Author Topic: Other Forums Containment Thread  (Read 1926022 times)

Propagandhim

Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2280 on: October 07, 2021, 10:38:16 AM »
Honestly, he's really kinda ordinary for an old Japanese guy, in terms of what he believed.  He even rescinded his LGBT comments sometimes in 2019.  A 90 year old Japanese guy is nationalistic and denies some of the most brutal behavior in the country's history?  Wow, ya don't say?  Old people never do that.  This is really much ado about nothing -    Definitely not worth the worldwide grave-pissing.   Denying warcrimes wouldn't even get you banned on Resetera!

I'm still not touching DQ with a 10 feet pole if I'm not 100% certain it's not funding a big far right effort to deny war crimes and push ethno nationalism.

Japan is already an ethnostate - it doesn't need funding for that, so just think of it like Wakanda (the good kind of ethnostate) with asian people and you'll be ok.

:nsfw top of the page 2 japanese atomic bombs   
spoiler (click to show/hide)
[close]
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 10:50:12 AM by Propagandhim »

Uncle

• Have You Ever
Re: Off-Site Discussion: Inappropriate Use of Another Moderator's Member History
« Reply #2281 on: October 07, 2021, 10:44:22 AM »
you compose beautiful music for three decades, but do they call you sugiyama the composer? no!

you contribute funding to the arts to encourage young people to develop, but do they call you sugiyama the charitable mentor? no!

you donate to environmental causes and contribute to internationally known games with messages of stewardship, conservation, acceptance of others, and friendly unity, but do they call you sugiyama the conservationist humanitarian? no!

but you fuck one sheep...
Uncle

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #2282 on: October 07, 2021, 10:45:32 AM »
Do you listen to many women who do stand-up?

I haven't watched any stand up in a long time but over the past couple weeks I've been consuming pretty much every comedy special by women on Netflix and I've highly enjoyed almost all of them. Tons of progressive jokes and specific call outs of support for trans and other marginalized people and/or scathing jokes about rightwing shitheads in the majority of them. Plus fun sex jokes. Definitely stuff I can "get with" and I highly recommend it all.
Somebody else watch all the standup by women on Netflix and report back.

Sounds like they do every kind of joke except funny.

Boredfrom

« Reply #2283 on: October 07, 2021, 10:46:22 AM »
you compose beautiful music for three decades, but do they call you sugiyama the composer? no!

you contribute funding to the arts to encourage young people to develop, but do they call you sugiyama the charitable mentor? no!

you donate to environmental causes and contribute to internationally known games with messages of stewardship, conservation, acceptance of others, and friendly unity, but do they call you sugiyama the conservationist humanitarian? no!

I mean, war crimes denial is not exactly a small deal...

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2284 on: October 07, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
Honestly, he's really kinda ordinary for an old Japanese guy, in terms of what he believed.  He even rescinded his LGBT comments sometimes in 2019.  A 90 year old Japanese guy is nationalistic?  Wow, ya don't say?  This is really much ado about nothing - and definitely not worth the worldwide grave-pissing.

Yeah, no, his political views were complete shit.

Sugiyama was a Nanjing Massacre denialist, stating that the facts regarding it are "selective in nature". He was one of the signatories on "The Facts", a full-page ad published by The Washington Post on June 14, 2007, which was written by a number of Japanese politicians and academics in response to the passing of United States House of Representatives House Resolution 121, which sought an official apology from the Government of Japan regarding their involvement of using "comfort women", which were women who were used as sexual slaves by Japanese soldiers during World War II.

It's just that it's pretty disgusting seeing all those people celebrating his death, too. 
ど助平

thetylerrob

« Reply #2285 on: October 07, 2021, 10:50:41 AM »
The Japanese Imperial Army's rape of Nannette Jing was a huge blow to female comedy. Sugiyama should have apologized.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2286 on: October 07, 2021, 10:52:31 AM »
The Japanese Imperial Army's rape of Nannette Jing was a huge blow to female comedy. Sugiyama should have apologized.

:cac
ど助平

Propagandhim

« Reply #2287 on: October 07, 2021, 10:57:10 AM »
Honestly, he's really kinda ordinary for an old Japanese guy, in terms of what he believed.  He even rescinded his LGBT comments sometimes in 2019.  A 90 year old Japanese guy is nationalistic?  Wow, ya don't say?  This is really much ado about nothing - and definitely not worth the worldwide grave-pissing.

Sugiyama was a Nanjing Massacre denialist, stating that the facts regarding it are "selective in nature". He was one of the signatories on "The Facts", a full-page ad published by The Washington Post on June 14, 2007, which was written by a number of Japanese politicians and academics in response to the passing of United States House of Representatives House Resolution 121, which sought an official apology from the Government of Japan regarding their involvement of using "comfort women", which were women who were used as sexual slaves by Japanese soldiers during World War II.

It's just that it's pretty disgusting seeing all those people celebrating his death, too.

They're ordinary, shitty ideas that 90 year old Japanese men have.  We usually just shush them and cart them off and ignore them.  He was a problematic, complicated character, but quite an ordinary one.    The people you have to start worrying about are like, Presidents of major countries that refuse to acknowledge genocides and get peace prizes, anyway.   But imagine dancing on Obama's grave?  You would be an asshole.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 11:02:00 AM by Propagandhim »

tiesto

• ルカルカ★ナイトフィーバー
« Reply #2288 on: October 07, 2021, 10:58:51 AM »
I love DQ and it's one of my favorite game series of all time. I grew up with Sugiyama's music, so it was definitely disappointing when I later learned he had some pretty reprehensible views. Still, the RE grave pissing is quite disgusting.
^_^

Boredfrom

« Reply #2289 on: October 07, 2021, 11:01:17 AM »

They're ordinary, shitty ideas that 90 year old Japanese men have.  We usually just shush them and cart them off and ignore them.  The people you have to start worrying about are like, Presidents of major countries that refuse to acknowledge genocides and get peace prizes, anyway.

But the Japanese PM was doing that for years.

Also, Sugiyama was not exactly small potatoes to begin with given the example the Bork just posted.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2290 on: October 07, 2021, 11:03:35 AM »

They're ordinary, shitty ideas that 90 year old Japanese men have.  We usually just shush them and cart them off and ignore them.  The people you have to start worrying about are like, Presidents of major countries that refuse to acknowledge genocides and get peace prizes, anyway.

Also, Sugiyama was not exactly small potatoes to begin with given the example the Bork just posted.

You're right, he deserves the death penalty.  Oh he's dead?  Shit on his grave!

Pissy F Benny

• Is down with the sickness
« Reply #2291 on: October 07, 2021, 11:11:56 AM »
Someone died that you don't like? Well then, don't bother posting any RIP thoughts or suchlike. Ignore it, and move on.

Actually going out of your way to write something celebratory about their death just marks you out as an ugly, miserable person. Also known as 'an Era poster'.

yeah unless it's someone who was a monumental piece of shit (a serial killer or a massive paedophile or a dictator or something) I don't get grave dancing, this dude sounds like a talented guy who was also a bit of a wanker :trumps
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #2292 on: October 07, 2021, 11:12:37 AM »

::)

Calm down, Samoyed, that wasn’t the point.

Cauliflower Of Love

• I found my bearings, they were in the race
« Reply #2293 on: October 07, 2021, 11:13:53 AM »
I was gonna leave a mean comment when this thread was first posted last night, but thought that might be a bit much. Coming back this morning to see that everyone's just shitting on the guy, gotta say, makes me feel pretty good.

:kobeyuck

Taco Bell Tower

• Your likes are brought to you by YUM! Brands
« Reply #2294 on: October 07, 2021, 11:16:10 AM »
Between this news, Sora in Smash, and Metroid Dread tomorrow, this is a great week for video games.
Reported for dismissing concerns about representation.

It’s a shame he had to spend so much of his energy tarnishing his legacy by being a hateful bigot. I hope queer people in Japan feel marginally safer without him amplifying hate against them anymore.

Propagandhim

« Reply #2295 on: October 07, 2021, 11:16:51 AM »

::)

Calm down, Samoyed, that wasn’t the point.

And my point wasn't that what he believed wasn't shitty. 

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2296 on: October 07, 2021, 11:17:37 AM »

denying mass murder eh :cenk
(ice)

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2297 on: October 07, 2021, 11:24:07 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away.496800/page-15#post-74814477

Quote from: Watchtower
So I'm not a fan of DQ, so I don't have the attachment to Sugiyama's music the way long-time fans do. I'm not going to piss on them being rattled by the loss of the man responsible for some truly legendary music. It is legitimately sad that such an influential man was also so reprehensible, so monstrous, capable of such hate.

I still literally cheered seeing the headlines when I woke up this morning. There are few people who I believe deserve to die, few people that I believe would literally benefit the world just by dropping dead, and Sugiyama is one of them. At the very least DQ's music should now be free to truly modernize and grow outside of his draconian stranglehold. At the very least you won't have such an influential man spewing and supporting such outright hate - even if his estate continued support in spirit they'll never have the clout that he himself had. And the man lived a long life, he doesn't need my sympathy, certainly doesn't deserve it.

May he burn in the pits of hell.

:titus

As I play most games without music, I've never actually experienced his work. I kinda feel like this works in my favor, because having read about this guys opinions, I'd hate to feel attached to his work.
I get that he was probably beloved by many people, but, you know. Hard to feel bad.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away.496800/page-15#post-74814585

Mostima

« Reply #2298 on: October 07, 2021, 11:24:14 AM »
 I can't believe someone would be this much of a loser to take 10 years of "comedy classes" just to police other people's jokes on the internet. :lol

benjipwns

• your bright ideas always burn me
« Reply #2299 on: October 07, 2021, 11:30:44 AM »
I see that XIS is on sale on Steam, and I'll probably buy it as a result of this news, to be perfectly honest.
Finally, a chance to send all my money to credibly accused sexual abusers!

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2300 on: October 07, 2021, 11:32:48 AM »
I understand that Sugiyama’s early works were iconic, but he was a Grade-A piece of shit. My condolences go out to his loved ones, but I’m cool with us celebrating this (even more so when I think about the damage he’s caused). He was a legit monster & the world is honestly better off without him.

:doge

benjipwns

« Reply #2301 on: October 07, 2021, 11:33:50 AM »
Some of the criticism in this thread is thoughtfully constructed. Some of the criticism in this thread is teen edgelord twitter-quality garbage. Noting this difference isn't the same as saying criticism is bad. But to each their own.
I don’t give a shit if it’s the edgiest shitpostiest single sentence post. He doesn’t deserve “thoughtfully constructed critique”.
Some of the criticism in this thread is thoughtfully constructed. Some of the criticism in this thread is teen edgelord twitter-quality garbage. Noting this difference isn't the same as saying criticism is bad. But to each their own.
Sorry, what are you talking about? Criticism? Are we sending him this threat for some debating purposes? It's absolutely fine for people to just voice their nonchalance at his passing, since he was a terrible person.
I don't see why that's an issue.
Oh boy are these dudes going to have egg on their faces when the mods sweep in and enforce that rule about "no celebrating public deaths" :teehee

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2302 on: October 07, 2021, 11:38:23 AM »
I can't believe someone would be this much of a loser to take 10 years of "comedy classes" just to police other people's jokes on the internet. :lol

No, look, I realise after 3 years paying for my course you might expect to be able to do a 5 min open mic set, but the truth is, its just too easy to do 'punch down' comedy, and all those other comedians getting laughs are just sellouts.
If you sign up for my 4 year advanced course right now, I will give you the secrets on being a true comedian though!

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2303 on: October 07, 2021, 11:40:38 AM »
I don’t give a shit if it’s the edgiest shitpostiest single sentence post. He doesn’t deserve “thoughtfully constructed critique”.
Sorry, what are you talking about? Criticism? Are we sending him this threat for some debating purposes? It's absolutely fine for people to just voice their nonchalance at his passing, since he was a terrible person.
I don't see why that's an issue.
Oh boy are these dudes going to have egg on their faces when the mods sweep in and enforce that rule about "no celebrating public deaths" :teehee

Celebrating the death of a person who exhibited disguting behavior makes you a person who exhibits disgusting behavior. You are not better.

This is some of the worst "both sides" bullshit I've ever seen.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/koichi-sugiyama-composer-of-dragon-quest-has-passed-away.496800/page-15#post-74815206

GreatSageEqualOfHeaven

• Dumbass Monkey
« Reply #2304 on: October 07, 2021, 11:44:39 AM »
Sugiyamas death: "Worst piece of shit who ever lived, rest in hell fucker"
Epsteins death: "Are we reaaaaally sure it was suicide tho?"

benjipwns

« Reply #2305 on: October 07, 2021, 11:45:21 AM »
The American news media still has a requirement of giving equal airtime to candidates of both parties in elections
No, it doesn't. This guy must have gone to political school too.

ShutUp

« Reply #2307 on: October 07, 2021, 11:51:09 AM »
That people default to upholding decorum is exactly why bigotry is allowed to fester and spread. In a better world we'd all be celebrating the death of someone who used his wealth to help make life so miserable for so many innocent people.

Will remember this when someone they like dies and someone grave dances in the thread for it, only for that person to be immediately banned for grave dancing.

SmokyDave

« Reply #2308 on: October 07, 2021, 11:55:49 AM »
"In a better world we'd all be celebrating the death of someone"

I mean. Nuff said. These people are unwell and ought not to be encouraging each other.

benjipwns

« Reply #2309 on: October 07, 2021, 11:56:17 AM »
Bigotry is allowed to fester and spread because people default to upholding decorum. In a better world we'd all be celebrating the death of someone who used his wealth to help make life so miserable for so many innocent people.
yep. Call for civility in such context ain't slick either.
I couldn't agree more.
THIS
If only we had been meaner to those rich and powerful dead pieces of shit after they died, bigotry would be over forever! :lol

Joe Molotov

• I'm much more humble than you would understand.
  • Administrator
« Reply #2310 on: October 07, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/'

Apparently he "literally killed" a trans person.

* He did not literally kill a trans person

But he literally did kill a trans person.  But he didn't.  But he literally did.  No trans people have been recorded as "literally" killed by Dave Chapelle of this posting.  mods will update this post when he does indeed "literally kill" a trans person.
Now they're promoting a Twitter thread of a Netflix employee that says Dave Chappelle's views directly killed 38 people so far this year.

Yeah. Chapelle punches down on both the downtrodden and the innocent dead.

Did they report Dave to the Netflix HR for creating a hostile work environment yet?
©@©™

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2311 on: October 07, 2021, 11:57:52 AM »
And my point wasn't that what he believed wasn't shitty.

Denying the rape of Nanking and excusing forcing women to go get soldiers off?  Naw, that's pretty shitty and he seemed to be a shitty person to push those views.  But here's the points I'm making-

I understand that Sugiyama’s early works were iconic, but he was a Grade-A piece of shit. My condolences go out to his loved ones, but I’m cool with us celebrating this (even more so when I think about the damage he’s caused). He was a legit monster & the world is honestly better off without him.

:doge

Dude had shitty views.  OK- he wasn't actually in WWII (AFAIK) and wasn't going out and actually raping people or killing them and all that.  He certainly sounds like an asshole though-

I love DQ and it's one of my favorite game series of all time. I grew up with Sugiyama's music, so it was definitely disappointing when I later learned he had some pretty reprehensible views. Still, the RE grave pissing is quite disgusting.

And so I'm not saying that people should be holding ceremonies in his honor or anything like that, I'm just saying that celebrating this guy's passing is disgusting in its own way.  If Era wanted to actually do something here, they would be 'protesting' Square Enix by not purchasing anything from them and being vocal about it.  Doesn't seem like the majority do anything like this and instead get hard-ons for the next Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest release, with just a "hey the music is being done by that asshole, fuck him, anyway take my $59.99."
 :brain

ど助平

ShutUp

« Reply #2312 on: October 07, 2021, 12:04:05 PM »
Yeah the guy was a piece of shit but seeing the amount of grave dancing is just….nah. Gross. Era continues to display they are one bad day away from going on a mass shooting spree. As unhinged as the people they despise.

benjipwns

« Reply #2313 on: October 07, 2021, 12:10:37 PM »
Did they report Dave to the Netflix HR for creating a hostile work environment yet?
Well, this lady tagged Netflix while quitting her job as a showrunner due to Dave Chappelle's creating a hostile work environment, so I guess HR can be considered notified:
https://twitter.com/JaclynPMoore/status/1445912662093729793
https://twitter.com/JaclynPMoore/status/1445927631954841603

Correction: She is at Peacock now, so she has nothing to do with Netflix and did not quit her job over Dave Chappelle or anything:
https://twitter.com/JaclynPMoore/status/1444030049108250631
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 01:05:07 PM by benjipwns »

benjipwns

« Reply #2314 on: October 07, 2021, 12:14:16 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/if-smash-ultimate-ends-up-being-sakurais-final-game-then-moments-like-this-will-be-his-lasting-legacy.496935/

Read the room!
The guy managed to make a 100 roster fighting game without one black character, that is indeed one impressive legacy.
THANK YOU

ShutUp

« Reply #2315 on: October 07, 2021, 12:16:52 PM »
Dear White People is as subtle as a hammer to the back of the head so it would make sense she wouldn’t understand what Dave was actually trying to say.

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2316 on: October 07, 2021, 12:18:49 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/'

Apparently he "literally killed" a trans person.

* He did not literally kill a trans person

But he literally did kill a trans person.  But he didn't.  But he literally did.  No trans people have been recorded as "literally" killed by Dave Chapelle of this posting.  mods will update this post when he does indeed "literally kill" a trans person.
Now they're promoting a Twitter thread of a Netflix employee that says Dave Chappelle's views directly killed 38 people so far this year.

Yeah. Chapelle punches down on both the downtrodden and the innocent dead.

Yes, but they’re on Christmas break right now. Please understand.
Margs

Taco Bell Tower

« Reply #2317 on: October 07, 2021, 12:29:33 PM »
Nintendo has been making games for like over 40 years and they dont have any prominent characters that arent white.

Demonstrably false. The fact that many heavily Asian coded characters you see them as “white” because they’re light skinned says a lot about the way you see the world.

User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing Concerns Around Representation
https://www.resetera.com/threads/89-characters-not-a-single-black-character-the-anti-blackness-of-super-smash-bros-ultimate.394207/page-35#post-74726988

No wonder AsiaERA left.

Pissy F Benny

« Reply #2318 on: October 07, 2021, 12:30:59 PM »
Well, this lady tagged Netflix while quitting her job as a showrunner due to Dave Chappelle's creating a hostile work environment, so I guess HR can be considered notified:
https://twitter.com/JaclynPMoore/status/1445912662093729793
https://twitter.com/JaclynPMoore/status/1445927631954841603

lol of course the show runner in Netflixs Black comedy was a yt  :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
(ice)

Boredfrom

« Reply #2319 on: October 07, 2021, 12:36:53 PM »
A white person telling a black person how to react.

ShutUp

« Reply #2320 on: October 07, 2021, 12:39:34 PM »
Even as an American, that Sakurai thread is too American even for me. “CATER TO ME! ME DAMNIT! ME!” - for a majority Japanese game franchises crossover fighting game. They just don’t get it over there.

Cauliflower Of Love

« Reply #2322 on: October 07, 2021, 12:49:15 PM »

Imagine telling Chappelle (a black person) what it's like being called something you're not.

:teehee

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2323 on: October 07, 2021, 12:49:29 PM »
Even as an American, that Sakurai thread is too American even for me. “CATER TO ME! ME DAMNIT! ME!” - for a majority Japanese game franchises crossover fighting game. They just don’t get it over there.

How many Japanese characters are in Halo?

Time to fight back
:O

ShutUp

« Reply #2324 on: October 07, 2021, 12:50:25 PM »
We don’t have thin skin and are not offended

*proceeds to demonstrate the thinnest of skin and be massively offended*

Hermit

« Reply #2325 on: October 07, 2021, 12:53:00 PM »
REMEMBAH ME? for Smash or we fucking RIOT NINTENDO YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS

Trojita

« Reply #2326 on: October 07, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Imagine telling Chappelle (a black person) what it's like being called something you're not.

:teehee
Of course this person worked at NuBlizzard :heh

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #2327 on: October 07, 2021, 12:59:26 PM »

How many Japanese characters are in Halo?

Time to fight back

It’s time to take back our country  :morans
Margs

Hap Shaughnessy

• Canadian Ambassador to Guam (Ret.)
« Reply #2328 on: October 07, 2021, 01:15:26 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/dave-chappelle-announces-hes-a-terf.496338/page-8#post-74796195

User Banned (Permanent): Justifying transphobia, account in junior phase
Quote from: NakedCenturion
I just watched the special, those hating on it for him saying he's TERF, really did not watch it or have a hard time with others having differing opinions and thoughts. It was a great special, with an awesome heartfelt story towards the end about a transgendered friend of his. If you haven't watched it and judge him off of offhand remarks from others, congrats on letting others construct your opinions for you. If you watched it and are offended, you have that right, but missed the point of what his message was about.
OBE

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2329 on: October 07, 2021, 01:16:57 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-to-quit-pro-lgbtq-scheme-plans-to-be-%E2%80%98impartial-on-lgbtq-lives%E2%80%99-and-to-debate-questions-of-gender-and-sexuality.496899/

The BBC aren't going to continue to pay for advice that provides, an independent commission declared, "incorrect and potentially illegal advice on transgender issues."?

:pika

https://www.cloisters.com/reindorf-review-on-no-platforming/

The University of Essex has today published Akua Reindorf’s Review of two events involving external speakers, concerning the controversy surrounding events at which Professor Jo Phoenix (Open University) and Professor Rosa Freedman (University of Reading) had been invited to speak.

The report concludes that the University breached the Professors’ rights to freedom of expression because of preconceptions about their views on trans rights and gender identity. The University was in breach of its statutory duty to take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that freedom of speech within the law is secured for visiting speakers (s.43 of the Education Act (No. 2) 1986 s.43(1)), its own Freedom of Speech and Academic Freedom policy, its regulatory obligations, its duties under charity law and potentially the Public Sector Equality Duty.

In Professor Phoenix’s case, a seminar which she was due to give in December 2019 was cancelled at the last minute because of threats of disruption. A flyer was circulated in the University bearing an image of a cartoon character pointing a gun and the words “SHUT THE F*** UP, TERF”. The report concluded that proper use of the University’s external speaker notification procedure would have averted the last minute panic which resulted in the cancellation. Thereafter, a decision was taken to not invite Professor Phoenix to give another seminar because of concerns that she would engage in “hate speech” against trans people. The report concluded that this amounted to blacklisting and was unlawful, and that there was no reasonable basis for thinking that Professor Phoenix might use unlawful speech of any kind.

taking bets on this, was the character:

• sonic the hedgehog
  • sailor moon
Uncle

marrec

« Reply #2330 on: October 07, 2021, 01:25:57 PM »

If you had to get caught fucking a sheep or denying war crimes, which would you choose?

Switters

« Reply #2331 on: October 07, 2021, 01:30:56 PM »
Anybody know any of those sex jokes?

:ryker
troll

Mostima

« Reply #2332 on: October 07, 2021, 01:33:06 PM »
https://www.resetera.com/threads/bbc-to-quit-pro-lgbtq-scheme-plans-to-be-%E2%80%98impartial-on-lgbtq-lives%E2%80%99-and-to-debate-questions-of-gender-and-sexuality.496899/

The BBC aren't going to continue to pay for advice that provides, an independent commission declared, "incorrect and potentially illegal advice on transgender issues."?

The University of Essex has today published Akua Reindorf’s Review of two events involving external speakers, concerning the controversy surrounding events at which Professor Jo Phoenix (Open University) and Professor Rosa Freedman (University of Reading) had been invited to speak.

The report concludes that the University breached the Professors’ rights to freedom of expression because of preconceptions about their views on trans rights and gender identity. The University was in breach of its statutory duty to take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that freedom of speech within the law is secured for visiting speakers (s.43 of the Education Act (No. 2) 1986 s.43(1)), its own Freedom of Speech and Academic Freedom policy, its regulatory obligations, its duties under charity law and potentially the Public Sector Equality Duty.

In Professor Phoenix’s case, a seminar which she was due to give in December 2019 was cancelled at the last minute because of threats of disruption. A flyer was circulated in the University bearing an image of a cartoon character pointing a gun and the words “SHUT THE F*** UP, TERF”. The report concluded that proper use of the University’s external speaker notification procedure would have averted the last minute panic which resulted in the cancellation. Thereafter, a decision was taken to not invite Professor Phoenix to give another seminar because of concerns that she would engage in “hate speech” against trans people. The report concluded that this amounted to blacklisting and was unlawful, and that there was no reasonable basis for thinking that Professor Phoenix might use unlawful speech of any kind.

• sonic the hedgehog
  • sailor moon

It was Lily from Zombie Land Saga

jorma

« Reply #2333 on: October 07, 2021, 01:33:23 PM »

If you had to get caught fucking a sheep or denying war crimes, which would you choose?

"lindisfarne? Never heard of it, must be fake news."

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2334 on: October 07, 2021, 01:49:36 PM »

• sonic the hedgehog
  • sailor moon

🤴

Uncle

• Have You Ever
« Reply #2335 on: October 07, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »

I will say you can make a heartfelt apology on twitter and say that you've learned and grown as a person and no longer deny those war crimes

but conversely...
Uncle

Boredfrom

« Reply #2336 on: October 07, 2021, 02:23:21 PM »

• sonic the hedgehog
  • sailor moon

It was Lily from Zombie Land Saga

(Image removed from quote.)

Is funny because she is happy to be a zombie because she can stay young and pass by perpetuity.

Nintex

• Finish the Fight
« Reply #2337 on: October 07, 2021, 02:46:29 PM »
I would pick denying war crimes any day of the week and write a book about it.
🤴

Trojita

« Reply #2338 on: October 07, 2021, 02:58:34 PM »

Corporate members pay Stonewall, Europe’s largest LGBTQ charity, a fee in order to sign up, and in return, Stonewall helps the organisations create more inclusive working environments for LGBTQ employees, such as giving advice on inclusive toilets and changing room facilities.

How much were they charging for advice on toilets and changing rooms?

james

• Donate to the JAMES FUND
« Reply #2339 on: October 07, 2021, 03:04:56 PM »
My advice: toilets need to be deeper to accommodate my massive hog
:O