Author Topic: Is the world burning?  (Read 250867 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Is the world burning?
« Reply #2040 on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:34 PM »
I think it's time to start drug testing police officer for anabolic steroids.

CatsCatsCats

• 🤷‍♀️
« Reply #2041 on: June 04, 2020, 10:45:54 PM »
God protect the Buffalo target

BisMarckie

« Reply #2042 on: June 04, 2020, 10:48:01 PM »
I try to emotionally distance myself from videos like that by reminding myself that there is an ocean between me and those events. Not the best approach, but there isn't much I can do anyway
I spent all of last year watching innocent people get shot in their own streets in other countries but it's completely different when it's your own government attacking your own people. It just makes you sick in a way you can't understand until it happens.

I get that, my father told me that when martial law was imposed to squash the Solidarnosc movement, he deciced that this wasn't his country anymore and wanted to flee, even though if it meant leaving everything behind.
He never liked the communist party to begin with but that was the final straw.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2043 on: June 04, 2020, 10:48:04 PM »
https://twitter.com/MarleeTuskesTV/status/1268732525448441856

It also seems like he is in the hospital and stable.
Suspensions again. Fuck my life. Love how cops are subject to the law like the rest of us

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2044 on: June 04, 2020, 10:50:19 PM »
It's about identifying with the victim.  All of this is bad, but it's about the thing that makes you at a gut level go this is so wrong, and unfortunately that's not seeing a black man die over 8 minutes or young hippies getting gassed to a lot of people.

It's fucked up but the second best thing you can do as a respectable-looking white person at a protest like this is to deter the police from violence (like the NOW ladies who formed a human wall), and the best thing you can do is be the one getting brutalized where everyone can see it.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2045 on: June 04, 2020, 10:50:30 PM »
Ya I hope there is a reckoning in Buffalo tomorrow

https://twitter.com/icecube/status/1268726408907419648

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2046 on: June 04, 2020, 10:52:28 PM »
"a possible concussion"

:cac

Propagandhim

« Reply #2047 on: June 04, 2020, 10:54:49 PM »
What the FUCK is wrong with these people?

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2048 on: June 04, 2020, 10:55:09 PM »
It's about identifying with the victim.  All of this is bad, but it's about the thing that makes you at a gut level go this is so wrong, and unfortunately that's not seeing a black man die over 8 minutes or young hippies getting gassed to a lot of people.

It's fucked up but the second best thing you can do as a respectable-looking white person at a protest like this is to deter the police from violence (like the NOW ladies who formed a human wall), and the best thing you can do is be the one getting brutalized where everyone can see it.

Pretty sure that is the best thing anyone can do for a protest of police violence.  The whole point should be to entice police into using unacceptable violence on camera and the whole thing is fucked.  The black man has to die on camera so that black people burn the cop cars on camera so that people feel compelled to join the event so that more black people can be beaten on camera so that the white old man comes out in Buffalo to be beaten on camera. 

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2049 on: June 04, 2020, 10:58:35 PM »
i can just imagine the pre march hype machine

"This is our city! they're not burning it down, if anyone is gonna burn it down it's gonna be us!"

team filler

• filler
  • filler

BisMarckie

« Reply #2051 on: June 04, 2020, 11:04:26 PM »
Damn Poles  :maf

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2052 on: June 04, 2020, 11:04:36 PM »
I'm starting to think that " a couple of bad apples" may not explain the US Police issue fully. :thinking
Perhaps should be rephrased as "a couple of good apples".

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2053 on: June 04, 2020, 11:06:36 PM »
I'm the millionth person to point it out, but the phrase is "One bad apple can spoil the bunch."

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2054 on: June 04, 2020, 11:06:59 PM »

Pretty sure that is the best thing anyone can do for a protest of police violence.  The whole point should be to entice police into using unacceptable violence on camera and the whole thing is fucked.  The black man has to die on camera so that black people burn the cop cars on camera so that people feel compelled to join the event so that more black people can be beaten on camera so that the white old man comes out in Buffalo to be beaten on camera.
how much is any of this being shown on national tv? seeing twitter vids with millions of views is cool, but the dirty dems proved the chad msm beats out the virgin social media during the primary  :larry

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #2055 on: June 04, 2020, 11:08:06 PM »
NYPD has pretty much successfully enforced the curfew today, as of 11pm. We'll see what happens during the weekend.
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2056 on: June 04, 2020, 11:08:27 PM »
Another video.

Dozens of cops and like four protestors

https://mobile.twitter.com/KatieGibasTV/status/1268702159295655938

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2057 on: June 04, 2020, 11:09:52 PM »
I'm starting to think that " a couple of bad apples" may not explain the US Police issue fully. :thinking
Perhaps should be rephrased as "a couple of good apples".
the brehs who flew into the twin towers were just a couple of bad apples, can't blame all of alqaeda for a couple of bad freedom fighters  :trumps

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2058 on: June 04, 2020, 11:12:05 PM »
Another video.

Ugh, that one is hard to watch. His head smacking the pavement is so loud. :fbm
dog

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2059 on: June 04, 2020, 11:13:47 PM »
And ShitLibs want her to be president in a few years. :snoop

https://twitter.com/atbobb/status/1268611630738272259

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2060 on: June 04, 2020, 11:15:41 PM »

figured the cia trained her better than that  :maduro

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2061 on: June 04, 2020, 11:21:01 PM »
ABC has it

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2062 on: June 04, 2020, 11:22:04 PM »

It's better than wrapping a bandanna around your face, which was the point of her post.
dog

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2063 on: June 04, 2020, 11:22:12 PM »
Another video.

Yeah this really says it all about the Imperial-Officer-Larping.
"HOLD THE LINE!" dude, nobody's there.
Marching screaming against 2 journalists, an anemic looking guy with a skateboard and an old guy.

Reminds me of those people fantasizing about the zombie apocalypse, so they'd have an excuse to use all those assault rifles they've spent 100k on, only in this case, backed by the state.  ::)

Akala

• Easy Victor

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2065 on: June 04, 2020, 11:25:25 PM »

how much is any of this being shown on national tv? seeing twitter vids with millions of views is cool, but the dirty dems proved the chad msm beats out the virgin social media during the primary  :larry

there seems to be a 6 hour delay from twitter to cnn.  oh cnn just talked about it.

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2066 on: June 04, 2020, 11:26:01 PM »
And ShitLibs want her to be president in a few years.

If we're keeping score, Bernie said yesterday we need to pay higher wages to attract better officers.

Maybe one of the lessons of this whole debacle is not emotionally overinvesting in individual politicians? Just throwing that out there.

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #2067 on: June 04, 2020, 11:28:37 PM »
Maybe one of the lessons of this whole debacle is not emotionally overinvesting in individual politicians? Just throwing that out there.

No shit? Doesn't negate my point: AOC is being propped up by ShitLibs that think she farts unicorns and rainbows. Just like Cuomo was until recently.

shosta

« Reply #2068 on: June 04, 2020, 11:29:34 PM »
You say dumb things way more often than she does so have a little humility
每天生气

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot
« Reply #2069 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:17 PM »

Propagandhim

« Reply #2070 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:19 PM »

If we're keeping score, Bernie said yesterday we need to pay higher wages to attract better officers.

That guy was suspended and not fired.  Why are these police departments holding onto these guys like they're senior level engineers at a tech company, too costly to replace.  They're cops.  Any idiot can be a cop.  How are they not soaking up the labor supply?  These are not important or talented people.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2071 on: June 04, 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
https://twitter.com/mjfree/status/1268739364630212610
Cops on bicycles must be like:

So they need to step up their violence.  :doge

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2072 on: June 04, 2020, 11:33:38 PM »
Cops on bicycles must be like:
https://i.imgur.com/eipugIu.jpg
So they need to step up their violence.  :doge

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2073 on: June 04, 2020, 11:34:57 PM »

That guy was suspended and not fired.  Why are these police departments holding onto these guys like they're senior level engineers at a tech company, too costly to replace.  They're cops.  Any idiot can be a cop.  How are they not soaking up the labor supply?  These are not important or talented people.
That seems to be the key issue?
You can even fund the police adequately, but not spend that cash in distinguished mentally-challenged shit like APCs and military gear like you're stationed in Fallujah, which actually sends the opposite message about what a police force is even supposed to be, in a civilized society.
Being a cop definitely shouldn't be something any fucking idiot can sign up to do and get in.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

Propagandhim

« Reply #2075 on: June 04, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »

You can even fund the police adequately, but not spend that cash in distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed shit like APCs and military gear like you're stationed in Fallujah, which actually sends the opposite message about what a police force is even supposed to be, in a civilized society.
Being a cop definitely shouldn't be something any fucking idiot can sign up to do and get in.

But it is strange:  That cop was earning $80k+.  Surely you can afford to fire someone shitty and hire someone decent at that wage - and if you can't construct a way to test for decency upon hiring, at least fire the indecent people after the fact.  It doesn't make sense that they hold onto these people so tightly.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2076 on: June 04, 2020, 11:40:43 PM »
https://ustv247.tv/cnn-live-streaming/ about to start
it's a cop on acting like he cares  ::)

" sympathetic tank(retired) interviewed about tank brutality in tianmen square: says tanks know better and this has to stop!"
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 12:07:58 AM by filler »

Mandark

• Icon
« Reply #2077 on: June 04, 2020, 11:42:53 PM »
You can even fund the police adequately, but not spend that cash in distinguished mentally-challenged fellowed shit like APCs and military gear like you're stationed in Fallujah, which actually sends the opposite message about what a police force is even supposed to be, in a civilized society.

If the job entails asserting your authority on other people (physically and otherwise) and has a culture of impunity, trying to only hire angels won't change much. Dozens of Buffalo PD walked by that old man as he was lying on the ground and bleeding not because every individual one of them was a particularly bad person, but because of what sort of behavior the system rewards, punishes, and conditions the officers to see as normal.

Better screening probably couldn't hurt though. I just wouldn't put too much hope into it.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2078 on: June 04, 2020, 11:48:48 PM »
cnn trying to spin police brutality as a trump problem  :titus

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2079 on: June 05, 2020, 12:07:18 AM »

If the job entails asserting your authority on other people (physically and otherwise) and has a culture of impunity, trying to only hire angels won't change much. Dozens of Buffalo PD walked by that old man as he was lying on the ground and bleeding not because every individual one of them was a particularly bad person, but because of what sort of behavior the system rewards, punishes, and conditions the officers to see as normal.

Better screening probably couldn't hurt though. I just wouldn't put too much hope into it.
I agree, and "hiring better people" is such an abstract condition in practical terms, that means little, beyond "don't give a badge to the psychopath with the Mussolini tattoo" (a standard most police institutions around the world are still below, nevertheless).
Still, i think you can consider the concept of "funding" beyond the idea of larger wages, and "better training" shouldn't just mean: better ways to beat the shit out of people.
Basically, start from renouncing the idea that a cop is merely a guard dog to capital interest.
This is a cultural shift that takes decades, anyway.

I don't like to generalize the idea of police brutality as just a global phenomenon, because it takes away from what is clearly a huge issue in the US in particular, but it is true to an extent that the position tends to attract a certain type of person ( ::)).
So that type of behavior is really what you should specifically look for, identify, and curtail as much as possible.

As an outside observer, this seems especially hard for the US, because it looks like a society particularly uncaring in structure (from work culture, to healthcare, bootstrap rhetorics, homelessness), but again, that's just the view from my distorted lens.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2080 on: June 05, 2020, 12:11:44 AM »

slime the police!  :rejoice

BisMarckie

« Reply #2081 on: June 05, 2020, 12:11:48 AM »
speaking of outsider perspective:

I have never seen a police force as ruthless as the Carabinieri. While the rgular police was mostly chill, the carabinieri pulled out their baton just for looking at them funny.

Madrun Badrun

• twin-anused mascot

shosta

« Reply #2083 on: June 05, 2020, 12:12:46 AM »
每天生气

Boredfrom

« Reply #2084 on: June 05, 2020, 12:26:37 AM »

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2085 on: June 05, 2020, 12:27:57 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Didn't they do this in 2016 as well, offering crocodile tears?

Then it turned out they were instigators

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #2086 on: June 05, 2020, 12:30:42 AM »
they've been roasting the U.S. over it's shitty treatment of Black people since like the 1800's
pcp

Boredfrom

« Reply #2087 on: June 05, 2020, 12:30:57 AM »
No I didn't.

No offense, but both Russia and China can also suck my dick.

they've been roasting the U.S. over it's shitty treatment of Black people since like the 1800's

*Insert Etiolate post*

BisMarckie

« Reply #2088 on: June 05, 2020, 12:33:40 AM »
No I didn't.

iOS giant dads like me can't see anything  :(

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2089 on: June 05, 2020, 12:37:55 AM »
speaking of outsider perspective:

I have never seen a police force as ruthless as the Carabinieri. While the rgular police was mostly chill, the carabinieri pulled out their baton just for looking at them funny.
The raid on the Diaz had both Police and Caramba, and Celerini are police, so i wouldn't call either "chill"  :lol.
But the Carabinieri are a military force, so i guess that taints the expectations.
Although Cucchi's murder is still pretty fresh in everyone's mind.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #2090 on: June 05, 2020, 12:39:04 AM »

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #2091 on: June 05, 2020, 12:46:08 AM »

BisMarckie

« Reply #2093 on: June 05, 2020, 12:49:43 AM »
brb registering @RussiaDimitri and @USAHank as my twitter handles

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #2094 on: June 05, 2020, 01:20:19 AM »
https://www.yahoo.com/news/peaceful-protesters-indiana-marched-armed-235502416.html

"gotta stand 'ere with mah death machine. Wut wut? It's muh right. Totally don't mean nothing by it. Nope"

The fuck man? Some people will never get it.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #2095 on: June 05, 2020, 01:22:39 AM »
:stahp :lol

https://twitter.com/josh_wingrove/status/1268507783613341696

When you looked like a deranged moron and Piers Morgan seems smart and rational you've really lost your mind  :lol

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #2096 on: June 05, 2020, 01:47:45 AM »
Its so damn twisted how we treat elders in this society. God damn, makes me sick

Yeah I dont like this violence. Why couldnt we just let corona kill them like nature wanted.  >:(

shosta

每天生气

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2098 on: June 05, 2020, 02:02:05 AM »
lol cops might as well be aliens at this point wtf

:piss :cop :piss2
(ice)

Rufus

• 🙈🙉🙊
« Reply #2099 on: June 05, 2020, 05:11:24 AM »
They want the sadists, because that's what police work is to them. If you can't put your knee on a restrained person's neck for 8 minutes, or tase an incapacitated person dozens of times, or watch emotionlessly as it happens in front of you, you're just not good police. Compassionate human beings are unfit for duty.