Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1812729 times)

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26400 on: August 05, 2022, 06:43:08 AM »
Case in point. Clown invents a label. Gets called out  -

Quote from: Claven
It is a good game, but the lead designer is an alt-right, pro-Russian, neonazi, piece of fucking shit.

Do not support this studio, ever.

Calling him Nazi also seems completely made up, unless they want to declare Morrigan a Nazi as well for liking that same dumb album

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26401 on: August 05, 2022, 07:21:35 AM »
It's kind of amazing Thundercunt hasn't jumped in there to lecture them all yet

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #26402 on: August 05, 2022, 08:34:42 AM »
Benji and Pissy content:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/#post-91042968

Quote from: WildflowerWildfire, post: 91042968, member: 35136
Christ almighty. This is especially weird to me after moviebob said he thought there was nothing behind allegations regarding Miller.

:dead

Imagine using movieblob as a source for anything except lols or trying to find the worst take on an issue :heh
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1554256774181650433

I love how it doesn't take much for self styled progressive film robert to go full fash :heh
(ice)

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26403 on: August 05, 2022, 09:14:47 AM »
You mean the guy that said he hated the Nazis for giving eugenics a bad name?
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26404 on: August 05, 2022, 09:36:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-bill-burr-netflix-special-to-watch.616026/

:popcorn
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-bill-burr-netflix-special-to-watch.616026/#post-91089936
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory False Equivalence; Dismissing Concerns of Transphobia
Quick, close this thread before Americans wake up and tell you how much Bill Burr sucks and how much Netflix sucks and how much everything sucks.
More like antagonizing Planetsmasher  :lol

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26405 on: August 05, 2022, 09:45:00 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91056645
doesn't a big store like tesco have theft insurance anyways?

In a tweet, she said: "Can you please explain this? Do white people not steal then? Absolutely disgusting and not to mention racist!!!!"

you know how decisions like this get made?

when the store checks their inventory and discovers they have sold most of their stock of white make-up but almost none of their black make-up, yet somehow they're nearly out of both of them

The guy who pointed this out got permabanned for saying this. :mindblown

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26406 on: August 05, 2022, 09:46:40 AM »
I wonder if they could get away with demanding their pronouns be their full legal name.

They should identify as Innocent Of All Charges, so every time you say Ezra Miller Innocent Of All Charges, you also have to specify that they are innocent of all charges.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26407 on: August 05, 2022, 09:46:58 AM »
I wonder if they could get away with demanding their pronouns be their full legal name.

They should identify as Innocent Of All Charges, so every time you say Ezra Miller Innocent Of All Charges, you also have to specify that they are innocent of all charges.

THE ONLY JOKE, SHITLORD :wag

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26408 on: August 05, 2022, 09:49:59 AM »
I love how it doesn't take much for self styled progressive film robert to go full fash :heh
It'd be easier to find the days in which he doesn't advocate that the powerful just ignore the law, demand the ending of democracy or call for nearly all of the non-American population (and half of the American population) of the planet to be exterminated for being "obsolete" unlike himself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 09:56:52 AM by benjipwns »

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26409 on: August 05, 2022, 09:52:29 AM »
The journey to how fast they declared Zaslav a maga, racist, nazi is amazing.

And now they keep repeating it with the utmost certainty until no one questions it anymore.

its because when you cop a ban for even mild pushback on insanity - because playing devils advocate was #cancelled by the progressive catholic church - the only direction the insanity can go is to ratchet up further until it becomes It Is Known.

Like Codename Joanne: Agent Of T.E.R.F. heading up global genocide

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26410 on: August 05, 2022, 09:54:53 AM »
It's kind of amazing Thundercunt hasn't jumped in there to lecture them all yet

she was only into being a neonazi before it became mainstream :snob

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26411 on: August 05, 2022, 11:25:51 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91056645

In a tweet, she said: "Can you please explain this? Do white people not steal then? Absolutely disgusting and not to mention racist!!!!"

when the store checks their inventory and discovers they have sold most of their stock of white make-up but almost none of their black make-up, yet somehow they're nearly out of both of them

Quote from: Lyrael
Let's say that I'm a card game shop. I sell Magic, Pokemon, and YuGiOh booster packs. I notice that a lot of the YuGiOh booster packs are being stolen, so I put anti theft tags on them. That's a pretty logical decision, right?|

To me, a similar case could very, very easily be happening here. They notice that the darker tones of makeup are getting stolen at a rate above the usual shrinkage rate, so they put security/anti theft tags on them.

They even say so in the article

"Our stores may sometimes use security tags on items which have recently been subject to theft and the decision to do so changes from store to store.

If people want to fight racism, I'm right there with them. But absent evidence to the contrary, the explanation of "All of our makeup is getting stolen a ton, and we're only going to put anti theft tags on the makeup for black people" seems a bit more ridiculous than "We noticed a few makeup SKUs were seeing higher than expected rates of theft, so we secured those SKUs". The latter seems more reasonable, and the more likely explanation here.
Holy fuck this take is awful.

Willfully defending systemic racism, oof.

In the example you cited I would put all those items in a cabinet which only staff can access so customers have to ask for them. Not put tags on one specific item.

oof oof, shit take fam, this privilege, I can't even, etc etc

also if you want to talk about equal protection of products divided by race that's one discussion, but to say that for the example he cited? magic, pokemon, and yugioh all need to be protected equally because one of them is stolen?

imagine you're wal-mart and someone keeps stealing your hot dogs so you lock up all food items in fully half the store just to protect all food equally  :doge
Uncle

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #26412 on: August 05, 2022, 12:01:11 PM »
Someone bring up Morrigans Metal Nazi forum in that Kingdom Come thread please

"He also wore a NeoNazi band shirt during a GamesCom interview once."

He wore a Burzum shirt. That band Morrigan has praised a number of times. Funny how none of them ever bring that up.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-wow.615459/#post-91028895

Here's the Era link:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what%E2%80%99s-up-with-heavy-metal-and-medieval-fantasy-imagery.579287/page-2#post-86038190

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-wow.615459/page-2#post-91044363
Quote from: astroturfing
Quote from: Drek
If I recall correctly it was Burzum, but just working off memory.
hahah, well of course. the most overrated pseudo-intellectual metal band of all time.. and yeah the frontman is an extremist idiot of some sort, iirc he believes in silly pagan stuff and dabbles in "racial theories" so neonazi is probably an apt description.

i DO know some people who listen to Burzum and claim fervently not to be racist, fanboying over Neil deGrasse Tyson (who is black of course) and enjoying black music/art... so its weird. what am i supposed to think of these folk..? i know crypto-nazis exist but yea i dunno. maybe they are just ignorant. or want attention by being edgy and contrarian.

there seems to be more evidence of this dude being a bigot than just wearing that shirt though so in his case its just more evidence on the pile i guess, so yeah fuck him. even IF he is "just trolling" or something its not much better, a fuckface is still a fuckface.

Morrigan annihilated.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:11:20 PM by Hap Shaughnessy »
OBE

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26413 on: August 05, 2022, 12:14:47 PM »

Let's say that I'm a card game shop. I sell Magic, Pokemon, and YuGiOh booster packs. I notice that a lot of the YuGiOh booster packs are being stolen, so I put anti theft tags on them. That's a pretty logical decision, right?|

To me, a similar case could very, very easily be happening here. They notice that the darker tones of makeup are getting stolen at a rate above the usual shrinkage rate, so they put security/anti theft tags on them.

"Our stores may sometimes use security tags on items which have recently been subject to theft and the decision to do so changes from store to store.

If people want to fight racism, I'm right there with them. But absent evidence to the contrary, the explanation of "All of our makeup is getting stolen a ton, and we're only going to put anti theft tags on the makeup for black people" seems a bit more ridiculous than "We noticed a few makeup SKUs were seeing higher than expected rates of theft, so we secured those SKUs". The latter seems more reasonable, and the more likely explanation here.

In the example you cited I would put all those items in a cabinet which only staff can access so customers have to ask for them. Not put tags on one specific item.

oof oof, shit take fam, this privilege, I can't even, etc etc

also if you want to talk about equal protection of products divided by race that's one discussion, but to say that for the example he cited? magic, pokemon, and yugioh all need to be protected equally because one of them is stolen?

imagine you're wal-mart and someone keeps stealing your hot dogs so you lock up all food items in fully half the store just to protect all food equally  :doge

Remember, three mods signed off on that ban.

:idont

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26414 on: August 05, 2022, 12:51:51 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/page-2#post-91044249

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Mocking non-binary pronouns, numerous bigotry related infractions
Quote from: ginger ninja
They/them have lost their mind.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26415 on: August 05, 2022, 12:54:12 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wnba-star-brittney-griner-convicted-and-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-by-russian-judge-for-drug-possession-and-smuggling.615732/page-2#post-91058130

:cop User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Quote from: MrBigBy
Maybe next time don't go to foreign country and assume local laws do not apply to you because you're an American.
Fuck Russia but the amount of people in this thread that defend her purely because she's a woman/poc is weird.
If she did that in Singapore or Malaysia, she would have gotten more than just jail time or possibly a noose.
One cannot plead ignorance when certain countries have very strict drug laws.

I wonder if people that defend her so hard in this thread are so sympathetic towards foreigners that break laws in Us and go to jail because they didn't know the local law.
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26416 on: August 05, 2022, 12:58:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-friend-crush-blocked-my-number%E2%80%A6.615495/page-3#post-91017843
Permbanned user
Never ever give a woman money for any circumstance if isn’t your wife or a family member (and even this is questionable).
What is this take?
A couple posts later
https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-friend-crush-blocked-my-number%E2%80%A6.615495/page-3#post-91018146
User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Rhetoric
jfc, there's money, sex, AND a kid involved. Just write that money off and move on. She'll be back in your DMs next time she's broke.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-friend-crush-blocked-my-number%E2%80%A6.615495/page-4#post-91018248
:cop User Banned (2 Weeks): Sexist Rhetoric
Quote from: rjinaz
Quote from: Godfather
jfc, there's money, sex, AND a kid involved. Just write that money off and move on. She'll be back in your DMs next time she's broke.
Kind of where I am leaning.
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #26417 on: August 05, 2022, 01:50:50 PM »

It's almost like they'd prefer the explanation for everything to always be deliberate racism/white supremacy. :hmm

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #26418 on: August 05, 2022, 02:09:51 PM »

It's almost like they'd prefer the explanation for everything to always be deliberate racism/white supremacy. :hmm

Well it is true if we had dismantled white supremecy/capitalism/colonialism, this wouldn't have happened.
©@©™

Averon

« Reply #26419 on: August 05, 2022, 02:14:17 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-bill-burr-netflix-special-to-watch.616026/

This entire thread is just people desperately tying to convince others that Tim Heidecker's funny and to switch to watching him from Bill Burr.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26420 on: August 05, 2022, 02:14:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/china-fires-missiles-directly-over-taiwan-for-first-time-in-serious-escalation-of-military-threats.615927/page-5#post-91100598

:cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations
Quote from: Culex
Quote from: Killer
US fuck around and found out. On the expense of another nation of course.
You’re a spousal abuser aren’t you?
OBE

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26421 on: August 05, 2022, 02:21:39 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-bill-burr-netflix-special-to-watch.616026/page-2#post-91100742

Quote from: Dodongo
Tim Heidecker's comedy is too subtle for some people.

He doesn't explain the joke, or slap the mic against his leg, so it's confusing for the kind of person who likes low-hanging fruit.

:snob
OBE

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26422 on: August 05, 2022, 02:21:49 PM »
Such a nice and welcoming community, where do I sign up?
🤴

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26423 on: August 05, 2022, 02:27:20 PM »
I like Tim Heidecker but somehow propping him up as Bill Burr replacement is pretty stupid

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26424 on: August 05, 2022, 02:29:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/china-fires-missiles-directly-over-taiwan-for-first-time-in-serious-escalation-of-military-threats.615927/page-5#post-91100598

:cop User banned (1 week): inflammatory accusations
Quote from: Culex
Quote from: Killer
US fuck around and found out. On the expense of another nation of course.
You’re a spousal abuser aren’t you?

I wonder how the mods can reconcile  "fucked around and found out" and "victim blaming"

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26425 on: August 05, 2022, 02:41:18 PM »
Usually with race. :trumps
OBE

benjipwns

« Reply #26426 on: August 05, 2022, 02:45:17 PM »
Well it is true if we had dismantled white supremecy/capitalism/colonialism, this wouldn't have happened.
I do my part almost every day in AdVenture Communist, Joe.

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26427 on: August 05, 2022, 03:09:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91058427
Quote from: Conal
Obviously there are numerous socio-economic reasons for why a higher percentage of darker skinned people are in a financial position where they can't afford make up but these tags are put on the products that are stolen the most.

Quote from: OtakuCoder
No, you’d protect them all, as they all fall under the umbrella of easy smuggled items with decent resell value. Not to mention: if you only protect one, what’d you think the shoplifters would move on to?

Dark skinned people are not going to steal make up designed for lighter skin for personal use, come on. You can't tag every item in the store that's not a viable solution.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91058913
:cop S+ User Banned (3 Month): Excusing Systemic Racism Over Multiple Posts; Prior Bans for Dismissive Commentary Around Racism
If you can’t afford to tag everything, then alternative solutions exist. You could tag intermittent items at semi-random, for example.
What? You tag what is being stolen. This is some 'all houses matter' bs.
Quote from: Lightning Count
This is a great video if you want to understand the bullshit behind corporate anti shoplifting practices.
I've liked a lot of this guys work but this video seems pretty ridiculous. It implies that 0.5% of revenue lost to shoplifting is basically nothing when that is clearly not the case.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91059834
Quote from:  Conal
Quote from: Volimar
Tesco is not going to go broke tagging the entire make up line instead of just the darker tones.
This I agree with. It's also stupid of Tesco not to see how optically terrible this is, but there is nothing inherently wrong with tagging products that are stolen more. 0.5% of revenue is a lot of money lol

https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/page-2#post-91088169
Quote from: Kyuuji
In this instance they admit that these items weren't meant to be tagged though.
I mean yeah, what else are they meant to say at this point, "sorry about that, it's just darker skinned people steal more makeup"?

This is systemic racism, where the systems at play lead to unequal outcomes, not the racist actions of any one person in the chain.
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26428 on: August 05, 2022, 03:15:55 PM »

This entire thread is just people desperately tying to convince others that Tim Heidecker's funny and to switch to watching him from Bill Burr.
Quick, close this thread before Americans wake up and tell you how much Bill Burr sucks and how much Netflix sucks and how much everything sucks.
ZeoVagina
You wouldn't have made this post if you weren't aware why people on Era dislike Burr and Netflix.

Which means you legitimately came into the thread just to preemptively dismiss concerns about transphobia.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26429 on: August 05, 2022, 03:16:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/what-bill-burr-netflix-special-to-watch.616026/page-2#post-91100742

Quote from: Dodongo
Tim Heidecker's comedy is too subtle for some people.

He doesn't explain the joke, or slap the mic against his leg, so it's confusing for the kind of person who likes low-hanging fruit.

:snob

"oh yeah I agree, it's sophisticated in the same way that rick and morty's humor is"
Uncle

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26430 on: August 05, 2022, 03:22:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-great-regression-to-understand-why-so-many-adults-are-acting-just-like-children-don%E2%80%99t-blame-millennials-%E2%80%93-look-to-japan-in-the-1990s.616074/
I have a Cambridge educated guy on my team, probably 30, who is a literal manchild clown. I don’t know how he was able to reach the age of 30 with zero practical skills, zero social skills, the laziness of a sloth, and the responsibility of a 5 year old. Regressing to infantile behaviours as a way of expressing doubt at the future, fine, but don’t make me have to deal with your lazy ass not working at all when you’re earning a paycheque
Just because someone is an adult doesn't mean you stop enjoying things from your childhood.

An adult should be able to enjog Disney, play video games, play card games, and wants cuddles while also holding a 9-5 and having children.

The world is viewed as being shit, so if a 35 year old wants to be married by Winnie the Pooh, good on them.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ill-be-a-dad-soon-im-mourning-the-life-im-losing.614640/
 :hmm

benjipwns

« Reply #26431 on: August 05, 2022, 03:39:41 PM »
If you can’t afford to tag everything, then alternative solutions exist. You could tag intermittent items at semi-random, for example.
Why would you ever possibly think this is somehow a solution?

"I don't understand it, we tagged everything in the store randomly but somehow cell phones are still the thing being stolen the most!"

benjipwns

BisMarckie

« Reply #26433 on: August 05, 2022, 03:46:42 PM »

Why would you ever possibly think this is somehow a solution?

"I don't understand it, we tagged everything in the store randomly but somehow cell phones are still the thing being stolen the most!"

Good news: Pickles theft is at an all time low!

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26434 on: August 05, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/30-crowd-do-you-find-yourself-opting-out-of-buying-games-you-are-otherwise-interested-in-because-they-are-difficult-or-too-long.616173/#post-91104195

Quote from: Hippopuncher12, post: 91104195, member: 361
I'm 41 and no.  I buy whatever I am interested in regardless of length or difficulty etc, however I will say in terms of the difficulty problem I don't really have any problems playing games that are hard, I may be 41 but I still have solid reflexes etc. Length is a bigger issue since I have 3 children so it does take longer to get through things, but in the end it doesn't matter much to me.

For reference since you mentioned Elden Ring, I got the platinum on both PS4 and PS5 within 3 weeks of launch.

:walkaway   :six:  :crybaby               :gamer
Margs

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26435 on: August 05, 2022, 04:20:55 PM »
Of all the comics to tell a person to pivot to from Bill Burr they select Tim Heidecker?

That's like suggesting Emo Philips over Seinfeld. At least choose someone in the relative genre. 

But I forget that the only thing that makes something funny is if it punches up and is told in the cadence of a joke about orange cheeto man the 45th (Trump.)
sigh

ShutUp

« Reply #26436 on: August 05, 2022, 04:26:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/page-2#post-91044249

:cop User Banned (Duration Pending): Mocking non-binary pronouns, numerous bigotry related infractions

Not even safe when you use the proper pronouns now

Propagandhim

« Reply #26437 on: August 05, 2022, 04:28:53 PM »

Nepenthe sweating reading this comment, dreading all the extra work she has to do at the store to dismantle white colonialism.

ShutUp

« Reply #26438 on: August 05, 2022, 04:29:55 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/30-crowd-do-you-find-yourself-opting-out-of-buying-games-you-are-otherwise-interested-in-because-they-are-difficult-or-too-long.616173/#post-91104195

I'm 41 and no.  I buy whatever I am interested in regardless of length or difficulty etc, however I will say in terms of the difficulty problem I don't really have any problems playing games that are hard, I may be 41 but I still have solid reflexes etc. Length is a bigger issue since I have 3 children so it does take longer to get through things, but in the end it doesn't matter much to me.

For reference since you mentioned Elden Ring, I got the platinum on both PS4 and PS5 within 3 weeks of launch.

Three kids and managed to PLATINUM on both the PS4 and PS5? In just three weeks? No goddamn way  :lol

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26439 on: August 05, 2022, 04:30:01 PM »

Not even safe when you use the proper pronouns now

Should have said "they/it/zir has lost their/its/zirs mind"
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 04:35:24 PM by HaughtyFrank »

benjipwns

« Reply #26440 on: August 05, 2022, 04:32:10 PM »
Of all the comics to tell a person to pivot to from Bill Burr they select Tim Heidecker?

That's like suggesting Emo Philips over Seinfeld. At least choose someone in the relative genre. 

But I forget that the only thing that makes something funny is if it punches up and is told in the cadence of a joke about orange cheeto man the 45th (Trump.)
You want to watch a Patrice O'Neal special but he's dead? Have you tried Hannah Gadsby's Nanette?

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26441 on: August 05, 2022, 04:45:00 PM »
They’re so mad Burr won’t bend to them and they have literally zero comedians on his scale they can recommend

Kurt Russell

« Reply #26442 on: August 05, 2022, 04:47:45 PM »

I don't get this. Isn't that the correct pronouns for fucko?
woke

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26443 on: August 05, 2022, 04:47:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fitnessera-do-i-need-to-lift-heavy-to-build-lean-muscle-mass.616038/#post-91090224
WeekendEra thread?

Like this reads like some HumbleBrag post or something - You're already benching more than most people full-stop.
:umad

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26444 on: August 05, 2022, 04:53:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/page-4#post-91052913
Quote from: Blader
Quote from: SalvaPot
When did Era decide the first Joker was bad? Lol.

I enjoyed the first one, I'm in for the second one.
Before the movie even came out some here had whipped themselves into a frenzy about how it was going to inspire a wave of incel-driven mass shootings.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/page-4#post-91053240
Quote from: Dank Lotion
The premiere of this is gonna be something else when incel fans from the first movie and gaga fans... interact. Think I'm more excited about that drama than the movie 😆
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26445 on: August 05, 2022, 04:54:27 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/best-way-to-deal-with-ear-wax-build-up.616101/#post-91096353
Pour some Peroxide in there
What the fuck are you trying to get me killed? I am not putting peroxide in my ears.

This is like Trump telling people to drink bleach instead of getting vaccinated.

Edit: Maybe this isn't quite as bad I thought, but I'm still not keen on this idea.

BIONIC

« Reply #26446 on: August 05, 2022, 04:54:31 PM »

Three kids and managed to PLATINUM on both the PS4 and PS5? In just three weeks? No goddamn way  :lol

His wife’s boyfriend brings home the bacon
spoiler (click to show/hide)
in more ways than one  :rash
[close]
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #26447 on: August 05, 2022, 04:58:54 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/page-4#post-91052913
Quote from: Blader
Quote from: SalvaPot

Before the movie even came out some here had whipped themselves into a frenzy about how it was going to inspire a wave of incel-driven mass shootings.
Quote from: Vonocourt
Truly just a case of ERA being ERA...

Oh wait...
https://deadline.com/2019/10/joker-movie-theaters-new-york-police-plan-opening-weekend-undercover-1202749565/
Does the behavior only count as ridiculous if it's exclusive to some Era members? I didn't even say "era being era", you just wrote that.
You responded to someone asking to why ERA hates this movie with post that makes it sound like ERA members were pulling concerns from thin air, when it clearly was on the minds of a lot of people given this movie's connection to the Aurora, Colorado shooting.
:era

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26448 on: August 05, 2022, 05:00:40 PM »
It took me a month to get to that cunt on the bridge. I just got to Volcano Manor this week.

BIONIC

« Reply #26449 on: August 05, 2022, 05:01:37 PM »
This Vonocourt individual is slowly moving up the ranks of taste  :reeeee makers on the website
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26450 on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:02 PM »
You responded to someone asking to why ERA hates this movie with post that makes it sound like ERA members were pulling concerns from thin air, when it clearly was on the minds of a lot of people given this movie's connection to the Aurora, Colorado shooting.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/post-91053747

There was no connection you dumbfuck. Might as well worry about shootings at every comic book movie.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26451 on: August 05, 2022, 05:03:16 PM »

I really wish people would stop assuming that everyone here has the exact same opinion of media.

I didn't really like the first movie, I know people here who did. I'll probably watch this streaming at some point for gaga.

benjipwns

« Reply #26452 on: August 05, 2022, 05:04:32 PM »
There was no connection you dumbfuck. Might as well worry about shootings at every comic book movie.
They admitted they just made that shit up but claim they're right anyway:
There was no connection to the Colorado shooting. Good lord something about this movie that makes people turn into bigger clowns than it's subject.
Film in the same franchise starring the character that the shooter fashioned his appearance after... but yeah no connection.
Just looked that up, made up shit.

The DA said this shooter had no connection or obsession with the character. It was an unfounded rumor that caught fire because a batman movie screening happened to be shot up. Tragic event but latching it onto this completely unrelated flick to spur up panic is tacky as hell and continues to be embarrassing.
Aight, I was wrong about him fashioning his appearance, but my point was always the concerns were about copycats.

Like it didn't get headlines, but there was increased security for BVS opening weekend too because of Aurora. And by you're definition that was completely "unrelated" too.
It was, there's nothing about Batman that makes someone shoot people. :batman

Hap Shaughnessy

« Reply #26453 on: August 05, 2022, 05:05:20 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/page-4#post-91053747

:dead Seven years before Joker was released and the shooter wasn't inspired by the joker.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/joker-aurora-shooting-rumor
The Joker Didn’t Inspire the Aurora Shooter, but the Rumor Won’t Go Away
James Holmes was not dressed as the Joker when he killed 12 people in a movie theater in 2012, but the potent rumor continues to provoke fear—and worries of copycats.

Edit: Spent time finding citations. :hmph
OBE

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26454 on: August 05, 2022, 05:10:09 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/lady-gaga-confirmed-to-star-in-joker-folie-%C3%A0-deux.615726/page-4#post-91053747

:dead Seven years before Joker was released and the shooter wasn't inspired by the joker.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/joker-aurora-shooting-rumor
The Joker Didn’t Inspire the Aurora Shooter, but the Rumor Won’t Go Away
James Holmes was not dressed as the Joker when he killed 12 people in a movie theater in 2012, but the potent rumor continues to provoke fear—and worries of copycats.

There was no connection to the Colorado shooting. Good lord something about this movie that makes people turn into bigger clowns than it's subject.
:lol

BIONIC

« Reply #26455 on: August 05, 2022, 05:11:04 PM »

Spending time finding citations while you could’ve posted your hot take immediately and gotten more likes, curious  :society
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26456 on: August 05, 2022, 05:11:16 PM »
They admitted they just made that shit up but claim they're right anyway:
Film in the same franchise starring the character that the shooter fashioned his appearance after... but yeah no connection.
Just looked that up, made up shit.

The DA said this shooter had no connection or obsession with the character. It was an unfounded rumor that caught fire because a batman movie screening happened to be shot up. Tragic event but latching it onto this completely unrelated flick to spur up panic is tacky as hell and continues to be embarrassing.
Aight, I was wrong about him fashioning his appearance, but my point was always the concerns were about copycats.

Like it didn't get headlines, but there was increased security for BVS opening weekend too because of Aurora. And by you're definition that was completely "unrelated" too.
It was, there's nothing about Batman that makes someone shoot people. :batman

Like every good moral panic it reaches the stage where they want to will it into existence.

"I'm so worried that a copycat killer will show up in the King's theater downtown at the 20:30 showing, entering through the backdoor that is lightly propped open by the lazy janitor who doesn't want to bother with the keys. They'll likely use a semi automatic shotgun which is sold at various locations like here, here and here"

Boredfrom

« Reply #26457 on: August 05, 2022, 05:16:22 PM »
Vonocourt is acting like a cunt in that thread.  :lol

Why that user isn’t thread banned? Is clear she (?) doesn’t have any intention of talk positively about the film and just wants to bitch about imaginary incel uprisings.

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26458 on: August 05, 2022, 05:17:11 PM »
I’m never going to theatres again. So this is just another reason to not pay for streaming services.
ὕβρις

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26459 on: August 05, 2022, 05:18:30 PM »
Vonocourt is acting like a cunt in that thread.  :lol

Why that user isn’t thread banned? Is clear she (?) doesn’t have any intention of talk positively about the film and just wants to bitch about imaginary incel uprisings.

She should for posting misinformation tbh