Author Topic: Ghost of Tsushima (Iki Island Expansion out Aug. 20th)  (Read 11200 times)

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Ghost of Tsushima
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2020, 05:29:14 PM »
Just pay for it dawg, you should be rich as fuck from your rasslin gif empire

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:girlaff
[close]
(ice)

thetylerrob

« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2020, 09:51:51 PM »
This thread reminded me that Gamefly exists so I signed up and I started playing Ghosts today. Thanks brehs.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2020, 01:43:19 PM »
Was really enjoying this last week, got up to the second area did some shid so far so good.

Loaded it up the other day and all the icon barf on the map hit and has put me off playing it for now

So I've started a new game on AC Origins :killme
(ice)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #123 on: August 03, 2020, 08:02:12 PM »
How long is it? The last big Sony exclusives where kind of bloated (thinking about Last of Us 2 and God of War, but i hear Days Gone is the same) for what they needed to be, is this appropriately paced?

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #124 on: August 07, 2020, 10:44:47 PM »
 My playtime was around 50 hours and I quite a bit of side content. My buddy got the plat in around 60. The pace is super dictated by how much side content you do. Like I mentioned before, don't get swamped down in Act II. The area is big and there is a seas of "?" on the map and it kills the momentum.

All the side stuff can be left for post-game, meaning if you WANT more stuff to do, there is plenty for after the story is finished. I'd recommend doing The Six Blades of Kojiro and special blue missions in the second area but otherwise just stick to the gold icons and push the story forward. I feel like Days Gone had a lot more meandering (honestly, the first part of the game is a fucking drag) until it's story finally picked up at the halfway point.

Mr. Nobody

• Groovy.
« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2020, 11:41:39 PM »
Enjoying the game but it has the worst camera I've experienced in quite some time

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2020, 11:51:09 PM »
This game is like an 8/10. It’s also one of those cases where the sequel will undoubtedly be amazing.

I'm a Puppy!

• Knows the muffin man.
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2020, 01:03:47 AM »
I finished it and loved it. It was a breath of fresh air. That being said, some of the stories were pretty basic and just stretched out too long.
And the AI was pretty dumb. Which in a way helped since when I got caught in the "stealth" missions I could just massacre a bunch of them before it became a problem. Still, had a lot of fun with it, so much so I'm going after the post game content which is saying something.
que

kingv

« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2020, 11:50:06 PM »
I like most of this game but hate any mission where you have to protect civilians. I keep failing because the I’m wrecking dudes and some guy sneaks in off screen

kingv

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2020, 03:06:39 PM »
Beat this last night. It’s pretty good but I was ready for the end by the time it came.

I thought the story was pretty ok, and the game looks amazing. I doubt I spent more than 25 hours to beat it, I basically only did the gold missions

Svejk

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2020, 10:14:14 PM »
Beat this last night. It’s pretty good but I was ready for the end by the time it came.

I thought the story was pretty ok, and the game looks amazing. I doubt I spent more than 25 hours to beat it, I basically only did the gold missions
I must be around 25 hours in and just now got to Act 2... But as much as I enjoy the combat, there's a part of me that wants to just b-line the rest of it... Got so much other shit I need to get to still.  Having backlog blues kicking in lately again...

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2020, 10:20:05 PM »
Played some of the intro and it's pretty much the same open world bullshit as any other game, just with a boring japanese coating

I liked inFamous more

super heroes > watashi wa bullshit
fat

Let's Cyber

« Reply #132 on: August 17, 2020, 10:57:37 AM »

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #133 on: August 17, 2020, 11:53:57 AM »
Super natural shit. :nope
Floating rocks.  :nope :nope
PS+ needed. :nope :nope :nope

thetylerrob

« Reply #134 on: August 17, 2020, 01:11:44 PM »
That's pretty cool actually. Not sure how well this game will work as a coop experience, but that's pretty great as a free update.

demi

• cooler than willco
  • Administrator
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2020, 02:11:57 PM »
That looks leagues better than the generic pap the current game is. Why didn't we get that instead?
fat

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2020, 02:43:50 PM »
That looks leagues better than the generic pap the current game is. Why didn't we get that instead?
Floating rocks and demons aren't generic brehs.  :neogaf

Let's Cyber

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2020, 06:29:48 PM »
Quote from: Sucker Punch
There are no microtransactions in Ghost of Tsushima: Legends, and we have absolutely no plans to add them. All of the content is unlocked through play.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2020, 06:42:04 PM »

1.1 is out Oct 16. Has the new 2 player co-op missions, 4 player survival mode, New Game+, new story mode merchant and cosmetics, etc.   

Let's Cyber

Re: Ghost of Tsushima (Legends is out Oct. 16th)
« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
Put a lot of time into Legends over the weekend. Overall my opinion is it's very, very good. I was expecting a lot more of the mechanics from the single player to be stripped out but they kept most of it intact (even if certain things are regulated to specific classes).  Co-op story missions are mostly clearing camps but there are new enemy types and objectives to mix things up. They got a lot more creative with the scenery and enemy types given the setting, so you get some more interesting combat scenarios and light puzzle solving that was absent from the campaign. You're regulated to one of the 4 character classes at first but they unlock as you level up.  It's standard diablo style loot. You can spend your currency to level up you stuff to your current level or re-roll specific stats to better fit your build. You can carry over equipment gained in the co-op missions into the 4 player mode so if you're struggling with one, it's possible to jump into the other to level up.

The 4 player survival mode is solid. 

If you're familiar with horde modes from Gears/L4D/Firefight/Mass Effect MP, etc, this isn't doing anything revolutionary but I'm really liking it. You defend points, gain currency that can be spent on special abilities, fight boss waves and try to complete team objectives during waves for extra loot. Team composition is important so you don't want to run in with 4 assassin's and no healer or all range and no melee characters, obviously. Communication is necessary if you care about doing well but it's possible to struggle through bronze and silver with randoms.

It's easy to tell a lot of work went into this and it is super polished for having just been released. It wasn't some random thing they threw together in a few months, it's obvious this was a core part of the package even if they didn't reveal it until after release. If they add new maps, legendary weapons and different raids in the future, I can see this being part of my regular rotation for a while.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 05:00:57 PM by Let's Cyber »

Let's Cyber

Re: Ghost of Tsushima (Iki Island Expansion out Aug. 20th)
« Reply #140 on: August 20, 2021, 01:10:05 PM »

Bebpo

« Reply #141 on: August 20, 2021, 07:22:50 PM »
Basically it's almost the same as BC. Even worse in some ways since cutscenes are 60fps in BC and 30fps here.

Slight res bump, slightly shorter loads, better lipsynch, some haptics. Otherwise the versions look identical. Kind of a waste of PS5 power to not even boost the draw distance or a single graphical effect. Oh well, still picked it up for the expansion.

Let's Cyber

« Reply #142 on: August 20, 2021, 11:32:46 PM »
I noticed the resolution bump immediately, it looks much sharper IMO. Bummed we didn't get better textures and draw distance tho. The 60 FPS was the real game changer so it's probably safe to skip the $10 PS5 add-on for most people.

I'm playing through again on lethal on NG+ so I haven't seen the new stuff yet. The new merchant in NG+ does have new cosmetics and stuff, I like that I can use Ryuzo's outfit now.

Also I'd recommend turning on the Enable Armor Loadouts and Target Lock in the gameplay tab. Not sure why they aren't on be default but they are big QoL improvements.

Svejk

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2021, 11:09:44 AM »
Was 3 trophies away from the plat on my OG PS4 playthrough... Got it before jumping on the Upgrade.
2 Platinums in one day!  :rejoice

Let's Cyber

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2021, 01:27:03 PM »
One of the new outfits is god tier if you're into getting perfect parries.  :rejoice

Some of the new areas look really amazing, it is a shame we won't get a native PS5 Sucker Punch game until towards the end of this gen.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #145 on: December 13, 2021, 11:58:03 PM »
This was my first purchase for PS5 once I realized everything else I own is just backward-compatible PS4 stuff.

It's pretty great. Swordfighting is exciting and tense, including the stand-offs. The voice acting in Japanese is solid and avoids anime trappings. The localized English text is natural and culturally grounded.

The multiplayer Legends mode is exciting and fun. Story is simple and not particularly needed for enjoyment. Hoard/Wave mode reminds me a little bit of that VERY short-lived multiplayer mode from the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot. Lots of fun traversal across the maps to defend areas.

(Image removed from quote.)
My fights do not look at all like this... yet.

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2021, 03:13:26 AM »
I really hope SP is working on a sequel to this, and not going back to Infamous.
This game was very fun to play, combat especially, and the real weak link of its package was how dated some of the open world aspects were (basically, 1:1 what happened with Horizon), so a sequel would be a good way to start from a solid base and improve on those aspects.

I'm wary of the sequel obsession in the gaming industry but due to the iterative nature of games, i think it's usually number 2 in most franchises, where you really see the potential expressed.

chronovore

• relapsed dev
« Reply #147 on: December 19, 2021, 07:33:56 PM »
Agreed, and though I spoke about "jank" there's honestly not much about this that's "janky." It's nearly as polished as any other triple-A game I've seen. By that, I mean the UI/UX experience, ease of use from a player-facing perspective. The visuals are just flawless.