Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1784782 times)

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #660 on: September 22, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
ど助平

Cheststrongwell

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Member's Moderation History
« Reply #661 on: September 22, 2021, 03:08:40 PM »
dick...so.....hard...

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #662 on: September 22, 2021, 03:09:06 PM »
I havent seen drama this good in forever

:whew
:O

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #663 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:07 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872136

Quote from: Vena
Quote from: Morrigan
Way to take everything out of context, but nothing is new.

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

But nah gotta twist it all out of proportion like always.

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I'm done with this shitshow. Enjoy your new Sales site.

This doesn't help matters at all.

I'm trying my best here but can you not throw oil on a fire.

Quote from: HockeyBird
Isn't gendered slurs ban-worthy? I definitely seen people here banned for using the c-word before, even when it was directed at evil human beings.

I'm a woman I can say it

:judge
ど助平

« Reply #664 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:11 PM »
who the fuck is this and what are they talking about

Quote from: Rover_, post: 73872295, member: 70779
screengrabbing this was prectitable and honestly, pathetic. you people are just proving CVX and Morrigan's point that you can't handle something and literally started a witch hunt.

with this attitude of mobhunting anyone who isn't pro whatever is going on? good luck. go make your own forum or something.

I get that there are a lot of wannabe mods with their lips permanently attached to mod assholes, but Jesus Christ.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #665 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:16 PM »
Quote from: Morrigan, post: 73872136, member: 27

People wanted to post in support of the staff post, but literally said they were afraid to get dogpiled. So I said it's cool, if you go in there in good faith to defend us, and you don't attack people, you're good

Anyway, all of this is very funny because I never even had anything to do with any of this. But none of you care, you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

Bitter sack of shit to the last :rofl

you just want your pound of flesh. Well congrats, you got it.

I would say it's more like they wanted their pound of sand  :doge
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #666 on: September 22, 2021, 03:10:28 PM »

« Reply #667 on: September 22, 2021, 03:11:49 PM »
I literally just quit. That was my resignation post.

hahahaahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaa

do the remaining staff try to ban her now to see if that sacrifice will chill out the community?

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #668 on: September 22, 2021, 03:13:36 PM »

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #669 on: September 22, 2021, 03:14:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-48#post-73872136

Quote from: Vena

This doesn't help matters at all.

I'm trying my best here but can you not throw oil on a fire.

Quote from: HockeyBird
Isn't gendered slurs ban-worthy? I definitely seen people here banned for using the c-word before, even when it was directed at evil human beings.

I'm a woman I can say it

:judge

Morrigan going out like a proper cunt

(I can say it because she's a woman)

« Reply #670 on: September 22, 2021, 03:14:44 PM »
Thread is now locked, but that one twitter expose on Morrigan got linked at the end:

Quote from: Icemonk191
Hey Morrigan, wanna explain these posts of yours?
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1srmiih

burn it alllllllllll

edit: they unlocked it. weird.

Jansen

« Reply #671 on: September 22, 2021, 03:14:57 PM »
And locked again lmao

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #673 on: September 22, 2021, 03:15:16 PM »
who the fuck is this and what are they talking about

Quote from: Rover_, post: 73872295, member: 70779
screengrabbing this was prectitable and honestly, pathetic. you people are just proving CVX and Morrigan's point that you can't handle something and literally started a witch hunt.

with this attitude of mobhunting anyone who isn't pro whatever is going on? good luck. go make your own forum or something.

I get that there are a lot of wannabe mods with their lips permanently attached to mod assholes, but Jesus Christ.

the absolute last thing era mods enjoy is a witch hunt
spoiler (click to show/hide)
...at their expense :teehee
[close]

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #674 on: September 22, 2021, 03:15:19 PM »
Why the fuck is this dumb shit so entertaining? lmao
Margs

james

« Reply #675 on: September 22, 2021, 03:15:34 PM »
Are those screenshots from the "discord" platform I keep hearing about?

What a horrible, toxic place that clearly destroys well established friendly communities.

For fuck sake, its in the name. Discord.

I'm glad I've steered clear of it, and Im calling on The Bore administration team to ban anyone who uses that hateful platform. 

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #676 on: September 22, 2021, 03:15:57 PM »
Thread locked again, the bloodbath is going to be amazing

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #677 on: September 22, 2021, 03:17:07 PM »
As per newly established moderator guidelines, nobody bringing up Morrigans history of historys can be actioned as off site drama or internet detectiving either.

congratsyouplayedyourself.gif

Kurt Russell

« Reply #678 on: September 22, 2021, 03:18:14 PM »

woke

Jansen

« Reply #679 on: September 22, 2021, 03:18:22 PM »
LOL now it's unlocked again

BIONIC

« Reply #680 on: September 22, 2021, 03:18:45 PM »
It reopened. Mods going rogue. Mass hysteria  :klob
Margs

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #681 on: September 22, 2021, 03:18:50 PM »
Momentary thread closure then reopen?

B-Dubs it's probably better you leave the thread open. The community and army of lurkers are doing a better job than your team in bringing the truth of the shameful situation to light.

Someone should post when the mods were using the N-word on the Discords.

They're horrible people Cerium, Admin Nintex instead, he'll sort it out :trumps

And yes beautiful lurkers they use transphobic slurs I don't wish to post here because I'm not a horrible person like the ResetEra mod team.
🤴

Kurt Russell

« Reply #682 on: September 22, 2021, 03:19:48 PM »
I mean this is fun and all, but have you all considered that if Ree goes down, Dennis will start posting here again?
woke

james

« Reply #683 on: September 22, 2021, 03:20:55 PM »
I mean this is fun and all, but have you all considered that if Ree goes down, Dennis will start posting here again?

Are the gates open?

Someone with an account start sending them dms

Its our time to shine boys

Kurt Russell

« Reply #684 on: September 22, 2021, 03:20:55 PM »

They're horrible people Cerium, Admin Nintex instead, he'll sort it out :trumps

Make ERA great again, my dude.  :salute
woke

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #685 on: September 22, 2021, 03:21:14 PM »
Quote from: Kaitos
Okay, so this is partly what I meant -- the first time we ever got word of this was yesterday in a ticket to the mods. It was an extremely helpful piece of information that helped people who aren't regular Sales ERA users get the context needed to inform our decision-making process. If you know there is a user who is posting on a Brazilian message board about trolling on ERA, that is helpful for us! That helps us do our jobs better.

see it's really just too bad that this extremely helpful user happened to be a troll trying to cause as much chaos as possible
Uncle

« Reply #686 on: September 22, 2021, 03:21:23 PM »
Daegen over in the constructive thread trying to build the case for why Discord specifically shouldn't be allowed as evidence:
Quote from: daegan
i think this forum is really going to have to decide soon if Discords count as public spaces or internet detective BS. I know I feel squidgy when people bring those types of things to bear as a cudgel, even in a situation like this.

...how is it internet detective if you're knowingly engaging with users of the site in question, and just assuming all of them will be fine with your bullshit?

can't wait for twitter to be bansville and discord to be a safe space for mod mental health

BIONIC

« Reply #687 on: September 22, 2021, 03:21:33 PM »
I should really get some work done, but this is just  :popcorn
Margs

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #688 on: September 22, 2021, 03:22:05 PM »
When are we gonna get NeoResetEra already :rage

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #689 on: September 22, 2021, 03:22:55 PM »
Metal Jesus does not forgive your sins, Era. :rock
©@©™

Kurt Russell

« Reply #690 on: September 22, 2021, 03:23:22 PM »
Like a Hyena, The Bore will sustain itself feeding on the festering corpse of ERA.

Unban Etoilet
[close]
woke

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #691 on: September 22, 2021, 03:24:18 PM »
Daegen over in the constructive thread trying to build the case for why Discord specifically shouldn't be allowed as evidence:
Quote from: daegan
i think this forum is really going to have to decide soon if Discords count as public spaces or internet detective BS. I know I feel squidgy when people bring those types of things to bear as a cudgel, even in a situation like this.

...how is it internet detective if you're knowingly engaging with users of the site in question, and just assuming all of them will be fine with your bullshit?

can't wait for twitter to be bansville and discord to be a safe space for mod mental health

Its not that hard to understand.  It’s fine if it’s used to get someone the mods don’t like banned, otherwise it’s internet detective work and you will be banned for posting outside links.

« Reply #692 on: September 22, 2021, 03:24:46 PM »
No longer a mod but sure, I always engaged with people willing to talk in good faith.

I watched for days people heap amounts of vitriol towards people I know are good and well-meaning and have worked hard and did their best,  often losing sleep over it, only for it to be brushed aside completely, the explanation rejected, the constant demand for his head like this would solve all their problems, nevermind that cvxfreak was one of our few staff members who even had any idea what goes on in these threads. So yeah, I wrote stuff off the cuff in a Discord about people I found excessively childish and pathetic (to be clear this isn't aimed at just random criticism but those going over the top about it, cop comparisons and whatnot). I do that all the time when excessive shitstorms like that happen. I don't care if this upsets you. For the record it never once affected my moderation decisions. People might expect mods to be robots but nope, sorry to disappoint. Off-duty we talk shit sometimes. Shocking, gasp!

Btw I've banned more people from that Discord and routinely yell at them when they troll/platform war/fanboy like idiots, so this is also kind of funny to think I'm "protecting them" by just saying "don't worry, if you say you like us and don't break the rules you're fine". Anyway

Cvxfreak is a good person and describing what he did as a power trip, malicious, etc. is frankly what makes me the most sad about all of this. Sorry dude. You don't deserve it.

Also my notifications are blowing up (I expected it) but I won't be reading, if anyone wants to get in touch they know where to find me.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #694 on: September 22, 2021, 03:26:30 PM »
Like a Hyena, The Bore will sustain itself feeding on the festering corpse of ERA.

Unban Etoilet
[close]
The least we can do is unban Etoilet and Assi

They were right after all :trumps

Can we get this shit cleaned up please?
Your board can be totally clean my friend, if only you had the right leadership :trumps

Send me a message Cerium, you know how to reach me. Save your clicks and Ad Revenue before it all goes down the tubes.
🤴

james

« Reply #695 on: September 22, 2021, 03:26:53 PM »
Sucks that we lost Chris. At this point, if you are like me who usually looks for information and news, Era is slowly becoming pointless.

Someone bring Relix over I always liked his avatar

BIONIC

« Reply #696 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-49#post-73872907

Quote from: Icemonk191, post: 73872907, member: 7368

Mod edit: Content remove - offsite harassment campaign

Banned without a banner. These cunts learned nothing lmao
Margs

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #697 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:55 PM »

Are the gates open?

All the bore needs to do is add a dark mode and it would become the biggest gaming forum on the net

Kurt Russell

« Reply #698 on: September 22, 2021, 03:27:56 PM »

Also my notifications are blowing up (I expected it) but I won't be reading, if anyone wants to get in touch they know where to find me.

woke

« Reply #699 on: September 22, 2021, 03:28:12 PM »
This has gotten responded to seriously at least once, so is this an actual known mod alt account? Or just backstory I don't know?
Quote from: rhandino
Are the mods in question going to be truly punished or are they going to just switch to their shared snormy account?

james

« Reply #700 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:30 PM »
Based on those numbers, Tales of Arise seems to have done pretty decently in its first week as far as I can tell.

:tauntaun

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #701 on: September 22, 2021, 03:29:32 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

funny, but inaccurate; way too much skin and femoral arteries would be shown

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:15 PM »
No longer a mod but sure, I always engaged with people willing to talk in good faith.

I watched for days people heap amounts of vitriol towards people I know are good and well-meaning and have worked hard and did their best,  often losing sleep over it, only for it to be brushed aside completely, the explanation rejected, the constant demand for his head like this would solve all their problems, nevermind that cvxfreak was one of our few staff members who even had any idea what goes on in these threads. So yeah, I wrote stuff off the cuff in a Discord about people I found excessively childish and pathetic (to be clear this isn't aimed at just random criticism but those going over the top about it, cop comparisons and whatnot). I do that all the time when excessive shitstorms like that happen. I don't care if this upsets you. For the record it never once affected my moderation decisions. People might expect mods to be robots but nope, sorry to disappoint. Off-duty we talk shit sometimes. Shocking, gasp!

Btw I've banned more people from that Discord and routinely yell at them when they troll/platform war/fanboy like idiots, so this is also kind of funny to think I'm "protecting them" by just saying "don't worry, if you say you like us and don't break the rules you're fine". Anyway

Cvxfreak is a good person and describing what he did as a power trip, malicious, etc. is frankly what makes me the most sad about all of this. Sorry dude. You don't deserve it.

On Discord, being a shadow mod and continuing to get people banned?  :brain
ど助平

Kurt Russell

« Reply #703 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:53 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

funny, but inaccurate; way too much skin and femoral arteries would be shown

woke

james

« Reply #704 on: September 22, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
I just want to express my support and respect to all the moderation team (including Morrigan, now a former moderator), it must be hard to put up with all this. Kudos to you guys!

Not open for further replies.

Greta way to wrap things up!

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #706 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:06 PM »
And they closed it.

They're panicking right now.
🤴

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #707 on: September 22, 2021, 03:31:10 PM »

Are the gates open?

All the bore needs to do is add a dark mode and it would become the biggest gaming forum on the net

Wait, the bore has a gaming side?

« Reply #708 on: September 22, 2021, 03:32:20 PM »
And they closed it.

They're panicking right now.

I'm super impressed that they managed to lock it so this is the last post in the thread:
Quote from: Crumrin
I just want to express my support and respect to all the moderation team (including Morrigan, now a former moderator), it must be hard to put up with all this. Kudos to you guys!

This whole thing has been way too entertaining.

Kurt Russell

« Reply #709 on: September 22, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »
Open the fucking gates Bork.

and unban Etoilet
[close]
woke

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #710 on: September 22, 2021, 03:35:14 PM »
Resetera always comes through to help us start off a new thread the right way :salute

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #712 on: September 22, 2021, 03:35:40 PM »
fuck you, you're a manipulative asshole and a shit moderator.

in b4 the perma ban for 'trolling while in junior account phase' (3years old, nearly 3k posts)

james

« Reply #713 on: September 22, 2021, 03:35:42 PM »
 :drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #714 on: September 22, 2021, 03:35:59 PM »
why does all the drama ramp up when benji is offline :stahp
(ice)

HaughtyFrank

« Reply #715 on: September 22, 2021, 03:36:02 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/media-create-sales-week-36-2021-sep-06-sep-12-read-staff-post.487222/page-49#post-73872907

Quote from: Icemonk191, post: 73872907, member: 7368

Mod edit: Content remove - offsite harassment campaign

Banned without a banner. These cunts learned nothing lmao

"Offsite harassment campaign"

Resetera has a million threads like this about various people  :lol They only care because it's about their own.

Cheststrongwell

« Reply #716 on: September 22, 2021, 03:37:23 PM »
The afternoon of long knives has begun  8)

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #717 on: September 22, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
Lmao, Nep Nep managed to shit the bed even worse than Morrigan.  :lol
🤴

BIONIC

« Reply #718 on: September 22, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
:piss :nepenthe :piss2
Margs

« Reply #719 on: September 22, 2021, 03:37:42 PM »
:drudge :drudge :drudge :drudge

You all have lost your absolute fucking minds.

This thread will open when I'm ready for it to open.

When it does, that will be the end of this. Any more of this bullshit after I post will be actioned accordingly.

Leave, stay, do whatever you need to do to prepare yourselves.

Because when I think "who on the moderation team is going to be able to navigate this competently" Nepenthe is who I'd pick. They're gonna make it worse! Pop more popcorn!