Author Topic: Resident Evil 8: Village  (Read 16259 times)

Human Snorenado

• Stay out of Malibu, Lebowski
  • Icon
Re: Resident Evil 8: Village
« Reply #300 on: June 02, 2021, 02:07:42 PM »
...and I think it's more fun than RE7- Having more than 3 enemies types make a huge difference. I also think the shooting and combat mechanics generally felt great, although in the bosses you feel the limitations of 1st person with how awkward movement and evasion can be with that narrow viewpoint.

I started playing RE7 Not a Hero DLC last night, the controls and shooting feel really bad compared to RE8.

Also RE7 definitely looks dated. RE8 is a major graphics upgrade. RE7 looks pretty blurry/low res up close to anything.

The one thing RE7 Not a Hero has over RE8 is the feeling of shooting Chris's pistol is pretty awesome, like the whole controller shakes and it feels badass. Also being able to shoot stagger and then punch enemies. I can't believe an RE7 DLC has that but they didn't put it in RE8?? wtf Capcom.

Um, EXCUSE YOU only one RE character has the canonical ability to punch boulders, no one else could hit hard enough to make a difference
yar

Bebpo

« Reply #301 on: June 02, 2021, 09:11:14 PM »
So I finished Joe Baker's Punchout End of Zoe DLC. Eventually it won me over,

spoiler (click to show/hide)
When you get the rocket punch
[close]

It's much better than the Chris DLC for 7, and is super self-aware dumb, but running around the swampy bayou punching things is ok enough. The melee combat is really shallow though. It's barely enough along with wooden spears and some bombs to last 60-90 mins. But I'd play a full length game similar if they added more depth to the combat.

Any word on if RE8 is planned to have DLC?

Every time I finish a new RE game I'm always tempted to play RE6. If it wasn't that the game was super long I'd probably play it even if it was shit. I've heard Leon's campaign is passable enough to be worth the time investment...

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #302 on: June 02, 2021, 09:22:06 PM »
Leon's campaign in pretty overrated. it's mostly a super linear action game and not a particularly good one.

I think chris' was okay.

Sherry and jake's would be good but the snow level is sooooo shid

mercs is ok

The Sceneman

• Did my wife send you?
« Reply #303 on: September 01, 2022, 04:53:45 PM »
Is this the OT for this game?

Anyhow finally picked this up. Seems a lot less scary than 7 - Ethan is hokey af but its Resident Evil so that tracks just fine. Beautiful graphics! Runs awesome on Series X because Series X is XBEAST. Also the baddies seem to be just weird ugly men lol. Good creative choice there

Svejk

« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2022, 05:13:01 PM »
Is this the OT for this game?

Anyhow finally picked this up. Seems a lot less scary than 7 - Ethan is hokey af but its Resident Evil so that tracks just fine. Beautiful graphics! Runs awesome on Series X because Series X is XBEAST. Also the baddies seem to be just weird ugly men lol. Good creative choice there
I haven't played it yet, but I'd highly recommend holding off till Oct. 27th (iirc) for the update with added 3rd person gameplay.