Author Topic: Persona 4 Golden $20 on Steam! Available Now!  (Read 11589 times)

213372bu

« Last Edit: June 13, 2020, 02:12:35 PM by 213372bu »

paprikastaude

Put up SMT3 on Steam, because only there they might resist their urge to remove Kaneko's art work and add waifus like Strange Journey RX.

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
chie chan show me your oily hole  :drool

Himu

Put up SMT3 on Steam, because only there they might resist their urge to remove Kaneko's art work and add waifus like Strange Journey RX.

They did WHAT?!?!?
IYKYK

Himu

Also Persona 3 is better than P4.
IYKYK

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
...this is not Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter

yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
This is not SMT 3
What

Human Snorenado

• Icon
(...I'll still get it tho cause I never played Golden and I really liked P4)
yar

MMaRsu

• Administrator
Lmao Denuvo on these ports

Middle finger from me to SEGA and ATLUS
What

Himu

Also Persona 3 is better than P4.
I think with Golden so much is added to the gameplay/story/flow that it edges out FES & portable.

I love Persona 3’s attitude, characters, music, overworld etc. etc. but boy does Golden make it like the perfect Slice of Life JRPG. Persona 4’s dialogue and events are really immersive. Persona 4 made me choke up twice, the only game to do that. Golden just perfects and smooths that amazing game in so many ways.

More so than what I’m playing in Royal.

I've never played Golden. 3 is the best one imo because it was a better sim. A sim without negative effects (getting tired) is a bad simulation. Persona formula became wish fulfillment with 4. Now it's an Uguu Simulator. Meanwhile, in Persona 3, let's chat with someone with a terminal illness in a park or show the loneliness and flaws of our teacher by indicating she's just as human as you and opines for romance in an MMO.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
pcp

Himu

IYKYK

Rahxephon91

I like Persona 4, but I do think 3 and 5 are better. Or rather I like their vibe more. I hope Digital Devil Saga gets a port as well. I hope these all get pc and console ports.

Himu

Raidou 2, which is the most underrated ps2 SMT, as well. Raidou 1 can go fuck off.

Also give me remakes of SMT1, 2, If, P1, P2 EP/IS, Soul Hackers in HD. :drool
IYKYK

Himu

Real talk, I don't think P3 is the best jrpg ever but it's by far my favorite.

I owned multiple copies, two copies of the strategy guide, and Fes. I was addicted to it. I loved it so much I didn't want to beat it and put off beating it for months so it wouldn't be over. I LOVE that game so much Demi gave it the nickname Himusona. :rejoice

I LOVE THAT GAME.
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
lmao i remember that nick

i own prolly like 8 smt games but have never put more than a couple hours into any of them because i am a terrible weeb. at this point it feels like never having watched star wars or something.
pcp

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
Atlus entering Valve HQ like:

©@©™

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
Excellent if true.

Oh shit. Persona 3 too?!?!  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( So happy

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
Persona Three is also my favourite, particularly FES. Best combination of Story + Theme + Mechanics. I was obsessed with it The time limited life sim aspects tying into the "everyone dies, use your time wisely) thematics, isolation from your party members (how they don't follow your every command) I don't think 4 or 5 really managed to mingle their game mechanics with their themes in the same way 3 does, even social link wise there are more interesting stories in 3. I think probably because they're just bolting 3's structure onto a new plot and enivronment. I was particularly disappointed with the half assed "rebellion" theming in p5.

But also like, maybe I should give Persona 4 another fair crack. I haven't played Royal yet so hopefully that comes to pc too.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Would very much like to see them take Persona 3 Portable and add all the real-time cut scenes from 3 FES in.  I played a lot of P3P and feel like I missed a lot with the visual novel cut scenes. 
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

El Babua

About to beat P5 Royal and the itch is still there.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
The last semester in P5R is way better written than vanilla P5. The additional characters also are interesting, and Akechi is handled better. Also the final palace might be the best dungeon Atlus has ever made
[close]

Definitely getting Nocturne if it does come out on PC. Hopefully it has the content from all the versions, sans maybe Dante from the Devil May Cry series.

thisismyusername

Mod Now Featuring Raidou and Dante from the SMT and DMC series selector would be the first thing for Nocturne since IIRC the re-release nix'd Dante (due to the license expiring) and putting Raidou/Devil Summoner in.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Confirmed to be P4 Golden (Steam icons and a Denuvo support page found) and will release on 6/13.

https://www.gematsu.com/2020/06/persona-4-golden-coming-to-pc-on-june-13
ど助平

thisismyusername

Now the question is: Is P3FES coming along in tow?

Persona 5, plz.
[close]

eleuin

• perennial loser
I think we're all in agreement shoji meguro is one of the GOATs

Trent Dole

• the sharpest tool in the shed
I wonder how much they're gonna want for this.
Hi

thisismyusername

Probably 30-40. Atlus is generally good with their pricing. Generally...

Edit: Catherine was $20 on launch (IIRC) so suppose these will be in that ballpark. They understand it's a late port, but with this being the "enhanced" version for P4, they might knock it up $10 or so.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator

:girlaff
ど助平

thisismyusername

They didn't do that for Catherine. :foodcourt

Coffee Dog

Persona 3 is one the goat jrpgs  :bow :bow2 The writing and atmosphere just go such a long way, and things like sickness that force you to slow down and spend your time elsewhere make the choices you make so much more significant. The first time you play it becomes really obvious you won't be able to max out everyone and that some people's stories will be left incomplete, and that's fine. you just do what you can.

Koromaru :heart

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
It'd be pretty weird to keep Golden the way it was on a bigger monitor considering it's a 544p weird aspect ratio conscious game that blocks out the entire screen to display a couple sentences..

(Image removed from quote.)

I feel like if FATLUS is going to be bringing this to PC that there's going to be more effort than nothing, they were self-aware about Catherine's price, but who knows  :doge

It's probably Sega Europe handling this.  Can see them just giving it the emulator treatment and upscaling it. 

If they port Persona 5 to PC, I bet it will be the original version instead of Royale.  Just like how they ported the original Catherine after Full Body released (in Japan).

:engel

But let's see how they handle it.  My guess is if any real work is done, that means a console version will follow anyway so the rabid fanboys will be able to relax.  :doge
ど助平

thisismyusername

It'd be pretty weird to keep Golden the way it was on a bigger monitor considering it's a 544p weird aspect ratio conscious game that blocks out the entire screen to display a couple sentences..

I feel like if FATLUS is going to be bringing this to PC that there's going to be more effort than nothing, they were self-aware about Catherine's price, but who knows  :doge

I mean the 544p is a downgrade from the 4:3 640x480(?) the PS2 version had. The UI being blown up makes sense in a handheld, but that's easily corrected.

I was more talking the "redone" graphics, they didn't touch up Catherine's or anything so I wouldn't expect that here. They might redo the UI to be in line with the original Persona 4, but who knows.

Trent Dole

We'll find out in a couple days. :meeble
Hi

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
Disagree on best JRPG of all time but cool that people who haven't played this or care to play this again can
fat

thisismyusername

Interesting note:
jschreier confirms that he's hearing that Persona 3 is coming to PC
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1270545028834832389

People on OldGAF claimed that Persona 3 had multiple port attempts to PC/nu consoles but that it was impossible due to lost files.

Inc. remake or new ver.?

My wallet on the first day of the Steam sale in two weeks. :whew

Battlefield 3, 4, Mirror's Edge 2, Burnout Paradise, Purse-owners 3-4, and Gwent. :whew :whew :whew

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.

bluemax

If it has quick save I might consider it, but P5 is the only one I've ever managed to finish because of being able to suspend/resume on PS4.
NO

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
If it has quick save I might consider it, but P5 is the only one I've ever managed to finish because of being able to suspend/resume on PS4.

You can also suspend/resume P3 PSP and Persona 4 Golden on the Vita. 8)
©@©™

thisismyusername

You're out of luck, it seems:

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/512074116

Pennywise

About to beat P5 Royal and the itch is still there.

The last semester in P5R is way better written than vanilla P5. The additional characters also are interesting, and Akechi is handled better. Also the final palace might be the best dungeon Atlus has ever made
[close]

Definitely getting Nocturne if it does come out on PC. Hopefully it has the content from all the versions, sans maybe Dante from the Devil May Cry series.
Can only agree with everything in the spoiler tag.

You're out of luck, it seems:

https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/512074116
Why?
Suspend and resume is still there.

Trent Dole

Alleged Switch and PS4 releases as well huh. :o
Hi

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
Re: Persona 4 Golden $20 on Steam! Available Now!
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2020, 02:20:07 PM »
YES YES YES!

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2020, 03:10:36 PM »
$20? THANK U BASED FATLUS
yar

Mr Gilhaney

• Gay and suicidal
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2020, 03:20:48 PM »

thisismyusername

$20? THANK U BASED FATLUS

I called it. Another TIMU win™:

Probably 30-40. Atlus is generally good with their pricing. Generally...

Edit: Catherine was $20 on launch (IIRC) so suppose these will be in that ballpark. They understand it's a late port, but with this being the "enhanced" version for P4, they might knock it up $10 or so.
No doubt they're going to redo textures, switch up the UI, and clean up the game a bit, so I'd definitely say $40-49.

Toliet4U status:

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
L
O
W
N

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

O
U
T

I'll be fair and was $10-20 over my estimate but my point was: Atlus generally knows their prices for late ports/etc. so Catherine being $20 with no changes meant this would be nearly in that ballpark.
[close]

Himu

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 06:18:28 PM »
P3 WHERE
IYKYK

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2020, 06:19:24 PM »
Hoping these come to GOG eventually...
^_^

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2020, 05:18:03 AM »

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert),

Is that really inspired from this Neogaf copy pasta?
What

thisismyusername

« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2020, 09:32:28 AM »
Yes.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2020, 10:02:39 AM »
Lol oh well pretty funny I suppose
What

Himu

« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2020, 11:57:58 AM »

Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert),

Is that really inspired from this Neogaf copy pasta?

Welcome to 2008.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2020, 01:11:31 PM »
Remember when GAF had enough relevance to have shit like that

Human Snorenado

• Icon
« Reply #58 on: June 14, 2020, 01:14:09 PM »
Remember when GAF had enough relevance to have shit like that

yar

toku

• 𝕩𝕩𝕩