Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1828530 times)

Potato

• Senior's Member
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2220 on: October 06, 2021, 09:03:15 PM »
It's really bad look for all of you punching down at comedy school btw, it's clear none of you have actually gone as the "the EXACT OPPOSITE mentality is hammered into students' heads from the beginning of virtually every professional comedy program."
There's something more conventional that I would be hammering into the heads of people who attend "professional comedy school".

Edit: top of page dux of comedy school

spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 11:57:32 PM by Potato »
Spud

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2221 on: October 06, 2021, 09:06:17 PM »
I want to go to comedy school I want to see how it goes
Uncle

Straight Edge

• Boots & Braces
« Reply #2222 on: October 06, 2021, 09:10:46 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/so-what-should-be-done-about-black-panther-2.496707/

Not feeling this rush to cancel some good black actors because of some dumb shit they say - Hope she learns a lesson doe

:cmonson
Oi Oi

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
« Reply #2223 on: October 06, 2021, 09:13:23 PM »
It's really bad look for all of you punching down at comedy school btw, it's clear none of you have actually gone as the "the EXACT OPPOSITE mentality is hammered into students' heads from the beginning of virtually every professional comedy program."

The ridiculatic oath :rodney

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2224 on: October 06, 2021, 09:15:54 PM »
if disney needs to say anything about their actor being antivax, they know how to play the game

"historically african americans were persecuted by the medical community and have an understandable, if misguided, suspicion toward mass injections of any kind, we stand behind our kween and ask that others show her sympathy and compassion for her viewpoint based on centuries of oppression"
Uncle

Propagandhim

« Reply #2225 on: October 06, 2021, 09:20:56 PM »
"But she's rich.  Shouldn't she know better?"

"Generational trauma"   :steiner

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2226 on: October 06, 2021, 09:25:58 PM »
I want to go to comedy school I want to see how it goes
https://www.comedycastle.com/comedy-classes/
Are you a teen yourself or do you have a teenager in your life who you think is funny? It can be painful and awkward navigating the coming of age years.  It’s best to learn to laugh at it all.  Learn you how to do that.

This is a five-week stand up class designed specifically for teenagers.  The next session will begin on June 23rd from 2:00-4:00pm and will run until July 21st ending with a final grad show performance.  The cost of the class is $200.  Tim is a high school teacher by day and a working comic by night.

Call for further information, or to reserve your spot! 248.542.9900 You MUST pre-register!

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2227 on: October 06, 2021, 10:09:58 PM »
Just say pwned a lot it's what the kids like
:O

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2228 on: October 06, 2021, 10:13:39 PM »
Tim is a high school teacher by day and a working comic by night.

Hell yeah

:batman

benjipwns

« Reply #2229 on: October 06, 2021, 10:53:10 PM »
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing Fellow Members
Let me get this right: millionaires are mining the attention span and wallets of broke, socially maladjusted men on the virtue of their charisma.

And it has a defense force?
Don’t we already have an OT for professional wrestling on this forum?
Another one.

benjipwns

« Reply #2230 on: October 06, 2021, 10:54:29 PM »
User Banned (1 Week): Misogynistic Commentary

Girls mostly only hoping to become a housewife. They could get a job as a secretary or a phone switchboard operator. Maybe some other jobs.
So it's misogynistic to suggest that girls no longer have to do this? What?

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #2231 on: October 06, 2021, 10:55:37 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-entirety-of-twitch-has-reportedly-been-leaked.496344/page-14#post-74758095
User banned (1 day): Trolling
Quote from: wolfshirt
Let me get this right: millionaires are mining the attention span and wallets of broke, socially maladjusted men on the virtue of their charisma.

And it has a defense force?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/vgc-the-entirety-of-twitch-has-reportedly-been-leaked.496344/page-14#post-74758710
User Banned (1 Day): Antagonizing Fellow Members
Quote from: StrikeVillain
Don’t we already have an OT for professional wrestling on this forum?
OBE

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2232 on: October 06, 2021, 11:06:33 PM »
Chappelle was fortunate enough to attend a performing arts magnet school for high school, if I remember correctly and that's what "comedy school" means I guess.

benjipwns

« Reply #2233 on: October 06, 2021, 11:13:58 PM »
There's legit "comedy" schools like The Second City. However, LA in particular is awash in a bunch of community-college tier equivalents which is what I presume PlanetSmasher attended for a princely sum.

Chappelle did open mic nights for years.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2234 on: October 06, 2021, 11:26:49 PM »

Samoyed is a great member of this board and they've always been exemplary at pushing discussion in an intelligent and documented manner. I don't blame them for seeming slightly annoyed when people immediately threw bullshit their way, accusing them of being a white-ass larping leftist CCP sh

Quote from: Samoyed
Caveat emptor: I am Chinese and have lived in China a few years; there are good sides and bad sides to the people, the culture, and the government. The last time I visited was 2017. It is possible China has degenerated to 1984 in the last 4 years, but I doubt it, as I still regularly send my relatives holiday greetings. Mostly, they are just worried about COVID. If they care about the Uyghur situation, they never brought it up to me. CPC repression? Possible, but seeing enlightened liberals shrug at the border crisis instead of literally storming the chain link fences, why should I hold my relatives to a higher standard than my so-called "countrymen"? No one cares, no one actually cares enough to do anything. Posting "how awful" on the internet is worthless. Put up or shut up.

Such enlightened person...

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2235 on: October 06, 2021, 11:59:14 PM »
No CCP member ever called me a milkshake duck.
©@©™

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2236 on: October 07, 2021, 01:37:02 AM »
Wow! I was really good friends in college with Greysmith's daughter. I wonder if this is the person he thought did it all along.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/zodiac-killer-possibly-identified-as-gary-francis-poste.496560/#post-74759883

:ego

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2237 on: October 07, 2021, 05:47:31 AM »
There's legit "comedy" schools like The Second City. However, LA in particular is awash in a bunch of community-college tier equivalents which is what I presume PlanetSmasher attended for a princely sum.

Chappelle did open mic nights for years.
So Chapelle skipped over all the fundamentals and is now paying the price, of lacking a base education in the craft.  ::)

Don Rumata

• Hard To Be A John
« Reply #2238 on: October 07, 2021, 05:51:00 AM »

Samoyed is a great member of this board and they've always been exemplary at pushing discussion in an intelligent and documented manner. I don't blame them for seeming slightly annoyed when people immediately threw bullshit their way, accusing them of being a white-ass larping leftist CCP sh

Caveat emptor: I am Chinese and have lived in China a few years; there are good sides and bad sides to the people, the culture, and the government. The last time I visited was 2017. It is possible China has degenerated to 1984 in the last 4 years, but I doubt it, as I still regularly send my relatives holiday greetings. Mostly, they are just worried about COVID. If they care about the Uyghur situation, they never brought it up to me. CPC repression? Possible, but seeing enlightened liberals shrug at the border crisis instead of literally storming the chain link fences, why should I hold my relatives to a higher standard than my so-called "countrymen"? No one cares, no one actually cares enough to do anything. Posting "how awful" on the internet is worthless. Put up or shut up.

So is this like that lady that went after Naomi Wu? (Korean)American that went to Asia for a week on holiday and became a bigger expert on China than a Chinese born and raised in China?

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2239 on: October 07, 2021, 06:31:54 AM »

there are good sides and bad sides to the people, the culture, and the government.

both sides rhetoric  :anhuld
Uncle

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2240 on: October 07, 2021, 07:41:21 AM »
Personally, I think the funniest thing about Planetsmashers funny school isn't the fact he went to one and is still demonstrably unfunny.

It's that he did so for OVER TEN YEARS. AND PAID FOR IT.

How fucking SHIT at something do you have to be to pay for "professional training" for over a decade and still fucking suck?
Carrot Top or whoevers running this grift is making fucking bank :rofl

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2241 on: October 07, 2021, 07:42:25 AM »
So for all that talk era like to drop about "transphobes only have one joke", I sure do see that one single James Acaster bit reposted an awful lot

:kermit

benjipwns

« Reply #2242 on: October 07, 2021, 07:55:19 AM »
Do you listen to many women who do stand-up?

I haven't watched any stand up in a long time but over the past couple weeks I've been consuming pretty much every comedy special by women on Netflix and I've highly enjoyed almost all of them. Tons of progressive jokes and specific call outs of support for trans and other marginalized people and/or scathing jokes about rightwing shitheads in the majority of them. Plus fun sex jokes. Definitely stuff I can "get with" and I highly recommend it all.
Somebody else watch all the standup by women on Netflix and report back.

benjipwns

« Reply #2243 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:06 AM »
On the other hand, prove there's any standup on Netflix by anyone as good as this:

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2244 on: October 07, 2021, 07:58:34 AM »
So in honour of Planetsmashers ongoing remedial classes in having a sense of humour 101, lets deconstruct that Acaster bit and how:
writing jokes that punch up is more work than just punching down endlessly.

"I hate old people so damn much, they're the stupidest people in the world" - that's punching up, right?

What did "old people" do to deserve being targetted? Oh, they said they thought comedy shouldn't have so much swearing in.

So telling a comedian how they should be funny makes you a worthy target for ridicule, by "non-punching-down" standards?
Or to put it in a "non-punching-down" manner, "Don't tell me what is and isn't offensive you old fucks"

So I can see why Era fucking love this guy, because doing the exact same thing to a group you don't give a shit about and thinking thats fucking brilliant, then immediately turning around and throwing a tantrum when someone else does literally the same thing to a group that you do give a shit about and thinking thats the most unfair thing that has ever happened in the history of the world and your special interest group deserve a free pass somehow is basically era in a fucking nutshell.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2245 on: October 07, 2021, 08:08:27 AM »
From where I sit, the thing a lot of people need to realize about Dave Chapelle is that the only thing special about him, the only thing, is that he watered down traditional Black comedy enough to be palatable to white people.

I will never understand it (I do, but that's for another thread), why white people love this man so much.

But when you've grown up as a Black Queer person, you know...this particular erasure he employs on Black Queer people (particularly Black Trans people) is intentional, and it is the point.

When he says, "stop punching down on my community," which is something he's been saying for years now, he wants you to buy into his framework that Queerness/Transness, and the pursuit of liberation for LGBTQIA+ in general, is inherently anti-Black. In order for that to work, he can't acknowledge that his own people, by our own birth, can be Queer/Trans. That's gotta get swept under the rug. It's another ploy of the white devil.

(And to be clear, there are some prominent white patriarchal forces within these Queer movements that desperately want these movements to be anti-Black, but that too is for another thread. Y'all ain't ready.)

This framework that he engages through is intentional. It's not an accident. Dave Chapelle knows Black Queer people exist, he knows how he's erasing us in his arguments. But unless Black Queer people are bolstering his arguments, the reality of Black Queer and Trans people specifically is not the reality he wants to weave.

And if you've grown up Black and Queer, you know why. Because he's a hotep. Plain and simple. He's always been a hotep. I'm so sorry to break it to y'all. This is hotepery of the highest degree. There must have been a disturbance in the Game of Hotep because he's now making a play for the iron throne.

And the only thing I can ask, is that a lot of y'all stop engaging in this debate on his terms. Dave Chapelle wants you to forget that Black Queer people exist.

Didn't you get fired for being acephobic?

Also, you're not fucking Fermat so stop with writing "I have a really great point to make here to back up some of this shit, but I will put it in another thread" in the margins

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2246 on: October 07, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
On the other hand, prove there's any standup on Netflix by anyone as good as this:

The comments though

on my death bed i will request my loved ones play this video for me in my last moments because sitting through this absolute degenerate garbage felt like a million lifetimes

cringed so hard i became a raisin.

i dont get it, my jokes were a hit on tumblr?!?

My mum died from cancer and it was funnier than this.

Its not good when the comment section is funnier than the stand up comedian

:delicious
ど助平

SmokyDave

« Reply #2247 on: October 07, 2021, 08:36:48 AM »

...can someone tell this fucker that my culture is not a costume please.

Chuck 'er a joke book while you're at it.

« Reply #2248 on: October 07, 2021, 08:45:17 AM »
The way they are celebrating the news of DQ's composer death, you'd think Hitler just died.

benjipwns

« Reply #2249 on: October 07, 2021, 08:53:01 AM »
I get acknowledging that someone is a bad person , but some yall really celebrating a humans death.
I wont celebrate death of a human being , period .
User Banned (Duration Pending): Concern trolling with regards to homophobia and war crime denial over a series of posts

Ok

Cool forum.
User banned (permanent): Constantly excusing bigotry, account suicide

I'm not going to mourn his death. But go ahead and ban me and delete my account. You guys already want to initiate the dogpile.

User Banned (Duration Pending): Drive by Concern trolling with regards to homophobia and war crime denial, previous severe bans for concern trolling around representation and dismissing racism

The internet really brings out the worst of people sometimes. If you don't have anything nice to say about a dead person, don't say anything at all. Behaviour like seen in this thread makes you folks and this forum look really despicable.

Obituary Threads

We generally do not welcome celebration or cheering the death of public figures. Members that appear to be using an obituary thread solely to post about how glad they are that person is dead may be moderated. This does not preclude sober criticism of a person's legacy or mistakes in life. We simply do not want to celebrate death. Context will matter, and some individuals have done things so heinous that rare exceptions may need to be made.

benjipwns

« Reply #2250 on: October 07, 2021, 08:54:46 AM »
Not just DQ either, it’s a net positive for the whole games industry.
Sakurai is still alive. :ufup

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2251 on: October 07, 2021, 08:57:17 AM »
its a good thing that era recently clarified their gravedancing moderation policy :teehee

BisMarckie

« Reply #2252 on: October 07, 2021, 08:59:57 AM »

I haven't watched any stand up in a long time but over the past couple weeks I've been consuming pretty much every comedy special by women on Netflix and I've highly enjoyed almost all of them. Tons of progressive jokes and specific call outs of support for trans and other marginalized people and/or scathing jokes about rightwing shitheads in the majority of them. Plus fun sex jokes. Definitely stuff I can "get with" and I highly recommend it all.

https://www.vulture.com/2018/07/bill-maher-hannah-gadsby-stand-up-comedy.html

“Let’s make art great again, guys,” Gadsby proclaims toward the end of Nanette, tweaking Trump subtly enough that it takes a second to register what she just did

:dead

benjipwns

« Reply #2253 on: October 07, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »
A legend for sure. Rest in peace
Seriously. Stop with the fucking rest in peace bs goddamn.

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2254 on: October 07, 2021, 09:05:45 AM »
hey let's take a look over at reddit which is a horrible cesspool of negative filth, right

Uncle

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2255 on: October 07, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »
hey let's take a look at good ol' resetera I know them they like video games

Uncle

Hermit

« Reply #2256 on: October 07, 2021, 09:13:23 AM »
Well adjusted individuals :)

ShutUp

« Reply #2257 on: October 07, 2021, 09:17:53 AM »
Can’t wait for the only people banned in that thread to be the ones calling out the grave dancing that the site is totally against.

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2258 on: October 07, 2021, 09:18:25 AM »
Also era: Why does the entire rest of the internet hate us and think we're terrible people?  ???

SmokyDave

« Reply #2259 on: October 07, 2021, 09:19:05 AM »
Someone died that you don't like? Well then, don't bother posting any RIP thoughts or suchlike. Ignore it, and move on.

Actually going out of your way to write something celebratory about their death just marks you out as an ugly, miserable person. Also known as 'an Era poster'.

benjipwns

« Reply #2260 on: October 07, 2021, 09:19:38 AM »

“Let’s make art great again, guys,” Gadsby proclaims toward the end of Nanette, tweaking Trump subtly enough that it takes a second to register what she just did

This review alone has always justified the existence of Nanette.

This one is good too:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/24/arts/hannah-gadsby-comedy-nanette.html
In stark personal terms, she reveals her own gender and sexual trauma, and doesn’t invite people to laugh at it. “Nanette” is an international sensation, the most-talked-about, written-about, shared-about comedy act in years, exquisitely timed to the #MeToo era. And in its success Ms. Gadsby has perhaps pointed the art form of stand-up in an altogether new direction, even as she has repeatedly vowed, onstage, to quit the business.

benjipwns

« Reply #2261 on: October 07, 2021, 09:23:12 AM »

FUCCCCKCKKKCKKCKKCCKKC OOFOOOOFFOFFFF

Potato

• Senior's Member
« Reply #2262 on: October 07, 2021, 09:33:53 AM »
I could think of no greater torture than having to sit and listen to a bunch of female comedians.

Except Sarah Millican. She's pretty fucking funny.
[close]
Spud

benjipwns

« Reply #2263 on: October 07, 2021, 09:41:03 AM »
There is so much conflict on that forum: https://www.resetera.com/threads/letitia-wright-shuri-links-to-anti-vax-video-on-twitter-update-she-has-deleted-her-twitter-account.337992/post-74782839
I guess tough shit for all those girls who saw the first BP and were inspired by her I guess?
it really is tough finding out an inspiring, barrier-breaking character is played by a person with abhorrent views. separating the art from the artist is particularly difficult when the artist doubles as a role model.
She fucked up and should apologize for retweeting that terrible video accompanied by a prayer emoji that one time, and if she's done anything else transphobic besides that than I would certainly change my opinion, but maybe this extremely talented young woman of color doesn't deserve her career ruined for retweeting a rambling nutjob, at least not to same degree as others who are actively out there causing harm.
How many transphobic, anti-vax, tweets would it take for you to say she sucks and probably shouldn't be the face of a franchise?
I guess tough shit for all those girls who saw the first BP and were inspired by her I guess?
If your role model is a transphobic anti-vax asshole, then you need a better role model, end of story.
I think that what "people" think was the mistake is simply being "a skeptic of the covid 19 vaccine" in the first place (AKA, anti-vax) on top of all the shit in the vid.

If she isn't convinced that the Vaccine is something she wants in her body, then she can't actually tell anyone her stance on it has changed. Asking for an "apology" for anything beyond what seems like her last post on the topic is basically asking for an empty gesture in that regard. It would be like asking someone to say sorry for voicing a concern, basically.

That's why I say that her yeeting herself off of social media was the best course of action.
Yes, the word 'but' isn't there in the literal sense. And yes, using a platform as a celebrity to raise questions about a Covid vaccine that is tested extensively is a mistake she needs to realize, and admit to. 'Voicing concern' - that is a nice term for spreading conspiracy theories - is something that she needs to admit was wrong.
I guess Cheadle's "talking to her" didn't do shit. Imagine that. Maybe don't defend shit people just because you work with them.
Not sure why you're trying to drag someone who tried to educate her into this like they did something wrong.
Its weird right? Do exactly what I wanted or youre a bad person. Another poster grouping in other black people as guilt by association. I dont like that one bit

It reminds me of that Andrew Wiggins thread or Cam Newton thread where posters were allowed to say stuff like "Athletes are so stupid"
What I want is people not to defend misinformation and hate. I would have said the same thing if it was Chris Evans if he did it on twitter. Yes so weird. But go off.

Also PlanetSmasher is so cute:
Quote from: PlanetSmasher
I've been on the "I trust Ryan Coogler" train post-Chadwick's death, but if he's not shutting this moron and her bullshit down on set I'm gonna lose a fair deal of respect for him.
Because the director works directly with the actors and I would hope the guy in charge of the whole production on the ground has the presence to go "hey, stop it" when someone is spouting blatant, destructive falsehoods on set.
If you're her boss, you can basically say "these are the rules to follow on my set, and if you don't follow them, I'll report you to HR and the producers". Coogler may not be able to fire her directly but he can absolutely report her for creating a hostile work environment or causing an unsafe set. All of that can be grounds for breach of contract.
Thinks you can just fire a lead actor off an already filming multi-million dollar blockbuster for saying false things on set. :neogaf

benjipwns

« Reply #2264 on: October 07, 2021, 09:48:26 AM »
Ideally, we'll get a Letitia Wright has passed away thread so Disney can do the right thing and we can all post celebration gifs.

benjipwns

« Reply #2265 on: October 07, 2021, 09:48:38 AM »
Ideally, we'll get a Letitia Wright has passed away thread so Disney can do the right thing and we can all post celebration gifs.
TOO FAR :bolo

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2266 on: October 07, 2021, 09:49:22 AM »
in honor of the death of the great composer I encourage all resetera users to listen to this song on repeat all day as they browse the site

or this one if you're old school  :respect

[close]
Uncle

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2267 on: October 07, 2021, 09:52:11 AM »
I just bought DQXI S on the PS Store yesterday.

Literally shaking rn.
Margs

benjipwns

« Reply #2268 on: October 07, 2021, 09:52:17 AM »
Between this news, Sora in Smash, and Metroid Dread tomorrow, this is a great week for video games.
Reported for dismissing concerns about representation.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2269 on: October 07, 2021, 09:55:22 AM »

Gadsby is great because era fell in love with her clips, but when they watch the full special they realize how much she shits on era like people.

HardcoreRetro

• Punk Mushi no Onna
« Reply #2270 on: October 07, 2021, 09:57:08 AM »
I thought Hannah Gadsby's rape bit was pretty good. Had me laughing out loud throughout the show.

HaughtyFrank

• Haughty and a little naughty
« Reply #2271 on: October 07, 2021, 09:58:39 AM »
If you're her boss, you can basically say "these are the rules to follow on my set, and if you don't follow them, I'll report you to HR and the producers". Coogler may not be able to fire her directly but he can absolutely report her for creating a hostile work environment or causing an unsafe set. All of that can be grounds for breach of contract.

You better stop talking about scientology Tom Cruise or I'm going to HR!

benjipwns

« Reply #2272 on: October 07, 2021, 10:16:49 AM »
I'm still not touching DQ with a 10 feet pole if I'm not 100% certain it's not funding a big far right effort to deny war crimes and push ethno nationalism.
Please understand.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2273 on: October 07, 2021, 10:20:41 AM »
I'm still not touching DQ with a 10 feet pole if I'm not 100% certain it's not funding a big far right effort to deny war crimes and push ethno nationalism.
Please understand.

Is this the poster?

:info
ど助平

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2274 on: October 07, 2021, 10:22:32 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away.496800/page-14#post-74812710

Quote from: Yukari
Real Talk. To Them (Japan) He is National Treasure. His death It's going to be big news (and probably even have a big funeral)

We can expect many Jap developers tweets to talk about this tomorrow.

:yikes
ど助平

clothedmacuser

• Defender of Centrist Scum
« Reply #2275 on: October 07, 2021, 10:24:29 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/'

Apparently he "literally killed" a trans person.

* He did not literally kill a trans person

But he literally did kill a trans person.  But he didn't.  But he literally did.  No trans people have been recorded as "literally" killed by Dave Chapelle of this posting.  mods will update this post when he does indeed "literally kill" a trans person.
sigh

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2276 on: October 07, 2021, 10:27:13 AM »
I just bought DQXI S on the PS Store yesterday.

Literally shaking rn.

Big OOF, he might have still been alive when you bought it. Who knows how many war crimes he might have used your money to deny on his death bed.
©@©™

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2277 on: October 07, 2021, 10:34:01 AM »
Ryan Coogler should be able to get his artistes on set toeing the company line, but cerium can't get his janitors to stop calling the sites visitors cunts and distinguished mentally-challenged fellows on discord, huh.

:kermit

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2278 on: October 07, 2021, 10:34:48 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away.496800/page-15#post-74814477

Quote from: Watchtower
So I'm not a fan of DQ, so I don't have the attachment to Sugiyama's music the way long-time fans do. I'm not going to piss on them being rattled by the loss of the man responsible for some truly legendary music. It is legitimately sad that such an influential man was also so reprehensible, so monstrous, capable of such hate.

I still literally cheered seeing the headlines when I woke up this morning. There are few people who I believe deserve to die, few people that I believe would literally benefit the world just by dropping dead, and Sugiyama is one of them. At the very least DQ's music should now be free to truly modernize and grow outside of his draconian stranglehold. At the very least you won't have such an influential man spewing and supporting such outright hate - even if his estate continued support in spirit they'll never have the clout that he himself had. And the man lived a long life, he doesn't need my sympathy, certainly doesn't deserve it.

May he burn in the pits of hell.

:titus
ど助平

benjipwns

« Reply #2279 on: October 07, 2021, 10:37:25 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/'

Apparently he "literally killed" a trans person.

* He did not literally kill a trans person

But he literally did kill a trans person.  But he didn't.  But he literally did.  No trans people have been recorded as "literally" killed by Dave Chapelle of this posting.  mods will update this post when he does indeed "literally kill" a trans person.
Now they're promoting a Twitter thread of a Netflix employee that says Dave Chappelle's views directly killed 38 people so far this year.

Yeah. Chapelle punches down on both the downtrodden and the innocent dead.