Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1829228 times)

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #12180 on: January 26, 2022, 12:14:45 PM »
I bought an 'infinity' tealight candle holder and my missus called me a homophobic term.

What makes you so sure those two events are related?

His boyfriend probably handed it to her.

« Reply #12181 on: January 26, 2022, 12:26:41 PM »
Crypto discussion in Constructive has gotten boisterous enough that Royalan tried to reign it in. It did not work.

Quote from: Royalan
Seriously, y'all.

The discussion has been had; it's going in circles at this point.

A determination has been made, everything is still as Hecht explained.

For now, can we just try our best to keep this thread clear?
Quote from: Marossi
User threadbanned (permanent): if you have issues with a specific post then use the report function
Might as well be transparent with the "determination", because the only thing we got so far is "We're listening" while Cryptobros are allowed to roam free and defend their scam to the point of making whataboutism of developing countries situations.
Quote from: Hecht
Regarding NFTs and the like, this has been something we've gone back and forth on for a long damn time, and also spent today discussing it for a few hours. Think we have a path forward, we're gonna take some time to outline everything and hopefully we'll have something soon.
Quote from: Flammable D
User threadbanned
Seriously, y'all.

The discussion has been had; it's going in circles at this point.

A determination has been made, everything is still as Hecht explained.

For now, can we just try our best to keep this thread clear?
clear for what, it's not like anything else useful gets done in this thread

Quote from: B-Dubs
Knock off the nonsense. Stop taking your arguments in other threads into this one. It's not for that.
Quote from: Foot
While you're here, B-Dubs, could you add some clarification on why you closed that Troy Baker thread?
Quote from: Lightning Count
Until something gets done about NFT and crypto defence forces derailing threads, this discussion won;t end and there will be more threads about it.

Case in point the thread about the recent drop in Bitcoin value blew up once the defence force entered the picture.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 12:35:27 PM by nobody of note »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12182 on: January 26, 2022, 12:30:38 PM »
look if they really want to get crypto banned on era, all they have to do is start making disingenuously positive posts about it

just do a 180 and start a bunch of threads like "what's your favorite NFT?" and "look at this exciting opportunity!"

:idont
Uncle

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #12183 on: January 26, 2022, 12:40:30 PM »
look if they really want to get crypto banned on era, all they have to do is start making disingenuously positive posts about it

just do a 180 and start a bunch of threads like "what's your favorite NFT?" and "look at this exciting opportunity!"

I absolutely love that the ONE thing the mods have been consistent about (though never clear, like anything else) is something as painfully and fundamentally capitalist as cryptocurrency. Some left wingers they are.

:larry 

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #12184 on: January 26, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »
Prime Benji on the last page, folx. Cherish it.
hey

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12185 on: January 26, 2022, 12:41:39 PM »

I absolutely love that the ONE thing the mods have been consistent about (though never clear, like anything else) is something as painfully and fundamentally capitalist as cryptocurrency. Some left wingers they are.

:larry

yeah it's completely out of left field, there have to be multiple admins/mods who are into crypto
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #12186 on: January 26, 2022, 12:43:01 PM »
You really think users on Resetera can think for themselves when they make posts like this?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-days-is-it-until-next-saturday.544436/

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12187 on: January 26, 2022, 12:53:52 PM »
The head moderator for https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/ went on Fox News and they're having a bunch of meltdowns over it:

Meta_Digital
Eco-Anarchist 2 hours ago

If the Fox News interview has you concerned about Antiwork, then congratulations, you now know how it feels to be weaponized against your allies.

Don't be distracted by mass media narratives. They exist entirely to enlist you into being an enforcer for capitalist interests and turn you against your allies. Rise above the propaganda.
Code2008
·
1 hr. ago
Or you know, this mod could have:

A. Not done the interview.

B. Prepare for the interview.

C. Understand how Fox does their interviews (to push an agenda).

Other subs such as r/Cringetopia, r/WorkReform, r/SocialJusticeInAction, and several more are laughing at this incident. If you want someone to take a movement seriously, then try not shooting yourselves in the foot.

Next time, pick someone who has the interview skills necessary to actually put down an argument and able to flip the script back at the interviewer (or in Fox's case, the propaganda pusher).
Johnnycage456
·
2 hr. ago
I'm worried that anyone thought having that mod do the interview was a good idea.

It's baffling and tone deaf beyond belief.
AbolishWork
.com
-443 points
·
16 hours ago

The interview offer was given to the mods via mod mail and they specifically asked for me. I shared that with other mods and they all agreed that I was probably the best to do it because I've done other media.
breadbutterone
·
18 min. ago
Anti work died for your 2 mins of clout chase
They're deleting the video if it's posted, have been banning people for "transphobia" for mocking the moderator, and locking threads that do those or are too critical. All of which I've never seen before on a forum!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12188 on: January 26, 2022, 12:59:37 PM »
You really think users on Resetera can think for themselves when they make posts like this?
https://www.resetera.com/threads/how-many-days-is-it-until-next-saturday.544436/

kyuuji what the fuck is this  :mindblown
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #12189 on: January 26, 2022, 01:02:03 PM »
The head moderator for https://www.reddit.com/r/antiwork/ went on Fox News and they're having a bunch of meltdowns over it:

Meta_Digital
Eco-Anarchist 2 hours ago

If the Fox News interview has you concerned about Antiwork, then congratulations, you now know how it feels to be weaponized against your allies.

Don't be distracted by mass media narratives. They exist entirely to enlist you into being an enforcer for capitalist interests and turn you against your allies. Rise above the propaganda.
Code2008
·
1 hr. ago
Or you know, this mod could have:

A. Not done the interview.

B. Prepare for the interview.

C. Understand how Fox does their interviews (to push an agenda).

Other subs such as r/Cringetopia, r/WorkReform, r/SocialJusticeInAction, and several more are laughing at this incident. If you want someone to take a movement seriously, then try not shooting yourselves in the foot.

Next time, pick someone who has the interview skills necessary to actually put down an argument and able to flip the script back at the interviewer (or in Fox's case, the propaganda pusher).
Johnnycage456
·
2 hr. ago
I'm worried that anyone thought having that mod do the interview was a good idea.

It's baffling and tone deaf beyond belief.
AbolishWork
.com
-443 points
·
16 hours ago

The interview offer was given to the mods via mod mail and they specifically asked for me. I shared that with other mods and they all agreed that I was probably the best to do it because I've done other media.
breadbutterone
·
18 min. ago
Anti work died for your 2 mins of clout chase
They're deleting the video if it's posted, have been banning people for "transphobia" for mocking the moderator, and locking threads that do those or are too critical. All of which I've never seen before on a forum!

Goddamn, now a legion of 65+ yr Fox viewers who worked $100k union jobs handing hammers to people on tanker ships are never going to shut up on twitter.  Fuck this little weirdo.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12190 on: January 26, 2022, 01:02:51 PM »
What gender is this weekend?

How can you dislike Fox News, this is A-tier content.
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #12191 on: January 26, 2022, 01:06:02 PM »
This is red meat for distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, nintex.  cmon

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12192 on: January 26, 2022, 01:06:23 PM »
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #12193 on: January 26, 2022, 01:07:24 PM »
They need a summit

:ufup

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #12194 on: January 26, 2022, 01:18:02 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

“Banning everyone who says anything under the guise of “transphobia”.”

:ohhh

Noooo, that’s too crazy to work.

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #12195 on: January 26, 2022, 01:44:02 PM »

Here’s the interview if anyone’s interested.  3 minutes of pure cringe and mental illness. The dog walker part got me:

hey

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12196 on: January 26, 2022, 02:03:48 PM »

pretending that they a) work and b) people talk to them

marrec

« Reply #12197 on: January 26, 2022, 02:04:29 PM »
Y'all know what the end result of that disastrous interview is right?

"If you don't support the abolishment of work you are a TERF"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12198 on: January 26, 2022, 02:15:31 PM »

pretending that they a) work and b) people talk to them

I have learned an important multicultural lesson this day

a) british people say "at the weekend"

b) as unaware as yanks are that brits say this, brits may be equally unaware that yanks say "on the weekend" instead
Uncle

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #12199 on: January 26, 2022, 02:19:59 PM »
i'd call that fox interview a hatchet job, but an axe would've been superfluous. you could snip that wilted twig with a pair of scissors.

i think the problem with many nu-left types (and i'm massively on board with anyone who wants to skew their work life balance as much towards life as humanly possible) is that they're so fucking joyless. look at that fox host, he's an utter dick and he loves it. no-one wins arguments in real life through the content of what they're saying, it's how you say it. if you come across like some chair swivilling bag of aspergers no one is going listen anything you say.

this is the result of someone who is used to getting upvotes on reddit and doesn't understand that anyone can be compelling and charismatic from a keyboard.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:28:59 PM by headwalk »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12200 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:10 PM »
I have learned an important multicultural lesson this day

a) british people say "at the weekend"

b) as unaware as yanks are that brits say this, brits may be equally unaware that yanks say "on the weekend" instead

they're both used in vernacular british (unlike something like we generally refer to Corporations in the plural rather than the singular - apple are shit rather than apple is shit) but also "What did you do this weekend" is also commonly used.

This is just kyuuji being extra

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12201 on: January 26, 2022, 02:25:59 PM »

update: I went back to take a look at what was still being said and

Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #12202 on: January 26, 2022, 02:26:12 PM »
Instead of a piece on the rising income inequality in this country, lets find the weirdest strangeling on reddit to talk to about 'anti-work' -- a niche concept that lives in a hovel with neurodivergent reddit-dwellers.   Fucking distinguished mentally-challenged fellow network.

Superstar

« Reply #12203 on: January 26, 2022, 02:31:49 PM »
The fox News guy wasn't even asking any hard hitting questions. He could have torn way into him. The nod was just completely unprepared for even the most basic of questions and dug his own grave

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #12204 on: January 26, 2022, 02:33:26 PM »

Here’s the interview if anyone’s interested.  3 minutes of pure cringe and mental illness. The dog walker part got me:

Why is the sub called "Anti-Work" and the first wird out of her mouth is that it's a misconception that they don't want to work.

What's up with people who want moderate change but give their movements radical names and then get upset if misinterpreted?

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12205 on: January 26, 2022, 02:34:59 PM »
I bought an 'infinity' tealight candle holder and my missus called me a homophobic term.

Just whilst we're getting this stuff off our chests, all safe and valid and whatnot.

dude  :uguu

Guys we should like all meet and show off our candle holders
feggits
Spud

headwalk

• brutal deluxe
« Reply #12206 on: January 26, 2022, 02:37:02 PM »
Why is the sub called "Anti-Work" and the first wird out of her mouth is that it's a misconception that they don't want to work.

What's up with people who want moderate change but give their movements radical names and then get upset if misinterpreted?

it used to be essentially a "late stage capitalism" board where people went to bitch about how much work sucks and trying to find ways to game their way out of it, then of course it got infiltrated by forever online histrionic weirdos who saw it as a chance to achieve self importance through some mobilised political movement and drained it of any sense of fun, injecting it with a resetera brand of joyless impotentent righteousness.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 02:56:08 PM by headwalk »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12207 on: January 26, 2022, 02:46:37 PM »

Look at the camera when you do an interview you fucking aspy distinguished mentally-challenged fellow!

This is every Reeeeesetera moderator who ever existed in physical form.
Spud

Kurt Russell

« Reply #12208 on: January 26, 2022, 03:12:01 PM »
Look at the camera when you do an interview you fucking aspy distinguished mentally-challenged fellow!

This is every Reeeeesetera moderator who ever existed in physical form.

You're so diplomatic. Why don't you tell us what you really think?
woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12209 on: January 26, 2022, 03:13:11 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/massive-russian-military-buildup-near-ukraine.403393/page-48#post-80933543
User banned (1 week): trolling
No one has any problem with arming a bunch of neo nazis in Ukraine?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12210 on: January 26, 2022, 03:16:34 PM »
Anitwork has gone private
:O

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12211 on: January 26, 2022, 03:18:00 PM »
 :pika

james

« Reply #12212 on: January 26, 2022, 03:22:42 PM »
The people in subredditdrama and rebelling against the mods because they were deleting posts about antiwork.

SUBREDDITDRAMADRAMA

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/sdfd8f/moderator_of_rsubredditdrama_finally_allows/

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12213 on: January 26, 2022, 03:23:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/#post-80852372
The sad but true reality behind most isekai; If you're given the opportunity to do it all again, you're going to use all of that knowledge to be as debaucherous as possible. This is the case of a 50 year old man lusting after children and getting away with it because he's in the body of a child. There are other Isekais out there that recognize this fact that bring it up, the main character doing this over and over again is an active deliberate decision.
Also same user on the same page
Like...I think Jobless Reincarnation is a pretty good show.

I side eye anyone who puts it at their number one in the same way that I side eye anyone putting Shield Hero in their favorites.

But yeah, number 1 this year is an ongoing fight between Odd Taxi and Ranking of Kings. Nothing else came close.
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying Concerns of Underage Sexualization and Pedophilia over a Series of Posts
Game of Thrones has a lot of main characters do some stupid and vile shit and yet people stanned for it being one of the best tv shows in ages. Why does the exception apply here?
We have decided to lock this thread and not host discussion on the show due to the very problematic depiction of underage sexualization and pedophilia.
Says the admin defending a game that had teens nearly nude.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12214 on: January 26, 2022, 03:25:49 PM »

they're just 100% bad at expressing their own viewpoints verbally, statements along those lines are all over antiwork, just properly expressed

what they mean is it's a misconception that they want to sit at home engaging in nothing but leisure, they don't mind doing productive things, they just want it to be at their own whims and not because they're being paid to do it

the core ideals of the sub were originally far left communist anarchy, and its rise in popularity coincided with becoming lol I threw a pie at my boss and gave him the finger and walked out triumphantly
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12215 on: January 26, 2022, 03:33:38 PM »
TIL Reddit people are so sensitive there needs to be a r/subredditdramadrama sub

Lefty reddit all over is in shambles. This is who calls you a chud incel before they ban you. In between walking dogs for ten hours a week, of course.
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:38:24 PM by Potato »
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12216 on: January 26, 2022, 03:35:00 PM »
https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3vwjw/inside-the-online-movement-to-end-work-antiwork-sub-reddit

Antiwork—also known as the refusal of work—is nothing new. It’s a radical political philosophy with roots in Marxism and anarchism, developed by a handful of 20th and 21st-century thinkers united by a vision of a society where people no longer have to work—though they often diverge on what that society looks like, or how to get there. Members of r/antiwork describe themselves as “Idlers,” a tongue-in-cheek reference to the “idle hands” the Puritans feared. The subreddit started in 2013 as a quiet corner of the internet to discuss radical leftist ideas about ending work, but over the past two years, it has become a release valve for people all over the world looking to vent about bad bosses, ask for support in leaving their jobs, or simply share memes to pass the time.

The influx of new members and media attention has led to a novel set of tensions within the group. Palpable in the lengthy discussions about the merits of universal basic income and mass striking is a kind of culture clash between the long-time Idlers and new recruits, those who came to the subreddit out of an interest in anti-capitalist politics and those simply looking for advice on drawing boundaries, asking for more money, or gearing up for a career change.

“There are two sides to the antiwork community,” Penny said. “Some people are saying, ‘We shouldn't have to work at all’ and other people are saying that work just should be better.” The momentum around the subreddit raises a question familiar to many grassroots organizers: When you realize the system is deeply broken, do you try to change it or find a way to exist within it?

As r/antiwork has grown in size, some long-time Idlers have bemoaned an influx of “liberals”—people with more moderate, reformist ideas on work that people like Hubbard don’t necessarily see as compatible with anticapitalism. One post, titled “Don't let this sub become liberal,” has over 3,500 upvotes. “Seen a bunch of crap around lately like ‘all we want is fair pay and benefits,’” the post reads. “No. This sub has always been about actually reducing the amount of time we spend working and being in control of our own labour; controlling the means of production.” There’s even a meme about old antiwork v new.

“There has definitely been a shift,” Hubbard said. For one thing, she’s noticed a lot more memes on the site lately, especially ones about better benefits and pay raises. “I have nothing against memes—they’re fun!” Hubbard said. “But they tend to still be pro-capitalist. I try to explain, there's no such thing as benevolent capitalism.”

Victor told VICE that he was especially concerned by the revelation, in a recent survey, that a third of the site’s user base identifies not as anarchists or communists but as social democrats or progressives. Like Hubbard, he worries that this signals the group is leaning more moderate. “I think we can radicalize them,” he said. “It's not something we will push on them, but I hope that over time they will recognize these problems we’re seeing are inherent to our capitalist economic system.”
Uncle

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12217 on: January 26, 2022, 03:36:34 PM »
This is red meat for distinguished mentally-challenged fellows, nintex.  cmon
I never see reddit moderators on CNN. I applaud Fox News for engaging with these people and making the editorial decisions to reach out and give them a voice.
🤴

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12218 on: January 26, 2022, 03:37:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/#post-80852372
The sad but true reality behind most isekai; If you're given the opportunity to do it all again, you're going to use all of that knowledge to be as debaucherous as possible. This is the case of a 50 year old man lusting after children and getting away with it because he's in the body of a child. There are other Isekais out there that recognize this fact that bring it up, the main character doing this over and over again is an active deliberate decision.

I side eye anyone who puts it at their number one in the same way that I side eye anyone putting Shield Hero in their favorites.

But yeah, number 1 this year is an ongoing fight between Odd Taxi and Ranking of Kings. Nothing else came close.
User Banned (1 Month): Downplaying Concerns of Underage Sexualization and Pedophilia over a Series of Posts
Game of Thrones has a lot of main characters do some stupid and vile shit and yet people stanned for it being one of the best tv shows in ages. Why does the exception apply here?
We have decided to lock this thread and not host discussion on the show due to the very problematic depiction of underage sexualization and pedophilia.

Isn't it interesting how they're all quick to put that show down and jump on it for having a supposed pedophile main character, yet they know all about the show as if they've been watching every episode.

:curious
ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12219 on: January 26, 2022, 03:41:46 PM »

Isn't it interesting how they're all quick to put that show down and jump on it for having a supposed pedophile main character, yet they know all about the show as if they've been watching every episode.

:curious
I remember ResetEra ranked Made in Abyss as number one and had people defending the problematic scenes.  Hell, some even recommended that series to people new to anime :lol

james

« Reply #12220 on: January 26, 2022, 03:45:43 PM »
TIL Reddit people are so sensitive there needs to be a r/subredditdramadrama sub

No need for the spoiler, we all know that internet moderators are generally the least attractive and stable people in our society. Thats why Ive never been asked to be one.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12221 on: January 26, 2022, 03:51:12 PM »
Also, this guy was banned for "defending" the show despite never having even seen it.  He was just asking why they give other shows a pass.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/#post-80853359
Quote from: kayos90
Quote from: AoM
Yeah, I genuinely don't get it. There are so many other shows that have great characters, stories, themes without those elements. Having to point that out every time tells me everything I need to know.

Quote from: Hagi
not sure if serious
I haven't seen Mushoku Tensei. I only know aspects of the show from what others have told me. That being said, I just find it weird that the doors suddenly don't swing both ways from the outside looking in.

If the show was realistic and there was a chance that a person who already has shitty values and morals gets isekai'd to another world with his memories and experience in tact, then it would not surprise me that he would act shitty there. I'm not saying this is excusable behavior. What I don't understand is why a demonstration of a person acting questionable is not alright in this show vs a person action questionable is alright in another show. I think everyone in this thread can universally agree that this MC is shitbag. But just because the the show gets praised doesn't automatically mean people stand for the values that the MC holds. We can dissociate the two.

Bringing the morality into this, I think the questionable content in this show is unjustifiable. But just because it's unjustifiable doesn't mean that it shouldn't be presented. Not only that but it doesn't necessarily mean that's the sole value the show is encapsulated on. Unless the show is solely about this (which i certainly hope is not), I don't know if the earlier analogy still isn't apt.

:kermit
ど助平

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12222 on: January 26, 2022, 03:52:32 PM »

Lefty reddit all over is in shambles. This is who calls you a chud incel before they ban you. In between walking dogs for ten hours a week, of course.
[close]
The post-modern crackhouse microwave dumpster diving aesthetic  :snob
🤴

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12223 on: January 26, 2022, 03:55:25 PM »

[close]
That room really does look exactly like you would imagine
Spud

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12224 on: January 26, 2022, 03:56:25 PM »
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/MushokuTenseiJoblessReincarnation
Creepy Uncle: The web novel mentions that in his past life, he was sexually attracted to his underaged niece, and would spend his time masturbating to photos of her. Heck, he even went as far as to place a hidden camera in his niece's bathroom and record her cleaning herself. This aspect of him is removed from the LN, manga, and anime because it was too creepy even for a Lovable Sex Maniac protagonist.

:dayum :what :titus :wut :waluigi :info

https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-2#post-80855225
Quote from: abellwillring
I voted for Mushoku Tensei for best animation in the CR Awards -- it's astoundingly good to look at. I can understand why people can't get past it's problematic elements and I honestly wish they'd toned down the fanservice.. but the story is really damn good and they did a great job with the show. I'm excited to see some of the fights and Rudy's growth in s2. I will say that he faces some repercussions from the end of s1 going forward which some people may be happy to hear about.

:neogaf
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12225 on: January 26, 2022, 03:57:22 PM »
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/MushokuTenseiJoblessReincarnation
Creepy Uncle: The web novel mentions that in his past life, he was sexually attracted to his underaged niece, and would spend his time masturbating to photos of her. Heck, he even went as far as to place a hidden camera in his niece's bathroom and record her cleaning herself. This aspect of him is removed from the LN, manga, and anime because it was too creepy even for a Lovable Sex Maniac protagonist.

What the fuck is wrong with anime/manga fans?
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12226 on: January 26, 2022, 03:57:48 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/daily-covid-19-deaths-during-omicron-surpass-peak-in-delta-wave.544439/#post-80970140
I will never forget the thread where people said "Vaxxed and not going to wear mask anymore. Did my part!!!!"
They're still in here celebrating the deaths of the unvaxxed. Sick shit
:gurl Everyone on Ree does this all the time, even the vaxxed that wear masks.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12227 on: January 26, 2022, 04:00:19 PM »

What the fuck is wrong with anime/manga fans?

I don't know if "web novel" just means "dude putting some shit he wrote online," but if it was something professional, my question is what kind of editor would think that this was the kind of material worth putting out in a fantasy novel presumably aimed at teens?
ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12228 on: January 26, 2022, 04:01:17 PM »

https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-2#post-80855225
Quote from: abellwillring
I voted for Mushoku Tensei for best animation in the CR Awards -- it's astoundingly good to look at. I can understand why people can't get past it's problematic elements and I honestly wish they'd toned down the fanservice.. but the story is really damn good and they did a great job with the show. I'm excited to see some of the fights and Rudy's growth in s2. I will say that he faces some repercussions from the end of s1 going forward which some people may be happy to hear about.

:neogaf
Mods, you better ban that person :bolo

james

« Reply #12229 on: January 26, 2022, 04:02:28 PM »

[close]
That room really does look exactly like you would imagine

I love that the curtains are identical to this

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12230 on: January 26, 2022, 04:04:44 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-2#post-80857313
Quote from: Kewlmyc
Yeah, figured that Mushoku Tensei would be number one give Gigguk's other videos. I myself have got an odd history with the series, as I read all the web novels like 5 years ago or so. Never thought it would get an anime, but here we are.

It goes into the category of "stuff I ultimately enjoyed, but would never recommend to anyone" due to its problematic elements. It has some of the best writing, world building, and now thanks to the anime, animation and overall studio ambition of any isekai I've seen. However, all of that is a mute point if the main character turns you off of the show, which is 100% understandable (something Gigguk says in the video). Rudy does grow as a character overall during the course of the story, but it's a slow burn, and you see him at his absolute worse for most of the first season.

I actually really like stories with shitty protagonists, as long as they get their comeuppance (Death Note), grow and become better (Tales of the Abyss), or are made laughing stocks (Always Sunny). I'm conflicted on how I feel about Rudy, since a lot of his actions are shown to be wrong and he betters himself, but some of his actions, mostly his grooming and pedophilic actions, are never really scrutinize as much as they should be since no one outside of one character knows he's mentally 40+ years old. It's easily the worst aspect of the character, but given the least amount of in story criticism. It also doesn't help that the anime likes to add in fanservice scenes of its female characters in the series, some of which are anywhere between 8-15 years old. Shits gross.

Ultimately, I still like the series, but damn, as said before, this goes on the list with Made in Abyss in "series I like, but won't recommend to anyone due to gross/problematic elements." It's a damn shame too because the none gross stuff is really well done.

Here is a list I made before of examples of Rudy being a creep, for anyone who is curious.

MC at the start is an actual pedophile. Anyone telling you otherwise is just in denial about it. Before he died, he was caught jacking it to hidden camera footage he took of his niece in the bath (this is revealed in an extra released towards the end of the series). Once reincarnated, he steals the panties of his teacher, the blue haired one who is a 40 year old member of a race who stops aging once they're around 13-14 years old, make of that what you will. He then proceeds to make a personal religion around worshiping said stolen panties, which is used a joke throughout the rest of the series.

He meets a half-elf girl, who is around his physical age, who he befriends, then happily strips naked against her will so they can take a bath together. It's totally okay though because he thought she was a boy, make of that what you will, haha. He then gets ecstatic at the idea of finally having a girlfriend. Yes, this 8 year old girl.

Due to reasons, he ends up going to live with his cousin, who is 10 years old, so 2 years older than him. Typical redhead tsundere character. To make her not so violent and brattish, he decides that the best idea is to have her be faked kidnapped. Turns into a real kidnapping, shocker. Anyway, she mellows out and his extended family take an interest in him and decided to wed them off. To do this, on his 10th birthday, the girl's parents send her to his room in lingerie to seduce him. Yes. She's 12 and he's 10 btw. MC is ecstatic, describes her has "right in his strike zone", and head dives in, but she asks to put the thing on hold until they're both adults.

After that, shit happens and they end up on a multi year long journey around the world to get back to their home, alongside a chaperone. At one point, they run across enslaved cat/dog children (aka humans with cat/dog ears and tails). They're chained up and naked, and this makes MC excited for... reasons. Once the arc is over, the redhead makes good on their promise and they have sex (he's 13 and she's 15 btw). She then leaves to go train for years afterwards, and doesn't tell him, so he thinks she dumped him. He then gets erectile disfunction because of it and decides to go to magic school to find a cure. I'm not shitting you, that's the main motivation for half of the teenage arc of the story.

Magic school has him doing a variety of things, including helping his friend buy a slave, and tying two female bullies up to a chair and leaving them like that all day, to the point that they soil themselves, all because they broke a figurine of his. Afterward, the two bullies gain respect for him and call him "boss". He also meets up with his half-elf childhood friend, and eventually marries her due to her "solving" his ED through the power of love or some shit. He then later meets his blue haired teacher from before, and cheats on his wife with her, then gets guilted into marrying her as well. Redhead also shows back up and he marries her as well, so he now has 3 wives.

The rest of the story, with him as an adult, actually has him doing good on his "being a better person". He almost gives his life to save his family (has kids with all 3 wives), tries to stop a war from happening, makes peace with various factions, invents various things from our world to make everyone's lives more convenient, and ends slavery. But a lot of this happens in the epilogue of a 20+ volume story, so it takes a long time for him to become this "better person" that people state. And he still has 3 wives while being a better person, so make of that as you will.
[close]

Also sidenote, but discussing this series after the anime premiered is a fucking headache. Many takes are in two different extremes:

you think Rudy did nothing wrong and act as if he isn't a pedo (he 100% is)
    you think anyone who watches and enjoys the series in any way needs to be put on a list or is a pedo themselves, which is absurd.

That's the internet for you I guess.
\
:expert :drudge  :riot :drudge
ど助平

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12231 on: January 26, 2022, 04:06:41 PM »
There's something deliciously ironic about the moderators of r/antiwork working for a multibillion dollar company for free on a sub built around this as a core philosophy:

Antiwork—also known as the refusal of work—is nothing new. It’s a radical political philosophy with roots in Marxism and anarchism, developed by a handful of 20th and 21st-century thinkers united by a vision of a society where people no longer have to work—though they often diverge on what that society looks like, or how to get there. Members of r/antiwork describe themselves as “Idlers,” a tongue-in-cheek reference to the “idle hands” the Puritans feared. The subreddit started in 2013 as a quiet corner of the internet to discuss radical leftist ideas about ending work,
Spud

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12232 on: January 26, 2022, 04:07:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-2#post-80857313
Quote from: Kewlmyc
Yeah, figured that Mushoku Tensei would be number one give Gigguk's other videos. I myself have got an odd history with the series, as I read all the web novels like 5 years ago or so. Never thought it would get an anime, but here we are.

It goes into the category of "stuff I ultimately enjoyed, but would never recommend to anyone" due to its problematic elements. It has some of the best writing, world building, and now thanks to the anime, animation and overall studio ambition of any isekai I've seen. However, all of that is a mute point if the main character turns you off of the show, which is 100% understandable (something Gigguk says in the video). Rudy does grow as a character overall during the course of the story, but it's a slow burn, and you see him at his absolute worse for most of the first season.

I actually really like stories with shitty protagonists, as long as they get their comeuppance (Death Note), grow and become better (Tales of the Abyss), or are made laughing stocks (Always Sunny). I'm conflicted on how I feel about Rudy, since a lot of his actions are shown to be wrong and he betters himself, but some of his actions, mostly his grooming and pedophilic actions, are never really scrutinize as much as they should be since no one outside of one character knows he's mentally 40+ years old. It's easily the worst aspect of the character, but given the least amount of in story criticism. It also doesn't help that the anime likes to add in fanservice scenes of its female characters in the series, some of which are anywhere between 8-15 years old. Shits gross.

Ultimately, I still like the series, but damn, as said before, this goes on the list with Made in Abyss in "series I like, but won't recommend to anyone due to gross/problematic elements." It's a damn shame too because the none gross stuff is really well done.

Here is a list I made before of examples of Rudy being a creep, for anyone who is curious.

MC at the start is an actual pedophile. Anyone telling you otherwise is just in denial about it. Before he died, he was caught jacking it to hidden camera footage he took of his niece in the bath (this is revealed in an extra released towards the end of the series). Once reincarnated, he steals the panties of his teacher, the blue haired one who is a 40 year old member of a race who stops aging once they're around 13-14 years old, make of that what you will. He then proceeds to make a personal religion around worshiping said stolen panties, which is used a joke throughout the rest of the series.

He meets a half-elf girl, who is around his physical age, who he befriends, then happily strips naked against her will so they can take a bath together. It's totally okay though because he thought she was a boy, make of that what you will, haha. He then gets ecstatic at the idea of finally having a girlfriend. Yes, this 8 year old girl.

Due to reasons, he ends up going to live with his cousin, who is 10 years old, so 2 years older than him. Typical redhead tsundere character. To make her not so violent and brattish, he decides that the best idea is to have her be faked kidnapped. Turns into a real kidnapping, shocker. Anyway, she mellows out and his extended family take an interest in him and decided to wed them off. To do this, on his 10th birthday, the girl's parents send her to his room in lingerie to seduce him. Yes. She's 12 and he's 10 btw. MC is ecstatic, describes her has "right in his strike zone", and head dives in, but she asks to put the thing on hold until they're both adults.

After that, shit happens and they end up on a multi year long journey around the world to get back to their home, alongside a chaperone. At one point, they run across enslaved cat/dog children (aka humans with cat/dog ears and tails). They're chained up and naked, and this makes MC excited for... reasons. Once the arc is over, the redhead makes good on their promise and they have sex (he's 13 and she's 15 btw). She then leaves to go train for years afterwards, and doesn't tell him, so he thinks she dumped him. He then gets erectile disfunction because of it and decides to go to magic school to find a cure. I'm not shitting you, that's the main motivation for half of the teenage arc of the story.

Magic school has him doing a variety of things, including helping his friend buy a slave, and tying two female bullies up to a chair and leaving them like that all day, to the point that they soil themselves, all because they broke a figurine of his. Afterward, the two bullies gain respect for him and call him "boss". He also meets up with his half-elf childhood friend, and eventually marries her due to her "solving" his ED through the power of love or some shit. He then later meets his blue haired teacher from before, and cheats on his wife with her, then gets guilted into marrying her as well. Redhead also shows back up and he marries her as well, so he now has 3 wives.

The rest of the story, with him as an adult, actually has him doing good on his "being a better person". He almost gives his life to save his family (has kids with all 3 wives), tries to stop a war from happening, makes peace with various factions, invents various things from our world to make everyone's lives more convenient, and ends slavery. But a lot of this happens in the epilogue of a 20+ volume story, so it takes a long time for him to become this "better person" that people state. And he still has 3 wives while being a better person, so make of that as you will.
[close]

Also sidenote, but discussing this series after the anime premiered is a fucking headache. Many takes are in two different extremes:

you think Rudy did nothing wrong and act as if he isn't a pedo (he 100% is)
    you think anyone who watches and enjoys the series in any way needs to be put on a list or is a pedo themselves, which is absurd.

That's the internet for you I guess.
\
:expert :drudge  :riot :drudge

james

« Reply #12233 on: January 26, 2022, 04:08:13 PM »
Japan is an interesting place

james

« Reply #12234 on: January 26, 2022, 04:08:37 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12235 on: January 26, 2022, 04:15:17 PM »
Taco Bell Tower you don't have to like posts about uncles sexualizing their infant nieces
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12236 on: January 26, 2022, 04:17:17 PM »
Uncles or Uncle's? JK cuz you typed their
I know, you're right.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12237 on: January 26, 2022, 04:23:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-3#post-80884547
Quote from: WereSalamander
Mushoku Tensei, man this show....

Like yeah it tells you that what the MC is doing is wrong and the whole medieval world he reincarnates into is seriously fucked up. His father is a womanizer so bad even a sex-loving nymphomaniac character hates him, and the world has nobles sexually abusing the lower class up the wazoo. Some of the characters that are supposedly on the good side are some of the worst in this regard. If there's something to admire in this show it's the fact that no one is clear-cut good and everyone is a scumbag of some sort.

I guess it could be taken as a lesson that even someone as wretched as the MC can change into a better person and it's true, the MC does gradually change into a more mature person.

But this series suffers the same problem that shows like Kobayashi Maid Dragon, Bakemonogatari, and Sword Art Online experience. It's that the creator has some great ideas but sabotages their own story with their fetishes.

Like Maid Dragon is a warm, fluffy story of a multi-species family but then suddenly you've got Saikawa, Lucoa molesting a boy, and Iruru. The author of the original manga also draws hentai and they all feature a very specific fetish.

Bakemonogatari is intriguing and you've got complicated characters with strange, mythologically-inspired concepts, but then all of a sudden the MC's rampant pedophilia suddenly rams its face into the scene all of a sudden. Those Hachikuji scenes, sheesh.

And Sword Art Online could've been a fascinating dive into virtual reality, transhumanism, all that jazz but then has to go out of its way to treat its female characters as trophies for the main male lead.

Like if Mushoku wanted to tell the story as a redemption and maturation story for the MC they could've avoided him still worshiping panties, having sex with two of the girls before they're well into adulthood, and eventually turning it all into a male fantasy ending with him marrying all three of them.

Another "I hate all this disgusting filth- I've also watched all of it and have encyclopedic-level knowledge about it" post.
 :maduro

Top of the page wholesome cosplay from another filthy anime that era certainly watches hates  :nsfw
[close]
ど助平

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12238 on: January 26, 2022, 04:29:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/anime-ot-winter-2022-attack-on-backlog-season.534008/page-20#post-80858480
User Banned (Duration Pending Review): Sexism; History of Dismissing Misogyny
I like how DTL is correct about Fruits Basket and everyone just memes on it. That whole thing was not amusing.
DTL just gets three days ban.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #12239 on: January 26, 2022, 04:36:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-anime-of-2021-gigguk.543620/page-3#post-80884547
Quote from: WereSalamander
Mushoku Tensei, man this show....

Like yeah it tells you that what the MC is doing is wrong and the whole medieval world he reincarnates into is seriously fucked up. His father is a womanizer so bad even a sex-loving nymphomaniac character hates him, and the world has nobles sexually abusing the lower class up the wazoo. Some of the characters that are supposedly on the good side are some of the worst in this regard. If there's something to admire in this show it's the fact that no one is clear-cut good and everyone is a scumbag of some sort.

I guess it could be taken as a lesson that even someone as wretched as the MC can change into a better person and it's true, the MC does gradually change into a more mature person.

But this series suffers the same problem that shows like Kobayashi Maid Dragon, Bakemonogatari, and Sword Art Online experience. It's that the creator has some great ideas but sabotages their own story with their fetishes.

Like Maid Dragon is a warm, fluffy story of a multi-species family but then suddenly you've got Saikawa, Lucoa molesting a boy, and Iruru. The author of the original manga also draws hentai and they all feature a very specific fetish.

Bakemonogatari is intriguing and you've got complicated characters with strange, mythologically-inspired concepts, but then all of a sudden the MC's rampant pedophilia suddenly rams its face into the scene all of a sudden. Those Hachikuji scenes, sheesh.

And Sword Art Online could've been a fascinating dive into virtual reality, transhumanism, all that jazz but then has to go out of its way to treat its female characters as trophies for the main male lead.

Like if Mushoku wanted to tell the story as a redemption and maturation story for the MC they could've avoided him still worshiping panties, having sex with two of the girls before they're well into adulthood, and eventually turning it all into a male fantasy ending with him marrying all three of them.

Another "I hate all this disgusting filth- I've also watched all of it and have encyclopedic-level knowledge about it" post.
 :maduro

Top of the page wholesome cosplay from another filthy anime that era certainly watches hates  :nsfw
[close]
I think Boredfrom pointed out that user used to had a loli avatar.  Looks like he saw the post and changed it.