Author Topic: Call Of Duty Modern Warfare (2019)  (Read 14808 times)

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
Re: Call of Duty 16 Trailer (Modern Warfare Reboot(?))
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »
https://streamable.com/h3gwa
https://streamable.com/jsf9g
https://streamable.com/x6xm4

game is still fast but there's way less rotating and cutting paths than there has been in the franchise in almost a decade

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2019, 07:58:21 PM »
What

Stoney Mason

• So Long and thanks for all the fish
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2019, 11:49:31 PM »
I'm not really a cod player anymore at this point so take anything I say with a a grain of salt but one thing I noticed that is a turn-off is moving back to a pure kill streak system. Which means playing  the objective in any way no longer nets you anything. So people are even less likely than ever to hop on an objective. Doesn't really effect TDM which is pretty much what the bulk of the community plays but it definitely makes playing any objective mode more painful than it has been in years. 

Nuitangg

« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2019, 01:22:36 AM »
Ground War  :heh  The cave map is absolute trash.  Same old, same old.  Day 1

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2019, 06:10:04 AM »
Beta is downloading.

Ground War is trending on Twitter it seems like people are having a blast and looks much like BF3 in terms of sandbox fuckery  :drool
🤴

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »
Anyone wanna party up?
What

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2019, 05:18:25 PM »
This game is nuts. It moves so fast and the TTK is basically 0,000001 seconds
Looks ok-ish, graphics aren't that great, they focused more on performance.

The sound is weirdly mixed, just lots of LOUD explosions.
Some guns are awesome, others completely useless.

Once everyone gets their kill streaks it becomes a giant clusterfuck of choppers and cruise missiles.
It somehow works but to stand out I guess you need some performance enhancing drugs in your system.
Some dudes don't seem to need any time to see, aim and shoot.
🤴

Stoney Mason

« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2019, 05:33:25 PM »
Tried the beta. Grain of salt impressions and all that.

I think the ground war mode is a mess.Constant killstreak spam. The maps aren't really designed in an interesting way to create flow with that many players. I know I'm gonna sound like a bf fanboy which I am, but I can't really take it seriously as something I would take over battlefield for that mode.

The 6 versus 6 mode is interesting in that it basically doesn't really feel like a cod game to me. It feels like that medal of honor game from a few years ago with an even faster ttk. I think the TTk is too fast but I could see getting used to it after awhile. The game is super campy. I don't necessarily mean that as the dis it sounds like. There is something kinda unique about playing a twitchy game like cod disguised as some kind of tactical shooter. The campiness can be adapted to but at times it definitely feels super frustrating whenever you try to move around like a traditional cod game. The best compliment I can give I guess is that I would consider buying this one down the road once the price drops. I would play this over Black ops 4 which was one of my least liked cods of all time.

It's "okay". Noting to really go nuts over imo. Nothing to overly hate on. It came off as middle of the road for me.

edit: Man this kinda wears on you. Never played a COD game where EVERYBODY AND I MEAN EVERYBODY is headglitched up on powerpoints. That's enough for this beta. Like I said, maybe worth it for me when 20 or 30 bucks. But not for full price.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2019, 08:06:37 PM by Stoney Mason »

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2019, 10:41:53 PM »
cod mini map was not made for ground war's numbers  :lol
maybe they had to make everything super loud to drown out the constant killstreak announcements  :doge

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2019, 10:46:04 PM »
Liking it, people don't know what to do with the aim timings. Dudes hip firing from too far just get my attention instead, so people are waiting too long to pull up sights on you. Makes me feel like a CoD god.

Guess the graphics are also in beta, looks like a F2P knock off despite maxed out. Forgot to change the AA/resolution adjustment thing and the jaggies cut my eyeballs out. :doge

Chat is so much bitching, never seen a CoD beta with this amount lol

I made a maze out of the deployable shields in a domination game so people couldn't get to the point, the bitching for that was probably valid lmao

Throwing nades over things because they didn't wall every inch of the maps up to the skybox is great.

I'm not really a cod player anymore at this point so take anything I say with a a grain of salt but one thing I noticed that is a turn-off is moving back to a pure kill streak system. Which means playing  the objective in any way no longer nets you anything. So people are even less likely than ever to hop on an objective. Doesn't really effect TDM which is pretty much what the bulk of the community plays but it definitely makes playing any objective mode more painful than it has been in years. 
One of the perks changes it to scorestreak.

benjipwns

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2019, 10:48:30 PM »
Killstreaks are pretty easy to shoot down actually, was surprised I could get the UAVs without a launcher.

The volume levels for everything seem way off. Must be some music industry professional audio mastering at work.

Some of the maps have whole sections where nothing happens in some of the modes since they're built for seemingly everything, found a way to cut across one of them using areas where domination just ignores it so nobody was ever there but I could go between A and C endlessly.

Stoney Mason

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2019, 11:09:53 PM »
One of the perks changes it to scorestreak.

Good to know

benjipwns

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2019, 11:16:38 PM »
Like you, I prefer the scorestreak, even the "bank" kind of kill "streak" they've had where it limits what you can get and how often so I'm quite glad they didn't completely eliminate it ala Treyarch.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2019, 01:25:10 AM »
All my buddies who didn't really play OG MW/were mainly BLOPS guys are pretty lost/lukewarm on it. While I haven't played the OG in a long time this plays what I remember that playing like just maybe a little faster. No more running infinity signs through lanes, you kinda gotta pick a section of the map and just hold that down.

Like on that russian map with the domination B being between two buildings in the middle? I got my first merciless running through those two connected buildings with an smg, a shotgun and a claymore. Called a VTOL right over that motherfucker. There were tears.

Ghost is god tier again, so are suppressors. I pretty much only sprint in between cover now instead of the constant running of BLOPS. Mounting to shit is also kinda underrated right now, with how the game wants you to stop so much having a tool that basically eliminates all recoil and makes you a smaller target is real good. Getting stupid long shots with smgs this way. It's great.

The biggest knock so far is going back to killstreak after scorestreak was a bad call. It fucks up the objective modes.

Also sound whoring is classic CoD thing at this point but it's so bad in this. I'm constantly just zoning in on footsteps. I don't think I've ever relied on sound so much in a CoD game before. If I do get this, i don't think I'm gonna be able to zone out to loud trap music while running in circles  :'(

benjipwns

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2019, 01:27:17 AM »
some of the shit they let you mount is lol, sometimes i don't know if it's intentional or just buggy

also like nobody else is doing it to get up high

you dudes watching the fence openings can't do nothin when i climb up over the shed and rain death from above (1979)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2019, 01:36:46 AM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2019, 04:32:13 AM »
Ground War is just lol, I gave up trying to make sense of where people were coming from and just started throwing the poison gas nades into buildings where people were camping to be annoying... it really is like old BF before they figured out how to ensure the maps had a constant directional flow, and with CoD gameplay

I even tried a classic C4 on the dune buggy kamikaze attack :salute

I like the 10v10 regular modes though as a change of pace

Also I forgot to mention the thing I'd been crying about for ages, the matchmaking for multiple modes ala Titanfall 2 :heart

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2019, 05:12:12 AM »
It says something about EA that a half baked COD ground war beta in ways feels more fun than BF5 did.

Not sure if it has enough depth, strategy, balance, content(TM) etc. in the end. But it is fun to play.  :doge
🤴

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2019, 12:38:11 PM »

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2019, 02:45:50 PM »
Tried TDM (all I really care about when playing these games) for a bit. 

Yup,...it's CoD.  At least seems like IW got their shit together finally and feels solid enough, but I don't know if I'm going to buy this.  Just didn't spend enough time on WW2 and BO4.

I see that there's PC/PS4 cross-play- does that mean the PC version now has aim assist when using a controller?
ど助平

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2019, 03:11:59 PM »
I see that there's PC/PS4 cross-play- does that mean the PC version now has aim assist when using a controller?

AFAIK, it already did since BO3? I destroyed plenty of fools with a controller on the PC version there.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2019, 04:26:49 PM »

AFAIK, it already did since BO3? I destroyed plenty of fools with a controller on the PC version there.

No aim-assist (at least not in BLOPS4), just controller support.
ど助平

Stoney Mason

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2019, 12:28:00 AM »
Ground War is just lol, I gave up trying to make sense of where people were coming from and just started throwing the poison gas nades into buildings where people were camping to be annoying... it really is like old BF before they figured out how to ensure the maps had a constant directional flow, and with CoD gameplay

I actually had fun with the mode today once I realized the only way to really enjoy it is as a giant troll long TDM match. Once you start playing like an asshole and forget about actually winning or trying to play it in a competitive manner, you can have a blast just killing the suckers who are actually trying to play it like its a real mode.

Once you make your peace with that, you can rack up the kills. If you try to play it for real you are just going to frustrate yourself and actually do a lot worse. It's a big playbox and none of it matters. That's not why I play battlefield but I truly think that is what this mode is really made for. And its okay once you accept it on those terms.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2019, 06:24:36 PM »
Ground War is fun but BF3/BF4 it ain't. Ground War doesn't offer much teamwork and the TTK on speed makes any sort of strategy meaningless.

Still, some bits are better than BF5. It was definitely fun more often than DICE's latest schlog.
I wonder if DICE can ever return to the heights of BF3/BF4. Those games had balance issues and such but they were really fun to play and offered a lot of variety in play styles and map strategies.
BF5 feels so constricted in comparison.

🤴

benjipwns

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2019, 06:48:53 PM »
Forget the SMGs, I unlocked a grip or something on one of the assault rifles that turned the thing into a two-hit kill rail gun. It was like I was using the BAR in DoD:S or something since the range seemed borderline unlimited. I don't think I've had as much confusion as to whether a game weapon was working as intended or not since I was putting the fear of god into people after figuring out you could frontload the shotgun's incendiary rounds (and thus skip a full reload while also setting injured people on fire) in the WWII beta.

benjipwns

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2019, 08:56:07 PM »

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2019, 01:56:08 AM »
Spec Ops mode is exclusive to Playstation for a year

:lol

So ill buy the game on the cheap in a year
What

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2019, 10:24:11 AM »
At least cross play will make it so the PC community isn't dead after 3 months. Played on PC with a xbox controller and did fine.

I'm only interested in the BR at this point
©ZH

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2019, 10:58:33 AM »
Spec Ops mode is exclusive to Playstation for a year

:lol

So ill buy the game on the cheap in a year

Yeah was gonna post about this, having a mode for a whole year exclusive is pretty insane, a map, some guns whatever, a mode is like ???

Play it before COD 2020, they literally had such good PR they just had to fuck it up somehow. Incredible 

Nuitangg

« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »
It's still the Spec Ops Survival mode that's exclusive right?  Dumb but I only care about raging in mp anyways.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
correct

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #90 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:19 AM »
The PC version will require 175 GB of free space.
:neogaf
ど助平

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #91 on: October 22, 2019, 02:04:37 AM »
I need to play this at some point.
每天生气

Ghoul

« Reply #92 on: October 22, 2019, 07:11:34 AM »

I know it's wild!

Brehvolution

• Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
« Reply #93 on: October 22, 2019, 12:51:06 PM »
When I payed for my pre-order, the dude at gamestop said I can stop in after 3pm Thursday for a sticker sale(which I guess is proof of payment) and stop in after 9 to walk out of the store with it. I'm like, "Dude, I have a family and a job. I'll get it Friday after work."  :jawalrus
©ZH

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: October 23, 2019, 09:19:46 AM »
Apparently PC has aim assist when using a controller.  Might get it on there-  with cross-play, the population hopefully isn't going to drop off for once.  :thinking
ど助平

Brehvolution

« Reply #95 on: October 23, 2019, 09:46:54 AM »
Played the beta on PC with a xbox controller. You may want to adjust your sensitivity as you adjust the FOV. It played perfectly.
©ZH

Nuitangg

« Reply #96 on: October 23, 2019, 12:47:41 PM »
I hope I can keep my rage in check.  Cod is the only game that makes me lose my mind.  :lol

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2019, 01:29:46 PM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #98 on: October 23, 2019, 01:40:54 PM »
Can you download the singleplayer by itself?

benjipwns

« Reply #99 on: October 23, 2019, 05:41:08 PM »
Can you download the singleplayer by itself?
No. battle.net doesn't have that function.

Though with Blops 4 once it was "available to play" you could play the single player tutorials but none of the multiplayer which was another 50GB or something.

They may do differently with a game that has a true single player though. Blops 4's single player was only for nerds like toku and me.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #100 on: October 23, 2019, 08:14:23 PM »
I loved it when I bought Black Ops II on Steam and it had options to download the modes separately.  Installed multiplayer and didn't take up much space at all, so good.  Wish they'd do that now.   :(
ど助平

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #101 on: October 23, 2019, 08:15:38 PM »

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2019, 12:09:45 PM »

Brehvolution

« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2019, 01:29:14 PM »
Some streamers got the PS4 version early.

https://www.twitch.tv/teepee
©ZH

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2019, 03:12:41 PM »
Damn I didn't know Realism meant you heal like Wolverine after a gunfight
fat

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2019, 06:19:04 PM »
tempted to day one this one but I've been burned so many times on pc

Nuitangg

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2019, 09:06:37 PM »
servers are fucked  :fbm

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2019, 09:28:21 PM »
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2019, 09:29:16 PM »
tempted to day one this one but I've been burned so many times on pc

This is the last chance I'm giving them.  Cross-play seems like it will make things just fine.
ど助平

Brehvolution

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2019, 09:50:33 PM »
Crossplay is why I got it on PC again.

servers are fucked  :fbm

Expected.  :-\

This is still a thing in 2019  ::)
©ZH

Nuitangg

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2019, 09:55:58 PM »
PC players can't even go offline to play campaign.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2019, 10:53:03 PM »
Activision: "Call Of Duty will be playable on THURSDAY!  At 9:00 PM EST, even!"

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2019, 11:13:11 PM »
Holy shit it's working now.
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2019, 12:05:46 AM »
Played some good ol' TDM with an XBone controller.  Aim assist was there and it seemed to be matching me up with console players.  Interesting that it also let me play in 21:9 and 144hz with cross-play enabled.  Worked great and felt like I was playing this on a console...with better visuals and framerates.
:rejoice
ど助平

eleuin

• perennial loser
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2019, 02:50:25 AM »

Ghoul

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2019, 05:46:17 AM »
Man really want to buy this now. Looks fantastic!

Nuitangg

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2019, 08:32:15 AM »
Not feeling the maps so far.  Maybe need to play more.

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2019, 08:19:39 PM »
any thoughts benji?

Nuitangg

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2019, 08:48:03 PM »
I can give you some thoughts.  Fuck this bullshit trash ass game.  :maf

kingv

« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2019, 12:29:29 AM »
I played a few rounds last night. BIL buys it every year and I game share with him.

First COD Modern Warfare I’ve played in a long time, and I just want really feeling it.

The maps all seem like meat grinders to me, and the animations aren’t that good. Every map seemed to love campers.

It just doesn’t do much for me.