Author Topic: State of the forum, where we go from here, and a short experiment.  (Read 20149 times)

Lonewulfeus

• Former Unofficial Ambassador to ResetEra
Re: State of the forum, where we go from here, and a short experiment.
« Reply #240 on: December 15, 2021, 04:22:24 PM »
you guys are such drama machines

Says the guy who created thebore.org to harvest all of our data :bolo

Mediocre Lager

« Reply #241 on: December 15, 2021, 04:30:34 PM »
P.S.  SmokeyDave is a treasure.  I don’t think I’ve ever read a post of his that I didn’t either agree with or get a laugh out of. Just do everything he says.

If the Bore had money I'd vote to put him on it.

Switters

« Reply #242 on: December 15, 2021, 04:38:37 PM »
Dave Bucks backed by the Moblin standard sounds like a sound economic foundation from which to grow a nation.
troll

shosta

• Y = λ𝑓. (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥)) (λ𝑥. 𝑓 (𝑥 𝑥))
« Reply #243 on: December 15, 2021, 04:54:07 PM »
Right, so if none of this came from discord, why was it the discord members started posting again a couple days before banhammer gate?
Are there people who started posting again? I browse on occasion and I know GR and Joe post intermittently.

I just hope that the 'winners' of this whole affair are considerably more valuable and gracious than that cat that ran straight into US politics to shitpost. Funnily enough, it's posters like that which have always made me feel unwelcome when I left the shitbin.
Nintex was the most insufferable person to post here since Assimilate... not going to apologize for doing a big dance about it.

I don't feel any particular way about the other people who got banned but I think other people had real problems (like filler randomly posting anti-Semitism and James posting some creepy things on occasion).
每天生气

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2021, 05:03:29 PM »
Right, so if none of this came from discord, why was it the discord members started posting again a couple days before banhammer gate?
Are there people who started posting again? I browse on occasion and I know GR and Joe post intermittently.

I just hope that the 'winners' of this whole affair are considerably more valuable and gracious than that cat that ran straight into US politics to shitpost. Funnily enough, it's posters like that which have always made me feel unwelcome when I left the shitbin.
Nintex was the most insufferable person to post here since Assimilate... not going to apologize for doing a big dance about it.

I don't feel any particular way about the other people who got banned but I think other people had real problems (like filler randomly posting anti-Semitism and James posting some creepy things on occasion).

If you want to really chat message me on discord, I really am not having a public fight with you, if you want just check your DM's here and I'm more than happy to have a chat with you.

I'm not being petty anymore in a public space, I've checked posting habits and a few disc members only came back when bans happened, yourself posted for the first time in three months to say LOL NINTEX.

Nintex maybe a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but at least he stood by his distinguished mentally-challenged guns.

Hermit

« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2021, 05:08:50 PM »
god I wonder if resetera will take me back

:existential

Great Rumbler

• Dab on the sinners
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #246 on: December 15, 2021, 05:29:27 PM »
Nintex maybe a distinguished mentally-challenged fellow, but at least he stood by his distinguished mentally-challenged guns.

Regarding Nintex, you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to him."
dog

« Reply #247 on: December 15, 2021, 05:32:01 PM »
I will take one for the team and you can purge me.

There will be another Sideshow.

Ghoul

• Cremation will be my last chance to have a smoking hot body. We have already made the arrangements.
« Reply #248 on: December 15, 2021, 05:59:53 PM »

where did I quote gotta hand it to him though?

Also what the fuck did you guys do to Riotous?

I quote "riotous — 26/10/2021
yeah and i just had a minor situation that was clear cut that pedo fuck Great Rumbler being a douchebag
and they all just defending him..
really annoying.. i just dont need that shit"

No discord shit happend though? Also I know to fuck my invite from cats was declined due to a group vote, fuck off shallow cunts.

Yes I'm absolutely a risk, I will dox the world, despite you having numerous pictures of me, my dogs, wife and know where I'm from absolute  :doge :brain :doge
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 06:06:53 PM by Ghoul »

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #249 on: December 15, 2021, 06:11:39 PM »
I’ve seen ghouls wiener  :phil

Ghoul

« Reply #250 on: December 15, 2021, 06:12:16 PM »
I’ve seen ghouls wiener  :phil

that do be true!

Boredfrom

« Reply #251 on: December 15, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »
Post the evidence Kurt you coward!

It's not mine to post.

:lol :lol

That is the most RE like answer I seen in this thread.

Tuckers Law

« Reply #252 on: December 15, 2021, 06:19:04 PM »

where did I quote gotta hand it to him though?

Also what the fuck did you guys do to Riotous?

yeah and i just had a minor situation that was clear cut that pedo fuck Great Rumbler being a douchebag

No discord shit happend though? Also I know to fuck my invite from cats was declined due to a group vote, fuck off shallow cunts.

Yes I'm absolutely a risk, I will dox the world, despite you having numerous pictures of me, my dogs, wife and know where I'm from absolute  :doge :brain :doge

Invoking Rioutous  :lol :lol :lol

Ghoul

« Reply #253 on: December 15, 2021, 06:25:54 PM »
I also summoned Nate to login and check this shit  :-*

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #254 on: December 15, 2021, 06:28:38 PM »
Do they really have pow wows to decide who gets into their discord?  That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in this thread :sabu

BIONIC

• Virgo. Live Music. The Office. Tacos. Fur mom. True crime junkie. INTJ.
« Reply #255 on: December 15, 2021, 06:30:41 PM »
Mandork  :mueller
Margs

OpinionatedCyborg

« Reply #256 on: December 15, 2021, 07:00:31 PM »
Do they really have pow wows to decide who gets into their discord?  That’s cultural appropriation.
fixed.

paprikastaude

« Reply #257 on: December 15, 2021, 07:08:58 PM »
Did filler ever write a post longer than four words and giving likes?  :doge Not sure what the deal is. But anyone who isn't completely distinguished mentally-challenged can see that a place is better without Nintex, even if he technically didn't break any rules.

The only thing I know about James is that he's a pedophile, so I don't know why anyone would want him either. :brain

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #258 on: December 15, 2021, 07:14:21 PM »
I thought you guys calling him a pedophile was just some friendly bullying

Transhuman

• youtu.be/KCVCmGPgJS0
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2021, 07:16:49 PM »
The guy got banned for hitting on a 24 year old, that don't sound like any nonce I ever heard of.

therealdeal

« Reply #260 on: December 15, 2021, 07:27:57 PM »
if 8bit reads this:

Glen didn't actually say the thing riotous 'quoted' that made you leave. That was just a joke riotous was making. FYI.

Lonewulfeus

« Reply #261 on: December 15, 2021, 07:41:33 PM »
you guys are such drama machines

if 8bit reads this:

Glen didn't actually say the thing riotous 'quoted' that made you leave. That was just a joke riotous was making. FYI.

The drama is definitely coming from thebore.com  :heyman

CHOW CHOW

• Iconzzzzz.... zzzzz
« Reply #262 on: December 15, 2021, 07:44:04 PM »
Turns out everyone saying “Discord is killing forums” was right, just not in the intended manner of that statement.  REE, GAF, OA, and now The Bire. So much drama, splintering, “leaving”, and schoolgirl gossip behind the scenes, largely by grown men in their 30s and 40s.

Benji-kun save us :existential

How is OA btw?

Completely taken over by racists, anti-vaxxers, and nutjob conspiracy theorists. It’s barely readable.
hey

Coax

« Reply #263 on: December 15, 2021, 08:09:35 PM »
It's not mine to post. Anyone with access to that Discord can scroll back up and see what was said no doubt. (it's not like it was some massive secret - it was all talked about quite openly in a semi-public discord server).

Ugh, just fucking clip it. Posts can be deleted and then what. PM it to me as I'd honestly like to know, since any blame on the Discord's involvement in anything is frequently dismissed as speculation.

EightBitNate

• I don’t wanna be horny anymore, I wanna be happy
« Reply #264 on: December 15, 2021, 08:26:10 PM »
I don’t derive pleasure from posting on internet forums anymore. I won’t pretend I care about Nintex. I think most people here were smart enough to realize he was distinguished mentally-challenged, and maybe it was good to keep him here where he was harmless. Maybe being away will make him a better man. I think you guys place too much importance on how niche internet communities are governed :yeshrug

if 8bit reads this:

Thanks for letting me know, but I still think it was best for me to leave. I’m mostly left alone with my thoughts now, but I don’t feel subhuman after sharing something personal.

therealdeal

« Reply #265 on: December 15, 2021, 08:28:42 PM »
Right on, just glad for a chance for you to know the full situation. Hope you're doing well

naff

• someday you feed on a tree frog
« Reply #266 on: December 15, 2021, 08:37:03 PM »

...I have no issues with discord members, but they've been AWOL for the best part of a year, then suddenly return to shit on people? Very cool guys. So mature.

...What I don't understand is why Rumbler made such sweeping decisions to just flat out ban posters, when you've got HIMU posting all sorts of shit and gets slaps on the wrist.

People that have been here 10+ years have left because the forum went to shit with losers like nintex and filler. Not saying they did anything "wrong" per se except a lot of the people that made this place what it was originally simply don't like them. HIMU has been here since the beginning, is friends with people. An icon of the forum, of course he gets a pass to an extent. Also yes, an incredibly frustrating character that has said some really nasty shit over the years. It's a small offshoot forum and some people want it to be "like it once was" before the hot take reactionary shite took hold.

What are people complaining about the other site thread getting less traffic because it's private now think they're getting at? Do you think Demi et al make money with the traffic to this place?
◕‿◕

naff

« Reply #267 on: December 15, 2021, 08:39:40 PM »

riotous got irrationally angry about dog mod posting a spoiler that actually wasn't a spoiler as a meme related to Dune :doge then started calling him a pedo. it's some of the pettiest shit i have ever seen on a forum lmao
◕‿◕

Tuckers Law

« Reply #268 on: December 15, 2021, 08:52:34 PM »
Sounds like Riotous.  That guy would beef with a traffic sign.

Drainage

« Reply #269 on: December 15, 2021, 09:04:42 PM »
Never forget the bore is made up of former resetera and neogaf posters

Snoopycat_

« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2021, 09:09:34 PM »
Maybe for the sake of karmic balance and to soothe troubled brows there should be a thread where people can post nice things about Ree, or things Ree have posted they agree with. Such as -

What do you feel is overall the best beverage to have with dinner? Of course it can be meal-dependent, but if you had to pick one, which would you choose?

I'd go with milk. It pairs well with most foods, it dampens my reflux, and it's tasty.

I agree. Personally I'd rather have a cup of tea or a lager, but milk is fine too.

naff

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2021, 09:12:22 PM »
milk with dinner is fucked imo  :jeanluc
◕‿◕

BikeJesus

« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2021, 09:42:09 PM »
Great Rumbler? More like Great Tumblr.

spoiler (click to show/hide)
i don't even know what that means. I'm just happy demi stepped in to reverse the bullshit. discord cliques and terminally online people who want to control others are the fucking worst. free nintex and free filler.
[close]

Snoopycat_

« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2021, 09:54:54 PM »
Milk with a sandwich is ok. I wouldn't drink it with a meal but that person likes it and that's their choice, and that's absolutely fine.

bork

• おっぱいは命、尻は故郷
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2021, 09:56:42 PM »
"This thread has run its course."

Go back to the shitposting thread.

:bolo
ど助平