Author Topic: Becoming a student of Joe Rogan thought  (Read 6857 times)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: Becoming a student of Joe Rogan thought
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2020, 01:43:33 PM »
Angry crazy mommy Krystal Ball is the only reason anyone watches The Hill

🤴

Tripon

• Teach by day, Sleep by night
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2020, 04:33:34 PM »

paprikastaude

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2020, 06:33:08 PM »
:dead

Tripon

« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2020, 11:00:09 PM »

Tripon

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2020, 12:55:46 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2020, 01:04:53 PM »
I saw a clip of him and Bill Burr talking about wearing masks and of course he thinks anyone wearing a mask is a pussy, no big deal. Thankfully Ol' Billy Rednuts basically called him a fucktard and made fun of how stupid he is.

Link

Joe Rogan making fun of people wearing masks and taking corona virus tests every other day is the Joe Roganest thing I have ever heard of.
He was confronted by this weeks later, not sure if it was Stewart or another guest.

Anyway, he clarified that he wasn't serious and he was just saying shit to get Bill Burr worked up  :lol:dead
🤴

Tripon

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »
Too bad there are 2 months of clips of him saying the same shit to other people he wasn't trying to wind up, including giving guests who were wearing masks shit for wearing them into the studio. Joe is an idiot, he's not going to take it seriously until someone he knows closely dies from it. So fingers crossed that Brandan Swab dies.

Rogan claimed at the last Fight Companion for UFC 251 that Schaub will be fine after taking 3 days of IVs, and hydroxychloroquine. While Bryan Callen, who is the same age as Rogan didn't take anything and is suffering. Rogan's going to take the wrong conclusion that if you still take IV drips, HCQ, and the sauna, he'll be fine if he gets it.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2020, 11:47:52 AM »
©@©™

Tasty

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »

thisismyusername

• GunOn™! Apply directly to forehead!
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2020, 12:41:09 PM »
Too bad there are 2 months of clips of him saying the same shit to other people he wasn't trying to wind up, including giving guests who were wearing masks shit for wearing them into the studio. Joe is an idiot, he's not going to take it seriously until someone he knows closely dies from it. So fingers crossed that Brandan Swab dies.

Rogan claimed at the last Fight Companion for UFC 251 that Schaub will be fine after taking 3 days of IVs, and hydroxychloroquine. While Bryan Callen, who is the same age as Rogan didn't take anything and is suffering. Rogan's going to take the wrong conclusion that if you still take IV drips, HCQ, and the sauna, he'll be fine if he gets it.

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏 Here's hoping. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Tripon

« Reply #70 on: July 14, 2020, 04:26:01 PM »
```
1:08:22 Talking about lockdowns and covid-19 (Joe: "My yoga teacher's been trying to get me to go to yoga [...] I do it at home, bro")

1:14:31 Discussing the spread of covid-19 in different countries (Joe: "Why did it go so badly here?")```

:doge
https://www.reddit.com/r/JoeRogan/comments/hr7rq0/joe_rogan_experience_1507_bob_saget/

Tripon

« Reply #71 on: August 07, 2020, 04:16:18 PM »

Tripon

Tripon

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2020, 12:26:41 PM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2020, 06:43:10 PM »
 :yeshrug :rogan

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2020, 06:51:58 PM »
Fiona Apple interviews Kanye West (Oct, 2005)

Kanye West: think pop music has lost its edge? Here's one titanic tunesmith who is keeping it sharp, sophisticated, and soulful to the core

Interview,  Oct, 2005  by Fiona Apple

He may not be a living, breathing endorsement for the virtues of higher education, but college diploma or none, Kanye West is making top grades in the music world. With his recently released new album, Late Registration (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam), the follow-up to his Grammy-winning, multiplatinum debut, The College Dropout, West has proven that he can keep not only the collegiate metaphors coming but also the hits. Here the 28-year-old rapper and producer talks to another artist who knows that you don't have to sleep to dream: Fiona Apple.

FIONA APPLE: Hey.

KANYE WEST: What up? What's good?

FA: I'll tell you what's good: I love your album.

KW: Aw, damn, you actually heard it?

FA: Yeah, and I'm obsessed with that song "School Spirit" right now. I keep on listening to it over and over. I love how you do your stuff. It's just so dynamic. It's such a joy to listen to something and hear different turns of phrases and words that sound so satisfying. It's just so rare. So, what are you doing?

KW: I just did rehearsals for the Pepsi Smash concert in Miami. One second. [to someone else in the room] Okay, so she's going to go to the dinner with us? [to Apple] I'm sorry.

FA: So, are you this busy all the time?

KW: Yes, constantly.

FA: Do you like that?

KW: Nah! But it's better than when I was trying to look for work. Now I make myself busy by trying new shit all the time.

FA: Do you like other stuff besides music? Or do you just live in music and that's it?

KW: I do videos. I focus a lot on the art direction of projects. I'd like to run a label some day. But with the level of artistry I want to bring, it's just a headache, dealing with so many different things. People don't realize that I've worked with a lot of different artists just to get to the point today where I can work on my own stuff--so I stay on top of it all the way.

FA: I read that you went to college for one year and then dropped out to pursue music. Did you have one experience that closed the deal for you to quit and go off and start doing music, or was it a gradual thing?

KW: With school, I just didn't really want to be there. I was like, How do these credits apply to what I want to do in my life? So I would take courses that I could use a little bit: piano, speech, public speaking, English--which all helps me now. I had a record deal on the table back when I was 19 with Donny Ienner, but he hit me with the "We'll call you" thing. By the time that happened, I had already dropped out of school, so it was back to telemarketing and jobs like that.

FA: Back up a sec. You took public speaking?

KW: Yeah.

FA: Were you afraid of that? Did you ever have a fear of public speaking?

KW: Nah. I was always a ham.

FA: But you just took it to get certain skills?

KW: To get better, yeah. I always want to be the best at whatever I'm attempting to do.

FA: How much do you sleep at night?

KW: When I'm touring, I get my full seven hours. But, man, I got mad questions for you.

FA: No, this is the one thing that I'm so fucking nervous about: I've never interviewed anybody in my life! But I want you to know how you operate because your mind is always working. You've constantly got this symphony in your head. Do you have a lot of dreams at night when you sleep? I have a lot of dreams.

KW: Oh, yeah.

FA: Do you remember them?

KW: Wait--I thought you don't go to sleep to dream? [laughs] Yeah, I do remember a lot of them. And I get deja vu a lot so I guess the future is told to me in my dreams.

FA: How often do you get deja vu?

KW: Whenever I'm on the right path. That's what someone told me. Whenever you get deja vu that means you're on the right path. I get it, like, more than ten times a year.

FA: Who told you that it means you're on the right path?

KW: A friend of mine told me that, but I think God has me on a path. I think he puts certain people in my life, and angels send messages to me, like, Kanye, I want you to say this, and I want you to say that, and I want you to talk to this girl here, and I don't want you to do this over here. I was going to do a video where I tried to represent that, where three girls are walking down the street and I want to talk to them, and the guy points out the girls, and says this is what would happen to you if you talked to her, and this what would happen if you talk to her, and this is the girl that you need to be with, blah, blah, blah. And somehow represent that visually.

FA: Are you going to do that?

KW: I don't know. If I find a song that I could do that to, or maybe a movie concept if I ever get into doing movies.

FA: Aha! See? That's what I was asking before. Is it just music? Or are there other things you want to do?

KW: I've had extensive conversations with Mark Romanek and Spike Jonze and Hype Williams. Those are my directors. Those are my heroes.

FA: You're starting to get really cinematic in the music, too.

KW: Yeah, that's Jon Brion, who co-produced my new record, Late Registration. He does music for movies, and when I heard the stuff that he put on your album, Extraordinary Machine, it was one of the things that really inspired me.

FA: Have you ever seen Jon Brion perform at Largo [a club in Los Angeles]?

KW: Yeah, I perform with him sometimes.

FA: You do? When you come to L.A. next time, we should go to Largo and do something.

KW: Ah, that would fuck people up! When was the last time you did something at Largo?

FA: Oh, I did something a week ago, and I'm actually going back tomorrow night.

KW: That's crazy! Just that environment. The people are so close to you.

FA: I know. It's a lot in your face, though I'm sure we mean that in different ways. I get a little bit nervous if there are not that many people.

KW: Because everybody's looking at you?

FA: Not that they're looking at me, but I just don't like having to make eye contact with anybody. I love going to Largo, though.

KW: It's dope. Jon Brion is so dope.

FA: He is one of my favorite, favorite people. I love him a lot.

KW: And his energy is so good to have while you're working on an album. He comes in, and he'll hear something that he likes and hit you with that. [makes noise]

FA: Yeah, yeah, yeah! [laughs]

KW: Now, when I listen to your shit, I hear similarities. I actually wanted to work with him so I could be like the rap version of you. That was one of my main goals. The albums that inspired me for Late Registration were your first one, Tidal [1996] and Portishead's Dummy [1994], but especially your lyrics and how you sing. How is your vocabulary so ill? Were you tight in vocabulary in your school?

FA: No, but I just love words. I love looking at phrases books and word origins books because they have so many obsolete, never-used phrases. They have a rhythm to them.

You can build a whole song on a phrase that you like because it will spark something in your head, something that's going on with you. You'll hear a phrase and it will just ring true to you. I just love that.

KW: One thing that I like to do is use words that have never actually been used in a rap song before. I also like to take words that have negative connotations and show their real meaning. Like the word "pop." This is a pop album, but pop has a negative connotation if you're a "real artist." The title of The College Dropout--that's what that was. What is so negative about dropping out of college? Why do we automatically shun people who drop out of school?

FA: It's a word without a context.

KW: Exactly. And if you think of the examples of people who have dropped out of college that pop into your head, they're like Bill Gates and Michael Jordan. So is your album that's coming out now, Extraordinary Machine, the same album that leaked on the internet, or did you make a couple of changes? Because my first album got leaked way before my shit came out, too.

FA: What was that like? Because I found my stuff on the Internet. I had just gotten a computer, and just started to use the Internet. So, of course I couldn't resist trying to see what was being said about what was going on with my album, and I found the whole thing on the Internet. I didn't know how to feel. I kind of didn't feel. But I was also kind of furious. How did you feel?

KW: Well, I was upset when I first heard that people had the album and it was leaking slowly. There wasn't as much of a demand for me at that point, but it built a demand, because people started passing it around going, "Yo, this shit is pretty good." So it was kind of like a sampler for me, and at the end of the day I think it kind of helped promote me. But now people ask me how I feel about downloading, and my commercial for that would be: "Please don't download, because I want to get a pool in my second home."

FA: Yeah, right. I don't even know how I feel about it--I just don't want anybody to steal anything. But the thing that really bugs me about the leaking of my album was, who did it? Who took something that was not even done and leaked it? Why?

KW: You always want to know who that first person was. It's like, Did you get paid fucking $100,000? Please tell me you got paid to do this to me.

FA: Because when you're doing an album, you're only around people who are really close and on your side. So it's got to be somebody out of those people.

KW: Yeah, but sometimes it's an intern or some thing like that.

FA: Yeah, that's true. Anyway.

KW: Did you put any new songs on the record or is it the same joint that got leaked?

FA: It's the same thing, but there's a new song on there. I don't want to talk about me.

KW: Well, I want to know. You don't understand. I hold you higher than Lauryn Hill in my eyes.

FA: Oh, shit.

KW: Seriously. I see similarities, because of the distinctive deep voice and the level of wordplay.

FA: When I was 17 or 18, doing my first tours, we did so many road shows, and the Fugees were part of it for a while. I remember that I would watch Lauryn Hill, and it was so hard not to just quit, because she's just so ... Thanks for putting me in the same sentence.

KW: No, seriously. You're like possibly my favorite. ... [noise in the background]

FA: Do you have to go? I have to go, too.

KW: Okay, maybe we could talk at another time?

FA: Yeah, I really want to talk to you again. And think about when you come out to L.A. We'll do Largo.

KW: Okay. Sounds good.

FA: All right. I had fun talking to you.

KW: Me, too.

FA: All right, bye.

Fiona Apple will release her third album, Extraordinary Machine (Epic) this month. [Oct, 2005]

Leadbelly

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »
I feel like I need to smoke a lot of weed to watch this Kanye West interview.

Oblivion

« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2020, 06:42:07 AM »
I saw a clip of him and Bill Burr talking about wearing masks and of course he thinks anyone wearing a mask is a pussy, no big deal. Thankfully Ol' Billy Rednuts basically called him a fucktard and made fun of how stupid he is.

Link

Joe Rogan making fun of people wearing masks and taking corona virus tests every other day is the Joe Roganest thing I have ever heard of.

i know i'm late to this, but holy shit was that satisfying

paprikastaude

« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2020, 06:32:21 PM »
:badass

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2020, 12:27:23 AM »

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2020, 12:40:50 AM »
https://www.insider.com/joe-rogan-alex-jones-spread-conspiracy-theories-challenge-podcast-2020-10

1. Jones said that Sacha Baron Cohen, in his speech at an Anti-Defamation League event last year, "called for my arrest, and for Mark Zuckerberg's arrest, for free speech." Cohen did no such thing. You can watch the video and read the transcript of Cohen's comments here.

2. Jones said a diary by Joe Biden's daughter verifies much of the New York Post's coverage of alleged Hunter Biden emails. Rogan didn't respond to the claim.
   Jones appears to be referring to a series of stories on the far-right website NationalFile.com, which says it has obtained a diary belonging to Ashley Biden that makes outlandish claims about the Democratic presidential candidate and — in what is surely a spectacular coincidence — appeared just days before the election. Insider has not independently verified the legitimacy of the diary, and neither has any other media outlet.

3. According to Jones, "Trump doesn't have Russia connections" and has expelled lobbyists from his administration, a point he repeatedly brought up that went unchallenged by Rogan.

In fact, Trump had welcomed hundreds of lobbyists into his administration. A 2019 ProPublica analysis found that he employed lobbyists at eight times the rate of the Obama administration. He's also pursued numerous business deals in Russia, and his properties have taken tens of millions of dollars from Russian oligarchs, according to Reuters.

4. At one point, Jones said Joe Biden "uses Ukraine as a money-laundering operation." It's not clear what that means, and there is no evidence that Joe Biden has financial ties to Ukraine at all — he's made his tax returns public. Rogan ignored Jones's comment altogether.

5. Soon afterward, Jones said Chinese president Xi Jinping "owns Hollywood" and has expressed his love for Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin. Rogan didn't push back at all, claiming Xi may have made the comments only to push back against Trump's trade policies.

While it's true that major American studios have capitulated to Chinese demands for censorship, Xi certainly does not run them. And while Xi may run re-education camps for Muslims, Insider found no record of him praising Hitler and Stalin.

6. Jones said that, in recent court papers, Ghislaine Maxwell said Bill Clinton flew to Jeffrey Epstein's private island, and "it's gotten no attention" from media outlets.

In fact, in the newly unsealed deposition Maxwell took in 2016, she said she had never been with Clinton on Epstein's private island. Clinton has denied ever going on the island, though he has flown on Epstein's jet several times. Rogan did not address Jones's comment.

7. Both Rogan and Jones pushed a theory that "they" (they never explain who) killed William Colby, the former Director of Central Intelligence, whose death in 1996 has led to several conspiracy theories. Colby was found dead at the age of 76 near his canoe after going on a solo canoe trip, and medical examiners said he likely died of a heart condition.

8. According to Jones, California Sen. Dianne Feinstein is a "main Chinese asset" and the Chinese Communist party is "running the blackmail rings with Hunter Biden in the Democratic Party." There's no evidence of these claims. Jones may have been making a reference to a report that Feinstein removed one of her staffers in 2018 after Chinese spies attempted to recruit them.

9. Jones claimed that Bill Gates said in an interview with CBS News that he was OK with 80% of people dying in COVID-19 vaccine trials. Gates said no such thing, and the vaccines he supports are not causing mass death. Rogan laughed when Jones made the claim and moved on.

10. Jones said the former astronaut Buzz Aldrin appeared on his Infowars show to say that "aliens built the pyramids" and endorsed Trump. Aldrin did once appear on his show but certainly did not say in that episode that aliens built the pyramids. Also, it was 2009, so he definitely didn't endorse Trump. Rogan did not push back against Jones's claim.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2020, 12:53:26 AM »
you don't bring on alex jones to fact check him  :lol

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2020, 06:39:49 AM »
you don't bring on alex jones to fact check him  :lol

plus alex blurts out so much shit its impossible to fact check everything he says :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #84 on: October 31, 2020, 05:14:54 AM »
Joe Rogan actually fact checks Jones.

Guess what they conclude, Alex Jones is right about a lot of shit. Team Carbon Yeah!
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #85 on: October 31, 2020, 05:18:42 AM »
We have the documents joe
(ice)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2020, 12:50:24 PM »
To be fair Rogan did push back a handful of times and even hounded Alex Jones fairly hard, up to piercing the veil of lies on three occasions. At other times he let Jones divert the conversation or go on insane ramblings (Jones claiming the US have actual non polluting clean coal  :doge ). Rogan postulates that the best way to address lies is truth (he used "correct speech" but that's the idea) but he's not really the man for the job.
ὕβρις

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2020, 01:16:56 PM »
Tom and Drunk Alex teaming up on Joe while he had to stay sober, he had no chance.  :lol
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: October 31, 2020, 07:14:34 PM »
Pretty shocked to discover Rumbler went on Joe Rogan. May have to consider cancelling him.

©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #89 on: October 31, 2020, 07:17:42 PM »
fact check rumbler now  :pacspit

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #90 on: October 31, 2020, 08:52:20 PM »
To be fair Rogan did push back a handful of times and even hounded Alex Jones fairly hard, up to piercing the veil of lies on three occasions. At other times he let Jones divert the conversation or go on insane ramblings (Jones claiming the US have actual non polluting clean coal  :doge ). Rogan postulates that the best way to address lies is truth (he used "correct speech" but that's the idea) but he's not really the man for the job.

Not to be a rogan dickrider, but I don’t think a lot of the Pearl clutches realise that he mostly has Alex on because he’s an entertaining guest (and he’s a pal, the last 20 mins of so are pretty fucking real)

(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2020, 08:57:16 PM »
Alex getting real about quitting and not being able to fight the globalists anymore  :tocry
🤴

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »
I'm re-watching the Alex Jones guest star trilogy.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »

Not to be a rogan dickrider, but I don’t think a lot of the Pearl clutches realise that he mostly has Alex on because he’s an entertaining guest (and he’s a pal, the last 20 mins of so are pretty fucking real)

Jones is sort of a shitty pal but I guess that's not on Rogan.
ὕβρις

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #94 on: November 01, 2020, 01:17:39 AM »
I'm re-watching the Alex Jones guest star trilogy.

How about you rewatch the Alex Jones Star Wars trilogy instead, friend?

Margs

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2020, 09:22:18 AM »
Star Wars prequel/sequel trilogy.  :yuck

Phoenix Dark

• I got no game it's just some bitches understand my story
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2020, 07:45:36 PM »
I watched a lot of Rogan clips during quarantine in an attempt to understand the appeal. My general takeaway was a sense of cringe at braindead pluralism posing as the multi faceted musings of a renaissance man. On one hand a fascination and almost worship of scientific thought. On the other hand, an obsession with anti-intellectualism hiding behind "I'm just asking questions" paranoia nonsense. I feel bad for the women who go on dates with bros who try to impress them with random scientific factoids or sentences that begin with "kinda reminds me of how the Amazonians..."

Some of the shit was entertaining. Yea I liked some of the alien stuff but at the same time...that's the type of content that really flies in the face of the science fetish. What you're left with is a guy/ideology that cannot discern truth from bullshit. Fact from fiction. Real from fake. Critical thought from paranoia. Instead it's all mixed in a blender and presented for your consumption, where everything is equal. Just from an intellectual perspective...this shit is bad for your brain, man.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 07:54:32 PM by Phoenix Dark »

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2020, 08:03:14 PM »
Rogan still doing ads is  :lol
ὕβρις

Nuitangg

« Reply #98 on: November 03, 2020, 07:19:15 PM »
Election show soon.  :lol

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #99 on: November 03, 2020, 07:38:03 PM »
ELECTION SHOW NOW

🤴

EchoRin

• Hey, it's that dog.
« Reply #100 on: November 04, 2020, 11:39:48 AM »
 :lol

I came home today and my roommate was praising it up and down how good it was. He is an unironic JRE student. Even has a stupid backpack patch (or pin?) of the logo. Poor guy. He has a good heart though so I never bother telling him to stop talking to me about the JRE and just nod as he tells me about it.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #101 on: November 04, 2020, 01:56:29 PM »
Joe and Tom were pretty good but the other guy was just obnoxious and Alex didn't show.

This was a bigger letdown then Trump's election result.
🤴

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

paprikastaude

« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2021, 08:09:55 AM »
dude has Covid and is taking horse pills instead of a vaccine.

Boredfrom

« Reply #105 on: September 03, 2021, 03:59:11 PM »
He is such an asshole.

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2021, 02:39:33 AM »
So not only does it not cure Covid, but it doesn't even kill parasites