Author Topic: USA Politics Thread |OT| Son of a bitch!  (Read 323310 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
Biden should have made the vaccine a rectal suppository
:O

benjipwns

They actually hired actors for this

Monterey resident Trevor Bernardino, 13, told KSBW he was stunned when he learned he would be traveling to Washington, DC to take part in the video.   

'Then after that, like a week later my agent called me and was like 'Hey Trevor you booked it,' he told the network.

Trevor was one of five teens who participated in the video for the YouTube original series. He was joined by Derrick Brooks II, another child actor, Emily Kim, likewise a child actor, Zhoriel Tapo, a child actor and aspiring journalist who has interviewed former First Lady Michelle Obama, and Sydney Schmooke.
Better part:
https://twitter.com/TomBevanRCP/status/1447893041470181378

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
It's literally Veep :dead
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Give new meaning to "in the paint".

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

james

Thats suspicious. Ive been by the port before and can confirm the waves never stop coming in. Its always been 24/7.

Potato

• Senior's Member
Biden should have made the vaccine a rectal suppository
You mean it wasn't?
 :ltg
Spud

team filler

• filler
  • filler
 :hesright

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
🤴

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
Sloppy Steve  :trumps
Margs

james

Nintex you're good with computers how serious was this hacking

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovParsonMO/status/1448697768311132160

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
me, decoding the HTML

"I'm in."
©@©™

benjipwns

On Wednesday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch ran a story about how its staff discovered and reported a security vulnerability in a Missouri state education website that exposed the Social Security numbers of 100,000 elementary and secondary teachers. In a press conference this morning, Missouri Gov. Mike Parson (R) said fixing the flaw could cost the state $50 million, and vowed his administration would seek to prosecute and investigate the “hackers” and anyone who aided the publication in its “attempt to embarrass the state and sell headlines for their news outlet.”

The Post-Dispatch says it discovered the vulnerability in a web application that allowed the public to search teacher certifications and credentials, and that more than 100,000 SSNs were available. The Missouri state Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) reportedly removed the affected pages from its website Tuesday after being notified of the problem by the publication (before the story on the flaw was published).

The newspaper said it found that teachers’ Social Security numbers were contained in the HTML source code of the pages involved. In other words, the information was available to anyone with a web browser who happened to also examine the site’s public code using Developer Tools or simply right-clicking on the page and viewing the source code.

The Post-Dispatch reported that it wasn’t immediately clear how long the Social Security numbers and other sensitive information had been vulnerable on the DESE website, nor was it known if anyone had exploited the flaw.

But in a press conference Thursday morning, Gov. Parson said he would seek to prosecute and investigate the reporter and the region’s largest newspaper for “unlawfully” accessing teacher data.

“This administration is standing up against any and all perpetrators who attempt to steal personal information and harm Missourians,” Parson said. “It is unlawful to access encoded data and systems in order to examine other peoples’ personal information. We are coordinating state resources to respond and utilize all legal methods available. My administration has notified the Cole County prosecutor of this matter, the Missouri State Highway Patrol’s Digital Forensics Unit will also be conducting an investigation of all of those involved. This incident alone may cost Missouri taxpayers as much as $50 million.”

“The state is committed to bringing to justice anyone who hacked our systems or anyone who aided them to do so,” Parson continued. “A hacker is someone who gains unauthorized access to information or content. This individual did not have permission to do what they did. They had no authorization to convert or decode, so this was clearly a hack.”

Parson said the person who reported the weakness was “acting against a state agency to compromise teachers’ personal information in an attempt to embarrass the state and sell headlines for their news outlet.”

“We will not let this crime against Missouri teachers go unpunished, and refuse to let them be a pawn in the news outlet’s political vendetta,” Parson said. “Not only are we going to hold this individual accountable, but we will also be holding accountable all those who aided this individual and the media corporation that employs them.”
:american

benjipwns

benjipwns

benjipwns

twitter.com/lavern_spicer/status/1448019963504119817
twitter.com/lavern_spicer/status/1448040032841961474
https://twitter.com/lavern_spicer/status/1448726524123881479

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1449047260038303746

“It was a dying party, I’ll be honest. Now we have a very lively party,”

that's one way to put it :trumps
🤴

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
©@©™

benjipwns

benjipwns

team filler

• filler
  • filler
crossfit just looks like people trying to injure themselves while working out  :doge

benjipwns

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
I see he doesn't want to get rid of oil and gas quite yet. Which makes sense if you consider what is happening in Europe right now.
Germany went through a failed energy transition after the disaster at Fukushima (not the climate) spurred them into action. Across Europe countries are not able to meet energy demands with renewables.
And a lot of sustainable energy sources like bio mass (cutting forests, shipping the trees across the ocean and then burning them) are not sustainable or environmentally friendly at all.
Burning gas is cleaner than burning a tree.

But the screeching climate cult does not understand that if you remove one source of energy, you have to replace it with another.
Especially because all their other plans such as electric vehicles, working from home, big tech / automation investments and resettling refugees, require more energy and significant changes to the power grid.
All most climate spending plans are really doing is using tax money to fund big corporations and industry to renew and upgrade their equipment and production methods to be more sustainable.

You can't save the climate unless you fix the energy problem or not put the climate and environment in one basket and invest heavily in nuclear energy again.
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/1449837228977496064

Yes, do this you fools. Put him in a room with Liz Cheney and Adam Schiff live on CNN. :rejoice
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

I know "cult" gets thrown around an awful lot in regards to Trumpland shit, but

team filler

• filler
  • filler
when they do the audits and nothing comes up, they'll still not show up to vote  :smug

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Remember only polling experts and career politicians can question election results and argue with the media about their calls.

After they questioned Trump's 2016 victory to this day (a new documentary about the pee pee tape just dropped) why did they think he would just accept the outcome?
It's like with everything they come up with from 'fake news' to 'the big lie' (all phrases coined by the MSM and bluechecks) Trump knows better how to use them.
🤴

benjipwns

Remember only polling experts and career politicians can question election results and argue with the media about their calls.

After they questioned Trump's 2016 victory to this day (a new documentary about the pee pee tape just dropped) why did they think he would just accept the outcome?
I was unrepentant in making fun of Democrats and their media lackeys for the stolen election/Russia talk, but there is a huge difference here between whining about the election result and Trump's refusal to ever accept a legitimate election result: First, Trump himself claimed that 2016 had been rigged and stolen from him despite having won. Second, Trump spent an entire year talking up the idea that 2020 was going to be stolen from him and telling his voters not to vote by mail-in. Third, Hillary conceded right after the election and never challenged any of it in court, Trump filed nearly 70 frivolous lawsuits and continues demanding fraudulent "audits" including in states he won. Fourth, Trump attempted to have others violate the law to switch the election results in his favor. Fifth, in the wake of all that he encouraged supporters to literally storm the Capitol as if this could change the results.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
yeah but hillary is a smelly biaaaaaaaaaaaatttttch so it evens out :trumps
(ice)

james

Wow Hilary finally had Colin Powell killed. What did he know and when did he know it

Nintex

• Finish the Fight

I was unrepentant in making fun of Democrats and their media lackeys for the stolen election/Russia talk, but there is a huge difference here between whining about the election result and Trump's refusal to ever accept a legitimate election result: First, Trump himself claimed that 2016 had been rigged and stolen from him despite having won. Second, Trump spent an entire year talking up the idea that 2020 was going to be stolen from him and telling his voters not to vote by mail-in. Third, Hillary conceded right after the election and never challenged any of it in court, Trump filed nearly 70 frivolous lawsuits and continues demanding fraudulent "audits" including in states he won. Fourth, Trump attempted to have others violate the law to switch the election results in his favor. Fifth, in the wake of all that he encouraged supporters to literally storm the Capitol as if this could change the results.
He started talking about rigged elections and rigged contests in general even before 2016. But that leaves the question, why is everyone surprised or shocked even and so easily caught up in the rigged elections hysteria, both his supporters and opponents.

https://twitter.com/JoyAnnReid/status/1450095282427936768

Here lies Colin Powell, he had some tough moments around our wars

:dead

A good and decent man who just happened to lie about the existence of Weapons of Mass Destruction to literally *checks notes* the entire world.
🤴

benjipwns

He started talking about rigged elections and rigged contests in general even before 2016. But that leaves the question, why is everyone surprised or shocked even and so easily caught up in the rigged elections hysteria, both his supporters and opponents.
Maybe the powerful people who continue to push that rhetoric to the point of insisting their supporters don't vote in the next two elections.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.

benjipwns

don't vote, DO donate:

benjipwns

https://energycommerce.house.gov/newsroom/press-releases/ec-leaders-announce-legislation-to-reform-section-230
Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ), Communications and Technology Subcommittee Chairman Mike Doyle (D-PA), Consumer Protection and Commerce Subcommittee Chair Jan Schakowsky (D-IL), and Health Subcommittee Chair Anna Eshoo (D-CA) announced new legislation today to reform Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act, which shields websites and online platforms from being held liable for third-party content.

The legislation, titled the Justice Against Malicious Algorithms Act, would amend Section 230 to remove absolute immunity in certain instances. Specifically, the bill would lift the Section 230 liability shield when an online platform knowingly or recklessly uses an algorithm or other technology to recommend content that materially contributes to physical or severe emotional injury. The bill will be introduced in the House tomorrow.
fuuuuucccccccckkkkkkk ooofffffooofffffffff

team filler

• filler
  • filler
Justice Against Malicious Algorithms Act
:neo

Cauliflower Of Love

don't vote, DO donate:
(Image removed from quote.)

probably part of his deal plea to no say anything about voting.

james

uses an algorithm or other technology to recommend content that materially contributes to physical or severe emotional injury

Good. Im sick and tired of Instagram showing me successful people having fun while Im in bed eating Doritos.

Its really bad for my mental health

Ready to sue those fucks

BIONIC

Margs

team filler

• filler
  • filler
 :rejoice

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
When Trump hits, he doesn't miss.

Basically nuked the entire politicial pundit class with a hyper sonic missile from orbit.  :whew
🤴

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Re: USA Politics Thread |OT| Resist Australian-style Fascism
« Reply #4071 on: October 19, 2021, 04:00:44 PM »
🤴

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #4072 on: October 19, 2021, 07:00:17 PM »
What a waste of a perfectly good CRT TV.
^_^

BIONIC

« Reply #4073 on: October 19, 2021, 07:25:20 PM »
What a waste of a perfectly good CRT TV.

nice rack tho
Margs

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #4074 on: October 20, 2021, 09:32:03 AM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #4075 on: October 20, 2021, 01:46:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/RyanGirdusky/status/1450781733251649536

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1450872552914620424

It is unclear whether in this scenario Manchin would end up caucusing with the Democrats, which would allow them to continue to control the Senate, or side with the Republicans and place the Senate in GOP hands. In either event, he would hold great sway over this half of Congress.

:kermit
🤴

benjipwns

benjipwns

« Reply #4077 on: October 20, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
Hawley's bill would direct the Department of Commerce to consult with the Department of Defense in producing an annual report that identifies "finished and intermediate" manufactured goods that are critical for the national security of the United States, or the protection of the industrial base of the United States.

The bill would also require that those goods identified by the Commerce and Defense departments be subject to the local content requirement of over 50% – meaning that more than 50% of the value of the good must be produced in the United States in order to be sold commercially in the country.
:camby

How Joe Manchin and Republicans Could Destroy the World
The West Virginia senator's opposition to a key climate program and Republican opposition to everything is an existential threat to everyone.

The other option is that the U.S.’s weak position could allow for another nation to lead. Both Robinson and former United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon (who is Robinson’s deputy at The Elders) repeatedly called on China to come to the table with the U.S.—or on its own. Casten also sees a similar dynamic that could play out, with China having a potential opening to swoop in and set the climate agenda that will define the 21st century.

“The question is really going to be what country is going to lead the international conversation about climate?” he said. “To be in that leadership position, you basically have to have two things. You have to have the economic clout to muscle your way into that role, which we do. And you have to have the proven track record that you are committed to doing at least as much internally as you are demanding the rest of the world does, which we do not. If we don’t get there, what we’re basically doing is opening the door to the Chinese century.”
:noooo
:phil
BIMming It
Times up, time to leave!
10/20/21 11:44am
“We. Are. Fucked.”

Yup, which is why I think I’m finally starting to relax. I’ll still push for positive change, and strive to see us actually live up to the challenge, but I have very little hope that it will happen. The problem is too intimidating to even accept for a lot of people, meaning it’s near impossible to grass-roots our way to change... and the people at the top are already banking on the idea that they can fleece the masses and use those immense resources they gather to live in relative luxury while the world burns around them.

Meanwhile, everyone who isn’t in the top .5% is going to have to murder each other for their next meal or glass of clean water by 2050... which means we won’t even have the luxury of a peaceful end, we’re going to keep destroy ourselves until the job is complete. Human civilization is looking more and more like our first and worst mistake as a species.

So, I’m not going to fear it anymore... I’m ready to accept it, and I pray that I’m dead before things get really bad.
Sassy After Death
BIMming It
10/20/21 12:49pm
Hey that’s my attitude as well!  I hope I die in the early parts though.
Chairman Kaga
Brian Kahn
10/20/21 10:12am
You know, if democrats had a bigger majority then two jerks holding the power to destroy the entire agenda wouldn’t be a thing.

Unfortunately gerrymandering, intimidation, lying, and the simple fact that most people in a position of power are now just in a race to consolidate that power, wealth, and security so when the inevitable collapse finally happens, they might stand a better chance of bring some sort of warlord or ruler of the broken society below.

Apocalypse fiction? At this point I don’t think so.
CMAllenToo
Brian Kahn
10/20/21 11:04am
At this point it’s not sarcastic to say the greatest threat to humanity is rabid conservatism — like a WV senator refusing to let go of coal. And while America’s brand of conservatism is...more batshit crazy that most of the rest of the world, it’s certainly not on its own either.

Change is not optional, which means Conservatism is NOT AN OPTION. We CANNOT continue to do things as we have always done. Humanity has two choices: change or die. Conservatism is CHOOSING to die. And if that’s your choice, do the rest of humanity a favor and get it over with RIGHT NOW. Yes, I said it. I’m not going to coddle or sugarcoat for Conservatives. If you want to die, just go die. Today. The rest of humanity doesn’t want or need you here, and will be far better off with you and your obstructionist bullshit out of the way. Otherwise, get with the program, fall in line, and accept the changes we all have to make.
[close]

benjipwns

james

« Reply #4079 on: October 20, 2021, 05:21:38 PM »
ERADICATE ERADICATE ERADICATE