Author Topic: The Second Impact. BEZOS and the Last Angel. It's exactly like 15 years ago.  (Read 3813 times)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
https://m.

August 13th on Amazon Prime, Shinji will get in the goddamn robot one last time. :lawd
©@©™

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: We’re less than a week away…
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 03:49:52 AM »
:confused

infowars is coming to amazon?
(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 06:25:14 AM »
We need an Asuka emoji  :hmph
🤴

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 07:13:38 AM »
:asuka
(ice)

Tasty

On Friday, August 13... bye bye, all of Evangelion.

I love you more than you'll ever know.

Tasty

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2021, 10:38:43 AM »
I should have known Joe would take up the Eva charge while I was gone. Feel free to merge threads. :doge

Really excited for this. Would have never thought I'd see this legally the same year it was released in Japan.

First (and last) piece of new Eva media released while I'm actually a fan... (Been a while since 3.0/2012.) I think I'm ready.😤

spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm not ready :tocry
[close]

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
I've never watch a single ep, is it good  ???

Tasty

I've never watch a single ep, is it good  ???

If you like 90s anime and/or mecha stuff it's pretty great. Goes from standard tropes (done well) to a more introspective/head-fucky place towards the end, but it's overall a fun anime. Hard not to feel something for the characters too, which is rare in any medium (from my perspective.)

It's like, some people enjoy and seek out eurojank games. It's not anything objective, but how you react to it.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
It's worth it just to get to The End of Evangelion which is absolutely fantastic.

Pissy F Benny

(ice)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
Well at least the internet didn't make their meme president this time :trumps
🤴

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I rewatched 2.22 last night. It's my first time rewatching the Rebuild movies since 3.33 came out on Blu-Ray (2014) because it felt bad to watch them knowing that Part 4 was years away at best, and at worse Hideaki Anno had just gotten bored of the whole thing and abandoned the project all together. But now that the final part is coming out, I feel like I can finally really sit down and enjoy them for the first time.

:rejoice

©@©™

Tasty

It's worth it just to get to The End of Evangelion which is absolutely fantastic.

End of Eva stands alongside Satoshi Kon projects as my personal pinnacle for 2D animated film.

Tasty

I rewatched 2.22 last night. It's my first time rewatching the Rebuild movies since 3.33 came out on Blu-Ray (2014) because it felt bad to watch them knowing that Part 4 was years away at best, and at worse Hideaki Anno had just gotten bored of the whole thing and abandoned the project all together. But now that the final part is coming out, I feel like I can finally really sit down and enjoy them for the first time.

I went through them all last year in prep for 3.0+1.0, loved seeing the progression from "what you know" to "what you know, with some twists" to "you don't fucking know anything."

I ponder and meditate over 3.33 (and End of Eva) a lot.

Was always worried how the 3D integrated visuals would age but they really haven't. Love Rebuild.

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Yeah, the movies still look great. I loved the scene of early morning in Tokyo-III, with all the mirrors turning to face the sun and rail lines switching tracks. Gonna watch 3.33 tonight.

©@©™

Tasty

Yeah, the movies still look great. I loved the scene of early morning in Tokyo-III, with all the mirrors turning to face the sun and rail lines switching tracks. Gonna watch 3.33 tonight.

Yeah I mean, 1.0 was fucking 2007. They cleaned stuff up for 1.01 and 1.11 but it's still incredible almost 15 years later (JESUS CHRIST). Were there even contemporary anime in 2007 integrating 3D to compare to? Most of the stuff I've seen even years later is Reboot-level lmao.

2.22 and 3.33 look even better.

Tasty

Fyi Tiffany Grant is apparently super bitter over the Netflix dub. :lol

I think she got announced for the new Rebuild dubs apparently coming down the pipe, so she should be happy with that at least. Hopefully she gets to finish off the role with 3.0+1.0 next year or something, she's been Asuka for almost 25 years now. I hope she gets closure.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-08-07/amazon-prime-video-lists-new-english-dub-cast-for-1st-3-rebuild-of-evangelion-films/.175998

I'm only speculating here but I think Anno/Khara were so upset with the original 3.0 dub that they severed ties with Funimation after its release. The Netflix dub was in-house IIRC, and the new Rebuild dubs are apparently by some outfit called "Dubbing Brothers USA". ???

team filler

• filler
  • filler
do I gotta watch the movies to keep up with the story  ??? I p much never bother with movies and just stick to the show with everything.

sometimes I do wonder if I should check out some of the one piece movies, but it seems like retread of what I already watched  :thinking

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
do I gotta watch the movies to keep up with the story  ??? I p much never bother with movies and just stick to the show with everything.

sometimes I do wonder if I should check out some of the one piece movies, but it seems like retread of what I already watched  :thinking

The movies are basically an alternate timeline from the show. They start out covering the same ground as the show, but then turn into a different thing.
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
I'll just watch the movies and not bother with the show  :success

Tasty

I'll just watch the movies and not bother with the show  :success

It won't ruin the experience. My advice would be start with the show, though.

Tasty

Good, or don't be.

She said, “Don’t make others suffer for your personal hatred.”

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Tasty

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
I haven’t heard for sure
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator

Rewatched Episodes 25 & 26 today mostly because you posted this. :lol Also rewatched EoE just to be refreshed on all previous endings.
©@©™

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
©@©™

Tasty

All Rebuilds are live on Prime Video.

REBUILD MARATHON GO TIME!!!

The legacy of Eva.

Tasty

Very high quality shirt material, I get the impression it's gonna last. Which is good since I intend to wear it when I stream the  3.0+1.0 dub in 2025.

Wearing this all day today. :rejoice

team filler

• filler
  • filler

The legacy of Eva.
what's this rebuild stuff?

Tasty

The legacy of Eva.
what's this rebuild stuff?

Officially, Evangelion is divided into two continuities.

The 26-episode anime + End of Evangelion, all released in the 90s.

And the four movies collectively called "Rebuild of Evangelion", released as 1.11, 2.22, 3.33, and 3.0+1.0. These correspond to the release dates in my original post.

1.11 and 2.22 recap the series up to about episode 24 with minor-but-actually-kinda-major differences. 3.33 and 3.0+1.0 are completely new material.

Tasty

Finished 1.11 and halfway through 2.22 now. First new observation on this rewatch having seen the series last year is they've actually softened Gendo quite a bit. Super interested to see where this leads.

Tasty

Neon Genesis Evangelion debuted on October 4, 1995.

<12 years>

The first Rebuild film was released on September 1, 2007.

<14 years>

The final Rebuild film was released on March 8, 2021.

:mindblown

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
:rejoice The birth of a new world….Neon Genesis. :rejoice
©@©™

team filler

• filler
  • filler
just got through the opening of the first ep  :whew dat was a bop  :rimshot

feel like I heard it before, it's familiar  :thinking

team filler

• filler
  • filler
shinji the mary sue  ::)

Tasty

Tasty

thetylerrob

:'(

Bye bye all of Evangelion

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
Man, 3.0+1.0 was so good.
©@©™

Tasty

I am done.

I am spent.

To say this delivered is the understatement of a lifetime.

I have so much to say but it'll have to come in a future post.

Everything I wanted deep down in my heart but feared to hope for was delivered upon in the absolutely most-perfect package.

∞ / 10

team filler

• filler
  • filler

Tasty

Tasty

3.0+1.0 spoilers
Kaworu...

KAWORU!!!!!!! :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat :rejoice :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat :heartbeat
[close]

Tasty

serious spoilers

My boy!!! My beautiful gray haired beauty is all grown up!!!!
[close]

Rahxephon91

I hate these movies,so I'm happy to finally end this whole thing.

General vibe spoilers
Wasn't what I was expecting but also, when has this series ever been?  I really liked the "set" imagery.  Had more of a 25+26 vibe than an EoE vibe overall.
[close]

Bebpo

Oh god this was so bad.

Somehow it's even worse than 3.0. Re-watching the back half of 3.0 before watching this, 3.0 has issues but at least it's pretty well directed still and stylish and the end stuff is interesting.

4.0 is just so.fucking.dull. It's poorly directed, especially if you try to compare it to EoE, and the story is mind-bogglingly uninteresting. What should have been the EoE major exciting shit ended up being the least exciting movie of the 4.

Considering Anno did a good job with Shin Godzilla, it doesn't seem like Anno's lost his touch, but rather that he just buckled under the pressure to finally end Eva and crapped out a shitter of a bland movie.

The Shinji vs Eva final boss was the worsttttttt
[close]

BLEH, the one bright spot is this doesn't retcon the original series & EoE particularly so we still have those masterpieces and we'll always have 2.0, an extremely good and well directed modern Eva film that setup plenty of potential for Rebuild to go interesting places...and then that never happened. SIGH.

Bebpo

I don't understand how anyone could like this. Did you people also like 3.0?

Why is this movie even 2.5 hours? Why is it a repeat of 3.0 and

Waste 40 mins of it with Shinji moping again?
[close]

4.0 starts off terrible and dull and it's all downhill from there!

Bebpo

Apparently this movie is being well received.

I don't get it. This movie makes me want to give up on anime it's so bland. It feels like if you took some random anime directed who directs NARUTO MOVIE #6 and asked him to write & direct a mainstream summer blockbuster conclusion to the Eva franchise.

Bebpo

I will keep harping on the final battle because if you asked me things I would never want to see in Evangelion before this movie I would have said

A Shinji in Eva 01  vs Evil Final Boss Gendo in Eva Ultimate battle
[close]

sigh, I'm just going to image Rebuild doesn't exist and stick to watching EoE every few years.

team filler

• filler
  • filler

team filler

• filler
  • filler
ep 4 with shinj at the movies watching the couple make out   :heart he's just like me  :rash

misato please look over me and tell me what to do  :uguu
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:38:03 PM by team filler »