Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1822758 times)

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26700 on: August 08, 2022, 05:58:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-twisted-my-knee-playing-soccer-and-i%E2%80%99m-freaking-out.617286/
Yesterday I twisted my right knee while playing soccer. I was in pain for a minute or so and I continued playing. Today I’m having difficulty walking and it hurt when I straighten my leg.

Why I’m freaking out?

In 2010 I blew my left knee ACL and meniscus playing soccer. Now, that pain was 10 times worse and I couldn’t even walk the day after. I had to get surgery and was out for more than a year.

I guess I have some kind is PTSD from that day but just hope it’s nothing serious.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26701 on: August 08, 2022, 06:54:23 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-ezra-miller-they-them-charged-with-felony-burglary-in-vermont.617379/#post-91275990

Staff Message:
Ezra Miller goes by they/them pronouns. Misgendering will be subject to an automatic 2 week ban.

Fucking weird how they are harsher on people accidentally misgendering than the people giving well wishes to a criminal and possible pedophile.

and even so, earlier someone was banned for saying hope they/them get the help they need
Uncle

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty

Polident Hive

« Reply #26703 on: August 08, 2022, 06:57:43 PM »
This geezer is clearly out of control and literally no one is doing anything to get 'em off the streets.
Not even Mel Gibson.

I kinda feel sad for them that they apparently doesn't have any real friends to pull them out of this self-destructing behaviour :doge

Mel’s probably unaware that Ezra is jewish.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26704 on: August 08, 2022, 07:00:16 PM »
Honestly why even bother? The entire multiverse initiative the movie was supposed to set up is already dead and gone. There's no reason to release this movie at all. Just let it die.
:brain

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26705 on: August 08, 2022, 07:08:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-you-think-about-it-it%E2%80%99s-weird-that-it%E2%80%99s-illegal-to-be-nude-in-public.617421/
Like, it’s just your body, right? Our society decided it’s illegal for certain parts of your body to be seen when in public. Obviously we all accept it because it’s the way things have always been, but it’s a bit of a strange concept when you think about it in a more detached way. Imagine explaining that to an alien who came to earth. “It’s okay to show this segment of skin when around other people, but not that segment of skin.”

Being naked doesn’t harm anyone, we all know what those body parts look like. Who cares if someone wanted to take a stroll outside in their birthday suit?
:jared

Considering how many on ERA seem to think you don't need to bathe regularly or are confused about the concept of how to wipe, I am thankful that nudity is not encouraged.
:dead

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26706 on: August 08, 2022, 07:10:20 PM »
Yeah, just like Victor Salva's career, or Roman Polanski career, or Kevin Spacey's career, or Louis C.K.'s career, right? Let's not kid ourselves. Ezra is white and millionaire who is seen as a cisthet man by so many people who don't and won't ever care that Ezra identifies as a non binary, so they will still see Ezra as "normal looking guy" or something like that. As long as Ezra doesn't kill anyone or kill themselve you can't expect Ezra career to be over.

Let's take a look at Kevin Spacey's riveting career post me too:

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/08/04/kevin-spacey-pay-nearly-31-million-house-of-cards-netflix/10243533002/

Yeah this guy is doing great!

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26708 on: August 08, 2022, 08:18:31 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-the-fbi-just-raided-mar-a-lago.617430/page-5#post-91282971
Still.

Still.

Six goddamn years later and he still can't get the fuck over her emails.
Says the forum who can't get over the boogyman GamerGate  :curious

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26709 on: August 08, 2022, 08:21:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/amnesty-international-regrets-distress-caused-by-its-report-on-ukrainian-militarys-endangering-of-civilians-but-stands-by-its-findings.617193/#post-91258779

Quote from: Wamapoke
Reminder to never take anything they say seriously ever again.

dismissing the entire organization because they literally posted factual information

insane

these are the same people who would tell you to trust scientists and studies unlike those moron bleach drinking cherry picking trump supporters
Uncle

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26710 on: August 08, 2022, 08:35:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-twisted-my-knee-playing-soccer-and-i%E2%80%99m-freaking-out.617286/
Yesterday I twisted my right knee while playing soccer. I was in pain for a minute or so and I continued playing. Today I’m having difficulty walking and it hurt when I straighten my leg.

Why I’m freaking out?

In 2010 I blew my left knee ACL and meniscus playing soccer. Now, that pain was 10 times worse and I couldn’t even walk the day after. I had to get surgery and was out for more than a year.

I guess I have some kind is PTSD from that day but just hope it’s nothing serious.
PTSD from fucking football injuries now? Tell me how you have completely devalued a condition first identified during the constant artillery bombardments of WWI trench warfare?
Spud

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26711 on: August 08, 2022, 08:49:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/germany-considers-u-turn-on-nuclear-phaseout-due-to-russians-invasion-of-ukraine.616998/#post-91247745
Quote from: Jetsun Mila
Quote from: LinkStrikesBack
Because, not using those nuclear power plants will only hasten the climate situation. They should have been built on and far more widespread decades ago, then we wouldn't be in the situation to begin with.

But I assume you already knew that.
No, how about you go and tell?

:cop User Banned (5 Days): Antagonizing Fellow Member; History of Hostility
Quote from:  LinkStrikesBack
Well, I'll give this the kind of effort you put in to that response without being able to ask a question that makes any kind of sense in English.

Sky heat bad. Gas burny heat sky more. Nooklear stop needing burny gas. Less waste and vastly more energy than shiny ground panel or big sky fan.

:lol
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26712 on: August 08, 2022, 09:43:50 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-now-in-east-jerusalem-israeli-settlers-are-forcing-palestinians-out-of-their-own-homes-this-is-ethnic-cleansing-before-our-eyes-happening-now.421892/page-93#post-91255269

Quote from:  RustyNails
You need to take a break and pace yourself, for the sake of your health. It has been downright holocaust of Palestinian people and the world has turned its back on them.

We are alone in this fight. Take care of yourself.

:yikes
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26713 on: August 08, 2022, 10:00:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/right-now-in-east-jerusalem-israeli-settlers-are-forcing-palestinians-out-of-their-own-homes-this-is-ethnic-cleansing-before-our-eyes-happening-now.421892/page-93#post-91255269

Quote from:  RustyNails
You need to take a break and pace yourself, for the sake of your health. It has been downright holocaust of Palestinian people and the world has turned its back on them.

We are alone in this fight. Take care of yourself.

:yikes
Who's we?  Keyboarding doesn't mean you're doing anything.

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26714 on: August 08, 2022, 10:05:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-you-think-about-it-it%E2%80%99s-weird-that-it%E2%80%99s-illegal-to-be-nude-in-public.617421/
Imagine explaining that to an alien who came to earth. “It’s okay to show this segment of skin when around other people, but not that segment of skin.”
A little presumptuous to assume the aliens aren't advanced and progressive enough to know that showing most any skin is exploitive and objectifying.

Skullfuckers Anonymous

• Will hunt bullies for fruit baskets. PM for details.
« Reply #26715 on: August 08, 2022, 10:50:28 PM »
This guy has been accused of sexual misconduct on numerous occasions right? Parkinson's sucks but it's hard for me to feel too bad for the guy.

:lol :lol :lol

Newsfeed pls.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/617217/#post-91263054

Boredfrom

« Reply #26716 on: August 08, 2022, 11:16:03 PM »
Sounds like the only serious accuser is Bjork (both hate each other, no secret), while being an asshole demanding director would not constitute sexual harassment (just being a dick, and he is already punished for that).

Not to mention the fact that so many actresses have said that Von Trier treated them in sadistically cruel ways, I think it’s reasonable to bring it up, even though Von Trier’s disease is the main subject of the thread.

Have you watched his films? That is the plot of half of his cinematography.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26717 on: August 08, 2022, 11:49:20 PM »
I'm going to jail for 6 - 12 months.  No amirox stuff.  A basic ass DUI and I ignored some of the probation requirements.  I'll see you guys on the other side.  Or sooner.

I'll trade a plumperpass membership for 6 months (you have to give it back) for 2,000 LiveJasmin Credits. 

Bro, how did you fuck up probation?

He probably did an Ethan Couch

Ethan Frome.  I'm reading the American Canon now. 

How do you fuck up probation?  You gotta fuck up pretty hard.  They gave me a max of 5 months.  I can shave off time doing in-patient rehab centers.  It's been a long day.  I'll be back to being a piece of shit as soon as possible.  navastai
sigh

Propagandhim

« Reply #26718 on: August 08, 2022, 11:50:22 PM »
Do whatcha gotta do, mayne

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #26719 on: August 09, 2022, 12:59:23 AM »
I'm going to jail for 6 - 12 months.  No amirox stuff.  A basic ass DUI and I ignored some of the probation requirements.  I'll see you guys on the other side.  Or sooner.

I'll trade a plumperpass membership for 6 months (you have to give it back) for 2,000 LiveJasmin Credits. 

How do you fuck up probation?  You gotta fuck up pretty hard.  They gave me a max of 5 months.  I can shave off time doing in-patient rehab centers.  It's been a long day.  I'll be back to being a piece of shit as soon as possible.  navastai

Save some books for prison, you low-life junkie wastoid.

FUME5

« Reply #26720 on: August 09, 2022, 01:32:13 AM »

Steven Segal and Joe Arpio smashed into a dudes home with a tank cause he didn't know one of his probation conditions was that he couldn't own pets and the dude was raising chickens.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #26721 on: August 09, 2022, 01:49:04 AM »

It's like that high school final exam dream, except you're going to jail.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #26722 on: August 09, 2022, 01:49:29 AM »
I thought this was nudemac at first.

BisMarckie

« Reply #26723 on: August 09, 2022, 04:44:54 AM »
nudemac got life in prison with no parole: It’s called being married with children :rodney

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26724 on: August 09, 2022, 04:49:26 AM »
I was at Disney once and I couldn’t help but wonder how many dudes had errections. How many of them are perverts with degenerate thoughts of all the woman around. Can’t trust them.
But anyway, I don’t want to see people naked nor would I want to sit on seats where people unknowingly left possible piss and shit stains. Cum stains too probably. That’s really gross you know.

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-you-think-about-it-it%E2%80%99s-weird-that-it%E2%80%99s-illegal-to-be-nude-in-public.617421/page-3#post-91299498

Kurt Russell

« Reply #26725 on: August 09, 2022, 05:43:40 AM »

Can we get a prison address so we can send you a "care" "package"?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2022, 06:13:41 AM by Kurt Russell »
woke

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26726 on: August 09, 2022, 06:22:22 AM »
I was at Disney once and I couldn’t help but wonder how many dudes had errections. How many of them are perverts with degenerate thoughts of all the woman around. Can’t trust them.
But anyway, I don’t want to see people naked nor would I want to sit on seats where people unknowingly left possible piss and shit stains. Cum stains too probably. That’s really gross you know.

:girlaff

https://www.resetera.com/threads/when-you-think-about-it-it%E2%80%99s-weird-that-it%E2%80%99s-illegal-to-be-nude-in-public.617421/page-3#post-91299498

There's so much to unpack here I don't even know where to start

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26727 on: August 09, 2022, 06:25:27 AM »
I know whenever I go to the magic kingdom, thoughts of erections also spring unbidden into my mind
Uncle

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26728 on: August 09, 2022, 07:02:30 AM »

There's so much to unpack here I don't even know where to start

Dennis Nilson had the same concerns

remy

• my hog is small but it is mighty
« Reply #26729 on: August 09, 2022, 08:36:50 AM »
Is the plumper pass sub still up for grabs  ???

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26730 on: August 09, 2022, 08:44:43 AM »

Need to send him pamphlets containing the words of Ayatollah filler (PBUH) to get him through these trying times  :blessup
Margs

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26731 on: August 09, 2022, 11:26:03 AM »

I'll share all this info based upon how well my mug shot comes off. 

sigh

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26732 on: August 09, 2022, 12:14:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bridget-announced-for-guilty-gear-strive-season-2-out-august-8th-today-update-bridget-is-trans-now-she-her.617094/page-11#post-91300737
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic talking points and rhetoric; account in junior phase
Wasn't Bridget groomed by her parents to dress and act like a girl? I don't know what kind of message they're sending, but from my perspective, it seems like they're kinda unintentionally implying that transgenderism is a result of child abuse and grooming.
Man get this grooming crap out of here, it's made pretty damn clear in the scene that this is nothing to do with the superstition plot line. Seriously, if I never hear the word "grooming" in any relation to trans folk again it will be a miracle.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26733 on: August 09, 2022, 12:43:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bridget-announced-for-guilty-gear-strive-season-2-out-august-8th-today-update-bridget-is-trans-now-she-her.617094/page-11#post-91300737
User Banned (Permanent): Transphobic talking points and rhetoric; account in junior phase
Wasn't Bridget groomed by her parents to dress and act like a girl? I don't know what kind of message they're sending, but from my perspective, it seems like they're kinda unintentionally implying that transgenderism is a result of child abuse and grooming.
Man get this grooming crap out of here, it's made pretty damn clear in the scene that this is nothing to do with the superstition plot line. Seriously, if I never hear the word "grooming" in any relation to trans folk again it will be a miracle.

It's so fucking arbitrary. Put the same story line in another game and they'll scream for the game to get banned.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26734 on: August 09, 2022, 12:44:20 PM »
Fighting games, famous for being the best vehicles for stories and caring about plot intricacies.
ὕβρις

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26735 on: August 09, 2022, 12:50:11 PM »
"In Harry Potter 8 we learn that Ron was actually born a girl but the Weasley's wanted another boy so they raised her as a boy. Years later Ron finally became a happy trans men."

JK Rowling might have made some missteps but with such a strong, trans-affirming story she won the LGBT community back!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26736 on: August 09, 2022, 12:56:37 PM »

I'll share all this info based upon how well my mug shot comes off.

Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26737 on: August 09, 2022, 01:18:08 PM »
Does anybody else feel like the way many of the black characters are treated in this show reeks of anti-blackness? It's taking me out and I'm not enjoying the show because of it.
Considering that every black character in the show (except the nightmare who is new for the show) is a diversification in casting effort and were all white in the comic and treated exactly the same in the comic I'm going to say I think it's a reach.
That actually makes it worse. Setting a precedent of casting black actors to replace white roles only for them to be killed off or mistreated isn't as much of win for diversity as you're making it seem.

:social2

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26738 on: August 09, 2022, 01:19:40 PM »
Also, double-fuck-you for making me agree with Actual Crazy Person

BIONIC

« Reply #26739 on: August 09, 2022, 01:42:56 PM »
Margs

Boredfrom

« Reply #26740 on: August 09, 2022, 01:53:02 PM »
Does anybody else feel like the way many of the black characters are treated in this show reeks of anti-blackness? It's taking me out and I'm not enjoying the show because of it.
Considering that every black character in the show (except the nightmare who is new for the show) is a diversification in casting effort and were all white in the comic and treated exactly the same in the comic I'm going to say I think it's a reach.
That actually makes it worse. Setting a precedent of casting black actors to replace white roles only for them to be killed off or mistreated isn't as much of win for diversity as you're making it seem.

:social2

Seems Sandman diverse casting is pretty good and has Gaiman approval.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26741 on: August 09, 2022, 03:14:15 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26742 on: August 09, 2022, 03:23:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-the-fbi-just-raided-mar-a-lago.617430/page-36#post-91314657
Lol my cousin's Qanon husband is screaming about civil war. Please get him on this.
Those people who scream civil war every god dang time seems to forget that their side got stomped last time around.
:spiders

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-car-got-totaled-while-parked-what-to-do.617706/
Some guy rammed my car while it was legally parked, and sandwiched it into the truck in front of mine. The rear bumper fell off and left headlight/hood got crunched up pretty bad.

My car was a 2002 Nissan sedan with 215k+ miles. Nothing fancy but it ran well. I'm going back to college next month and buying another car wasn't on my to-do list.

The other guy's adjuster went from $1200 to $1400, to $2000 while we were on the phone. I know my car is old as hell, but can I push back on this? Please help.
First post.
yes, tell them you are lawyering up. Also, reach out to your insurance company.
For a 2002 215k+ mileage  :lol

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26743 on: August 09, 2022, 03:29:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-the-fbi-just-raided-mar-a-lago.617430/page-36#post-91314657
Lol my cousin's Qanon husband is screaming about civil war. Please get him on this.
Those people who scream civil war every god dang time seems to forget that their side got stomped last time around.
Wait, wasn't it the Republicans who were against slavery?
Spud

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26744 on: August 09, 2022, 03:44:34 PM »
A fictional fighting game character is fictionally trans

wooptifucking doo

jesus christ

muh reprisentation!
What

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26745 on: August 09, 2022, 03:45:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-the-fbi-just-raided-mar-a-lago.617430/page-41#post-91324011
Bring it. We'll do what should have been done after the Civil War.
Being a keyboard warrior on a gaming forum?

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26746 on: August 09, 2022, 03:54:33 PM »
A fictional fighting game character is fictionally trans

wooptifucking doo

jesus christ

muh reprisentation!

Resetera where people will say "This character can't show her breasts, she's fictional, she has no agency!"

And will also say:

Bridget is cool, the trans thing makes sense too.

My mind was blown (eons ago GG X2 on the og Xbox) when I found out Bridget was a he.
You mean "she." Active pronouns are retroactive for trans people, even fictional.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26747 on: August 09, 2022, 03:59:12 PM »
Yes, let's go back in time when X2 was out and angrily tell ourselves Bridget is a she.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26748 on: August 09, 2022, 04:16:01 PM »
pull up message board threads from 2002 and scream at the users for not recognizing the signs and saying "he"
Uncle

thetylerrob

« Reply #26749 on: August 09, 2022, 04:24:11 PM »
Resetera are now experts on GG lore despite never playing fighting games.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26750 on: August 09, 2022, 04:43:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/cnn-the-fbi-just-raided-mar-a-lago.617430/page-41#post-91325001
I'm just picturing a bunch of Trumpers in tactical gear standing alone in a field with no one to fight looking like sad LARPers.

Propagandhim

« Reply #26751 on: August 09, 2022, 04:47:53 PM »
That's actually a good post.

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26752 on: August 09, 2022, 04:52:48 PM »
Wait, wasn't it the Republicans who were against slavery?

Mason-Dixon Line is stronger than party lines.
©@©™

BIONIC

« Reply #26753 on: August 09, 2022, 04:58:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/albert-wesker-has-ridiculously-overpowered-assets-in-dbd.617736/#post-91328208

Quote from: ZeoVGM, post: 91328208, member: 1119
Damn.

I'd like to QTE that boulder.

::)

Also, ZeroVagine is now a “they” too for some reason.
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26754 on: August 09, 2022, 05:19:06 PM »
Isn't objectifying against the rules at Ree?

NekoFever

« Reply #26755 on: August 09, 2022, 05:21:09 PM »
Thank you, I just found some trans people outside of ResetEra complaining about Bridget transitioning and what it implies, but it's clear that there are other perspectives to this as well.

I highly doubt it. You've probably found some sock puppets.

A trans person has a different opinion to our correct one? Impossible.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26756 on: August 09, 2022, 05:23:39 PM »
I highly doubt it. You've probably found some sock puppets.
Did they not see GG subreddit?

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26757 on: August 09, 2022, 05:27:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trans-twitch-streamer-keffals-swatted-woken-up-by-police-pointing-assault-rifle-at-her-seized-belongings-including-work-equipment.617754/#post-91330104

Quote from: Jessi77
I keep saying it, they're going to try and genocide us and if you think donating a couple bucks to a prominent streamer or coming on here and bitching about Kiwifarms is doing your part I got news for you. We need actual bodies willing to fight and if you won't do that your just being performative. Not to be a Debbie Downer but they are going to resort to mass murder to erase us if all the legislation and government withdrawals of support doesn't do it. And it's not one specific country either.
OBE

BIONIC

« Reply #26758 on: August 09, 2022, 05:30:38 PM »
:insane :info :insane
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26759 on: August 09, 2022, 05:34:40 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/trans-twitch-streamer-keffals-swatted-woken-up-by-police-pointing-assault-rifle-at-her-seized-belongings-including-work-equipment.617754/#post-91330104

Quote from: Jessi77
I keep saying it, they're going to try and genocide us and if you think donating a couple bucks to a prominent streamer or coming on here and bitching about Kiwifarms is doing your part I got news for you. We need actual bodies willing to fight and if you won't do that your just being performative. Not to be a Debbie Downer but they are going to resort to mass murder to erase us if all the legislation and government withdrawals of support doesn't do it. And it's not one specific country either.
Babies on the internet seriously can't stand people they hate winning way more then they ever could.