Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1925452 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #12780 on: February 04, 2022, 12:22:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trophy-dedicated-to-rapist-will-be-awarded-to-nba-all-star-game-mvp.548111/#post-81475280

:doge

Someone needs to ask Royalan where exactly on this spectrum it is ok to gravedance or disrespect someone's memory.

Spud

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #12781 on: February 04, 2022, 02:43:12 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/after-historic-stock-drop-a-teary-eyed-zuckerberg-announces-meta-will-pivot-to-video.548186/page-2#post-81477278

Quote from: Royalan, post: 81477278, member: 41
[STAFF]Hey Y'all.

I think it's clear that "Fuck Mark Zuckerberg" is a pretty safe opinion to have these days.

But, in our criticism of him and Meta, let's take a little care to not evoke the imagery of specific harmful acts that might be triggering to fellow members. [/STAFF]

:wut :confused
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #12782 on: February 04, 2022, 03:59:38 AM »
Where's Nepenthe? Royalan's gunning for her admin "job".
OBE

Snoopycat_

« Reply #12783 on: February 04, 2022, 05:22:18 AM »
Jon Stewart is a bad man

https://www.resetera.com/threads/jon-stewart-defends-joe-rogan-calls-spotify-situation-an-%E2%80%98overreaction%E2%80%99.548246/

Look at him out there promoting dangerous ideas like engagement, discussion, reason. With Joe Rogan of all people! Luckily the progressivist progressives see through his evil charade

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #12784 on: February 04, 2022, 06:01:35 AM »
Yea I’m done. Jon can eat shit. Disgusting piece of trash, get hit by a fucking bus.
cool forum
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #12785 on: February 04, 2022, 06:22:15 AM »
There's not a single valid reason to defend Joe Rogan or Spotify. None. Everyone who does it is a moron, and so is Jon Stewart.

I'm actually starting to think it's not the mods fault they can't stop banning people.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12786 on: February 04, 2022, 06:22:56 AM »
Man, I can't wait for a developer like Bioware to deftly weave these modern day politics into their narrative.

Imagine a Mass Effect sequel, wherein Joe Krogan starts comparing the MERS-88 restrictions to the genophage in his podcast.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12787 on: February 04, 2022, 06:46:09 AM »
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #12788 on: February 04, 2022, 07:20:53 AM »
“These lyin-ass hoes trying to bring down a successful black man” mentality.
Oi Oi

jorma

« Reply #12789 on: February 04, 2022, 07:29:05 AM »
Yea I’m done. Jon can eat shit. Disgusting piece of trash, get hit by a fucking bus.
cool forum

it's funny how they are mad at joe rogan for supposedly killing people who take corona advice from him, when those are the same people they wish died a painful death on a daily basis  :lol

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12790 on: February 04, 2022, 08:23:24 AM »
:rogan is just potentially giving them more people to gravedance
(ice)

Mostima

« Reply #12791 on: February 04, 2022, 08:37:25 AM »
What celebrity, politician, or public figure does Ree not absolutely hate at this point? Like Greta Thunberg?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12792 on: February 04, 2022, 08:59:58 AM »
What celebrity, politician, or public figure does Ree not absolutely hate at this point? Like Greta Thunberg?

there needs to be a wiki, seriously, fully sourced from era
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12793 on: February 04, 2022, 09:10:23 AM »
  • joe rogan is evil

• jon stewart defended joe rogan who is evil

• stephen colbert is friends with jon stewart who defended joe rogan who is evil

• orlando bloom starred in a lotr movie in which cameoed stephen colbert who is friends with jon stewart who defended joe rogan who is evil

• dominic monaghan starred in a lotr movie with orlando bloom who was in another lotr movie with stephen colbert who is friends with jon stewart who defended joe rogan who is evil

• daisy ridley starred in rise of skywalker with dominic monaghan who starred in a lotr movie with orlando bloom who was in another lotr movie with stephen colbert who is friends with jon stewart who defended joe rogan who is evil

• rian johnson once directed daisy ridley who starred in rise of skywalker with dominic monaghan who starred in a lotr movie with orlando bloom who was in another lotr movie with stephen colbert who is friends with jon stewart who defended joe rogan who is evil

Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #12794 on: February 04, 2022, 09:37:50 AM »
So I'm banned with no reason or duration and the thread was locked with no mod message.

All I can say is that it's obvious Royalan got fat.
All staff actions are decided upon by a council of multiple staff members who evaluate each decision before it is enacted.

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12795 on: February 04, 2022, 10:27:53 AM »
So I'm banned with no reason or duration and the thread was locked with no mod message.

All I can say is that it's obvious Royalan got fat.

The fatter mods get, the worse their moderating. Law of the internet.
:O

SmokyDave

« Reply #12796 on: February 04, 2022, 10:34:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/theyre-burning-books-in-tennessee.548381/#post-81505523

Quote from: Motorcycle Dork
No sympathy for anything written by Rowling but the other books, damn...this is Fahrenheit 451 type of shit

I know we've had this particular brand of idiocy before, but I'm always happy to give a platform to the hard-of-thinking.

marrec

« Reply #12797 on: February 04, 2022, 10:40:06 AM »
They finally got fed up with FUME5 posting here, even if it was rarely and 100% innocuous, they simply cannot have one of their forum members post on the notorious hate site "The Bore".

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #12798 on: February 04, 2022, 10:52:54 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-worlds-most-famous-digital-image-gallery-is-very-likely-run-by-nazis-bored-apes-team-and-their-incredibly-obvious-racist-signaling.547763/

(Image removed from quote.)

edit: I am not disputing the similiarty to the Totenkopf division, that is intentional, but it becomes less of a smoking gun when you realize that left wing groups such as Brigate Rossonere from AC Milan used the same imagery. Edgelords doing edgelordy crap isn't enugh of an explanation, it's gotta be some grand conspiracy. :lol

:neogaf

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #12799 on: February 04, 2022, 10:53:55 AM »
Quote from: B-Diatch
How about we not start with the "burning books is good, actually" shit in a thread about fascists burning books.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/theyre-burning-books-in-tennessee.548381/post-81506498

You created this community, now sit in it

benjipwns

« Reply #12800 on: February 04, 2022, 11:14:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/theyre-burning-books-in-tennessee.548381/#post-81505523

Quote from: Motorcycle Dork
No sympathy for anything written by Rowling but the other books, damn...this is Fahrenheit 451 type of shit

I know we've had this particular brand of idiocy before, but I'm always happy to give a platform to the hard-of-thinking.
Next post:
Burning JKR novels is kind of based at least.

Quote from: B-Diatch
How about we not start with the "burning books is good, actually" shit in a thread about fascists burning books.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/theyre-burning-books-in-tennessee.548381/post-81506498

You created this community, now sit in it
Thread (like the earlier one also about this same thing) is about a Christian preacher grifter well known for getting internet attention for his conspiracy theories, not everyone bad is a fascist. (Unlike some of your current members who admit to this.) Also burning books predates the fascists by centuries.

benjipwns

« Reply #12801 on: February 04, 2022, 11:20:25 AM »
FUME5, quick, start a thread over there about this:
https://twitter.com/jacksonrichman/status/1489621836782518272

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #12802 on: February 04, 2022, 11:23:33 AM »
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]

Propagandhim

« Reply #12803 on: February 04, 2022, 11:23:56 AM »
Sinophobic content

:phil

benjipwns

« Reply #12804 on: February 04, 2022, 12:17:33 PM »
One thing amusing about (but not exclusive to) ResetERA.com is they claim to be fighting against systemic problems but spend most of their time only ever targeting and hunting individuals for problematic individual behavior. Then they claim the latter is proof of the existence of the former which justifies the latter.

:delicious

Boredfrom

« Reply #12805 on: February 04, 2022, 12:33:44 PM »
Burning JKR novels is kind of based at least.

They are not burning Harry Potter because JKR is a TERF, you dumb bitch.

NekoFever

« Reply #12806 on: February 04, 2022, 12:35:22 PM »
Who the hell would have over 100 contacts on their phone?

People over the age of 20 who occasionally leave their home and socialize.

:neogaf :hesright

Superstar

« Reply #12807 on: February 04, 2022, 12:37:26 PM »
If people want to burn their own books, who gives a shit? As long as it's not the gubment doing it.

marrec

« Reply #12808 on: February 04, 2022, 01:07:30 PM »
If people want to burn their own books, who gives a shit? As long as it's not the gubment doing it.

I mean, clearly. These people are burning these books for exactly this type of reaction from ERA. Twilight and Harry Potter are not in danger of being unreadable because some trolls burned a few printings.

It IS fun to watch them be so duplicitous though, cheering the burning of Harry Potter and then immediately decrying the burning of books in general.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #12809 on: February 04, 2022, 01:18:42 PM »
There's not a single valid reason to defend Joe Rogan or Spotify. None. Everyone who does it is a moron, and so is Jon Stewart.

I'm actually starting to think it's not the mods fault they can't stop banning people.

ericandreshootinghannibalburress.jpeg

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12810 on: February 04, 2022, 01:27:36 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-says-she-was-%E2%80%98virtually-gang-raped%E2%80%99-in-facebooks-metaverse.548453/

:iface

You're able to be sexually harassed and assulted while you cannot hit people away nor can anyone grab and pull someone off of you. Sounds like literal hell
? take the headset off.

:banplz

benjipwns

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #12812 on: February 04, 2022, 01:48:24 PM »
Who the hell would have over 100 contacts on their phone?

People over the age of 20 who occasionally leave their home and socialize.

:neogaf :hesright

Or people with 100 failed tinder matches

:fbm
:O

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12813 on: February 04, 2022, 01:52:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/woman-says-she-was-%E2%80%98virtually-gang-raped%E2%80%99-in-facebooks-metaverse.548453/

You're able to be sexually harassed and assulted while you cannot hit people away nor can anyone grab and pull someone off of you. Sounds like literal hell
? take the headset off.

Quote from: 4cute
? take the headset off.
And just turn off the game when a guy in CoD calls you "Nicca", I know, I know.

yes, actually

is this person even conceptualizing solutions, here?

• if you don't like people getting too close to you in VR, this leads to implementations to keep everyone in their own safe bubbles (not conducive to the interactive nature of VR)

• if you don't want to hear the gamer words, this leads to removing voice chat from games like the deer girl said (not conducive to teamwork/community)

it's all good, you just have to pick one
Uncle

benjipwns

« Reply #12814 on: February 04, 2022, 01:56:51 PM »
Eliminating voice chat won't stop me from knowing the other players are thinking it.

End 👏 capital-G 👏 Gamer 👏 bigotry 👏 instead. 👏

Snoopycat_

« Reply #12815 on: February 04, 2022, 02:02:22 PM »
Dubs acting like there’s a difference between the loons burning HP books and the loons in his community

benjipwns

« Reply #12816 on: February 04, 2022, 02:08:06 PM »
Nobody at ResetERA.com wants books to be burned, they simply don't want them written in the first place.

marrec

« Reply #12817 on: February 04, 2022, 02:11:46 PM »

? take the headset off.

? take the headset off.

yes, actually

• if you don't like people getting too close to you in VR, this leads to implementations to keep everyone in their own safe bubbles (not conducive to the interactive nature of VR)

• if you don't want to hear the gamer words, this leads to removing voice chat from games like the deer girl said (not conducive to teamwork/community)

Like... you can't even go to Walmart with the expectations that you won't get called the n-word. I'm not sure why we have higher expectations of virtual spaces that are even less regulated than physical spaces.

Also, you already lost by going into Facebooks Metaverse tbh

I also take umbrage with the idea that anyone was "virtually gang-raped" tbh... these avatars are barely recognizable as human and there is no interaction between avatars. Saying you were virtually gang raped belittles actual victims of actual crimes. Cut the hyperbole and just say "I was verbally harassed".

Reports of sexual violence are already proving to be a problem in the metaverse. In early December, Verge reported that a beta tester had alleged that a stranger had groped her avatar.

Oh god this is going to be a thing that people do from now on isn't it? Conflating virtual harassment with actual sexual violence?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 02:18:13 PM by marrec »

benjipwns

« Reply #12818 on: February 04, 2022, 02:22:18 PM »
This post is a subtweet at Schreier:
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1489079160840589312

benjipwns

« Reply #12819 on: February 04, 2022, 02:25:18 PM »

I also take umbrage with the idea that anyone was "virtually gang-raped" tbh... these avatars are barely recognizable as human and there is no interaction between avatars. Saying you were virtually gang raped belittles actual victims of actual crimes. Cut the hyperbole and just say "I was verbally harassed".

Reports of sexual violence are already proving to be a problem in the metaverse. In early December, Verge reported that a beta tester had alleged that a stranger had groped her avatar.

Oh god this is going to be a thing that people do from now on isn't it? Conflating virtual harassment with actual sexual violence?
They're coming to gang rape you for being transphobic (actual screenshot of Horizon Worlds as provided by The Verge):

marrec

« Reply #12820 on: February 04, 2022, 02:31:55 PM »

They're coming to gang rape you for being transphobic (actual screenshot of Horizon Worlds as provided by The Verge):

How'd you find out about my kink?!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12821 on: February 04, 2022, 02:34:47 PM »

is it just my own incorrect interpretation to conflate grope with a nice firm physical squeeze

in VR it's more like "a stranger wiggled their hand around in the physical space that my tit might occupy were it actually modeled"
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #12822 on: February 04, 2022, 02:38:30 PM »

is it just my own incorrect interpretation to conflate grope with a nice firm physical squeeze

in VR it's more like "a stranger wiggled their hand around in the physical space that my tit might occupy were it actually modeled"

:wut

Pictured - A judge reading the case notes in the first ever virtual rape trial and finding this breakdown of "sexual violence in the metaverse"

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #12823 on: February 04, 2022, 02:38:58 PM »
Nobody at ResetERA.com wants books to be burned, they simply don't want them written in the first place.

Thought policing was the next logical step.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12824 on: February 04, 2022, 02:41:05 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sifus-lets-say-problematic-creator-kit.548534/

This Twitter guy is fucking unhinged and RE is of course eating it up

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12825 on: February 04, 2022, 02:41:52 PM »

? take the headset off.

? take the headset off.

yes, actually

Like... you can't even go to Walmart with the expectations that you won't get called the n-word. I'm not sure why we have higher expectations of virtual spaces that are even less regulated than physical spaces.

Attention whores gonna attention whore
 :trumps
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #12826 on: February 04, 2022, 02:43:47 PM »

So you're trying to downplay sexual violence why?

:wut

Pictured - A judge reading the case notes in the first ever virtual rape trial and finding this breakdown of "sexual violence in the metaverse"
Kind of the point of having judges is upholding white cishetpatriarchal norms to protect the system of white supremacy though.

Attention whores gonna attention whore
 :trumps
And now we've got sex worker shaming in this thread. Great.

marrec

« Reply #12827 on: February 04, 2022, 02:47:32 PM »
We need to add a new derogatory term to "cishetwhitepatriarchy" that somehow includes meat space so that we can all talk about how Judges are just going to uphold the structures of physical spaces vs. meta spaces.

Cause, you know, NEETs feeling like a repressed minority because people won't take virtual spaces seriously is on the horizon.

benjipwns

« Reply #12828 on: February 04, 2022, 02:49:01 PM »

Lots of people showing their asses in this thread pretending not to understand the horrific violence being shown by the SIFU developers straying outside of their lane.

OTHER 👏 CULTURES 👏 ARE 👏 NOT 👏 FOR 👏 YOUR 👏 ENJOYMENT 👏

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #12829 on: February 04, 2022, 02:53:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sifus-lets-say-problematic-creator-kit.548534/page-2

It also feels like OP wanted to score some "ally points" but I'm also cynical

:crowdlaff :girlaff
Oi Oi

benjipwns

« Reply #12830 on: February 04, 2022, 02:54:48 PM »
We need to add a new derogatory term to "cishetwhitepatriarchy" that somehow includes meat space so that we can all talk about how Judges are just going to uphold the structures of physical spaces vs. meta spaces.

Cause, you know, NEETs feeling like a repressed minority because people won't take virtual spaces seriously is on the horizon.
Kinda where Derrida and Foucault were headed before they chickened out. (To be fair, neither were in a position to have critiqued the internet/social media/metaverse.) Though I wouldn't really be surprised to find out somebody has already gone this route in the last two years, if physics can get attacked in a journal for not centering Black women's voices then surely metaphysics can.

marrec

« Reply #12831 on: February 04, 2022, 02:55:04 PM »
I listened to the Jon Stewart bit about Spotify and Joe Rogan...

Stewart never once defends Rogan's misinformation, he's just saying that Rogan is someone you could engage in a productive discussion with.

I disagree, while I don't think Rogan is necessarily a bad faith actor looking to specifically to sew discord, I do think he is a massive moron who will continue to spread bullshit even after being corrected and agreeing with the correction because he's just a huge meathead idiot.

Either way, Jon isn't taking a "centrist" viewpoint here he's making a specific value judgement about a specific person.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #12832 on: February 04, 2022, 02:56:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sifus-lets-say-problematic-creator-kit.548534/page-2

Why is some Indian dude raging on behalf of the chinese :doge
(ice)

benjipwns

« Reply #12833 on: February 04, 2022, 02:56:46 PM »

Quote from: The OP
Next time I think something is wrong I'll shut up.
:dead

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #12834 on: February 04, 2022, 02:58:18 PM »

mfw the red head in this video got hired by EA/Bioware.
[close]

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #12835 on: February 04, 2022, 03:01:29 PM »
Wasn't Ghost of Tsushima really popular in Japan, with lots of Japanese people praising it?
That doesn’t tell anything because Japan has a history of romanticizing western attempts at portraying their culture and do not look at it with a critical eye.

How can you not see the irony in getting offended in the name of Japanese people while openly belittling them

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #12836 on: February 04, 2022, 03:01:52 PM »

[close]

the origin!!!!!!

:trigger
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #12837 on: February 04, 2022, 03:03:39 PM »
Let's not start threads based on angry Twitter drama

Incelchief must be shook right now

top of page milkers
Oi Oi

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #12838 on: February 04, 2022, 03:08:06 PM »

[close]

She's the writer on the KOTOR remake. Refer to the Bioware joke from earlier for the kind of excellence I expect from her.

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #12839 on: February 04, 2022, 03:14:30 PM »

Lots of people showing their asses in this thread pretending not to understand the horrific violence being shown by the SIFU developers straying outside of their lane.

OTHER 👏 CULTURES 👏 ARE 👏 NOT 👏 FOR 👏 YOUR 👏 ENJOYMENT 👏
Lots of Asian people also showing their self-loathing and internalised racism by not being offended on behalf of the white people who are being offended on their behalf.

Sit  :clap  down  :clap and  :clap listen :clap you   :clap little   :clap yellow   :clap bastards
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 03:19:50 PM by Potato »
Spud