Author Topic: FFXVI  (Read 7416 times)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John

Himu

Re: FFXVI
« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2020, 07:18:02 PM »
It should be clear anyone reading that I adore FF.
IYKYK

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2020, 07:23:01 PM »
I've played every mainline FF since FF7 [except FF11] and a bunch of the spinoffs. I love FF7R and really liked FF15 despite its flaws.

I just don't think FF16 looks all that interesting based on the trailer.
dog

Rahxephon91

« Reply #123 on: September 18, 2020, 03:37:07 AM »
It should be clear anyone reading that I adore FF.
Yes, I'm aware you do.

So for that I apologize. I often (obviously) get caught in these arguments to the annoyance of everyone because I still like these games and often feel the gaming community can be too hard on things. I want to remain optimistic(when it's something I like anyway..), sometimes to the detriment of discussion.

Himu

« Reply #124 on: September 18, 2020, 09:46:05 AM »
Watched the trailer again this morning with subtitles. I figured I'd post things that are positive.

1. I like the dark tone. Tactics is, in my opinion, the best overall FF and the intrtrigue and storytelling are a big reason why. I loved the tone of the beginning of XII as well. I'm a sucker for intrigue and darker stories.

2. I have criticized the character and to be very quite fair, I do think the main character looks a lot cooler in the beginning of the trailer. The problem with the art direction may be less a character problem and more one of lighting. The lighting in the beginning of the trailer is easily the best shown so far.

This looks quite good. And cool. Final Fantasy should look cool. Emphasis.

3. The summons war sounds intriguing.

On a negative note, the character design feels uneven. On one hand, you've got the utter coolness of the beginning of the trailer.

And then there's this.

I want to see more. What's the world like? Are there dungeons? Is there a full party? Are there traditional FF combat elements? A big problem with the trailer is that there's simply not enough. Given this is the first newly announced  numbered single player FF since 2006 that's completely new, expectations are high.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 10:16:46 AM by Cindi Mayweather »
IYKYK

Positive Touch

• Woo Papa
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2020, 10:14:24 AM »
it's just a reveal y'all. 15's had Noct sitting in a chair and riding in a car. 13 had Lightning beating up some guys on a train. this had a lot more than that while still showing very little. we got a few characters and what looked like a single area. gonna have to wait a lot longer before we get any real idea of what this game is gonna be like.
pcp

paprikastaude

« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2020, 12:35:40 PM »
In hindsight it looks good, but some wack shit like that horrendous kid divert from the rest of the mood.