything killing you almost instantly, nerfing anything will make it next to useless. The only gun that's outright bad  this time around is the FAL. I haven't fucked around with SMGs unless they're in a round in gunfight.

Best way to counter shotgun users is running Overkill and carrying a shotgun yourself. I've used the double fire, 12 slug mag shotgun and its fantastic in close quarters.

On a different note, take the gunplay and sound design from this, put it in a Heat/Payday clone, I'll buy three copies.
OH!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2019, 07:49:40 PM »
Nearing the end of the campaign but this was definitely worth it.
Up there with the best FPS campaigns of the generation which I didn't expect from a COD game.
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2019, 01:52:44 PM »
Nearing the end of the campaign but this was definitely worth it.
Up there with the best FPS campaigns of the generation which I didn't expect from a COD game.

:neogaf

Rahxephon91

« Reply #165 on: November 02, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
You laugh, but honestly there is a CoD that I would put up there with TF2 and Doom as one of the best FPS campaigns of this gen.

That game was Infinite Warfare.

I don’t think Modern Warfare really touches that, though it probably wasn’t the goal anyway.

kingv

« Reply #166 on: November 02, 2019, 03:29:33 PM »
I think the campaign is pretty good too. COD campaigns are at their best when they are super duper scripted, you are fighting as part of a unit, and when they keep the gimmicks coming quickly.

So far this one does that. But the propaganda really is bad.

I wouldn’t say it’s as good as Doom2016 though. The gameplay is nothing special, apart from just having a lot of variety and high production values.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #167 on: November 03, 2019, 05:23:11 AM »
I consider the open world games and RPG shooters (Deus Ex/Prey) their own thing.
So I'm pitting it against the Halo 5 campaign, other CODs, the two Wolfenstein sequels and Battlefield games.

Sure it's not Titanfall 2 or DOOM but much better than most other recent CODs.
I really love FPS campaigns so if you have recommendations feel free to mention them.

🤴

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2019, 06:04:20 AM »
No COD campaign ever excited me like the first COD's did (maybe 2 came close), tbh.
I'm sure if i were to replay it now it'd be shit, but there is a fine line between scripted and completely guided, at which point it becomes boring to go through.
WWII for example felt horrible, because the pace felt like you were on PCP the whole time.

I liked Infinite Warfare's but not enough to finish it, and Titanfall 2's was amazing.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
Finished it.
That was great. I'm up for some more shoot bang  8)

Multiplayer is sort of a mixed bag. I'm more a Battlefield kinda guy but it is fun to play random modes for a few rounds.
🤴

kingv

« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2019, 04:04:15 PM »
I finished it last night too. Fun campaign.

It’s the first one I’ve finished since MW2, but tbh I have only played a few at all since then.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2019, 05:42:20 PM »
I finished it last night too. Fun campaign.

It’s the first one I’ve finished since MW2, but tbh I have only played a few at all since then.
I hear the one in space is also pretty good but I never got around to playing it.
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2019, 05:42:23 PM »
Probably the hardest to fuck up guns. They're just so solid base (m4 & mp5) or broken in the case the 725 lol. The Gunsmith system is fairly deep though and at least a couple guns don't shine until you're deep into their levels and can really tune the gun up. M4 and MP5 are powerful bare or with pretty much anything on it.

Digging the M13 and the mp5 myself. I was using the AUG a lot but wanted to switch it up a bit so I swapped it out for the mp5.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2019, 06:08:43 PM »
I tried to be original and used the P50.

more like the peashooter 50 smh
🤴

Rahxephon91

« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2019, 06:22:10 PM »
They need to fix the constant crashing on the One X. It’s pretty bad for me.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2019, 09:47:33 PM »
crashing was bad on pc but they patched it

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2019, 11:01:16 PM »
Holy fuck why is this my GoTY so far?

Haven’t played a COD campaign in years and the different ways you can handle your objectives is interesting.

The details and variety in the environments is insane. The house mission is so neat.

The graphics are literally the best I’ve seen this gen. Better than God of War even.

New Battlefield like MP mode is awesome

Did not expect this from a CoD

Just :o

Brehvolution

« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
It's good the PC patch only makes it crash half the time on the opening logo.  ::)

"Do you want to start the game in safe mode?" Which gets past the logo and starts in a resolution not supported by my monitor. Have to hit ctrl-E to put it to windowed mode and change the resolution back to 1080.  ::)

Come back to play an hour later and do it all again.  ::)
©ZH

Tasty

« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2019, 09:50:14 AM »
PC players can't even go offline to play campaign.

:dead Edit- Old post but still lol.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2019, 11:32:37 AM »
It's good the PC patch only makes it crash half the time on the opening logo.  ::)

"Do you want to start the game in safe mode?" Which gets past the logo and starts in a resolution not supported by my monitor. Have to hit ctrl-E to put it to windowed mode and change the resolution back to 1080.  ::)

Come back to play an hour later and do it all again.  ::)

You can turn off that intro start up. It's an actual in-game option to disable start up movies. Patch fixed all the crashing for me.