Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784977 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #600 on: September 22, 2021, 01:23:05 PM »
It’s still amazing that of all the mods with insensitive or racist posts on neogaf only Royalan suffered any actual consequences despite being the tamest of the bunch.  I forget exactly what he said but it was supposedly transphobic yet Excel had agreed with his post at the time.  Bdubs used the N word and Morrigan has made extremely islamophobic posts but they’re white so no consequences.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #601 on: September 22, 2021, 01:23:31 PM »
I can't complain a whole lot,

Oh, don't sell yourself short.

but that little struggle exposure is out of place. Also not the biggest fan of the skin tight pants tbh.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/why-women-criticise-sexualised-character-designs-ot3-her-ass-is-part-of-her-character.275780/post-73747291

(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't know Rustynails and Bossattack went into that thread.

With Rusty I assume that he's sincerely upset by a lack of Burqas

Edit: Proper kind of Burqa for the new page

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2021, 01:27:34 PM by HaughtyFrank »

Kurt Russell

« Reply #602 on: September 22, 2021, 01:24:39 PM »
Morrigan has made extremely islamophobic posts but they’re white so no consequences.

Wrt - were they legitimately islamophobic posts, or just people reeing about her bitching about women not being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia and gays being chucked off of roofs by the TaliERA?
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #603 on: September 22, 2021, 01:27:18 PM »
Haven't Alex Aniel and Chris been posting on the same GAF multiverse for decades by now?

ResetEra acts like they were total strangers.

Uncle

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #604 on: September 22, 2021, 01:28:29 PM »
Haven't Alex Aniel and Chris been posting on the same GAF multiverse for decades by now?

ResetEra acts like they were total strangers.

That was Perfect Strangers!
:bolo
ど助平

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #605 on: September 22, 2021, 01:34:18 PM »
I see the TikTok leggings at least once every time I go to the gym.

I should go the gym more often

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #606 on: September 22, 2021, 01:35:38 PM »
Morrigan has made extremely islamophobic posts but they’re white so no consequences.

Wrt - were they legitimately islamophobic posts, or just people reeing about her bitching about women not being allowed to drive in Saudi Arabia and gays being chucked off of roofs by the TaliERA?

I’ve only seen the claim made on resetera not the proof but it wouldn’t surprise me, she is from Quebec after all.  That and protecting nazis as a mod on a metal forum doesn’t help her case either.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2021, 01:36:20 PM »
In defense of CVX Freak, Chris was stirring up some shit and mocking him a bit over the exchange they had. 
:idont

tbf, "You wouldn't understand the context unless you read the book in its original japanese :snob " is pretty much asking for a shot to be taken  :lol

« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »
This guy gets it:
Quote from: Newlib
So the lesson I have taken out of all of this is mods can abuse their power with impunity at this forum and nothing will happen but a slap on a wrist when they are caught doing it with receipts.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #609 on: September 22, 2021, 01:43:14 PM »

Bans don't do shit when your "offense" is some basic form of complaining about a thing

Something this board has... is a "warning" feature. Use it. This should be the go-to move instead of a ban. A ban should be something pulled out for serious offenses.

Something I've always found incredibly bizarre is how folks working in the industry even end up with mod rights here at all. ... Reeks of some version of conflict of interest.

Its the issue with moderation that has come up nearly every time there has been a blow up like this:  People who probably shouldn't be mods, who seemingly incompetent at dealing with people, or are petty and thin skinned,, are given that title, secondly, the mods seemingly don't follow their own rules (we've been told over and over that it takes 3 mods to agree to every ban, yet when there is an unjust or questionable ban the moderation team suddenly feigns ignorance), and lastly the moderation is incredibly inconsistent (which in part probably can be attributed to point 1)

I would like to suggest that "mod whining" is not a good reason to ban people when the grievances raised are legitimate

:whoo

some fucking truth bombs be dropping

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #610 on: September 22, 2021, 01:43:19 PM »
Thank you for your patience, there was a lot we needed to look into and a lot of discussions that needed to be had across time zones. We recognize that a lot of the damage is already done and cannot be undone, but we're going to explain this from the beginning as best we can.

This whole thing started when Chris1964 was warned for antagonism in response to a post from Caiops which seemed pretty innocent at the time. We did receive complaints about Caiops afterwards, but none of those complaints could point to any examples of clear trolling, and searching his history didn't turn anything up either. We had already decided to investigate him more closely yesterday morning, but last night we received a tip which included the smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales.

If we'd known that at the beginning it's likely that none of this would have happened. As is, clearly a subtle troll was able to get away with it, and warning Chris1964 for snapping at him was a mistake. We apologize for that unreservedly.

With regard to Cvxfreak we have to clarify that the screenshots from Discord are NOT about any moderator action; the times listed are Japan Standard Time and Cvxfreak was talking about an argument he'd had with Chris1964 about the Japanese gaming industry. That was a day before Chris1964 made the post that ended up receiving a one day ban. No single moderator is ever solely responsible for a ban and there wasn't any abuse of power.

Cvxfreak was asked to help with the thread because he's been following it for years and knows Japan and the industry as well as anyone does. He did his honest best to understand the issues in the community and privately consulted active posters. He admits now however that the concerns he brought to the staff were incomplete at best and ignorant of more severe and pressing issues at worst. In turn the staff was blindsided by the intensity of the backlash to the guidelines and the way individual staff were targeted personally when they tried to mediate. We want to address this point again in a bit.

Again we understand at this point that a lot of the damage is done and can't now be reversed, but here is what we have done: Caiops has been permanently banned. We are cancelling the new guidelines because they were created without a complete understanding of the issues. The initial warning has been removed from Chris1964's record, and because the ban was escalated off that warning, it's been removed as well. Cvxfreak will be taking a leave of absence from the staff and when he returns he will voluntarily recuse himself from any moderation regarding sales.

One thing we do need to address bluntly: Criticism and concerns are fine, displeasure with what are ultimately collective decisions are fine, we know we can make mistakes and we made plenty here. But vitriol and targeted hate is never going to fly, particularly when singling out individual staff just for being a messenger and trying to help. We've drawn that line because nobody is going to want to moderate this place if personal attacks are their constant reward. It's a lot harder to keep the peace here than you might think. Ban appeals will receive a fair hearing but this point must be understood.

We sincerely regret the mistakes on our end and how this all played out. We can't decide for anyone whether they'll keep participating here, but it was never our intention to drive anyone off.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #611 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:19 PM »
This whole thing started when Chris1964 was warned for antagonism in response to a post from Caiops which seemed pretty innocent at the time. We did receive complaints about Caiops afterwards, but none of those complaints could point to any examples of clear trolling, and searching his history didn't turn anything up either. We had already decided to investigate him more closely yesterday morning, but last night we received a tip which included the smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales

Imagine writing this.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
Imagine meta posting about this  :existential
[close]

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #612 on: September 22, 2021, 01:50:06 PM »
This whole thing started when Chris1964 was warned for antagonism in response to a post from Caiops which seemed pretty innocent at the time. We did receive complaints about Caiops afterwards, but none of those complaints could point to any examples of clear trolling, and searching his history didn't turn anything up either. We had already decided to investigate him more closely yesterday morning, but last night we received a tip which included the smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales

:dead

Those stupid, stupid fucking morons :neogaf

I'm amazed at resetera moderations consistent ability to not choose the stupidest fucking choice I can imagine, but to come up with a whole fucking newer stupider one that blows my worst case scenario away  :crowdlaff

good luck ever trying to pull an "offsite drama" ban again, when you're fucking asking the stasi to fucking internet detective for you, you. stupid. fucking. dipshits.

« Reply #613 on: September 22, 2021, 01:50:18 PM »
Cvxfreak will be taking a leave of absence from the staff and when he returns he will voluntarily recuse himself from any moderation regarding sales.

This is even more of a nothing than the Royalan treatment, and I'd argue cvxfreak's actual issue here is worse. He was happily moderating where he had personal bias, and clearly not disclosing to the rest of staff that he was shitting on posters in an era-affiliated discord (which, I mean, they all do, but it's an Actual Concern.) Hoping the guy with the receipts posts the other stuff he mentioned.

But vitriol and targeted hate is never going to fly, particularly when singling out individual staff just for being a messenger and trying to help. We've drawn that line because nobody is going to want to moderate this place if personal attacks are their constant reward. It's a lot harder to keep the peace here than you might think. Ban appeals will receive a fair hearing but this point must be understood.

We sincerely regret the mistakes on our end and how this all played out. We can't decide for anyone whether they'll keep participating here, but it was never our intention to drive anyone off.

And I *think* this is their take on banning Bruno for mentioning Nepenthe on twitter?

iexpectednothingandimstilldisappointed.gif

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #614 on: September 22, 2021, 01:51:17 PM »
"kiwiw farms are terrible people because they trawl the internet for damaging info and doxx people, but we only do that to justify a ban message and its totally different"

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #615 on: September 22, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »
last night we received a tip which included the smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales.

:gladbron

I literally saw this yesterday, can confirm they received this "tip" from a bad faith actor just looking to stir up shit

Quote from: 9/21/2021 6:48 PM
And this just started because caiops, a well-known Sony fanboy who dislikes japanese sales, was trolling and guess what, former mod, Brazil (another distinguished mentally challenged fellow) is his friend. Both used to post in the Fórum UOL Jogos.

And here is caiops showing his interest in japanese sales. (I send this to the ticket system on Resetera, let's see if they will ban him).

Translation: "Nobody cares about the market in Japan, USA is what counts"

:dead :dead :dead
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #616 on: September 22, 2021, 02:01:34 PM »
Imagine how much easier the mods lives would be if they had a written list of rules, and when filing a report you selected which rule was broken, instead of people using it to snipe at people due to butthurt

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #617 on: September 22, 2021, 02:14:09 PM »
"kiwiw farms are terrible people because they trawl the internet for damaging info and doxx people, but we only do that to justify a ban message and its totally different"

Open the floodgates:

Thats the only thing you could find? are you sure?

Not the posts about caio making homophobic jokes about the switch audience?

Let me help you:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73868200

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #618 on: September 22, 2021, 02:14:54 PM »
smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales.

holy shit I need a bath this is too much

:existential
:O

thetylerrob

« Reply #619 on: September 22, 2021, 02:16:21 PM »
B-Dubs your response gets a vote of no confidence from this member. Even when provided with a signed letter of intent and smoking gun you let the suspect come up with their own consequence-free verdict.

The horses may have escaped the barn before you closed the gate but they were still fenced in the pasture. This response took a bulldozer those fences and now they are gone for good.
:cac

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #620 on: September 22, 2021, 02:17:01 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-42#post-73864696

Quote from: Poodlestrike
No single moderator is ever solely responsible for a ban and there wasn't any abuse of power.

ど助平

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #621 on: September 22, 2021, 02:17:29 PM »
Cvxfreak will be taking a leave of absence from the staff and when he returns he will voluntarily recuse himself from any moderation regarding sales.

This actually exposes a harsh truth about era mentality.

There are not "allies" to "groups" for them because it's us/them for EVERYTHING.

Also, having to recuse yourself from moderating a sales thread on a gaming forum cause you got caught loling at others on a discord.

:neogaf

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #622 on: September 22, 2021, 02:17:42 PM »

Open the floodgates:

Thats the only thing you could find? are you sure?

Not the posts about caio making homophobic jokes about the switch audience?

Let me help you:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/post-73868200

Just lucky none of their current moderation staff have had people with a grudge document a selection of problematic posts and actions on a heavy metal forum that they own!
Or a selection of their Discord posts from the Steam Era discord!

« Reply #623 on: September 22, 2021, 02:18:27 PM »
MC thread has to get re-locked soon; people are livid and INFLAMMATORY COMPARISONS are happening:

Guy posts:
The situation with CVXFreak is uncomfortably reminiscent of how cops who break the rules are treated.

But thinks better of it and edits to:
Quote from: Glio
The situation with CVXFreak is uncomfortably reminiscent of how people who break the rules are treated in some organizations

Unfortunately for him, the original is preserved in a quote:

Quote from: Varjet
Quote from: Gilo
The situation with CVXFreak is uncomfortably reminiscent of how cops who break the rules are treated.
See, the difference is that cvx is not on paid leave.

Someone tries to make a thing of it:
Quote from: Ombala, post: 73868035, member: 26395
Wow what hyperbole.

Edit: you edited you post, why not stand for what you first wrote.

Quote from: Beth Cyra
I’ll stand by it.

CVX and their shit behavior lead to the destruction of a well established Community who has been alive and supported through its members for almost 10+ years, and across two major websites.

CVX doing so, with shitty intent which is provable and then not getting the retribution he deserves is no different than asshole Cops abusing their power to harm others and then expect the rules to not apply to them.

It has to be hard to be Era staff. You hate, loathe, and detest drama, but everything you do generates a drama overflow. Constantly damned to suffer by your own involuntary state of being.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #624 on: September 22, 2021, 02:18:33 PM »
cvxfreak is a bit more "important" than Black Chamber.  He's actually in the industry and has connections to Limited Run Games as well as being a found of Brain Wave.  This is not a good situation for neither Era's industry legitimacy nor its staff.

Would appear that this prediction came true with cvx even remaining a mod

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #625 on: September 22, 2021, 02:21:08 PM »
on top of everything else the mods are lying about time zones and trying to make cvxfreak look like he was innocent  :-[

Quote from: Aurc
Quote from: Poodlestrike
With regard to Cvxfreak we have to clarify that the screenshots from Discord are NOT about any moderator action; the times listed are Japan Standard Time and Cvxfreak was talking about an argument he'd had with Chris1964 about the Japanese gaming industry. That was a day before Chris1964 made the post that ended up receiving a one day ban. No single moderator is ever solely responsible for a ban and there wasn't any abuse of power.

I do respect the staff post, and there's a lot to cover in response, but I want to respond specifically to this tidbit, before anything else.

The times listed are not Japanese. I live in Los Angeles, California, and both my Discord and Era accounts reflect the current time in LA. It wouldn't make sense for my screenshots to display a Japanese time zone.

My Era time zone setting:

A Discord timestamp from roughly 20 minutes ago:

With it established that my time zones are consistent, and synced across Era and Discord, it's clear I never pulled any kind of shady shenanigans, with regards to timestamps. Let's look once more at the post that originally got Chris banned:

Ok, so September 19, at 9:14 AM, Los Angeles time.

And now, a screenshot I just took, of the exact same message I already posted yesterday:

Alright, so September 19, at 2:41 AM, Los Angeles time.

That means cvxfreak's post predates that of Chris1964 by just under seven hours. I never claimed otherwise. I literally used the word "predates" in my initial post:

Quote from: Aurc
As can be seen, this post was made at on September 19, at 2:41 AM PDT, which... predates Chris's snarky post, obviously.

Intent was never to show that cvxfreak was "gloating about banning Chris", because yes, his posts took place before Chris was banned. Intent was to show proof that there was prior precedent for animosity between the two parties, and lack of good faith.
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #626 on: September 22, 2021, 02:22:15 PM »
How do they keep being so bad at this?  :girlaff
Margs

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #627 on: September 22, 2021, 02:22:28 PM »
last night we received a tip which included the smoking gun we wish we'd had from the start: Caiops has admitted off-site that he doesn't actually care about Japanese sales.

:gladbron

I literally saw this yesterday, can confirm they received this "tip" from a bad faith actor just looking to stir up shit

Quote from: 9/21/2021 6:48 PM
And this just started because caiops, a well-known Sony fanboy who dislikes japanese sales, was trolling and guess what, former mod, Brazil (another distinguished mentally challenged fellow) is his friend. Both used to post in the Fórum UOL Jogos.

And here is caiops showing his interest in japanese sales. (I send this to the ticket system on Resetera, let's see if they will ban him).

Translation: "Nobody cares about the market in Japan, USA is what counts"

:dead :dead :dead

Thank you, Deep Throat 2.0 for your service to your country. :salute
©@©™

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #628 on: September 22, 2021, 02:22:37 PM »
When I come into an MC thread I expect Animal Crossing, not Animal Farm.

Thats a good one
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #629 on: September 22, 2021, 02:22:43 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-43#post-73866415

Quote from: Quasi
It's good that you guys apologised and got rid of Chris' ban (even though the damage had been done already), but letting the mod get away with everything is a really bad look.

Especially because you guys just permabanned someone for saying "the fact that X is still an admin says it all" (censored the name) on a Twitter account with 45 followers, yet this mod can badmouth a user in a discord server multiple times and it's fine?

Quote from: krlitros87
So a guy got permabanned because of a tweet, but a mod can shit on a regular off-site without consequences?
lol

:kermit
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #630 on: September 22, 2021, 02:24:05 PM »

All mods are cops!

All mods are bastards!

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #631 on: September 22, 2021, 02:27:28 PM »
I'm gonna venture a guess that the reason they're clinging to cvxfreak so hard is because he's an active mod, they have a hard time maintaining active mods what with them always going "on break" for their mental health, and they don't exactly have a large pool of willing candidates they can trust
Uncle

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #632 on: September 22, 2021, 02:30:46 PM »

All mods are cops!

All mods are bastards!

Sadly this is all too common of an outcome for women who stand up to men in positions of authority.
©@©™

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #633 on: September 22, 2021, 02:30:55 PM »

All mods are cops!

All mods are bastards!

I believe this ban is what resetera would call bad faith.  If you only compare the stakes it’s inflammatory sure, but if you look at the behaviors the comparison is damn near perfect.

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #634 on: September 22, 2021, 02:32:08 PM »

All mods are cops!

All mods are bastards!

Sadly this is all too common of an outcome for women who stand up to men in positions of authority.

Hopefully someone mobilizes the women hate women thread, pretty sure Beth is a regular. Let the civil war begin

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #635 on: September 22, 2021, 02:32:49 PM »
I'm gonna venture a guess that the reason they're clinging to cvxfreak so hard is because he's an active mod, they have a hard time maintaining active mods what with them always going "on break" for their mental health, and they don't exactly have a large pool of willing candidates they can trust

its because they want to have their cake and eat it too by having their mods be 'forum personalities' but also janitors doing routine fucking administrative duties to allow conversation to occur (theoretically the point of mods).
Any fucking lurking monkey can action posts reported by other users that break rules.
It's where you don;t have a clear list of rules and you just arbitrarily decide things are or aren't okay by some bullshit ((common sense + muh feels) / secret history of histories * secret moderator notes) + tribunal group vote formula you get this bullshit, which is still 'asshole mods do what the fuck they want' but wrapped in the thinnest veneer of legitimacy "if only you could all see the information that we have (that we deliberately keep secret)"

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #636 on: September 22, 2021, 02:33:14 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-44#post-73868395

Quote from: Modest Dumpster
Same. Even closing my Limited Run Games account.

:lol The overreacting in that thread is :delicious
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #637 on: September 22, 2021, 02:37:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-45#post-73868839

Quote from: Kaitos (Moderator)
I'm gonna respond to this as someone who has been a casual reader of MC threads for a long time -- sometimes it's very hard to understand the context of a report.. For example, I skim these threads every week (skim, to be clear, mostly for my weird obsession with if the Series X is going to do well in Japan even though I don't own one yet), and it's still sometimes difficult for me to discern what is earnest and what is a troll without the proper context of the body of a user's history. We try our best, but given the number of reports we get, sometimes we don't have all the information easily available to us. And it can be really hard to understand the nuance of a report. When someone reports something as just "trolling", that isn't the most useful information because -- siloed from any context -- it might come across as simply a disagreement. We also cannot be in every single community at every given time, so we often lack the body of knowledge you all have. That's why the more detailed reports would be significantly more helpful to help us help you so we can actually understand the context of an individual troll who is potentially subtle.

We missed the mark on Caiops and I think we have to discuss the reporting system at large, but we can only go off of what's reported and the less detailed the report is, the more likely it is for something like this to fall through the cracks.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?  SO WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS JUST BANNING PEOPLE LEFT AND RIGHT ALL THE TIME?

:kinison
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #638 on: September 22, 2021, 02:41:30 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-45#post-73869637

Quote from: Saicho
Quite a few of us moved from GAF to Era because we want to have a better env to have our community... yet this is what happened.

It's really sad to see.

Quote from: RockmanBN
PCera is a shell of its former self because they left this site. Same with MuslimEra, AsianEra, TransEra, etc. It just keeps happening with the moderation here. It needs to be better.

:kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit :kermit
ど助平

Joe Molotov

• Administrator
« Reply #639 on: September 22, 2021, 02:42:54 PM »
It's not like The Bore, bork. They get thousands of reports per thread per minute.
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #640 on: September 22, 2021, 02:43:35 PM »
It's not like The Bore, bork. They get thousands of reports per thread per minute.

Millions of reports
:money
ど助平

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #641 on: September 22, 2021, 02:43:51 PM »

iirc they were ironically along the lines of something a Richard Dawkins loving neckbeard atheist would have posted :teehee
(ice)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #642 on: September 22, 2021, 02:44:53 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-46#post-73869847

Quote from: SinCityAssassin
And yet many lurkers came out from the woodwork to voice disagreement about the ban.

Curious.

:curious
ど助平

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #643 on: September 22, 2021, 02:48:07 PM »

do you think these people craft these screeds in advance just waiting for the thread to be unlocked so they can drop their take
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #644 on: September 22, 2021, 02:48:48 PM »
Quote from: Ombala
More like, sometimes they faulter, it's human.
No system is bulletproof.
But there's no reason too feel so hurt over a ban

Running defense for the mods ✅
Multiple grammatical errors in few than 25 words ✅

Slayven sock puppet?

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #645 on: September 22, 2021, 02:49:36 PM »
Brazillian truckers?  :o
🤴

thetylerrob

« Reply #646 on: September 22, 2021, 02:49:59 PM »

do you think these people craft these screeds in advance just waiting for the thread to be unlocked so they can drop their take

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #647 on: September 22, 2021, 02:50:33 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-46#post-73870318

Quote from: MysticGon
Btw it doesn't even seem cvxfreak is even taking a leave of absence. His status is still online.

:drudge :info :drudge
ど助平

« Reply #648 on: September 22, 2021, 02:52:14 PM »

Quote from: Kaitos
I get that we missed the mark on Caiops and I'm not disagreeing with your point at all. I'm trying to explain why there was a failure of the system to understand that Caiops was a troll. Personally, and this is because I'm a stupid person not speaking for a single other mod on the site, I find trying to discern trolls in Sales threads fairly difficult because you also are able to use real sales data to obfuscate your troll. And yeah, I get the response to that is "if you can't figure it out why do you have this job", I told you, I'm stupid. But I think sometimes the obviousness within the community does not come across to those of us who are dealing with multiple different reports in multiple different communities with nuances that we are trying to learn about given that it's probably impossible for our mod staff to have members who take part in literally every single community on this board. That's why the ticket with the screenshots from the Brazilian message board was a little personally frustrating to me -- so, it was known that this user was posting on a Brazilian message board talking about how they don't care about Japanese sales? Yes, that gives us the necessary context now in this thread to make a decision. But if you all know about and we don't, then we can't use that information. We can look at post history, but at some point, we are going to need more help than just a report that says "trolling."

Again, I can't talk for the mod team, I'm more just talking for myself about experiencing the report system from the other side after being on ***/ERA for a while.

I don't know if you'll find this post useful or just frustrating, I'm just trying to explain a little more of our side's context.

"I only speak for myself, not any other mod, but wanted to explain the mod side of things."

that's not how explaining works

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #649 on: September 22, 2021, 02:52:45 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-46#post-73870318

Btw it doesn't even seem cvxfreak is even taking a leave of absence. His status is still online.

PROFESSOR CVXFREAK IS LOOSE IN MOD ROOM
Uncle

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #650 on: September 22, 2021, 02:53:36 PM »

PROFESSOR CVXFREAK IS LOOSE IN MOD ROOM

Can’t wait for the “misuse of a users online status” ban message :heh

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #651 on: September 22, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »
The first guideline of the mods is to protect their own. Truly everything else comes later  :lol

So incredibly blatant that a moderation, that's incredibly strict, one that permabans someone over a random tweet reply, is suddenly all forgiving and understanding when it hits one of their own. They already did the same when Nepenthe derailed a whole thread sideways with her shit

« Reply #652 on: September 22, 2021, 02:57:14 PM »

it's like Christmas in September

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #653 on: September 22, 2021, 02:58:19 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-47#post-73871512

Quote from: Nanashrew
Okay, I read over the mod post. So here a question? What will you do about Morrigan?

Quote from: Nanashrew
Saying "if you post in support of us, you won't get banned" is a pretty big indictment here. And would explain the influx of trolls these last couple of days.

ど助平

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #654 on: September 22, 2021, 02:59:09 PM »
The guy that started this shit is called gayops?

HaughtyFrank

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #656 on: September 22, 2021, 03:04:23 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan, post: 73872136, member: 27
Way to take everything out of context, but nothing is new.

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

But nah gotta twist it all out of proportion like always.

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I'm done with this shitshow. Enjoy your new Sales site.

Bitter sack of shit to the last :rofl
Margs

« Reply #657 on: September 22, 2021, 03:04:25 PM »
Beaten so repurposed because I'm enjoying watching this person trying to mediate with Era staff keeps stepping on their dicks:
Quote from: Vena, responding to Morrigan
This doesn't help matters at all.

I'm trying my best here but can you not throw oil on a fire.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #658 on: September 22, 2021, 03:05:04 PM »
I have a tip for era mods reading this: cap the number of reports per post that can be submitted.

Get your design team on it stat.

-signed forum mod of one of the biggest sites on the internet.

team filler

• filler
  • filler
« Reply #659 on: September 22, 2021, 03:05:23 PM »
imagine posting on a messageboard without freedom and a sales thread. poverty   :hhh