Author Topic: Monster Hunter Rise  (Read 16533 times)

Tasty

Re: Monster Hunter Rise · HUNTERS RISE UP
« Reply #240 on: April 02, 2021, 02:27:21 PM »
I mean the special MH Rise one, I don't know if Capcom or Nintendo backed out but it feels like they made like, 500 and then just stopped.

Thankfully even after giving my sis a Pro Controller, I still have one of my own. :) I just want a second.

Bebpo

« Reply #241 on: April 03, 2021, 03:07:33 AM »
HR7 woooo

Time to hang with the big boys  :success

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #242 on: April 04, 2021, 03:21:05 PM »
You guys all trying to finish the content before the update drops at the end of the month?

Bebpo

« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2021, 04:23:03 PM »
Nah, I'm trying to finish the content so I can move on and play something else.

MH isn't a long term game for me. It's a play for a couple weeks and finish all the monsters in LR & HR and done. Then come back occasionally when new monsters are added for a few hours.

I'm ~31 hours now with three of the 7star hunts down. Probably finish everything ~34-35 hours total. Add another couple hours if I want to grind out a good endgame armor set + best weapon for my gunlance and some decorations.

There's definitely potential for lots more gameplay time if you're grinding out armor sets and weapons for multiple weapons, but I like to stick to one weapon per MH game. And Gunlance is weird in that almost no skills apply to it so 95% of the armor sets are useless outside their pure DEF stat. So might as well just mix and match whatever's available with the best DEF from the mats you have on hand. I'm up to about 350 DEF now.

There's also the post-games (which Rise hasn't added yet), but they're the worst kind of grind games imo of just fighting the same monsters over and over with bigger HP pools & more damage output as Tempered or in Rise, Apex versions for small % chance drop rates to get 1% better stronger or something. I have friends into this, but I think the post-game in MH sucks and I have no interest in it.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #244 on: April 04, 2021, 06:48:21 PM »
ど助平

Bebpo

« Reply #245 on: April 04, 2021, 06:55:13 PM »
Yeah, I watched that. Money is pretty tight in this game as they made the armor forging/weapon forging and upgrading ridiculously expensive. Like each endgame armor piece costs something like 30,000 to forge so a full set can be 150,000 then upgrading can be 20,000+ each for another 100,000.

I grabbed the pieces in that video with the skills to do it if I run out of money but so far I've just barely been making it and have enough money each time I make a new armor piece or weapon and then am back to close to close to 0.

Tasty

« Reply #246 on: April 04, 2021, 07:50:56 PM »
I never seem to worry about money in MH :thinking Maybe I don't upgrade shit enough.

Bebpo

« Reply #247 on: April 04, 2021, 09:08:11 PM »
When you're heading to meet your team on the way to the monster from the starting camp and your team gets 2 carts before you even get to the monster  :doge

We still cleared it without another cart

What the fuck happened in those first few minutes  :doge

Oh and this was on Almudron HR
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:14:33 PM by Bebpo »

Bebpo

« Reply #248 on: April 04, 2021, 09:10:02 PM »
Also Magnamalo HR is some real legit MH fighting. Can't believe they didn't make him an Elder like Nergigante. Fighting him HR is super intense when he's all in hyper mode. Hard to even keep track of him camera-wise. I got rammed like twice when I lost track of him when he's teleport dashing around the area.

And of course for Gunblade's one and only damage skill Artillery, the decorations require you to grind Magnamalo HR  :lol

Unlocked the final boss, but still need to do Tigrex HR. So will do both of those next session and get to whatever post-game there is or isn't currently.

Bebpo

« Reply #249 on: April 05, 2021, 01:39:31 AM »
Was wondering why I was having more trouble finding people for the final boss than any other monster hunt. Then I got in and remembered that MH has dumb gimmick final boss fights that no one wants to grind lol

Beat it, yeah no ending, no post-game, no endgame. Pretty much all that's left is grind out weapons/gear on monsters you've already cleared. I started going back and doing the village quests which I left off on 3star and it takes me about 2-3 mins per hunt to kill them with my current gear haha. Useful if I ever need some LR mats I guess.

It is a shame you miss all these neat monster intro cutscenes when you encounter them for the first time in the hub. The cutscenes only play on the village quests. I feel like I missed most of the story just playing through the game in the hub with other people.

Will start grinding I guess. Interested in what the April title update will bring besides just Chameleon.

Bebpo

« Reply #250 on: April 05, 2021, 12:42:04 PM »
So rating the new monsters (or ones that are so old I forgot them and think they're new now):

Baggi/Izuchi/Wroggi - ZZZZZ, waste of space. World introduced Kula-Yaku & Pukei Pukei who are great and they are here as the entry level small guys, so why did we need 3 more of these entry monsters? Should've just kept 1 + Kula-Yaku/Pukei and ditched the other two. I think Kula & Pukei really show how the monster design shone in World since they took base entry monsters and made them really memorable with Kula's rock holding stuff and Pukei's tongue stuff.

Aknosom - Good first real original monster. Could be more aggressive. An issue I have with like 95% of the new monsters is even in HR they don't feel enough of a threat. Then you have stuff like Magnamalo who is the total opposite. Hopefully G-rank brings a scary aggressive Aknosom. It's moveset is good and design is good.

Tetradon - Ok. The fat thing just feels like a more mobile Zamtrios. Other than the fat thing (which I've never seen anyone actually hit by) he's just a boring big monster to beat on. Another monster that needs a more aggressive version to be interesting to fight. Fingers crossed for G-rank.

Bishaten - Really interesting moveset, but never seen it really matter with the mechanics because in LR/HR he's just too easy. Could be one of the best monsters if they make him tougher in G-rank. His fruit throw mixups and ways you can knock him down are really interesting. Honestly he's the kind of monster that I think would work better in World 2 given his moveset is closer to the World type monsters. Hopefully he makes the roster for the next one.

Somnacath / Almudron - Putting these together because they feel like the same boss to me. Snake thing, just one uses sleep one uses mud slowdown. Kinda redundant and I think they could've just used one of these. I like Somnacath better because if people aren't using sleep resistance can get caught off guard. Almudron...add it to another monster where I've never seen anyone get hit by most of its attacks so I don't even know what it does other than sit around and let you beat on it. Maybe in G-rank Almudron will be tougher.

Rakna Kadachi - Not sure about this one. Only fought it once and while it did good damage and could stun, it was really slow and stood in place a lot as a big easy to hit monster. For my slow build this was an easy fight since it stood still and let me wail on it. I need to fight it more to see if I like it.

Goss Harag - Pretty cool endgame badass monster. It's almost aggressive enough on HR and the fact it can stun you pretty easily and then walk up to you and basically one shot you makes it dangerous. The sword arms and color changes are cool. It's just a bit slow. If they make a variant of Goss Harag with faster movement/attack speed...fuck, will be Magnamalo tier. Kinda hope they do.

Magnamalo - Best new monster by far, definitely the reason it's the cover monster. Really aggressive, cool looking, very dangerous. The hellblight is interesting. Though I think Rise makes a lot of status effects trivial since you can just wirebug and they go away. In other games you actually need to spend time healing the status debuff which leaves you open. But yeah, great fight. Any variants or G-Rank is gonna be brutal.

Elder Dragons x 2 - Terrible. World's 4 Elders trounce these two. I'll take the worst elder in World Kushala Doara over these guys any day.

Overall I think if Rise didn't have a lot of World's best monsters and classic returning monsters like Tobi-Kadachi, Pukei, Kula, Rajang, Diablos, etc... that Rise's monster list would be a lot weaker than World's was. World had like 4 Rathian variants, but Rise has stuff like Ludroth and Jyura and all the entry ones. But I think overall counting all the monsters in the game they're about even. We just need some good endgame monsters added. I'd like Teostra back. Hell if they bring back Gore Magala I'll take back anything bad I say about this game. That's probably my favorite fight in GU.

G The Resurrected

« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2021, 11:49:19 AM »
Tasty were you still looking for a secondary controller? I’ve got a few near me at Bestbuy if you wanna know where to look and do the pickup/ship trick.

You snooze you lose. These things are freaking selling quicker than any pro controller I’ve seen yet. Still might be up at GameStop.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 12:07:51 PM by G The Resurrected »

Tasty

« Reply #252 on: April 06, 2021, 01:10:07 PM »
Thanks for the heads up anyways! :) Will look around.

Unfortunately(?) I've become more frugal since I originally wanted to buy it, so now I'm not even sure I really want it. :thinking

If I see it in person or something I'll pick it up, but I'm not going to put a big effort in at this point.

Bebpo

« Reply #253 on: April 06, 2021, 06:37:38 PM »
Tasty, you playing the MP yet?

Every person that convinced me to get Rise instead of waiting for the PC port because they wanted to play MP...isn't playing it MP  :lol Played through the whole game with randoms. Haven't felt any interest in loading it up since clearing the hub. Will jump back if friends start doing HR MP stuff.

Tasty

« Reply #254 on: April 06, 2021, 07:31:49 PM »
Nope. :P I think I'm socially-anxious when it comes to online games for some reason.

Maybe we can play together soon. :) Maybe Thursday night? Or anytime on the weekend.

Bebpo

« Reply #255 on: April 06, 2021, 08:10:10 PM »
Either sounds good. Just hit me up.

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #256 on: April 06, 2021, 08:39:48 PM »
You guys all trying to finish the content before the update drops at the end of the month?

Originally no, but I got hooked pretty bad. My life is basically work->gym->This game until I'm too tired to play anymore->sleep->repeat  :doge

I still have some HR7 hub stuff to do because I've been farming random monsters and messing around with different weapons.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #257 on: April 07, 2021, 12:22:41 PM »
Taking it pretty slowly myself. Just did the village license test 3. (Which skips me right into High Rank in the hub I think.)

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #258 on: April 09, 2021, 05:07:46 AM »
Come on... Jyuratodus as the HR5 entry quest? Even the Royal Ludroth would've been better.

Tasty

« Reply #259 on: April 09, 2021, 09:47:00 AM »
Royal Ludroth is love <3

Shaka Khan

• Leather Jihadist
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2021, 01:03:47 PM »
This game :rejoice

Since my last MonHun was Tri Ultimate, it’s taking me a little while to get used to all the new features, systems, and QoL changes. I can’t believe how fast paced this game has become. Palamutes and Wirebugs :bow
Unzip

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #261 on: April 13, 2021, 11:10:26 AM »
Almost at the end myself. Got only the
spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tigrex, Rajang
[close]
and the final boss left.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #262 on: April 14, 2021, 09:26:47 AM »
Did any of you actually give that Monster Hunter Stories game a try? And is it any good?

Himu

« Reply #263 on: April 14, 2021, 01:06:10 PM »
Got the demo and tried it out. First MonHun I've played in ages. I forgot how to play MH  :doge Went with GH because I always play LS and wanted something different this time. I was really confused because it's so different than LS. In the end, I liked it a lot! Any tips for GH and the overall game would be nice because all this warping and jumping and stuff is new to me in MH. Haven't played one since 3 on 3ds.
IYKYK

Tasty

« Reply #264 on: April 14, 2021, 01:55:19 PM »
Was GH autocorrected from "GS"? If not, ignore. :P But if so:

GS is a dance between sheathed and un-sheathed. Managing rolls, dodges, stamina, and sharpness all at the same time is paramount.

The meatiest hits are charged hits (hold X.) There are three levels, which combo into each other -- level 3, aka "True Charge Slash" can often outright stun some monsters and frequently snaps tails. Protip: hold the left control stick in a direction while comboing to skip an intermediary attack ("Side Blow") in the combo.

For Rise(/World?) they added a shoulder bash: press A when charging/holding X. This will let you "skip" an entire charge step, and let you prolong the combo "indefinitely." Definitely don't keep yourself open to attack for long, though.

You should also liberally use the Silk Bind "Power Sheathe," aka ZL + A. This does three things at once for a low cost (one Wirebug charge): gets you out of harms way, sheathes your sword so you're immediately mobile, *and* powers up your next attack(s).

This has some OK tips with visual demonstrations:

Tasty

« Reply #265 on: April 14, 2021, 02:10:14 PM »
That post was shitty for general Rise tips, woops.😬 You should be OK coming from third gen, just take some time to get familiar with the Wirebug and you'll be golden:

Akala

• Easy Victor
« Reply #266 on: April 14, 2021, 03:49:57 PM »

game is pretty great.

Himu

« Reply #267 on: April 14, 2021, 05:04:35 PM »
Yeah, I meant GS. Sorry.

I'm confused about the modern MH elements too, like the flashy jump thing.
IYKYK

remy

« Reply #268 on: April 19, 2021, 11:11:29 PM »
My main tip with the bug is to use the zl X and ZL Y shortcuts to move around when sheathed instead of trying to aim it manually with zl zr.

I'm still playing this. My game clock is about 100 hours  :doge I've moved from Switch Axe to Charge Blade, to Sword and Shield and now to Insect Glaive. Got to admit, IG feels really good/maybe a bit too easy now I've got the hang of it. I mostly use the aerial moves when a monster is downed or I have some kind of huge opening. Otherwise I go ham with the ground combos and dodge around the monster with evade extender.

CB movement really feels like shit after you run around with weapons like IG and SNS. SnS Shoryuken is even a more fun version of CB guard pointing, IMO.

IDK what I'm trying to say other than I kinda don't vibe with CB in this game.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:31:32 PM by remy »

Baiano19

« Reply #269 on: April 20, 2021, 08:10:23 AM »
So rating the new monsters (or ones that are so old I forgot them and think they're new now):

Baggi/Izuchi/Wroggi - ZZZZZ, waste of space. World introduced Kula-Yaku & Pukei Pukei who are great and they are here as the entry level small guys, so why did we need 3 more of these entry monsters? Should've just kept 1 + Kula-Yaku/Pukei and ditched the other two. I think Kula & Pukei really show how the monster design shone in World since they took base entry monsters and made them really memorable with Kula's rock holding stuff and Pukei's tongue stuff.

Aknosom - Good first real original monster. Could be more aggressive. An issue I have with like 95% of the new monsters is even in HR they don't feel enough of a threat. Then you have stuff like Magnamalo who is the total opposite. Hopefully G-rank brings a scary aggressive Aknosom. It's moveset is good and design is good.

Tetradon - Ok. The fat thing just feels like a more mobile Zamtrios. Other than the fat thing (which I've never seen anyone actually hit by) he's just a boring big monster to beat on. Another monster that needs a more aggressive version to be interesting to fight. Fingers crossed for G-rank.

Bishaten - Really interesting moveset, but never seen it really matter with the mechanics because in LR/HR he's just too easy. Could be one of the best monsters if they make him tougher in G-rank. His fruit throw mixups and ways you can knock him down are really interesting. Honestly he's the kind of monster that I think would work better in World 2 given his moveset is closer to the World type monsters. Hopefully he makes the roster for the next one.

Somnacath / Almudron - Putting these together because they feel like the same boss to me. Snake thing, just one uses sleep one uses mud slowdown. Kinda redundant and I think they could've just used one of these. I like Somnacath better because if people aren't using sleep resistance can get caught off guard. Almudron...add it to another monster where I've never seen anyone get hit by most of its attacks so I don't even know what it does other than sit around and let you beat on it. Maybe in G-rank Almudron will be tougher.

Rakna Kadachi - Not sure about this one. Only fought it once and while it did good damage and could stun, it was really slow and stood in place a lot as a big easy to hit monster. For my slow build this was an easy fight since it stood still and let me wail on it. I need to fight it more to see if I like it.

Goss Harag - Pretty cool endgame badass monster. It's almost aggressive enough on HR and the fact it can stun you pretty easily and then walk up to you and basically one shot you makes it dangerous. The sword arms and color changes are cool. It's just a bit slow. If they make a variant of Goss Harag with faster movement/attack speed...fuck, will be Magnamalo tier. Kinda hope they do.

Magnamalo - Best new monster by far, definitely the reason it's the cover monster. Really aggressive, cool looking, very dangerous. The hellblight is interesting. Though I think Rise makes a lot of status effects trivial since you can just wirebug and they go away. In other games you actually need to spend time healing the status debuff which leaves you open. But yeah, great fight. Any variants or G-Rank is gonna be brutal.

Elder Dragons x 2 - Terrible. World's 4 Elders trounce these two. I'll take the worst elder in World Kushala Doara over these guys any day.

Overall I think if Rise didn't have a lot of World's best monsters and classic returning monsters like Tobi-Kadachi, Pukei, Kula, Rajang, Diablos, etc... that Rise's monster list would be a lot weaker than World's was. World had like 4 Rathian variants, but Rise has stuff like Ludroth and Jyura and all the entry ones. But I think overall counting all the monsters in the game they're about even. We just need some good endgame monsters added. I'd like Teostra back. Hell if they bring back Gore Magala I'll take back anything bad I say about this game. That's probably my favorite fight in GU.

Great analysis and I agree with most of it.

I main double blade and long sword (tested a bit of switch axe and had tons of fun), but my main gripe is how easy they made the game.

It's almost impossible to cart 3 times ( I think that happened to me once...) And most monster I managed to hunt on the first try.

I don't even consider myself a vet, I only played Tri Ultimate ( well, a lot... But still).

Like you I hope G-rank bring some challenge. With dual blade even Magnamalos and Goss Harag felt trivial to me.

Bebpo

« Reply #270 on: April 20, 2021, 11:54:22 AM »
Still waiting for that April title update with new content...

remy

« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2021, 02:02:22 AM »
I have high hopes for the difficulty in DLC. Some of the late game monsters, Goss, Magna and Rahkna play off the wirebugs in fun, intuitive ways. I think travelling further down that path could make for some really fun encounters

Bebpo

« Reply #272 on: April 27, 2021, 02:29:28 PM »
Today's update:

-uncapped HR rank
-3 new/returning Elder Dragons (Chameleos, Teostra, Kushala Doara)
-Rampage only Apex monsters have non-Rampage regular fights now (not sure if all of them)
-Apex Diablos & Apex Rathalos added
-Can craft layered armor

Ending still coming in May update which going by this I assume means very end of May in a month.

Bebpo

« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2021, 01:46:35 AM »
Tasty, did you get to HR7 at this point?

My friend who convinced me to get MH along with you was like hey you free to play Rise tonight? And I'm like, HR7? New Elder fights? And he's like nah, I'm still only HR4  :lol

Still don't have anyone to play current stuff with. Will probably do the new Elders/Apex fights with randoms later this week or the weekend.

Tasty

« Reply #274 on: April 29, 2021, 10:48:06 PM »
I've been playing too much Pac-Man, sorry man :(

Tasty

Re: Monster Hunter Rise
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2021, 10:50:52 AM »
Been cooling off on ACNH so started this back up in earnest. Finished my low rank Zinogre armor and managed to upgrade my GS to have quite a bit of blue sharpness and 190 base ATK (Kamura Ninja Cleaver.)

I also finished every single Village/single-player quest. I'm weird in that I need to do that every MH before I go online. I get anxiety that I'm not good enough and my armor sucks and I'll cart 3x and ruin everyone's day lol.

But now that that's out of the way I've been doing Hub quests in earnest, and holy shit, this game is so goddamn fun.

Auto-crafting is lit.

Doggos and being able to sharpen with a whetstone while riding is lit. (I even customized my starter Palamute with layered armor and white color like my dog in real life, and even named her the same. :P)

Wirebug is fucking lit, both traversal and added attacking combos. I booted up Breath of the Wild and freedom feels clunky and limited in comparison.

But most of all...

JOIN REQUESTS RULE.

Especially joining someone else's via the quest board, hot damn I've been just chewing through my required quests. I'm still HR6 but wouldn't surprise me if I've unlocked my HR this week. World probably introduced Join Requests and they single-handedly take the online MH experience from merely "addicting" to full-on synthetic brain-cocaine.

Would love to join hunts with anyone here, especially once I unlock my HR and finally catch up with all you guys lol.

PS- I also purchased some DLC for this since I was having such a good time. $4 for the piano music is so worth it, not sure about anyone else but the vocal tracks were getting grating to me. Being able to swap them out with chill piano renditions has made my playtime even more enjoyable and hard to put down.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I also got some stickers and Buddy Handler Iori's voice since he says "No hard feelings" when carving a defeated monster, which is what I feel on the inside, man.
[close]

All in all not a bad $11 spent. I'd have gotten some poses or gestures but there's really no good ones. They removed and still haven't added back the one I used most in MHGU: sitting/relaxing on the ground. :maf

Also this came out last week.

Tasty

« Reply #276 on: August 18, 2021, 03:22:31 AM »
- Unlocked my HR up to 999 -- currently Hunter Rank 42. Beat a few elder dragons. Join Requests continue to be the best thing since sliced bread.

- I keep getting better with the Wirebug and it's so much fun to just play around with. Gonna miss it when the next game ditches it, Game Freak-style. Pretty sure Palamutes will stick around though, which is good.

- Crafted one of the best Great Swords in the game, Tigrex Great Sword, and finished changing out my low-rank Zinogre gear for the high-rank version. Sitting pretty with 216 ATK and 323 DEF with white sharpness, baybee. 8)

- Decided to try crafting the final version of each line in the Great Sword tree, just so I have some goals. I still have some "???" weapons, wondering when those will finally open up.

- Still need to set up a few camps, the ones I have already make getting around soooo much easier. Another great addition from World, I assume.

- Still haven't touched Petalaces, Buddy Armor, or Melding much yet. This game has so many subsystems and so much content, it almost feels like an old MMO. Glad I learned all about Meowcenaries, the Argosy, and Buddy Training in past games.

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #277 on: August 18, 2021, 05:59:30 AM »
U got mh stories 2 as well Tasty?
What

Tasty

« Reply #278 on: August 18, 2021, 09:15:16 PM »

Nah. MH has a cool world I guess but I'm here for the gameplay, specifically the core gameplay loop and Great Sword combos. A new JRPG would have to do something pretty different to catch my interest (NEO) or be called Pokemon because I'm a fucking whore.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #279 on: August 25, 2021, 01:19:06 PM »
ど助平

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: August 25, 2021, 01:55:49 PM »

Nah. MH has a cool world I guess but I'm here for the gameplay, specifically the core gameplay loop and Great Sword combos. A new JRPG would have to do something pretty different to catch my interest (NEO) or be called Pokemon because I'm a fucking whore.

It is a bit like Pokemon tho isnt it?
What

Bebpo

« Reply #281 on: August 25, 2021, 02:34:18 PM »

:snore

Wake me up when we start getting some new monsters again.

Tasty

« Reply #282 on: August 27, 2021, 11:27:50 AM »

Maybe I'll check it out. Flying seems fun and I'm pleasantly surprised how many core game elements are front and center.

But yeah that "monstie" thing... there a JP voice option? Lol.

Tasty

« Reply #283 on: August 28, 2021, 06:29:18 PM »
Join Requests consider to rule. Up to Hunter Rank 66.

Layered Armor is awesome! Was sad I was having to give up my sweet Zinogre armor (fully upgraded to lvl 11), but Layered Armor totally solves that problem.

I've really settled into the game. Will be HR 99 and fighting my bro Valstrax from GU soon. 8)

Tasty

« Reply #284 on: September 18, 2021, 02:42:15 AM »

Bebpo

« Reply #285 on: September 18, 2021, 03:05:22 AM »
Graphically that actually looks really good gfx!

Tasty

« Reply #286 on: September 18, 2021, 04:01:13 AM »
I love the rocket effect. :lol Great application of layered armor.

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #287 on: September 23, 2021, 08:32:43 PM »

Maybe I'll check it out. Flying seems fun and I'm pleasantly surprised how many core game elements are front and center.

But yeah that "monstie" thing... there a JP voice option? Lol.
If you're down for turned based combat, I'd highly recommend it. It has a surprising amount of traditional MonHun stuff baked in despite it being somewhat simplified (like the armor being just one piece). The post-launch support has been decent too. I'm close to 200 hours already which is over double what I put into World lol.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #288 on: September 23, 2021, 10:45:18 PM »
ど助平

Tasty

« Reply #289 on: May 31, 2022, 03:36:56 PM »
Chasing The 'Real' Monster Hunter Rise Ending Has Restored My Faith In Online Gaming

Can't wait for Sunbreak! Wish I could crossplay with my Steam brethren tho.

Tasty

Re: Monster Hunter Rise · Sunbreak dawning June 30th
« Reply #290 on: June 13, 2022, 09:57:44 PM »

Demo tomorrow!! :hyper

Let's Cyber

• Banned (duration pending)
« Reply #291 on: June 17, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »
Rise is half off in the eShop so I said fuck it. I "finished" World (final boss) but never did any post game or Iceborne.

Only about 5 hours in so far but...

Palamutes fix a lot of my problems with World TBH, they just help speed everything up. Being able to sprint after monsters while sharpening/healing is a godsend. Wirebug moves are neat and aid in just faster traversal overall. I rocked Kinsect blade for most of World and it was like, the worst starter weapon.  :lol Just too much going on. Using Longsword this time around to keep it a bit more simple.

If this really manages to grab me, I'll def pick up Sunbreak.

Bebpo

« Reply #292 on: June 17, 2022, 08:11:24 PM »
Sunbreak is the first MH I'm skipping in years.

I tried going back to Rise with the title updates like the true ending but I just lost all interest/motivation in MH. Also feel like I've forgotten how to play and it's weird going back to a game you're really far in.

Basically need an all new fresh start MH at this point to get me interested, but even W2 is gonna have to bring a lot new to the table or I might pass on it too. MH is great, but just feel burned out on the series.

At least give me some new weapons soon. This drip feed of a few new moves each game to existing weapons is zzz.

Tasty

« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2022, 11:05:58 PM »

Some of these new mons looking :o :lawd

Tasty

« Reply #294 on: September 29, 2022, 05:04:02 PM »

Sunbreak Title Update 2 is out today. Haven't had time to play in a while but I always come back to MH. Something about getting into the flow of my weapon and dodging monster attacks just zens me out. Gonna fire it up tonight. 8)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #295 on: December 02, 2022, 09:17:02 AM »
Coming to xbox one/series, gamepass, and ps4/5 on 1/20/23.  Definitely gonna jump in with my friends that played MHW

Svejk

« Reply #296 on: December 02, 2022, 03:24:45 PM »
Rise has Palicos?!  :ohhh  I may look into this port then.