Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1809498 times)

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
Re: Other Forums Containment Thread
« Reply #26341 on: August 04, 2022, 12:55:10 PM »
gaga is a dago, it won't be hard to find soemthing problematic about her if they need to :rollsafe
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #26342 on: August 04, 2022, 01:18:58 PM »
They cancel Bat-Girl but not the Flash movie....smh.

:brain

Remember how hard they bitched to Fox/Disney about cancelling New Mutants because everyone hated it? Suddenly they are concerned about a C-tier film.

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #26343 on: August 04, 2022, 01:20:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wnba-star-brittney-griner-convicted-and-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-by-russian-judge-for-drug-possession-and-smuggling.615732/#post-91050459
Like yeah of course the punishment is way worse than the crime. But it's also incredibly stupid to bring drugs into Russia. Like, incredibly stupid.

Hope they're able to get her out of there
Can we not victim blame, please?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wnba-star-brittney-griner-convicted-and-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-by-russian-judge-for-drug-possession-and-smuggling.615732/#post-91050723
Holy shit, the US did not want to negotiate? They fucking left her to rot.
:derp

Boredfrom

« Reply #26344 on: August 04, 2022, 01:26:54 PM »
Exchange arms dealer war criminal for an sports athlete?

Yeah… not exactly hard…

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #26345 on: August 04, 2022, 02:17:37 PM »
After all the racism talk I though they'd have something to say about how the batgirl actress weirdly whitewashed herself in an instagram picture wearing the costume

https://www.resetera.com/threads/batgirl-film-cancelled-no-plans-to-release-film-on-hbo-max-or-theaters.614961/post-91023384

Or maybe ultra high contrast is just cool filter for the kiddies today?  ???
Never forget what they took from us.
:dead
This is going to turn into a situation where someone, somewhere down the line, decides to release the movie to a streaming service and the Reeeeeseterans decide that it MUST be the greatest movie ever made and convince themselves that a steaming pile of shit is great just because it's got a non-white male lead. Then it will be deemed to be racist to criticise said steaming pile of shit movie and many bannings will ensue resulting in much activity in this thread.
Spud

Averon

« Reply #26346 on: August 04, 2022, 02:59:52 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/page-4#post-91052412
Quote from: Modi
The reality is if he continuing this madness he will be shot dead.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Misgendering

I see ERA mods are still on top of the thing that truly matters in regards to Erza Miller--making sure we are all using the correct pronouns.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #26347 on: August 04, 2022, 03:03:09 PM »
Why does that even have to be a ban? It was obviously not malicious. This kind of over the top policing of pronouns is how you get people to hate all that pronoun shit

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #26348 on: August 04, 2022, 03:37:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/soul-hackers-2-previews-are-dropping-now-“shaping-up-to-be-one-of-the-most-stylish-jrpgs-in-years”.615684/

Thread started by a mod with no mention of Atlus’ phobic crimes  :society
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26349 on: August 04, 2022, 03:57:24 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-us-has-offered-to-swap-convicted-russian-arms-dealer-viktor-bout-as-part-of-an-exchange-for-imprisoned-americans-brittney-griner-and-paul-whelan.612747/page-2#post-91053996
I mean Griner did break Russia law on the eve of the Russian invasion, and while we can say she is unjustly being held as a political pawn. It's also worth pointing out how many thousands of Americans are currently in jail for similarly bogus charges because of our own system and that was she not a celebrity that the media has chased headlines around, she very likely would not be currently considered for such a trade.

And you can't just go into another country and break their laws, let alone Russia, let alone Russia on the eve of it challenging the West completely. That was always like the golden rule of traveling to Russia is be smart, be careful, don't give them an excuse to target you. And yes, by being a celebrity she was already in the crosshairs, but that makes the possession even more foolish for her. Again, the punishment is unjust for its length of time and there might be times in which the Embassy can work these things out, but often times people who get caught in Russia do have to serve time on stuff like this even in the best case non war scenarios.

And now Russia may possibly end up with someone dangerous released out of that mistake, and that's always going to bother me. Either she was horribly misinformed about the nature of things there or she downplayed the risk for any number of reasons and now we're in a fucked situation trying to find an exchange.
how about you go fuck your self you fucking asshole
:badass
You know what, I'll genuinely apologize for my earlier post in a moment of general frustration aimed at the fact that many international people and organizations were ignoring warnings of Russia's ramp up, potential invasion, and collapsing geopolitical front to continue operating in Russia as if nothing would happen or would impact them while those in Ukraine for weeks were watching years of work be liquidated and people jettisoned in mass from the country including myself as the invasion turned likely. And I'm being an entirely unfair and frankly an angry bastard about that. That's not right of me to do on any level.

That said, I've also lived in Russia before and people can make all kinds of inferences they want, but I am serious when I say it's always be a known reality that you do everything you can to minimize risk as an international, especially as an American with any connection to a wider audience or officials. Because it's been a known quantity for years that the "laws" are just theoretical ideas that don't apply when you're a higher value target of local and national enforcement. And no, that's not fair at all, but it's a system a lot of people have had to navigate and it's also a system where I've seen and heard of people failing to take it seriously only for it to blow up in their face. Because as a high profile person in Russia, the law is whatever they stand to gain by enforcing their creation on you. See Navalny and others who have watched laws completely change around them for the Russian state to operate in its preferred way around them. And every time people haven't taken those realities seriously, they've created nightmare scenarios for the Embassy that sometimes work out, and other times don't because again, the law is built around maximum gains for the Russian state.

We don't know the true specifics of what went down and to what degree Russia decided to make this reality happen. They could have planted evidence absolutely, that's well within Russia's modus operandi and relatively low on the list of things they'll do for a perceived gain as we've seen in the past 20 years. And they will absolutely continue to hold her as long as they hope to either extract something tangible from the US, or just make the US look bad and create tension over her being held. She's likely not coming home any time soon even with some potential prisoner trades being pitched. It's absolutely unjust and unfair to her and everyone else being held under similar circumstances, but it's also deeply unsurprising for the Russian state to operate this way (in spite of whatever people will read some textual law that Russian authorities don't even know or care about in the first place, I fail to see what bringing those up achieves given again people should know better about how Russian law works with international people at this point). I will also remain frustrated around Marc Fogel and others not getting any attention they deserve.
:walkaway

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26350 on: August 04, 2022, 04:08:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/soul-hackers-2-previews-are-dropping-now-“shaping-up-to-be-one-of-the-most-stylish-jrpgs-in-years”.615684/

Thread started by a mod with no mention of Atlus’ phobic crimes  :society
Don't doubt Atlus quality.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26351 on: August 04, 2022, 04:10:18 PM »
the authorities are not looking for them. There are no criminal charges pending or investigations ongoing. Feels like people are acting like Ezra Miller is a fugitive on the run or something thats simply not the case right now.
The ‘authorities’ are just not looking for them because they are an white cis passing rich asshole. If even one of these accusations were against someone that is black, maybe even if they were rich, they would be either in prison or dead by now. I am tired of people relativizing this shit.

:dunno

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26352 on: August 04, 2022, 04:11:47 PM »
Y'know, I think I can remember some vague 'accusation' about a rich black guy hitting another guy that the 'authorities' didn't issue an APB over and aren't in prison or dead by now

:thinking

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26353 on: August 04, 2022, 04:12:54 PM »
the authorities are not looking for them. There are no criminal charges pending or investigations ongoing. Feels like people are acting like Ezra Miller is a fugitive on the run or something thats simply not the case right now.
The ‘authorities’ are just not looking for them because they are an white cis passing rich asshole. If even one of these accusations were against someone that is black, maybe even if they were rich, they would be either in prison or dead by now. I am tired of people relativizing this shit.

:dunno

Of course no response when someone points to the obvious R. Kelly counterexample

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26354 on: August 04, 2022, 04:19:17 PM »
Back to the 70 year old Asian beat down
https://www.resetera.com/threads/70-year-old-asian-american-attacked-in-san-francisco.614940/page-2#post-91046340
Again if Era can't even see the micro agression racisms then no wonder the asian community left.
I really don't think that's what they were saying at all. I'm pretty close to 100% certain that the point was that racists don't really bother trying to figure out *who*, exactly, they are attacking with their racism, because what's really important to them is hating on people they perceive as different. My son's mother is Chinese (I'm white), and my son and his half-siblings have been on the receiving end of some incredibly racist verbal attacks by people who are too stupid/apathetic to even understand who they're attacking. My son has been called slurs that are used to denigrate Latino people, my stepdaughter was once called a slur used to denigrate Japanese people, etc.

Racists don't really care if the southeast Asian person they are attacking is of Chinese heritage, or Japanese, or Laotian or Thai or what, because they hate all Asian people and don't really give a shit about details. When Trump and Republicans started calling COVID "the China virus" or "the Wuhan virus" it gave these racist fucks an excuse to openly hate (more than usual, anyway) on ANYONE of southeast Asian descent by lumping them all together as "Chinese".
Which is why it's always so baffling to see people say "they got attacked and they aren't even Chinese."

Or, as the original person said, without any malice I'm sure, "they're worried for their safety and they aren't even Chinese." It's kind of like, okay, why even tack on that last part? Every time someone feels the need to highlight the distinction in what kind of Asian you are (not Chinese is the most common one recently), especially in a topic about anti-Asian hate crime, it's always a bit like....why? Why does it matter in this context? Isn't anti-Asian racism the problem? Why does it matter if they're not even <specific Asian ethnicity>? Again, don't feel like the poster had any bad intent when pointing out Asian people he knew were worried for their own safety even though the racists "knew" (supposedly) or were "supposed to know" that the Asian people weren't the Chinese kind of Asian, but another kind of Asian. But, it can make you wonder why that's important to even bring up. Why would that even matter? If they *had* been Chinese, they'd also still be worried about their safety. Would it somehow be less notable? Less of a problem? More "understandable"?

Also not related to above, but do we *really* need posts in *this thread* about how racist Asians are? I mean seriously, why spit in the river of your grandma's blood from your ivory tower. What possible purpose does that serve.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #26355 on: August 04, 2022, 04:31:52 PM »
Also not related to above, but do we *really* need posts in *this thread* about how racist Asians are? I mean seriously, why spit in the river of your grandma's blood from your ivory tower. What possible purpose does that serve.
THANK YOU!!!

My sentiments exactly!

No one - absolutely motherfucking no one - said a thing about the race of the perpetrators of this shit.

So Powdered Egg, was it necessary to start a that thread derail? I wanted to call it out as soon as I saw it, but past examples have shown me that when Asian issues and Black issues collide on Era the mods tend to have a knee-jerk reaction, and it sure as hell isn't in support of Asians.
It wasn't a thread derail. We can walk and chew gum at the same time mon ami.

dismissing concerns, downplaying racism, whatboutism, thread derail by a mod protected user?

/

:isthis

BIONIC

« Reply #26356 on: August 04, 2022, 04:50:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/page-5#post-91059576

Quote from: Patsy, post: 91059576, member: 57582
What the hell do people need to do at this point for others to not fucking misgender them when it's literally the first thing in the OP in a huge font? Even calling them a dude/guy/man is clearly misgendering, y'all. There's only so many times you can brush off shit like this as a mistake when it's been front & center in every fucking thread about them so far.

If it's the case of „I don't respect people's pronouns if they're a bad person" then fuck that shit, because even absolutely vile trans people like Blaire White or Caitlyn Jenner shouldn't ever be misgendered as it just makes you a transphobe if you do. Similarily you wouldn't hurl racial or homophobic slurs at a person if you think they're a piece of shit, would you? Because all it does is make you look like a piece of shit yourself. I'm not saying y'all are transphobic, just talking about how „I don't respect people's pronouns if they're a shit person" (if that's what some of y'all think) isn't the right thing to do. Please just use they/them pronouns for people who use them the same way you use he/him or she/her for others, it's not hard.

:social

Quote from: Trey, post: 91059777, member: 1135
you right, I edited

Quote from: Swearing.circle, post: 91059876, member: 64628
I'm really sorry, I got quite heated and upset reading this thread and just posted without thinking. I honestly forgot that they went by they/them pronouns when replying. It's not on and I would never intentionally misgender someone but I'll make sure to do better.

Have edited my original post with the correct pronouns.

:bow :bow2
Margs

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #26357 on: August 04, 2022, 05:01:13 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/70-year-old-asian-american-attacked-in-san-francisco.614940/page-3#post-91061763
Are you motherfucking kidding me???

This is a thread about a 70-year-old woman getting brutally attacked for no fucking reason at all.

NO ONE in this thread said a thing about the race of the perpetrators.

And you come in bringing up anti-Blackness...

If there was an incident where an elderly Black woman got brutally beaten by a group of Asians (good luck finding such an incident...) and we had a thread about it, a thread where no one even bring up the fact that the perpetrators are Asian, how well do you think it would go over for someone to bring up anti-Asian hate, and try to steer the conversation towards anti-Asian hate IN A THREAD WHERE AN ELDERLY BLACK WOMAN IS BRUTALLY BEATEN?

:salute

Mods must be furiously looking through recent past posts to ban this boy.
Oi Oi

Klelk

« Reply #26358 on: August 04, 2022, 05:03:09 PM »
They need a big ass post at the top of every Ezra thread, a la Cyberpunk, explaining the history of histories of misgendering

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26359 on: August 04, 2022, 05:06:05 PM »
If it's the case of „I don't respect people's pronouns if they're a bad person" then fuck that shit, because even absolutely vile trans people like Blaire White or Caitlyn Jenner shouldn't ever be misgendered as it just makes you a transphobe if you do.

But physically assault and send death threats all you want because they are wrong and bad.
sigh

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #26360 on: August 04, 2022, 05:11:00 PM »
They (the reset mods, not Ezra) know people don’t read OPs and merely react to the thread title, and the thread title doesn’t contain Ezras pronouns so who’s really at fault for the accidental misgendering?  Oh nevermind, accidental misgendering never happens and it’s always done with the intent to erase trans folx from existence.  Just funny how sometimes a mistake is ok and sometimes it isn’t, all depends on the level of mod protection one possesses I suppose :teehee

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26361 on: August 04, 2022, 05:30:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/70-year-old-asian-american-attacked-in-san-francisco.614940/page-3#post-91061763

This is a thread about a 70-year-old woman getting brutally attacked for no fucking reason at all.

If there was an incident where an elderly Black woman got brutally beaten by a group of Asians (good luck finding such an incident...) and we had a thread about it, a thread where no one even bring up the fact that the perpetrators are Asian, how well do you think it would go over for someone to bring up anti-Asian hate, and try to steer the conversation towards anti-Asian hate IN A THREAD WHERE AN ELDERLY BLACK WOMAN IS BRUTALLY BEATEN?

NepNep for sure is.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26362 on: August 04, 2022, 05:37:09 PM »

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26363 on: August 04, 2022, 05:50:01 PM »
rumors the actor was running a cult in Iceland, "grooming" minors, and roving the US with body armor and a gun.
REMINDER: Ezra Miller uses THEY/THEM pronouns.
🤴

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26364 on: August 04, 2022, 05:59:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/page-5#post-91063017
For such a 'progressive' forum there is certainly a regressive attitude to mental illness.
It's almost as if Etika never happened. I'm seeing the exact same lack of apathy that I saw back then... until Etika died.

If anything happens to Ezra, I don't wanna hear any of that "thoughts & prayers" mess, because we're just gonna roll back around to the "...this you?" finger pointing.

And then STILL nothing gets done.
can you do me a favor and fuck right off with comparing Etika to this rich white criminal who is continuously evading any justice for the crimes they committed?
Completely missed the point  :brain

Propagandhim

« Reply #26365 on: August 04, 2022, 06:35:04 PM »

If this person isn't banned, the next reply will be a pivot pointing to racism by white people as the Curaga spell to quell the tension between both groups.

joeboy101

• TheBore rulez
« Reply #26366 on: August 04, 2022, 06:35:21 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-zaslav-teases-a-10-year-plan-for-dc-going-forward-with-the-help-of-alan-horn-black-adam-shazam-the-flash-mentioned-as-still-coming.615858/

Zaslav teases a 10-year plan for DC going forward. Not gonna release any film that isn't ready or won't make them the success they are expecting. #BLACKADAM, #SHAZAM, #THEFLASH, mentioned amongst titles that are still coming.

:rejoice :lawd :pacspit

Let it begin.

I'm kinda worried the impact he will have on diversity with the leads of these movies.
Gotta release the film with the literal abuser and pedophile and write off the film with the POC lead
It will be very white, that’s quite obvious. Superheroes are for MALES and reality tv is for FEMALES, after all.
Give me WW without Gadot. Put Batwoman, and Supergirl back on the slate, fucking cowards.
"Protect the DC Brand"... from minority heroes.
Watch how they'll give another movie to Snyder and his team of hack writers
This is a going to be a very white universe.

:sicko

MCU literally blew up with the B-tier heroes that film studios didn't give a shit about because of their cultural status.

:comeon

Yeah, Iron Man. That B-tier hero.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26367 on: August 04, 2022, 06:44:33 PM »
I see the Rocks black card has already been revoked

Boredfrom

« Reply #26368 on: August 04, 2022, 07:02:22 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/david-zaslav-teases-a-10-year-plan-for-dc-going-forward-with-the-help-of-alan-horn-black-adam-shazam-the-flash-mentioned-as-still-coming.615858/

Zaslav teases a 10-year plan for DC going forward. Not gonna release any film that isn't ready or won't make them the success they are expecting. #BLACKADAM, #SHAZAM, #THEFLASH, mentioned amongst titles that are still coming.

Let it begin.

I'm kinda worried the impact he will have on diversity with the leads of these movies.
Gotta release the film with the literal abuser and pedophile and write off the film with the POC lead
It will be very white, that’s quite obvious. Superheroes are for MALES and reality tv is for FEMALES, after all.
Give me WW without Gadot. Put Batwoman, and Supergirl back on the slate, fucking cowards.

MCU literally blew up with the B-tier heroes that film studios didn't give a shit about because of their cultural status.

Iron Man was a B Tier hero until his film come out. The dude was flanderized to being a right wing stand in for super heroes during the OG Civil War comic.

Of course, RE is acting like They anticipated Batgirl and Supergil films for years  ::)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26369 on: August 04, 2022, 07:05:25 PM »
I bet you no one even knew about the potential supergirl movie. The only thing we actually knew is that she'll appear in the flash movie, the movie they're so desperately begging to get shit canned

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26370 on: August 04, 2022, 07:32:03 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tesco-put-security-tags-on-make-up-for-dark-skin-but-not-lighter-tones.615798/#post-91056645
doesn't a big store like tesco have theft insurance anyways?

In a tweet, she said: "Can you please explain this? Do white people not steal then? Absolutely disgusting and not to mention racist!!!!"

you know how decisions like this get made?

when the store checks their inventory and discovers they have sold most of their stock of white make-up but almost none of their black make-up, yet somehow they're nearly out of both of them
Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26371 on: August 04, 2022, 07:36:42 PM »
rumors the actor was running a cult in Iceland, "grooming" minors, and roving the US with body armor and a gun.
REMINDER: Ezra Miller uses THEY/THEM pronouns.

I'm curious where the line is for era

REMINDER: Ezra Miller is tri-gender, which means having no permanent identity, he prefers alternating between he/she/they in precise sets of 3 as people talk about her.  They have been very explicit about this, he's done multiple interviews and she is adamant that this is their preferred pronoun style.  Come on, people: it's not too much to ask.
Uncle

« Reply #26372 on: August 04, 2022, 08:25:19 PM »
I wonder if they could get away with demanding their pronouns be their full legal name.

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26373 on: August 04, 2022, 10:17:04 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/china-fires-missiles-directly-over-taiwan-for-first-time-in-serious-escalation-of-military-threats.615927/#post-91075263
It's just me or the world sucks right now?
Lots of fragile “strong men” in charge right now.
:spiders

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #26374 on: August 04, 2022, 10:30:57 PM »
THANK YOU!!!

My sentiments exactly!

No one - absolutely motherfucking no one - said a thing about the race of the perpetrators of this shit.

So Powdered Egg, was it necessary to start a that thread derail? I wanted to call it out as soon as I saw it, but past examples have shown me that when Asian issues and Black issues collide on Era the mods tend to have a knee-jerk reaction, and it sure as hell isn't in support of Asians.
It wasn't a thread derail. We can walk and chew gum at the same time mon ami.
Uh, pretty sure we cannot do two things at once as the only solution is dismantling capitalism, colonialism and white supremacy and until that is done there's no reason for any individual person to do anything else since that won't solve the problems. :ufup

Polident Hive

« Reply #26375 on: August 04, 2022, 10:31:54 PM »
air drop Ezra into Shanghai

benjipwns

« Reply #26376 on: August 04, 2022, 10:39:45 PM »
Benji and Pissy content:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ezra-miller-has-been-driving-around-the-us-carrying-at-least-1-gun-and-wearing-a-bulletproof-vest-paranoid-about-being-followed-by-the-fbi-the-kkk.615663/#post-91042968

Quote from: WildflowerWildfire, post: 91042968, member: 35136
Christ almighty. This is especially weird to me after moviebob said he thought there was nothing behind allegations regarding Miller.

:dead

Imagine using movieblob as a source for anything except lols or trying to find the worst take on an issue :heh
https://twitter.com/the_moviebob/status/1554256774181650433

Propagandhim

« Reply #26377 on: August 04, 2022, 10:41:40 PM »
nuking a Russian city for brittney griner.  #justmoviebobthings

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26378 on: August 04, 2022, 10:51:43 PM »

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26379 on: August 04, 2022, 10:55:08 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-the-switch-outsell-the-ps2.615600/page-2#post-91046763
Let's say the switch outsells the PS2... IMHO, the PS2 will still win for a bit of time afterwards because this is not comparing oranges to oranges.

The gamer base is bigger now then it was before when the PS2 first launched. We have a Grandmother gamer youtuber now, come on! :)
:nintendo

benjipwns

« Reply #26380 on: August 04, 2022, 10:56:31 PM »
nuking a Russian city for brittney griner.  #justmoviebobthings
Bob would probably nuke the city she was being held in so she could escape during the distraction.

ShutUp

« Reply #26381 on: August 04, 2022, 11:24:51 PM »

Let it begin.

Iron Man was a B Tier hero until his film come out. The dude was flanderized to being a right wing stand in for super heroes during the OG Civil War comic.

Of course, RE is acting like They anticipated Batgirl and Supergil films for years  ::)

…the MCU that blew up with a bunch of straight white males in the lead roles?

VomKriege

• Do the moron
« Reply #26382 on: August 04, 2022, 11:50:17 PM »
I guess they mean Howard the Duck & Blade ?
Even then pre-MCU films were largely famous characters.
ὕβρις

benjipwns

« Reply #26383 on: August 05, 2022, 01:12:57 AM »
They always act like nobody knew who Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America were. These weren't small budget movies being created in obscurity that "film studios didn't care about", Marvel got $150-200 million budgets for all of them but the first Iron Man at a mere $140 million. Avengers was well over $200 million and that was established before Thor and CA even came out and probably before they knew the returns on Iron Man 2. This was all before Disney got involved too, Disney bought Marvel in 2009 but didn't take over the films until 2013. There had been hype about Marvel producing the movies themselves instead of licensing out since they announced they were switching to that rather than licensing in 2005. This wasn't a crazy idea, Warner and DC were in the same company since 1972. Every DC movie they've probably seen except the Adam West Batman one wasn't a licensed out movie like Marvel had been doing before their bankruptcy. Marvel had licensed out basically all these characters before, some of them even got films like Hulk and Captain America, they just had licensed them to pretty shitty companies who would pay cash.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #26384 on: August 05, 2022, 01:14:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/will-the-switch-outsell-the-ps2.615600/page-2#post-91046763
Let's say the switch outsells the PS2... IMHO, the PS2 will still win for a bit of time afterwards because this is not comparing oranges to oranges.

The gamer base is bigger now then it was before when the PS2 first launched. We have a Grandmother gamer youtuber now, come on! :)
:nintendo

counting gaming devices with human inflation into account  :lol

for all we know the atari or nes would've beaten the ps2 then??
Uncle

BisMarckie

« Reply #26385 on: August 05, 2022, 01:23:58 AM »
They always act like nobody knew who Iron Man, Thor, Hulk and Captain America were. These weren't small budget movies being created in obscurity that "film studios didn't care about", Marvel got $150-200 million budgets for all of them but the first Iron Man at a mere $140 million. Avengers was well over $200 million and that was established before Thor and CA even came out and probably before they knew the returns on Iron Man 2. This was all before Disney got involved too, Disney bought Marvel in 2009 but didn't take over the films until 2013. There had been hype about Marvel producing the movies themselves instead of licensing out since they announced they were switching to that rather than licensing in 2005. This wasn't a crazy idea, Warner and DC were in the same company since 1972. Every DC movie they've probably seen except the Adam West Batman one wasn't a licensed out movie like Marvel had been doing before their bankruptcy. Marvel had licensed out basically all these characters before, some of them even got films like Hulk and Captain America, they just had licensed them to pretty shitty companies who would pay cash.

lol nerd

Raist

• Winner of the Baited Award 2018
« Reply #26386 on: August 05, 2022, 01:27:18 AM »

Let it begin.

…the MCU that blew up with a bunch of straight white males in the lead roles?

Not just that.

First one a rich cishet white womanizer.

Second one a norse god. We all know who were big fans of norse mythology.

benjipwns

« Reply #26387 on: August 05, 2022, 02:08:36 AM »
Well at least they haven't slapped anyone on camera yet.
Quote from: Surakin
Nepenthe, you know better. They are a white, cis-passing person. The slap would have been treated like a funny joke.
Quote from: Dreams-Visions
we'd have to have a round table discussion if they had

Quote from: Powdered Egg
C'mon man. How are they still on the run? Ezra's that famous?
They're white, rich, have guns, and have targeted Indigenous people. That's basically a full-fledged blue brotherhood member at that point; cops ain't about to do shit.
Quote from: Mancha
Not just Indigenuous people, mind you. Black people too. Most of their victims are PoC, ridiculously young and non binary assigned female at birth people. I won’t bother addressing the absolute discussing bullshit earlier on this thread of people still trying the "they need to get help, prison isn‘t the answer" spiel.

Loving the many "progressives" in this thread who want the police (ACAB) to imprison someone non-binary on media allegations, possibly for life:
In addition to this, the legal stuff that has been brought against them is at the Tribal and State level. So long as they stay away from the Dakotas and Massachusetts, they're clear in terms of law enforcement chasing them

I mean, the fbi probably is following him, or should be.
I hope
They need to be in jail.

Some of y'all really gotta stop thay "Ezra needs help" shit since they are a fucking pedophile.

Jfk are we really gonna defend child groomers because they are not "well" ?
Every fucking day that Ezra isn’t cuffed and kept from hurting more people is a massive fucking injustice. Get them off the fucking streets.
Won’t somebody think about the mental illnesses of this poor giant serial criminal asshole, they just need help, this ‘progressive‘ forum is failing them by not giving the benefit of the doubt. /s
There is a pretty good reason many countries with actually functioning justice and penal systems don't send anyone who is suffering from any kind of mental health issues or anything else that impairs their judgment to prison, period.
Ok I’m flat out ignoring who come at me with this argument from now on. Enough, not up for discussion.
Lock them the fuck up, throw away the key, and give all the victims some much needed help.
Quote from: Kinsei
They are going to end up killing somebody. Something needs to be done.
If this isn’t textbook example of someone needing involuntary commitment, I don’t know what is…
Put this piece of shit in jail and be done with it. What an absolute clown.
Yet again nothing will happen and it's only a matter of time before someone will get really hurt or even worse, even if it's very much preventable. Which seems to reflect all bad news coming out of America at the moment.
Quote from: El Bombastico
Nonsense, noone is suggesting Ezra isnt a danger to themselves or others or that they have not hurt others because of their actions, but there is a big difference between someone having complete capacity to willing do those things and that of someone who does those things because of their mental health status.
They're a fucking pedophile. Do NOT die on this hill, buddy.
Ezra Miller abused minors. Not one. Several. With several different accusations. If you can’t understand why someone that does that needs to go to jail and then get help, there is absolutely no conversation to be had here.
Still rich and white which gets to you a lot of rope to hang yourself with in this country. There won't be a physical intervention until someone dies at this rate.
Not less important, the victims aren’t white, neither rich.
Put them in jail.
How are they still not arrested yet?!
Why haven't the police or some authority not stepped in yet?

Oh, let me guess, Zaslav still ain't doing shit either, right?
I don't give two shits about some dumb superhero movie that this piece of trash is in. Ezra needs to brought in before they go off any further.
Still baffled that the authorities haven't stepped in yet.

Boredfrom

« Reply #26388 on: August 05, 2022, 02:24:16 AM »
Why haven't the police or some authority not stepped in yet?

Oh, let me guess, Zaslav still ain't doing shit either, right?

:doge

Why the fuck they want a corporation to influence the police or politicians to arrest an actor?

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26389 on: August 05, 2022, 02:38:59 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-watched-a-police-chase-where-the-cops-literally-gave-up-and-the-guy-got-away-los-angeles.616002/
So I'm watching the 10 o'clock news and they break to a police chase for a stolen car and it goes on for like 30 minutes the guy drives down the 5 and 110 and ends up at USC and then the CHP/LAPD just called it off and let him go...

I've never seen anything like it. Wild.

The guy was not speeding though and used his turn signals the entire time which was weird.

He stole a Kia Soul so not like he won much though...

If you see a guy in Mid-City in a white Kia Soul congratulate him
:doge

ShutUp

« Reply #26390 on: August 05, 2022, 02:39:29 AM »
Well obviously Zaslav is a blue lives matter supporter so can’t he just pay the cops to stop Ezra!?

Is absolutely something Era believes

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #26391 on: August 05, 2022, 02:47:42 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/wnba-star-brittney-griner-convicted-and-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-by-russian-judge-for-drug-possession-and-smuggling.615732/#post-91050723
User Warned: Posting Before Reading OP
Well, that's a first.  Lot of people gonna get warned since majority of Ree don't read at all.

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #26392 on: August 05, 2022, 03:15:19 AM »
Ezra has a strange case.  They are causing a national trail of destruction but I don't see why it's the WB's duty to pay the punishment by cancelling their movie.

They did nothing wrong!
sigh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #26393 on: August 05, 2022, 03:21:29 AM »
The journey to how fast they declared Zaslav a maga, racist, nazi is amazing.

And now they keep repeating it with the utmost certainty until no one questions it anymore.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #26394 on: August 05, 2022, 03:25:31 AM »
User Warned: Posting Before Reading OP
Well, that's a first.  Lot of people gonna get warned since majority of Ree don't read at all.
How very white and ableist of them. Not everyone has the luxury of reading
🤴

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26395 on: August 05, 2022, 04:11:59 AM »
Case in point. Clown invents a label. Gets called out  -

Quote from: Claven
It is a good game, but the lead designer is an alt-right, pro-Russian, neonazi, piece of fucking shit.

Do not support this studio, ever.

Quote from: Javier23
Where did you get pro-Russian? I had the sense that back when his shitty ideas first began being noticed he tried to justify them in having grown up in a satellite state of the USSR.

He used to be very vocally pro-democracy, pro-West, anti-Russian, many years ago (probably more than a decade ago). But he gradually somehow became an admirer of Putin and Orban etc. Now he's demonstrably in bed with several Russian mouthpieces, like Jana Zwyrtek Hamplova, who are straight up spreading Russian propaganda about Ukrainian nazis, Russian self-defense against NATO expansion and such. He might not come out and openly say he agrees with Russian aggression but goddamn if he's not chummy with people who do.

Quote from: Zaubrer
also, how do people draw the conclusion that he is prorussian when his more recent tweets suggest otherwise? I mean I dislike that ridiculous military display anyways, but where's that prorussian?
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/1498259540172759040
https://twitter.com/DanielVavra/status/1507815922161098761

sure he is a shitty human being for reasons highlighted in this thread (just see that gamergate picture), but sometime I really wonder how people jump to conclusions?

stop linking his tweets, ugh

Lol.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/kingdom-come-deliverance-wow.615459/page-3

Boredfrom

« Reply #26396 on: August 05, 2022, 04:28:57 AM »
Man, the old tactic of “made shit up” and “bitch about linking stuff that proves you wrong”. CoyoteStark was also pulling this shit on the “Will Smith apologies” thread.

BIONIC

« Reply #26397 on: August 05, 2022, 06:04:31 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/i-just-watched-a-police-chase-where-the-cops-literally-gave-up-and-the-guy-got-away-los-angeles.616002/#post-91085304

Quote from: echoshifting, post: 91085304, member: 1917
We used to have a thread for every California police chase and this kind of shit just happens sometimes

I really miss those threads

ACAB btw  :smug
Margs

BIONIC

Margs

Snoopycat_

« Reply #26399 on: August 05, 2022, 06:42:55 AM »
Man, the old tactic of “made shit up” and “bitch about linking stuff that proves you wrong”. CoyoteStark was also pulling this shit on the “Will Smith apologies” thread.

The same users who only a few days ago were wondering why so many people are suspicious of the wokes.