Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1811312 times)

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26940 on: August 11, 2022, 02:47:38 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else.617877/page-3#post-91404879
Quote from: B-Dubs
Official Staff Communication

Given the preponderance of threads on the crimes being committed by Ezra Miller, we feel like it would be more beneficial to establish a single thread to chronicle the story and any developments pertaining to it.

As such, anything to do with Ezra Miller committing crimes should be placed in this thread and should not receive it's own thread.

If there is news as to what the WB is doing with the Flash movie, for example cancelling it or taking Miller off the press tour, that can get it's own thread.

We're taking this action not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent, it is, but because there's so much of it that's it has started to clog up the ETC subforum.

Again, any new "Ezra Miller committed a crime" stories or anything pertaining to that, goes in this thread and this thread alone.
allegedly

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #26941 on: August 11, 2022, 02:54:01 PM »
Curious that bdubs refused to use Ezra’s pronouns and instead opted to use their name exclusively.  Isn’t that something that chuds do to erase trans people from existence? :hmm

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26942 on: August 11, 2022, 02:57:27 PM »
Curious that bdubs refused to use Ezra’s pronouns and instead opted to use their name exclusively.  Isn’t that something that chuds do to erase trans people from existence? :hmm

not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent

:morans
Margs

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #26943 on: August 11, 2022, 03:01:13 PM »

not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent

:morans

It’s still 1/5. :bolo

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #26944 on: August 11, 2022, 03:10:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else.617877/page-3#post-91404879

Given the preponderance of threads on the crimes being committed by Ezra Miller, we feel like it would be more beneficial to establish a single thread to chronicle the story and any developments pertaining to it.

As such, anything to do with Ezra Miller committing crimes should be placed in this thread and should not receive it's own thread.

If there is news as to what the WB is doing with the Flash movie, for example cancelling it or taking Miller off the press tour, that can get it's own thread.

We're taking this action not because what they're doing isn't abhorrent, it is, but because there's so much of it that's it has started to clog up the ETC subforum.

Again, any new "Ezra Miller committed a crime" stories or anything pertaining to that, goes in this thread and this thread alone.

:dead

Giving the same treatment to they/them that was given to the pinnacle of transphobia in media, Cyberpunk 2077.

:yikes

benjipwns

« Reply #26945 on: August 11, 2022, 03:39:22 PM »
Why do you think TransERA all left in droves, it's been clear for sometime that trans people simply cannot be safe on ResetERA.com because the staff is openly complicit.

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #26946 on: August 11, 2022, 04:04:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1-5-years-after-i-got-my-computer-science-degree-still-no-job-is-going-back-for-my-master’s-my-only-option-now.618501/
I wanted to do a computer science degree , how difficult is it for someone who has difficulties with math?

:foodcourt
Oi Oi

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26948 on: August 11, 2022, 04:31:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else-wb-considering-3-options-for-flash-release.617877/page-5#post-91418265

Important to get one up on the Will Smith slapgate still.

WB’s is straight up saying they care about their revenue over the lives of multiple children.

Miss me with them trying to hedge their bets.

:mindblown

How naive are these people? WB cancels the movie and Ezra Miller suddenly stops being a groomer?

Also the idea of making a crime OT is so absurd. B-chubs explanation that Ezra threads are crowding the off topic forum is just straight up wrong. You know who is crowding the off topic? Trump and capeshit.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 04:35:31 PM by HaughtyFrank »

benjipwns

« Reply #26949 on: August 11, 2022, 04:34:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-they-them-crimes-ot-the-stories-go-here-and-nowhere-else-wb-considering-3-options-for-flash-release.617877/page-5#post-91418265
Quote from: Vonocourt
It's also kind of funny to see people say WB isn't throwing away 200 Mill when we're like nine months from them throwing a 200million at a film made by a trans woman explicitly for trans folks.
:huh

Quote from: PlanetSmasher
I will never not laugh at how Lana absolutely hoodwinked WB into spending that much money on a movie that they thought would jumpstart a full new series of Matrix films, only for Lana to write and release a movie about the futility and pointlessness of overly-corporatized franchise filmmaking through an intensely trans lens. It's amazing.
:doge

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26950 on: August 11, 2022, 04:43:08 PM »
It's also kind of funny to see people say WB isn't throwing away 200 Mill when we're like nine months from them throwing a 200million at a film made by a trans woman explicitly for trans folks.

First Kyuuji reveals that she likes to fanfic transphobic narratives into games and now another prominent member claims that giving money to a trans director is the equivalent of throwing it away.

:cat

benjipwns

« Reply #26951 on: August 11, 2022, 04:44:00 PM »
You're talking as if "this forum" is not lambasting Ezra all the way to hell and back for all their shenanigans.
That in no way discounts the pearly clutching in Will Smith threads.
Yeah, a child predator should be lambasted, that should be the default, not something to use as a point of downplaying a lot of this forum's users dog whistling.
:popular

benjipwns

« Reply #26952 on: August 11, 2022, 04:45:32 PM »
Zazlav isn't confident in Aquaman despite the first making a billy and people actually like Momoa in the role. 🤔
You see the Flash though, well...

[he's white]
Need it even be said

(Image removed from quote.)
Zaslav is just trying to can everything with a non-white (or not white enough) lead, that much is pretty clear with the Aquaman rumour.

Boredfrom

« Reply #26953 on: August 11, 2022, 04:51:49 PM »
The only thing I regret is in Limbo is Static Shock live action and the black Superman stuff.

The world needs more Static.

benjipwns

« Reply #26954 on: August 11, 2022, 04:53:33 PM »
It sounds like the Black Superman stuff never got very far past a pitch in the first place.

Boredfrom

« Reply #26955 on: August 11, 2022, 04:55:36 PM »
At least I can watch Statick Shock on HBO Max. Zazlav cannot steal that from me.  :goty

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26956 on: August 11, 2022, 04:57:35 PM »

Important to get one up on the Will Smith slapgate still.

WB’s is straight up saying they care about their revenue over the lives of multiple children.

Miss me with them trying to hedge their bets.

:mindblown

How naive are these people? WB cancels the movie and Ezra Miller suddenly stops being a groomer?

Also the idea of making a crime OT is so absurd. B-chubs explanation that Ezra threads are crowding the off topic forum is just straight up wrong. You know who is crowding the off topic? Trump and capeshit.

the movie's basically fucking done, right?

do we start campaigning for all studios to halt dvd, blu-ray and streaming releases of their back catalogue that feature problematic people?

"can't believe warner brothers cares more about revenue from people watching lethal weapon than the jewish people who are actively harmed by mel gibson's anti semitic comments to this day"
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #26957 on: August 11, 2022, 05:07:14 PM »
I mean, is kind of comforting to know that a Corp cannot control a celebrity going in a very public meltdown across the nation.

« Reply #26958 on: August 11, 2022, 05:27:16 PM »

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26959 on: August 11, 2022, 05:46:26 PM »
Potential employers probably read his lame ass posts and tweets :girlaff
(ice)

BIONIC

« Reply #26960 on: August 11, 2022, 05:49:04 PM »
Potential employers probably read his lame ass posts and tweets :girlaff

They’re linked to his real name and picture like the genius he is  :picard
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26961 on: August 11, 2022, 06:10:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1-5-years-after-i-got-my-computer-science-degree-still-no-job-is-going-back-for-my-master%E2%80%99s-my-only-option-now.618501/

Did he put diversity analyst on his resume? I'm sure he would be hired immediately.
He spent all that time crusading against Sakurai and Smash instead of looking for jobs?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26962 on: August 11, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/page-2#post-91383351
To each their own I suppose.

I just envision looking back in like 3 years or so, like hundreds and hundreds of dollars later, and if I choose to stop paying, or if the service starts being bad, I'll be left with literally nothing. Hell, I may be left with nothing already as is by next month if they just decide to take the games I want away. Just terrifies me to no end; I work hard for my money and I want something to show for it.

I mostly buy games for the experience. I'm not one of those people that obsesses over boxed copies or anything remotely like that. But not having a license at all?

No thank you. I trust this industry as far as I can throw it, and perhaps you shouldn't either. But again, to each their own. :3

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26963 on: August 11, 2022, 06:29:28 PM »
I'm working on multiple pages, but I don't have a ton of moving stuff beyond parts that highlight when I mouse over them (this I learned from a coding assessment for another prospective job).
So my man had to learn CSS :hover from a "coding" assessment. :doge
🤴

Propagandhim

« Reply #26964 on: August 11, 2022, 06:32:17 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26965 on: August 11, 2022, 06:46:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/page-2#post-91386582
How Sony treats its own history and back catalogue is laughable.

PS+ Premium is like if Disney launched D+ but instead of having the full Star Wars a Marvel back catalogue only had Ewoks Caravan of Courage and the 1970s Spider-man TV show.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26966 on: August 11, 2022, 07:00:40 PM »
I will never not laugh at how Lana absolutely hoodwinked WB into spending that much money on a movie that they thought would jumpstart a full new series of Matrix films, only for Lana to write and release a movie about the futility and pointlessness of overly-corporatized franchise filmmaking through an intensely trans lens. It's amazing.

BrokenVerses

« Reply #26967 on: August 11, 2022, 07:03:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/1-5-years-after-i-got-my-computer-science-degree-still-no-job-is-going-back-for-my-master’s-my-only-option-now.618501/
I wanted to do a computer science degree , how difficult is it for someone who has difficulties with math?

Honestly something else is going on if this guy is getting NOTHING with a Comp Sci degree in the post-pandemic labor market.

benjipwns

« Reply #26968 on: August 11, 2022, 07:26:12 PM »

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26969 on: August 11, 2022, 07:26:34 PM »
I think it's time to bring back Cosby. The world needs a feel good resurgence story

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26970 on: August 11, 2022, 07:38:45 PM »

you're almost there, sweetie

you're almost at that epiphany point where you finally get that realization, bless your heart

hint: everything is built on systems that oppress poc and enable white supremacy so yes, everything IS racist
Uncle

ShutUp

« Reply #26971 on: August 11, 2022, 07:43:33 PM »
This culture war is just so dumb. People desperately defending bad shit because it stars someone who is a minority or people hating good shit because it stars a minority. It's all dumb shit.

The game looks interesting enough, despite the millennial writers boardroom dialogue and Frey looks cool, and not to mention very sexy.  But you can't say she's sexy!  That's off-limits, too!  God how do I reach these kids?!

Ella Balinska  :noah

Just hope she’s not getting any shit from people on Twitter because of dialogue written by others for her.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26972 on: August 11, 2022, 07:49:05 PM »

There's no way Matrix 4 cost $200 Million. If it did, then congrats to Lana Wachowski on the heist of the century.
©@©™

benjipwns

« Reply #26973 on: August 11, 2022, 07:58:54 PM »

you're almost there, sweetie

you're almost at that epiphany point where you finally get that realization, bless your heart

hint: everything is built on systems that oppress poc and enable white supremacy so yes, everything IS racist
Part of why I went with just Nepenthe for representation purposes, unlike the wannabe poser activists that just take their cues from her, she actually has a complete solution to all our problems. Yet people refuse to do it, revealing just how much they're complicit.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26974 on: August 11, 2022, 08:23:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gun-wielding-suspect-makes-threats-at-fbi-building-in-cincinnati-up-suspect-is-dead-check-threadmark.618447/page-6#post-91444095
its truly frustrating to see that this bastard got as far as he did while posting so many red flags online

one of these days there's gonna be another attempt at an 'oklahoma city', i just hope that attempt is properly thwarted

https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-shot-in-the-back-in-nara-city-suspect-arrested-up-abe-confirmed-dead-see-staff-post.605334/page-24#post-89708277
User Banned (duration pending): advocating murder
:hesright

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26975 on: August 11, 2022, 08:29:36 PM »

FUME5

« Reply #26976 on: August 11, 2022, 08:50:24 PM »
Sus Alert in full force :
https://www.resetera.com/threads/forspoken-is-getting-memed-on.618105/page-21#post-91407453

But everyone backed down.

ThereAreFourNaans is a former GAF mod (I dunno which... iapetus?) under a new nom de guerre - they ain't going out like that.

He's a good dude and no, not iapetus.

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #26977 on: August 11, 2022, 09:51:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fbi-searched-trump%E2%80%99s-home-to-look-for-nuclear-documents-and-other-items-sources-say.618657/page-11#post-91451136

Quote from: meowdi gras
Starting to think maybe the electoral college should've done its job a couple of presidential elections ago to ensure that this manifestly irresponsible man was kept out of the White House.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:14:42 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #26978 on: August 11, 2022, 10:02:50 PM »
People always say that kind of thing because they learned how the Electoral College was supposed to work originally but they never bothered to learn all the changes that were made since the 1796 election.

The electors were supposed to be elected as individuals, not as a slate committed to a single candidate.

Complain about it all you want but you probably shouldn't complain about it not doing something you probably never wanted it to do and already had changed to dissuade.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2022, 10:11:12 PM by benjipwns »

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26979 on: August 11, 2022, 10:06:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/two-months-into-the-service-ps-plus-premiums-classic-catalog-is-a-non-starter-zero-classics-to-be-added-in-august-two-added-post-launch.618180/page-2#post-91383351
To each their own I suppose.

I just envision looking back in like 3 years or so, like hundreds and hundreds of dollars later, and if I choose to stop paying, or if the service starts being bad, I'll be left with literally nothing. Hell, I may be left with nothing already as is by next month if they just decide to take the games I want away. Just terrifies me to no end; I work hard for my money and I want something to show for it.

I mostly buy games for the experience. I'm not one of those people that obsesses over boxed copies or anything remotely like that. But not having a license at all?

No thank you. I trust this industry as far as I can throw it, and perhaps you shouldn't either. But again, to each their own. :3
Wants something to show for his money...buys subscription service where you don't own anything.

:derp
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26980 on: August 11, 2022, 10:08:22 PM »

Honestly something else is going on if this guy is getting NOTHING with a Comp Sci degree in the post-pandemic labor market.
Could be said about 90% of that userbase really
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26981 on: August 11, 2022, 10:54:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/microsoft-responds-to-sonys-claim-that-call-of-duty-is-unrivaled-unique-claims-sony-is-paying-to-block-games-from-gamepass.618045/page-22#post-91432872
:cop User banned (permanent): Troll account
Quote from: crazydaygo
I’m fine with Sony bowing out of the console market tbh. It’s been too toxic with that brand for too long now. Moneyhatting exclusives is such a bad look imo and that brand has been notorious for decades with that practice.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26982 on: August 11, 2022, 10:56:02 PM »
OBE

BisMarckie

« Reply #26983 on: August 12, 2022, 05:15:06 AM »
Quote from: Moogle, a moderator
I'm of the opinion that people within the OT and who reached out to staff directly, who were cautious of how the Hanks reference itself might look to thread outsiders in light of it's adoption by white nationalist circles.

I love how intimately they are aware of what the white nationalist circles are doing and adopting.

:rethread

White nationalists are playing Genshin Impact en masse?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26984 on: August 12, 2022, 06:15:29 AM »
:cop User Banned (1 week): posting unverifiable insider information, permanently threadbanned Message #moderation
Quote from: BFIB
I cannot get into specifics because I work with national security for a living but let's just say the chatter that I've heard today this is just the tip of the iceberg.

He's fucked.

Edit:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fbi-searched-trump%E2%80%99s-home-to-look-for-nuclear-documents-and-other-items-sources-say.618657/page-5#post-91448679
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 12:09:04 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26985 on: August 12, 2022, 06:27:04 AM »
ὕβρις

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26986 on: August 12, 2022, 06:38:19 AM »
I love it when Ree starts acting like they're security experts, and use the secret service lingo they picked up from Mission Impossible. It's kind of amazing that none of them ever asks themselves what the fuck they're doing.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26987 on: August 12, 2022, 06:54:50 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/gun-wielding-suspect-makes-threats-at-fbi-building-in-cincinnati-up-suspect-is-dead-check-threadmark.618447/

weird tone to this thread for a forum whose admin and prominent members regularly talk about getting armed up and how 'allyship' with words isn't enough, and regularly ACAB law enforcement (of which the FBI fucking are) :thinking

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26988 on: August 12, 2022, 07:36:02 AM »
Good job, GOP propaganda peddlers, you got another one of your unstable brainwashed loons killed with your constant irresponsible rhetoric.

Resetera has no mirrors

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26989 on: August 12, 2022, 08:33:57 AM »
Meanwhile:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/former-japanese-prime-minister-shinzo-abe-shot-in-the-back-in-nara-city-suspect-arrested-up-abe-confirmed-dead-see-staff-post.605334/page-24#post-89708277
:cop User Banned (duration still pending after more than a month): advocating murder

Given its Deepwater, maybe they are doing a ‘duration pending’ because making it a perm would piss the BCT off, so they sent him to the Phantom Zone?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26990 on: August 12, 2022, 09:14:37 AM »
whatever remnant of the BCT remains no longer has any power

most of the prominent rabble-rousers were banned over the years, and also they got fed up with having to police themselves so they mostly moved to a discord treehouse
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26991 on: August 12, 2022, 09:18:49 AM »
People always say that kind of thing because they learned how the Electoral College was supposed to work originally but they never bothered to learn all the changes that were made since the 1796 election.

The electors were supposed to be elected as individuals, not as a slate committed to a single candidate.

Complain about it all you want but you probably shouldn't complain about it not doing something you probably never wanted it to do and already had changed to dissuade.

*guy who's only seen direct democracy before, seeing the Electoral College for the first time*

I'm getting real direct democracy vibes from this.
©@©™

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26992 on: August 12, 2022, 09:27:40 AM »
Meanwhile:
:cop User Banned (duration still pending after more than a month): advocating murder

Given its Deepwater, maybe they are doing a ‘duration pending’ because making it a perm would piss the BCT off, so they sent him to the Phantom Zone?

Wasn't Dreams-vision a long time bct member? And they permed him over simply forgetting to use they for Ezra

Wouldn't surprise if it's Nepenthe dragging her feet because she obviously agrees with deepwater

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #26993 on: August 12, 2022, 09:30:05 AM »
Meanwhile:

Wasn't Dreams-vision a long time bct member? And they permed him over simply forgetting to use they for Ezra

No one gets permed for just one thing, they all have a long history of something or other. :bolo
©@©™

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26994 on: August 12, 2022, 09:38:14 AM »
A long history of life.
The sssssentence is deathhhh.
ὕβρις

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26995 on: August 12, 2022, 10:44:56 AM »
:cop User Banned (1 week): posting unverifiable insider information, permanently threadbanned Message #moderation
Quote from: BFIB
I cannot get into specifics because I work with national security for a living but let's just say the chatter that I've heard today this is just the tip of the iceberg.

He's fucked.
Message #moderation
:confused

I know you mean well, but vague posting isn’t helpful. Either share or don’t say anything at all.
Thank you
We're not supposed to post random Twitter accounts but we can listen to a random Era poster?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 11:35:39 AM by Taco Bell Tower »

D3RANG3D

• The Bore's Like Bot
« Reply #26996 on: August 12, 2022, 11:35:38 AM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26997 on: August 12, 2022, 12:26:59 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/

Considering how they all reacted to Dave Chappelle almost getting stabbed the thread just feels two faced to me

Also waiting for Kyuuji to make her great appearance

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/07/salman-rushdie-makes-gender-reassignment-warning/

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26998 on: August 12, 2022, 12:37:32 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/salman-rushdie-attacked-at-a-lecture-in-new-york.618873/

Considering how they all reacted to Dave Chappelle almost getting stabbed the thread just feels two faced to me

Also waiting for Kyuuji to make her great appearance

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/07/salman-rushdie-makes-gender-reassignment-warning/

I don't know anything about him, can I ask why people have had it out for him?
because fragile people don‘t like it when you talk about muhammad in any way that isn‘t „fact“ or of „praise“

:spiders

BIONIC

« Reply #26999 on: August 12, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »
Think of the fatwa sex though :drool

spoiler (click to show/hide)
:larry
[close]
Margs