Author Topic: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 14826 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Call of Duty 16 Trailer (Modern Warfare Reboot(?))
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2020, 01:07:24 AM »
you unfair with that gun, thank you for killing that Canadian flag banner dude over and over tho

lol at the dude jumping towards you when you bounced the nade off the wall

i'm afraid that playing warzone is gonna make me buy the full game next sale, thankfully the download size and it coming out the same time as the Siege update has had me put both off constantly :smug

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2020, 05:27:50 PM »
The weird thing is, the decisions they made in Warzone make more sense than the decisions they made in the regular mp. Like appearing on the radar when you fire a gun.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2020, 05:49:56 PM »
Hell yeah I shot a guy down while dropping from the airplane in Warzone

Hahahahahahaha guy got sent to the gulag before he even landed on the ground

:gladbron
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 08:30:19 PM by toku »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2020, 07:45:46 AM »
Compared to Pubg how is it

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2020, 07:21:23 PM »
What

Stoney Mason

« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2020, 02:47:55 AM »

First Win.

Actually won the game right after this one too but the capture didn't work for some reason.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2020, 02:15:26 AM »
Having played a decent amount of Warzone now, I can say I think its a better designed product than the base multiplayer.

More of the perks and guns make more sense in the context of warzone. The blueprints and earning them makes more sense there. The fact that some weapons are op and they refuse to balance them for regular mp is relatively okay in the warzone mode by comparison sense there are more and varied distances of engagement. At this point, the only thing that would drive me to play the base mp is simply to level up guns there so I have more options for them in Warzone.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2020, 10:31:25 AM »
I guess maybe I'll give it a try  ::)

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #249 on: March 22, 2020, 02:10:21 PM »
Yeah do.it boii

show us your wins
What

mormapope

• WHADDYA HEAR, WHADDYA SAY
« Reply #250 on: March 23, 2020, 06:07:08 PM »
Status report: fuck this CoD into the worst hell imaginable. Most buggy and inconsistent AAA shooter this gen, makes Battlefield anything look like a saint regarding polish and consistentcy. Why am I spawning with perks that I don't have equipped? How is the airspace full when there's no killstreaks in the sky? Why do I spawn five feet away from an entire enemy team?

The absolute biggest issue is the tiny TTK with no tactical or puzzle like approaches to combat. Take a look at R6 Siege, you die incredibly easy, but, and this is a big but, you have numerous tactical options.

Shoot thru walls, destroy the environment, use mind games with killholes and the environment, use your operator abilities, use gadgets and gear.

Modern Warfare has Siege's TTK with almost NO tactical options. I can't tell what the fuck you can wall bang in Modern Warfare. Sometimes a giant wooden shipping box is like butter, while a fucking cardboard box is a Kevlar safe. Walls pretty much eat bullets if you're not using FMJ. Concrete walls are more easily penetrated than a fucking car door.

There is no consistentcy, just absolute fuckery.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #251 on: March 23, 2020, 08:52:34 PM »
I still like standard mp. Warzone not for me.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #252 on: March 23, 2020, 09:50:35 PM »
Status report: fuck this CoD into the worst hell imaginable. Most buggy and inconsistent AAA shooter this gen, makes Battlefield anything look like a saint regarding polish and consistentcy. Why am I spawning with perks that I don't have equipped? How is the airspace full when there's no killstreaks in the sky? Why do I spawn five feet away from an entire enemy team?

The absolute biggest issue is the tiny TTK with no tactical or puzzle like approaches to combat. Take a look at R6 Siege, you die incredibly easy, but, and this is a big but, you have numerous tactical options.

Shoot thru walls, destroy the environment, use mind games with killholes and the environment, use your operator abilities, use gadgets and gear.

Modern Warfare has Siege's TTK with almost NO tactical options. I can't tell what the fuck you can wall bang in Modern Warfare. Sometimes a giant wooden shipping box is like butter, while a fucking cardboard box is a Kevlar safe. Walls pretty much eat bullets if you're not using FMJ. Concrete walls are more easily penetrated than a fucking car door.

There is no consistentcy, just absolute fuckery.

I said it during the beta. The base mp could have been really great if you made like a half dozen changes  that have made cod successful in the past. But this game wants to go its own way. And I can respect that in theory. But in practice it makes me not want to play it. It wants to be so tactical but that simply isn't cod. Embrace what you are. Not what you want to be respected as in some abstract way. COD is pretty much a solved equation. We know what works and doesn't work at this point. So sticking in shit that hasn't ever worked is a bad idea.

Warzone has no problem with stealing every good idea from every other br game around. I wish the base MP had just stole from what worked in prior great cods and keep the good stuff from this game like the sound and graphics, movement, gun customization, etc.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

benjipwns

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #255 on: March 30, 2020, 10:33:44 PM »
oh fuck im gonna need a new hdd

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #256 on: March 31, 2020, 08:11:08 AM »
oh fuck im gonna need a new hdd

It's going to get to the point where they'll just start selling 1TB drives as the physical version of CoD.
:heh
ど助平

Cheddahz

« Reply #257 on: March 31, 2020, 08:28:33 AM »
Warzone isn't my thing; the multiplayer is great though (first CoD since Modern Warfare 2)

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #258 on: March 31, 2020, 04:26:56 PM »
Got my first squad win on my birthday last week so that was nice. Really enjoying it quite a bit. It looks so much better on PC. :drool
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #259 on: April 01, 2020, 12:27:29 AM »
This is a good game. I love good games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #260 on: April 01, 2020, 04:13:51 AM »
I’m enjoying Warzone. I like the second chance aspect.

APPROVED BY JOE BIDEN
What

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #261 on: April 01, 2020, 10:53:01 AM »
https://streamable.com/v9icv
https://streamable.com/860ld

double xp and bp xp this weekend starting april 3rd

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #262 on: April 02, 2020, 01:43:27 PM »
https://twitter.com/CallofDuty/status/1245757895280488452

I will drown in the blood of many enemies this weekend praise allah

:rejoice

benjipwns

« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2020, 10:02:13 PM »
if you see a benjipwns don't shoot, we are friends

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #264 on: April 03, 2020, 08:56:54 AM »
Same goes for me but we are on different regions ofcourse..

I like the idea of a free MP weekend, but sadly only 2 maps :(
What

benjipwns

« Reply #265 on: April 05, 2020, 10:38:43 PM »
played a few matches, i kinda like the grocery store map just as a thing, i liked similar ones and mcdonalds and stuff back in the CS/DoD days

i was going to quit a match earlier because it kept coming up kill confirmed but in the lobby these guys started an argument about who was better that went through the entire subsequent match

it totally paid off because as the match was ending the "better" guy goes "dude, look at the scoreboard, you got seven kills and zero points, you're level 74, above you benjipwns got seven kills and ten points, he's level three" :klob

might play another cycle before it ends, i've been like one of the few PC guys in the group both nights, put with tons of Xbox guys

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #266 on: April 06, 2020, 02:59:42 PM »
It is a little weird. When I play on PC, I rarely am with other PC players. But on PS4, the lobbies almost always have a couple of PC players.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #267 on: April 06, 2020, 08:08:30 PM »

those slides bro

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #268 on: April 08, 2020, 11:21:51 AM »

What

benjipwns

« Reply #269 on: April 08, 2020, 11:54:52 PM »
honestly i'm surprised the bounty's not higher

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2020, 10:18:44 PM »
https://imgur.com/wC25JIU

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2020, 10:26:51 PM »
enjoying hc as a nice break, first time ive really enjoyed a hc in a cod game since 4? brazy

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #273 on: April 14, 2020, 07:22:47 AM »
WarZone and Plunder is actually fucking fun, what magic is this :o

Brehvolution

Re: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »
Warzone is awesome if you have some teammates that communicate. Not so much when everyone does their own thing. Solos are a mixed bag of roof camping and frantically running from spot to spot.
©ZH

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2020, 03:46:03 PM »
Got 15 fucking kills and 400k banked in plunder, playing with two French dudes and a mute, French dudes are okay, pull their weight and we can sorta understand each other. mute fuck runs around with 300k unbanked and eventually we have to bail on him cause he's doing dumb shit. Mute gets ganked ONCE and keeps running back to the place he dies. We go support him and French dudes get ganked MANY times along with mute. We end up second, fuck you mute, just let shit go dumbass.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »
Goddamn mutes always ruining games
What

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2020, 10:08:19 PM »
I hope the new treyarch BO doesn't cut corners too much, y'all (well toku) make this shit look fun and been fiending to play one (haven't since BO3)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2020, 12:37:29 AM »
I wouldn’t expect a new Treyarch game this year tbh. I’ve said it elsewhere but given what we’ve heard from leakers and this pandemic shit, I expect Activision to just push this this year. Warzone hit 50 mill players/accounts and the load out system seems to be working getting some to buy the full game. Leakers we’re saying internally Activision is regarding this as as a “best of” MW game with something like 60+ remakes/maps planned. That fits with how they’ve marketed and sold the game so far with MW2 remaster coming with classic ghost skin.

There was a leaked operator list before the game even came out too with like 15? Ppl on it including Marshawn Lynch and Die Antword. As of right now we’re like 5 deep into that leaked list. They seem to be releasing 3 a season now. One you get in the battlepass then 2 sold in the store later in the season.

On top of all that the game that was supposed to come this year is the Sledgehammer/Raven CoD that Activision took from sledge halfway through and gave it to Treyarch on top of their own next 3 yr cycle game. No idea what shape that’s in but I doubt they try to push that out this yr without events happening.

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2020, 01:44:42 AM »
Yeah the Kotaku stuff I read said the collab game was cold war era so treyarch being given the reins for their BO reboot worked ok but still not ideal with the lessened dev time.

A pandemic is good enough of a reason, still would be weird not having a new yearly entry. Always used to them being discarded within 10 months, long term content supports the GAAS model they've always been reluctant to embrace.

Fuck them for never discounting these games more than 20% lol

benjipwns

« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2020, 02:31:11 AM »
I originally thought they had to figure out a way to not kill Blackout right away and they turned out to wait an extra six months to do Warzone AND made it F2P. So they clearly won't be killing Warzone in six months.

They accidentally backed their way into a solution to get out of the yearly game cycle thanks to everything. If you look at it and consider that they have two main studios and three and a half support studios, a MP -> BR -> MP -> BR cycle actually makes more sense than MP every year. The campaigns can come out whenever I assume even if there are lots of people who want one every year there's also lots of other games that it competes with that way where it doesn't in MP. This actually extends your MP AND BR cycles to the targeted three years plan. They can still hit a campaign every year if they also do something like remaster Black Ops and/or have one of those support studios take the assets and construct a new campaign out of them. I have to image Activision in general can find a way to pump out campaigns seemingly indefinitely and their real deadline concern has always been that plus all the MP aspects. Black Ops IIII was just kinda honest about this, and MW expanding to a "two year" game with remasters of past campaigns helps back this up.

The leaks said MW3 Remastered is also all but finished. So they're sitting on that along with all these MW multiplayer maps, probably do a MWR Trilogy package too, then push Black Ops V to line up with next gen more. Let Warzone fade away as people transition to XBX/PS5. Maybe even make BOV's BR next gen exclusive. Just have campaign/MP on current gen, Warzone if you want BR, maybe add a few elements from it to Warzone, etc. (PC not included obviously.) That makes the most sense to me, even without COVID. Then IW is cycling to a new game, has moved off of MW MP and Warzone as the BOV iterations ramps up in users. At some point in the future Raven, Sledgehammer, Beenox, etc. somebody from that group gets to design and lead a campaign which ties in with some battle pass maps or junk I dunno. If they land on a great MP or overall idea, that's even better, you can just silently shift the schedule to include a new third primary studio temporarily.

Somewhat amusingly Sledgehammer turned out to not be the re-inventors of CoD they were imagined to be back when they first came in, it was the original two teams. While Sledgehammer used their most of unique new vision to do a WWII game. (Which is probably still the world's best incendiary-railgun shotgunplay though.)

mormapope

« Reply #281 on: April 16, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
So I've decided to stick with CoD, adapt, and learn how to be more consistent when it comes to patience and strategy. I've also decided that I'm going to max out all weapons when it comes to attachments and then eventually camos.

Starting with assault rifles, I'm up to Oden. Here are my thoughts on each assault rifle thus far.

Kilo 151: Consistent and reliable at any range, with the drum magazines, it mimics a more mobile light machine gun with a good fire rate. Good gun, if not a bit boring.

FAL: Worst gun at launch, now it's pretty great and to my surprise, works well as a close range weapon without a stock and attachments that make ADS faster. A longer barrel, foregrip, silencer, thermal scope, and FMJ, along with a smoke grenade, you become a very formidable pressure giver.

M4: Tryhard gun, an even more consistent AR than the Kilo 151. Pretty much will do its own thing regardless of what attachments you use.

FAMAS: Unreliable at long range, inconsistent in short range fighting, is completely outclassed by the FAL and Oden. Had a terrible time reaching max weapon level with this. Worst AR by far, no useful application.

ODEN: My favorite AR thus far. With the colossal silencer, long barrel, foregrip, 5W laser, and FMJ, you have a long range, single shot monster that two shots consistently with very lil recoil. At close range, you have an automatic monster thats incredibly reliable.

When I get frustrated, I'll switch to a MP5 class. It's very apparent submachine guns reign supreme. They melt anything from short range up to shallow mid range.
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #282 on: April 16, 2020, 10:36:52 AM »
I originally thought they had to figure out a way to not kill Blackout right away and they turned out to wait an extra six months to do Warzone AND made it F2P. So they clearly won't be killing Warzone in six months.

They accidentally backed their way into a solution to get out of the yearly game cycle thanks to everything. If you look at it and consider that they have two main studios and three and a half support studios, a MP -> BR -> MP -> BR cycle actually makes more sense than MP every year. The campaigns can come out whenever I assume even if there are lots of people who want one every year there's also lots of other games that it competes with that way where it doesn't in MP. This actually extends your MP AND BR cycles to the targeted three years plan. They can still hit a campaign every year if they also do something like remaster Black Ops and/or have one of those support studios take the assets and construct a new campaign out of them. I have to image Activision in general can find a way to pump out campaigns seemingly indefinitely and their real deadline concern has always been that plus all the MP aspects. Black Ops IIII was just kinda honest about this, and MW expanding to a "two year" game with remasters of past campaigns helps back this up.

The leaks said MW3 Remastered is also all but finished. So they're sitting on that along with all these MW multiplayer maps, probably do a MWR Trilogy package too, then push Black Ops V to line up with next gen more. Let Warzone fade away as people transition to XBX/PS5. Maybe even make BOV's BR next gen exclusive. Just have campaign/MP on current gen, Warzone if you want BR, maybe add a few elements from it to Warzone, etc. (PC not included obviously.) That makes the most sense to me, even without COVID. Then IW is cycling to a new game, has moved off of MW MP and Warzone as the BOV iterations ramps up in users. At some point in the future Raven, Sledgehammer, Beenox, etc. somebody from that group gets to design and lead a campaign which ties in with some battle pass maps or junk I dunno. If they land on a great MP or overall idea, that's even better, you can just silently shift the schedule to include a new third primary studio temporarily.

Somewhat amusingly Sledgehammer turned out to not be the re-inventors of CoD they were imagined to be back when they first came in, it was the original two teams. While Sledgehammer used their most of unique new vision to do a WWII game. (Which is probably still the world's best incendiary-railgun shotgunplay though.)

Ppl were a bit hard on SH. Advanced Wafare has one of the best CoD campaigns and I had just as much fun with mp as BLOPS 1 and 2. It's going to be really interesting to see what Treyarch does next though. I love their takes but the goofy colorful cartoony shit does not seem popular with most of the base rn.

So I've decided to stick with CoD, adapt, and learn how to be more consistent when it comes to patience and strategy. I've also decided that I'm going to max out all weapons when it comes to attachments and then eventually camos.

Starting with assault rifles, I'm up to Oden. Here are my thoughts on each assault rifle thus far.

Kilo 151: Consistent and reliable at any range, with the drum magazines, it mimics a more mobile light machine gun with a good fire rate. Good gun, if not a bit boring.

FAL: Worst gun at launch, now it's pretty great and to my surprise, works well as a close range weapon without a stock and attachments that make ADS faster. A longer barrel, foregrip, silencer, thermal scope, and FMJ, along with a smoke grenade, you become a very formidable pressure giver.

M4: Tryhard gun, an even more consistent AR than the Kilo 151. Pretty much will do its own thing regardless of what attachments you use.

FAMAS: Unreliable at long range, inconsistent in short range fighting, is completely outclassed by the FAL and Oden. Had a terrible time reaching max weapon level with this. Worst AR by far, no useful application.

ODEN: My favorite AR thus far. With the colossal silencer, long barrel, foregrip, 5W laser, and FMJ, you have a long range, single shot monster that two shots consistently with very lil recoil. At close range, you have an automatic monster thats incredibly reliable.

When I get frustrated, I'll switch to a MP5 class. It's very apparent submachine guns reign supreme. They melt anything from short range up to shallow mid range.

I don't think smgs necessarily reign supreme, especially compared to like, the BLOPS games where Treyarch seemed to only balance the game around snipers and smg/knife classes. But yeah, rn if you join a sweat lobby or something you basically have to switch to mp7/mp5/m4 to really compete. Ppl really really love the mp5 and it's good but mp7 is the god tier weapon in this game for me.

There's a challenge this season to do 300 kills with a weapon with 0 attachments. You can do that in 4 or 5 Shipment lobbies, easy. While going positive.

mormapope

« Reply #283 on: April 16, 2020, 10:54:56 AM »
You're right about SMG's, especially not being on the same level as BO's. The AK74u with rapid fire in BO1 is still my favorite weapon in the entire franchise, next to the MP5 and M16 from CoD4.

With attachments that encourage hip firing, there is almost no leeway in short range combat against SMGs. I think even with no attachments, the hip fire grouping for SMGs is better than a fully kitted out AR. Which is how it should be. In the scheme of things, regarding short range:

Shotguns > SMGS >>> AR's

I'd say things are balanced with weapons, it's more so a lot of the new maps in MW have tons of cramped and more realistic interior layouts.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 10:59:52 AM by mormapope »
OH!

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #285 on: April 16, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »
I started leveling up the uzi and I've warmed up to it a bit. The "trick" to it is it's just a hipfire monster. I kinda build a class out around it thats very similar to how I run mp7. Just super go fast murder with a giant magazine.

Momo

• Nebuchadnezzar
« Reply #286 on: April 17, 2020, 01:34:16 PM »
Plunder quads is gone and so am I. Duos suck and I have little interest in BR long term

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #287 on: April 17, 2020, 07:53:48 PM »
double xp weekend lads you know the vibe

Borealis

« Reply #288 on: April 17, 2020, 09:24:21 PM »
It's fun enough when it's working, whoever designed E side of Aniyah Palace GW can really go fuck themselves however.

The crashes are killing me and are just bizarre, Warzone is fine, coop crashes in the menu, and only 3 GW maps load without timed out errors. I've tried everything.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #289 on: April 21, 2020, 09:24:34 AM »
Decided to pick up the PS4 version on sale and uninstalled the PC version from my desktop to free up some space, play the game in HDR on my new TV, and hopefully deal with less cheaters since apparently this is a big issue on PC now.  I also uninstalled Overwatch- doing this freed up almost 400 GB- easily 300+ GB of that was for CoD.  Fucking insane.

The PS4 version lets you install modes instead of the full game-  I skipped campaign and thought I skipped Warzone, but it downloaded anyway and somehow the game size is still like 138 GB.  Did I fuck this up?  :lol

Props to them for not only having cross-play, but a cross-progression system, too- my profile and loadouts all popped right up.  Nice since I left the game installed on my laptop.
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #290 on: April 21, 2020, 11:07:24 AM »
It's fun enough when it's working, whoever designed E side of Aniyah Palace GW can really go fuck themselves however.

The crashes are killing me and are just bizarre, Warzone is fine, coop crashes in the menu, and only 3 GW maps load without timed out errors. I've tried everything.

are you on pc? limit your fps. Idk why but this helps.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #291 on: April 21, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #292 on: April 22, 2020, 03:52:02 PM »
I have this bad habit of 'aiming too hard' where I move the right stick while aiming and accidentally meleeing instead. This causes lots of lost gun fights. It doesn't happen most of the time, but enough to be frustrating. Since the PS4 back button attachment is going for about the price of a Scuf online, I ordered a Scuf for the PS4/PC.

Too bad it won't be here for a month.
©ZH

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2020, 12:39:09 PM »
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »

This one is perfect, not just the voice but the entire attitude and character  :lol
🤴

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #296 on: April 29, 2020, 01:14:25 PM »
Is Aniyah Palace the worst CoD map of all time? Even the smaller map where they tried to fix it still fucking sucks. Hopefully they remake Overgrown at some point, I need a good larger map to play.
vin

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #297 on: April 29, 2020, 01:27:31 PM »
I always do so well on the smaller version of it they added lol. If you want to kill, just run circles around the outer ring of the map. Like just keep running from A to C if it's domination. If you don't want to work for your kills just camp inside, preferably a stairwell.

Steve Contra

• Bought a lemon tree straight cash
« Reply #298 on: April 29, 2020, 01:32:19 PM »
It’s not really about doing well, it’s just a shitty map. There’s no design to it, they just threw the palace down and added a bunch of garbage on the sides until sightlines were reduced. The center of Piccadilly is the same thing, although I really enjoy hardpoint on that map.
vin

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #299 on: April 29, 2020, 01:35:20 PM »
The only map that I'm tempted to quit to desktop/lobby everytime I see it now is probably Khandar Lot or w/e. Backlot was hitting this level but I just camp now if it pops up fuck it. Khandar Lot just sucks no matter how you try to work it. A million elevated points, a million doorways, a lot of long angles