Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1814502 times)

VomKriege

• Do the moron
ὕβρις

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26641 on: August 07, 2022, 08:19:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/at-least-31-dead-260-injured-as-israel-continues-to-bomb-gaza-kills-militant-leader.616131/page-2#post-91163484

Quote from: 19thCenturyFox
Maybe I'm just naive but if you have the means to drone strike somebody shouldn't you also have the means to send in a squad of people to attempt to arrest them? That goes for all countries that do this shit, not just Israel. You're not at war and you're operating in areas densely packed with civilians. What the fuck is compelling them to just bomb a city center?

:brain
OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26642 on: August 07, 2022, 08:30:51 PM »
yes, which is why you send 30 cops to arrest a fare jumper rather than drone strike him
Uncle

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26643 on: August 07, 2022, 08:46:56 PM »
30 cops for fare evasion? I'm going to wait to see if there is more to this.
This is just being Black in public in America. After we swing by the hood shack for our burgers I'll show you a video on Black boyhood that is going to blow your mind.

benjipwns

« Reply #26644 on: August 07, 2022, 08:49:24 PM »
Some white Karen probably heard Batgirl and Supergirl were cancelled so when she saw a Black man on the platform she called in a fare jumper.

This is what people like Zaslav want.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26645 on: August 07, 2022, 09:55:47 PM »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26646 on: August 07, 2022, 09:59:49 PM »
tbh there is so little manpower for irs enforcement that most people could just stop paying their taxes and probably be fine for the rest of their lives

they're not going to go after you for 5k or 10k when there are people who owe millions
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26647 on: August 07, 2022, 10:26:00 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-street-fighter-6-characters-leaked-by-capcom-germany-spoiler.616833/page-6#post-91210962
User banned (permanent): Intentionally posting NSFW content
This is a post to get my account perma-banned. In this spoiler is NSFW ("Not Safe For Work") material that I hope will get me perma-banned. Do not click on the spoiler if you are at work or whatever. Feel free to report this post to get me perma-banned, I'd appreciate it
:salute

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26648 on: August 07, 2022, 10:32:59 PM »
Some white Karen probably heard Batgirl and Supergirl were cancelled so when she saw a Black man on the platform she called in a fare jumper.

This is what people like Zaslav want.

Speaking of supergirl

https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-cant-get-over-how-dumb-it-is-for-a-supergirl-to-exist.616875/

The decision to name them based on gender rather than the idea of the individual who is something more than just HUMAN is stupid, and retroactively muddles the concept of initial characters to be about masculinity or something, that is just a much less interesting and stupid concept.
Here comes the Supermale, with his incredible power of testosterone and traditional gender values. Man of Steel? I suppose that is actually about his gender expression and hairy balls rather than the universal concept of a person being bulletproof.
The more I think about this the more I hate it to be honest.

:whatisthis

benjipwns

« Reply #26649 on: August 07, 2022, 10:57:40 PM »
Quote from: Nepenthe
The premise that the "man" in Superman magically represents women too by way of representing "humankind" is inherently flawed from the jump, and trying to get around this by saying "well, it should refer to humankind" substantially doubles as erasure of women who don't wish to have the default state of humanity referred to by male gendered terms. Furthermore, the consistent inability to really consider what women who disagree have said is dismissive. Thus we're locking.

It also annoyed the hell out of me how they aged her up into an adult in the CW show but kept calling her Girl. It then simply resonates with the misogynistic infantilisation of women that's so prevalent in society. You wouldn't see an adult male being called Superboy.
Damn, Conner can't ever catch a break. :lol

Boredfrom

« Reply #26650 on: August 07, 2022, 11:27:56 PM »
Nephente talking from her ass? no way…

ShutUp

« Reply #26651 on: August 08, 2022, 12:09:32 AM »
Coming this fall: SuperTheyThem

Tagline: there, now quit bitching and enjoy the movie

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26653 on: August 08, 2022, 12:34:03 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/rosario-dawson-says-that-she-found-out-yesterday-that-the-punisher-was-happening-again.616980/page-3#post-91234197

Quote from: TotallyNotZattMurdock, post: 91234197, member: 104535
I just think you are assuming one hell lot what Bernthal wants to see with the character with what you want to see it. And yes, I‘m very well aware of Bernthal’s opinions on Punisher’s skull, even more reason why I think that he would be open to take some wild swings with Frank Castle.

Jackal? Maybe not ‘hired’, but Spider-Man was indeed framed for murder and Bernthal and Holland are actually friends and tested for their roles helping each other back in the day, so they could cross each other’s paths again eventually:

[URL unfurl="true" media="twitter:1293929894531956736"]https://twitter.com/aassemblebr/status/1293929894531956736?s=21&t=6kLLt6-SD7KOt99NEdhRTA[/URL]

(Use Twitter to translate the tweet thread if you want, it’s a Brazilian Portuguese tweet thread about how they helped each other while they were testing to get their roles)

Also, Feige reportedly wants Spider-Man going against more street level crime for the next trilogy, so yes that’s one real possibility that I am very excited for.

Genius now posting tweets from no name Brazilian MCU fan accounts. Gee, I wonder who this might be?  :lol
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26654 on: August 08, 2022, 12:49:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/random-white-civilian-puts-knee-on-black-man-with-two-cops-already-restraining-arresting-him-for-fare-evasion.616974/#post-91213569

Quote from: Leona Lewis
Sometimes doxxing is good.

Just a thought.

Good idea, let's start with Era mods and admins.
User Banned (1 Week): Advocating doxing

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26655 on: August 08, 2022, 01:13:27 AM »
Does it even make sense for Magneto to be a holocaust survivor these days? Motherfucker would have to be like 80 at minimum :lol

Nothing wrong with him being Jewish, but the timeline doesn’t make sense. Kinda like how they had to make The Punisher an Afghanistan tour vet in the show.
They should make him a uigher genocide survivor
 :doge
Spud

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26656 on: August 08, 2022, 01:22:53 AM »
I'm going to jail for 6 - 12 months.  No amirox stuff.  A basic ass DUI and I ignored some of the probation requirements.  I'll see you guys on the other side.  Or sooner.

I'll trade a plumperpass membership for 6 months (you have to give it back) for 2,000 LiveJasmin Credits. 
Not sure if serious, but if so, WTF? What kind of civilised society throws people in jail for 6-12 months for drink driving?

Suspend their licence for 6-12 months, sure. But you'd have to be a massive repeat offender to justify jail.
Spud

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26657 on: August 08, 2022, 03:35:43 AM »
tbh there is so little manpower for irs enforcement that most people could just stop paying their taxes and probably be fine for the rest of their lives

they're not going to go after you for 5k or 10k when there are people who owe millions
Everyone has to pay their fair share jack :biden
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26658 on: August 08, 2022, 06:58:48 AM »
Coming this fall: SuperTheyThem

Tagline: there, now quit bitching and enjoy the movie

Somehow everything is about gender and at the same time everything needs to be as gender neutral as possible. It's a weird time

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26659 on: August 08, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »
It also annoyed the hell out of me how they aged her up into an adult in the CW show but kept calling her Girl. It then simply resonates with the misogynistic infantilisation of women that's so prevalent in society. You wouldn't see an adult male being called Superboy.

:dunno

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #26660 on: August 08, 2022, 07:24:13 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/any-good-mcu-phase-4-critiques-that-arent-made-by-idiots.616929/#post-91241175

Quote from: Zatt Murdock's alt Mancha
Letting franchises define your online personality is already bad and an waste of your life, now getting too attached on hating something is that plus likely bad for your health.

:spiders
OBE

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26661 on: August 08, 2022, 07:43:55 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/department-of-justice-quietly-stops-publishing-statistics-on-interracial-violent-crimes.616872/

that first reply  :lol

This is most likely because of that disgustingly misleading black on black crime meme Trump repeatedly tweeted and other widespread incorrect readings of this or similar data. The data appears to be of questionable quality and it was being grossly misinterpreted, so was it providing much positive value as a part of the overall report? I'm no statistician but my gut says no

:nothing

"Its Orange Man Bad, also people can't read data, also the data is bad, also even if it is right my truthiness says its not"

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26662 on: August 08, 2022, 08:45:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/department-of-justice-quietly-stops-publishing-statistics-on-interracial-violent-crimes.616872/

that first reply  :lol

This is most likely because of that disgustingly misleading black on black crime meme Trump repeatedly tweeted and other widespread incorrect readings of this or similar data. The data appears to be of questionable quality and it was being grossly misinterpreted, so was it providing much positive value as a part of the overall report? I'm no statistician but my gut says no

:nothing

"Its Orange Man Bad, also people can't read data, also the data is bad, also even if it is right my truthiness says its not"
A truly progressive forum would realise that it's poor on poor crime, especially relating to violent crimes...but an especially racist forum would make everything about skin colour.
Spud

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #26663 on: August 08, 2022, 08:58:02 AM »
I'm going to jail for 6 - 12 months.  No amirox stuff.  A basic ass DUI and I ignored some of the probation requirements.  I'll see you guys on the other side.  Or sooner.

I'll trade a plumperpass membership for 6 months (you have to give it back) for 2,000 LiveJasmin Credits. 

Bro, how did you fuck up probation?

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26664 on: August 08, 2022, 09:05:39 AM »
Damn, Conner can't ever catch a break. :lol

Superboy Prime in shambles.  :stahp
©@©™

MMaRsu

• Administrator
« Reply #26665 on: August 08, 2022, 10:52:11 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/saints-row-reboot-releases-in-2-weeks-are-you-excited.616827/page-7#post-91249797

God can someone tell these clowns that its not the diverse cast, but the writing and the hipster attitude
What

Boredfrom

« Reply #26666 on: August 08, 2022, 10:52:39 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/erik-davis-idris-elba-says-he’s-got-a-really-big-thing-cooking-for-dc-right-now.617181/

Guess the first posts.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26667 on: August 08, 2022, 11:14:26 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/saints-row-reboot-releases-in-2-weeks-are-you-excited.616827/page-7#post-91249797

God can someone tell these clowns that its not the diverse cast, but the writing and the hipster attitude

What? But Saints Row 5 is the first game ever to feature a diverse cast. It's the only explanation.  :stahp

spoiler (click to show/hide)
My favourite are people who say something like: "people are so dumb, the franchise has always been diverse, why are they complaining" and then don't realize that this means the problem likely lies somewhere else
[close]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 11:26:59 AM by HaughtyFrank »

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #26668 on: August 08, 2022, 12:08:53 PM »

Bro, how did you fuck up probation?

He probably did an Ethan Couch

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26669 on: August 08, 2022, 12:15:41 PM »

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26670 on: August 08, 2022, 12:18:29 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bridget-announced-for-guilty-gear-strive-season-2-out-august-8th-today-update-bridget-is-trans-now-she-her.617094/page-6#post-91254120
omg she's actively questioning. 🥹
Cool to see Bridget back but that thread lol

So someone who was forced to dress as a girl since birth and then becoming trans is good trans represantion? Sounds more like the current rightwing fantasy about indoctrination.

Meanwhile they freaked the fuck out because cyberpunk showed some trans dick  ::)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 12:38:52 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26671 on: August 08, 2022, 12:33:47 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bridget-announced-for-guilty-gear-strive-season-2-out-august-8th-today-update-bridget-is-trans-now-she-her.617094/page-6#post-91254120
omg she's actively questioning. 🥹
Cool to see Bridget back but that thread lol

So is someone who was forced to dress as a girl since birth and then becoming trans good trans represantion? Sounds more like the current rightwing fantasy about indoctrination.

Meanwhile they freaked the fuck out because cyberpunk showed some trans dick  ::)
I'm glad that Arc System Works put so much thought into Bridget's character development and are respectful about it. It seems a lot better than Poison.
I think it's because Bridget is a teen

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26672 on: August 08, 2022, 12:46:37 PM »
yeah bridget's story is some john money shit
 :kobeyuck
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26673 on: August 08, 2022, 12:47:36 PM »
Surprised they didn't complain about Johnny when he groomed her in XX.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26674 on: August 08, 2022, 12:48:43 PM »
They're also forgetting that they should be mad that her voice actress is cis. It's almost like their outrages are just a farce

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26675 on: August 08, 2022, 01:00:22 PM »
Shut up :titus

they wouldn't have cared about cyberpunk if it wasn't for the social media guy making that joke
[close]
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26676 on: August 08, 2022, 01:57:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bridget-announced-for-guilty-gear-strive-season-2-out-august-8th-today-update-bridget-is-trans-now-she-her.617094/page-8#post-91261569
Bridget being trans is a huge improvement and absolutely a step in the right direction. It doesn't undo my issues with the way the character was done in the past and it's always going to be hard for me to not view her negatively because of those experiances, but this is the best way they could have approached this and kudos to ArcSys for taking the steps. I worry it'll make the t-slur crowd that much more bold, but I good thing has been done here and I'm glad to see it.
???
I wish I wasn't dog shit at fighting games so I could participate more in announcements like this.
Someone already posted a spoiler and sounds like that person is nutting to it lol..

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26677 on: August 08, 2022, 02:22:49 PM »
I really need to stop using "literally" so frequently when I don't mean "literally" it's a bad habit in my vernacular and that's totally on me.

ὕβρις

Boredfrom

« Reply #26678 on: August 08, 2022, 02:24:39 PM »
Honestly, they probably make Bridget trans because “lol he is a boy” jokes will not fly today. The character sounds to always being fetish fuel, btw, but people didn’t use to freak out because of it.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26679 on: August 08, 2022, 02:35:34 PM »
Honestly, they probably make Bridget trans because “lol he is a boy” jokes will not fly today. The character sounds to always being fetish fuel, btw, but people didn’t use to freak out because of it.
Yeah, I agree on the jokes part.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26680 on: August 08, 2022, 02:36:45 PM »

But now it's femboy erasure

https://twitter.com/PunishedNeutral/status/1556672623219806210

:nintex

BIONIC

« Reply #26681 on: August 08, 2022, 03:24:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/alabama-city-disbands-entire-police-department-over-racist-text-as-bad-as-you-think-it-is-it-is-far-worse.617274/

I gotta say, in terms of racist shit, that’s pretty tame  :idont

Clickbait  :rage
[close]
Margs

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26682 on: August 08, 2022, 03:30:30 PM »

:wow
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #26683 on: August 08, 2022, 03:33:18 PM »
They didn't find out this guy was running a troll account until he said something normal and reasonable?  What a masterful troll.

BIONIC

Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #26685 on: August 08, 2022, 03:49:31 PM »

FACT CHECK:  Arresting people over tasteless jokes is not fascism.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26686 on: August 08, 2022, 03:51:32 PM »
Literally cancelled for telling jokes :tocry
🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26687 on: August 08, 2022, 03:58:24 PM »
They didn't find out this guy was running a troll account until he said something normal and reasonable?  What a masterful troll.

to be fair it looked like they joined the day era opened with less than 300 posts and that's been evidence enough for them countless times over the years

and yet, if you thought you were some sort of masterful troll lurking in wait to cause mayhem after an agonizing 5 year wait for your plans to come to fruition, you would think you would have more to say than "nah"
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #26688 on: August 08, 2022, 04:08:58 PM »

FACT CHECK:  Arresting every police officer who doesn't comply with The Ideology and The Praxis on assuring proper ethnic breakdown of arrests:   Not fascism.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 04:14:34 PM by Propagandhim »

Vertigo

« Reply #26689 on: August 08, 2022, 04:13:49 PM »
That Juri thread on era is interesting I thought ERA mods dont like sexually charged conversations about female characters and yet in that thread there are frequent conversations about her feet in a sexual context.

Are they finally loosening up?

:cornette

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26690 on: August 08, 2022, 04:21:20 PM »
race wasn't even mentioned anywhere, though

Of the 40+ million people estimated to be currently living in slavery today, the majority are in India, China and Bangladesh.

But of course the notion of slavery is uniquely MURICA and uniquely offensive to MURICANS

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26691 on: August 08, 2022, 04:26:29 PM »
This is very important to note. White liberalism is not enough to result in anti-racist outcomes when concerning anti-Black racism. You need Black people for that, and thus more work on these fronts is being done in Black communities all across the South than in white-ass suburbs in Vermont.

I cant say there aren't any black american slaves in america as a certainty, but its not a major fucking problem in [CURRENT_YEAR]

Propagandhim

« Reply #26692 on: August 08, 2022, 04:28:34 PM »
I have to say, with how much she uses lowercase as a way to vent her contempt for CACs, I'm surprised she capitalized Vermont. 

Boredfrom

« Reply #26693 on: August 08, 2022, 04:32:32 PM »
I mean, it is a very tasteless joke and undermines people trust on their local cops. Dunno if it deserves to disband all the police department, but is not exactly the first time cops organize in social networks groups to be assholes or shit talk minorities, so maybe he is not the only one.

BIONIC

« Reply #26694 on: August 08, 2022, 04:36:56 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kimberly-juri-officially-announced-for-street-fighter-6.617088/#post-91239102

User Banned (Permanent): Racism, Continued racist commentary in an appeal

Quote from: halcali, post: 91239102, member: 31794
KIMBERLY looks like Shanaynay from Martin
(Image removed from quote.)
Margs

Propagandhim

« Reply #26695 on: August 08, 2022, 04:38:38 PM »
I mean, it is a very tasteless joke and undermines people trust on their local cops. Dunno if it deserves to disband all the police department, but is not exactly the first time cops organize in social networks groups to be assholes or shit talk minorities, so maybe he is not the only one.

I don't think anyone is protesting his firing

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26696 on: August 08, 2022, 04:52:35 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/kimberly-juri-officially-announced-for-street-fighter-6.617088/#post-91239102

Lol, it was a month and now a perm.

Propagandhim

« Reply #26697 on: August 08, 2022, 05:06:32 PM »

:lol  :lol

Kimberly looks cool, though.  Love the spraypaint smoke effect in the new SF.

Averon

« Reply #26698 on: August 08, 2022, 05:29:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/variety-ezra-miller-they-them-charged-with-felony-burglary-in-vermont.617379/#post-91275990

Staff Message:
Ezra Miller goes by they/them pronouns. Misgendering will be subject to an automatic 2 week ban.

Fucking weird how they are harsher on people accidentally misgendering than the people giving well wishes to a criminal and possible pedophile.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26699 on: August 08, 2022, 05:36:40 PM »
This geezer is clearly out of control and literally no one is doing anything to get 'em off the streets.
Not even Mel Gibson.

I kinda feel sad for them that they apparently doesn't have any real friends to pull them out of this self-destructing behaviour :doge
🤴